Hellooo!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  beccaha 6 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hi, this is my first week & my last day of fasting today. They’ve not been too bad. Had a few hungry moments but it passed. I’m struggling with the evenings…I’ll be in bed by 8 to stop me from eating/thinking about food. How do others cope?
    I’m really hoping this works for me: dieting 24/7 for the rest of my life is unbelievably daunting. This seems much more manageable and realistically easy to stick to, through no counting calories or anything else, most of the time!
    Cheers & happy fasting!

Beckie

Hi Beckie,

Your first week and my 5th week, but our reasons for doing this fast diet seem very much the same.
    We have just finished daylight saving so it’s getting dark by 6pm, so sometimes on fast days I find myself in bed by 7.30! Eek, instant old lady…
    It’s really nice to read through some of the forum posts and have that sense of belonging.
    Happy fasting =)

I’ve often thought of going to bed early myself! If I’m still really hungry in the evening I clean my teeth, so nothing will taste good after that! And a nice soak in the bath with lovely bubbles to take my mind off it. Good luck!

Good luck @beccaha, I’m still new at this (on my 8th week) and while some days I still struggle in the evenings, other evenings have become much easier. I do the same thing as hedgehogs and brush my teeth to reaffirm my not breaking the fast (it’s psychological but it works for me), I watch a show with my husband (and curse every food commercial!!!) and if all else fails, I go to bed. I have learned that going to be hungry is not easy but eventually sleeps comes and by morning, I’m not starving at all.

Good luck in the coming days. Remember that you are only missing a few meals and giving your body a rest. The results are worth it.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I know my issue with eating is boredom so I read a book or go to bed. I don’t find sleeping in issue as I don’t feel hungry. I am thinking of trying next week not eating in the morning at all. My second day was much easier than the first & do find I’m not eating as much the next day. Have to wait until weight & measure day to see what’s going on!
    Happy fasting!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.