Hello Southern Hemispherites!!

This topic contains 27,901 replies, has 831 voices, and was last updated by  thinatlast 12 hours, 49 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 19,651 through 19,700 (of 28,005 total)

• Hi All,

Rosy, I don’t envision myself ever practicing a regimented keto diet. Though I steer away from grains, I do enjoy carbohydrates from vegetables. I even eat cold cooked white potatoes in moderation which I know some regard as ‘non-vegetables’. I find they have enough resistant starch not to spike my blood sugar.

My main reason for posting about the two cookie options and related info is that I’ve been one who once regarded fat consumption as a very unhealthy choice. Especially back I was vegan I would eat virtually no fat, not even using olive oil or any dressing on salads. Even more recently I steered away from it and generally have never liked fatty foods. For example when a child I didn’t like ‘butter’, well we never had real butter in our home. My mother only bought margarine. …Maybe that’s why I didn’t like spreading the stuff on toast, at times it grossed me out, for some reason to see the stick of margarine in the butter dish! I would only spread my toast with peanut butter and at least my mother did buy a brand that only contained peanuts and salt and nothing else! I now look back and think maybe my aversion was an aversion to margarine than butter!?! The first butter I remember tasting was as a young adult, probably aged 19 or 20 years old. Maybe the margarine experience was enough to put me off dietary fats altogether!?!?

My aim at the moment is to simply increase my consumption of unrefined saturated and unsaturated fats and lower my carbohydrate intake. I’m not being strict with this. Just moving in that direction has resulted in being able to eat more calories without gaining weight, and I’m pleased about that. As I mentioned above since experimenting with this I find I’m far more satiated and not inclined to snack after a fatty meal or fat laden snack (like the paleo cookie) and that I have more energy (which surprised me). This has enabled me to carry out my physical work duties with less strain and fatigue and more of a spring in my step. In turn, perhaps I’m building more muscle mass and my fat percentage is going down?

Rosy, you asked why I have been getting body scans? …I began getting them for the same reason Thin mentioned, which is because I wanted to find out my visceral fat percentage. Visceral fat is actually the only type of fat that contributes to ill health in the body. Subcutaneous or ‘white’ fat is pretty much benign, so levels subcutaneous fat are pretty innocuous, whether or not they look good underneath our clothing is another matter altogether! In any case, it definitely is visceral fat that is the one to consider and as Thin pointed out, there is no reliable way of measuring this than one of two types of body scans: Inbody (advanced bioimpedence) or through a DEXA scan. Home bioimpedence scales such as Tanita are very unreliable. Only the two above truly give accurate readings.

I first became interested in visceral fat after watching the series ‘How to Stay Young’ hosted by Angela Rippon where visceral fat was discussed at length. Angela, a very healthy 76 or so year old at the time was fit, healthy, played tennis regularly was slim and active and looked to harbor little or no fat around her body found that she had disturbingly high amounts of visceral fat. As I mentioned visceral fat is related to health decline and though Angela wasn’t aware of any ill health, higher than healthy levels of visceral are related to heart disease, strokes, liver impairment and a host of other stresses on the body. Visceral fat wraps itself around organs and puts stress on them. In the series, Angela introduced a method of helping the body to reduce visceral fat, which is to consume high amounts of inulin fiber daily in the diet. So, I began a self-experiment with that. I searched out the original double blind type trial in the medical journals and found that it was necessary to consume 30 grams inulin powder daily to effect a visceral fat reduction. Those in the trial also were put on a calorie controlled diet. Those who added in the inulin shed far more visceral fat than those who simply reduced calories. Those who reduced calories shed more muscle than the dieters who added in the inulin. So I embarked on my own inulin trial and had an Inbody scan at the beginning of the taking of 30 grams and then 6 months down the track. The results were stellar. The 30 grams inulin made a huge difference (though I needed to work up to taking that amount over months, since it is the food which grows a microbiome garden!). Once on the 30 grams I shed visceral and other fat while gaining muscle, all while practicing 5:2.

Anyway, that’s enough from me for today! These are just sideline things I’m experimenting with. I completely agree with Merry who says, 5:2 can work with any type of diet including low fat, high fat, vegan, carnivore, paleo, Zone diet, raw food, etc. I’m just a bit quirky and have fun tweaking! …A bit like a hobby!

Checking in: Today’s weight 57.9 kg and tomorrow is my Friday Fast Day.

Cheers!

CalifD, that’s such a good point you’ve raised about never have to ‘go off’ what we’re doing to accommodate celebrations. I’d never thought of it like that. I’ve never skipped a FD and always found it so easy to incorporate FDs into everyday life just as you say.

Enjoy that TV bingeing! It’s calorie-free.

Minka, I think you’ve missed your vocation as a Dr M. co-host! Thank you for the in-depth explanations. Although I have to say that I’m a bit disappointed that you don’t consider our ‘cardboard test’ a reliable means of measuring visceral fat!

Ditto, I hate cockroaches too.

GDSA, well done on giving up alcohol, that’s a big step.
    Be careful moving furniture out of those bedrooms. If I remember correctly you’ve already had one back injury this year you don’t need another.

Thin, I also lost and regained lots of weight through my teenage years, but the above only records my adult yo-yoing weight. I also had many other attempts to lose weight as an adult but that involved smaller weight losses around 10-20kg. I probably tried a new diet most years.
    Weight watchers do have a free maintenance program, but they decide what your goal weight is and I just couldn’t get to it. I followed the diet and exercised most days and couldn’t get to 64kgs – which is what they’d set as my goal weight. I got stuck around 68kg – I now know it’s because my TDEE is abnormally low and their diet was actually my maintenance TDEE for the high 60kgs. You can’t access their free maintenance program unless you get to the specified goal weight and stay there for 6 weeks (at least those were the rules in the 1980s). Not that it would have worked for me anyway, as it was more food than I was already eating to maintain at 68kg. In the end I got fed up with paying a fee each week to not lose those last 4kg so I left. I maintained for about a year and was quite fit as I was doing both aerobics and weights but as my marriage got rocky my weight followed suit.
    The only other thing that worked well at losing weight and keeping it off was the “French Women Don’t Get Fat” book. It’s not a diet book it’s an approach to food that works for those of us that love food. It’s not a diet it’s an approach to food that doesn’t make food the enemy. You don’t diet, you eat lovely flavourful fresh foods, in season, in modest portions and lots of variety, mindfully so you enjoy every mouthful. For me it started that process of getting most of my food choices healthy and balanced and over about 10 years my weight gradually fell from 147 to somewhere in the 90s without tracking it (as I wasn’t weighing this is a guess based on the sizes I was wearing). As I wasn’t weighing myself at all, I was just trying to be a healthier large person without actually “dieting”. Despite my weight I was quite active and did lots of walking at this time (including long bush walks) and I also did weights and gym classes so I felt quite healthy. Then I got RA and found it impossible to keep exercising as the disease took a few years to be controlled. So I found myself gaining weight again. I’d gotten back up to 127kg before I decided I was ready to finally deal it once and for all. I think my decision to start with counseling was crucial as it allowed me to address all the baggage that came with my weight and gave me some tools to deal with the ingrained thinking and behavioural patterns.
    In a way I’ve come full circle because that mindful good seasonal food approach is what I aim for now in conjunction with 5:2.

Neil you’ve started something here.

My lightest can’t really remember but about 65kg
    Heaviest 1998 – 104.5kg
    Started at Curves 2010 – weight 90.4kg, the lowest I got to was 77.6
    Started 5:2 Feb 2015 – 87.1
    Today’s weight 67.3
    Goal – 60

I have been up and down since early 2017, lowest being 64.5 which didn’t last long and I’ve struggled ever since to get back there but have been happy staying in the 60’s. Whether I get to 60 is another matter but have been consistently weighing and measuring all my food and staying at my TDEE for 60.

Today is an FD. Tomorrow having Yum Cha down in Chinatown with a friend.

I am nearly back to my pre-cruise weight. The morning I left I was 66.5.

Yes, that was my experience too. I lost lots of weight, once I got down to a reasonable weight I would ease off on the diet and then the weight would pile back on.

I guess it was just laziness on my behalf, but this diet really looks like something I can stick to. It has foods I like, and I really don’t feel hungry on the 800 calories a day, I think it will be a real struggle to actually hit the amount of calories that I’m supposed to hit on non fasting days when I actually move off the fast 800 and onto the 5:2 plan

Hi Thin,

Tee, hee! I realize what I really meant to say was that the Inbody scan is much more ‘precise’ than the cardboard test for visceral fat! I think the cardboard test is very reliable for determining whether or not we are carrying a healthy or unhealthy amount of visceral fat. The Inbody scan simply defines the amount in more detail and relates it to other body composition components!

Neil, I’m tracking calories on my 5:2 non-fast days and I’m using the My Fitness Pal app to do so. The fun thing about the app is that I allow myself to add in as many treats or servings of these as my TDEE allows, which makes me feel relaxed rather than regimented. Since using the app and there are others too, like ‘Calorie King’ or ‘Fat Secret’, I’m actually be able to see, sense and get to intuitively know what my TDEE looks likes in the form of food. I like puzzles and I’ve treated it as a kind of daily puzzle challenge. I also learned that the more active I am, that I can add on to the TDEE. When I strictly followed the sedentary TDEE number and was very active, I lost weight quickly, especially practicing the 2 fasting days a week.

Gloucester NSW
    8.50pm Thursday

Hi everyone,

Lovely and cool here today – 25’C, a nice change.

Just spent 2 hours reading all your enlightening posts from 8 Feb, on my mobile. You have all been so busy with lots going on. I couldn’t begin to answer each post as I’d surely lose whatever I write here, just by trying to backtrack!

I feel very happy for all those on a downward trend – good on you, well deserved 😊 Commiserations to all those, including myself, who may be struggling a little. Today was my FD – kitchen closed at 6pm & every morsel accounted for in MFP, even counted one green grape! 628 calories! Best FD this year, but know it has to get better. The scales don’t lie!

Neil – you started this! Thank you
    •Lightest adult weight: 63kg in 1981 (not counting 55kg when seriously ill in 1991 – that was too thin for me)
    •Heaviest 2013: 91.8kg (promised myself would not be 92kg, and started being ‘sort-of’ sensible, there and then)
    •Started 5:2 in Oct 2017: 81.5kg
    •Was down to 71.9kg before July 2018
    •Today: 75.6kg
    •Goal: 63kg

To all those, or loved ones, with health issues, I sincerely wish you all the best for a speedy recovery – it can be challenging at times, so we are all here for you xx

To all those who may be changing, or adjusting, your work vocation, may each of you find just what it is you are after – good things may be just around the corner!

I know I may have missed something or someone, but not intentionally – you are all a great bunch of very kind, supportive, encouraging and informative people and I appreciate each and every one of you – thank you for just being here!

My weekend away was just amazing – lots of happy memories!

Must go. Enjoy whatever you are getting up to and bye for now xx

Good evening guys ! Just had the dreaded needle and cutting down of my cracked molar in readiness for the Crown next week. I hate going to the dentist!
    @Thin we are synchronised today indeed! When I have fasted I wake up between 4.30 am and 5.00 am bright eyed and bushy tailed ! From where did that weird saying ever originate? Anyone who knows me well would crack up laughing at the thought of the original sleeper inner rising at such an ungodly hour ! People at work are so impressed with me arriving at 7.00 am ! At least I get more work done! Fasted again today for my 4th btb liquids only day.
    Thank you lovely people for your kind messages of support re hub’s ctbscan results. Still no news.
    Ok now for some brutal honesty.
    Highest ever weight 86.5 kg but still didn’t start this wol for another 3 months. Lowest ever weight 57 kg, I have a small frame despite my 169 cm in height. Current weight 66.5/kg, bmi 23. something, would like a bmi of 21. Goal weight 60 or 61/kg, not sure. Current weight=66.5 kg.
    Hub is now starting to believe that I have a small frame but didn’t previously. Do you know how to determine if your frame is small, medium or large ? Measure your wrist and enter it on a body frame table.
    Hub hates people in his personal space , avoids concerts, won’t fly economy and likes gold class cinema.
    ‘ The Killing’ is great ! I totally endorse Thin’s recommendation !
    For Valentine’s Hub bought me Queen’s greatest hits CDs and Bohemian Rhapsody DVD!
    @ Minka, fascinating info, thank you ! Your comment re fats being satiating resonated with me as in cardiologist, Arthur Agatston’s book the South Beach Diet, he refers to this. I love olive oil and butter ! I hate margarine and I believe the chemicals in it are unstable. I lost weight on this diet but as it bans certain foods for a long period of time,it doesn’t work, too inflexible!.
    @ Quacka, what is the trend of the new season’s stock you are unpacking?

@minka is inulin similar to Metamucil and from where do you get it ?

@ Thin , I know you’re In maintainance but sometimes I get the impression you fast more than one day a week. Do you vary the amount of fast days ?

Good morning everyone, Melbourne, 6:35am

My turn to wake at 4:30am and not get back to sleep. I need to pick up a granddaughter this morning so I might as well start getting things done. Coffee and 5:2 forum, lovely!

Neil’s game: (lots of ‘around about’ as I was never a weigher or a dieter)

My lowest weight as an adult, is the one I am now: around 50kg.
    I spent most of my adult in the 60 – 70kg range, I’d guess. Sometimes just at the top of my healthy weight range, but more often a bit overweight.

With chronic illness leading to inactivity, and age and sugar addiction on top of that I got to about 83kg about 6 or 7 years ago. That was my highest weight.

I cut out sugar and lost 20kg quite easily, but then plateaued and started putting weight back on. I was around 65kg when I began 5:2 in August 2014.

My current weight is 50 – 52kg and has been so since I hit maintenance in November 2016, sometimes sneaking up a bit higher when I am not looking.

I’d prefer to be 48 – 50kg, which is right at the bottom of my healthy weight range. I haven’t much muscle (forced inactivity) so it is the last flabby bits I’d like to get rid of.

Good morning all 6.44 Sydney.

Quick check in, weight after FD 66.5. 5.4 down from 4/2. All the cruise weight gone plus another 300gms.

Yum Cha today but will have an FD on Sunday.

Have a good day everyone.

Part 2 😉

Cheers Quacka, so glad your scales have started to behave. I hope you found a gorgeous bikini!

LJoyce, that cauliflower cheese pie with a grated crust sounds lovely. So many possibilities on the veggie crust theme.

I love the anti diet books that talk about eating beautiful food and enjoying every mouthful. Hooray for that book “French Women Don’t Get Fat”. And that very early one I was glad to read “Fat is a Feminist Issue” that put eating and body image in a social context.

Hi Gday, cheers for the no alcohol decision, I bet you find it makes a difference quickly. I hope OH doesn’t find it too hard (I know you will be fine!). I hope the carpet laying goes well. Won’t you enjoy that, come the cold weather.

Jumping into the TV conversation, the two I have really enjoyed lately are The Good Place (ABC iview) and Professor T (SBS on demand).

Happy Fast Day Minka, and everyone else having a Friday Fast (or Thursday if it is Cali or Penguin).

Thin, yes, I love how fast days can be incorporated into everyday life. That is the key to how well it works, I think.
    Neil, this is why I am sure you will be able to stick to it. 5:2 waiting patiently for when you have done enough 800 a day, and when you get to your goal weight you can just decide how it will fit into life then. I still do 5:2 for maintenance but you will work out what suits you. It is a nice, sustainable, do-able, longterm, way of eating.

Happy day-after-fast-day Intesha, enjoy yum cha!

Arelkade, I am so glad you had a wonderful weekend away. Best wishes for a great rest of the week.

Hi Rosy, dentists are stressful, but hooray for the wonderful work they can do to help us. Good luck with that crown.

I’m another one who always hated margarine and stuck to butter. But a thin scrape is enough for me. Sugar was always my weakness, rather than fat. (I’m not even much of a cheese eater!)

Well, a nice lull day for me. I’m off to make breakfast and then it will be time to play with a 2yo. Best wishes to everyone.

Hi guys, me checking in at 5.00 am, the alarm is set for 6.00 am ! @cinque I don’t have a sweet tooth more of a fat and alcohol tooth. Just love sparkling white wine, Brie, salami and olives. I know they are not good for me and if I have them, only on my 2 nf days. My gp did tell me to ear calcium rich food for my bones.
    Gosh Cinque you have a tiny weight, well done !

What is everyone’s bmi ,recent height measurement and small, medium or large frame ( frame is nothing to do with height). Should you be an ectomorph, mesomorph or endomorph?

My latest BMI measurement is 38, height is 1.80 meters (5’11” in the old money) and I’ve got a large frame, which is why I don’t pay too much attention to BMI.

The BMI calculation doesn’t take into account sexual dimorphism, frame size or muscle mass, a woman the same height as me should be the same weight as me according to BMI, but men have more muscle mass than women and also have denser bones to support the extra muscle. A study of over 500 men and woman found that the men had on average 72.6 pounds of muscle mass (33 kilograms) while the women had 46.2 pounds (21 kilograms)

I think body fat percentage is a better measure of where you should be. For men you should be between 14% and 24% for a healthy weight, for women it’s 21%-31%

BMI is 22.1 if I figure I’m sedentary. I think my frame is small to medium.

Rosy, I have a sweet tooth, a sour tooth and I think a salty tooth too. At least sometimes. I really need to cut down on sweets, especially late in the day.

It’s a lovely day in Sydney, sunny and 27. Perfect!

Well a nice drop on the scales after yesterday’s FD – down 400g to 86.3. 85’s here we come!

Working from home so I was able to go on the big walk with Maxx and hubby this morning. Maxx was pulling like a stream train so I took the lead and he looked up at me, sighed and started walking nicely. Normally I have to battle with him for a few minutes before he gives up but already he realises that when Mum has the lead he has to behave. Hubby just lets him pull and pull and then complains about how ‘my’ way of training doesn’t work. It’s hard work training both of them! I heard hubby mutter into Maxx’s neck as he was clipping him into the car for the trip home ‘so you’re an angel when Mum’s around huh?’. Tee hee 🙂

Intesha, amazing that you have already been able to shift the cruise gain. I am so impressed! I have to fight hard for every 100g but it will be worth it

Rosy, I too have a savoury/fat/alcohol tooth. I can sit and look at chocolate and other sweet things all day long and not be very tempted.

Hi everyone else, I have to dial into a conference call but hopefully will be back later. Good luck to the fasters!

Hi everyone, quick drop-in while I’m on the computer. Had a few indulgent, but not excessively so, days at the weekend and early in the week – added 1.4 kg on the scales. Followed that with a FD & a CD almost exactly 1200 cals, and only dropped 0.2 kg. I blame the hot cross buns :). Anyway, another FD today, and here’s hoping the scales will show a difference tomorrow morning. Also walking a lot more intentionally.
    Lowest weight as an adult: 57 kg (for about 3 years early twenties)
    Heaviest weight 88 kg, but that’s when I always put on the brakes, so I don’t stay there long.
    Most of the past 20-30 years have been in the low 80s, with occasionally drops to around 70 kg, but haven’t stayed there more than 12 months at a time
    Started 5:2 late November 2018 at 86.4 kg, another putting on of the brakes, and joined the forums from December 2018
    Current weight (because of blip) 81.4 kg
    Goal weight: 54 kg. It needs to be lower than my lowest adult weight to be a healthy BMI, as I am shorter now by 2 cms.

Have a mindful weekend everyone!

Maxx knows that mom is pushing for the obedience classes so he figures he better shape up when mom has the lead. He figures Dad is Mr. Nice Guy so he can run renegade over him, and they can just be a couple of wild and crazy guys! 🤪 You need to get them both off to obedience training! 😁 Did you formally accept that position with your old employer or are you still considering your options?

Rosy, hope you hear something about OH’s scan soon. Is he still feeling pain? Hoping that no news is good news and whatever it was has passed.

Neil, I think bodyfat is a good measure as well because muscle uses more calories to maintain than fat does. It’s just harder to measure bodyfat accurately at home. While a person with a lot of muscle might weigh more, they look more trim and clothes fit better.

Intesha, congrats on getting rid of the cruise weight so quickly!

Cinque, I was just watching Gardening Australia and they mentioned a plant called murnong – otherwise known as yam daisy. I hadn’t realised that the name for your food project actually came from a native food plant.
    https://www.anbg.gov.au/apu/plants/micrlanc.html

Hi everyone, just checking in.
    9.35pm Friday

I’m an endomorph – ‘high body fat, often pear shaped, high tendency to store body fat, slower metabolism, difficult to lose weight – needs high fat & protein, and low carb diet’ – per Google search. Sounds just like me!
    Ht 159cm, Wt 75.4kg, BMI 29.8, Body fat 43.1% – looking forward to being a whole lot smaller, one day in the future!

I hope you all have a lovely weekend. Bye for now xx

Finally got to read the posts since my last one yesterday. I’ve spent three days getting ready for our garage sale. These are mostly items that aren’t suitable for gumtree i.e. plenty of stuff that nobody needs but might just buy on impulse. Just waiting for my gf to arrive with her ‘junk’. I both dread it and look forward to it at the same time. We always have loads of fun joking with our ‘customers’ – but it’s so much work.

Rosy, glad you like “The Killing”. Which episode are you up to? It was incredibly good acting in the first few episodes and they addressed that very sensitive issue so well I thought. Quite confronting. Now we’re well into season 2 and OH won’t watch it any more because he says it’s turned into a soap opera. I sort of agree but now I’m hooked! Keen to hear where you’re up to.

Enjoyed all the data revealing that Neil started. It’s interesting that most of us have been in a similar weight range during our adult life and that, for many of us, that range has spanned 30kg.

Cinque, I know I got to this thread a little before you but I don’t remember how long before. I was interested to read that we started 5:2 at exactly the same time, that I hadn’t known before.

I’m sorry that I’ve forgotten all the things I wanted to reply to. I always do. Oh yes, Rosy, I fast two days a week, Sunday and Wednesday. Except on overseas trips, I switch to 6:1 because I want my family to enjoy their holiday too and we always do lots of walking and not much eating. On this short little trip to Thailand, I plan to do a 24 hour fast on both the travel days. That’s nothing to so many of you who seem to be practicing a kind of ‘reverse 5:2’ but quite a big deal for me to go without food altogether. I will eat my last meal the evening before travel and then not eat anything again until 24 hours later on arrival. Skipping airline meals is not really skipping meals at all. At least not in my class of travel!

Anzac. Guilty as charged. Lurking. Sorry, no interesting cold weather stories. We are unseasonably warm. A slight frost overnight and 15 C by early afternoon. This time last year I opened the front door and found a wall of snow about 70 cm tall against it, which is why there is a spade and a pair of wellies in my porch.

Neil, I played number 5 and agree that BMI doesn’t work for rugby players. Someone once worked out the BMI of the Irish team and concluded that they were all obese. My lightest ever adult weight was over 50 years ago and in those days I didn’t care, so there is an element of guess work here, also I am converting my pounds to kg.

Lightest: 89 kg

Heaviest: 122 kg

Current: 98 kg, I was lighter until recently but I am weight training.

Rosie,

BMI: 25.5

Height: 197cm, (6ft 5 1/2 is still acceptable usage here)

Build large:

Minka, I saw that programme with Angela Rippon. I have been trying to get my inulin from vegetables, but as one of the writers said, “who wants to eat that much garlic?” I’ve looked at commercially available sources on line and there are many. Which are you using?

Penguin – I played wither hooker or number 3 so that will tell you my size 😉. I gave it up in my 20s when I was at university because I had to work full time to support myself. Not surprisingly that was when I started piling on weight

Good morning, 6.45am (thanks Maxx) and a partly cloudy 27 today

Neil & Penguin – my hubby is a Kiwi and played rugby until I met him when we were 21. He stopped when I brought him home to Australia. He wanted to be an All-Black but discovered girls in his teens and that was that. He was a winger but has a very large frame too. He is currently about 96 kilos and not overweight in the least – well maybe a small beer tummy

I can’t fathom opening a door and seeing snow, let alone a 70cm wall! But glad you are having some warmer weather penguin

How are the temps for you Cali? I laughed at your description of Maxx and Hubby, you got it in one. I’m waiting to hear if my old project can find the funding for me to come back as a contractor…I hope so. Meanwhile I have another interview on Monday at the same bank that I had the train wreck interview but a totally different area. I have to keep looking in case the other one doesn’t eventuate

Thin good luck with the garage sale? Is it today or tomorrow or both? I hope you make squillions and then buy yourself something nice in Thailand

Ok we are off to take the fur-child to the off-leash beach at Cronulla. He needs a good run and we need a good walk and it is so beautiful there. We are so lucky to have some of the worlds best beaches 15 minutes drive away. Here are some pics – one of hubby, Maxx and a black dog who is one of about 50 new friends that day and the other is Maxx on the waters edge.
    https://imgur.com/a/PAiCZIi
    https://imgur.com/a/lZtbjAD

Have a great and healthy weekend all 🙂

Neil, the military approves of physical activity, so I played until I was 48. I stopped when I realised that I couldn’t catch the opposition any more because they were younger than my son.

Anzac, You are going to have to teach your OH to multi-task. I have been married forever, but I seem to remember that before then girls and Rugby were not incompatible. I played a Kiwi side once who wore all black. Not the real All Blacks but still a handful.

We just got back from a meal at our favourite pub. The temperature outside is 8 C! Last night it froze.

Saturday morning in Melbourne, Grey sky, 8:30am

A better sleep, and my first cup of tea beside me. Day before fast day.

Re all the measurements, just putting my oar in for Waist Measurement https://www.heartfoundation.org.au/your-heart/know-your-risks/healthy-weight/waist-measurement since, while I don’t have a set of scales, I do have a tape measure.
    It is a more reliable health indicator than BMI, although I am aware it will be less accurate for Neil for the same reason BMI is.
    Healthy waist measurement: Women less than 80cm (31.5″)
    Men less than 90cm (37″)
    I’m currently at 70cm (28″) waist measurement

And I’m a shorty which is why my healthy weight is so low. Not sure about my frame or body type.

Anzac, continuing good wishes in your job search. And with the Maxx training. Lovely pics! Beach, dogs and OH too.

Betsy, Oh dear, those hot cross buns. I hope your fast day went really well yesterday.

Cali I hope it has been a bit warmer for you and that things have been going well.

LJoyce, yes! Murnong is the yam daisy my project is named for. (I was growing some last year, but killed them with wet soil. I’ll try again.)
    They are the most wonderful plant, and being delicious community food with a bright little face makes them such a good symbol for us.

Cheers Arelkade, best wishes for a great weekend.

Thin, good luck with the garage sale!
    Oh dear, I was a year out! I should have checked my profile. It was July 2015 I started 5:2.

Hi Penguin. A balmy 18c here at the moment.

Off to work out how I’ll get my seven serves of vegetables today. Cheers all.

Cinque, that gives me an unhealthy waist measurement at 38″. In my defence I can only offer something a heart doctor once said to me “Your aorta is much bigger than is normal, but then so is the rest of you”.

Good morning SH friends

I have to report a less than stellar NFD yesterday. I think tiredness was the trigger – had me craving food and sweet things all day. I didn’t do crazy but definitely ate more than I’m comfortable with. I’m aiming for a very careful NFD today so I can end my week with just one over indulgent day. I find that trying to keep my weight below 76kg, that’s all my 5:2 can cope with.

Cinque, I’ve always found that waist measurement guideline reassuring as I’m lucky enough to get to an 80cm waist when my BMI is 30. I think it’s also why that is the level where I no longer require blood pressure meds. It’s probably also why my GP is very comfortable with my weight being technically “overweight”.

Penguin and Neil, I know nothing about the positions on a rugby field but find your stories entertaining.
    Penguin, I knew you were tall, I hadn’t realised just how tall! Good grief, you’d have to be careful with some of the old English homes – some of them wouldn’t have doorways or ceilings tall enough for you.

Anzac, cute pics of Maxx, but I agree Cali, no more excuses from hubby, get them both off to training!
    When walking the other day I actually passed a very petite lady who was walking a labrador and a golden retriever with both leads in one hand. I said hello and commented on how well behaved they were and not pulling her along at all. She said that they didn’t start out that way but were both quite easy to train. Never having trained a dog I’ll have to take her word for it. I imagine some breeds are easier than others. I suspect the working dog breeds might be a bit easier – my neighbour had a border collie cross who was a very naughty puppy but she excelled at puppy training school. (My neighbour said that some of the other dog owners got cross that her puppy was showing theirs up!)

Cali, I’ve also been thinking about the connection between body fat/muscle percentage and the TDEE calculators – which always over estimates my TDEE by a long way. I think the excess skin I have with it’s layer of subcutaneous fat is probably contributing to that error – it can’t need many calories except to maintain a blood supply.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend.
    It will be a quiet one here as it’s going to be hot. Although despite the 35C forecast I am planning to walk with a friend in the hills tomorrow – I know path near where I used to live that has tree cover the whole way.

Penguin, I think Minka works Saturdays so she’s probably not able to get back to you today. I use the brand of inulin that Minka recommended to me a year or so ago. I’ve taken photos of the packet and nutrition panel for you. https://imgur.com/a/DkwA7D8 I only use a heaped tablespoon most days (that would be 5-8grams) – much less than the 30g that Minka takes.
    Because inulin is a soluble fibre it doesn’t thicken the liquids you add it to the same way insoluble fibres like psyllium and brans do. That means it can be added to more things – smoothies, hot drinks, soups or cereal. Sometimes I just add it to 1/2 glass of kefir.

LJ. Thanks for the inulin info.

I have lived in too many houses and some of them were very old, from the 1600s, which brought different problems. A wattle and daub building doesn’t take kindly to modern DIY methods. Putting an electric drill into what is essentially 350 year old dried mud does not work. In one there was an internal door which was 45cm shorter than me.

You are right about working dogs – I claim to have trained a working Labrador from a pup but I suspect the reality was that she instinctively knew what to do and enjoyed doing it. Unfortunately not all Labs are like that. The working dogs and the show dogs are visibly different. The show dogs have been selectively bred for their looks, are heavier and seem to have lost some intelligence. They make great mates and will walk to heel, sit etc but have their limits. I had one who was a useless working dog, he knew what to do but just couldn’t hack it. So of all my dogs, why is he is the one I miss the most?

I did a silly thing this morning. I was rendering a celeriac into matchsticks with a mandolin and chatting to OH as I did so. Not concentrating on the task, I took some matchstick sized slices out of my middle finger tip. It wasn’t very painful but it bled so profusely that it took four dressings to stop it. The result is not as inconvenient as a splint to the elbow, but can I please be added to the select sub group who are learning to use their left hand?

This afternoon’s walk was to look at the large compound into which the conservationists have released a family of Eurasian Beavers. The fence is very smart but the wild boar are already digging around it so it is only a matter of time before they break in or the beavers drop a tree on the fence and break out. Then we will have the first wild beavers in England since the early 1500s. The next phase is to re-introduce the Pine Marten. Both groups are looking for volunteers to help oversee the project. I may give it the Pine Marten project a go. I have seen one before, but not in this country. I don’t keep chickens so they won’t be doing me any harm.

Oh Penguin, that Pine Marten project will be wonderful! I hope you do it.
    But oh dear re your finger. I hope it heals well and quickly. It will be interesting to try painting with your left hand.

It is early Sunday morning and the hottest day of the week…. but only 27c here. Thankyou Huey the weather god.

It is my fast day. I’m hungry already, but that means it is working already 😉
    The 70cm waist measurement I quoted was taken the morning after fast day. I measured after breakfast yesterday and was 80cm. Right on the danger zone. Tape measures are worse than scales!

But yesterday was a good day. I got a good bit of tidying started. A good 7 serves of veg, some nice food cooked and packed in fridge and freezer. Started my Thai language course (library book and website). Daunting, so I am sympathetic to the people learning English.

Hoping to do a lot more tidying today (a sisters get together Tuesday/Wednesday so I need the spare room to be habitable). And more Thai practice. And yoga. But first of all I had better water the garden.

LJoyce, I do hope yesterday was an easy day, after your difficult Friday. And hooray for your small waist.

Best wishes to everyone. Wondering if Maxx will get to training today. hoping it is a good day all round.

Cinque. The scales are not kind either. To add insult to injury I am now 4 kg heavier than I was last summer and the BMI is up to 26.4. Some of that is increased muscle mass but the target was to buy the muscle with reduced fat! I’ll try painting tomorrow, Sunday for me. It may not be too difficult, I have thumb and first finger, but with the guitar I am a finger picker, classical style, which isn’t going to work for a while. Fortunately I have an electric I can play with a pick.

Another 4 hours of tennis played yesterday on nothing but a cheese and bacon omelette all day. I found that even dropping the 7.5 kg I’ve dropped so far has made it that much easier to get around the court. We went out to a friend’s for a bbq that evening and I took a big salad to eat and only had a couple of small meat patties and a small sausage to go with it. I was horrified when I got home and worked out that that small meal was 600 calories by itself, and only a tiny fraction of that was the 2 cups op salad that I had bought. I went over my 800 calories by a couple of hundred but it was certainly a good lesson about just how many calories I had been eating at bbqs up to that point.

Hi all

Sunny Sunday in Melbourne. Day before FD.

Anzac. Hope your employment situation settles soon. I am wondering if you and OH were a bit naughty in a past life and Maxx is your karma. Don’t know how to share this but I just saw a video on FB about a lab named Stella and Autumn leaves and I bet Maxx would be the same. Worth a look if you can find it.

Neil. Happy to add my stats
    Lightest adult weight . 60kg
    Heaviest adult weight . 93kg
    Starting 5-2 90kg. (20/12/18)
    Current weight. 81kg. (First goal 10% off)
    Goal weight. 65kg (pie in the sky wishful thinking)
    Height. 162cm. Medium build per my wrist measurements

So far this has been the easiest I have found to manage my eating. Biggest revelation is portion control, I can’t believe how little I can eat of any food and be satisfied until the next meal.

Quakka. Thanks for going to all that trouble. I have found the symbol now and used it successfully. Interesting to note though it gave me a higher calorie count on Helgas bread to the one on the packet. Have to watch that. Enjoy bikini shopping.

Gday. Congrats on the alcohol ban, you are certainly making good decisions and OH must be grateful for the care you are taking of his health. When the redecorations are complete you will be able to relax in beautiful surroundings.

Arel. You are still on the horse and it’s a nice dobbin who gets there slowly and surely. Horses don’t like me so I’m going to use one of my favourite animals, a Galapagos tortoise. A nice gentle ride.

Penguin. Sounds like you live in an idyllic rural community. I’m thinking Midsommer Murders or Miss Marple. Aren’t Pine Martens quite ferocious animals like ferrets. If you weren’t joking about your bionic ear then you are definitely part Ozzie. It was invented by an Australian doctor (who did study in UK for a while)

I was recently listening to a podcast and heard Professor Claire Collins talking about an online course which is free called the Science of Weight Loss -Dispelling the Myths. It is not available now but she said it would start again soon. This is the link: https://www.newcastle.edu.au/online-learning/the-science-of-weight-loss. It runs for 6 weeks and I thought many of the enquiring minds on this forum might find it interesting. I have registered so that I should be advised when it is available and can let you know.

Happy FD or NFD to all.

Hi all, just back from the Adelaide hills – a long (steep) walk and then a cafe lunch with a friend. I had mushrooms, pesto and haloumi on sourdough – very yummy.

I noticed this and though it might be useful. It shows the 3 categories of fibre and which foods to source them from. It taught me a few things as I had mentally alteady assigned certain foods to the wrong categories!
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bt7z8eLlHyN/

Penguin, looks like I got my fibre categories mixed up when trying to explain how inulin fits in. According to the following article it is a soluble fibre. However the inulin powder that I use definitely doesn’t swell up in the glass the way things like psyllium do. https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/318593.php

Hope you are all having a good weekend – apart from attempts to slice off fingers! (Hope you recover soon Penguin)

Penguin, were you trying to add a little protein to that match stick celeriac dish? Ouch!! It makes me wince just to read about it. I hope it heals quickly. Chopped fingertips are painful because it’s hard not to keep hitting them against things.

Thin (and was it Rosy?) we watched the pilot for “The Killing” and it looks good. As soon as the pizzas are out of the oven we’ll watch the next episode. I stayed up last night and watched Bohemian Rhapsody again last night. And afterwards, I watched the original Live Aid concert with the real Freddy Mercury on YouTube. Rami Malek really nailed it. DS asked me to ask you if “Salvation” is available on Netflix there. We really liked it, although the 2nd season got a little strange. It was on one of our regular TV stations but not on our Netflix. The premise and characters are good.

Cinque, that flower looks like the Dandelion that grows here. The leaves have good diuretic properties and also make good tea. In Wisconsin, in the middle of the country where I grew up, they are very prolific and considered a weed they will easily take over a lawn if not controlled. It must be the humidity there in the summer. They grow here but aren’t a problem.

Have a great Sunday everyone!

I will really need my 5:2 FD after this weekend!

An addendum to my previous post. It shows how inulin fits in – with the resitant starches, or as the following text now calls them – fermentable.

“Within the research community, we are now referring to the three types of fibers as bulking, viscous and fermentable. These categories accurately reflect the benefits delivered by different types of fibers (whereas the soluble/insoluble descriptions do not). Bulking fibers like cellulose, wheat bran and psyllium hold a lot of water and prevent constipation. Viscous fibers like beta-glucan, and psyllium thicken the contents of the intestinal tract and slow down the absorption of nutrients such as cholesterol and glucose. Fermentable fibers like resistant starch and inulin/FOS feed the microbiome and help to change metabolism. It is important to know that bulking fibers do not feed the microbiota and cannot possibly deliver the metabolic improvements that fermentable fibers give you.”
    This is from an Instrgram reply to theSavvyDietitan (who created the fibre category chart in the previous post) by Rhonda Witwer.

Cinque. The scales are becoming untrustworthy. Of the extra 4kg they awarded me yesterday, 1 kg has gone and yesterday was not a FD, quite the reverse.

Klondyke. Nothing as stylish as Midsummer Murder territory. The Forest was one of our earliest mining areas but the geology was difficult and the mines started going out of business decades ago. Apart from a few one man operators they are all gone and the woods have recovered. Now it is a commercial forest with small villages in the middle and some open farmed areas. The forest crop is conifer but there are still areas of beech and oak which are left intact. The Pine Marten is indeed like a big ferret, but prettier. The plan is to put up feeding stations so people can see them, which is going to be a challenge because they are very secretive and most of our tourists don’t stray far from the car parks. Yep, I have a bionic ear. I spent too many years working with firearms. I don’t use it a lot and certainly not when playing an instrument – I became an amateur musician after my hearing went dodgy and before I got it, so if I put in the ear it all sounds wrong.

LJ. Fibre is a much more complex subject than we had realised. Clearly I need to study it more.

Cali. I gave the mandolin a thorough cleaning.

9pm Sunday- tucked in bed with a cup of tea after a busy weekend. The carpet in the end 2 bedrooms was laid on Friday and looks good. A neural beige colour to match the newly painted beige – ish coloured walls. OH and I ditched the bulky bedside cupboards we had and replaced them with open shelving and we ditched all the bedside clutter as well. Now our room looks quite stylish with new trendy bedside lamps and some small pots with real plants. To finish off we will get new window trimmings and the wall prints we purchased last year in Bali need to be framed and hung.

MissD and I spent this arvo clearing out the 3rd bedroom as tomorrow the wall to wall/ floor to ceiling shelving in that room is being relocated to the other room we had new carpet put in on Friday. This is in preparation for the internal renovations to the lounge room end of the house which are supposed to start in a weeks time.

Being alcohol free is going well. Went to our local Friday night for the members draw and both drank soda water with a slice of lemon. It felt a bit weird but wasn’t difficult to do.

Have managed to skim through posts so keeping track of who’s doing what. Can’t believe it’s back to the working week again in the morning. Why can’t it be 2 days work and 5 days weekends. Good night all

It’s good news week ! Hubs ct scan came back with hidden stones deep in his kidney which couldn’t be seen on ultrasound or X-ray. Contacting his specialist Monday re op.
    Can’t believe that on Sat morning after a decadent previous weekend of cocktails and canapes on 2 nights and 5 days of btb fasting, I lost 1.1 kg which is over 18 kg loss if you take off est cast weight or just under 18 kg loss if you don’t . Bmi now 22.8 , 5 kg to go.
    @ Thin, we watched all of the skilling that was available on Netflix. All tv series become formulaic , soap operish, repetitive, the longer they continue. I don’t understand why you are fasting 2 days a week if you are on maintenance. Are you still wanting to lose more and if you are not how do you prevent the weight loss.
    @ LJ and Minka from where do you buy inulin power?
    @ penguin the bmi calculator sitenI go on is a heart one and they have a separate button for males and females.

Rosy, If you go all the way back to this page 233 on this forum thread you’ll see Minka’s original post of where to buy the Morlife Inulin. https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/hello-southern-hemispherites/page/233/ It’s her post from 17 June 2017. Although the price has gone up a bit since then to $69.95 for a 1kg packet. They also now sell an “Inulin Plus” product that’s similar.
    I have since found that I can get it cheaper from Pharmacy Online – https://www.pharmacyonline.com.au/morlife-inulin-plus-certified-organic-powder-1kg As I had already used this supplier for some non-script pharmacy items I knew I could trust them to actually supply what I’d paid for online.

GDSA, sounds like the home renovations are really coming together. Did you end up getting the aircon installed in the gym or are you still having to wait until the end of summer?

Hope you all had a good weekend and are ready for whatever you have to face this week.
    I’ll be fasting tomorrow.

Rosy, so happy to hear OH scans showed kidney stones and not some big cyst or something. Not that kidney stones are a good thing, but at least they are common. Wish there was some kind of medication that would just dissolve them. Great work on the weight loss!
    We ended up watching 5 episodes of The Killing last night. Great show! Can’t wait to watch the rest. I love that the actors are unknown, at least to me. Thin, thank you for the recommendation, and to Rosy for your thumbs up as well. Thin always comes up with the best things to watch.

We had snow this morning that actually stuck to the ground for a while. It’s pretty much all melted now, a few hours later. But our temps aren’t expected to go above 4C today. Too cold for me! Thank goodness the furnace got fixed and the propane tank filled. Cold weather is a lot easier to deal with in a nice warm house. Here are some pics from the front and back garden: https://imgur.com/a/hb9LzOw

LJ, I am going to have to read up on all that fiber info you posted. Like penguin said, fiber is a lot more complex than we realized. I’m particularly interested in the fermentable fiber and wondering about natural sources of it. Amazon.com.au has several different brands and sizes, including the Morlife one. But it keeps changing to U.S. prices, so I can’t see if the Aussie prices are competitive.

Gday, it sounds like your home renovations are all coming together now. I think the decorating part is the most fun. It’s been a long haul for you and your family getting all the construction stuff done. I always enjoy the chaos of that when it’s first starting, but it does get really old after a while if there are the almost inevitable delays.

Rosy. That’s great news for both you and OH. I believe kidney stones are very painful but at least they are treatable. Best wishes on a speedy recovery.

Penguin. Glad you can enjoy your music no matter what it sounds like. Hope your finger is healing.

LJ. We continue to learn so much on this forum, it’s good to have informed choices about our food decisions.

Thin. Your photos are lovely. I am happy to admire them as long as I don’t have endure the cold weather.

Good morning, nice post-fast day breakfast for me, and now some coffee.

Penguin, scales AND tape measure letting you down, as well as the mandoline slicer! I hope you get a good run now. Good luck with painting and guitar playing.
    Not sure about where you live, I saw a story about a Forest of Dean near naked pensioner brandishing a base ball bat. 😉

Neil, excellent to be feeling the benefits of 8kg less you are carrying around the tennis court. The BBQ was a learning experience.

Klondi, so glad you are finding 5:2 (comparatively) easy. I guess that’s the key factor for whether it will work for someone or not. The course you have signed up for looks really interesting.

LJoyce, fascinating graph on the three classes of fibre. At first I thought it was too simplistic, given that some food are in all three categories. And I went off to check my assumptions and came to the conclusion that she really did it as well as possible.
    And I independently got to the ‘bulking, viscous and fermentable’ categories I’m fascinated that some insoluble fibre is fermentable, although it is mostly the soluble fibre.

But hooray for our wonderful plant kingdom that feeds us so well with everything we need in the way of fibre. Especially legumes 😉

Gday, how nice to be getting the big things done. What a transformation of your home. Hooray for soda water and lemon!

Cali, so glad you are in a warm home on a cold day. Re yam daisies, one name for them is ‘native dandelion’. We have dandelions (introduced) as a weed, and a big (elderly) Greek population around here who gather the young leaves for cooking. I use them a bit too. I also used to buy dandelion coffee made from their roots.

Rose, so glad Mr Rosy has something relatively straight forward. Fingers crossed for very successful surgery.

I am like Thin and still do 5:2 for maintenance.
    In my case it is because I would start putting weight back on if I didn’t. I can give myself more leeway, but if I have a 6:1 week and then a lax fast day or two, I need a fasty fast day to get me back on track.
    I think it is because my brain and stomach don’t communicate very well, I often feel hungry even when I have had a sensible meal. I do a lot of emotional eating if I am not careful and I easily feel hungry when I am thirsty and am still learning how to tell the difference. And I tend to snack too much at the end of the day.
    I am getting into better and better habits but I don’t mind if I am 5:2ing for the rest of my life because I think it is a healthy way of eating.
    When I was first doing 5:2 I didn’t feel so hungry, but now I am at the lower end of my healthy weight range I am much hungrier.

I’m intending today to be a nice mindful NFD with a good space between my breakfast and upcoming lunch. And another one between lunch and dinner!

Cheers all. Best wishes for today.

8.30am hot and sunny in Sydney 31 in the City and 35 where we live

It’s a bit of a coincidence but when I have a job interview the temperature rises. Not great to arrive looking like you need a shower! There are three very senior people in this interview (STRESSSSS) and it’s a good job but I still hope to go back to my old project. I haven’t heard anything for a couple of days so hope that isn’t a bad sign.

No training for Maxx, OH is still making excuses. Now we are going away next weekend and then his sister arrives from NZ for a visit the following weekend so we are probably not going to be starting for a few weeks at least.

Had a so-so weekend food-wise but no damage on the scales. I am quite anxious again about the job situation and find myself turning automatically to bad food for comfort but managing to hold off. I think that is a very important and wonderful thing that 5:2 has taught me

I read eveyone’s posts but not able to respond at the moment but hope to so later today or tomorrow.

Anzac said, “It’s a bit of a coincidence but when I have a job interview the temperature rises.”
    Perhaps we could find you a nice job interview in Northern California. We could use a rise in temperature here! 5C right now. 🥶 😁

9am, Monday, Adelaide (cool, damp and a bit humid here)

Good morning SHs.

Anzac, good luck with the interview, not that you will need it. You are extremely capable and experienced, that’s why you have so many potential employers interested in you. Leave that jacket off until you get there.

Cali, I actually like the winter landscape, so enjoyed your photos. Do the plants survive the snow? I was feeling a bit sorry for the potted plant on the outdoor table.

Cinque, I hope you manage a mindful NFD. Mine have started well lately but gotten a bit wobbly by the end of the day. Do you have a long weekend over there – I heard on the financial news that you have a public holiday on Monday.

Rosy, glad that your OHs issues are nothing more serious than stones than they can hopefully remove. I had heard that they sometimes use a vibration that shatters them so they can be passed out with the urine – do you know if that’s the method they’ll use?

Klondike, that course sounds interesting.

I feel a bit nauseous this morning – the combination of several pain killers last night and several cups of tea on an empty stomach this morning. I might need to eat my FD banana early today I think. I slept really badly last night. For some reason the pain and inflammation in my hip joints has flared up over the last few days. It’s had a drastic impact on the way I’m moving, especially after I’ve been sitting still for a few minutes – I’m struggling to get up. I just have to hope it’s temporary. I have my next infusion Friday so hopefully that settle the inflammation down a bit.

Have a nice day everyone.

Good Morning everyone

Such interesting and varied posts to catch up on!

Rosy, glad to hear your OH is going to be ok and it was not something more serious. Penguin, ouch! I often use a mandoline and I admit I use it without the guard. The guard is quite useless at holding the vegetable but is very useful for protecting your fingers. I am extremely careful when using it though.

Rosy, you asked about the trend of the shoes coming in. We are getting some beautiful soft ankle length leather boots. There is a gorgeous style with a pointy heel (like a stiletto, not quite as sharp) in black and nude. I can just imagine the stylish lady who would wear them. Definitely not me.

Who knew fibre was so interesting! I would like to know more about the fermentable fibre too.

Cali, beautiful pics of the snow. Particularly love the snow in the lattice table.

Anzac, good luck with the interview. You will be fine and probably quite relaxed as this is just a back up.

I am at about the same weight as I started last week at but I am confident of the trend continuing downwards now, even if it is slowly.

Well my Friday bikini shopping was fun and funny. It is late in the season to be buying swimmers but I had to do it now as by June there will definitely be none in the shops. I had seen a bikini in Target online that I liked but when I got to the store there was only a very small/big size left (10DD). So that ruled that one out. We had a look in Myer but there was only really expensive brands in there. Then we found a shop that only sells swimwear and so I chose a couple of pairs to just try on. One was awful but the other one was stunning. Unfortunately they were also $200! for a bikini!! I really wanted them but I just can’t justify that much on a couple of small pieces of material. So I walked away. Strangely even though we are two weeks away from the end of summer they weren’t even on sale.
    We had planned to stop on the way home at a big surf shop that my friend had been to a couple of weeks ago and found their swimwear was already on sale at 30% off. Losing weight is awesome but also frustrating because now I am a popular size and there was a very limited amount of swimmers left in that size. I luckily found a gorgeous light blue bikini with a flower pattern on it that I really love and it wasn’t $200! It was still a bit pricey but it is adjustable so I should be able to wear it for a few summers to come and I think I’m worth it!

Well I have to go do some more work. I am expecting a big influx of stock this week so I am making sure I am ready.

Oh it’s FD for me and I am mentally prepared. So happy FD to us fasters and happy NFD to the non fasters x

Morning all, enjoying catching up a bit over a post-FD coffee. Last night I had the shiritaki noodles in a bag that LJ recommended. They weren’t my favourite to be honest but were perfect for the job because I was very tired from the weekend’s garage sale activities and all I had to was microwave them for 60 seconds! They’d be great for travelling.

Garage sale was fun, exhausting and successful but we still have too much clutter!

CalifD, glad you are enjoying, ‘The Killing’. I saw that ‘Homeland’ had new episodes but, when we watched the first of them, we realised we’d already seen it. Not sure how that happened.

Anzac, good luck with your job interview. I bet you’ll be great.

Cinque, glad you had a good FD and hope you have a nice post FD. Mine will be short-lived as I’ll start my 24 hour fast tonight. Bridge this morning, pack a small bag this afternoon and off to the dentist at 0.dawn.thirty. My holidays are device-free so I’ll catch up with everyone in a week or so.

Viewing 50 posts - 19,651 through 19,700 (of 28,005 total)

You must be logged in to reply.