HELP! All ladies of a 'certain age'-please respond

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
HELP! All ladies of a 'certain age'-please respond

This topic contains 7,289 replies, has 660 voices, and was last updated by  Opal Shine 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 6,151 through 6,200 (of 7,330 total)

• Hi cinque

How wonderful to gave such a good influence on someone’s life.

I don’t know if I have ever told you but me and ian have a daughter each from previous marriages. Well when we got together we became friendly with a young girl called vicky who was having trouble at home and was anorexic. To cut a long story short she moved in with us and we laughingly called her our adopted one! This is the mother of Charlotte and ruby who now call us grandpa and granny and we are their godparents as well.

Life is funny sometimes, isn’t it.

It was lovely of him to want to see you, it shows how much you meant to him.

Enjoy your quiet day, I have promised milena I will do another fast today with her, this will help with the meal out on Monday with Ian for his birthday.

Have a great weekend everyone

Audrey

Hi all, Nice to hear from all of you. Cinque, what you have done to that boy and his family is so wonderful. Bless you.

Patty, I am still in UK. I go to India twice an year usually a week or 10 day visit, to see my mum and my mother in law, both in their 80s. My husband does the same, but we go at different times, so that they feel our presence 4 times an year. Both are keeping healthy. I call my mum everyday and talk for at least 30 min. She is in her late 80s and taught her how to use whats app, so that she can contact me whenever she wants, and I can respond, because phone calls can be difficult in the middle of meetings and all.

As you all suggested, I have fished out a trousers that is tight for me and am planning to see how it goes from coming Monday onwards.

I had 2 fast days with 500 cals last week. Approx, because I stopped counting. Had a cinnamon pastry yesterday. That was great.

Jawbone was a good investment. I thought I am doing enough exercise because I do some cardio everyday for 30 min. In a day, it showed me how sedentary I am at work. So I make it a point walk around at least for a couple of minutes when I get time.

I am off to swimming soon. After a long time I have cooked a chicken curry for lunch and we are having g it with nan.

Hope none of you are snowed under.

Have a lovely weekend ladies and keep smiling 😃

Beena

Hi audrey,
    Our posts got crossed. I just read yours. An amazing work and now you have wonderful grandkids too.

Beena

Hi Beena

Nice nice to hear from you, I am glad you are doing ok. I have been given a fitbit and they certainly make you look at exercise differently don’t they, I make sure I do my 10,000 steps every day now. ..

How nice that you can chat to your mum everyday when she is so far away. I have had a sneaky weigh in and am down 1.5lb …. Let’s hope it stays off.

Keep in touch,

Audrey

Hi Beena

Nice nice to hear from you, I am glad you are doing ok.

How nice that you can chat to your mum everyday when she is so far away. I have had a sneaky weigh in and am down 1.5lb …. Let’s hope it stays off.

Keep in touch,

Audrey

Good morning everyone,
    Thinking about Patty in Pennsylvania. How much snow is covering you?

Audrey I love how family is more about care and connections that anything else. It can make a family grow wonderfully. It is nice to know that precious bit of history when you talk about your gorgeous grandkids.

Beena I love how you can spare such constant time for family in your busy life. AND chicken curry and naan. Yum.

But here I am on a Fast day, so I will tell my tastebuds to wait for another day and concentrate on having as much of nothing as I can today!

Sending out best wishes

Hi all, great to read all the posts! Cinque and Audrey, that’s so wonderful that you were able to provide a haven for those kids. Before I retired I was working as a speech therapist for children 3 years to school age. There are a lot of behaviour disorders that are so difficult for families and children to deal with and it’s so helpful when they can find someone to help and be supportive. One of my favorite aspects of my job was teaching kids to communicate, either verbally, signing, or other means. It’s not just about teaching kids to say words properly but about communicating in their world. Kids with ODD or autism need to be able to communicate their needs and fears and it’s not easy. Often they don’t even understand it themselves. Anyhow, it’s awesome that you were able to help that family. Audrey, my daughter had an eating disorder when she was a young teen until she was in college and I didn’t even know it. She told me about it years later and looking back I can definitely see it. How could I have been that oblivious? Now when I see young girls like that it’s glaringly obvious to me.

The snowstorms missed our area. It was south and east of us. Philadelphia, NYC, and Washington DC were hit hard. They’re about 5 hours from us. Our son is in southern Ohio and that area was hit a little as well. I wish we’d got some snow so I could do some cross-country skiing. It’s been a strange winter.

Beena, I love chicken curry. I’ve never made any Indian food but I’ve been to some marvelous restaurants. I’m going to have to learn. It’s great that you get to talk to your mom every day. My mom died almost 18 years ago and I still miss her.

Audrey, when you do 2 consecutive fast days do you find that you’re absolutely ravenous afterwards? I’ve been wanting to try consecutive days but am afraid I’ll eat way too much when I eat again.

Have a lovely day and evening everyone! Patty

Morning all

Patty its strange but when I wake up on my 2nd fadt day I don’t particularly feel hungry, but once I reach about 6 pm and eat I do find it hard to stop, but then I always find that hard…

I have weighed in today and I have put my 1.5 lb back on…..I am hoping its food in transit and it will sort itself out….I stuck to my TDEE yesterday honest. I am glad you are not snow bound.

I am off for a meal with Ian tomorrow and perhaps food will sort me out!

Cinque have a great fast day, you must be nearly done by now?

Keep in touch ladies,

Audrey

Hi Everyone,
    Morning here, so my Fast Day is done. Looking forward to breakfast! (Cup of tea first).
    Patty I’m glad you aren’t dealing with all the hassle of snowstorms, and your son too. But I hope you get some cross country skiing soon! I used to do a bit (up in the high country), before I got this nasty chronic illness, and it is just so wonderful.

Audrey, I hope the day sorts you out. There seems to be a cosmic lag most of the time, between weight going on and off. You’ll get there! Hopefully today!

Best wishes all!

There is always laxatives, Audrey!!!! lol!

Of course, now that I have no gall bladder, a cup of coffee is all I need! Isn’t life a balance?

omg!

son has just brought in ferrero rocher AND galaxy!

Heaven!!!!!!!!

Would tell you off milena, but I am too busy eating daughters xmas cake hehe. …….
    Ah well 3 fasts again this week then!

Aud

Good morning chocolate eaters and cake eaters, don’t tell me you are lovely and skinny the day after, it wouldn’t be fair!

But I won’t be bitter because I did some very successful op shopping yesterday and found a gorgeous silk skirt, and a gorgeous designer silk dress, and it has really sunk in that size 14 (Australian, same as British sizes I think) is now too big for me and for skirts and trousers size 12 is too big. I still can’t get my head around it. I have never been skinny, and I think I was wearing size 14 when I was 14.

I love 5:2

Best wishes for your day. It is a lovely mild sunny morning here.

Cinque

Well done on getting in size 10 thats fantastic. …

I am so full we just got back from meal out for Ian’s birthday. I have just added up calories just under 1600 so not too bad…..

Have a great day I am off to bed soon feeling very full and fat….

Audrey

Hi Cinque

well done!!

I’ve just bought a dress from ebay, I don’t do dresses but it has been in my watch list for 5 months and I do have the engagement party in a couple of weeks.

Marks and Spenser, new with tages, Size 16, would be lovely to think I am a 14 but the bust is still very much there (well, so are the hips if I am honest!). OH thought it looked small and short when I held it up against me, but out came the spanx knickers and a bra and I tried it on – its a bit big!!!! Looks lovely though, its a bit clingy but not to bad, and I still have about 17 days to trim just a little more!

Onwards and downwards everyone!

Oooh that feeling when you put something on and go: hang on, it’s a bit big!
    Scrumptious! I bet you look fab Milena. Happy Birthday wishes to Ian! Hope you wake up tomorrow (today 😉 ) with the meal nicely digested!

Audrey you said the words! I’ll try. Size 10. eep! And it is true, I am finding some size 10 tops too. In fact it is getting a bit of a problem. There are SO MANY more gorgeous clothes at the smaller sizes, and my wardrobe is bursting. I don’t think I can stop searching for them though! Not yet.

Hi Cinque and Milena, well done!

Audrey, I know what you say, usually when you start eating, you feel hungry. I have done consecutive fast days before but cooking for the family makes it difficult. Hope you and Ian had a great time.

Patty, good to know that you are not hit by snowstorms

I am back to my weekly routine. Had my first fast of the week yesterday, stopped counting calories, so hope it was well within the limits.

Have a great day all

Beena

Ooops it is Audrey’s Ian my Happy Birthday wishes are for. I just got the paragraphing wrong. I did really mean to be talking to you Audrey!

Hi Beena! I bet you got it right!

Morning ladies,

Had a lovely meal out thanks, had chicken cooked 3 ways, grilled breast, breaded skewers and southern fried, with Coleslaw salad and fries, was lovely followed by sticky toffee pudding and custard. …. I added calories up abd it came to about 1600 which isn’t too bad. I did exercise for an hour earlier and according to my scales this morning have not gained anything. ..

Back to a normal meal today, we are having a slow cooked beef joint with mixed vegetables and a few small potatoes. … this will give us enough meat to freeze some as ready meals for later in year…
    Glad you are all doing ok, onwards and downwards ladies together we are stronger

Audrey

Good morning all, good evening to Cinque! Everyone sounds so great today! Glad to hear the sizes are getting smaller. I wonder how different the sizing is here. I’m in a 16 right now. I haven’t bought anything new nor gone shopping lately but I can now put my jeans and trousers on and off without undoing the button or zipper! And I notice that most of my tops are much looser than they’d been. In fact I’m going to start boxing up some clothes to donate to the thrift shop soon. Yesterday was a fast day for me and I felt so good all day long. I’m surprised at how much I love fast days. I have so much energy all around. Even my non-fast days are more pleasant. I find that I eat much better than I did before. And I crave less. We went visiting on Sunday and I took all the cookies we had in the house to give to the kids. Gave one squash pie to my granddaughters and my husband finished off the second. Now we don’t have any goodies in the house except for some chocolate in the fridge a few pieces of hard candy in the candy dish. I’m trying to get Dennis to eat well but I’ll leave the chocolate for him so he doesn’t get too grouchy.

I watched an interesting program yesterday called I’ll Have What Phil’s Having. We don’t have t.v. but I found it on the internet. Anyhoo, Phil travels the world, meeting people, checking out the culture, and especially trying the foods. The first episode I watched he was in Tokyo. Oh my, that’s definitely a place I want to visit someday. What great looking food! The next episode was in Florence, Italy. Another place on my bucket list now. It’s an awesome program. Even though it was my fast day while I was watching it I wasn’t tempted to go into the kitchen for a snack. If you can find the program watch it. I think you’ll enjoy it. I found it on Amazon.com.

I think I’ll do a slow cooked roast today and freeze some of the meat, too, Audrey. It’s a good day for it.

Have a great one ladies! Patty

Good evening Everyone (mid morning here!)
    Patti, When I was at my fattest the 18 -20 sizes were getting too small for me. I remember how relieved I was to get to 16. I am pretty small (I’ve lost an inch too, I think my back is bending 🙁 ) so I figure I will be basically 8-10 with all the exceptions because the clothes makers vary so much! Still waiting to get small enough to wear some XXL Asian clothes.

Oh yum that slow cooked meat sounds good.

I hope you enjoy some straightforward normal days after all that wonderful feasting Audrey.

Hello everyone! I hope it is (or has been) a good day!

Morning ladies,

My slow cooked beef was gorgeous. …I have managed to put 6 meals in the freezer too, I love cooking and freezing, and they come in handy I’d my back is playing up and ian has to cook….

We are exercising indoors today I say we because ian is joining me! We are both exactly the same weight at the moment, he has to lose about 10 lbs me a lot more….

Have a great day everybody

Audrey

Ooh I’d like your freezer Audrey!
    Have a lovely exercise!

Cinque

I have a fridge freezer, in which I keep vegetables, an upright large freezer in which I keep joints of meat,fish etc and a small drawer freezer just for ready meals, these are meals I have made myself not shop bought…. i don’t know why but I feel happier if I have lots of food in…… my cupboards are full too but it doesn’t stop me shopping….

Mind when ian was off ill last year and didn’t get paid for 6 weeks we didn’t go hungry. …think it stems from when I was young and money was scarce….

Audrey

Hi ladies, Good to hear from all of you! I also love having meals in the freezer. I don’t have three freezers though. That would be wonderful. When my youngest sister was going through weekly chemo treatments for breast cancer my other sisters and I got to work preparing good meals for her and freezing those. They bought a freezer just for this. She really appreciated the effort.

Yesterday I ate more than I have since I started intermittent fasting. I just couldn’t seem to get enough. Fortunately it was all good food since I’d gotten rid of the junk, but still. Just going to move on and get back on track. Mondays and Thursdays are my usual fast days but I will also be fasting on Friday since we’re traveling the 8 hours to our son’s house. Dennis doesn’t stop for meals, only for fuel and to give the dog a break. My son said he’d have a meal ready for us when we get there. He’s a very good cook.

Cinque, I’ve also lost some height. I think 2″ maybe 3″. I have some arthritis in my back and I broke my back in 1983 so that has a lot to do with it. I have no pain though so that’s a plus. Right now I’m around 5’1″. When I got married I was 5’4″ and weighed 128#. Somewhere along the timeline I gained over 100# and was 234# at my biggest! I think it started when the kids started school and I went back to work. I don’t even remember it happening, I just remember being huge and wondering how I got to that point. I don’t even remember buying progressively bigger clothes! I’ve lost at least 50# but still have a ways to go. Intermittent fasting has really made a huge difference with me. And this forum is fun and helpful as well.

Enjoy the day! Patty

Patty, so glad you don’t have continuing pain after that broken back! How did it happen?
    Isn’t it strange how weight creeps on. And such a relief to get it off. I hope the arthritis isn’t too horrible.
    I am trying to do yoga exercises, but often I am not well enough even for gentle stretches. I am going to make it more of a priority though!

Audrey it is definitely that small drawer freezer full of your homemade meals that I have my eye on!

I only have the freezer compartment of my fridge, but with just me here, it is all I need.
    I’ve started this thing, every few months, to see how long I can go without shopping (except for milk), just eating up my freezer with the help of my pantry and my little garden. Even with my small freezer, it is usually two or three weeks.
    It will probably be four with fasting!

Fast day starting for me. Cheers to you all!

Hello all, just starting another fast day. Last night we had a dinner at church. Delicious, Hungarian Goulash, rice, spinach salad. The subject of dieting and eating habits came up so I was able to talk about my new way of eating. A couple seemed interested but most were skeptical. Although they did notice that I’ve shed some weight.

Cinque, I broke my back playing softball. I was the catcher on the team. Somehow when I jumped up and twisted around to catch a ball I did something but continued playing even though I was in a bit of pain. Then it was my turn to bat. I hit the ball and started running, but by the time I reached first base I had to take myself out of the game. By the time I got home I could barely walk. For quite a while afterwards I could barely sit. Standing or lying down were more comfortable than sitting. It was constant excruciating pain. In fact I can remember telling my sister, after a couple months of constant pain, that I could understand why people with chronic pain become suicidal. I wasn’t suicidal but when it’s unending and so severe it’s stressful and you just don’t think you can take it any more. Once I healed though there has been no pain. Sometimes I’m stiff if I sit too long but that’s about it. And I can’t bend back well, I can’t tilt my head to look straight up. But who needs to be doing back bends anyway?

Tomorrow, Friday, we’re off to see our son’s family. 8 hours in the car, with a man who won’t let me have the radio on because it bothers his ears. But I usually take along some knitting so that’s a plus. Have a great weekend everyone. I won’t be online while I’m away but will look forward to seeing new posts after my return. Have a great weekend!

Patty

Ouch Patty. what a small thing to cause so much pain. I am so glad there are so few long term effects.
    It will be interesting to see how your church friends react as you keep going with 5:2.
    I got to a certain point when everyone noticed. It was after about 5 months of 5:2 so it was strange that all of a sudden I got all these comments.
    Before that it was just a few people who were extremely sensitive to people’s weight who noticed.

Best wishes for a wnderful weekend with your son! Finally!
    I hope you get a lot of knitting done!

It is early morning Friday and I am enjoying my first cup of tea.
    Hello everyone, best wishes!

Hi ladies

For some reason I have not been receiving your posts again then all of a sudden they all came through.

Party what an awful accident to happen as a back pain sufferer I can understand where you are coming from. I have arthritis and spondylosis in my spine and I am never completely pain free… praise the Lord that you are able to walk after a broken back..and to be pain free!!! Enjoy your visit to your sons good luck with the knitting I am useless at it.

Cinque have a good day I am off to bed soon fast day for me tomorrow.

Audrey

Sweet dreams Audrey,🌛
    I am glad the posts are coming through again.
    I am ready for a good day. Thanks!😊

Hi all,

Patty, ouch that must have been painful. I am glad you are ok now. Happy knitting and have a great time with your son and family.

Cinque, enjoy shopping for dresses.

Audrey, good night. Enjoy your fast days

Beena

Hi Beena! Best wishes to you!

I am getting a bit worried about my clothes shopping. It might be becoming obsessive. I decided to restrain myself, but it is very hard after finding that designer dress that fits me and suits me so well. Similar dresses on their website are over $200 and I got this one for $20. Perfect condition. So yesterday I talked myself to going to the big Op Shop about 20 minutes drive away. There I found another silk dress (I love silk) not as spectacular as the other one, but a lovely summer dress that fits nicely. And a gorgeous silk vest in autumn colours.

Today I will stay home and tidy up!

Hi beena and Cinque

Just say in bed watching tv. Fast day tomorrow so don’t have to think about it liquid only…

Cinque it’s great that you are getting enjoyment out if buying clothes again and at bargain prices too…

Beena how is the weather with you? Its really windy here and very wet! Again! 😊

Just watching program about a 600lb woman. .. very scarey…

Talk again tomorrow. Good night Beena and patty, have a good day Cinque…â˜ē

Audrey

Hi all, it’s just about bedtime here on a Thursday night. Just had a call from my daughter-in-law. She had to take my son to the hospital today. Seems he has a very severe case of the flu. Can’t even keep liquids down. So it seems we won’t be going after all. Another disappointment. But we’ll plan on next weekend! Our son thinks he’ll be well enough for a visit but I know how much the flu can take out of you. So we’ll give him a couple of days of quiet rest.

Cinque, that was an awesome deal you found. I love when that happens. I also like silk. It drapes so nicely. I love the way it feels. I remember being in a shop with the kids when they were little and suddenly my son says “it smells like mosquito larvae in here”. I looked around and saw a rack of silk blouses. Apparently he has a very keen sense of smell. I explained to him how silk was made. And it occurred to me that it was odd that he knew what mosquito larvae smelled like. Weird. Every time I’m in a shop that sells silk I think of that. But still I love silk. And I’ve never noticed a smell. Once I lose a few more inches I’ll have no choice but to go shopping.

I had a call from my granddaughter’s (Sylvie) school today. She had developed a rash and they wanted me to come pick her up. They were unable to get in touch with my daughter or son-in-law and I was next in line. So I spent the day with her. It was like spring outside so we went for a walk. At the beginning of the trail there’s a low cable strung to keep cars from driving on it. She and I both tripped on it at the same time! Flat on our faces. I lost hold of the dog leash but fortunately he didn’t notice and stayed close. Sylvie jumped right up. It took me a little longer. I imagine it looked quite funny to see us both go down at the same time like that. We walk that trail often so we’re quite aware of the cable. hahaha.

It’s after 10 so I best get to bed. Nothing to do tomorrow but knit here at home. I might not even tell anyone I’m home so I can have some time alone. They’ll all just assume I’m away. Lovely plan! Have a good’n. Patty

Morning from England ladies,

Patty, sorry your plans have been cancelled for this weekend, I do hope your son is better soon, it must be bad to be hospitalised so definitely not the usual “man flu “….I did laugh at the thought of you and your granddaughter both falling down together….something I would do for sure too!

Cinque I hope you have managed to stay away from the clothes shops, I fear we will have to find you another forum for shopaholics. ….hehe. it’s nice you are starting to enjoy your “new” body.

Beena, hope all is ok with you and yours? Stay safe in this dreadful weather….

Ian is back at work now so I am doing a B2B. I did manage a semi fast on Wednesday ian decided to join me but he was starving and by the end of the day had consumed lots, I found him in the kitchen sneaking sweeties!

Have a great weekend everyone, enjoy yourselves whatever you are doing….

Audrey

What a nose your son has Patty! I have helped grow silk worms ( only a few, decades ago) and I can’t remember them smelling even then. It is the feel of silk I love, even when it is spun and woven. I am fairly good at picking out the silk by feel. Also the colours, and sheen.
    It must have been in fashion a couple of years ago? Because there are so many dresses and skirts coming through the op shop. ( often with polyester lining ☚ī¸ But at least that wears well).
    Is it the same son all grown up now and sick with flu? I hope he gets better quickly, or if he has a long recuperation, that he can enjoy your visit.

How good that you were there for your granddaughter today, Are your knees ok!? You are the terrible twins.
    May you get a lovely quiet weekend to knit ( and listen to the radio).

What fun you will have when you get to go shopping for smaller clothes.

I am enjoying shopping for my new body. But I will watch out. Wouldn’t I have a time, going from 5:2 đŸŊ to the shopaholics forum! 👠👜👗 I don’t think I will buy anything more too small. I think I’d need to lose a good three inches off my waist to wear them, and my waist is just about 30 inches. I found a counter that said 26 inch waist would be okay for my height, (any smaller is getting too thin) but I don’t think they were reflecting middle age? I might manage 28.

Ah well I will give them back to the op shop next year.

Audrey, all power to you with your back to back fasts! I hope you have a really good couple of days!

I’ll join you fasting on Sunday ⭐ī¸â­ī¸â­ī¸

I am a silly Billy definitely of a certain age I have just realised it’s Friday. … so I will be fasting Friday and Saturday hehe. … definitely an hormonal lapse….😀😀😀

Oh well we will tag on your Saturday evening and my Sunday morning! I hope Friday fast is going well!

Its early here still cinque, but I am intending to do a liquid only day today followed by 500 fast day tomorrow. I have some home made chicken and vegetable soup in my freezer for tomorrow. … very healthy but very filling just the thing for after a fast. ..

I have done a 30 min workout on my wii so I am very hot and bothered now…. I should be losing pounds…..think my body is still getting back to its weight loss mode…. 10 lb to go then I am back to the weight I was at Kates wedding last year…. then another 10….then …..you get the picture

Audrey

Step by step the longest march can be won!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhUGzujGH1k

Lovely to be marching with you!

Mmm yum that soup!

Good morning all. So much for my day alone! My sister called at 7 am to ask what time we were leaving, she had something she wanted me to take to Burt. So I had to tell her we weren’t going because he was sick. Shortly after that my daughter called and said “I hear you’re not going. Could you watch Sylvie, she’s staying home again.” Apparently she called my sister to watch Sylvie and she’s the one who told on me. So, I’m going to work out with my sister then to watch Sylvie again. My daughter got a chuckle out of the story of our synchronized falling.

Audrey, I have used a wii before, at another sister’s house and it’s a lot of fun. I should check into getting one of those.

It just dawned on me that yesterday I was looking forward to shopping for new clothes and today I’m talking about getting a wii. Perhaps I’ll have to join the shopaholics forum as well!

Cinque, yes, it’s the same sickly son who has the great sense of smell. I have one son and one daughter. I must say I’d be thrilled to have a 30″ waist! I have a few inches to go before getting to that size. But, as you say, step by step, 10,000 steps a day. We’ll get there.

Later, Patty

Good afternoon, ladies! I’ve just joined the program – had my first fast yesterday and I was surprised how easy it was! I expected to be gnawing on the chair legs, but I just felt a little peckish. I can definitely do this!

Hello everyone, it is Saturday morning in Melbourne, surprisingly cool and grey for the middle of summer.

Hi Rose, welcome here and congratulations on your first fast day. So glad it was easy!
    Did you really enjoy your breakfast? ( if you are a breakfast person?)
    My fast days are usually easy and it means I can look forward to them.
    Next one is tomorrow, I surprised myself by finding that I love fasting on Sunday.

Oh Patty, it is hard to be invisible in a family. Is your granddaughter interested in knitting?

And yes my nearly 30″ waist is what is making shopping such fun. Your time will come!

Cheers everyone đŸŒģ🌷đŸŒģ🌷đŸŒģ

Hi all welcome rose. I am glad your first fast went ok.

I am in bed now I have completed my fast day and am now avoiding the kitchen.
    Patty I too have been asked to babysit as the girls are coming on Sunday for lunch and then baking… note to self send the biscuits home with them this time…. Lol

Cinque it’s great that you are feeling good about your new body…30 inch waist wow! Well done.

I am going to go now. Will post again tomorrow. Keep in touch

Audrey

NEARLY 30″ Less than a centimetre to go! (And some how, after a couple of days feeling really good, I start noticing all the flabby bits again. Luckily another fast day comes along!)

Congrats Audrey, you will wake up feeling really good I hope! And get that nice couple of fast days out of the way before the kids come.

PS I get to see my granddaughter (nearly 18 months) on the 13th Feb when they visit.

Cinque that has to be the best age…. they are lovely at that age our 3 are all at school now… ruby just started in reception this year. They grow up too fast. …

Night night another fast day down…

Morning all,

Another day another fast here!

I am really hoping for a good loss this week, some times I do a 6 2 and others I do a 5 3 this week is a 5 3. … I do a 8 day cycle because it fits in with Ians working pattern. ..

Hope you are all having a great weekend

Keep in touch

Audrey

Hello ladies, what a good idea to have a board for ” ladies of a certain age”
    This is my second attempt at 5.2 first time round I didn’t realise I had to stick to at or below my tde, so I found the weight loss very slow. So of I go again, hope things will be easier this time round. My tde is 1557
    so I need to be careful on non diet days. Must say these boards are inspiring glad I found you all

Hi dizzy

Welcome to the loca corner of the forum. … my TDEE is 1450 but intend to stck yo around 1200 as this will be the calories I should eat in order to maintain once I reach my goal wright.

I am sure you will soon feel like one of the girls with us we are a very friendly, supportive bunch of ladies.

Once again welcome

Audrey

Welcome Dizzy!
    I hope you have a more productive time with 5:2 this time round.

I am finding that as I go along with 5:2 (fairly slowly) I am working out how to eat ‘normally’ on the other days. My tastes are changing, my portion sizes are getting more sensible, I am easily able to wait longer between meals.
    I am noticing and thinking about these things, but they are almost happening of their own accord.
    Fingers crossed you find this too, because I think it sets us up well for maintaining a healthy weight, once we get there.

I am fasting today!
    Audrey are you just about finished your back to back fast? How are you feeling?

Cheers everyone, from a sunny Melbourne morning (with a stiff breeze!) (and crow calls).

Viewing 50 posts - 6,151 through 6,200 (of 7,330 total)

You must be logged in to reply.