HELP! All ladies of a 'certain age'-please respond

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
HELP! All ladies of a 'certain age'-please respond

This topic contains 7,289 replies, has 660 voices, and was last updated by  Opal Shine 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 5,451 through 5,500 (of 7,330 total)

• Good morning ladies 🙂

“Sorry I missed your post. I hope you feel better soon. A nice warm soup sounds just the job!!” – thanks Ginette; I was cold and a bit yeuchy much of the day, but managed to stay under my TDEE which is I suppose an achievement. I lit the fire and snuggled up in my recliner chair and watched Scotland beat Japan handsomely. It did help I have to say – at least it distracted me for a wee while. 🙂

Much better this morning and I’ve been out onto the exercise bike and had my 250 calorie breakfast. I will need to plan things to do around 1.00 -3.00 which seems to be my weak, I’m-hungry-feed me! spell.

All power to anyone else who’s fasting today!

Elfstone

Glad you are feeling better today. Well done on your fast day I have just done a quick 15 min jog on the spot not much energy today and trying to last out till 5 when I eat!

Have a good day

Audrey

Morning Ladies!!!

I am having a fast day today. I did a sneaky weigh this morning and am feeling very motivated!

Audreyg, Milena I really like the idea of having a liquid day but I am not sure I am ready for that. When you say a liquid day…. is that only tea, water, coffee or does that include soup? Have you done a liquid only day followed by a fast day before? What were the results?

NEmum – good on you for getting a few days work. Its a tough market and for sure it can be a downer. Keep at it. I send off so many job applications… and either I am too old (not specifically said but inferred by language), over qualified, not enough experience, … its annoying… but the right job is out there somewhere for me! 🙂 We have to believe that.

Ginette – how are you this morning?? hope you had a restful night. Paul McKenna – I recognise the name. Does he do meditation CD’s?

Have a great day all!

Loz xx

Morning loz,

A liquid day is just tea, coffee, oxo etc I have a hot chocolate last thing before bed, no soup sorry!

I have done b2b once before last week, it wasn’t too bad, I am feeling very motivated this morning too. I popped on scales and I think I am 4lb down! I know it won’t last but at least I shouldn’t put any on this week.

I find liquid only days easier to do than fasts because when I start to eat I just don’t want to stop!

Have a great day milena and I are both fasting again today so you can be our 3rd musketeer hehe

Audrey

Hi Audrey & Milena

I have just had my breakfast! ITs 12:25… so I think I will be ok till a late dinner tonight… I am spending the afternoon out tramping fileds so my mind wont be on food!!

HAve a good day today!

Loz xx

Hi Audrey

are you still with us – just a couple of hours to go – second cuppa of the day and the stock is just finished, was going to taste it, well it is liquid, but can’t trust myself – the bread bin is not far from the cooker.

Letting it cool and then off to do the veggies, sweating onions and leeks, I’ll be sweating with them and its a cold rainy – soup – day. Counting the minutes.

4 pounds, bloody marvellous, can’t see more than a miniscule change for me, can’t read the pound very well and I certainly haven’t moved a kilo, ne’er mind, it sometimes comes off all at once for me. Hope so, otherwise my life is just not eating!

Hope you are having a good day Loz, you can count the minutes with me it it helps. And everyone else, Thursday is a FD day for most of us, I think.

Hi milena,

I am still here going strong, less than 2 hrs to go now. ….

Loz ru still with us our 3rd musketeer?

Keep in touch, enjoy your food when it comes

Audrey

Yippee I have eaten. 48 hrs fast wow!

Milena are you o.k.have you eaten?

Loz what about you, did you make it to the end?

Now I have just got to stop eating!

Keep in touch

Audrey

Well done Audrey!! – and good morning to all.

I was considering 2 consecutive days but haven’t yet plucked up the courage. Perhaps this coming Sunday/Monday – if I’m feeling strong 😉 Weighed myself this morning and I’ve lost a pound this week; if I can keep that going the Christmas challenge should be possible.
    Elfstone

Well done elfstone

I am 4lb down this morning from Tuesday! I know it won’t all stay off but fingers crossed.

Good luck to all fasting today

Audrey

Hi
    haven’t weighed yet – I think my scales are broken, well they certainly will be if they don’t move! My new party trick is if I stand on one leg I’m two pounds lighter and if I put the food down and shift my weight I get back the two pounds and two more. I suspect I need new scales anyway!

Elf, good luck but if you don’t manage it at the weekend, join Audrey and I, wasn’t even thinking of a liquid fast this week, and managed that and the b2b just to keep Audrey company. If God is a woman I believe that will be a few calories banked for Christmas – I haven’t plucked up the courage to calculate Christmas dinner yet – if you have been watching bake off you will have seen how much butter is in puff pastry – my Beef Wellington may be re=thought!!

Managed to keep well under 500 yesterday in spite of the teacake – it was tiny – and a biscuit. Seems homemade soup is the way to go!!!!

Is anyone fasting today – let me know, I’m aiming for 500 today, though 1000 won’t be a defeat – stars and the moon, ladies, stars and the moon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry milena,

Not joining you today have just devoured a sandwich. ….

Pea and ham soup for tea yummy my favourite

Have a good day I think the way you keep going is fantastic….

Have worked my calories out for today I am just under 1000 so not too bad!

Audrey

You are doing well ladies.
    Audrey a fantastic 4 lbs! I had not meant to weigh today but the scales got the better of me and am 1 1/2 lbs down from Tuesday weigh in. Amazing but have had very little appetite although Neil and I feel lots better today.

Have a chick in the oven and am doing quorn cottage pie. Fortunately daughter hates red meat so I am doing ok.

Just need to keep a check on the cals this weekend. Can’t wait to get the energy levels up. My new book came today that Ginette and I spoke about. It’s called Spring Chicken by Bill Gifford and the first paragraph is so funny. Well recommend.

Beverley

Beverley

Congratulations on your weight loss, glad you are both feeling better today.

Have a great weekend with the family

Audrey

Hi Audrey

didn’t think you were, aren’t you planning another tomorrow – some woman you are! I count 1000 as a half fast, cos its banking calories. Pea and ham soup sounds lovely, might do that next week. Had my muesli, sore tum again, will have to do some experimenting with food groups. Trying to hold out for another couple of hours for my soup. OH keeps suggesting half a pecan and caramel slice (oh, on top of the pain au chocolat, the bacon sarnie and the sausage sarni – gawd give me stength!!) which he bought yesterday – think he is feeling guilty about eating the last lot. Might hold off until tomorrow, 125 cals for half a slice is a LOT. Once upon a time I probably wouldn’t have checked the label.

Good going Beverley!!!!!

Milena

Not doing another liquid only tomorrow ian is off again after tonight so all will go to pot then.

Having slow cooked brisket dinner tomorrow so if I hold out till then I MAU manage a 500 kcal fast who knows.

Have a good day you deserve it, enjoy your pecan and caramel slice, we deserve a treat!

Good luck everyone fast or feast

Audrey

Hi Audrey

probably a good idea, not doing another liquid until the end of next week – I think its important not to let this ‘way of life’ get too much in the way of our lives. I’m trying to be extra good until Christmas, so passing on the pecan slice, they will disappear anyway – I have a couple of magicians in the house. My mantra is ‘stars and moon’ til Christmas, any loss will be brilliant.

Audrey,
    what a great attitude, I’m proud of you for the lack of weight loss not to be getting you down, the thing is, with the Fast Diet the health benefits are immense aswell, it’s meant to kick so much into action, and if it delays dementia and prevents cancer like some say then all the better. To be honest I’d rather be fat with all my marbles than thin and away with the fairies. Keep strong x

Ginette,
    I had the Paul Mckenna audio a while back, Think Yourself Thin, it didn’t work with me. I think my subconscious is too stubborn and too into sabotage to allow something like that work. I may try it again tho. On the subject of hypnosis, I have heard about hypnosis that can be done so you imaging that you have a gastric band fitted. Not sure how successful that one is.

I’m wondering what to have for tea tonight, it’s a NFD …. all out of ideas.

NEmum

Oh dear Nemum
    I am afraid my marbles left with my hormones! My hubby would say I am definitely away with the fairies. ..

Thanks for the compliment it is most appreciated I had 2 choices to give up and wait till Dr increased my medication by which time god knows how much weight I could have put on. Or to fight to stay the same, I got my clown trousers out of the wardrobe and took a long hard look at them and decided to fight! I am never going back there again!

Have a good tea whatever you decide on,

Milena, glad you decided to put the cake down, it takes a lot of strength to say no! You go girl, shoot for the stars! Hope you get there
    Audrey

Hello ladies….

GROAN!! Today was Macmillan coffee morning day. I made 2 traybakes and brownies…. and I have not had one!! My mouth is watering as there are still so many cakes left to go. I have purchased 2 muffins (low sugar cherry muffins) which we ill eat on the weekend. But I am DYING just looking at these mouthwatering cakes.

Tonight we have a progressive dinner…. all for the same event – Macmillan – and I have dessert at mine!! GROAN! I cant believe it… but this was all decided pre 5:2. I will have to suck it up & be a better person (thinking thinner person here!!)

Sending happy weekend thoughts to all!!

Loz xx

Loz,

STEP AWAY FROM THE CAKES! !!

well done on resisting, I am so happy for you, I have just read your post out to ian and he said tell her well done from me too!

You are doing REALLY well, just keep on going and think how proud you are going to be for resisting and saying NO.

have a great weekend

Audrey

Hi all,

Just a quick post from me to say have a great weekend everyone. I am busy with family so will probably post again on Monday.

Good luck to all fast or feast!

Audrey

Hi All

I have been catching up with an old friend so I haven’t been on here much for a couple of days. I have seen her in to months so a lot to catch up with.

Hi Loz

Yes that is right it is hypnosis. I found it took a few listens to actually start working. I put it on every night as I went to bed and sometimes fell asleep to it.

Hi Beverley

I am glad that you are enjoying the book. I have so many books sitting on the side that I haven’t read. Maybe because I spend too much tine on the forum!!

Audrey well done for losing so much weight. You and Milena really deserve to lose this week especially.

I have put on half a pound, no surprise there but the change in the weather may account for that. It’s got warmer again. I shall just carry on as before knowing that it will come off. I have a meal out with a friend on Tuesday so that will be nice.

Nemum

Yes you do need to give it time, mine wasn’t instant although I didn’t expect it to be. I just took it to bed every night. You can also listen to it in the daytime but it seems a lot of time to find in the daytime.

Well done Loz for avoiding those cakes.

I am thinking of trying quark. It seems to be one of those things that you add flavour to. A creamy cheese that I know can be used as a dessert or to add creaminess to things, soup, pasta sauce etc. as a dessert just add sweetness and flooring, lemon, vanilla and I have even seen strawberries. The desserts look delicious, I know it is used a lot in slimming world recipes and is 66 calories a 100g. It is apparently also very thick.

Luckily I can eat today so just going to get a cup of tea and see what delights I can eat later.

Ginette

Hi all,

Despite all my efforts this week, I seem to have put on nearly 2lb. I’m not devastated tho, I’m putting it down to the gallons of snot that is pouring out my nose, and I’m not even going into what I’m coughing up. I have lost my voice too, NEdad is breathing a sigh of relief, but I’ve also lost a bit of hearing too, so I’m breathing a sigh of relief too!

I just had comfort food … fish cake and rice with gallons of garden peas … not bad until my youngest and I shared a garlic bread.

I think I missed the one about Audrey losing weight, I had to scroll back, I missed a few messages. 4lb tho Audrey .. you go girl! That’s fantastic.

I’m going to watch Strictly, Dr Who and then go back to bed with a Lemsip and I don’t even care how much calories this is.

NEmum

snakes and ladders NEMum, the pounds don’t go when you expect them, and they arrive unannounced and unexpected. I have had an brilliant week, fasting wise. Would be taking the applause and polishig my halo – except I haven’t lost an ounce. Go figure.

BUT – good chance of a loss within the next few days. So pointless getting upset so I won’t – and nor should you, I think we both have very sticky fat this week, and your snot is binding your fat particularly well!!!! It will soon go.

Hi NeMum

Weight loss is now down to 2lb! I am bring mindful of what I eat. I hope you are feeling better soon, milena will tell you feed a cold and I agree, go back to fast once you have recovered.

Milena,

NO LOSS can’t believe it….your fat must be stuck with super glue! WE will give it another go next week that should sort it out hopefully. Glad you are not letting it get you down, no point going there, trust me I have!

Keep in touch let’s hope for great loss next week, enjoy what’s left of the weekend

Audrey

never do Audrey

The Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything is 42, when I work out why, I will worry about weightloss, as i think it s the same answer!!!!!

Until then, 5 days of the week I will try and two days of the week, I will reward myself for trying. Does it makes sense – No. But I’m hovering close to 3 stone loss so do I care?

Bugger, just realised, 3 stone is 42 lbs – weird or what – amazing what sense I write when I’m waffling! 2 lbs to go and I think it will come off very very soon.

Phew that went over my head too, and I’m writing it!!!! lol!

Good morning ladies 🙂 I hope you are all having a pleasant weekend. I decided not to fast today – I have food (sensible healthy food) needing used and I don’t want to waste it. You know I think this is one of the really good things about this eating regime: it s so flexible.

I wonder if I am losing weight this week just because I get so steamed up about some of the rugby games I’m watching. The nervous energy I’m expending must count for something? … maybe? (I can hope!)

Well, I shall fast tomorrow as usual and Wed and then on Fri when I go to the Health Centre to be weighed (that happens monthly as I’m losing under medical supervision) I am going to be smiling all the way, just with what I’ve lost so far. 😀

Happy fasting. 🙂

Hi Nemum

Yes I have strictly saved until later. I watched Saturday’s one but we were busy colouring hair last night. It always make me feel better.

Your post made me smile, we can always find good in the most unusual things!! I hope you feel better soon though.

Hi Audrey

I have had the same thing happen with weight loss, it changes within about 4lbs during the week. I have learnt to live with the great variations. You will probably still stay at an overall loss, this is still a great loss, so don’t worry too much about it.

You will get there. Xx

Elfstone

I am pleased you are enjoying the rugby. Not for me though. I make sure that I have lots of things recorded so I am watching those.

Let’s hope that the netvous energy burns calories.

I really hope whoever is supervising your weight loss is pleased with your loss. I go every few weeks normally to see a health trainer as I need to lose weight to help my blood pressure come down. He is changing to another company so I will be seeing him in a couple of months after he has completed his training again.

It really keeps me on track, my doctor also weighs me, so I have to have lost at least something each time I go. So far this has worked.

Good luck, although I am sure you don’t need it. Where are you based? I am in the south of England.

Ginette

Morning all,

Have weighed in down 2.5 lb yeah!

Thanks for all your help support and advice.

Busy day for us today we are painting the outside of the house today.

Have a good day today fast or feast

Audrey

Milena and Audrey,
    ladies it should be falling off you the effort you have put in. Well done Audrey on the 2.5lb Melena, I hope you see some reward for your efforts, you are right it’s snakes and ladders with weight loss and you never know when the snake will come.

I am feeling a lot better with my cold, I would like to say it was more that, the fuss I made but it was just a cold. It should be my fast day today and at the moment I don’t feel like eating, I have had some hot water and lemon and just had a coffee but since I still feel a little yacky I’m just going to listen to my body.

This weekend my youngest unearthed the Wii Balance Board, we haven’t used it since we moved in here 2 years ago and it didn’t work, so with the help of a Youtube video it is repaired. I had forgotton how fun it was, after weighing myself this morning I have done yoga, stretches, hoola hooping, ski jumping and a bit of downhill skiing and I feel fantastic and very proud of myself for fixing it.

I seem to have lost the 2lb I put on this weekend, I knew it was because I was poorly. The body does strange things, like holding onto fat i’m sure, in case the body needs it for fighting an illness.

Milena,
    I like the coincidence of 42 being 3 stones, that certainly would be my answer right now.

Have a happy week everyone

NEmum

Hi Nemum

I have lost weight with just using the Wii and not changing food intake knowingly. I found that when I did exercise a lot I wasn’t so interested in eating chocolates and cakes etc. I was left in a room with a tin of quality street, my co workers joked that I would have eating the lot. I didn’t even fancy one!!

I also used to do tennis on the Wii sports one and then I get a program called Exerbeat. This was really morish and I lost a lot of weight. You can choose to use Exerbeat without the balance board as I gpfound the batteries expensive long term. I also occasionally play golf on it.

It is a great kickstart to exercise, I loved the bird and the pinball machine, great for the stomach.

Yes I agree, the body holds on to fat at strange times. At least it is gone now and I take it that you are feeling much better.

The weather is really hot here and it is 23.3 indoors!!

Ginette

Ginette,

I’m feeling a lot better, sometimes you need to feel ill just to appreciate that your normal is pretty fantastic. I may have overdone in tho, after a good Wii workout yesterday morning, I made a start to sorting out the garage before we get some work done in the house, then when our boys were at swimming practice in the evening NEdad and I went for a 40 mins walk along the river (almost romantic) But my oh my that knee hurts this morning.

But (and I’m taking it with a pinch of salt) according to the Wii this morning, I am 5lb down on yesterday. This is now going to be my method of weighing myself I have decided so we’ll see if this is consistent, I like the graph it gives aswell, most encouraging.

Fasting today, as I didn’t quite manage it yesterday, the pulled pork in the fridge from the weekend tempted me and NEdad brought home chips when I sent him out to get cat food – I only pinched a few.

Hope the sun is shining where you are

NEmum

Good afternoon to all – and what a glorious afternoon it is; one of the best this year (not that that would be difficult given the appalling summer we’ve had here).

I’m planning to go out on my road bike with a pal later this afternoon. She used to cycle, but like me, stopped for various reasons and having heard that I had rediscovered my bike, asked her hubby to get hers out. We will both toddle along (probably in the lowest gears 😉 ) in the autumn sunshine, encouraging each other.

“Where are you based? I am in the south of England. Ginette”

I’m on one of the islands off the NW of Scotland so lots of *very* fresh air and many good walks and quite stunning scenery and wee, quiet single-track roads to cycle on. And once I lose all the weight I’m carrying, I fully intend to make the most of all of those things! 😀

Strength to all of you who are fasting today. 🙂

Which Island, Elfstone – I’ve been to some of the bigger ones, Orkney, which I didn’t get to see, been to Lewis and Uist a lot, did fitouts of the coastguard stations, and even the Shetland Isles, got stuck there for three days literally waiting for paint to dry – again in a coastguard station. And Skye of course.

Was hoping to go to Iona in August but didn’t make it, soon perhaps. Boiling here today – in the very high twenties, I’m between Livingston and Edinburgh.

Evening ladies,

I love that we’re from all over the country, but the warm weather seems to have escaped this little corner of the world – NE England.

But despite that I’ve had a fantastic day. I wanted to have a fast day today, but didn’t feel like eating, I haven’t had a big appetite since I’ve had this cold that has knocked me for six, so I just drank fluids, mainly herbal teas. Then I got really hungry at 2pm so had a big meal, healthy coming in at 600 calories, but I thought I’d blown the fast day. I know some of you ladies just have 1 meal on a fast day. but I usually prefer 3 smaller ones, but today 1 seems to have worked because that’s been it – gallons of herbal tea, it’s nearly 10pm and I feel fantastic. It might be a wee bit over for a fast day, but not bad.

How is everyone else doing?

NEmum

Morning ladies,

Nemum well done on yesterday fasting whilst being ill ….hats off to you.

It’s d day tomorrow for milena and myself liquid only followed by fast day…anyone else joining us?

Quite busy again today, Ian back at work tonight, car still in garage …..

Audrey

Morning Ladies

Another pound gone! It seems to be falling off me now and I’m in a good mindset for losing weight just now. Motivation is such a big thing for me and I feel like I have to constantly fight the part of me that wants to push the sabotage button, I know that makes me sound like I need psychiatric help but I’m hoping that I’m not the only one with a demon inside that wants to push the sabotage button. If not get the men in white coats!

Audrey,
    I think you are so brave for doing the liquid only diet, what exactly are you allowed? Herbal teas, Bovril, milk, a stiff gin and tonic? I may join you next week, when I feel stronger.

Today is my last day of alcohol before Sober October. It’s not that I drink a lot but the few classes of wine I have at the weekend, and the odd cider certainly contribute to my girth. I did Sober October last year, and even though I didn’t weigh myself, my trousers were considerably looser after a month. So I’ll be having a wee dram tonight … darn I’ll have to go back to Lemsips rather than my hot toddies.

No work today so off shopping.

NEmum

Nemum

I drink water only for most of the day, I usually have an oxo at lunch, sugar feee vimto sometime in afternoon then a hot chocolate drink before bed! No g & t I’m afraid. Next week I am away on holiday, but milena may be up for a challenge.

Well done on the weight loss, it seems your body is getting used to losing weight now long may it last for you.

Good luck for sober October, I am just finishing my Sept no chocolate challenge and I have yo confess I broke it once for a curly wurly hehe it was delicious!

Audrey

Audrey,

I’m glad you treat yourself now and again, I’ve no intention of being slim, if it means I can’t have a little of what I fancy occasionally.

Are you away anywhere nice?

NEmum

Nemum

We are away at caravan for 2 weeks for our last holiday of the year. It closes at the end of Oct so will just go back for few days at end of month to close it up. How fast this year has gone. ….

Audrey

Hi All

I have had a busy couple of days.

Nemum

I’m so pleased you feel better, the weather is so nice it would be a shame not to enjoy it. I hope you do get some sun. Yes living in the south the weather is normally warnmer. It is quite hot here now. I’m really pleased that you have managed to lose a pound even when you weren’t feeling well and that you are now really in the mood.

You do seem to have overdone it a bit, the Wii is a good motivator. You just to need to find what works for you on fast days. We are all different.

With fast day food I find that as long as I drink a lot I either have one meal as late as possible or a late really low lunch and then dinner. I have just had my fast day meal, earlier than usual and then I shall have gone rhubarb which is really low and a few spoonfuls of banana Muller light youghurt.

Sober October may find you feeling less tempted with poor food choices as well.

Hi Audrey

I am pleased that you are going to get the nice weather. It will be winter for too long. Do you think that the year has gone fast as we are on a mission to lose weight. This seems so with me. I now want to get healthy.

Hi Elfstone

I am in Portsmouth about as far south as you can get. Where are you?

I hope you have a lovely holiday and I’m pleased that you are lucky with the weather.

Audrey no thanks as I am fasting today, I am hooting to get a maintain this week as I have been out for a meal.

Ginette

Roll on Saturday. ….
    I am going to have a BIG bar of chocolate followed by chocolate cake and chocolate biscuits. …..only joking but I am going to enjoy some chocolate. ….

Hope you are all o.k. NeMum have a glass of something tonight take it from me a month is a long time when you are craving! I wish you good luck for sober October. ….

Audrey

Audrey… you fasted for 48 hours? I am impressed!! I think that would be good for morale. I have reached a plateau of 3 lb over my summer low before holiday. Seems I need most help on the 5 feast days. I can do the fasts alright. Perhaps doing two fast days in a row might be helpful?

Why I let my mind think that I can eat sweets on the 5 days, I don’t know. In past I have learned being off sugary sweets early in day helps me finish the day without cravings.I think I need to have a “no sweets week.”

NEmum, I am impressed with the “Sober Oct”. Wow that is quite a boast! You encourage me to eliminate food sweetened, cakes, cookies, etc. I would not take out naturally sweet fresh fruit however. If only doing this for a week or perhaps two weeks I might get the last 3 lbs to return to summer low. And maybe establish a period of time to keep those sweet things out of my life just to remind me I have the power over food to do that!

I like 5:2 very much, so I don’t believe it is wise to say never another cake, pie or Bon Bon. The success with 5:2 is because one can choose “forbidden foods” from previous diets. I really like that flexibility.

Pea Jay

Hi pea Jay,

Yes perhaps 2 days together would help you move that pesky 3lb!

I do a liquid only day followed by a fast day. I try not to eat until evening on my 2nd day so I have gone 48 hrs. It worked for me I initially lost 5 lb but it has worked out as 2lb over the week, still very impressed as my thyroid isn’t quite stable at the moment.

I too haven’t cut anything out of my diet although I have just had September chocolate free which I almost managed except for a weak moment with a curly wurly I found in my freezer!

My liquid day has arrived and I am up for it, actually I quite look forward to it don’t have to think about food at all!

Have a good day fast or feast, let me know if you try b2b

Audrey

Ladies,

Audrey,
    you are an inspiration to us all with your liquid fasts and B2B well done, I’m glad it’s evening out to be a 2lb a week weight loss, very sensible. Have a lovely time at the caravan.

Pea Jay,
    You are right the Fast Diet is great for it’s flexibility and that no food is on the forbidden list. What I would say to you is to get out of the mind set of Non Fast Days as ‘feast days’ they are normal eating days, so sensible eating days. There is a diet I heard about – popular with teens, it consists of eating under 1000 calories on 6 days of the week and then having one Feast Day, totally packing in all the food and alcohol that was deprived at keeping the other 6 to under 1000. This to me is tantamount to binging and so I would consider it not healthy. For me a good fast day encourages me to eat healthy the next day, as I don’t want to spoil my good work. On the other hand, don’t let a good hearty non calorie counted meal make you feel guilty either, the key is to be in control and know that you can counter act the odd blow out with a fast day. I stick to 5:2 but some on the forum will do a 4:3, what I do after a particularly calorie laiden day is have what I call a half fast, where I have a 100 calorie breakfast and 100 calorie soup for lunch then eat normally for tea.

I will be having a half fast on Saturday because my Thai friend is having a few of us round for a meal on Friday and I will eat and enjoy the flavours knowing that I am in control and will take charge on Saturday. But at least I won’t be drinking – argh!

Thanks for the encouragement on my Sober October ladies, I shall be drinking fizzy water from now on.

NEmum

I am ready for my fast day. I gave cooked some rhubarb in canderel and made a sugar free jelly so I have a low calorie treat to have tomorrow evening, thanks to ginette for the great idea!

I have my oxo at the ready for lunch and my sugar free vimto cordial rwady for this afternoon when I need a nice sugary fix! Bring it on!….

Have a great day everybody

Audrey

Well, I’m rarely ready, but chicken stock done for the soup – this is going to be hard, it does smell good when its been on a while – I could liquidise it I suppose? Might try a small cup of chicken stock, that wouldn’t be cheating. Looking forward to it tomorrow.

Sticking with tea and fizzy water today, and trying to drink loads of plain water – I just don’t drink enough!

Not long til dinner time tomorrow eh, Audrey, are you going to keep liquid until then,isnt that what we did last week? Stop counting the minutes, Milena!!!!! And stop planning meals for the weekend, sheer masochism!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels – didn’t Kate Moss say that? Obviously not a chocolate lover!

Yes milena I am trying to last till 5 tomorrow that will be 48 hrs again. I have started eating a lot of rhubarb and I think it’s helping me, it is so low calorie I can eat lots…. also quite good for food transition if you get my meaning!

Hoping for another good loss this week, would love to get under 10,5 stone then I am at my lowest for years so using that as motivation. …was 10st 12 last weigh in just 5 lbs to go. …then if I get to 144 I have lost 30 lbs. Only 8 more to go! The list goes on all the way down to 135 healthy bmi. Seems a lot but little steps….

Keep on drinking, I am here with you, we can do this together ….

Audrey

Hi all

Hi PJ

Yes I believe banning food makes you want it all the more, I probably have less of them though.

I tend to estimate food on NFDs although I do could some things and I know my calories quite well. As long as I head for under my calorie goal this seems to work. I prefer to use calorie goal set by my fitness pal, most of the time I am quite a bit under but occasionally I go over, I tend to look at the rough average. I always used to do a Monday and Weds fast but a low calorie Friday a bit line NEMum. At the moment I am fasting on Monday, Weds and Fri. This is because I find losing over the summer quite difficult. I shall soon go back to my original method. Winter I seem to be OK.

I have made a co cous decision that I want to lose about half a stone before Christmas to take me under 15 stone and still want to be under 15 stone in January. Next year I want to slow the loss up to let my skin catch up with me. I am heading for about two to two and half stones for the whole of next year but also getting toned up.

Hi Nemum

Good luck for your sober October. I would join you but as I don’t drink it wouldn’t really mean much.

Milena just keep busy the day will soon pass.

Ginette

Viewing 50 posts - 5,451 through 5,500 (of 7,330 total)

You must be logged in to reply.