Hello Southern Hemispherites!!

This topic contains 27,907 replies, has 831 voices, and was last updated by  thinatlast 3 days, 10 hours ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 16,451 through 16,500 (of 28,011 total)

• Good morning everyone,
    It is lovely Morning-After-Fast-Day for me.
    I had a good fasty fast yesterday.
    And how nice to wake up to the news that four of those Thai kids are safely out.

Hives update. Ooh they were dreadful yesterday. It took a lot of googling but I discovered that being low in magnesium can mean Vitamin D can’t be taken up by the body and can cause hives instead. I’m off to find magnesium today! (Much better than becoming allergic to sunlight, which I was worrying about.) And luckily I asked a neighbour if she might have some: she didn’t, but suggested I take antihistamine. Sweet relief! (I hadn’t thought to do this!)

Another thing I meant to share: In the Insight program with Michael Mosley and lots of other experts, they several times made the point that ‘losing weight also means losing muscle and bone mass’. Hence exercise, especially weight bearing exercise is important. (Hoping that lifting up granddaughters is enough!).

LJoyce, have you got your internet?

I’m off for a busy day with family and friends. In the family part we will be watching ‘Nanette’ since my daughter has foxtel. I am looking forward to it!

Hope your day is a good one! Cheers to the fasters.

Good morning everyone

Monday FD for me. I am having a tea with the almond & coconut milk in it. It is actually very nice. Looking forward to trying it in a coffee later on in the day.
    Thin, what brand is the one you have that is 17 calories for 80ml? Mine is about 46 calories for 100ml.

Penguin, I have been meaning to ask. What do you eat for your first foods after the five day water fasts? I noticed my digestive system was a bit delicate after my B2B days and was hoping for some advice. Also if anyone else has any ideas, please let me know.

Arel, hope you are ok. Been thinking of you. Also you too Paula, hope you are still reading these posts.

I hope you are all doing well šŸ™‚
    xx

@ljoyce – hope the techies sorted out your phone line/internet access yesterday
    @quacka – how did you go with B2B, did it have a positive result as far as your scales are concerned?

I seem to have reached a plateau, so instead of weight shifting it’s just shape shifting, which I am still happy with. Wrecking my brains how to best shift some weight again, and I am receptive to any suggestions of how to kick start.

Good morning all,
    My NFDs are going better now. Iā€™m trying to eat no more than 3 times a day. Which can mean breakfast lunch dinner or it can mean lunch dinner and a snack. But each event is distinct not one long grazing session. I feel more stable with my NFD eating now.

Unfortunately I still donā€™t have my phone line or internet connected – still trying to sort that out.

Fasting today. Iā€™ve made my favourite butternut soup which is flavoured with lemon and nutmeg rather than the usual cream or milk.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Hi everyone,

Well done – on your FD Cinque.
    – on sticking to your 3 eating sessions, no extra snacks LJ.

Iā€™m joining you Quacka, on Monday FD. I have used 17cal/ 100 ml Almond and Cā€™nut milk, but blank what the brand is. Going to shop later to get some so will get back to you.

Sybs – shape shifting is good. The occasional plateau is normal. We go down in steps and stairs, not a straight line.Re anon- shifting plateau : my strategies are:
    1. Write down everything I eat and drink with calories
    2. Stop eating any starchy carbs.
    3. Keep digestive tract functioning using 1-2 teaspoons psyllium husk each morning. Itā€™s no calories, just fibre.
    4. Stay under 1/4 TDEE, 360cals for me.

Monday check in:
    Weight 66.0kg on rising, going down to 65.8kg a bit later.
    FD today. Weight isnā€™t shifting yet, but given I donā€™t eat till after noon, from when we got home from UK, my weight didnā€™t go down through the mornings like it usually does. Today it is, and my elimination pattern is returning to normal, and I donā€™t think those 2 are linked. I think it was fluid.

Onwards and Downwards,
    And if you fall off the horse, get back on,
    Merry

Hi to everyone,

My dear brother is finally at peace and is no longer suffering, which is a comfort. Thank you for all your kind thoughts.

May have a break for a few days.
    Bye for now!

Arel, thinking of you. I hope you and your family are coping with this loss.

Dear Arel. I was very sad for you when I read your news, but pleased you are taking comfort from your brother no longer being in pain. I am sure your family members will all be a great support to each other, and your online friends are also here for you, when you return. Take care.

It is evening and I have just got back from my daughters.

So sad to hear your news Arelkade. Although it is to good that your brother is no longer suffering, I also know the hole that is rent in your family. Sending lots of love.

I’ll catch up properly in the morning. Best wishes.

Arelkade. I lost my younger brother seven years ago. With time it will hurt less but you will still have the memories. The priority now is to comfort the survivors – including you!

Hi all. Hope your FDs went well, and your NFD equally so. Sybs I found when I plateaued for such a long time, that the only thing that got my weight heading down was a combination of 16:8, 5:2 and quite low carb. Typically on a FD (for me tomorrow) I’ll have a small tin of salmon with celery sticks for lunch, then for dinner white fish with quite a lot of steamed green veges. So I’m having dinner tonight (grilled steak and salad) at 7, and will not eat again until probably around noon, depending on whether I get a break between consultations. Good luck

thanks Lindsay, that’s pretty much what I am doing. I am sure it’s only temporary, just as it was at the beginning. Actually I am not too worried:-)) tomorrow I am starting Tai Chi, again, and very much looking forward to it. I did some Tai Chi about 5 years ago, but this time I’ll keep on going.

Arel, I am so sorry. It is a blessing that your brother is no longer in pain, but I know the agony of losing someone so close and dear to you. Iā€™ll be thinking of you and your family and sending love from California to NSW, Australia.

Hello everyone I’m Perry Thanks for your update and your threads

“KEEP IT UP !”

Sybs, plateaus are normal but some are quite persistent and frustrating. I hit a plateau after 3 months on 5:2 that lasted a couple of months. I had to watch my NFDs more carefully. I eventually shifted my weight down but it took a while.

@ljoyce – thank you, I’ll watch NFDs more carefully. But as I said, I am not too concerned as long the weight does not start creeping up. Still walking every morning for about 45 – 60 minutes, and this morning I am also starting Tai Chi again, so I know I am doing all the right things. My friends keep reminding me that I am 71 years, they don’t seem to understand that I am enjoying this re-awakened way of life, it’s not punishment!

Sybs, I hit a few plateaus over the 8 months it took to reach my goal. When it just wouldnā€™t budge, I added a 3rd FD to the week, a B2B with on of the 2 other days. That usually got things moving again. And I cut down on snacking on NFDs.

LJoyce, when I didnā€™t see a long post from you Sunday or Monday morning, I figured they didnā€™t get the thing hooked up yet or else you were out dancing in the streets to celebrate that they did! šŸ˜ Trying to type on a phone must be getting old by now. Did they give you any idea of when they might get it hooked up? I miss your long posts.

Merry, are you getting over your jet lag yet? šŸ˜µ

Good morning everyone,
    I’m very slow after my big day yesterday. It was a lovely social day with family and friends, so worth it.

Hi Quacka, Penguin, Lindsay and Cali.

Sybs, you are so sensible to presume your plateau is just your body waiting for a bit of a whoosh. You are doing all the right things. Enjoy that Tai Chi.

LJoyce, so sorry the internet is still not on. (So disappointing that I almost expected to hear that). Hope it is soon!

Merry, I bet you are right about that fluid. I am sure I have heard that flying does that. About time it is coming off now though!

Thinking of you today Arelkade.

Good Morning everyone

I am sorry for your loss, Arel. You and your family will remain in my thoughts today x

Today is the second day of my B2B FDs. Yesterday I was very positive until that dreaded 3pm mark when I just had to eat. I had been shopping earlier in the day for OH’s lunch items for the week and so there was some chicken breast slices from the deli in the fridge at work. I ate some of these and was really disappointed in myself that I was destroying my FD. Then I stopped to think for a moment and worked out the calories. I adjusted my dinner to have only broccoli, cauliflower and cabbage with my pork where I would usually include sweet potato and a small amount of potato. My calories for the day came in at just over 500, so FD complete!

I am feeling positive today also but this time I am prepared for that 3 pm hunger. I have some celery sticks and some left over veggies from last night. Early this morning I cut up all my veggies for veggie soup for dinner. When I get home from work all I have to do is get it cooking. I am looking forward to it and it is very low calorie.

By the way ladies, I am really enjoying the almond coconut milk in my coffee and tea. It is delicious. Got to run, work calls.

Have a great day all xx

Good morning all and welcome to Perry. Ask any questions. Nothing is too small to ask.

Arelkade – these are bittersweet days now – and we are all with you in spirit. Take care of yourself, and I hope that the next few weeks all happen as easily as possible.

Re the plateau, my memory has been jogged, so Iā€™ll add to my list :

4. Keeping track of NFDā€™s and keeping them normal days, and keep any celebrations moderate.

5. Look at liquids – they can add unnecessary calories. Sparkling water has helped a lot of people feel they are having ā€œsomething extraā€.

6. Keep nutrition balanced, and fluid intake up, food you enjoy that is within your calorie limits.

7. Iā€™m not a fan of adding extra FDs or B2Bs especially if in the first 3 weeks of a plateau. Less people can handle 3 FDs a week than 2FDs. Plateaus seem to be a normal function of our bodiesā€™ weight loss. I donā€™t know why they happen, but as it seems to be consistent across people, I wonder if it has a particular function that weā€™re not aware of yet. It takes persistence to keep going while plateauing but
    well worth it.

8. On FDs I eat 1 meal after 6pm.
    On NonFDs I eat 2 meals a day – lunch and dinner.

Check in : Day 10 today (10 hrs time zone crossed); my body feels much more normal – fluidy feeling is down but not totally out.

Weight : 66.0kg at 7.30am, 65.6kgs at 9.30am even after a glass of water at 7.30am, which is back to a normal pattern.

Days 1-8: weight didnā€™t go down at all between rising and 1st food after 12noon.
    Day 9: weight went down 0.2 kgs in first 3 hrs after rising.
    Day 10: weight went down 0.4kgs in 1 1/2 hes after rising.

Itā€™s been interesting for me to see how my body reacts to jetlag. I also asked a friend who has been an international air steward long term, and she said ā€œwest is bestā€. If youā€™re going a long way west, best to come home by continuing west. Going east is harder on the body.

Onwards and Downwards,
    If you fall off the horse, get back on,
    Merry

Well done Quacka!

I got unsweetened Almond milk at Aldi yesterday, 16 cals/100mls -Inner Goodness brand. Iā€™ve been using Almond Breeze Almond Milk, unsweetened vanilla flavour, also 16 cals/100mls. Iā€™m starting to prefer the straight almond milk. Havenā€™t tried the Aldi brand before.

I think, but not sure, the Almond and Coconut Milk I used to get with 17 or 18 cals/100mls was also Almond Breeze.

Cali & Cinque, your conclusion is right, still no phone or internet. My provider decided yesterday that it was all too difficult and they would not be able to provide internet until NBN was rolled out in my area (March 2019). It meant that I needed to do something I thought I never would – go back to Telstra. I went to the Telstra shop at the closest shopping centre. It took 3 hours to get it all sorted and I now have 3 separate technician visits booked over the next 2 weeks to get all the cabling in place. Phone and internet need to be installed separately. Aparently I canā€™t use the phone line to access the internet because a fibre optic cable is available to my house. It means Iā€™ll get great internet speeds once itā€™s installed, but itā€™s a lot of fuss to get the data point put inside. I know some people donā€™t mind using their phone but I struggle to read the tiny print and if I enlarge it the text doesnā€™t fit on the screen and it becomes difficult to read easily. I still live in hope that this will get sorted.

Good Morning everyone :):)

Just a quick check in. It’s the day after B2B FD’s for me. I had a rough night with nightmares again but I am still feeling great. Weight this morning is down half a kg from last week’s day after B2B’s weigh in. So happy its working for me.
    Sybs, you asked earlier in the posts how my weight was going but I wanted to wait until today to answer šŸ™‚
    I think the B2B is the right thing for me. Yesterday was one of the easiest FD’s I have ever had. I think I was psychologically ready for it as well as being ready with food for when the 3pm hunger strikes. Guess what! I didn’t even eat the food I had brought to work!!

Got to go. Take care xxxx

Good morning,
    Chilly here, but nice to have the news on and hearing the whole world cheer for the boys saved, and a job well done.
    Tomorrow will be my fast day this week. Back into my old habit.

Quacka, great work managing that first fast day, and being prepared for the second one. I hope it went well.
    Edit: Just saw your post. Congratulations! Excellent!

Merry, so glad you are leaving jetlag behind, and feeling like you know what your body is up to.

LJoyce, shame on NBN. I am the same, I like to sit at my big computer screen to write.

I’ve somehow got my fridge and freezer absolutely stacked. Excellent food. I won’t have to cook for a fortnight. I’m concentrating on no snacks and really seeing how good it is for me.

Arelkade, do you have a funeral time for your brother set yet? May I light one of my little tealight candles then, as part of my thinking of you?

Best wishes to all of you, doing what is good for you.

Hi everyone
    Thinking of you all and thank you all for your very comforting comments.

Cinque – I’d love for you to light a candle – thank you so much. His funeral is tomorrow (Thursday) at 12.30pm, in Belmont, outside Newcastle NSW.

My younger brother has just arrived by train and we’ll all go down by car in the morning. I think tomorrow will be the hardest of all.

You are all a lovely bunch of friends – thank you from the very bottom of my heart xx
    Bye for now!

Arelkade, I will light a candle for your brother too. I like Cinqueā€™s idea of honoring your brother that way. Itā€™ will be on Wednesday in California because weā€™re 17 hours behind NSW time. But it will be at the same time.

I hope you find comfort in being with relatives and friends of your brother, who share not only your sorrow, but also all of the good times they shared with him.

There was a quote by Deepak Chopra, I think, that when a person dies we think of their soul leaving their body, but itā€™s really the other way around. Itā€™s the body that leaves the soul. The soul is always there, it always exists. I do believe that.

Arelkade. We will all be thinking of you.

I have been away for four days visiting family and reading these posts on my phone, so I have forgotten who asked. After a long water only fast I start to eat gently with a very light meal. I have read that is best, and I will by then have pretty much lost interest in food. I eat something easy, possibly a banana or an egg.

The family visit inevitably increased my weight. I refused breakfast, which was disapproved of, but the other meals were just too calorie dense and I am up four or five pounds. I have a four day water fast planned for next week, so until then I will just eat gently and sensibly.

Good morning,
    Arelkade, I’ll light the candle at 12:30.
    It will be nice to think of your one shining too Cali, and all good thoughts from this little group.

It is Fast Day for me.

Good Morning everyone

Thinking of you Arel xx

Thanks, Penguin, for posting about what you eat after your water fasts. This week my digestive system was fine, so I am thinking it may have just been in shock last week!

Thanks Cinque for your support šŸ™‚

I weighed myself again this morning and I have managed to stay same weight as the day after B2B even though I had a NFD yesterday. The weekend is coming which unfortunately is always my downfall, so I am going to try and be very conscious of what I eat (drink) this weekend.

I hope you are all well xx

Good work Quacka! Today is another FD for me. I’m the lightest (it’s all relative) I’ve been in years. I may even have to buy a belt. I wore jeans for my outing with Miss Prep yesterday, and had to keep letting go of her hand to hitch my trousers.
    Penguin warning to turn away now – but another thing I love about all this is how easy it is now to get into my tights. I won’t paint a picture … but anyone who’s ever had to puff and pant to pull up their pantyhose will know exactly what I mean!

@lindsay – and I enjoy being able to tie my shoe laces simply bending down – it’s so good to no longer having to put my foot on a chair to do it :-))

@Arel – thinking of you – please take care of your needs

@All – hope you are having a wonderful day, whether FD or NFD

I’ve just lit the candle for Arelkade’s brother. It is very beautiful and will burn all afternoon.

Quacka good luck this weekend. Have you got some lovely sparkling water and lemon to replace an alcoholic drink with?

Lindsay and Sybs, isn’t in wonderful how much easier those everyday things are with less excess weight. Such a relief.

I’m half way through my fast day. It is cold here, so glad of a hot cuppa.

Best wishes to everyone.

Lindsay, sitting here laughing, thinking of you having to keep letting go of Miss Prepā€™s hand to hitch up your trousers.šŸ˜ Yes, I would say you need either a belt or new skinny trousers!

Lindsay L. What do you think cold weather motorcyclists wore under their leathers before thermals became readily available?

Gosh Penguin that’s an image I’d never before contemplated!

Calif I have a whole wardrobe of these jeans from Rodney Clark. Honestly, I’d have 20 pairs in every colour. So I am going to head back to Hoi An in October, with a suitcase full of clothes that are too big, and let my favourite tailor loose on them. For the cost of a pair of jeans here in Australia, I’ll get my whole wardrobe resized.

Just thinking about the things that are easier, minus exess kilos. Getting up on a step ladder, reaching an itchy spot on my back that previously was out of reach, bending down to play with the little ones. Oh, and not worrying so more about whether I was standing in front of a light source, in case my silhouette exposed what lurked under my clothing. And being able to shop in my wardrobe, where many many dresses in a size or two smaller lurk, often, I am ashamed to say, unworn.

@lindsay – Hoi An is one of my favourite places in Vietnam!

Good morning,
    Ooh I love day after fast day. Enjoying my coffee at the moment.

Lindsay how wonderful that you will be able to get your jeans adjusted. Isn’t it great to have the confidence that they won’t need to be taken out again.
    I was with Cali, chuckling at the thought of having to hitch them up… but what a lovely problem to have.

I have been trying to think of the things I enjoyed being able to do as I lost weight, but the main thing I remember is just how uncomfortable I was at my fattest: 30 kg heavier. My skin just felt stretched and uncomfortable all the time. Clothes just made it worse.

When I was losing weight, and fast day afternoons seemed long and hard, I would go through my wardrobe and the old wooden chest, pulling out all the clothes I hadn’t been able to throw away, and try them on, see if buttons and zips could be done up, and put them in order of which ones I would be able to wear soonest.
    And gradually I was able to wear them all. Some sad times as I had to give away ones that then became too loose.

I hope today is a good day for fasters and non fasters. Thinking of Thin in beautiful Sri Lanka. Thinking of you too Arelkade, I hope it is a gentle day today.

Good morning all.
    I’ve started the day so well. Our house has a tall sloping ceiling, and a large triangular glass panel very high, that I look up to as I have my morning coffee. This morning there is a beautiful sulphur crested cockatoo nibbling at the seeds in the neighbour’s leopard tree which reaches over our property. It really gladdens the spirit.

It’s my post-fast day too Cinque and I have broken a significant barrier – my lowest weight since 2011 when my son got married. I tried on my wedding outfit the moment I got off the scales – result! (as my son would say).

Cinque I enjoyed reading how you motivated yourself to keep going, by trying on all your clothes. It’s must have been quite an incentive to see things that didn’t fit going into the ‘to wear’ section of the wardrobe. I have been cleaning out my cupboards, ready for the day. I think it’s arrived!

Sybs I think Hoi An is one of the loveliest places on earth. We lived in Vietnam for a couple of years (I worked for an Australian university), and we’d bolt there when I had a week between terms. We try to get back a couple of times a year. My son got married in Vietnam – Phu Quoc – which is another lovely place. We are heading to Nha Trang in October/November, with a side trip to Hoi An.
    But first, a couple of weeks in Bali, in late August/September. I’m pitching for another 5 kilos before then, and I’ve warned my travelling pals I won’t be indulging in the cocktails etc. Happy for them to – but I don’t want to go backwards.

Arel you are in my thoughts and I hope, as Cinque says, that you have a gentle day today as you come to terms with your brother’s loss.

Good morning everyone šŸ™‚
    I have the day off today and thought I would try and make a pea and ham soup. It is my first time so I loosely followed a recipe and am making it in the slow cooker. Does anyone know how I would work out the calories for a ham hock? Should I pull all the meat off first and just weigh that? I checked in my fitness pal and it gave me a thousand conflicting answers! Calorie king only has bacon hocks but they say one only weighs 100g. My ham hock was 700g. Iā€™m a little confused as you can see šŸ˜‰
    Hope you are all well. I have been sitting out in the sun just soaking it up. Now dinner is on I think I will get back out there. Hope you all have a great day xx

Quacka,
    I wouldnā€™t recommend removing the meat from the bones and rind before using as most of the flavour will be lost. When your stock/soup is done remove it and separate the meat. Add the ham back to the soup after weighing it, then throw the bones and rind away. I would estimate the calories to be similar to fatty ham or bacon, as some of the fat from under the rind will have dissolved into the soup.

LJoyce, I think youā€™ll like the fiber optic cable better than using phone line connections. Here, the fiber optic is many times faster than phone lines. Weā€™ve been lucky to have cable here in this house and for many years in our last house. Itā€™s more expensive, but to me itā€™s worth it since we run our computers, phones and streaming tv off of it. I can understand why you donā€™t like using your phone for internet. I feel the same. The screen is too small. I usually use an iPad Mini these days which isnā€™t quite as easy as touch typing on my desktop, but more comfortable to sit back when using it and easily carrying it around the house. Did they give you a date that itā€™ll be hooked up?

Quacka, ham and pea soup sounds great. I just guess at calories, but usually have it on NFDs. I often use crumbled soy bacon bits in place oof an actual ham hock because itā€™s easy to keep those on hand and they add a decent amount of flavor although not like the real thing.

Lindsay, I wish there was a place like Hoi An near here. It would be great to have major alterations done on clothing at a reasonable price. Here, it usually less expensive to replace the article of clothing that to have it altered.

Cinque, trying on old thin clothes that began to fit again after many years was one of my favorite things about losing weight too. That and the nice selection of small sizes at the local op shops. So many of my favorite thin clothes now are from there. (Which I havenā€™t gone to for a while. Time for another trip!)

Arel, thinking of you and hoping that good memories soon overshadow the sad ones of the last months.

It is raining, Hooray!

Hooray Penguin!
    I hope it is lovely, long soaking rain.

Cali, I hope you get a lovely productive op shopping trip soon! I did an op shopping trip yesterday to three good ones and found a few useful things. Only clothes were a summer dress, so that will be fun when the season comes round!

I have just finished a container of pea and ham soup my sister made. Such wonderful comforting winter food! No idea of calories but even if you can only have a small bowl, Quacka, it will be so good!

LJoyce, aren’t you useful with questions like this. Cheers to you.

Lindsay, Woohoo! https://media0.giphy.com/media/26tOZ42Mg6pbTUPHW/giphy-downsized.gif
    Is this your goal weight, or do you expect to lose even more?

I wonder if your cockatooo was there again this morning. What a wonderful start to the day. It is pretty and sunny here, I hope that remains for the day.

Best birds I got was waking to magpies carolling, which was also a lovely start.

I am going to pick up my granddaughter this afternoon and keep her overnight. Can everyone please cross fingers that she doesn’t wake up in the night and stay awake. Thanks in advance!

Best wishes for a good day.

Hi everyone. So sorry, havenā€™t had a chance to read all your posts yet. Thank you all for being there when I needed it most – you caring comments gave me great comfort.

Down to my lowest weight for a lot of years: 74.1kg. Iā€™m hoping the downward trend continues ā€“ fingers crossed.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and bye for now!

Hugs to you, Arel. Itā€™s good to see you back here. Are you at home now? Iā€™m not going to say congrats on the weight loss because I know what youā€™ve been through the last months wasnā€™t a fun way to lose it, but Iā€™m hoping you can continue the downward trend. Finding some new FD recipes and sensible NFD ones might be a good diversion from all the sadness. I know that for me, my biggest challenges are NFDs. FD are usually simple.

With the hot weather Iā€™m looking for some ideas for multi serving salads that are filling but donā€™t contain an over abundance of carbs. We all love tuna and pasta salad with mayo on a day like today, but my DS and I always eat too much of it. OH who is thin can easily eat a serving and then quit. DS and I are back to the frig an hour later for ā€œjust a tad moreā€. Iā€™m going to look for some cold legume and veggie salads. Beans have a way of keeping me feeling full for a long time with all of that fiber.

Penguin, great to hear that you got some rain. We could use some of that here too, but rain is rare during the summer months. I hope yours put a damper on the fires,

Good morning everyone
    Just wrote a long post and lost it all. Hope you are all well. I have to go to work now so I might post a bit later
    X

The front page says there should be a post by Quakka here, but I can’t see it šŸ™

I jettisoned my usual Sunday Fast Day after an overnight fail with little Miss 3. I tried a new strategy to stop her from staying awake when she woke in the night, but it didn’t work. So we were both awake before 2:30am and got up at 4:30 am and I took her home at 9am and went into collapse mode for the rest of the day. (We still had a lovely time together).

Slept well (for me) last night, and am looking forward to a fasty fast day today.

Cali, aren’t beans great! Have you tried a chickpea and sweet potato salad? e.g. https://tasty.co/recipe/sweet-potato-and-chickpea-salad Have fun finding some other yummy ones!

Arelkade, congratulations on that lowest weight! Enjoy that downward trend continuing. Sending you lots of good wishes for this week.

Hello to everyone else too. Cheers to the Monday Fasters, it isn’t often I join you.
    Hoping today is a good one.

Quacka, I wrote a quick PS to say I hope you could write soon… and it disappeared! Watch out everyone!

Good morning everyone

Well itā€™s Monday morning, start of B2B FDā€™s for me. Iā€™m actually looking forward to them and am feeling positive. Iā€™m interested to see if the weight loss continues this week and I will be happy if it is even a little bit down from last week. This morning I weighed myself and I am up a bit but not as much as I usually am after the weekend.
    I ate a bit too much bread and drank a bit too much. I think I did ok though.

Thanks LJoyce for the reply for working out the calories of my pea and ham soup. (It was very very yummy) I did exactly as you said except for the part about weighing the ham! I was so excited to be eating it that I threw it all back in and then remembered I was meant to weigh it first!! Oh well I guess it is a NFD soup for me. I have some in the freezer although I may have to share it with OH who actually loved it too. He is a man that hates soup (well he used to LOL)

Cali there are so many salads out there but a couple that I always make in summer are four bean mix salad and also a baby spinach pumpkin salad.
    I just chop up some onion, tomato and cucumber. Open up a can of four bean mix and rinse it really well. Add it to the salad and then dress it with some lemon juice and a little olive oil. Add salt and pepper too. You could also add some parsley or salad leaves or feta cheese. Yum!
    The other salad is just roasted cubes of pumpkin (cooled) then add it to baby spinach or even rocket. I add sliced red capsicum and some red onion. Dress it with balsamic, olive oil and maple syrup shaken together in a jar first. I also add pepper and a bit of salt to the dressing. You can also top it with some toasted pine nuts or again feta cheese if you like it.
    I am looking forward to summer as I love eating all kinds of salads. I thought winter would be easy for fasting but summer is much easier for me. A salad and some kind of protein is what we usually eat for dinner anyway. Itā€™s like a FD meal every night of the week šŸ™‚

Hope everyone is doing well and hope you all have a great day x

Viewing 50 posts - 16,451 through 16,500 (of 28,011 total)

You must be logged in to reply.