Help – I'm gaining weight!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Help – I'm gaining weight!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  deedee79 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hello fellow fasters. I’ve lost 3.5st on the Fast diet and now continue to fast regularly to maintain my weight (which until 8 months ago) was 9st. Working offshore hasn’t helped and had gained some weight. Now that I am back onshore and back sticking to the 5:2 I have also joined a gym and go 5x a week as I really enjoy the classes, gym and swim. However, my weight seems to be increasing… I am now 10.2 and very worried that it is slowly creeping back on. I’ve stopped going crazy on my fast days, seriously reduced my alcohol intake. Not really sure what I am doing wrong however, my jeans fit better and my thighs and glutes look better from the exercise – but why this weight gain??

Could someone please help me find a way to exercise and not gain weight or tell me what I am doing wrong?
    Thank you

If your jeans fit better and you’re looking better for all the exercise, maybe you’re doing all the right things.

Muscle weighs the same as fat, but takes up far less space, and looks less flabby. Could it be that you’re better hydrated now than before? If I were you, I’d stick to the 5:2, pay close attention to my TDEE on non-fast days, and use the tape-measure to follow my progress rather than the scales for a while. No need to cut out alcohol as long as you account for all those empty calories…

Good luck!

Hi And… Exhale
    Thanks for the advice. I’ve started to see some difference since keeping a food and exercise diary especially on Feast days. I think I was undoing all the good work of my fast says during the feast days!
    I’ll take your advice about getting the tape measure out instead of the scales for a whole.

All the best and have a good say

Dee

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.