Help! Bloating, water retention and skin irritation. What am I doing wrong?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Medical conditions and fasting
Help! Bloating, water retention and skin irritation. What am I doing wrong?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  PreciousBooBoo 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• I have been on the 5:2 diet for just 3 weeks and I have gained 3Kg. I only wanted to loose 4Kg. So that’s a kicker. I think it is water retention as it is very similar to a pattern I saw when I was pregnant with both my children.
    At that time I would suffer from bloating and localised skin irritation on my fingers as well as acne. That is exactly what is happening now. I am 39 and a bit old for acne thanks! I was told at the time it could be my endocrine system and hormones…
    Since being on the diet I have stuck to it. I do get hungry but have managed to stay within the 500 cal limit and drunk no alcohol on those days. I have noticed I have been eating less on the other days as my appetite seems to have reduced.
    This makes no sense to me. I am really hoping someone has some ideas. I want to stick with this as I have a family riddled with heart disease and am hoping this will prevent heart and cholesterol issues later.
    Regards,
    VB

Hi VB

Poor you; that is the last thing you would expect to happen. If I was you I would be straight off to my doctor to see if they can suggest what might be happening to you.

It would be great if Dr Mosely could give you some advice if he has come accross this side affect before or hopefully someone else on the site may have had something similar happen to them; and found out what the issue was.

I don’t want to put you off but I’m not sure I would continue with the fasting until I knew what was going on.

Thanks #PreciousBooBoo, I took your advice and saw my doctor today. He sent me for some blood tests to check my hormone levels. Maybe that will turn up something.

Hi VB

You’ve done the best thing; water retention can be linked to loads of things so it’s best to narrow it right down if possible.

You don’t have a lot of weight to lose anyway; so when you get this issue identified and sorted out you can resume your fast diet.

Let us know what it is linked to; it always helps the next person who gets that problem.

Take care

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.