HELP! All ladies of a 'certain age'-please respond

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
HELP! All ladies of a 'certain age'-please respond

This topic contains 7,289 replies, has 660 voices, and was last updated by  Opal Shine 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 6,201 through 6,250 (of 7,330 total)

• Hi Cinque,

Yes my fast is over….. I am in bed preparing myself for the girls visit tomorrow. ….

Isn’t it great that we now feel more in charge of food. .. I know I am having pasta bake tomorrow with the girls, but I will count every calorie and enjoy every mouthful knowing I am not going to go wild as I used to. I used to make trifles or sponge puddings etc for deserts now I give them sugar free jelly or fat free yogurt with fruit… I am fast getting into the eat to live mode rather than live to eat….

Have a great day. ..

Audrey

Morning ladies,

Just a quick post before I work out and the girls arrive.

I had a very successful day yesterday and the scales are looking good for Tuesday weigh in.

Hope you all are having a great day

Audrey

Hi Audrey, hope you woke up feeling great after your fast days.
    Tuesday weigh in will be fun!

Best wishes for a great day with the girls, and let us know if the biscuits managed to go home with them!

I’ve just finished my fast day…. that is, I have had my chicken and miso soup, so that is it (apart from a cuppa maybe) and I will look forward to breakfast tomorrow.

Morning ladies,

I had a very busy but good day yesterday, managed to keep my calories low. Made biscuits with girls and sent the bulk of them home with them!

It’s looking good for tomorrow’s weigh in

Keep in touch together we are stronger how are you all doing?

Audrey

morning everyone

so I am 50+ very menapausal and about 20lbs over weight
    I never had any weight issues until i hit the menapause then in the course of 6 months gained this extra weight and it doesnt seem to want to shift ……
    I’ve been doing 5.2 for 6 weeks and only lost 1.5lbs …very disappointed -I exercise 3 times a week …..lead a moderately active lifestyle – on a fast day I usually just have a cuppa in the morning and then have my calories at tea time……

any words of wisdom or suggestions please to get this going

thanks

Juedrop

What are you eating on your non fast days? I usually stick to 1200 -1400 kcals because when I reach my target weight which is still 25 lbs away I will need to eat this to maintain!

I am only asking because I know there is a myth that some people think they can eat anything on non fast days.

Audrey

Hello hello,
    Congratulations Audrey! A good day, and the bulk of the biscuits gone. Yay!

Welcome Juedrop,
    Sometimes the scales just do your head in. How are you feeling in yourself? Are your clothes getting any looser?

PS Hasn’t menopause got a lot to answer for!!!

Hi all

My elder daughter came for a weekend from Uni. So that was fun. Her birthday falls this week and since she cant come this weekend, we decided to have a meal out on saturday. Chiquito – the mexican restaurant in Preston. It was great. 3 course with a great pudding as well. I was scared to get on the scales this morning, especally because I tend to treat myself on non fast days with biscuits or cakes. Any way weight seems to come down slowly.

Hi Audrey, I wish I could taste your biscuits. I am not good at baking. I can cook – mexican, italian, indian and I have tried greek dishes as well. But when it comes to baking, I am not very good. I am reading Joanne Fluke – Chocilate chip cookie murder – thge story is woven around Hannah who runs a cookie shop. And there are lots of recepies in the book. You might enjoy it. And I am more than happy to be your official taster.

Hi Cinque and Patty, hope you are doing well.

Welcome Juedrop, this is a very supportive group. As Cinque said, you need to see whether your shape is changing, because scales might not show any change, even when your body is changing.

Today is my fast day and I am hoping to limit to 500 cals.

Have a great day ladies.

Beena

Morning Beena

My mum bought me a kenwood chef for Christmas 2 years ago I think this has been the cause of some of my weight gain! i absolutely love baking, cakes, cookies, bread. … unfortunately I love eating them too!

We have a chiQuito in crewe so may give it a go the next time one of the daughters come home.

I am glad the weight is coming down, you have worked hard…. I am weighing in tomorrow hoping for a good loss. ..

I made the girls take the bulk of the biscuits home this time so not there to temp me….

Have a great day

Audrey

Good morning all. Welcome to Rose and Dizzy. It’s Monday morning here in Pennsylvania, USA. It’s a fast day for me and I am so ready for it. We had a lovely weekend even though we weren’t able to travel to see our son’s family. Saturday was beautiful, sunny, and not too cold. I took my granddaughters to the park to play then to the library. On Sunday things took a turn for the worse. While playing with the little girls one of them accidentally poked me in the eye. Ow. I went into the kitchen to tell my daughter that it had happened and that it hurt pretty bad. She took one look at me and just about passed out. My eye was bleeding inside! We went to the emergency room at the hospital to have a look. Nothing too serious as there was no visible tear and my cornea was not involved. But it looks so horrid and still hurts. The entire white of my eye is now blood red. I don’t dare go anywhere today because it looks so horrid. I can go for a walk on the trail but won’t do much working out other than that.

On a happier note, I did eat very well this weekend, no junk food or eating between meals. My sister fixed a delicious vegetable soup yesterday for lunch. And today is a fast day. Like you, Cinque, I find it easier to eat right on non-fast days and am enjoying the fast days. I haven’t tried the liquid only fasts yet, like Audrey, but I’m considering it. MyTDEE is 1800.

Again, welcome to Rose and Dizzy. I hope you enjoy your experience. This group of ladies is the best! Glad you found us.

Cinque, so glad to hear you’ll be seeing your granddaughter soon! Will they stay long?

Have a great week everyone! Patty

Oh patty

What an awful thing to happen, to you and your granddaughter who I bet is really sad that she hurt her grandma.

I do hope you get better soon, let’s hope it stops hurting soon, did they give you any drops to put in? If not you could try bathing it in salt water it is very good for sore eyes….

Glad you managed a good weekend food wise, enjoy your fast day and take care.

Audrey

Oh dear Patty! My sister had that red eye once. Make sure you get a photo so you can tease your granddaughter forever. I hope it heals quickly.

Beena, that meal out sounds wonderful! Best wishes for your fast today! I hope it is going well.

Audrey your kenwood chef would be so wonderful! How tricky to balance all those delicious goodies, with eating sensibly! Enjoy your weighing tomorrow.

Bedtime here. Good night. 🌙💫🌟🌌🛌

Hello again, and welcome to Juedrop. I had a big loss the first couple of weeks according to the scales but then it tapered off. Not sure now as I lent my scales to my sister for a while. But my clothes are looser and I have been feeling so good! I try to eat less on non-fast days and am eating more healthful foods every day. My hubby is a junk food king and we always have sweets in the house.

Cinque, having a photo of my eye is a great idea. I did, in fact, take a picture to keep track of the improvement or worsening as the case may be. I’ll save it for when Caroline’s not so upset about it. It looks horrible but it’s not actually worse. My niece is a doctor and she said not to worry about it unless my vision is effected. So far so good.

I have a question for you all. Might sound odd, but have you noticed any changes in your bowel evacuation since starting the fast diet? I don’t seem to go very often now, 3 times a week at the most. I feel fine but am curious as to whether or not this is common.

I prefer Audrey’s conversations about sweets to the above topic. I love cooking and baking. I’ll be making a couple of desserts this week for various gatherings and am looking forward to that. I might make another cheesecake, my favorite. Audrey, have you made cheesecake? I looked up kenwood chef since I was unfamiliar with that. It looks wonderful. Someday……

Have a great day all! Patty

Hi Everyone,

Cassandra, your post strikes me as very strange. You have posted exactly the same message on a whole lot of threads (I counted nine) and your whole aim seems to be to sell that kindle book (or kindle unlimited). Please come back and let me know I am mistaken.

Hi Patty, my sisters eye got better with no repercussions, I hope yours does too.

I think with eating less, my bowel movements are less too.

Ooo I miss cheesecake. I love the ricotta cheesecake, like this: http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/29555/best+ever+baked+ricotta+cheesecake rather than the ones that use all cream cheese.

Cheers to all

Oh my goodness Cinque, that recipe sounds delicious. I just might try it this week. I have a question or two. It seems we have different terms for some ingredients. What is caster sugar? And icing sugar mixture? I looked up some Americanized recipes with ricotta cheese but none seemed like the one you shared. I couldn’t find any with a top crust. I’ll keep looking and give it a try.

My eye feels a little worse today, it’s now 8:00 p.m. on Monday. When I went into town today I wore my sunglasses in stores so I wouldn’t give people the creeps with my zombie eye. Tomorrow I’d planned on having brunch with some friends and I warned them it wasn’t going to be pleasant. They insisted I join them anyway and that I could wear sunglasses if it made me feel better. I hope it feels and looks better tomorrow. It’s already Tuesday for you, Cinque.

Happy fasting! Patty

Hi Patty,
    sorry to hear your eye is worse. Fingers crossed it starts feeling better.

Caster sugar is finer than the usual granulated sugar, and it is great in cooking because it dissolves more easily. Google says it is not quite as fine as your ‘superfine granulated’ sugar. I have made it, when I ran out, by putting normal sugar in the blender and whizzing it until it is a bit finer. But I bet normal sugar would work fine, or the superfine granulated.

Icing sugar mixture is icing sugar (‘powdered sugar’ or ‘confectioners sugar’)with a bit of added cornflour (about 3%) to keep it dry and free flowing. I think I would leave that out, my usual recipe hasn’t got it. But confectioners sugar (or whatever you call it) would be fine.

Even though it looks like it has pastry on top, it is just the crust formed by the ricotta mixture as it bakes. Mmm it is so yummy.

There are lots of recipes for baked ricotta cheesecakes, with varying proportions of ricotta, eggs, sugar, and cream or cream cheese. Some incorporate sultanas, or candied citrus, or fruits on top. There are all different pastry shells, or you can make it without pastry, just buttering the dish and sprinkling it with semolina flour.
    I haven’t tried that particular recipe, but it does look a good one.

Morning all,

Just a quick post, sorry have to rush got to pick up sick granddaughter been on scales down 2.5 lb…..

Have a good day

Audrey

Congratulations Audrey more than a kilo!
    Hope granddaughter is ok.

Hi Pat, Your eye injury sounds horrible, hope you will get better soon. I am sure the lunch with your friends will definitely help you.

Audrey, great news on your weight loss. Hope your grand daughter gets better soon.

Cinque, All these recepies are making me hungry. I am thinking off nipping out for a danish pastry.

Have a great day

Beena

Yes Beena! Enough of that talk! It is fast day here!

Best wishes to you, I hope you are having a good day.

Morning all,

Still babysitting here….. Ian has ordered a treadmill for me, he is worried that if I go out to walk and my back goes into spasm I will be unable to get home safely, so this way I can exercise and stay safe….

Hope everybody is ok, sorry for quick post again, will post more when I am able to, be good to yourselves fast or non fast.

Audrey

Hi all

Audrey, that is quite nice of Ian. I have a treadmill because of my reynauds, but i get so bored, running in that enclosed space, so as soon as the temperature goes above 5 I get outside. But I can definitely understand Ian’s concern.

My second fasting day of the week. I only had 2 cups of tea and lots of water. I even went for a good 30 min run at noon. I am planning to take a trip to subways for a sandwich which is less than 400 cal for my tea..

Have a great day/night ladies

Beena

Hello all, Cinque, I didn’t make the ricotta cheesecake but I was able to find so many variations that it should be no problem at all to come up with one I’d like to try. Thanks for the info on the sugar questions. So for today’s church dinner I made a dolce la leche cheesecake. It’s my first attempt. It looks good, I hope it tastes as good as it looks. I found several variations of this one as well and used a combination to make one I thought would be good.

Congrats on the weight loss Audrey! And I’m jealous that you have a treadmill. A new shop opened in town here that sells exercise equipment so I went looking. I’d like a rowing machine. They’re pretty expensive and really take up too much room for my little house. I already have a stationary bike and don’t use it very often. Today I went to the fitness center with another of my sisters. She’d been gone since Christmas and just came home yesterday. It was a good workout but I may have overdone it since my eye was starting to ache. We did some heavy lifting along with the treadmill, rowing machine, and elliptical. Shouldn’t have lifted.

My oldest sister finally returned my scale that she’d borrowed so I was able to weigh myself. I’ve lost 15.4 lbs since I started! And about 5″ around my waist. People have been commenting that I look like I’ve lost and now I can see for myself. I’m able to do a weekly weigh-in now. That should keep me motivated.

Yesterday was a non-fast day and I did horribly. But we all have those days. It was almost as if I couldn’t stop eating. Just gobbled everything in sight. Tomorrow is another fast day so that’s something to look forward to.

Audrey, I hope your granddaughter is feeling better. It’s good that you’re available to babysit.

People have been very kind about my zombie eye, saying it doesn’t really look that bad. But it does. Because I have brown eyes and the white is completely dark red, it looks like a black hole where my eyeball should be. Someone even went so far to say she didn’t even notice it. hahaha. I’ve great kind friends. We’ll see at the church dinner tonight.

Have a great day everyone. Patty

Yippee

The treadmill is here, I have been on and walked half a mile, that’s wonderful for me I am so pleased.

And I am now childless she is going to her nan’s house tomorrow. … thank goodness. …

Beena good luck with the fast day, hope it’s going well.

Patty hope your eye is better soon, what nice friends you have got to not mention it, and how great to be losing weight well done you must feel great. 15 lbs is a fantastic amount. You will be the next one of us buying a wardrobe full of new clothes. ..

Cinque, hope you have a lovely day, thank you for your support and friendship it means a lot, don’t think I have tokd you that before.

Well I am off now, we are having a quiet evening in without a clingy child. … bliss

Audrey

Thanks Audrey, how lovely of you.
    I am glad you are getting that real rest after someone needy has safely gone off to some else!.
    The treadmill is a great idea. Do you watch tv or something while you are walking?

Cheers for your fast day Beena! And for your midday run. What a good day!

Patty, wow, excellent loss! 15lb is a lot not to have to carry around with you all the time!
    I know those munchy days! If today isn’t a good one, I bet tomorrow’s fast day will break the feedback loop (or whatever it is) and you will be able to get back to normal eating. That is how it has happened for me.
    I can’t see how your cheesecake will be anything but delicious!
    You can think of your zombie eye as a public service event! Giving everyone something amazing to talk about!
    I can imagine the lifting would have increased the pressure in it, poor thing. I hope it has settled now.

I’m just having a very welcome breakfast after my fast day yesterday, and then I’ll catch up with my sister for a planning session, and later on we will eat out with another sister who is visiting from Swan Hill (about 6 hours from Melbourne). That will be a treat.

Good morning to all of you! Today’s a fast day for me and it’s so needed. I was down in the dumps about overeating on Tuesday but the scale and the tape measure cheered me up considerably. It feels so good to be successful. This is the lowest weight since the early 90s when I first began gaining weight.

My dolce la leche cheesecake was a huge success. And my zombie eye was a fun topic of discussion at our table. It didn’t seem to diminish anyone’s appetite either.

Cinque, what fun to have a meal out with your sisters. I have 3 sisters and we try to get together often. They are, without question, my favorite friends.

Audrey, how far have you walked on your treadmill so far? Lucky you.

Beena, I envy you being able to run. I’ve tried but my knees just can’t take it. Maybe once I lose a few more lbs it’ll be easier. Right now I’ll stick to walking.

So, it’s not only a fast day but a cleaning day as well. So I best get to it. A floor can’t mop itself. Have a great day! Patty

Hi ladies

Sorry I have not been in touch. Things have been a bit hectic round here.

I have been on the treadmill and I am doing ok…I have managed to get over a mile without it hurting my back…

Ian is back at work now so I can get into some serious fasting and exercise…

Hope you are all ok

Audrey

Good morning I am sitting having toast and coffee while my young visitor is playing Wizard 101 on the computer. Soon we are going to the movies. His name is Arlo, so of course we are going to see ‘Arlo the good dinosaur’. He is just here until this afternoon.
    Yes I am in a social whirl.
    You are right about the delight of sisters. The four of us have become closer and closer, after our rather awful childhood. It is one of the very most precious things that has happened.

Audrey I hope things settle down your end. How wonderful the treadmill is working so well! And, hopefully, as you build up time on it, your back will also be strengthened.
    I’m glad it is a time for fasting and fitness after the wonderful chaos of the Christmas season.

Patty, what a great event you had. And isn’t it great with 5:2, that if you accept it for long term, then it follows that you fit it into your life full of ups and downs and munchy days, and social days and confusing days, along with the excellent fasts and changing behaviours, that will win out in the end!

It gives me such a nice feeling to know I’m on the winning side.

I wish I could run too, Beena! Years ago I would run every morning along the old Puffing Billy track through the rainforest. Yes it was every bit as gorgeous as it sounds.

Best wishes everyone. 🐉🐉🐉🐉

Morning all,

Fast day today for me, must say after all the food I have eaten I am looking forward to it. I never thought I would look forward to a fast but as time as gone by it gets easier and easier to do.

Hope you are all doing ok,

Patty hope that eye is getting better!

Beena wish I could run, I just thud along walking….

Cinque, hope you have had a great day, with your visitor..

Audrey

Hello everyone, I have been reading some of the posts which have been very useful so thank you. I am a complete newbie, only two weeks in, age 52, on the cusp of menopause, work 5 days a week in a demanding job which is mostly sedentary and power walk around 10k every Sat morning (my back is shot so it can’t take the impact of running). I, like so many of you, have lost 3-4lbs already in these first couple of weeks so feel encouraged but what I’m unclear about is what is considered ‘normal’ eating for the other five days? 1200 calories, 1500? Eating as a family is really important for us and I want to inflict my ‘diet’ on the rest of the family as little as possible as it the main thing I truly loathe about other types of dieting. With two fast growing teenagers it would be good to know how others manage their normal days particularly at the weekends? Looking forward to hearing from you.

Hi Belle and welcome,

Well done on your loss you have done really well.

I haven’t cut anything out of my diet, but I do calorie count and I make sure I stay under my TDEE mine is 1400 but I try to stay between 1200 and 1300…. this is mainly because when I reach my target weight this is the amount I will be allowed to maintain my weight. Over Christmas I did try to fast 2 days a week and eat what I fancied on the other days but I did put 10 lb on!

Hope this helps, no doubt some of the other ladies will give you their opinions soon.

Stick with it, and shout if you need any help, once again welcome. .

Audrey

Belle, have a look at what your TDEE is(under resources, then BMI calculator) that gives you a figure to aim for on non fast days(NFD). That figure includes any exercise that you take, so don’t add in any extra food for calories earned. I am a runner(very slow) when it is sunny and dry and it is suggested that there is only 100 calories burned for every mile, so although exercise is great for fitness, you will only shrink by consuming less calories. I have 4 sons 19-26 who live at home and I have been cooking for them and me for 3 years on a FD. I rarely have a FD over the weekend. It is easier for me to do 2 midweek days. You could do a stew with lots of vegetables and then rice/potatoes for the others, or simply save your total calories for an evening meal with the family(cutting out the carbs). I usually eat earlier and have different foods on a FD as I cook for them, I find that I eat fish/prawns etc(which I like but they don’t) then I am full when I cook them chilli(which I don’t like anyway. There are lots of recipes which you could do for a family meal to share, but that you would not have the carbs.

There are also Jamie oliver recipes online that give the calorie count and which you could enjoy (some of the pasta dishes) as a family, but the rest of the day would be meagre. It is all trial and error to see what works.

Hi, I am 59 and have completed week two, which I am finding quite enjoyable. The first week I lost 2ks, this week I lost 300grams. I walk most days and have purchased the Fast Exercise book, I will follow the suggestions and fingers crossed will lose the 25k`s I need to be healthy and in the correct weight range. I am heading off to New Zealand for a wedding this week and have to say feeling quite concerned about how I will go.I will do both fast days before I leave but its the non fast days that have me worried. Does anyone have suggestion on how they manage while on holidays, we are also going on a cruise in July and I am trying not to worry too much about that “yet”

Hello everyone,
    I had a lovely day with young Arlo, thanks Audrey. The movie was great and we worked on a jigsaw too, and lots of computer games.
    Now for a lovely quiet day. It is fast day too. Bliss.
    And I will try to finish the jigsaw!

Hi Belle, I understand exactly what you say. You don’t want your family growing up stressed about food and running off to eat junk elsewhere because food at home is so meagre. Oh dear, it is like everything else with parenting: a tricky balance!

The whole thing of eating normally on non fast days is also THE BIG TRICK! I’m not counting calories, but I am concentrating on learning how to eat normally. My poor brain needs a lot of retraining! Luckily it is doing most of the work itself, but I notice what I am eating, and how I am eating, and think about what is appropriate. I’ve been fasting for 6 months and my portion sizes have become smaller, my tastes have changed, I snack much, much less.
    I’m really hoping that when I reach my healthy weight, I will find it fairly straightforward to stay there.

Isn’t Jamie Oliver a great resource Annette!

Best wishes everyone!

I love Jamie, the recipes work, are not complicated and are not expensive.
    I have been trawling through my cookery books, trying to find dishes that everyone likes, that are simple to prep and don’t take ages to cook. I now have an increasing range of dishes, which is a joy as I was very bored.

Morning all,

Welcome to island cheer, I am sure you will manage your time away, do your fast days before you go, eat sensibly and avoid the alcohol or go for low calorie drinks. …

I too like Jamie, I have also changed quite a few of my old recipes for Lowe calorie versions, and as I used to do slimming world, I still make some of theirs…

Another good day of exercise for me, in the hope of losing a pound this week….

Have a great sunday everyone

Audrey

Hello ladies, thank you for you prompt responses, much appreciated. Still finding my way around so thank you for pointing me in the direction of the Resources page. Have now punched in my numbers and have a much clearer picture of what calorie intake I should be aiming for on normal days. I am very lucky in that my husband is the cook in the house and he’s a big fan of Jamie so we have many of his cook books. I think what I like so far about the 5:2 is it’s intelligent and honest. Will check in again and let you know how I’m getting on. I have half term coming up and we’re away with the family so this will be my first real test of how I maintain my fast days whilst on holiday as I find it really easy to do when I’m at work.

Belle,

I am looking forward to half term too. I am just going away for a few days and will aim to be mindful of what I am consuming, but trying to balance that with having a lovely time. I have found that I choose healthier foods now, which makes it easier as well. I have found that the difference between my TDEE for my actual weight and my goal is only 200 calories a day.

The 5:2 must be a complete headache for the multi-billion pound diet industry. How galling that people can learn to eat good food in smaller portions, not making them any money or repeat custom. Then of course, the food industry that is urging us to snack on all of those sugar filled creations that can also be avoided when sugar is reduced in our daily diet. It must be a complete nightmare for them. Hurray!

Ooh, hello Island Cheer! Your post must have come in as I was writing mine this morning! Luckily Audrey said hello, or I would have missed your post.

Re managing the NON fast days. Can you make some sensible rules for yourself? Perhaps: wait three hours after eating, before you eat again (if you go to a cafe, just have a drink).
    Just one plateful for meals.
    At the wedding feast: just be fussy. Eat only the very best things that you absolutely love.
    Don’t eat after 8:30 pm?
    Cut out those wicked drinks? 😉

I would need to work out how I can make the best choices for my health, while still making myself feel I am having a wonderful adventure. Luckily there is more to adventures than food, and when it comes to food I am enjoying becoming an enormous snob. Eat quality, and savour every mouthful!

That might not be your style, but keep thinking and planning and I am sure you will work out some good tricks.

Audrey, yay for another day of good exercise! It must feel great!

Belle you have hit the nail on the head! 5:2 is intelligent and honest. Such good qualities.

And Annette, what a pleasure it is to be a thorn in the side of the diet industry!

I’ve just finished a really nice fast day. Happiness!

Btw, welcome to the Year of the Monkey! That should have us all scampering around!

Hello all, welcome to Belle and Island Cheer! I’ve had a busy weekend and no time online. But I’ve been doing a little better with the non-fasting days. Dennis went to our son’s this weekend. It had been put off the last two weekends because of weather and illness. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to go with him this weekend because of prior commitments. I don’t mind being alone but I do tend to snack way too much. Tomorrow (Monday) is a fast day so that’ll help.

I find that planning ahead is the only way to stay on track during a visit or a holiday. It’s not always easy but it helps. So much of our social lives revolve around eating and drinking. Have a little something on your plate so you can nibble but nibble slowly so that there’s no reason to go back for seconds.

I have also found that being on the fast diet I’m eating more nutrient-dense foods on the non-fasting days as well as the fasting days. I also crave sweets far less often than I used to. And I’m satisfied with eating less food. It’s a great way of eating. I was telling a friend the other day that I feel so good these days now that I’m eating better. She asked if I’d felt horrible before starting this and I had to answer no, but I definitely feel better now. More energy, better mood.

It’s Sunday night here, just about bedtime so it’s about time to wake up for some of you. Have a great week everyone. Patty

Good morning from cheshire, it’s a very wet and windy day here…

Fast day today for me, I have not been as good this week so I am badly in need of it!

I hope the rest of you are all doing ok, I find it easier on the fast days rather than the non fast ones. at one stage I wasn’t eating enough and I think that stopped me losing, now I am trying to eat up to my TDEE to see if this helps…

Keep in touch ladies

Audrey

Hello hello!
    Best wishes for a great fast day Audrey. Are you going on the treadmill too? You’ll be glad it is out of the wind and rain!

Hi Patty! Congratulations on your non fast days, it takes time and dedication to break those snacking habits. Every little bit of change in the right direction, is a little bit of wonderfulness!

I saw my sister who had the blood eye, and she went “Oh yes, ofcourse!” It was so long ago that she had forgotten, and was really taken aback when her optometrist told her she had a tear in her eye (tear as in rip! 😉 )

I’m just about to make a salad for tea, an Asian one with peanuts and just a few fried noodles! Lots of lettuce and carrot and good things!

Hi cinque

Yes the treadmill is definitely coming into its own. I got up to 4 km an hr yesterday and walked for about 30 mins…. I was very hot and out of breath so it must be doing some good.

My back is managing exceedingly well, it’s great to be able to exercise once again.

Enjoy your meal it sounds very healthy.

Audrey

My meal was yummy, and healthy too! (Apart from the fried noodles)
    Really, really pleased you can exercise Audrey! How lovely to do that little bit more, little bit faster, each day.
    Hooray for your back, behaving itself so well!

Hello everyone else too! How are you going?
    It is Tuesday lull day for me, but I am starting to look forward to Thursday fast day.
    I hope all is going well!

Hi Cinque

I have in total walked for over an hour today in 3 sessions… I am really pleased with the treadmil and the back…

I am it has to be said very hungry… all this exercise is giving me an appetite hehe..

In bed now non fast day tomorrow we are having chicken cooked in the slow cooker in a tomato sauce with mushrooms onion and peppers love it. ..

Have a great day my fast friend.

Audrey

Just wanted to share how frustrating it is when you start a fast day and end up preparing a family meal and breaking the fast. This has only happened twice and I am on week four but oh so frustrating when I put so much effort into the fasting all day.

Resolution: on fasting days I have started going out after work to do a leisure activity and keep away from the kitchen and restaurants. Its summer so evening is a good time to walk.

Is anyone using the Oxfab survey https://www.oxfab.org/index.php. I find it very helpful to prompt new strategies to support weight loss.

Keep calm and keep losing.

Hi all, I had a wonderful fast day today! I was busy, starting out at the gym just before 7 a.m. with my sister. We had a good workout together. We generally do a round of weight lifting exercises then a sprint on the rowing machine, another round of lifting then a sprint on the stationary bikes, then one last round and a sprint on the treadmill. I was even able to jog on the treadmill today at 5 miles per hour. After all that we walk around the indoor track and stop to do pushups and some ring-rows (working up to pull-ups in the future). I need to do this much more often. I feel great when we do it. But it’s nearly an hour drive to the gym so I can’t really go more than 2 or 3 times a week.

When we’d finished my daughter called to see if I’d pick up the girls from school and take them to a dentist appointment she’d forgotten about. Then another sister called to see if I’d do some errands and shopping with her! Lots of running back and forth today. I was away from 6 in the morning to almost 7 this evening. But it helped me to keep my fast!

Audrey, that chicken in the slow cooker sounds delicious. I’ll have to try that later this week. I have a beef roast for tomorrow and some nice bones for making a broth. And Cinque, your Asian salad sounds great, too. Everything seems to sound good at the end of a fast day! It’s 10 here so I best get to bed. Enjoy the day! Patty

Morning all

Secretlyslim what a shame and how annoying to do alright through the day then fail your fast….. I suppose I am lucky because I do the majority of mine whilst ian is at work… I do find it difficult when we are at our caravan, but like you I usually go out for a walk whilst he eats.

Patty, I have just put some some chicken, diced up, with an onion, pepper and mushrooms into my slow coojer and poured in a pasta sauce then added a bit if oregano and sone garlic. It’s the easiest recipe ever and it tastes lovely, you can serve it with pasta or salad and with or without garlic bread… oh I also added sone little tomatoes I had left over in the fridge… cook on low for 5 or 6 hrs…

Have a great day everybody I am off to the treadmill!

Audrey

Hello all,
    It is a grey, warm morning. I hope it is nice in Cheshire and places all over the world!

SecretlySlim, how frustrating. It is hard to be tired and hungry and preparing the family meal. I’m glad you have worked out such an excellent resolve. All power to you,

Wow Patty, what a workout! It is a long way to the gym, but 2 or 3 times a week is great! And your eye must be healing if all that didn’t make it hurt. Don’t families keep you busy! My daughter, her husband and toddler are coming back to live in Melbourne in a few months so I’m expecting to get super busy!

That delicious sounding chicken and mushroom recipe sounds like one I make in my pressure cooker. Yum! I need to make it soon!

Time for ☕️
    Bye!

Viewing 50 posts - 6,201 through 6,250 (of 7,330 total)

You must be logged in to reply.