HELP! All ladies of a 'certain age'-please respond

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
HELP! All ladies of a 'certain age'-please respond

This topic contains 7,289 replies, has 660 voices, and was last updated by  Opal Shine 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 6,601 through 6,650 (of 7,330 total)

• That 124.5 scream has been sucked back in, but I’ll get back down there soon enough. Last night was dinner / Broadway with friends. I ate about half my plate…then others took over. Just can’t eat as much as I used to! Now there’s something worth screaming about. And pants are so easy to zip up.

Off to visit son#2 in college overnight. And son#1 will be dropping in too so I am a very happy mommy today.

A colleague is joining me in fasting on Monday. We will support each other (I mostly supporting her, I anticipate) and we will sip our miso together.

May you scream again soon K-Lo!

Fast Day here, it is cool and grey. Home alone while the others are having breakfast with rellies. I’ve managed to (nearly) clean the kitchen and I have an enormous loaf of bread rising. It will be ready to eat tomorrow (I am into slow rises!). Hope it is as good as the last one.

Listening to my favourite radio shows and making one more cup of tea. Best wishes everyone!

Morning ladies,

I got to mums safely and would you believe it we have had more snow…..

It is not supposed to last so hopefully will manage some gardening later in week. …
    Today is a fast day not easy here but hopefully will survive it…

Keep in touch

Audrey

I hope you get through your fast day Audrey! Is it a Thursday Fast? surely it can’t still be Wednesday there! I have been pretty hungry today, but lots of cuppas, including a mug of miso soup, and the end is in sight!
    All power to you!
    Hope the snow is gone soon!

Cinque

Today is Sunday. …

I am going all day without food then having chicken and vegetables for my evening meal…. it is a lovely crisp morning here the sun is shining and the frost is thawing. ….

We are having a quiet day today hopefully no visitors just me and mum! She sends you get best regards….

Audrey

Oh dear! I am a bit befuddled. It is Sunday here too! Deep evening, all the birds are tweeting as they settle in the trees outside for sleep. Just had a little supper of chicken and veggies. One more cuppa. Early to bed I think, my brain needs to recoup!

Thanks to your mum, and lots of good wishes to you both. I hope it is a lovely quiet day!

Hehe Cinque

Definitely a lady of a certain age moment…. haha I 😀😀

Mum sat here chuckling at you…. I have got the carpet cleaner out ready to do the living room not exactly restful but it needs doing and no one else will…..

Have a good sleep my down under friend…. catch up later

Audrey

Yes! I am on the right thread! Glad to make your mum laugh. After you do that carpet could you pop over and do mine please?
    Bed soon!
    Best wishes and all good things 🙂

Course I can Cinque mum will come too…. just send the air tickets…. haha xxx sleep well…

Audrey and mum….

I sent you air ticket wishes, Audrey, for you and your mum. Qantas, business class. I hoped very much that they would materialise…. but maybe not?

On the other hand, maybe you wouldn’t want to stay in small 2 bedroomed flat containing me, my daughter, my son in law, my cat and a teething toddler! I’m not sure even you carpet sweeper would fit!

Luckily they move to their house on Wednesday, AND my darling homehelp comes on Wednesday, so if the tickets turn up, catch the Thursday plane, and don’t worry about the carpet!

I’ve had a delicious post fast day. My loaf of bread baked beautifully, so lovely toast for breakfast, and kotlet for supper (potato and beef crumbed patties with Iranian spices) with lettuce and avocado, grilled tomatoes, and some roasted veg too. Followed by yoghurt and raspberries.
    Just about ready for another fast day now!

Cinque

Of course it may be easier and cheaper to buy your own cleaner….

Mum says the postman has been no tickets yet…..haha

I had a successful fast day yesterday and am looking forward to my mums roast beef dinner tonight. …. no one cooks like your mum…

Have a great day

Patty are you ok?

Audrey

Hello Cinque, thanks for the welcome! Here in Brazil is very easy to fast, we have a wide variety of vegetables, for meat eaters as I also have in abundance and the price is well into account, then the fruits forget it, I eat very little because they are very sweet, use enough coconut, avocado and strawberries.
    I have no difficulty in fasting, it is difficult to get people cooking and staying true to the amount of calories.
    A big hug.

Hi All

Been reading your lovely posts and admiring all that you do. You are a bunch of busy ladies. I work full time and don’t seem to have much energy left after I have walked the dog, done household chores and visited my aged aunt once a week.

I am struggling with the fast diet at the moment. Have a chocolate craving which is probably due to stress. Can’t seem to get back in control so thought I would write a post to hopefully give me the proverbial kick up the backside. Have failed miserably today so will start again tomorrow. Food is my demon as well as my love.

Best of luck to all you ladies.

Topsy

Steady as she goes at 125.2. FD today. Will not make my wedding anniversay goal but that is just fine. I feel so much lighter. At charity gala at my son’s fraternity on Saturday, I ate so little of my dinner that others commented. It went into a take home box for one of the frat brothers at my table. I did hoever eat my dessert!

Hello ladies, I’ve been so busy lately. It was fun catching up on all the news and reading the posts. Cinque, if you have the time send along a ticket for me as well. I would love to try some of your bread and all the other delicious sounding foods you make. I don’t mind being crowded in with family!

Yesterday was fast day for me. It was going to be a 30 hour fast but it turned into a much longer one. I had planned on eating supper in the evening but had some problem with dental work (a permanent bridge came out) so I had to go to the dentist late afternoon. My mouth was too sore and numb to eat supper. So am looking forward to breakfast this morning.

Cinque, we were in the same situation at one point. Our daughter, son-in-law, and their little one were living with us. And they were still here when the new baby came along. They stayed about a month after she was born. Now we’re in the opposite situation. They’re now moving to the state of Indiana, which is even farther away than our son in Ohio. It’s an 8 hour drive to Ohio and 4 more hours to the new home in Indiana. 😭 It’s going to be lonely around here. I wish they could stay but it’s an opportunity they just can’t afford to pass up. He starts his new job in 2 weeks and a house is included with all utilities paid. How good is that!? Kelly and the girls will stay in their home until the girls finish the school year in June. They’ve had some people looking at their house but no offers yet.

I’ve been having some great fasting days. It seems like it gets easier sometimes, but then it gets difficult again. We have a lot of birthdays this month so it seems a lot of cake. I’ve baked 3 cakes in the last few weeks! Fortunately I’m able to have one piece then move. I think my success in resisting is due to my fasting. Those days keep me on track during my non-fast days. K-Lo, you’ll get back to the screaming weight before too long.

Audrey, it’s been snowing here, too. It’s a horrible spring. Poor flowers are buried under the snow. I’ve had my winter coat put away then taken out again. I’ve had my spring coat out then put away again. My mittens and boots are waiting by the back door instead of being stored in the closet like they’re supposed to be! But the grass, where it’s not covered, is a beautiful bright spring green! So there’s hope. 🌷❄🌹❄🌷❄🌹❄🌷

Have a great day everyone! I’m off to another substituting job!

Patty

Topsy, forgot to welcome you to the group. This is definitely my go-to group for encouragement and inspiration. Lots of help with the cravings and the falling into ditches problems. I’m glad you found us.

Patty

Patty glad you are ok… Mum sends her best to you…

Cinque mum says best you come here there is more room here… hehe you too of course Patty ….

Would you believe the belt on the carpet cleaner broke so I have to go town and get one and I managed to fit it too…. girl power haha…

Yesterday went for a walk on the moors. It’s years since I did it they say muscles have memories but mine can’t remember the hills… I did a walk I used to do with my dad do it was quite emotional. ..

We have been shopping this morning and now this afternoon I have to ‘re clean the carpet again….

Have a good day everybody

Audrey

Hi all.Sadly I fell off the wagon yet again.Stopped checking the scales.Was doing OK for all of 2weeks. At my daughters meantime minding my Grandson. SO

Thank you Patty. Managed to walk up the hill this morning with the dog. Hard going but I did it. Had a very busy day at work today doing something for a difficult partner. Not something I usually do but the stress was who I was doing it for. This idea of working well past 60 is pants as far as I am concerned! I would have only had a month to go back in the good old days but now have another six years to wait for my pension.
    Haven’t had a complete fast day today but better than normal.
    I was reading that many foods contain compounds etc that are the same as being on ecstasy for instance. Chocolate being one. No wonder we are addicted.
    Going for a swim now. It’s not a very energetic swim but keeps me supple.
    Dog has just spotted a dog and is dying to be let out.
    Good fasting everyone.
    Topsy

Audrey, I wish I could say I’m on my way but would you believe I don’t even have a passport! I need to get one soon. Here in the US we can’t even go into Canada without one now. We used to be able to do so without one but times have changed. As soon as I get a passport I want to visit UK and Australia.

Dennis just retired and is now home all the time. Fortunately for both of us I’m doing a lot of substituting! We tend to get in one another’s way when home together for days in a row. 😉 His last day was this past Friday. They gave him a lifetime fishing license as a retirement gift. Definitely something he’ll put to good use! He’s going to start a small business for himself, pouring concrete. He already has several jobs lined up. If the snow ever stops!

I’ve been pushing myself hard at the gym. Yesterday I did some lifting, rowed 1000+ meters, and was on the treadmill for 15 minutes. I walked at 4mph for 1 1/2 minutes, then jogged at 5mph for 1 1/2 min. I went back and forth like that til the end then I jogged for 3 minutes. It was tough but I kept at it. I’m bound and determined to get to my bridal weight by my anniversary in August of 2017. Or this year if possible. (44 lbs to go to get to 128).

Have a great day everyone. Off to another day of substituting. Patty

Morning all

I am off home later ready for a good rest mum has kept me very busy….

Weigh in tomorrow not sure how it will go have not been exactly good but have been busy will let you know….

Have a great day everybody

Audrey

Good morning, all. Weighed in at 124.0 this am. There’s a spring in my step! One week to go to 30th anniversary. 123 is doable. We’re off to Mexico for an anniversary celebration on the 19th.

My colleague who started 5:2 on Monday is just grinning. She’s lost 1.5 pounds but far more important is the realization that “I can do this! I can LIVE this way!” Nice to have a buddy on my work floor.

Hi. I’m 61 yr’s and on HRT. I felt the weight creep on after the menopause. Been doing the fast diet for several months now and have lost 30 lbs but it has been up and down. Some weeks 1 or 2 lbs then nothing for a couple of weeks. I’ve actually gained some weeks to my horror. I’ve kept it up and the weight has mostly dropped off my waist area and a little off my over generous hips. There is no doubt its harder in our position but do feel better than I did so its working for me. Keep it up, its worth it.

K-Lo!
    BIG CONGRATS!!
    I was really considering to give up for today, but after reading about your success – no way!
    My goal is 120, and now I am 148 (down from 163). Still long way to go.
    Thank you for your post. Are your sticking around for maintenance?
    Tell me more: How often did you fast per week? Water or up to 500? Special diet on non-fasting day?

Coldpizza, congrats on my weight or 30 years of marriage??? LOL!

I still have 6 pounds to go to my end goal of 118 (5′ 1″) but I started at 130, so it hasn’t been that long a trip. I will stick around for maintenance…when I get there.

I have been following 5:2, and definitely 500-600 on FD. On non Fast days, I do not count calories, but I am cautious and find myself a lot less hungry anyway.

K-Lo,
    On both! I will be celebrating my 30 years in 3 years. Hopefully by that time I will get to my goal of 120 lb and stick to it. 🙂
    Have a lovely anniversary! and many more anniversaries ahead!

Then we both chose exceedingly well. 🙂

Oh ladies, I have been swamped with work (all good, no complaints!), and just unable to logon and participate in the conversation for some days! I hope you will allow me to sneak back in! It was so great to read how everyone is doing and seeing some new friends joining in!

Patty!! I am so inspired by your work-out… I find I get a little lazy and just do the walking and I know I need to do more – good for you!

K-Lo – I’m so excited for you – Mexico will be so happy to see the 123 pound (or less?) you! BTW, the comment last week about not coming out of your bra really resonated. I don’t always lose the ounces I’m looking/hoping for, but it’s little things like the bra no longer being so tight, I squish out the tops. Thanks for the reminder! I have also been feeling less hungry on non-fast days, and I love that! (I laughed when I read about others finishing your plate, I’m getting to that place, and I like it!)

Cinque – I noticed when I read through the foods on your post fast day that even when you are not fasting you are still eating so well (healthily)! I love how that happens, like you have really lost the desire to fill up on cakes or sweets.

Cecile – a bit of dark chocolate while in front of the tv at night is SO hard to resist (it’s a bad habit, I know) and I just have to tell myself, “You can have it tomorrow!”

Capersmum – I’m with you on the 1-2 pound loss a week or sometimes nothing. I try not to be discouraged when I go a few weeks without loss because I can tell my clothes are fitting more loosely and my energy is so good. It’s a motivater (even if it’s not reflected on the scale)

Anaide – I agree with you about how tough it is to control the calories when someone else is the cook! I have found that when I eat out, I always have a big (largely) green salad without too much dressing, and/or whatever soup is on the menu (especially vegetable soups) [ Google translate: Concordo com você sobre o quão difícil é controlar as calorias quando alguém é o cozinheiro! Eu descobri que quando eu comer fora, eu sempre tenho um grande salada verde sem demasiado aceite, e / ou qualquer sopa é no menu (sopas vegetais especialmente) ]

Caroline64 – I loved your comment earlier about being kind and considerate to one’s brain – that is so true. Our brains have a way of resisting what we think we most want. I also think that what you’ve written about why women need fewer calories after menopause makes a lot of sense.

I won’t weigh again until Saturday morning (after a week of faithful Mon-Wed-Fri fast days) but I’m feeling good, and my “fat jeans’ are loose! My sweetheart also commented that I am looking trimmer – that’s always so nice! I started at 186.4 – heading to 135 – currently around the 171 mark. I am trying not to hope too hard that I dip into the 160s by week’s end… we’ll see!

AND, I’m in a bit of a gentle competition with a friend with a fitbit, too – and last week I put in 94,000 steps! This week so far I’m at 53,000. If nothing else, I’m getting fitter, right?! LoL! Cheers all – and look! We’re more than half way through the work week now! <3 Rachel

Good morning

Another 1lb gone never to return…..

I am now just 15 lbs to my target of a healthy BMI …

I will have gone then from obese to healthy….I have already lost 23 lbs this includes the weight I ‘re gained last year….never doing that again….

I know when I get to my target I will still need to lose more but just to be in the healthy range will be something else won’t it….

I am back into my smaller clothes again now too….

Have a great day everybody great to see we are all doing well… if anyone wants to pop in lots of support and advice here for us ladies of a certain age….

Audrey

Hi everyone
    First – way to go Audrey – that’s splendid progress!
    Ok, haven’t posted here in an age. I’ve been yo yo-ing up and down 3 kilos since January – not doing very well – but now I really have to get my act together. I lost 11 kilos last year doing 5:2 with no problem and then went and put 4 back on for no good reason. How stupid is that?

I know how to do it – and it works just fine – I am just not doing it. I have a minimum of 10kilos to lose by July 16 (it’s the 60th and it’s being celebrated so really do want to get into something svelte!) and would like to lose another 5kilos after that.

I eat very well and healthily always have done luckily, don’t have a sweet tooth at all (yep, weird) and don’t even overeat much but after cancer and years of hormonal treatment etc., my metabolism is well – pathetic….

5:2 works like a dream, kick starts the metabolism and it’s really the way I should be living – but I live in France and we have too many cheese, wine and charcuterie temptations. It’s even good for helping to keep the cancer at bay so ladies, I need a regular kick up the backside please!

If I do it properly, I will lose about 1.5 kilos a week, sometimes a bit more, so my goal is feasible. Last year I lost the 11 kilos in less than 3 months.

I lost 1 kilo so far this week – but that may be it as I have a friend flying in for the weekend tomorrow.

I do read this thread regularly but I think posting may help me stay on track.

By the by – I have a little trampoline which I find really great for exercise – you only need to find 10 mins or so at a time, it’s aerobic and 10 mins is like a 25 ins traditional workout. And it’s fun! I do it to music. One of the cats loves to join in and the dog is still trying to figure it out…..hilarious.

It’s also good for anyone with lymphedema – gets everything moving.

Enjoy your day everyone
    Manonceres

Hi manoceres welcome back

Sounds like you are at the same place I was…. don’t panic, go back to day 1….stop looking back at what you have put back on… log your weight today and simply start again…. honestly it works…

I got soo upset by what I had regained but once I let it go and restarted with this way of life again the weight loss started…

I am sure you will manage to lose your weight by your 60th birthday… I like to say I was fit at 40, fat at 50 but I am going to be slim at 60 which gor me is next year…

Good luck, keep checking in we will give you support and encouragement. …

Audrey

Thanks Audrey – I did take heart from your experience. I have logged the weight and started again!
    Manonceres

You’re welcome manoceres I couldn’t have done this without the support of my 52 friends….,

Shout out if you need us, keep in touch good or bad it’s always better to share….

Audrey

Olá a todos, um bom jejum a quem está fazendo.
    Estou firme nos meus dias de jejum.
    Quando comecei a dois anos, não pensei que conseguiria me livrar do açúcar e do trigo, mas fui mais além, eliminei da minha alimentação todos os grãos, junto foi também os óleos vegetais ruins.
    Tenho uma alimentação hoje baseada em legumes e verduras frescas, ovos, gordura animal e algumas carnes.
    Como nada é perfeito…fiquei viciada na balança, me incomoda sentir necessidade de me pesar de manhã e à noite, vou me livrar disso também, heheheheheheh
    Espero não incomoda-las em ter que traduzir meus posts.
    Um grande Abraço! nós brasileiros somos especialistas em abraços!!!!!

Audrey! Only 15 pounds away is so close! And the shift from obese to healthy is really the incredible feat! You are very inspiring to those of us here who are at the beginning of our journeys – thank you!

Manoceres – welcome back! And I don’t think there is any room for stupid in those 4 kgs, I make up that they came back on as a nudge to get you back on 5:2 and back on track – I love the image of your dog trying to figure out the trampoline 😀 LoL!

Anaide – – I like that you Brazilians are experts in hugs! And yes, when I was studying about weight loss programs and psychology – one of the instructors said, “Imagine that all over the world every morning, MILLIONS of women are letting a little metal box on their bathroom floors dictate whether or not they are going to have a good day.” THAT is crazy! – and I agree with that, it’s crazy. {… Eu gosto que você são especialistas em abraços! E sim, quando eu estava estudando sobre os programas de perda de peso e psicologia – um dos instrutores disse: “Imagine que todo o mundo todos os dias, milhões de mulheres estão deixando uma caixa de metal pouco sobre seus pisos de banheiro ditar ou não eles vão para ter um bom dia. ” Isso é louco! – E eu concordo com isso, é uma loucura…. } I love the portuguese, so pretty!

I should have listened to my own advice and not weighed this morning but I did, and I am more than a pound up from last week… Blah… I’m not letting it geting down, but I am taking great care today (a non-fast day) and will tomorrow (a fast day). I’m hoping for a good number on Saturday morning!

Cheers all, Rachel

Hi everyone! It’s been a very busy week for me. I have today off until 3 this afternoon. I’ve substituted all week and had a meeting on Tuesday evening, a class at church on Wednesday evening, and a school function with granddaughter on Thursday evening! Lots of cleaning and yard work to catch up on. It’s finally looking like it’s going to be a normal spring day, no snow in sight. I might even hang the sheets outside on the line!

Had two very good fast days this week. I fast on Mondays and Thursdays and I am in awe of those of you who can manage to fast 3 days a week. I’ve tried and haven’t been successful. I have had a couple of successful 30 hour fasts and I like those a lot. This way of eating is so energizing really. Yesterday when I was subbing several of the teachers I used to work with remarked on how good I look. One lovely lady thought I was joking when I told her how much I’ve lost and how much I weigh now. She doesn’t think that I look like I weigh 172lbs. I guess I carry it well. Another side effect I’ve noticed with eating well and properly is that I have so little joint pain now. I used to have pain everywhere, feet, knees, back, neck, fingers. Now there’s just a little in one knee and I don’t think that’s arthritis but injury.

Rachel, good to hear you’re not letting the bad weigh-in get you down. You’ll get back on track quickly I’m sure.

Audrey, I, like you, have gone from fit to fat to obese to fat and am now on my way back to fit. It’s such a wonderful feeling to be on the right track for good. This support group is definitely encouraging! Couldn’t stay on track without all of you!

Have a great weekend everyone.

Patty

Hello All 🙃

Back from our week away in the caravan and I see lots of news to read back on. 😀

No weight loss to report but joy of joy no weight gain either 👍

I was a pig but enjoyed every minute, I had fish and chips not once but twice 👀 , no cakes or biscuits passed my lips but I did indulge my weakness for pies and pasties. I kept to my fast on Monday and yesterday and as breakfast is a meal I am happy to go without I only ate two meals a day. I made Tuesday a low calorie day but that was easy as I had a two egg ham and tomatoe omelet with salad for lunch and always find that omlets fill me up so much I can’t finish the whole meal I then was so full I only had a bowl of soup in the evening asi was still not really hungry.

Shirley

Well, I’m back alone in my little home. Bliss, bliss bliss. The little family are settling in their wonderful house. I’m minding Josie tomorrow for a couple of hours. So I won’t head over to Audrey’s mums place unless Doctor Who turns up in his TARDIS and can bring me back just after I leave. (I have no passport either!).

Lovely to read all the posts. Too tired to chime in on all the interesting subjects! I’m gradually getting back to being my normal chatterbox though! Watch out!

Best wishes to you all you lovely lot!

Good morning. It’s been a very busy few days. And quite stressful. My daughter’s family is getting ready for a move and we’ve been helping them with packing and taking care of the dogs when they have prospective buyers come look at their house. Lots of lookers but no buyers yet. It’s been hard keeping up with good eating and exercising daily with all the stress and running back and forth. And I’m substituting in the schools just about every day. On top of that I haven’t been sleeping well. Yesterday and today I woke up at 2:30ish and can’t get back to sleep. Just when things were going so well…..

I keep forgetting to ask the presenters in my nutrition class their thoughts on intermittent fasting. Next Tuesday is our last class. We’re each bringing in a nutritious dish to share. I’m trying to decide what to bring. Being that the presenters are vegetarians I plan on fixing a meatless dish, even though they said we didn’t have to do that. I have a recipe for a roasted brusselsprout/butternut squash dish that I love but since the squash isn’t in season I’m not sure that those in the supermarket will be tasty. Any suggestions? Something quick and easy since I’ll be working that morning and will prepare the dish at my sister’s afterwards.

Yesterday was Caroline’s 8th birthday and I made red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese icing, which she requested. I wasn’t going to have one but of course I did. Must say they’re pretty good. It was a lovely party. She and her friends had a great time playing together even though there’s a hint of sadness about the big move coming up. It’s a great little neighborhood with kids freely running house to house playing, riding bikes, skating. Their new house has no near neighbors. That’s going to be a tough adjustment. But it has a tree fort and a chicken coop. The girls are looking forward to playing pirates and raising chickens. 🐔 🐔 🐣 🐥

Today’s a fast day for me. I’m determined to get back in the swing of things. Anther day of substituting so I’ll be busy. Have a good day everyone.

Patty

Hi Patty, my heart goes out to you. It is so hard to have that closeness moving away. Hooray for skype, and that you have had the time to build strong relationships that will be easy to keep alive.

I’ve been struggling the last week, fell in a heap because I could, but also I had been creeping into bad habits eating more fruit and refined carbs than are good for me, and so I am working hard to get back into the diet that suits me. Very grateful for my fast days that help put me right.

And now I have some usgent papaerwork to do, so wish me luck!

But first I am going shopping with my friend for some lovely food. I am buying things to make the Cuban black bean soup Chubster put on the Pulse Recipe Thread, and spinach and mushrooms to make a big lasagne.

I fasted yesterday, and very nice it was too!

How are all you guys going? I hope life is being kind to you and that today is a good one! (Although RIP Prince).

Cinque, is the pulse recipe thread under the banner of active topics? I’ve looked for it but can’t find it. Is it actually called the pulse recipe thread? If not, I did find a recipe thread that looks promising.

Sorry to hear that you didn’t have been slipping a little bit. I had a good fast day but I also had a bit too much fruit. I managed to stay under 500 calories for the day though. The fast day was successful because I worked then took care of Caroline and Sylvie after school. There’s not much time for eating with a day like that. The girls had piano lessons but Sylvie was feverish so she missed. My sister planned on having us over for supper but only took Caroline since Sylvie was sick. That was good for me. I took her home and cuddled with her til her daddy came home and took over. If we’d gone for supper I’m sure I’d have broken my fast. And am disappointed to say that I now have a low grade fever. I must have caught what Sylvie has. But I’m going to bed early and am sure I’ll be well by morning. We have a huge weekend coming up and I can’t afford to be sick for any of it.

Have a great weekend all.

Patty.

I hope you get off lightly Patty!
    And nice that you are spending time with the girls (unless you get really sick!).
    This is the thread I was talking about: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/beans-and-lentils-recipes-tips-and-information/

I bought my first ever ham hock for the soup!

Morning All

Hope you feel better soon Patty 💐

Hi cinque hope you got the paperwork sorted and your shopping trip was a successful one. 🛍

Weight in day for me today and I’ve lost two pounds, I now only have 9 more to go till I reach my goal weight.😀 my waist still needs to shrink another 2 inches before it’s less than my height hopefully that will happen soon.

Shirley

Good morning, it s a cold, crisp, sunny Sunday morning in the middle of a long weekend, because we have our ANZAC day holiday tomorrow.

I had an excellent shopping trip, but I am still trying to get the minutes written and another important paperwork job done. Also I have had a really bad run cooking. Everything lately has been disappointing (my fault, I haven’t got my cooking mojo). The one yesterday mightn’t have been my fault. First time cooking a ham hock with beans for a Cuban Black Bean soup. Horrible. I think I am not a ham hock girl. It all went into the compost.
    I am making beef, spinach and mushroom lasagne today, and that better work out!
    Fasting today, so I might stretch it out til tomorrow, it would be nice to eat it straight from the oven…. unless it is a failure too! I made the meat sauce yesterday though, and it is yummy.

Congrats on that loss Shirley, your waist will be shrinking!

How are you feeling Patty?

Cheers to you Audrey!
    And to everyone else of a certain age!
    (Mind you, they were talking about the tragedy of Prince dying while he was still a young man. He was only one year younger than me! I had better go and join the young women’s thread!)

Hello all! We had a hectic weekend. Lots of sickness but everyone’s on the mend. Sylvie had been sick on Thursday. On Saturday Caroline was sick. Her fever was up to 103. She had a very special day on Sunday to get ready for, her first Communion at church. She made it through all right but on the way home we had to stop because she was sick. When we got home she went right to bed, despite having a house full of guests and a party going on. She woke up, opened gifts, went back to bed. Poor thing. When she woke up again, early evening, she felt better. But then Sylvie got sick again. Today I didn’t feel all that great but I substituted in a Kindergarten classroom and I fasted all day. I think the fasting was my saving grace.

We’ve had gorgeous weather lately and I’ve been starting to get busy in the yard. It feels so good to be out there working. We still have frosty mornings but it’s usually warm enough to go out without a jacket in the afternoons. I love it!

Cinque, thanks for the link to the beans and lentil recipes. I’ll give them a try. Also looked up information on your ANZAC day. Some history I had never heard about. Very interesting.

Have a great week everyone. Hope all of you have successful fast days and very happy days all around!

Patty

Hi Patty and everyone,
    If you are still out there!
    I have had a busy exhausting time, but I think I am back on an even keel. Luckily my fast days have been going on as usual, and I am fasting today.

Patty, I hope everyone is better!
    And I hope you find some good recipes in the pulses thread. Sad to say I tried one and didn’t like it. Not the pulses fault, but it turns out I don’t like hamhock.

I hope the weather is still gorgeous. It is cold and blustery here today, but we have had lovely Autumn weather up until today. Time to get dressed, so I had better go and find a snuggly outfit.

Best wishes to you all whether you are having a fast day like me, or a lovely normal eating day!

Morning all

I am still here, just very busy….

Doing alternate day fasting for 6 weeks am on week 2 to aid my weight loss.

I have now only 15 lbs left to get to a healthy bmi!

Good luck everyone

Audrey

Hi Audrey, you have gathered speed and gone hurtling down the home stretch! All power to you!

I’m having my chicken and veggie miso soup at the end of Fast Day. So good!

Hi I am peri- menopausal also and am on week 5. I have been disappointed up to this last week but have noticed that my stomach is flatter now and am feeling better in myself. Think the last week was trying as it was the end of the month and I felt yuk. I think just keep going and see if you feel better I really did not eat much each day before I started this change I should of been like a sz 8 as I ate like a sparrow so I have no problem doing the two fasting days. My problem was getting to eat more on the 5 days on. I nearly gave up last week but glad I choose to stick it out. Think sometimes it helps just to put how you feel down as someone will respond and help you with encouragement. Jane 🙂

Good morning from the rainy Big Apple. A smaller 60 year old reporting in. The bras now fit. 8 pounds down. Another 4-5 to go.

Viewing 50 posts - 6,601 through 6,650 (of 7,330 total)

You must be logged in to reply.