HELP! All ladies of a 'certain age'-please respond

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
HELP! All ladies of a 'certain age'-please respond

This topic contains 7,289 replies, has 660 voices, and was last updated by  Opal Shine 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 4,251 through 4,300 (of 7,330 total)

• Hi Norty and welcome:

The term ‘metabolism’ is thrown around quite freely. What goes down is your TDEE. As you have less weight to move around all day, your calorie requirement shrinks. You can test this by going to your TDEE calculator (there is one on the top of this page), putting in your current information and then putting in your goal weight. The TDEE for your goal weight will probably be less than for your current weight. This is the slowdown in ‘metabolism’ that they are talking about. And it is not a bad thing, as it reflects the fact you are losing weight!

Here are some tips that might help: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

I’m 60 and on my second fast day. I find I am able to skip my breakfast and not eat until dinner. All I have is a large coffee with cream and honey then I walk to work and put in my time, which I find is quite easy. Dinner tonight is a slice of homemade meatloaf and a small greek salad. I’m not too concerned with fast weight loss and will be quite happy even if it takes a few months. I live in British Columbia Canada.

Hi all,
    Thanks for all the responses and good wishes, it’s really good to come across such a supportive community! Very happy today because at last the scales have budged! Actually quite dramatically, down 2kg from my first weigh in on the 3rd Jan. Will definitely continue and feel well motivated.i note all your warnings about overdoing it, and promise to be sensible, but my TDEE (only just found out about this!) is quite low at 1680 so I will continue watching the calories all week, probably sticking with 4:3 if not 3:4! As I said previously, the fast days don’t feel like fasts because we’re allowed to eat what we like, so long as it stays below 500, and this is proving surprisingly easy for me to do by sticking to low calorie but filling foods such as fruit and veg. (Yes I am counting them, but a sweet crunchy apple is only 40 calories!)
    Cheers all good luck to all of you too,
    Chubby xxx

Bonjour LOACA – I’m slowly getting back into the 5:2 and reading everyone’s posts – this is just a quick one about metabolism. I learnt that when we reach peri-menopause/menopause we should immediately reduce our daily calorie intake by 250 calories, which is quite a chunk each day.

This is my second attempt at the 5:2, and this time when I put my details in to work out my TDEE I put in the weight I would like to be, which obviously reduced my TDEE. My TDEE should be 1800 (which to me seems a lot) so working at the weight I should like to be it has come down to 1600 which I find is quite generous. Working with this figure (and the two 500-calorie fast days) my daily calorie intake averages out at 1200 per day, which is the ‘norm’ when on a low-calorie daily diet.

Knowing I can manage the two fast days, and knowing I can eat up to 1600 calories on the other 5, the FD is very do-able for me.

I must also add this time round I have taken, for me, the major decision not to buy any desserts, chocolates, biscuits, patisseries (all quite difficult with the temptations here in France); the only sweet thing I allow myself is a couple of squares of 70% dark chocolate. One advantage is that I live in the depths of the countryside and the nearest food shop is some 15 minutes drive away, and as shops shut by 7 p.m. I have no opportunity to dash out and buy something.

I’m loving getting back on this forum with lots of lovely ladies to support each other.

I’ll be back soon,
    a bientot
    Femme

Bonjour Femme Anglaise and other regulars,
    I seem to recall you might be in the beautiful Burgundy area FA. I’m a little north east of you I think, right in the middle of France.

I’m close to my second month-e-versary of fasting and the weight is ratcheting down slowly (I think I’m going to average a loss of around 1.5 kgs a month), which I can live with, given that this means around 15 – 18 kgs down by the end of the year!!

I used to be really bad about baking and cooking. and like you FA, I live some way from shops but unlike you I don’t like French baking, so I’ve become an enthusiastic and competent baker of cakes, scones, muffins etc. This makes my OH very happy and at the moment, I have a modest pig-out on my culinary efforts on my 4 non-fast days.

I hope everybody is doing well on the regime and that nobody is suffering too much of a plateau!

Take care, all. I’ll be posting results of the little December survey soon.

Dear Ladies of a Certain Age – I’ve enjoyed reading your posts and wanted to add some comments that will apply to several of you. As I am in my sixties now I can say that I have tried many, many different diets since I was twenty-eight years old. I was driven to be as slim as possible as I lived in New York City at that time and had worked on Madison Avenue and then later on Wall Street. As I got older the daily pressures took more of a toll and my weight see-sawed but the worse thing for me (and may I say for many of you) is that I placed too much pressure on myself. While many of you may deny it, you drive yourself to meet some inner vision of perfection that you have created, cobbled together, I daresay from magazines, tv documentaries, Hollywood and Cannes award shows and by listening to your inner perfectionist – you know that little devil that never seems happy with anything you do. It is only recently that I have begun to understand that my mindset and ability to handle stress/pressure in a more constructive way is the key to losing weight and keeping it off. To do this you might want to try yoga, running, tai chi, qi-gong or mindfulness training – or perhaps just take an art class? Believe it or not this too will affect your weight – how you ask? You will sleep better when you are more aware of contentment, sleep is so….so important to weight loss. You will become more aware that you did not in fact drink those eight glasses of water (by the way, for those of you feeling stuck in the weight loss, did you try drinking closer to ten glasses of water? This can often jog the scale down – you don’t have to keep it up permanently). Those of you who have seen inches but not pounds lost should take heart from the fact that I did another type of fasting diet many times in my working life (Optifast) and it would (on all four occasions that I did this fast) take more than forty pounds of weight lost in this dramatic and not healthy manner to show the improvements you all are seeing that comes from 5:2 – be grateful. This brings me to another type of mind-conditioning – learn to be grateful. As you achieve more peace in your mind (see suggestions above) you may wish to start generating positive thoughts by being grateful for what you have achieved – something almost magical happens when you start appreciating the good in what you are doing, whether it’s having the baby, walking an extra mile, taking time to meet a friend you have not seen in a long time etc. Try to enjoy where you are now and you will get to where you want to be a lot faster.

Hi Ladies…
    It’s been a while but I thought I’d share my progress. It’s pretty slow but that is my intention. I didn’t gain all my weight in a year so neither will I lose it all in a year. That way I will hopefully avoid all that saggy skin.
    So I did all my measurements in Sept ’14 and it’s been 4mths 2 days. I have lost 7kg and it isn’t the water retention as it stays the same over a couple of weeks. This and a huge 5cm from my bust, 7cm from my waist and 8cm from my hips…

Now I cut my daily calorie intake from 1500 to 1100 and my fast days I try to keep at 500 but I must admit I do go over a little on the fast days and more often than not I don’t even get close to 1100cals on a non fast day. It really comes down to quantity and I have found that the fast days really make it so I don’t feel like eating much on the non fast days either. I try not to worry over much if I go over or under. We’re a gluten free household so that really helps too I think.

I am not doing anything particularly special except for watching out for the serving size so I don’t think my diet now will ever change. Hopefully it means I will reduce in my personal size right along with it. I haven’t increased my exercise at all in fact I have reduced it over the last couple of months. I was using my walking machine 3 times a week but I have been slack. I will get back into it soon I hope. That being said, I started out with the goal of losing weight in the most painless way, ie no drastic dietary changes or increase to exercise as I knew in myself that it’s not something I would be able to sustain long term.

So wish me luck that my theory is going to work and I continue to reduce slowly but surely over the next 4 months.

Best to you all….

Good Afternoon all ( especially the newbies as I am one as well )
    This is week three for me and now finding the fast days easier and easier as I go . Also notice that on non fast days my cravings for food have decreased and not looking for “sugar hits” as I once was.
    I have to admit that the mere fact of logging food consumed has kept me busy and on the correct track.
    Still planning to do more exercise. Havent weighed yet but plan to measure tonight.I personally think for me measurements are more accuarate than scales and I always tend to get really cranky when the scales dont go down BUT the body alters .
    I enjoy reading everyones post and picking up small bits of information that I hadnt clicked with e.g as your weight goes down so will your TDEE. Obvious to many but not to me so glad to get that essential info .

Have a great day everyone.

Best wishes to those in France surrounded by some of the best cuisine in the world,I would find it a challenge !

Hi everybody I am qualified for this group I hope πŸ™‚ I’m 55 and have gone through all of it. Only have hot flashes from time to time πŸ™ anyway, this is my first day. Apart from trying to get back into my clothes and skinny jeans LOL I would love to deal with stress a bit easier so I started 5 Tibetan Rights 3 weeks ago in the morning ( apart fro Stott Pilates 3 times a week), I try to meditate every day for 20 minutes and this is the third lucky thing I am doing for myself. Since starting the whole menopause ordeal I have put on 15 kg slowly but steadily in the past 6 years. I would love to get rid of the extra weight until autumn if it is realistic. What do you all think?
    Your post are so inspiring. Thank you all
    Love m

Hi Makica
    Hope you are having a great first day. Looks as if you have got things sorted ( i.e taking time for yourself ) I should really do more of this.
    15 kgs by August should be OK just recognise that you may hit a plateau here and there. In every diet that I have done this has happened . This year I am looking at the fast diet as a Life Style change,week three for me and all ok and feeling really well .
    As for skinny jeans ,they are some designers evil joke made to torment pre and post menopausal women.
    I find boot jeans are my friend.

Hi rancidveg, yes skinny jeans are a torment for us but I was referring to my jeans that I wore when I was skinny – those I call mu skinny jeans. Too bad there no emoticons because mine would how embarrassment. LOL The worst kind of torture for me is going jeans shopping. Arghhhh
    I did great my first day and proud of it. πŸ˜€ lost a LOOOOOOOT of water but still feel great.
    Love and joy to all of you from Makica

Morning LOACA
    As promised, I’m going to publish the results of the little survey I ran in December. Sadly I can’t post up the pretty graphs and graphics, but this tells you a little about what we have in common:

30 reponses (Number/percentage of total responses)

Q: Are you –
    Menopausal/post-menopausal (19 – 63%)
    Perimenopausal (4 13%)
    In denial (7 23%)

Q: I live in:
    Europe (11)
    North America somewhere (8)
    Southern hemisphere (9)
    No fixed abode (1)

Q: Worse thing about menopause:
    Hot flushes (6)
    Mood swings/anxiety (3)
    Weight gain (18)
    Other problems: (all of the above; accepting it’s not teenage angst!)

Q: Are you:
    Wage slave (14)
    Lady of leisure (9)
    In my own business (3)

Q: When did your weight problems begin:
    At birth (3)
    During adulthood (20)
    What weight prob (5)

Q: During fat life, which diets have you tried?
    WW or other community/club (17)
    Cabbage soup/mayo clinic (10)
    Various low carb (19)
    Other (11)
    Other responses: Every one known to mankind (been there sister); Stopped eating after 6 p.m. (been there sister); Juicing, Cambridge, Atkins, Yoyo, No sugar

Q: How much have you to lose?
    20 – 50lbs 10
    Less than 20lbs 15
    At goal – 3

How much have you lost while doing intermittent fasting?
    20 – 50lbs 8
    10 – 20 lbs 7
    Less than 10 lbs 15

Have a great weekend followed by a strong, successful fasting week!

@ex-piggy this is great. Sad that I didn’t take part in it.
    Love m

Hi everyone.. Thanks ex-piggy for publishing the results of your survey, I did take part in it and found the results interesting! Just finished my 3rd week on the 5:2 and I have lost 7lbs

Hi all, just started yesterday in sheer desperation., knew basics from friends and colleagues who have done the 5:2. Had a great day, even felt energised to do some gardening and clean out some of the garage , in the Southern Hemisphere and we had upwards of 30C degree temperature ( approx 90F) …anyway was 1kg lighter this morning , so that’s good by me and know it will be water weight.
    I’ve tried most run of the mill diets over the years and always manage to lose 3-6kg but this menopause gig just doesn’t let me shift that fat as I used to be able.
    In all honestly I know I’m not going to join a gym, do weights, run or cardio. I figure if I can lose a kg every month and keep it off this time next year I would be 12 kgs lighter – 6 would be great ! Walking is my exercise of choice .
    I’m totally over weighing, counting, converting , shaking , juicing etc. and I feel positive that I can make this work for me, my schedule and family setting. I can change the fasting day if necessary to accomodate and enjoy special occasions without feeling guilty…onwards and downwards on the scales

so i’m 52 and can’t lose weight, i’m chronically ill and extremely sedentary, and i guess by the looks of this post, this diet won’t work for me either, right? here’s what i wrote on my introduction post… sorry for cross posting, but just would really like to know if there’s no reason to bother trying this diet. πŸ™

Hello, I’m listening to the audiobook over and over.

I have never considered intermittent fasting possible for me, because generally the way it’s done means HUNGER at the beginning and end of every… single… day…. and i have a problem with stomach acid so hunger is a nightmare for me.

Plus i have had most of my stomach cut out, so the large eating in the allowable hours was not possible for me either.

I like Joel Fuhrman’s diet but can’t do it… too much craving for bad food.

So i thought that i could try this diet, and for my 500 calorie days, i can have a couple green smoothies for very few calories and get in my micronutrients like a good girl

BUT… i used to be a raw whole food vegan, and i ate 600 calories EVERY DAY, i was always hungry, but never lost any weight, and ended up with my immune system getting angry at me.

so the big question is, and i hope this is the right place to ask it, is….. if i basically ‘fasted’ the way Dr. Mosely says i should and i did it EVERY DAY and never lost an ounce of fat (i’m quite overweight)

then WHY will only doing it TWO days a week make me lose weight????? i’m not getting it yet, what IS the simple secret of intermittent fasting??

i have tortured my body with diets only to end up fatter and sicker in the end, and i need an answer to this question before i will attempt this new approach…. i’m not longer into torturing myself for even one day A MONTH for what turns out to be no reason.

thanks everyone, sorry to sound like a downer

I am 50 years, I have just finished my 4th week of 5:2. I am feeling somewhat discouraged. I honestly haven’t lost anything. I got my period last week and went up a pound (a very sad day because I didn’t know why I went up until my period came, it is very erratic). I need to lose 40lbs. I am super careful on fast days and am often under 500 calories. Non fast days I am finding that my appetite has decreased significantly. I havent measured yet but I think I need to as I know that can be very motivating and encouraging. I live in Canada and it is dark and icy here right now, but I know I am too sedentary. I just started a new fulltime job which is quite intense and I am quite tired at the end of the day. I know exercise will help, just need to find places to fit it in. Just sad right now I really need those scales to move. On the up side my heartburn has gone away. I have to keep going, I can do this longterm, I want it to work very badly. Any words of encouragememt or wisdom would be great.

Hi Everyone and especially Lowride and Nazareth,
    I have lost a lot of weight on this 5:2 diet. But before I started I had cut out all refined sugar and sort of eat like a paleo/banting diet. Which is to say I try and have no packaged food at all. I also had gone off grains after reading the book Grain Brain by David Perlmutter. To say I cheat a little would be true sort of maybe have an extra treat on weekends. I fast on Tuesday/Thursday and I only eat once a day on those days. I ate more at the start and then tried it one day so I eat only at 6pm and drink black coffee ( always have white other days ) water for the day. I do walk and try to do 20 000 steps a day have a fitbit to calculate that. On fast days as protein I only eat egg fish or chicken. I just feel I can only comment on what I do as I have no medical training but this diet has been amazing for me. I have struggled with weight all my life and now here i am at 54 the slimmest I have ever been. So all I can say is keep going and maybe try little carbs – I try to eat no simple carbs at all because there is carbs in vegetables Let me know how you get on

I’m 57 – gain easily – takes forever to lose. I am very active but the fat just clings on….hoping this diet will be a life saver…on week 2
    I have lost just over 2 lbs πŸ™
    but I guess that’s a start.

Hi all! I’m 56 and have found the same pattern as the recent posters. It’s mind boggling and so frustrating that a few pounds can go on so easily and one pound takes such effort to lose. Yet another bummer about going through the menopause! I’ve sweated so much in the last few years, I should have lost a couple of stone!! However, I agree that 5:2 has to become a way of life (or 6:1 when we get to that stage) and we will see and feel the longer-term health benefits, as well as maintaining the weight loss. So let’s keep supporting and encouraging each other because we all have days when we struggle and feel like giving up, especially when the scales seems to be stuck.

Hi Every-one and especially Lowride
    I do feel for you! Sounds very much like my own story! But really, MEASURE! I recently came to Sri Lanka 2 1/2 weeks ago (to do some charity work) and I brought some slimmer soups with me and on fast days (every other day) I try to stick to a couple of those plus cooked veg (the main food here is rice and curry – delicious, but quite calorie dense). I was very, very good the first week here, and as I have no scales, had to go and buy a tape measure to see if I had made any progress. That first week I lost 3 inches! (Half inch on bust, waist, hips etc etc). I was amazed. I have lost an average of one pound a week on this WOL for the past 12 weeks and I assume I didn’t lose any more than that here. But the measurements certainly showed a difference.
    I too have tried every diet going, but the health benefits of this one attracted me, and though usually I would give up at a pound a week loss, I have stuck to it.
    I too have about 40 pounds to lose, and want it to go as quickly as possible (daughter’s wedding coming up), so I will continue, doing the best I can. I also, can’t get much exercise due to bad arthritis in my knees and back, but each day I try and do something.
    Good luck everybody, don’t lose heart – keep reading the really inspirational people like Broomstick – you’ll get there.
    Best wishes all, Slimmersylv

Oh, a little PS for Nazareth, I suffered terribly from acid every time I was hungry. But weirdly, on this, it seems to have gone and I very rarely have need of my medication for this. Sounds like Lowride has experienced similar with her heartburn. So that’s one good reason for doing it if nothing else I think.
    Best wishes
    Slimmersylv

Hi everyone, just checking in, 4 weeks in and I’ve lost 4.5kg, very happy! I haven’t measured but notice that my size 16 jeans, which had got uncomfortably tight, are now slipping down a bit!

Keep it up everyone, there are lots of people on here proving that it does work if you stick at it. I do think you have to watch the intake on non fasting days too though if you’re going to lose weight, ie keep under your TDEE.
    Good luck everyone,
    CC x

Hello ladies,
    I don’t eat anything at all on the fasting days. It is hard, but I think as we get older we have to make more effort. I am 65.

Good morning ladies!
    I have been doing this WOL since 5th January. Today is my week 4 weigh in. I started at 10st 12lbs or 152lbs and today I am 10st 4lbs or 144lbs, I have lost 8lbs, over half a stone! I am happy with that. I am only 5’2″ and apple shaped so every ounce shows. This fat has to go before my 60th birthday in September. I am hoping it will go well before then as I live in Spain and pool weather will soon be here.

Vron, I did a no eating fast day last week and honestly found it quite easy. I will happily do that again but perhaps not this week. Agree with you that at our age we have to try harder.

Good luck everyone, we can do this!

Thanks for your comments on Pilates. I have been doing Pilates for years and didn’t want to give it up as at least one class would fall on a fasting day. Glad to hear it helps.

Good morning! how is everyone doing?
    I have just completed a B2B fast
    Tuesday – 350 calories
    Wednesday – 50 calories, liquids only.
    I can honestly say that on Wednesday I didn’t feel hungry at all, smug yes, hungry no.
    I know I shouldn’t check the scales before my weigh day but I couldn’t resist, I am VERY happy with what they are telling me, and I am looking forward to my lovely reward of porridge with blueberries.
    Fasting again tomorrow.
    Have a great day fellow fasters

Wow Applepie that is amazing – I honestly haven’t tried fasting 2 days in a row so well done. I am just doing my normal 2 day fast and I honestly feel with my hormonal stuff I am much better and I honestly believe its the fasting. I had lost another kg last week which is great but not looking really to lose anymore happy with my weight but desperate to maintain it
    Hope everyone else is doing well

Applepie, thanks for your comments. I find the ‘no eating’ day easier than calculating 500 calories. Also, I have been on so many diets I find it hard to lose even a few pounds. My scales have in fact shown a 2 pound increase since I started a week or so ago, but the tape measure shows a slight reduction. I’ll keep at it.

I have been reading some of the replies to this comment qbout the diet. I am on my fourth week and I have only lost a pound. I am 73 have high blood pressure and high cholesterol so I would like to lose for my health. Joint pain restricts my exercise but I do walk regularly

Very useful.

Hello. I am 71 years old and I’ve been doing the 4:3 diet for 5 weeks. I’ve lost 11lbs in that time, fasting for 3 days out of 7.

It was quite difficult at first not to cheat on my fast days but I psyched myself into self-discipline by visualising the Levis jeans I would buy when my waist gets smaller. (OK Levis at my age? – get a life!)

After the first couple of weeks it got easier, especially to give up wine πŸ™ and now I’ve got into a routine that suits me. I’m a big fan of the Paleo diet and this has made it easy to work out good things to eat on fast and non-fast days.

I’m now going to focus on the exercise element of the diet and am looking to get a stationary bike as recommended in the book. I have a replacement knee which makes running/jogging difficult and a bike sounds like it would help.

Good luck to y’all!

Great positive post LuckyBitch and well done you are so right you need to get very disciplined at the start and then the fast days definitely get easier. Keep on going

Hi. I’m 67 & a couple of years ago I lost 1.5 stone low carbing. However the weight has crept on & I have found it hard to go back to that regime, especially as our favourite local restaurant is Italian & there are a restricted number of dishes which meet the low carb requirements. Also we have suppers with friends sometimes twice a week & I hate to appear faddy.

I started 5:2 last Monday & my second day was Thursday. I haven’t weighed myself but my trousers are already looser. I am a planner & found it easy probably because I have been used to protein & low carb veg so not a huge change in my supper. Breakfast too stayed the same – Greek yogurt & blueberries but the yogurt is now zero% fat not full fat.

Tomorrow however is going to be a full on eating day with a lunchtime birthday party for my DD who has just turned 40 followed by a large & rich chocolate cake I have just baked! (And I licked the bowl out – no GC around to help.) So next week I will fast Mon, Wed & Friday if I can manage it. The flexibility of the 5:2 appeals to me but I am trying to be realistic & not aim for too low a weight. When choosing between my face & my ample backside I am definitely choosing my face.

What does amp mean?

Hi All

Just loving all the positivity.
    I’m trying hard to do the ADF, sometimes I overeat a bit on the Fast days. I’m in Sri Lanka (been here nearly a month, two more to go) and low cal food is practically non-existent!
    I can’t weigh, but measure each week and my ‘muffin top’ is definitely decreasing, though not a lot of movement on bust, waist and hips yet.
    Fatstar – amp is just a weird techno thing that happens if you put in an & symbol on this site I think. If it is it will appear after my last & sign.
    Keep up the good work everybody – it’s lovely to hear from you all.
    Best wishes
    Slimmersylv

Oh, OK, maybe not & after all! Just a blip though all the same.
    Slimmersylv

My weight has increased by a kilo since I started doing the 5:2 a fortnight ago. I shall stick at it but I am motivated by positive results not the opposite, so I am a bit disappointed.

What is the optimal waist to height ratio?

Vron, I think your waist should be less than half your height. Mine isn’t, still a way to go.
    I can understand your disappointment. What if you try to eat below your goal TDEE, instead of your current, on non fast days, do you think you want to try that? I saw somewhere that you enjoy a glass of wine, right with you on that! but I think it is doing me good to know that I just can’t have it on my fast days. I feel much better for it.
    I weigh in tomorrow, hoping for a nice loss.

Hi to all. I have enjoyed reading all of your comments, some positive and some not so positive. I have been over weight all my life. I done a fasting diet about 6 years ago, combined with exercise and I lost a whopping 42 kilos. Since then a lot has happened in my life and the weight just piled back on. I now suffer with arthritis in my knees, quite badly, so I am looking to have a go at the fasting again. I won’t be able to do all of the exercises I done before, but will be able to do some walking. I am going to start my fast tomorrow (Monday 9th Feb 2015). I will keep you updated with my progress.

I have tried all sorts of diets over the years and none of them worked. I need to lose the weight for my health.

congratulations to all of you that have had great results, and to those that are not doing so well, keep going, you will get there. πŸ™‚

I am so fed up with trying to lose weight so this is my last resort to try the fast diet. I’m a newbie here. Thank you for all your posts.

GOOD LUCK

Hi Coconutbunz, When are you going to start your fast? Maybe we can go through this together and share our ups and downs and achievements.

Dietgurus, thank you.

Yes!! Another 2lbs gone….. and don’t come back! haha.

I am now 10st 2lbs, that is my lowest for many, many years. Even though the scales showed 10st dead the day after my no food day I knew I would be a bit heavier after my normal eating weekend.
    I am finding 4:3 works best for me. So I have 3 fast days, 1 of which is a no food day. On my eating days I eat “normally” well not as I used to, about half that. I have wine with my evening meal but the gin and tonics are history. What was I thinking??
    Fast day 1 of the new week today, bring it on!
    Enjoy your day everyone.

Congratulations Applepie. I am starting my journey to a new me in a few hours. I have quite a bit to lose. I am hoping to lose a fair bit before I go on holiday in August.

I have lost 2.5 lbs in in my first week & very happy with that. Fasted on Monday & Thursday last week & had a great day yesterday celebrating my DD’s 40th. At least 2000 calories were consumed in food & drink. I thought that might scupper any benefits from last week’s fast days so pleasantly surprised. Fast day today & another on Thursday. Had planned to do 3 this week but I know that if it gets too hard I will cave in so slow & steady is my plan.

Thanks for your messages Applepie.

So sorry for the loss of your husband Mary Louise πŸ™

Thank you for the links, had a quick look, good guidelines (I like the concept of 3 meals a day and nothing in between and I hope this new fasting regime will help me become more self-disciplined) and I’m so sick of counting calories! For once in my life I just want a diet that works where I dont have to count every single damn calorie or think about food (obsession) 24/7 and as mentioned before, the weight doesnt just drop off anymore as it did in my 20s and 30s.

I will start 5:2 next week, would love to hear of any success stories out there from ladies over 50. When it comes to weight loss the men have it so much easier don’t they, so not fair!

πŸ™‚

OOps! Obviously I’m new in here. The above post was for Mary Louise and I clicked on reply under her name but then ended up at the end of the line.

Viewing 50 posts - 4,251 through 4,300 (of 7,330 total)

You must be logged in to reply.