Hello Southern Hemispherites!!

This topic contains 27,907 replies, has 831 voices, and was last updated by  thinatlast 2 days, 12 hours ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 17,801 through 17,850 (of 28,011 total)

• Well done Monday fasters. Q, sounds like you’re back on track. Have you started walking again yet?

Lindsay, so sorry to read your post this morning. I hadn’t realised that your OH was in physical pain as well as all the anxiety he must be experiencing about his sight. I do hope this situation improves.

Good morning all

Well my FD ended up a bit of a disaster in the afternoon yesterday so I am determined to eat very mindfully today and stay well under my TDEE to make up for it. The scales are going in the wrong direction

I hope you OH had a better night Lindsay and that you are looking after yourself as well.

Have a great day everyone, happy FD or NFD – whichever you are doing.

Good morning from beautiful Melbourne. Cool, a few clouds, lots of bird calls. 7:35

Lindsay, I am so sorry to hear that Mr L has awful pain on top of the frustration and worry of the operation. What can be done about it? Sending more good wishes. Candle lit.

I do so hope that having the kiddies there made for a lovely day, if a bit hectic. How was it fasting with everything going on? A sick day was well overdue, and I hope you managed to enjoy it. And I hope your daughter is having a great work trip.

LJoyce, I am so glad you have beaten that infection (you have, haven’t you?) and are ready for a bit of gardening.
    Thank you for explaining about the biscuits. I had thought it was the sugar, not the fat that made them spread too much. A misunderstanding that has come down through my family (but at least adding more flour was the accepted solution).

Miso is still in training. Occasionally I think I have retrained her, and then we have a warm night and she doesn’t come home until the morning. My poor neighbour is going to look after her at the end of the week as I am going with my daughter and grandkids to a holiday house by the sea Thursday to Sunday. I fear she won’t make it easy for him.

This holiday has snuck up on me and the next couple of days are going to be very busy preparing. Lists to write!

My kippers were so yummy for breakfast that I had another serve for lunch, but once I got the container out of the container out of the container I bumped the lid and got a splash of powerfully scented brine over my clothes, the bench and the floor. Typical!

Quacka, I do hope yesterday was a better day. Retained water is easy come, easy go. So glad the cheese and spinach triangles were made. Did the filo behave itself?
    Oooh! Asparagus! Yum!

Hi Suz, I hope you have recovered from your big weekend. Is the rhythm of 5:2 beginning to fit into your life nicely?

Anzac, I hope Maxx let you sleep last night. Happy morning after Fast Day.

Quacka, good luck working out the baking. I always preferred spread out biscuits (especially anzacs).

Okay, I’m off to write lists! best wishes everyone.

Anzac, just saw your post. Commiserations. Hope today is a good day. Drink lots of water and be kind (in a non-food-treat way) to yourself. Best wishes.

Monday 2:30 pm, a sunny 25C

I’m well into my Monday FD which is very much needed today. Too much eating over the WE, with Saturday pizza night and a birthday celebration at a friend’s house last night. Everyone brought appetizers..my favorite way to overeat! I made some dolmades and that Thai hummus with veggies that I tried a couple weeks ago. This morning my scales showed an increase of 1.7kg over the past 3 days. Ugh! Thin, I’m starting my half of that challenge to get into the 58’s today. For me, that has to include a firm rule not to eat after 8:30pm. My insomnia seems to go hand in hand with snacking. It has to stop. Thin, I think you are normally much stricter with your eating habits than I am. I need to be more vigilant with the holiday season right around the corner.

Lindsay, I’m so sorry to hear that your OH is experiencing pain. Did you call the doctor? Is pain a normal thing for his condition? What can be done about it? I was going to suggest looking for an online forum for his condition. Sometimes comparing notes with other people with the same condition can be very helpful. I would be happy to look for one for you but I’m not sure what the name for his condition is to do a search. Here is one for glaucoma that might lead to something more specific: https://patient.info/forums/discuss/browse/glaucoma-1003
    Please let OH know that there are prayers and positive thoughts headed in his direction from California. If there is any research I could do, just point me in the right direction.

Cinque, it’s so good to hear that you’re going on a 4 day beach holiday with your daughter and the grandies. It’s so good to get away every so often. I hope you manage to get a little rest in between playing with the kiddos! How far are you going? Checking the online maps, it looks like there are plenty of places around Melbourne. I hope the weather is warm and beautiful. Miss Miso will probably be grumpy 🤨 when you return, but she will hopefully appreciate you even more.

Good morning everyone

Firstly Lindsay I’m sorry I didn’t see your post yesterday. thin mentioned it earlier so I went back and found it. I am sorry your OH is in so much pain. I really hope and pray things improve for him (and you) very soon.

Thank you LJ for a very good explanation regarding my bickies spreading. Also thanks for the recipes. I think I could use the cornflake one and make jam drops (without the cornflakes). What do you think?
    My biscuit dough was quite moist so I think the mixture did need some more flour. Also I am going to chill them next time and see if it helps, although I won’t be using that particular recipe again!

thin I haven’t started walking again yet. I was going to this morning but I have been so tired. Sunday night I hardly slept from being so thirsty and being awake half the night drinking water to combat my salty dinner. Then last night I don’t know why but I was literally awake every hour. I went to bed a little too hungry I think. I did wake up very hungry this morning!
    I also went out in the garden early to spray Dipel for the pesky caterpillars. They have anihilated my kale and I bet they also had a go at my spinach. Then hung out a load of washing as it is going to be 31 degrees here today.
    See four excuses in one paragraph!! lol. No, I am going to start tomorrow 😉

Anzac don’t worry about the failed FD. You have the right idea, just eat mindfully today and you will get back on track. Stay positive and look forward, you will get into a rhythm. I definitely feel like I am back on track after my own wobblies last week.

Cinque, yesterday was a really good FD for me. I’m looking forward to another really good one tomorrow. My attitude to the FDs goes a long way to help me get through and I am also finding it much easier psychologically to be having a NFD in between.

I ended up making the triangles with puff pastry as I didn’t take the filo out of the freezer to defrost. I wanted them for Sunday lunch and as I haven’t used filo before I didn’t realise how long it would take to defrost. I thought it would be more like puff pastry. So I am going to defrost it in the fridge overnight next time I decide to make something with it. I will hopefully have lots of (un)holey kale soon now that I have sprayed it for those voracious munchers!

Hope you will all have a lovely day and for those on a FD I hope its a nice easy one. All the best x

Hi Cali 🙂 we were posting together. Hope your FD continues to go well x

Chilly 11C Perth.

Quacka, I’m with you re: two nights’ lousy sleep. And I always drink gallons of water after eating in restaurants.

Cinque, wow, a holiday! How lovely for you. Annoying about the kipper spill.

Anzac, what happened to your FD afternoon? (Yep, I’m making you accountable!). 🙂

Lindsay, thinking of you today – no need to post unless you feel like it.

CalifD, most of that excess will probably be gone after your FD. I’m not sure if I can realistically get to 58kg. I am 5′ 6″ – what about you? The lowest I’ve been is 58.5kg and that was when we were in Spain and I was walking up to 15km per day in hilly terrain. So I will strive to make it into the 58s before the SSC in December. There’s another acronym for you! I’ve been under 60kg for a couple of weeks so that’s one kilo to achieve.

Yes, I’m less of a snacker these days but that’s only because I’m responsible for the shopping and I just don’t buy many of the items that we used to have in the house. I sometimes forage about later looking for something anyway because we do eat dinner very early by most people’s standards – but there’s nothing there so I settle for a cup of rooibos vanilla tea (sorry LJ, I know you don’t like it called ‘tea’). The other big bonus is rarely drinking alcohol – that saves me a lot of calories but also food restraint always goes out the window after a G&T.

At bridge, the morning tea is provided but I’m rarely tempted. I dislike instant coffee, I really dislike drinking from a plastic cup and I’m not tempted by store bought cheap biscuits. I usually just get a drink of water. The wake was a different matter – all beautiful home made treats and, of course, I had to sample everything. I find the body can absorb these digressions now and then. Without FDs they would be a disaster.

9:50am, Tues, Adelaide
    Good morning everyone.

Lindsay, I your husband’s situation improves very soon.

Quacka, If you wanted to use the cornflake bikkie dough for jam drops, I’d leave the dried fruit out. You could also reduce the sugar by an ounce, given that you’ll be putting jam in the middle. They will be slightly softer texture than a jam drop usually is, but they should still work. My jam drop recipe is more like a shortbread dough. Do you also use the end of a wooden spoon to create the cavity for the jam?

Cali, The only remedy for an overindulgent day or two is to start the next day with a new plan. I’m doing the same thing as I also had a very excessive NFD yesterday.

Cinque, I hope you get the smell ans stain out of your clothes – oily marks can be difficult. That sounds like a lovely little holiday at the beach, and nice to spend time with family too.
    I am mostly better, although my lungs are still not clear and I’m still needing ventolin to breathe properly.

Anzac, I’m hoping for a better day for you.

Suz, hope the conference food didn’t do too much damage.

My NFD yesterday was the complete opposite of Saturday. I think waking so early didn’t help. By 9:30 I’d been awake for nearly 5 hours and wanted a meal, so I ate the bowl of muesli, bran, kefir & fruit I’d planned for lunch. Things didn’t improve from there, I ate morning & afternoon snacks in addition to lunch and dinner. To give myself the necessary shock I did something this morning that I haven’t done for the last year – I worked out how many kilojoules I’d eaten – roughly 12,000kj (that’s about 2850cal)! For me that’s 2 days TDEE. I feel suitably shocked and ready to behave better today. Thankfully I slept a bit later this morning, which always helps.

My zucchini plants have grown so much over the last week. https://imgur.com/bLZ76GT They are already fruiting, but there are no male flowers ready yet to fertilize them. I will need to pick these as baby zucchini with flowers and cook them – a treat you only get when you grow your own.

Not sure if anyone is fasting today, but hope it goes well if there is.
    I hope everyone else has the NFD they planned for.

Hi Thin, our posts crossed.
    You can call your tea whatever you like. I just get irate in cafes when I ask for tea and am offered mainly substitutes for the real thing. I wish I could develop a taste for more of the alternatives as less caffeine would be better for me. Summer helps as there are some T2 tisanes that I like as iced tea – especially those with dried berries in them.

I forgot to mention, did anyone else watch the Diet Testers last night? When they described the warrior diet it sounded a lot like my FD, with all my calories allocated to dinner. I had come across this diet before (also called a 23:1 eating window), but what I’d read was stricter – no snacking on nuts etc through the day, which is much harder than the plan they featured last night.

hey LJoyce, I haven’t heard of that program. What channel is it on please? Hope you have a better day today and I have to agree that lack of sleep is deadly. Maxx kept me up late and woke early on the weekend and by Sunday all of my resolve was out the door and I had a bad NFD too. Followed by a bad FD yesterday but back on track today so far.

Thin, your will-power is incredible and I hope that I can soon build up some better resolve in the coming months. I do agree that FD’s make the digressions absorbable.

Quacka, another person suffering from lack of sleep. That makes three of us I think.

Cali – your FD today will make up for the weekend. Glad it is/was going well

Cinque, our posts crossed. Is Miso your cat? Your holiday sounds amazing and good luck with the planning

Suz, hope the conference ended up going well

Off for my lunchtime walk. It is a glorious day – sunny and about 27 – so off to Hyde Park for 30 or 40 minutes. Thankfully not so busy at work today as I haven’t been able to do my walk for about a week and I find it really clears my head and of course gets my steps up.

Did I mention I accidentally put my WW pedometer through the washing machine on the weekend? I thought I killed it as it was blank, but 24 hours later it sprang back to life! I’m so glad as I like it.

Anzac, the program is on SBS Monday nights, it’s a BBC program. This is the second series that’s been aired here and last night was episode 2. I suspect you can still catch up on those 2 episodes online.
    Glad to hear your pedometer recovered from it’s unplanned cleaning.

12.14 pm Brisbane. A warm and sunny day and after all the rain, everything seems so clean.
    A better night last night for OH – not nearly as painful, and he slept well. Still very very limited vision. Thank you for your kindness Thin, LJ, Calif, Quacka, Anzac – I am sure I’ve missed someone for which I am really sorry – I think often about your support.

Calif he has had a needling procedure for a failed glaucoma drain. It seems it’s worked too well – taking too much pressure from the eye. There are some options but his particular issue is that his sight was already poor, and he’s only sighted in one eye. We phoned the doctor on Monday but didn’t hear back, and have called again and am still waiting. We see him again on Friday. Not a great bedside manner, and if this is usual, I do wish he’d explained that. My OH thought it would be like a cataract surgery – one day of postop symptoms, then better sight.

Cinque my daughter is home today – the little ones can’t wait to hear all about it, because she was off to see a prince and a princess! (my DD is a journalist, and was covering the Royal tour).

It is fun having the little girls. In all the bleakness, there are moments of laughter. The 5 year old was staging a go slow over something or other, and I asked her to get a move on. ‘Sorry’, she said. ‘I’m dithering’. (pause). ‘That means stuffing around’. I have no idea where she learned that, but it sure made me laugh – which made her say it again and again.

Thin, it may take more than one FD this time, although I did eat a lot of salt yesterday. I was 61.2 this morning, the highest I’ve been in a long time. I used to be 5’6” but I shrunk to 5’5”. I didn’t realize until they measured me at my doctor’s office. I thought we were the same height. If I can just get back to the 58’s I’ll be happy. I’ve been in the 59’s and 60’s since July. My lowest was 57.5 in January. But only for a day.

It looks like several of us had excessive NFD’s over the weekend. FD aren’t always easy, but I always stick to them. Some NFD have been out of control. The FD’s get rid of most of the excess, but my weight is very slowly creeping up. My skinny jeans still mostly all fit, but they are getting more snug. So now is the time to get NFD’s under control. Maybe just doing 16/8 on NFD’s would do it, at least the NFD’s during the week.

LJ, your zucchini’s are growing like weeds! I can’t believe how big they are already. All your hard work on the soil prep is paying off. How do you tell the difference between a male and female zucchini? Look under leaves? 😁

Quacka, I’ve been making it a point to walk at least 6000 steps each day with 10,000 as the goal. It’s quickly made a difference in my BP. I wouldn’t have believed that it would work that well. Plus, when walking, you aren’t thinking about eating.

Anzac, we our dog can sometimes keep us up at night too, wanting to go outside. We have to make a point of not giving him snacks too close to bedtime. Not getting a good nights sleep makes the whole next day difficult.

Hi all–Enjoying a FD here in Melbs . . . actually feels so good to NOT be eating after the non-stop food of the weekend conference. I also did a modified-FD yesterday, so between the two days I should be back to normal. Didn’t actually post a gain, but I just felt so ICK.

Cali, I think you’re the one who posted the recipe for the brussels sprouts salad. I made it yesterday and it is YUM! Cut the dried cranberries down by half and am glad I did. It’s a keeper, though, so thanks for passing it along.

Quacka, bravo for a good FD!! But SO sorry to hear about the sleep issues–and Anzac and thin, I’m sympathizing with you on this, too. It’s just so frustrating when you feel the need to sleep, but the body won’t cooperate.

Lindsay, happy to hear that OH had a better night of sleep. We’re all rooting for him (and for you).

LJoyce, I think baby zucchini with their flowers are such a treat. How do you prepare them? Just steamed? They’re so tender and lovely. Enjoy!

Best wishes to all!

Lindsay, There is an article here that sounds like what your OH is dealing with. Scroll dow to the last paragraphs. https://www.healio.com/ophthalmology/glaucoma/news/print/ocular-surgery-news/%7B050a94fe-6f99-47df-aef8-5cbe4bc7c1f5%7D/steps-for-saving-failing-blebs-after-trabeculectomy
    They mention some medications and other procedures. He probably is using the meds already, but maybe if he isn’t the doctor has a back-up who could see him sooner than Friday? I’ll see what else I can find.

Lindsay, your daughter was away covering the Royal tour? I want to hear about it too!😊

Suz, glad you enjoyed the Brussels sprouts salad. It’s one that I’m going to make again too. Even my OH liked it and he isn’t crazy about Brussels sprouts.

4:57pm Tues, Adelaide

It’s been an easy NFD so far with no food consumed until 3pm – a generous bowl of muesli, bran, fruit, kefir and almond milk. Delicious and very filling. I don’t have to cook tonight as I have a bowl of the tofu & veg stir fry left over my my FD on Sunday. To make it feel a bit less spartan I’ve added a few toasted cashews and some satay sauce.

Suz, the only traditional recipes for zucchini flowers that I know of are all Italian and all involve stuffing the flowers with various mixtures then dipping them in batter and frying. Needless to say I won’t be doing that. I plan to halve them lengthwise, fry in a little butter and serve with spinach and cherry tomatoes and either eggs or haloumi. I have another half dozen “unfertilised” baby zucchini that will be pickable in 2-3 days, so I’ll pick them all at once. I won’t get many more chances to have this treat as the plants should produce some male flowers soon, which means fully grown zucchinis.

Cali, very funny. I like to think of male zucchini flowers as “all fluff and no substance”. You get a flower and nothing else, the females manage to give an actual zucchini too! However both are actually required or there will be no zucchinis. I do agree that these plants are growing like weeds – they’ve doubled in size in less than a fortnight.

Thin, the discussion about tea and it’s substitutes got me thinking that the weather is now mild enough for iced tea. So I made a pot with my favourite berry tisane – it’s mostly dried apple and raspberries. I took some photos while brewing and once diluted as I prefer it. https://imgur.com/a/18TfKLE It’s basically just lightly flavoured water – it would contain a few calories but not very many.

I’m planning a FD tomorrow. I would have preferred Thursday, but I have to babysit for the afternoon-evening and I have no idea what food my nephew’s wife will have left out for us. As that’s me and a 5 & 6 year old it rarely involves much veg. I prefer not to have to manage a FD with those uncertainties.

Some lovely looking legume recipes: https://www.bbc.com/food/collections/magic_beans

Good morning, blowing a gale here in Sydney and back to winter. Brrrr

Lindsay, glad your hubby had a better night and I hope last night was ok too. I can’t believe the doctor isn’t calling back when you obviously need his help. BTW, I love the Royals so would love to hear what your daughter has to say above covering their tour. Your 5 year old granddaughter sounds very funny and cute

Not happy today; I had a good NFD yesterday but again the scales have jumped up another 300g! I don’t understand and am feeling very deflated. FD today even though I’m worried my negative attitude is going to make it harder but I am even more determined to not add more disappointment by failing another FD. To top it off I have to give a big presentation today which, while I don’t enjoy it, is part of my job periodically so I just get on with it. However my audience will be hostile as we are introducing change and like all IT projects the budget never stretches to automate everything so they have some new manual processes to cope with. The only good thing is the people in the room with my are my team so very supportive of course and the impacted users are all off-shore and dialing-in, so at least they can’t throw their laptops at me! LOL. I’d prefer to have my FD on another day but tomorrow is our wedding anniversary and then friends coming over Friday so I really need to do it today.

LJoyce so glad you had a great NFD yesterday.

Cali, I’m sure your skinny jeans will fit nicely again after a couple of FD’s.

Suz, you did so well to not gain anything and your positivity is wonderful. Just like everyone on this forum. I need some today 🙂

8:37am Wens, Adelaide

Anzac, there are s many things that effect what we weigh – bot just the food we eat. Weight gain can also be fluid, inflammation or hormones. Even weighing at a different time to the day before can make a difference. It is not an exact science.
    Some people cope with the daily fluctuations and others don’t. I’m in the “don’t” group! The scales have an influence on my mood and effect my food choices, so I had to stop weighting daily. Initially I went to weekly and then to monthly, (this was difficult as I was addicted to daily weighing). I used a tape measure and took regular body measurements to reassure me I was doing ok and I also relied on how my clothes fit to show me I was losing weight. I haven’t regretted doing this, as I’m definitely better off without the unhelpful reaction I have to the scales.
    On intensely restrictive diets the weight loss is so fast (initially) so that you do see a change in weight most days. 5:2 isn’t that type of diet, 0.5kg per week loss is the norm. It’s important to focus on the weight trend over the weeks as that will tell you if you are losing weight.

FD for me. I’ve taken lentil soup from the freezer for dinner.

Have a nice day everyone.

Good Morning everyone

It’s blowing a gale here too Anzac. I heard it come up last night and it was so strong it was shaking the house. Needless to say I was awake lots of times but I actually went back to sleep, so feeling better this morning tiredness wise. Hope all the other non sleepers are too!

Anzac, the scales are evil things. They have been up and down and at my house too, so much so that I am beginning to wonder if they are accurate ever. This week they have been mainly up. I had a bad Sunday food wise and it has impacted on the readings but usually a FD helps with that. This week it had only gone down slightly and after a NFD ( a not too bad one) yesterday, they are up again. I am not going to dwell on it too much. The long term results are there for me and they will be for you too. Just stick with it and as I said yesterday, look forward not backwards 🙂
    Good luck with your presentation today. Hope it goes well and I hope your FD goes well too. I am on a FD with you so I will be checking in most of the day if you feel like posting anything more.

Cali (and thin) I started my walking again this morning. I walk about 6kms around my little village, not sure how many steps that is. It was already windy this morning and I almost used it as an excuse, but I just got up and went. It was really lovely being out early and the wind wasn’t too much of a bother as it wasn’t really that cold at that time of the morning. It actually feels colder now. I have been monitoring my BP and it has been quite normal. I have been taking my tablet every second day and trying to record my BP every day so I can show my doc. I would like to be taken off the medication but we will see how that goes.

LJ I did use the end of the wooden spoon for the jam drops. One recipe I looked up suggested it, whilst another one suggested I use my thumb. I was like my thumb?? That will be one big flat imprint and I was hoping for a nice round cookie with a nice round jam centre. Maybe next time the cookie will behave 😉

Lindsay I hope the doctor has gotten back to you and I hope your OH is doing better. Still praying x

Hi Suz, hope your FD went well yesterday and you are feeling better today

Hi Cinque and thin and Cate also. To anyone I have missed I’m sorry

Hope everyone has a lovely day and for us fasters, a really easy one X

My DD said that Meghan is incredibly beautiful – even more so than in pictures and on screen. DD also commented how natural and warm she and Harry are, and how they really engaged with the locals. There was a funny moment when an Indigenous elder called to Harry ‘you’re even more gorgeous in real life’ and another called back ‘you can say that again’. The audience laughed and DD said Harry seemed to really enjoy the banter. Meghan pulled out of a couple of Fraser Island engagements (really rough 4 wheel drive tracks…not good in this stage of the pregnancy I guess) and had shed the killer heels for the other events.

Thank you for the thoughts Suz. I’m reluctantly off to work this afternoon – DD will drop over to keep him company. The more ‘normal’ life is, the more settled he is. The temptation is to not go, but he was upset I took Monday off. Keeping the balance is a very fine line.

Calif that article was interesting, and so was the web site you sent – thank you for getting so involved in our problem. The surgeon we are seeing was referred by my OH’s regular opthalmic specialist, because he’s the top in his field in glaucoma treatment. He hasn’t returned the calls – clearly he’s treating the condition, but not the patient.

Anzac don’t let the scales undermine your motivation. Weight is such a funny thing …. sometimes it takes a day or two to see the effect, even after good NFDs, and I think we are programmed to want the instant ‘fast today, weight loss tomorrow’ (well I definitely am!). Stay motivated, and you will see it drop away. It always works – that is what is amazing about this WOL. Good luck today with the presentation.

LJ those zucchini! I’ve tried to grow them but perhaps it’s too hot here. Or maybe it’s just that I am not a great gardener (more the latter I suspect).

Good morning. 9:34am
    Cool, grey and still (thankfully) in Melbourne this Wednesday morning.

Anzac, good luck with that presentation!
    And I am glad your pedometer survived the wash!

I think you are making a mistake with your scales. It is almost like you think they are a scientific measuring instrument.
    Infact that are a squat goblin that delights in messing with your head and ruining your day.
    Scales are best viewed from a distance (Like Thin going over her last four years of results) and are very dangerous close at hand. Which is why it is so unfortunate you have to actually stand on top of them (that just sets it off!). Take care. Pay it no attention!

Cali, I hope you had an excellent Fast Day. I am looking forward to 4 days with my darlings. We are not going far: Blairgowrie, on the Mornington Penninsula. I went for a holiday there about 45 years ago (Girl Guides) and it was full of ti tree and other beach scrub. I have a feeling it might be a tad more built up now!
    You are right about Miso… maybe! (Yes Anzac, Miso is my cat!)

Quacka, I hope you have had a better night sleep. I wish the ‘Sleeping Beauty Diet’ (see The Diet Testers, SBS on Demand) was likely to work for us. I hope a good walk is just what you feel like today.

Do use the filo before it can get freezer burn! There are lots of other yummy pies to make with it (I make such a yummy potato and mushroom one) and (in spite of all the butter/oil you spread on it) it tastes lighter than the puff pastry.

Caterpillars loved my kale too! So much that I don’t think I will try to grow it again.

Thin, Very good of the bridge place to provide non appetizing snacks.

I think the smell of kippers is gone from my kitchen!
    And LJoyce, I hope it was the tiniest drop on my clothes. My washing basket doesn’t smell fishy, so that is hopeful.
    But oh they were yummy.

Sending good wishes to your lungs to keep clearing, and stay clear.

Oh dear, I think some of my NFDs get like that too. It is no wonder I need 5:2 for maintenance.

Thanks for the link to the legume recipes.

Your zucchini plants are wonderful! I am like you, I grow them for the plaeasure of picking them small, and the unfertilised ones are so tender and delicious. I sometimes just dip the flowers in beaten egg and panfry them.

Cali: if you aren’t telling the female flower because it is growing on a little baby zucchini, and the boy flower is just growing on a stem, you can tell by looking inside the flower. Here is a boy flower and a girl flower next to each other. Can you guess which is which? https://i.pinimg.com/originals/77/db/c6/77dbc63ed6db6d7c694b017cc2e55783.jpg 🙂

I caught up with the Diet Testers yesterday. Very interesting, as usual. I liked the way they paired the diets according to some feature, and in the end they all work quite similarly.

Lindsay, I do hope your OH has had another good night, and I also hope the doctor has got back to you! Keep agitating!
    Kids are just the best when things are dire for the grownups. And your two seem especially wonderful. Spoken as a ditherer! Hooray for her to keep you laughing.

Suz, isn’t it nice to look forward to your Fast Day after a bit of overeating.
    I hope you had a good sleep too.

I had a super productive day yesterday! If only I could have days like that every day! It has made me feel just about on top of things, so I am hppoing to get everything done that I need to today, and some extra things too. I have already roasted butternut so it won’t go off in the fridge while I am away. Next stop hummus.

It is my Fast Day. Sharing it with LJoyce, and you Thin I think? And others too I hope.

Edit: Suz, our posts crossed. Cheers to you at work, and hoping Mr Lindsay has a really good day. Lovely to hear the royal goss. I hope Meghan keeps resting.

3:15pm Tuesday 22C with scattered clouds

Well, my FD yesterday resulted in a 1.2kg drop to 60.1. Today is a NFD but I’m sticking to 16/8 to try and halt some of the crazy eating and snacking of the past few weeks. Yesterday I got in 10,500 steps and I just passed 10,000 today already.

Cinque, I just realized that the show you were all talking about several weeks back, “Ask the Doctor” season 1 is on Netflix here. So I watched the first episode on weight loss this morning while I was walking around the house. Good show!

Anzac, sometimes a jump on the scales is just water weight, especially if you had a good NFD. 300g isn’t very much. Get rid of the negative vibes. They only make it more difficult. And never give up on a FD. Once you’ve decided, you have to follow through. It’s non-negotiable. That’s the only way this thing works. You can do this. It’s way better that counting calories 7 days a week and then gaining back all the weight you’ve lost because the diet isn’t sustainable.

LJ, thanks for posting the legume recipes link. It’s always good to have new ideas for meals. That berry tisane picture looks like the Tealyra – Cherry Goddess tea I had today. It was one that I had in a Lock and Lock conainer in the pantry and forgot about for a while. I forgot how good it is. I may go back to a cup of the T2 Teas with caffeine once in the morning and see how much the caffeine affects me. It tastes better than the decaf teas that I have here. But I do wish T2 would do some decaf versions of some of their popular teas.

Wow, I took too long! LJ, Cinque, Lindsay and Quacker crossed posts with me. Gotta readvand catch up now.

Good morning, I’m a late arrival to the group of Wednesday fasters. Leftover kippers and steamed asparagus for me. It doesn’t hold quite the appeal now that it’s been in the fridge for 3 days but I’m doing it anyway. 160cals for 100gm so I suppose it is higher than other protein options, Quacka.

It has taken me ages to read about 23 posts and I bet I forget to comment on some things.

Cinque, it was fabulous to read of your productive day yesterday. Long may it last. Have a wonderful trip tomorrow.

Anzac, I assure you that I have no more willpower than anyone else here. If I did, I wouldn’t be here doing 5:2. If you saw what I had on my plate at the wake, you’d take a different view! I do have some tools though in the form of strategies learned from practicing 5:2. I came to discover that remaining this healthy weight is more important to me than anything I can stuff in my mouth. Most of how I now behave wrt food has come naturally from several years of fasting. The only thing that I do exert my own power over is my rigid adherence to my FDs. I’ve never had a failed FD only because I have an addictive personality and replaced a food addiction with a fast addiction.

So, just get on with this FD and, when it’s over, your presentation be also be over and you can fully enjoy your anniversary and your friends’ visit. It’s just one day! Tomorrow you can have whatever you like! You can do it. Several of us are with you. If it gets tough, remember, at least you’re not having three day old kippers.

Oh dear, I’ve run out of time and there are several people still to respond to. Will have to come back later, CalifD, LJ, Quacka, Lindsay.

HA HA HA HA HA HA – thank you so much Quacka and Cinque for making me chuckle. I now have a very amusing picture of my scales morphing into an ugly, evil goblin making rude gestures at me. Glad you had a really productive day Cinque – I love the feeling after one of those.

Thank you everyone for your encouraging words. Cali and thin – I especially like your reminder that FD is NOT NEGOTIABLE. I was starting to get into the mindset of ‘well if I’m really hungry I could just….’ and instead wait for the hunger to pass because it always does.

Cali – great news about your successful FD> Could you please explain what 16/8 is?

Quacka – I love walking too and it has had an obvious impact on your BP. So glad to read that.

LJoyce, you are right and I should stop weighing daily. It will be hard because I am quite addicted but I’m going to make a huge effort.

Lindsay, it’s probably a good thing to go back to work, as hard as it is to leave your hubby. It will help to clear your head and your hubby sounds like he is craving as much normality as possible.

Looks like a few of us doing FD today – LJ, Quacka, Cinque and anyone else – enjoy! It’s 10.30am and I am feeling strong and certain to stick to my FD plan today. Yay!

Anzac, 16/8 is 16 hours of fasting and then 8 hours of eating. It isn’t really fasting, it’s just eating within a certain window. In my case, I’ll eat from noon until 8pm. Some people use it as a way to diet. I don’t think it would work for me as the only means of weight loss, but I’m hoping that doing it on NFD for a while will get me out of the late night snacking habit. I don’t normally eat breakfast anyway, but will pick at food in the late morning which just seems to make me more hungry at lunch. I never tried it before but maybe it’ll change some of my bad eating habits. I’ll see how it goes.

Lindsay, it’s so maddening that the doctor hasn’t returned your call or at least had someone else return it. Top specialist or not, he could have a little empathy.

Have a great FD or NFD, everyone.

Oh my gosh, so many posts . . . you all are amazing, especially as you take the time to respond to every person. Good on all of you!

The description of the Evil Scale was hilarious; thanks for a chuckle! And I’m so glad to hear that Harry and Meghan are even lovelier than they appear to be!

Just wanted to say hello and to wish everyone a lovely day, whether it’s FD or NFD.

Cheers!

Hi all.

I’m feeling frustrated with the scales too. Here’s a run down of my daily readings from last Thursday till today.

Up 0.4kg
    Up 0.4kg
    Down 1.3kg
    Down 0.3kg
    Up 0.5kg
    Up 1.5kg

It’s been a constant yoyo for many months now.

On the upside the electrician is coming this morning to wire the new shed and also relocate some electrics in the house in preparation for internal renovations. I can then put the treadmill in the shed and set up the gym so exercise will be part of my daily routine again.

On the downside it’s midday and the electrician is nowhere to be seen….grrrr.

Hey all

New here, currently menu planning.

I live in Melbourne.

Basically started this (plus an exercise program) because I don’t want to be this size for my milestone birthday in 20 months. I used to be fit & ate really well, but fell off the wagon big time after a few injuries while hiking in remote parts of the world.

I also have the warning signs to pre-diabetes 2, my blood pressure is creeping up slightly (still within a normal range, but heading towards grade 1 hypertension), I’m also minus a gall-bladder.

Looking at myself in the mirror a few days ago made me do a double-take and go “freck it! It is time”.

If you’ve read this far, thank you!

So here I am.

Hi Punks and a really warm welcome to you.

Congratulations on your choices to start this way of eating and an exercise program as well. You have also found a wonderful forum here. The people here are so supportive and really knowledgeable.

I’m sure someone will post the link to the recipe thread on here if you haven’t already found it.

I am on a FD today so I have checked in here about 10 times today already

Hi Gday. The scales always yoyo for me too. I don’t pay them too much attention as long as the long term trend is down. Hope that electrician has arrived. Tradesmen can be so unreliable and frustrating at times. If you find a good one then keep them!!

All the best 🙂

Hi Punks, welcome! I am new too having started the 5:2 way of eating 4 weeks ago. I echo Quacka’s words about how welcoming, encouraging and fun this forum is. Ask lots of questions, ask for help and vent away as we are all either going through the same issues and/or have done so in the past.

I’m on a FD (fast day) today too and happy with how I am going. Preparation is the key and it looks like you are already well on the path there.

Good luck and looking forward to hearing about and sharing your journey

A quick post (didn’t realise quite what a marathon my morning post was),

Welcome Punks,
    Excellent decisions you are making. All power to you.
    I am in Melbourne too!

Here is the link to our recipe thread: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/southern-hemispherites-fd-recipes/ if you want some inspiration or to add a recipe of yours!

Quacka I thought I was clever to notice I had crossed posts with Lindsay, but I missed yours! I’ve caught up now.

Hi Cali, Suz, Gday and Anzac,

I am being fairly productive today! Good on a Fast Day! Off to do more. Cheers all.

PS Talking about bad sleep and bad eating… https://www.diabetesaustralia.com.au/news/15557?type=research

Welcome Punks,
    I hope you find 5:2 easy to get used to and helpful for losing the weight you want.

In addition to the link that Cinque posted (FD recipes from people in this group), you could also look more generally in the recipe section: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/forum/food/recipes/

A few basic tips:
    – Don’t skip FDs, just do the best you can.
    – Most people (although I’m not one of them) find it easier to nominate specific days that will always be their FDs. The routine can help.
    – Plan ahead for your FDs. When you are hungry it’s harder to make good decisions so organise your FD food ahead of time.
    – Once you find FD meals that work for you it’s generally easier to use them frequently on FDs. It doesn’t get boring as you only need these recipes 2 days a week.
    – Ask for help. All of us here have benefited from the support and advice of the others in this group. We will be happy to help if you have questions, or just need to unload some mental baggage. Getting past the thought processes that undermine us is a big part of the process.
    – How much you eat on NFDs can make a difference to weight loss. It is worth working out your TDEE for your goal weight. Your NFD eating should be somewhere in the vicinity of this. This page explains it all: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/how-many-calories-on-a-non-fast-day/
    – Work out when you really need to eat on FDs. You may not need every meal – it’s much easier to make the limited calories work if you are able to go without 1 or 2 meals. This is a very individual thing and really depends on wen your appetite is strongest and also on the demands of your work and life.
    However, if focusing on FDs and NFDs is too much, get the FDs right first.

Good luck

Hi everyone,

Welcome Punks, and you will come to discover what a good decision you’ve made re 5:2.

Lindsay – I hope today is a better day. Praying for your OH and you and your family. You’re on a rollercoaster, with concerns for OH, work, and littlies to look after and ties to royal tour duties – what a spread of emotions you’re managing.

Re the surgeon: in my humble opinion, top surgeons can be brilliant, but can be egotistical, and sometimes have little empathy and can be lacking in good bedside manners due to their brains wanting to get onto the next thing so quickly. Sometimes they take on a very heavy schedule that keeps them interested but means they’re not very accessible. It also means they sometimes don’t explain as many things or in as much detail as we’d like. However, I do hope you are able to get some answers soon for OH’s peace of mind and yours.

Re FDs: do the best you can. 5:2 is very forgiving. Just keep going as best you can.

Last year I had an Annus Horriblus. I had reached my goal weight, but then over the stressful yearI struggled to complete FDs, some done well, some abandoned, some not attempted. 5:2 had already helped me pinpoint stress eating tired eating patterns – when stressed or overtired I crave carbs and sugars. Given my particular preferred eating pattern, one of our SHs suggested I just concentrate on getting to 3pm, as going past that really spiralled me out of control. This worked for me, helped me not give myself more stress over failing, and I ended the year up a little but not heaps.

Suz – lol, some of us are good at answering everyone, some of us less so, whoever’s going through extra stress at the time does well to just keep messaging often shorter messages to stay 5:2ing and stay sane, and I’m not very good at it with a more spasmodic brain, no techie skills, and holes in my memory. I use myself as an example because it is not necessary to follow suite, answer everyone, etc. There are no requirements here. We have found it helps us to support each other through various life things and other factors that play into our food/health/weight issues, and we have some good friendships here, but if people do not want to participate to that extent that’s OK. Whatever works for each person.

I am having a rest day while OH and visitors are out touristing again. Having an overactive October!

Onwards and Downwards,
    If you fall off the horse get back on,
    Merry

I’m having a very busy day. When I’ve come back to resume my replies, there are more posts to read and I get behind again. I’m glad you said all that Merry to remind me that I’m not obligated to reply to everyone and everything. Even so, for me it feels rude to ignore people which does add a layer of responsibility. That’s just me. I’ll try to remember some of what I wanted to say and apologies in advance for any omissions.

Firstly, welcome Punks. Looks like you got plenty of good advice above. I remember a tipping point was seeing myself sitting on the edge of the bed naked in the spare bedroom where there is a full length mirror. That was over four years ago. I also used to see photographs of myself and think, ‘that was a bad photo’. Nope, it was accurate. I was fat. Now I’m slim. You will be too if you stick around.

CalifD, I think I did you ask you before how tall you are and had a feeling that we were the same height. Perhaps I have shrunk as well. I hope you had a good NFD.

Lindsay, I’m glad there were some fun moments with that little GD of yours to brighten this stressful time. Your account of the specialist reminds me of a movie in which a doctor gets diagnosed with something horrible and experiences life on the other end of the stethoscope. I can’t remember the name of it, it’s an oldie. Continued best wishes to Mr L.

As an obsessive weigher, I won’t ‘weigh in’ on the scales advice. Except to say that I let them be my constant guide. After all, if they say I’m up and they were only kidding, what’s the worst that can happen if I cut back on eating a bit the next day?

Have all the fasters had a good day? I have an annoyingly delicious smelling quiche in the oven for the OFMs tonight. And, as you know, I’m having left over kippers. I did buy some fabulously fresh asparagus though and, as someone said, Q or Anzac I think, they were grown in Oz.

Run out of time again. Hello everyone else. Suz, LJ, GDSA. Who’d I miss?

Safe travels Cinque. Yes, that was quite a post this morning. I wonder if we will hear from you while you’re away? Happy Anniversary tomorrow Anzac. Has it only been 4 weeks that you’ve been with us? Seems much longer.

A quick post while I have my lovely morning-after-Fast-Day breakfast and then get ready to head off for my holiday.

Cali, that is cool you caught ‘Ask the Doctors’. I could tell by my twitter feed that the people who made it were excited that it got onto Netflix.

Thin, were your 3 day old kippers better than expected? I bet the asparagus was yummy.

Thank you friends, yesterday was quite productive and this morning had better be!

Gday, you are having a frustrating time. Hopefully your gym set up will help. Otherwise, what can you do but keep it easy and sustainable and keep on keeping on. I can’t remember how long it is since I added this link, but it is a good one to read when weight loss is disappointing: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/really-no-weight-loss/

Merry, I hope it was a delightful rest day.

Cheers everyone. I don’t think I will post til I get home in a few days. It will be great to read through all the posts then!

Best wishes to you all.

I fall into the ‘try to reply’ category and sometimes get lost in the posts, so always an apology to those I’ve missed.
    Merry, Calif, Thin I couldn’t agree more about your comments about doctors.
    Anzac it wasn’t til I got to work that I began to think rationally – so took your advice Cinque to agitate. I phoned the practice and very firmly questioned why, when my husband was sitting at home going blind, the doctor wouldn’t respond to an emergency phone call. The practice nurse sprung into action, got on to the surgery where the doctor was consulting, and arranged an immediate appointment. Ironically the surgery is right over town from where I live – but directly opposite the entrance to the university where I work. My DD took him immediately and the outcome was that he is booked for more emergency surgery later today. To be fair, my DD said the doctor moved heaven and earth to get my husband into an already full schedule. I won’t go into the detail – it’s pretty graphic – It’s a temporary measure to allow the natural healing process to kick in and hopefully he should have some more sight for the week it lasts.
    Cinque the Mornington Peninsula is so beautiful – I hope you have a great break. Is there anything nicer than waking up to the little ones crawling into bed with you?
    Punks welcome to the forum….this way of life will change yours. It has for some many of us.
    Hi G’day ….. once you get that treadmill up and running (literally), those readings will change. Really, they will.
    Well, despite all the advice about never caving on a FD (and I never have yet), I traded dinner last night for a block of chocolate! Not a whole block, and it was dark not milk, but what was I doing? I’d planned to have fish, but my gorgeous son made us two big containers of pasta sauce which my DIL dropped over yesterday with some beautiful flowers too. I already had cooked pasta for my OH before I left for work, but by the time came to cook the fish I’d just run out of oomph.
    Back on the horse today.

Thanks for the welcome all.

I’ve got a basic meal plan sorted out, working out macros etc on the dishes, then will make my shopping list. Once I’ve given some of my dishes a try, I will add them to the recipe thread.

I stupidly had pasta yesterday & have had it well and truly drummed into my head and body that gluten and I don’t mix any more – which is good because I was planning on dropping all gluten & grains.

I’m planning on doing he 5:2 combined with 8:16. FDs are going to be easy – I can actually go 2 or 3 days without even thinking about eating.

I’m also studying Bachelor of Health Science (majoring in naturopathy), so will be incorporating some of the stuff I’ve learnt from nutritional biochemistry (and other subjects) into how I do things.

Oh well coffee time, haven’t had one this morning, just went and got a single source origin long black & going to throw a splash of milk in there.

Have a great day all!

Good morning all

Official weigh-in day and sadly, despite the scales dipping 700g overnight after my FD, I still have to report a 100g gain for the week. Pfft. But I will put it behind me and onwards and downwards

Thin – when I updated my tracker spreadsheet this morning I realised it is 5 weeks, not 4. But I agree it does feel like much more.

Merry, I am the same when stressed and/or overtired. I crave carbs carbs carbs and I’ve noticed that slowly doing this WOE I’m able to control them better. Hopefully soon I will be able to control them completely – I’m confident of that. Glad you could rest up while your visitors and OH do some touring around

Gday, my weight fluctuates a lot too and it can be very annoying. I’m going to take the advice here and try not to weigh every day.

I have to get into work, sorry I couldn’t reply to everyone. Have a great day!

Perth, 6.30am 28C

Now, if I didn’t weigh daily (did I say daily, more like thrice daily) I wouldn’t have known that I dropped 700gm following my FD yesterday. Well done Anzac on your 700gm loss. 100gm gain overall is annoying but you can probably reflect why that might have been? Don’t reflect for too long though as it’s a special day for you. Happy Anniversary! Is it 27 years? That’s how long we’ve been married too (also seems much longer as OH likes to say, ha ha).

Punks, you have made a perfect start to 5:2 by planning. It takes some effort at the outset but, as time passes, you will slip into this WOL effortlessly. When I started, I planned 8 FDs in advance for several months. Like LJ, I also came to rely on just a few recipes for my FDs and they are so easy now.

LJ, how cool to have your own zucchs growing. Cinque, your explanatory photo of gender is hilarious.

Lindsay, I was so happy to read your post and to discover that there’s hope for Mr L. now. But I was also irritated to know that he’s been suffering needlessly because of that rude specialist when there was intervention available. It wasn’t a FD yesterday, was it? So, maybe not a great decision but you didn’t really fall off the horse. And you probably needed chocolate with all the anxiety that these weeks have brought you. Is your DD a famous name in journalist circles?

Cinque, the kippers were actually very tasty, if a bit smelly when the layers of wrapping came off. It was a dead easy FD and, when I finish this, I am off for an early walk because it will be too hot when I get home from bridge. I will miss your posts but it will make me even more appreciative of them.

Hi Thin. The doctor explained that if OH had sight in both eyes, he would have waited another week to see if he would scar naturally. But because he’s only got the sight in one, and that’s virtually gone, he’s going to try this. I am so glad I got assertive – I wouldn’t want my love going through another week of uncertainty. No guarantees for what happens in a week, but a light at least. Here’s something that will tickle your fancy …. my DD sat with OH during the consultation. The doctor took a call but asked the caller to ring back and as he gave his mobile number, DD quickly jotted it down. I won’t use it – unless he doesn’t phone us back in an emergency, again.
    Yes, I did try a FD yesterday – ridiculous. I’m still doing 16:8 religiously though. It helps maintain, I think, but not lose. Good work on your loss. It’s impressive.
    (My DD was high profile when she was a political journalist in Canberra – much less so now she’s home and only working part-time with the two little girls.)

Hi Thin, thanks, it is 26 years so just behind you 🙂

Lindsay, so happy to hear there are things happening to help your OH. I’m glad the specialist moved heaven and earth for you

Good morning everyone

Happy anniversary Anzac 🙂

Lindsay so glad that your OH is getting some treatment at last. Really hope it works x

My FD was a success again yesterday. I don’t know how I made it through the day as work was so boring, the calm before the storm. Well actually, I probably checked in here about 15 – 20 times lol, that is how I got through 😉
    I really prefer to be busy on a FD, actually any day really.

I made some plain cauliflower rice to go with dinner last night. Did you know 450g cauliflower (rice or whole pieces) is only about 100 calories? It makes a huge bowl. I have leftover for lunch today made into a salad. So filling and so low calorie!

Weight this morning was 68.4kg so FDs have worked (of course). My aim now is to not put on any over the weekend. Protein and veggies/salads here we come all weekend, and no nasty chinese smorgasbord for dinner on Sunday. Oops I said I wasn’t going to mention what it was that ruined my NFD on Sunday. Oh well lol……

I went for a walk this morning again. Its so lovely to be out walking and seeing the sun rise and all the fishermen launching their boats. I feel really good when I have walked.

I am having an almond milk coffee from the cafe next door while I write this.

Hope everyone has a good day x

1pm Thurs, Adelaide

Lindsay, so pleased that the surgeon is taking action. Well done for pushing.

Anzac, happy anniversary.

Hello everyone else. Hope you are having a good day.

I spent the morning potting up plants (herbs, micro greens and rhubarb). I have a quick break to eat something before heading off for babysitting duties.
    An unusually busy day for me.
    I’ll catch up properly tomorrow.

Here is a little bit of romance to brighten your day 🙂

My wedding day – 26 years and about 20 kilos ago (not for long)!

https://imgur.com/iEYMxpu

Anzac – beautiful!

Lindsay, ha ha, great thinking on your DD’s part! I could drive myself nuts trying to work out her identity.

Quacka, oh yes, I’m a big fan of cauliflower. I haven’t made the cauliflower rice for ages but will get on to it. I’m doing the Pernod chicken again tonight. And have also found a recipe to start using up the half drunk bottle of Ouzo in the liquor cabinet.

My partner and I came first in bridge today and I sold a pair of my beloved Corfu jeans in the size above for $25! It took me years to finally let go of the larger sizes and, even then, I still hung on to the size 12s. Oh, and it wasn’t 700gm but 900gm down because I weighed again after walking. Pretty happy with the day so far.

Anzac, what a lovely wedding photo! You’re beautiful! And Happy Anniversary to you both.

Lindsay, so glad that your OH is finally getting the attention he deserves. And I’m so glad that you called again. (And now you have his cell number 😊) From what I read in some of those articles, a couple of the procedures can be done a few times if needed, at least that’s how I understood it. I hope he is seeing better and not experiencing pain by the time you read this.

Cinque, hope you’re having fun by the sea and having nice weather. I’ll miss your morning posts here while you’re away. I laughed at your photos of the male & female zucchini flowers. 😁

Punks, welcome to the forum. FD meals become so routine after a while that you hardly even think about them. Most of us have a few favorite meals that we usually eat. I try to go for the biggest volume for the least calories, which usually means plain vegetables, or for soup, which always seems to be filling.

After yesterday’s 16/8 NFD, my weight stayed the same which is pretty good for the second day after a FD. Tomorrow is my Thursday FD. I managed to walk 12,000 steps yesterday and over 11,000 today. It’s been a good week so far.

LJ, you’re growing rhubarb in a pot? I would love to try growing it here but the hot, dry summers might be tough on it. If it would do well in a big pot I could move it around.

Quacka, glad you joined me in walking today. It does feel good after getting some exercise, doesn’t it? Cauliflower isn’t only a calorie bargain, it’s really good for you too. I had been eating cauliflower rice for a while but found that I was much more tempted to put butter or something high calorie on it. Don’t ask me why it’s easier to eat it in chunks without any topping other than salt, but it is. Maybe because I’m accustomed to putting things on regular rice?

Merry, glad you’re able to get a little rest today and letting OH handle the tourist duties. Hope you’re truly relaxing and not cleaning up after visitors.

Has anyone watched “The Bodyguard” on TV? It just started on Netflix and I think there are 6 episodes to the season. We watched 2 tonight. Very tense! I read that it was a big hit in the UK so maybe it’s broadcast there as well.

Thin, congrats on coming it first in Bridge again. You’re getting good! And congrats on the weight loss and for getting rid of the big size jeans that you’ll never need again.

You guys count grams too?
    Anzac are you trolling?
    Sad because you gained 10 grams?
    Maybe I am not getting it because of the language barrier or you guys are obsessed af.
    Relax and enjoy life,thats obsessing to the point of an eating disorder!

100grams*

Viewing 50 posts - 17,801 through 17,850 (of 28,011 total)

You must be logged in to reply.