HELP! All ladies of a 'certain age'-please respond

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
HELP! All ladies of a 'certain age'-please respond

This topic contains 7,289 replies, has 660 voices, and was last updated by  Opal Shine 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 5,201 through 5,250 (of 7,330 total)

• Audrey,
    thanks for the warm welcome and the congrats. Shared joy is something I appreciate very much. I had been to another forum before yet did not feel good there because of the energy. People would – what I perceived as – mostly “lecture” patronizingly instead of sharing among equals.

Fran,
    I am new here and sorry to read about your actual situation. I will light a candle for you today. There is something I would like to share with you privately and if you’re interested you can contact me (I left my mail in my profile information, if you do not feel comfortable with that, it is perfectly okay, too). There is no way to IM on here, is there? At least I could not find it.

Have a great day all!
    FFF!
    M

I want to say thank you to you Audrey and everyone. I was a little more successful last time. I am retaining water and feel bloated. Has anyone tried diuretics? I don’t drink caffeinated coffee anymore and that was an effective diuretic. Any ideas?

It may be presumptuous but you are in my thoughts Fran.

Morning applecrisp

I like to drink a big glass of warm lemon water every morning, I think it helps with water retention. I have a container that I squeeze my lemons into then mix some into a glass with water. Hope this helps x

Audrey

Applecrisp, cider vinegar in water before meals helps me with it (also against the bloating). The method matching your nick, even 😉 I am having the lemon water in the evening, Audrey 🙂

Fran, I answered, hope I was not sent to spam folder.

Himalyan salt is a great salt to use as it helps NOT to retain water. Get rid of any other salt and drink enough water, some 2 litres a day. Diuretics are contra-productive as you will also lose many minerals with a lot of water your cells need. I never eat from packages, except for salami or sausages and I’m always sorry afterwards because it makes me retain water and it takes me three days to eget rid of the excess. Same with Chinese take-away. Of course I am grateful to my body for doing this for it is protection of the cells. E621 (ve-tsin) is notorious for this effect on ones body. it may be this salt that is causing these problems.

Thanks, I have lemon on hand. I am frustrated because I had an easier go of it last time. I have been at it about six weeks and not really seen much. This time is for my health and I want to be physically stronger so I am walking and exercising more.

I think I am a little impatient right now so need the support.

Hi all, Thanks so much Mahalo for the link. My problem is that I haven’t quite figured out how to order the English book. I’ve tried clicking on what I believe to be the ” add to cart” but no luck checking out. If you could take a look at the payment process I’d so very much appreciate the help. I would love to be able to get hold of the English book. Losing weight is such an overwhelming adventure, I could use all the help I can get.
    Applecrisp, you’re not the least bit presumptuous, just incredibly thoughtful. I thank you for your kind
    words. This forum has shown me that the world is full of kind, friendly, sweet, and generous people. It has proven to me that regardless of anything else that may go on from day to day, in this world, the good still far outweighs the bad. ( in more ways than one, haha)
    Love to you all
    Fran xx

🙂
    Fran, sent you a message.

@all
    this exchange “in the background” was about a self-publisher’s book that is not linked to IF and only available via the author’s website.

In for my second fast this week.

Something I like to share with you who also like working with visualizing: There is a fun website called modelmydiet dot com. I had done that last year to motivate myself with “before” and “after”-shots right away 😉 The result is to be seen here (83.5 kg 75 kg and 63 kg)

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm23/Schneeship/835%20-%20749%20-%20630_zpso1i0hsh1.jpg

The shoes are not mine, though 😉

Wishing all of you a happy day and Fabulous Fasting Flow
    M

Mahalo

I too am fasting today, I have had a very tricky week this week and haven’t managed to do a 500 day yet. I start off with good intentions but then hunger strikes or life gets in the way and I somehow fall off the 5 2 wagon!

My BFF came yesterday and brought me home made cake…… she makes the best cakes light n fluffy to die for so I ate mine all up so yesterday’s good day turned bad hehe.

Today I am planning a liquid only day fingers crossed that its a successful one!

Good luck to you today,

applecrisp I hope you are doing ok, have you tried the lemon yet?

Fran,

All the best keep on going you are in my thoughts and prayers daily

Audrey

Audrey,

good luck for the LF! I know what you mean: today is one of those days when I got up hungry and keep having a grumpy, noisy stomach. So I do what I always do then: dreaming of tomorrow and the food I will have then 😉 And I know that the fat cells are attacked very well on those days ^^

Good luck everyone who is in and happy meals to all others
    M

Hi All

Sorry I have been a bit bust lately and not had time for the forum.

Hi Milena

No I don’t think our bodies are getting used to it, I think it is more that we are a bit slack on non fast days. I have gone back to 4:3 now and I am more careful about treats I have on NFDs.

Hi Mahalo

Welcome to the thread. I have a similar app called my model. You put in your start weight and your end weight and then your current weight. It shows in model form how far you have come and how far you have to go. This can be very motivating. The app is free.

Hi Applecrisp

I am sorry to hear about your bad experiences on the forum before. It does happen from time to time but these people generally don’t last too long. There were two people who have left this year who were being overbearing and unkind. Sadly also one of the people that they were being unkind to has also left. As Fran says the people on hear and nice, encouraging and supportive. This is what you need to help you. I hope you find this a much better experience.

Hi Fran

Nice to see you back in circulation. I am so sorry that it is going to take such a time for your op. Maybe you can lose so much weight in this time you won’t need it.

I did the fast beach diet. This was for six weeks. I fasted 3 days a week, cut out all sweet treats apart from three is the weeks when I went out for a meal and had a small ice cream for dessert. I don’t drink alcohol so this wasn’t a problem, I also calorie counted for the six weeks. In this time I lost 16lb, the publicity is that you can lose up to 12lb. I know that this was strict but it worked for me. I also had my Sunday dinner every week and had something like fruit or yoghurt for dessert. Maybe if you feel you can do it, it may work for you. It has had really good results from other people as well.

Hi Audrey

Ah well, these things are sent to try us. You will get back to it. I missed the lemon discussion and I assuming you are talking about lemon in a glass of water. I did read and I have also heard that you should start the day with this. I find it too sour so personally I would add a tiny amount of stevia in there. Lemon is one of my favourite flavours.

Hi again Mahalo

Yes it helps that it is just a day.

Hi Nemum, haven’t seen you in a while, I know you will be busy now with the children on holiday, so I hope to see you here soon. Annabelle how are you doing?

Ginette

Hi Everyone

Been a bit preoccupied lately. Had a small op on my foot and am now recovering, heavily bandaged but with some of it being removed tomorrow. I thought I would make the op day a FD but after the anaesthetic I was so hungry that I just ate. I can walk around the house but will be unable to do any walking or exercise for a couple of weeks so will have to try to be careful but we all know what boredom does! I tried HIT exercise before the op and can testify that it does work and got me off my plateau. Unfortunately with enforced idleness I think I will be back on the plateau but hopefully it will be short lived.
    I was very impressed Ginette with you doing the Fast Beach Diet and well done on the weight loss. A bit too strict for me I think.
    I hope I can maintain the status quo with weight, not looking for any loss as life is not normal at the moment, but if I can just maintain for 2 weeks then when I get the all clear I can start again.
    Good luck everyone with your weight journeys.

Annabelle

Hi Annabelle

Sorry to hear about your limited walking. Yes I agree the Fast beach would be too much for you at the moment. I think people need to have done 5:2 for 2/3 months before even thinking about it. I had just had a slow weight loss (my own fault) for a couple of weeks before I did this. I was surprised at the amount of weight I lost. It was something that only lasted for six weeks as that was good for me.

I have recently stepped up again to 4:3 as I was losing more slowly than I wanted to. I like to lose between 4 – 8lbs a month. I have just been losing the 4 but I would led ally like to lose 1 or 2lbs more than that. I have such a lot to lose I need to be strict.

My son is just trying Hiit now, he started this week. I hope it helps him as well.

I hope you recover soon and nice to see you back on the forum.

Ginette

Best wishes to all who are physically or motivationally limited at the moment.

Talking about it is only one (F)day… I am thinking about a 4 day’s water fast from tomorrow until Tuesday. Has anyone of you, ladies, tried that before? I have not and would be interested in other’s attitude/undergoing.

Is there something you like to share with me about your experiences or opinions?

I am not really sure whether I can go through four or three days. Have not done it so far.

A wonder-ful day
    and FFF! to all fasters
    M

Annabelle

Sorry to hear about your foot, hope you are now on the mend and feeling better welcome back.

Mahalo

4 day water fast! My goodness it seems a bit extreme I could not do it, I didn’t manage a 24 hr water fast yesterday. Good luck let me know how long you go for.

Audrey

😉
    Audrey, I do not fully trust myself in that either…
    *whistle* :-°

Thing is, I have some inflammation process going on in my left hand/thumb. So I was wondering whether a “real” fast – I mean fully liquid only – can help with that. Read about impacts like this. (Aware, that this is not a substitute for seeing a doc, which I will next week anyway, of course!)

I will let you know in any case what I am up to (or go through or skip hi hi ^^).

Nice week-end to all
    M

Hello everyone.
    Who is Brian? Came through on email with magic 3 week weight loss programme making fantastic claims. Sounds like a scam to me and how did he get on to our thread?
    Foot progressing well and thank you for your good wishes. Can now get a shoe on and drove to the shops today. Freedom.
    I must thank you all for being such a supportive and encouraging group especially GINETTE K, AUDREY and NEmum.
    This thread is so friendly and there is always someone to answer a query or give helpful advice so thank you ladies.
    I’m off FD until next week but hope you are all doing well.

Annabelle

Hi Annabelle

Thank you for your kind words. Yes, we do get spam here from time to time, if you think it is you can click on report post, the tech team are really good and will soon remove it. If you have any other problems and want to contact tech team scroll down to the bottom and there is a link to email them with any questions. They helped me out on a couple of occasions and I have also reported some posts. I hope this helps. In fact scrolling back I cannot see that post so this has obviously happened.

That must feel great to be really mobile again, also it is so nice to be independent. Try not to overdo things though as we all try to run before we can walk (excuse the pun).

I am pleased to say that I have lost 3lbs this week and that means I have now lost over the 4 stone mark and I am down in to the 15 stone but obviously right at the top. Next target is 15.7. I say this not to be congratulated but to let anyone just starting out or maybe just browsing and thinking about it that it IS possible. I am quite strict, but I do have treats on NFD and I also have the occasional meal out. I have cut right down on the amount of carbs I eat. This is probably also helping.

I never thought I could lose this much so it is as much a surprise to me as it is to you.

Mahalo

I am so sorry to say that I don’t think a water day will help your finger, go to the chemist and ask them they will probably be helpful.

Have a good weekend all.

Ginette

A little status report on my waterfast 😉

Today I have 1,5 days done so far. (It is 1:30 p.m. now.) My plan is to keep going until Tuesday evening. Wednesday I will slowly break the fast with fruits and veggies.

I’ve felt pretty tired over the period, even had a nap yesterday afternoon yet am just hanging out at home in a relaxed mode. No sports for me during the WF. I woke up with no feeling of hunger this morning. I went to bed at 10 p.m. yesterday with no hunger-feelings either and woke up at 5 a.m. Went back to sleep again until 7.

Hard is…
    …that I do miss my coffee a lot, though 😉 Coffee keeps me motivated during the 5:2-FDs. And, yessss, I look forward to having my first cup again on Wednesday. I am okay with “thinking of food” because I always think what I will eat on Thursday or Friday. That helps me a lot. (Like when doing 5:2 it’s always comforting that you are able to have some yummy food s o o n. And anything is yummier than water, isn’t it!)

I am open to ending this any time in case I start to feel bad healthwise. Right now I am doing okay. Am curious myself how the next two and a half days are going to be like. I am not working on Monday and Tuesday so I can stay in the slow mode.

Wishing all of you a wonderful Sunday.

M

Hi all,

I am going away to mums then on holiday so will not be in touch for next few weeks.

Stay strong and support each other good luck to all

Audrey

I am 58 and the menopause and also underactive thyroid plus not being able to walk anymore than 50 metres means its pretty much up to how much I eat at the moment. I do my first weigh in tomorrow after my first week of 5.2 so we will see. I am not expecting great results if any on the scales but my tummy fat is shrinking and my clothes are getting looser . A good sign for me. I put on 20 kilos with a 3 month stint in hospital and years of cortisone about 5 years ago and nothing has helped to get the weight down except that I tried 5.2 last year just before a special event and I lost 7kgs so that was good at the time. I put it back on with our holiday home afterwards. So I am determined to give this another good go. I have been on 150mg of thyroxine for about 20 years for my thyroid so it is a battle. I also have read that cortisol effects weight and sleep. No sleep,no real weight loss. I believe that to,the way my body goes anyway. I will try the Q10 again but I found it gave me migraines the liver didn’t cope. I do find however that probiotics and Digestive enzyme go a long way in helping with weight loss and lots of Magnesium forte to keep everything going well. I will be looking at ways I can do more movement at least. I read that most who leave all their calories for dinner on fast day,do real well. May see how this woks for me tomorrow. I just stick to my 500 for fast and water and green tea and then my 1800 I can have for non fast day but keep it non processed and all fresh. I am determined to keep trying. All the very best ladies in your journeys and hope that we can all encourage and inspire each other. I believe good oils and fats are good on non fast days to. Sorry to ramble. I am a very newbie and needing ideas on best way to go. Thanks all.

Have a nice time Audrey and enjoy the time with your Mum. I hope the weather is good for you. A friend of mine drove to Devon and the first day she got there it tipped with rain all day, much the same as where I am. The weather will perk up I am sure.

See you when you get back.

Ginette

Hi Gen

Our posts must have crossed. Well all I can say that it has certainly worked for me.

I am one of those people that normally eat in the evening. I occasionally have some fruit either melon or strawberries about 3.30 ish if I really want something. If not I wait until my dinner.

You lost a lot of weight when you did it before so you know that you can do it again.

Now the sleep issue is interesting. Have you tried Paul McKennas I can help you sleep cd. It really does help and like me I think that you probably feel that you take enough meds already.

What were you hoping to get from Q10? If it upsets your system is it worth it?

Whereabouts in the world are you I am in England.

Diet is the key thing for eight loss exercise does help but not as much as diet.

I would suggest the my fitness pal app. It gives you realistic calorie goals. Depending on your height it might be lower. I found that the suggested TDEE on this site was too high for me, it gave me over 2000 but I was really overweight. The my fitness pal asks how much you want to lose a week on setting it up. My target is always 1lb I think this is achievable. This works my calorie allowance out currently at 1520 I have over 5 stone to lose and I am 5ft 5ins tall. This is very achievable for me and I always use it to count fast day foods.

it is a really useful app as well.

Good luck and at least you have company on your journey now.

Ginette

Hi ladies 🙂

it’s day 4 and my last day of water- and tea-fast. I am fine yet happy to break the fast tomorrow morning. Coffeeeeee 😉 and fruits, yay! I have done this for the first time in my life and was surprised that is was not half as bad or exhausting as I had thought. Okay, there are people doing water-fasts for weeks. That is still hard to imagine (for me).

I like to share something else about water. Saw it on TV yesterday and was quite blown away. Maybe you already know this. For those who have not heard about it before: The 42 year old Sarah Smith was suggested to drink 3 liters of water and only water for four weeks. She could eat what she wanted during that period. The advice came from her physician and was meant to help her with her regular migraines. At the end of the water-cure the migraines had gone, she looked much better than before. I mean, Gee… She did that one year ago.

The TV report I saw was about a reporter who tested that method herself. She had similar results: looked better, felt better and lost weight while eating what she felt like. A dermatologist measured her facial skin before and after. Her wrinkles had lost depth, some were even gone. (She was 30-something, though).

The thing is – again: no coffee. No other beverage than still water. Period.

Maybe someone of you feels inspired to test that, too. I might some weeks or months from now. Would be interesting what results 50+ agers get.

Wishing all of you a happy day – feast or fast
    Mahalo

Hi ladies, Well once again I find myself full of new happenings in my life. First and foremost, I received my appointment for bariatric assessment. It’s Sept 2. Under the present circumstances this is extremely fast.
    I will be put through a battery of tests to determine if I’m a suitable candidate. This conclusion is arrived at by a number of phycological as well as physical examinations. This includes for some reason, an overnight
    sleep apnea test. I must start blood glucose monitoring and keep a log of all my results. I must immediately start a rigorous weight loss plan involving protein shakes and clear chicken broth. If I do all this, who knows, I may make myself ineligible for the surgery anyway due to the drop in my BMI. If I go below 35, even with my preexisting health conditions I’ll simply not be ” fat ” enough. How about that!! Maybe I’ll just stick to the protein shakes and avoid the whole thing. Then after I’ve lost about 40 pounds, I’ll be able to have my vascular surgery. It’s certainly something to go for. After all, who wants to complicate their lives unnecessarily. What do you ladies think of this? Myself, I’m pretty stoked.
    Have a great week everyone.
    Fran xx

Hi Fran

I was just about to go to bed when I saw your brilliant news, yes I think that the weight loss would be brilliant and as you have to do it anyway you may as well carry on and lose the weight without surgery (the sleeve) and then you will be quickly ready for your other op.

It sounds like a brilliant plan and I’m really thrilled for you. People do lose quickly on these and then you can 5:2 it again when you have lost enough. This way you won’t put it back on, of course you eventually need to go to 6:1 maintenance plan.

I’m behind you all the way and willing you on.

I am willing myself to get down to a bmi of 35 and I do know that in England as well that means you don’t qualify for surgery. Not that I ever wanted it, I like my food too much. This way I can be strict to whittle away the pounds but I do know there will come a time that I too shall be on 6:1 but it will take a fair bit longer than you as I still have about 70 lbs to lose.

I have lost 44 since January on a mixture of 5:2 and some 4:3 so you can do this!! 🙂

Ginette

Fran,
    I am wishing you the best from my heart for all that lies ahead.

And best to all of you in this thread.

M

Hi Preciousbooboo,
    I am 53 and have been slim and at times down right skinny most of my life. Then menopause came and all of a sudden I am 10kg heavier, mostly around the midline and back. I have always been quite fit but I find this menopausal weight gain is very difficult to fight. I am only on my second fast day and I have done pretty well with sticking to it. My biggest problem is sleeping when I am hungry. I am only going to weigh myself occasionally as I feel that we put too much into the weight thing as opposed to the inches. My gym instructor said that you get a much better idea of toning and weight loss through measuring inches, that is if you are working out of course. Maybe do some light weights as the more muscle you have the higher your metabolic rate and the more calories you will burn at rest. Good luck and don’t give up!!

Hi Abs

Nice to see you here, I take it that the fact you are calculating in Kilos means that you are not in the UK.

I have had problems sleeping as well and it got so bad that I bought Paul McKennas I can help you sleep book which came with a cd. I found this really helped. If you put Paul McKenna I can help you sleep free download I think it may be available free – I only found this out recently.

I really don’t like to eat breakfast so now I never eat this. I eat later in the day and may have a piece of fruit early but I tend to have my meal in the evening so this way I am not hungry. I find that when I used to eat breakfast this triggered my hunger and was counter productive.

Yes I agree it is really important to measure the inches. Have you tried Hiit exercise, this is interval training and has some good results especially with belly fat which I have and so I am looking to sign up to a local gym to reduce it.

I do weigh and log my weight once a week as I find this helps. If I have stayed the same for a couple of weeks which has just happened I change to 4:3. This kickstarts weight loss again. So it works as a motivator for me. But obviously we are all different I am too curious to leave it any longer. For weeks like this week where unusually I have had a Chinese takeaway and I shall have a meal out tomorrow I weigh myself in between because I may need to add another fast day.

Mahalo

Well done on you water fast. Do you know yet if you lost weight or feel that your clothes are looser?

Hi Nemum and Annabelle, how are you doing?

Ginette

Ha ha, your post made me smile for the day !!!

Hi Janet, Hi all

How are you all doing?

Ginette

Hi all,

Oh I have been so naughty and completely forgot about 5:2 diet for a few weeks while on hols (Bristol is great) and rushing about keeping the children busy but I am SO pleased that I have only put on 3lb of the 9lb that I had lost … so pleased.

So now, I’m getting back to it, I had a sneaky half hour to myself this morning and reread bits of Michael Mosely’s book. I am inspired and ready to go for tomorrow.

I would just like to say that this is the first diet that I have had a break from and actually gone back to, so there must be something in this. Also NEdad (not exactly slim himself) has been so taken with my weight loss and change in body shape that his is now going 5:2 aswell, he had his first fast yesterday and it went well for him, so proud of him.

How is everyone else fairing in the summer (unless you’re in Oz)

NEmum

Hi Nemum

Well that is great news, that isn’t too much and it tends to come off more quickly after doing 5:2. I am glad the Nedad is doing it with you as that will make it easier and more fun. Be warned though that men tend to lose quicker than women, it doesn’t seem fair does it.

I am glad he got through his first fast ok.

Ok, I have just ordered some Heck Italia sausages and they are coming tomorrow. It looks as if I might have a cooked breakfast soon although for dinner. As they are only 117 for two and have good reviews I thought that they would fit in nicely with a couple of eggs, bacon, tomatoes and mushrooms. Ideal for a fast day, don’t you think? I shall report back when I have tried them. I also have ores the low calorie noodles from tesco so I shall be trying them soon.

Nice to see you back Nemum. I look forward to hearing how things are going for you and Nedad x

Ginette

Hi Nemum

Well done!, I was in Bristol last year, seriously impressed with the Town, and all those eating places. You did so well! I think we are going there in September.

Seems 5:2 gets under the skin, I can hardly remember the last time I had chocolate, and the cake shelf has been empty for a long long time – good though to have men around who have given up their sweets for me!

That 3 lbs will be gone before you know it!

Milena
    Thank you for your encouragement, I am hoping to see that 3lb melt away this week so I cang et back to this seriously. am really pleased my hubby is joining me but slight miffed that he gets 600 calories in a fast day, I shouldn’t have told him that!

How have you been getting on?

Fran
    Did I read right that you might not need bariatric surgery to be eligible for your vascular surgery? That would be fantastic if you could do it on your own, I already voiced my concerns about the permanence of bariatric surgery, so power to you to do it on your own.

So good to see so many new names in here too, welcome and good luck, I have found this forum so supportive, to encourage me in my weeks of not losing weight and celebrate with me in my losses.

Ginette
    How are you doing?

NEmum

Ginette,
    I am a dozey mare … I didn’t see your reply to me before Milena’s one. Thankyou for that.
    Those sausages sound intriguing, hope they go well with your egg and tomato. You’ll have to let us all know how they taste, it could be a fast day favourite.

and yes I am preparing myself for NEdad to lose weight quickly, I see it as a win win – I’ll get encouragement and a more gorgeous hubby!

NEmum

Hi Milena

Hi Nemum

I lost 5lbs last month so not bad. I would like this to be 6 although I always said a minimum of 4 was the least I wanted to lose. So far I have managed that, not bad going after 6 months.

I will let you know how they taste. I saw a documentary on the company about a year ago. They are more expensive than normal ones and obviously had more calories until now.

Worth trying anything within reason if it helps. I had an unusual fast day meal yesterday. A small 100g tin of salmon, when I weighed it, it was 94g a couple of chopped tomatoes and lettuce and an omelette with two eggs. It was really nice so I may get two or three more tins. I just fancied a change.

Are you and hubby both doing the same days?

Ginette

Ginette,

I think we will do the same days, I was going to do yesterday, but held of until today so we could do it together. But his eating is so restricted with what he won’t eat, that chances are we won’t be eating the same things either. He would not touch my 100 calorie soup for example, of which I have a pan boiling now. On a trip to Asda yesterday evening there was lots of pre cut veg reduced, so I got 500g each of parsnips, butternut squash and carrots for 17p each … tee hee .. the small things make me so happy, with the addition of some celery and onions it came to 740 calories, so I popped in some lean bacon to make it up to 800 and then that will do me for 8 fast day lunches.

This morning for fast day breakfast, I don’t normally touch cereal, I looked at some boxes that I’d bought for my boys and the puffed wheat (plain) was 57 calories for 15g, and let me tell you 15g was quite a bowlful, together with 125ml of soya milk I feel really pleased with my 100 calorie breakfast. Let’s see how long it fills me up for.

Ginette, I like my tinned fish on fast days too, great when mixed with veg, raw or stir fried (1 cal spray).

Oh I feel good to be fasting again!

NEmum

Hi Nemum and all

I just wanted to report on the Heck sausages in the UK.

Well I have tried the Heck Chicken Itala sausages tonight as part of a fast day meal. They don’t taste like chicken but they are really nice I also can’t taste the mozzarella. They were very meaty and filling although maybe I should have had 4. They are 36 calories each and well worth the price. Tomorrow I shall have the same meal again I enjoyed it so much. So I would give it a 5 star rating. There are 10 in a pack. They are about the size of a chipolata.

Have a nice weekend all.

Ginette

Ginette
    Thank you for the update, sounds like those sausages are definitely worth a try. I’m always up for new tastes on a fast day.

NEmum

Hello everyone

Feeling very fed up at the moment. Since foot operation to remove screw have been unable to get back on the diet. I start the day well but just after lunchtime it all seems to go wrong. I think I have not got my brain around it yet but don’t know why. Also other side of foot is painful (arthritis) and difficult to walk. I keep telling myself that if I lose weight the foot will not be so painful but at the moment it’s not working. Arrrrg. Sorry to grumble but I know one of you lovely ladies will post something positive to lift my spirits. I think I must be a bit bored but have no reason to be. The sun is shining here and there is nothing wrong with me, except the foot, and that’s not the end of the world.
    Feel a bit better now I have got that off my chest.
    On a completely different subject has anyone got any advice re smartphones and/or tablets? I have a very basic smartphone but it has a very small memory and every time I try to download something it says there isn’t enough memory and it is not possible to uninstall the preloaded apps.

Sorry forgot to sign off.

Annabelle

Hi Nemum

Yes give those sausages a go. Well worth a try for fast days and also to have something that looked like a breakfast was nice. I have got three for today as I will have a slice of bacon with them, again with mushrooms, tomatoes and eggs. All good.

Hi Annabelle

Yes these things can be slow to heal and very frustrating, also being inactive leads to picking, I did the very same with a knee injury.

I ended up getting out my Wii and playing table tennis so I get a bit of exercise. I was able to do this sitting in a chair.

Doing something positive helps, catch up with that shredding, or anything that you can do sitting down. Tidy some drawers all those things you normally would put off. Make a list of things you can do and then tick them off.

Maybe be inventive with low calorie recipes. I always make myself a sugar free jelly, not that I am diabetic but it does help with sweet cravings, I have this with half a yoghurt. Delicious!!

Write out a recipe book of low calorie recipes that you look up. It all helps us get into that mindset.

Try to do 6:1 which is a fast day one a week if you can’t do 5:2.

Post on the forum more often, we are here to support you.

We all go through these times and you will soon come out the other side. Chin up Xx

Ginette

Hi Annabelle

Here is the Which review of tablets. This magazine is in England (sorry I can’t remember where you are).

http://www.which.co.uk/technology/computing/reviews/tablets/best-buy/table/

This is based on consumer reports.

I have the iPad Air as it happens, that was just coincidence. I also have an iPhone, I am not one to keep changing so I bought the 64gb in both phone and iPad as the newer things seem to require more and more space.

I had an iPhone as my first smart phone, this was passed down from my son. Now I am amused to see he is using an old iPad and an old phone of mine. I changed both when I was made redundant as I thought it would be a while before I could afford to to this. The iPad Air I bought new, the iPhone I bought from eBay.

I use my iPad daily and I read newspaper on it I have a couple of magazines on it and I also use it to read ebooks and play scrabble. Of course I use it to come on the forum receive emails and look on the Internet. I am sure there are other good ones out there. I can only speak about mine though.

If you are in the ok I hear that the tesco Hubble has good reviews as well, price wise that is much cheaper only £99.

Ginette

I will now go and see if I can find you a link to smartphones.

Hi Annabelle

Link to best buy smart phones.

http://www.which.co.uk/technology/phones/reviews/mobile-phones/best-buy/table/

Ginette

Ginette
    Gosh you are an absolute marvel. So much information and so quickly I can’t believe it. What a fabulous site this is. You are right I should keep in touch more regularly.
    Thank you so much for all your suggestions. I have a lot to think about now.

Annabelle

Hi Annabelle

I love gadgets and I can even tell you that my phone has a better processing chip than the one before, this makes it more efficient in many ways.

I always look at specifications on things. My son was interested in a particular car so I looked this up and the different specifications to the one he has now.

I took my blood pressure just after as I had forgotten to check my readings earlier. It was the lowest it has been for ages!!

I hope the info helps and at least that will keep your mind of of snacking!!

I have stayed the same this week so hopefully I shall see a loss next week. Although it is annoying to stay the same two weeks in a row, at least I haven’t put on and I hope to lose it next week.

Ginette

Annabelle,
    I feel your frustration, you said “it’s only a sore ankle” but if that’s all you can think of then there is no “just” about it, it can make doing the slightest thing seem like climbing a mountain. I have also been told that losing weight will help my sore knee, and to be honest if an other practitioner says that I may whollop them! It may be true but just so unhelpful to be told, because we know it already.

I like Ginnette’s suggestions, the Wii is great if you have one, my personal favourite is boxing as it can be done without moving the legs and boy I get up a sweat, and I take out frustrations, (like the doctor that told me losing weight would help my knee).

Keep with it, do as much as you can, and if you haven’t done enough today, don’t beat yourself up about it and try again tomorrow as tomorrow is always a fresh start.

Strength to you
    NEmum

Hi Nemum

At the risk of getting a wallop I am going to add a link for you.

I had really painful knees and now having lost some weight I feel they are much easier.

This will be nice to know when you go and see your doctor and they see that you have lost weight. Also at least you don’t have to worry about what they will say, hopefully it will be well done!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3095919/Another-reason-not-diet-Losing-pounds-dramatic-effect-joints-risk-diabetes.html

I hope this makes you feel good and you walk into your doctors with pride. Xx

Ginette

Ginnette,

I would never whallop you lol!

Another great article, and very pleasing to know that only a few pounds can make a difference. So my meager loss is doing my knees some good. The pressure on my knees was brought home to me a few weeks a go, my lovely friend and I went to favourite haunt, the local garden centre, she bought some plants and a 25l bag of compost. After a coffee the lovely man at the garden centre put our buys in the car. At her house I offered to lift the bag of compost into her back garden, which I did and the pain in my knew was immense, and then when I dropped the bag down I walked to the car as light as air and considerably less pain in my knee. So it make me wonder if I lost a large chunk of might weight if I would feel no pain when I walked in my knee.

As for exercise that’s my sore point (!) My local tesco and my youngest boy’s school is just less than a mile away, and I always take the car, because while I am able to just about walk there (slowly and with limp) it is a struggle to walk back and on the occasions I have done it, i’ve burst through my front door in tears with the pain. So I take the car, not what the article suggested I know, but with a little more weight loss I will try the walk to the shops and back again, I’ll stick to exercise with the Wii for just now.

NEmum

Viewing 50 posts - 5,201 through 5,250 (of 7,330 total)

You must be logged in to reply.