Hello Southern Hemispherites!!

This topic contains 27,869 replies, has 831 voices, and was last updated by  thinatlast 21 hours, 3 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 11,101 through 11,150 (of 27,973 total)

• Hey LJ, Love those Uralba Hotel photos! What a fun place to eat and the food pictured looks delicious! Inspiring to read of your mindful eating. Hey I had a chuckle as I viewed the photo of the men’s urinal! …Not that Joffy will be visiting when out with his group in his new suit, though had a chuckle imagining, seeing his back with the aqua blue and yellow color scheme, long hair, Don Johnson style and thought the quirks matched up perfectly, even though he’s going wineries and those men’s urinals are beer kegs!

Congratulations on your success Elasticity also that you’re starting to feel in tune with real hunger via fasting days, which is one of the benefits I most value from practicing 5:2.

GDSA how wonderful that must feel to be wearing a size 12! I’m maintaining and I still wear size 14 jeans.

I’ve eaten my cottage cheese and blueberries, its soon time for my LaZuppa soup!

Hey folks

Guys don’t have jeans ‘sizes’…. we just go by waist measurement, going down 2cm at a time, so it all sounds Greek to me! Sounds like you are having success though! Good on you! Haha I think I’m still in Kmart 42 and 4XL for tops though but hopefully not for long!

Good morning everyone,
    just a quick pop in. My daughter got moved okay, I ended up doing more grandma help (taking 2yo overnight) out of sympathy, and so now need lots of recovery time. So I might not keep up with things, but I will be reading and cheering people on even if I am not writing much.

Merry, great concept: Fast, Non Fast and Learning Days!

Elasticity, Woot! So glad that sneaking on the scales had such a pleasing outcome!

LJoyce, I went from country living back to Melbourne because of my health needs. So I know it is painful but a good decision that pays off very well. My sister has just done a similar thing, moving from the farm into the country town, and is still in the process of grieving. I do so hope you will find a place that you can be happy in.

I heard that Dr. Helena Popovic interview Minka, it was very interesting! Also watched the Dr Mosley one, Gday, as I had missed it before.
    He had a new one on the ABC last night that I taped and am looking forward to watching. http://iview.abc.net.au/programs/michael-mosleys-secrets-of-your-food/ZW1126A001S00

Today is a fast day for me. First I need to get this place, that looks like a bomb hit it, to have enough clear surfaces that my darling home care angel can clean it. Then I will collapse in bed and think about lovely fast day food!
    In the meantime…. coffee!

Best wishes everyone!

Hello everybody- here I am at the airport waiting to board and survived my first challenge watching my H tuck into a ‘big breakfast.’ Stuck to my ‘don’t need breakfast’ mantra and had a cup of β˜•οΈ. Managed to be 500gms under my goal travel weight so that was a great start. I am going to try and win the challenges I can – and let the rest go. Hope you all have a fantastic 3 weeks – go hard and be kind to yourself!

Bon voyage Slimmerella! Enjoy!

Totally agree, Thin and Merry, making sure to observe basic 5:2 will achieve great things for your body.

With 500 calories on fast days, and 2000 calories on non fast days. Gradually your body begins to ask for nutrition as part of the 500 calories, and that causes the switch to healthier eating. You can still eat a piece of pie, and then take that into consideration when working out your total intake for the day.

Cheers, Bay 🌺🌺🌺

Minka, I often have a tiny portion of cottage cheese with blueberries on a FD. I hope your day went well. Yours too GDSA.

Cinque, I watched the MM programme last night and found it very interesting. Even OH enjoyed it and said he wants to watch it again and take notes! Enjoy your bedrest. Sleeping through a FD, eh? That’s a good strategy. Mine’s going well. I woke to a weight I’m happy with so today’s FD will be a bonus and give me some ‘calories in the bank’ for a restaurant meal tomorrow. DD has gone off for her last exam of the trimester and then has two whole days free before beginning some prac work. We’re going out for a big breakfast and hopefully some kayaking tomorrow. Poor thing has been studying from 9am-3am every day and I need to get her out of the house.

Now trying to recall what I read on the previous page yesterday. A challenge any time but especially on a FD….

Oh yes, well done Elasticity, a substantial amount of weight gone I recall.

Enjoyed your pub photos LJ and pleased that you had two pies. You were brave to tackle that rabbit pie; I saw the photo.

Slim, hope the flight is uneventful and that your holiday is fab. If you’re reading, good job on getting beyond your holiday goal weight before leaving. Look forward to hearing from you. I wonder if Chatelaine is back from holiday yet?

Hi Bay, always lovely to see your posts and the little flowers. I hope you’re faring well.

Hope I didn’t forget anyone.

Slim, sounds like you’re off to a good start on your holiday! Well done navigating through your first obstacle with such strength. I bet you walked away feeling clear and on track with your purpose and looking slim and feeling good.

Cinque I trust you were able to catch up with rest today on your FD. I remember shedding some of the largest amounts of weight after having slept the most on a FD. I often reflect on how many calories we can burn sitting in a hot bath and often wonder if a similar principle applies while we are enjoying long hours of quality sleep! Great that your cleaning angel was visiting to make your floors sparkle!

Cinque and Thin, I watched the Dr. M. episode on food and like your OH, Thin, Mr. M. also came over to watch and learn as the topic of lactose intolerance began to be featured, since Mr. M lacks the enzymes to digest lactose. Great that your OH took notes Thin! I’m impressed! I appreciated quite a few things that Dr. M explained, such as why grass fed beef provides essential Omega 3 required by our brains and why grain fed beef doesn’t contain any (which I extrapolate to mean is the same reason why red meat has been shamed as causing health problems and why we’re advised to eat it sparingly only once or twice a week – I bet grass fed beef wouldn’t be found to cause health issues were it tested and compared).

Elasticity, I chuckled reading of your chagrin with regard to women’s sizes. As a female I too sometimes find them confusing since I can fit into a size 12 in some brands, though for the most part, feel most comfortable in size 14. I’m not sure what cm around the waist those various pants are because some are worn on my hips, which make things even more complicated!

Though I was never in scouts, my brothers were as was Mr. M. and I keep remembering the wisdom of the scout theme of ‘Be Prepared’. I realize that being prepared really helped prevent the lunch I treated to a friend for her birthday from ending up like a disaster. I knew I was walking into a difficult situation though I didn’t know exactly what that would look like. However, I kind of inwardly prepared myself to be ready for just about anything and I’m glad I did since had I not done that I know I’d be bingeing right now. I’m still on what I call ‘binge watch’, though so far so good.

Evening all.
    I’ve actually had a good FD, which is a bit of a blessing after all of the angst of the last week. I’m a little apprehensive about the easter challenges ahead, but quietly hopeful.
    I’m not so worried about the influx of chocolates that will occur on Sunday – I am usually OK with hiding chocolate in the pantry and eating it in small doses. It’s the easter buns that have me worried. So far I have eaten no easer buns at all this year. However, I’ve promised to bring homemade buns to the family easter egg hunt and brunch on Sunday morning.
    Saturday I need to bake easter buns but not eat any as it’s a FD!!! Pretty much anything out of the oven smelling of cinnamon puts my appetite into overdrive.
    I think I might try a small test batch on Thursday night using the slow rise method – basically you use very little yeast so it takes all night to rise, then you bake them first thing in the morning – I just have to figure out how much yeast to use in the buns as I’ve only ever made bread using this method. If it works, then it means I can make the big batch of dough on Saturday night and bake them Sunday morning, ready to be gobbled up by the family, straight from the oven. This would avoid the torture of ignoring freshly baked buns on a FD and I can take them all to the family brunch leaving no temptation at home.

Hope you are all planning a nice easter.

Oh LJ, Your home made Easter hot cross buns made my mouth water and I too love any baked cinnamon aroma! Your slow rise sounds healthier than quick rise method and what a good way to help you through the temptation on your FD. I’ve actually been able to make treats on FDs which I subsequently took to social functions and I know you can do it too. When I do, I simply have to treat what I’m preparing as non-food, kind of like how I regard the dishes I might be washing. I wouldn’t want to eat a soapy spoon!

I’m at my weakest on NFDs so would be more challenged by baking and sampling the test batch. Sounds like you’ve got that planned to work for you though too. I’m imagining your family just loving those buns hot from the oven. What a gift to be preparing them for the family on a FD!

Good morning all. Yay starting 2 and half weeks holidays from today. Miss M not impressed that she has school today and i have started holidays already.

Tea at the pub went well last night. I didnt have my usual 2 glasses of red and instead had a pint glass filled with ice with a half measure of JD’s and a smallbottle of soda water to mix. It was nice, lasted me the duration of our stay and i still got to have my ‘drink’ treat with minimal calories and alcohol intake. Best thing of all i had a fantastic nights sleep. Slept from 10pm through to 4.30am without waking at all.

FD today, just consumed my egg and spinch brekky and 2nd coffee so will try to hold off for 12 hours before my next meal. Hi ho hi ho its off to the treadmill i go !

Happy Holidays Gday! Lovely drink! And yay for six and a half hours straight!

Hi Everyone,
    I looked after myself well yesterday and also got the house a bit in order, but oh dear my desk is piled high. Today I am going back to my daughters to hold babies while she unpacks a bit more. The little one celebrated moving house by getting her first tooth and getting up on all fours for the first time!
    I am still not very well, but I am being careful.

Yesterday I concentrated on listening to my body and it wanted to have a normal eating day. So I am fasting today. I think the same thing happened last week. I think my brain still thinks I am a Thursday/Sunday faster!

Thanks for the good wishes Thin and Minka, If only I could have slept through yesterday! but I did have a little doze and caught up on some TV. And I slept ok last night which is a good sign that I can recover fairly quickly.

I did watch the Dr Mosley program and found it really beautiful and interesting. I learned more about omega 6 and 3 than I had understood before. I think I will watch it again too.

Ljoyce, good luck with the hot cross buns. Excellent plan! Do you normally use a quarter teaspoon of yeast for the long rise? I do, and I think I would use that even if the mix has the fruit to make it harder work, but interested to hear what your decision is and how it works.
    I’ve bread on the rise now… yes, I managed to get it up last night. Hooray for the no knead method. But my kitchen is so cold it hasn’t done much yet. Just as well as I don’t want to cook it til this evening.

Women’s clothes sizes! They vary country from country and I have some XL tops that just fit as well as size 12, 10 and 8! Crazy!
    And does ANYONE have the same size on top as the bottom? I don’t think I have met anyone in my life who has! It is like they set out to make us all feel abnormal!

I am SO enjoying my morning cup of tea. Good morning to all of you. I do hope today is a good day.

Morning all,

GDSA – glad you found a new drink that doesn’t stop you sleeping. Although I am shuddering at the hour of the morning you have to get up. I’m definitely a night owl and I’m really glad that retirement means no more 5:30am starts.

Thin – the rabbit pie was lovely. I did leave a lot of the pastry as it’s one of the foods that often gives me indigestion. Since losing my gall bladder many decades ago, I’ve had digestive issues with pastry, anything deep fried, and most foods that are high fat if I eat more than a few mouthfuls of them – guaranteed to cause nausea and reflux. It’s one of the main reasons I stick with a low fat diet.

Cinque – I am also enjoying my first cup of tea for the day.
    Hope your health improves soon, take care.
    I’m not sure on the amount of yeast I should use. For bread I use 1/4tsp unless I’m making something heaver (with grains or fruit) when I usually use 1/2 tsp. So I was thinking the buns might need 1/2 tsp, but I think I’ll test both. I have tracked down Nigella Lawsons overnight rise hot cross bun recipie and I might follow her method, but make my own recipies.

Minka – I have the easter bun temptation element sorted I think. I’m making 2 trial batches of dough tonight to test the options and tomorrow a friend is coming to afternoon tea, so we can have buns with our tea and she will take all of the leftovers home (she has children but doesn’t bake so is always willing to accept any baking I’m willing to hand over). Based on what works, I’ll make more dough Saturday night and bake it Sunday morning for the family easter egg hunt & brunch – again all buns leaving the house. It means I get to eat hot cross buns on Friday and Sunday (both NFDs), but there won’t be any in the house tempting me on my Saturday FD and there won’t be any in the house after easter to keep tempting me. Sounds like a workable plan to me.

As to clothes sizes, my problem is a waist that is a size smaller than my hips and bust, so anything that fits my hips and thighs is baggy on the waist. Usually with skirts I just have to get the waist fitting as long as the style isn’t too straight, but jeans are an issue as I need wide legs for the thighs. I usually stick to knit and stretch fabrics for tops so that they will fit my waist and stretch rather than gape over my bust. I usually end up with size 12-14 skirts, size 14 tops and size 16 jeans. Years ago I used to make a lot of my own clothes so that I could get a perfect fit, but I just can’t be bothered doing that anymore, although I do sometimes have to make minor alterations to garments I buy.

LJ, you’ve baked muffins (I think it was) on a FD so I know you can do it. When I started writing this several hours ago, I was asking what you would do with the test buns tomorrow. I see you’ve since answered this and got it all worked out perfectly. You certainly have a busy social life to navigate and it’s kind of you to offer to bake the buns. We have a lady like yourself down the road who loves baking, eats no carbs and brings a lot of treats to my OH for little jobs he does for her.

I just received an ad from our gas company containing an invitation to bake my own hot x buns instead of buying them so I read through their recipe. I pondered that for a few minutes but decided there are too many ingredients that I don’t normally have in the house these days so I don’t want to start something. DD says being 21 is no barrier to enjoying a chocolate egg hunt so I’ll continue that tradition for her but I won’t be tempted on Sunday because I’m keeping my FD. Like you Minka, the NFDs are more challenging for me but, unless it’s really good quality chocolate, I’m going to try and keep it in my head that it’s not worth the pain. By Monday, all the hype will be over and I’ll just try to be content that the 3 month campaign to get me to eat rubbish in the name of Easter will be over. Cinque, are you fasting on Sunday? I suspect I’ll have few, if any, fasting buddies so I’ll be the lone Easter Grinch.

Enjoy your hols GDSA. School hols started this week in WA. I’m enjoying my day greatly. Woke to 59.9kgs which I haven’t seen since my Silly Season Challenge ended in January (separate thread). We had planned to go out for a big breakfast but OH forgot and was already into my post-FD fry-up when I woke (for those that haven’t yet been introduced to my OH, he heads straight to the kitchen for a big breakfast on the mornings after MY fast days). I went for a walk to avoid the smell of toast. On return, DD was waking after a much-needed sleep-in and we discovered that Psycho and Rocky had become the proud parents of twin bobtails overnight. Better than anything the Easter Bunny could bring. They weigh 76 and 88gms respectively. So cute!

LJoyce you are a serious baker! I am keen to hear how the two batches go. Excellent planning!
    My loaf is in the oven and will be my breakfast tomorrow.

Welcome to the bobtail babies Thin. Sorry if I should know, but I looked up bobtail and they could be lizards (not at that weight though, surely), American, Japanese or Kurilian cats, Rottweilers, Old English Sheep dogs, or a Korean dog. A bobtail squid (!!!) or a tractor unit that is not pulling a trailor! πŸ˜‰ And rabbits, they have bobtails!
    I’m guessing those gorgeous American cats!

I had a good day, and now I have had my miso soup.

I am planning to fast on Sunday πŸ™‚ Opting out of the chocolate festival (again).

Hurray, so happy we’ll be fasting together on Sunday Cinque! Glad today went well too. Take it easy.

Silly me, assuming things. Psycho and Rocky are our blue tongued lizards (teliqua rugosa rugosa). They haven’t had any babies for four years so we’ve been disappointed around the beginning of April each year since – including this year. What a lovely surprise this morning! They both fit on one hand and have been happily eating scrambled eggs and bananas.

Ha, it was lizards at those weights! How lovely!
    I’m off to bed for an early night! best wishes!

Sleep tight πŸ˜†

Hi LJ, Your NFD test bun plan sounds great! I like that we can eat occasional treats with this WOL, that nothing is banned or forbidden. Like you reminded us Thin, that Dr. M. encourages us to eat our occasional piece of pie.

…I have to chuckle because someone on another thread questioned whether those who have moved to 800 calories per FD would be able to also eat a slice of pie? I wondered that too.

On the 800 calories on FDs, I’ve been perusing threads started on that topic and I’ve read posts written by many who said they’ll definitely come back and try again, now that Dr. M has approved the 800 calories (for both men and women, I’m told). However, I’ve yet to read a report from anyone who has actually tried it 5:2 style. I look forward to reading about how participants do on the revised program. If any lurkers out there are practicing 5:2 in that manner, I’d love to hear how it’s going.

Thin, Yay, on returning to the 59 kg range, especially during the temptation season! How fun to hide eggs for a hunt, almost as much fun as searching for them! I remember when I was a child my mother hid hard boiled chicken’s eggs around the house, ones that we kids had previoulsy dyed and decorated. It was a delight to sleuth them out. Also one year I remember happening across a stray egg a month or two later and funnily enough I didn’t find it because it smelled but simply because mum had found a clever hiding spot! I was only little and as I showed my mum my find, she advised that I do not eat it! …Congratulations on Rocky and Psycho’s newborns. I too wondered what creatures they might be and am thrilled to read that they are blue tongued lizards! …Those babes sound cuter than baby Easter bunnies! Have you thought of names yet?

Cinque, I agree, I’m not the same size on top and bottom and also vary on pant sizes depending on brand etc. …I understand you moving your FD around to fit in with your schedule. I sometimes do that and like you, my body still tends to go into fast mode from my previous FD pattern! I bet your daughter and family have appreciated your help with their move. Are they living closer to where you live now? …I’m glad you enjoyed the Helena Popovic interview as much as I did. I’ll probably buy her book, though in the meantime I’m going to check it out of the library.

I’ve been tempted to fast tomorrow on Good Friday, since I feel ready for one, though will keep to my Saturday FD as usual. All the best for the Easter Sunday fasters!

Hi Minka, you’re up late tonight? One feisty lizard has been named Draco. Any suggestions for the other? I think that 59kg might be a short-lived sight on the scales but I’m glad to see it now and again. I’d forgotten all about those traditionally dyed eggs. Did we rub wax on them before dying to make the patterns?

Happy Easter Friday everyone.

Another fantastic nights sleep. 10.15pm till 4.45am with no waking. LJoyce my body clock just works this way. Im no night owl and since D was born have always woken around 5am. Very very rarely will i sleep in past that time. But thats fine because i love mornings, coffee on the front verandah watching the sun rise over the beautiful Flinders Ranges sets the day off wonderfully.

After getting back on track with FD’s this week im back to the 68’s again so more of an incentive to keep the momentum going.

Thinatlast I was very curious about Psycho & Rocky the bobcats. Cinque the same thoughts were running tbrough my head too thinking of the various creatures they could be. Ha ha scrambled eggs and bananas that is so cool. Miss D loves the name Draco and said the other definitely should be named after another Harry Potter character. D is a HP fanatic. How about Snape, Sirius or Dumbledore. She also loves that one is named Rocky as that is one of our cats names. We have lots of lizards of all sizes and types in our yard that wonder in from the bush.

We will be making HC buns over the weekend too. D persuaded me to purchase a packet from the supermarket a few weeks ago and neither of us liked them. They were tastless (no spice) and would be lucky if there was more than 3 pieces of fruit in each bun. The chooks enjoyed them though!

Time for brekky, treadmill and weights before D awakes.

Good morning and happy Easter everyone.

Only managed one FD yesterday and I was so busy decorating biscuits I didn’t have anything until 8 last night, which was some soup. This morning 66.7. So I am still maintaining which is good considering the amount of cooking I have been doing the past few months.

Decorated 50 cookies yesterday, most of which will be gifts. Tomorrow I am doing a cake course ‘Death by Chocolate’ this has worked in well because it is Dad’s 90th on Sunday and this will be the birthday cake.

I have just started to make some hot cross buns for the first time in the bread maker but because it is just making dough I don’t think the fruit dispenser worked and the fruit is still sitting there. Not sure if it goes in later but oh well it has lots of spice in so they will still be tasty.

Love reading all your posts and sorry I don’t contribute more. Your triumphs and struggles certainly keep me motivated.

Good morning everyone!

Aren’t we all wonderful, individual shapes! Doesn’t it make shopping interesting! I would love to do dressmaking, but I have trouble doing hems!

Intesha I was reading about making fruit loaves in breadmakers as were were going to sell it in the YD cafe, and most of the recipes put the fruit in very late – so it distributed well I think. Hope yours works out!

Happy Birthday to your dad on Sunday, that is a grand age! Won’t he have a wonderful cake!

What a gorgeous morning you are having Gday. Bliss.
    (I’m having my coffee in front of the computer, beside a window where the view is of Flat 4’s van, parked).
    (Luckily there is a tree beside the van and bird song and sunlight!)
    (Otherwise I might be a teeny bit jealous).

Minka My daughter has moved to Docklands which means going through the city and then trying to find a place to park. So that is harder, but not nearly as far as when she lived in Sydney!
    I loved hearing about your childhood Easter egg hunt! How did you decorate the eggs? I remember going to a workshop with my daughter where we put little ferns and leaves on them, tied stocking around them and them put them in the dye, so later the leaves were white relief against the colour.

Goodmorning bobtails!

So enjoying the morning after fast day emptiness and lightness… and the morning after fast day breakfast! πŸ™‚

Cheers all!

Your posts this morning are all so cheery and painting a beautiful picture across Australia – especially your morning scene GDSA. You’re almost getting me excited about Easter with all the baking, decorating and merriment. Cinque you are funny.

GDSA, thanks to Miss D for the name suggestions. My DD is also an HP tragic and can answer the most obscure questions. I think she’ll like the ideas – Draco of course meaning dragon. Please tell her that a previous baby was named Norbert! It’s absolutely lovely that you have wild lizards wandering on to your property. It might not seem right to keep native animals in captivity but it’s a WA initiative to increase awareness and understanding of our herpetofauna through issuing a limited number of strictly monitored (no pun intended) licenses to own reptiles as companion animals. They can’t be taken from or returned to the wild, only bred in captivity. DD has owned hers since primary school and the initiative seems to have worked – she’s now doing her doctorate research on bobtail ‘flu. Sorry that’s rather a long ramble off-topic. Miss D might enjoy this: http://vet-student-down-under.tumblr.com

Morning all,

A progress report on those buns:
    I made 2 batches of bun dough last night. All of the recipies I found that allowed an overnight rise used 5-7g yeast and said to put the dough in the fridge overnight. (I think anything under 5C should stop the rising completely.) The first dough was using flavours I know my best friend will like – basically a traditional fruit & spice bun with a little added sugar and cacao powder to give it a mild chocolaty flavour. I also brewed some chocolate chai tea and used that instead of water in the recipie. So I’m calling these chocolate chai buns. I only used 1 tsp yeast and decided to do the first rise and then shape the buns before refrigerating. The rise was incredibly slow as the fruit & sugar was making it hard for 1tsp yeast to work. In the end I put the electric blanket on in my bed and then put the bowl of plastic covered dough into the bed for an hour – that got it rising. Then I formed it into buns, covered them and put the tray in the fridge.
    The second batch of dough has flavours to please me and is made from wholemeal spelt flour and oats with lots of spice, currants, sultanas and a few walnuts. I also put a minced apple into this one and used 2 tsp yeast. I covered this bowl and put it straight in the fridge for the first overnight rise.
    This morning the second batch of dough had risen a little, but not enough and the chocolate chai buns hadn’t risen at all. So at the moment they are both sitting in the lounge room in front of the window so that the direct sunlight can warm them up enough that they will rise. Within half an hour there was a noticeable change with the spelt dough starting to rise up the bowl and the chocolate chai buns expanding to the point that they are now almost toughing their neighbour. Wow, I hadn’t expected it to recover from the refrigeration that quickly.
    I already know that I’m going to have to use 2tsp yeast in the batch for Sunday, and that I need to get them shaped into buns and ready for the second rise before refrigeration, otherwise it means far too early a start for me. Sunday’s buns will be completely traditional – white flour, spices, sultanas & currant – the only change I make is to use grated orange zest instead of candied peel as it adds more fragrance to the baked buns and I don’t like the texture of candied peel.

Cinque & Intesha – Whether making fruit dough by hand, bread maker or a mixer with a dough hook (which is what I use), it’s best to do the first knead and then add the dried fruit right at the end of that stage. Otherwise it makes the kneading process harder and if you are using a machine it has a tendency to mince up the fruit which changes the texture of the dough in an unhelpful way. I have learned this one the hard way!

GDSA – enjoy the holiday. Are you and your daughter planning to go away or is it an about home holiday where you just get time to do things that aren’t an option in busy working weeks?

Had a bit of a chocolate challenge last night. I felt like raiding the easter chocolates again so I decided it was time to remove them from harms way and packaged everything up into their individual cellophane bags, tied up with ribbons and double knots. Now I can’t get them and I feel better. Normally I can resist chocolate fairly well – the temptation of lindor balls was obviously a step too far.

Thin – If you are looking for Harry Potter names for the second baby bobtail I like to offer Luna as a suggestion. (How soon can you tell if they are girls or boys?)

Happy Easter.

Good morning SHs all, and LJ in particular,

Thank you for the clue about the Nigella recipe. I followed the recipe almost exactly except that I added an extra 25g of fruit, 1 tblspn finely chopped glace fruits (left over from Christmas stollen) and 1 tspn Bun spice. I used a mixer with a dough hook and added the fruit about 3 minutes before I stopped mixing. Folded and patted the dough and put into a greased bowl in the refrigerator overnight. This morning,it had risen somewhat but not doubled. I left it on the kitchen bench for an hour while we went for out morning walk, and shaped it into buns when we returned. They are currently sitting, covered, in the morning sunshine and will be ready to go into the oven in about 10 minutes. The smells will compete with DH’s grain,seed,nut bread which has just finished cooking. Half the batch will go to our dear neighbours (to repay the ginger parkin that they dropped in yesterday).

I’ll take this opportunity to wish all SHs the best Easter that you could wish yourselves. Hot X buns and chocolate eggs are for a single weekend a year, Fast 5:2 is a forever WOL.

Val

Hello again everyone. I have been without my landline and my internet for 2 weeks and yesterday it all got fixed. So much reading catching up to do so I think I shall just read the last page posts. I have not posted in yonks! Seems weird.
    OK, update on me.
    I am still keeping to the 5-2 and find the FD quite normal now. 2 every week and sometimes even 3 FD. Loosing weight slowly but more important is I am shrinking!!!!! Clothes that did not fit me 6 months ago are perfect now, it is such a wonderful feeling knowing that at the moment I do not have to buy new clothes that I really cant afford. Maybe when these get so baggy on me I shall go and treat myself with the funds that I am saving to do just that.
    I watched Dr MM program as well, very interesting to hear about the beef. That steak he had looked so juicy and yummy I was salivating! lol I have not bought steak in months, cant really afford it on my pension and I only eat red meat about once every 2 weeks so it isn’t doing me any harm going without.
    Who mentioned hot cross buns?? Choc Chip ones are my favorite!!
    OK I admit that I had a sudden urge to make some last Wednesday. I used a recipe that I have used before but this time I noted every calorie that went into the mix. As per usual I made the dough in my bread machine that promptly broke half way through the cycle.( it went in the bin) so the dough got finished by hand. I cut the bun ( balls) into the required number of pieces and put them to rise while I went out. When I came home instead of rising UPWARDS, they had spread OURWARDS, so I ended up with 1 humongous flat hot cross bun ! Didn’t matter as I just cut them up into individual size pieces and froze all bar 2. They tasted the same as usual. By the way, Intesha, I put ALL the ingredients in the bread machine at once when I make my HCB’s.
    I still swim every morning even though the water is ” freezing” when you first get in, OK after a while but its the outside air at 6am that is worst. I aim to go for my swim for as long as I can stand it. When my limbs start to go numb I will have to re-think my exercise!
    No easter eggs for me, Boo Hoo !
    Oh well off to read my book. Have a great Easter Weekend everyone.
    Cheers

LJoyce, lovely progress report on the buns (note, I like your flavour profile best πŸ˜‰ )
    Perthgirl, yours sound so wonderful too!
    And woot for your one enormous flat Easter bun CharlotteRose!

Good point Perthgirl about keeping feast foods for festivals.
    And everyday food for everyday!

CharlotteRose, what a lovely update! 5:2 poster girl!

I am enjoying a few days of nothing I have to do (except housework of course). Fast day tomorrow. I’m going to henna my hair today!

Hi SH’s

I’m on a FD today – hopefully it will help make up for the 2 easter buns I ate yesterday. My best friend came for afternoon tea and I had an excuse to pull out my “new” (op shop) antique dinner set and to experiment with easter bun recipies. We had one of each batch straight from the oven. The chocolate chai bun dough was made with my friend’s tastes in mind and I didn’t much care for it myself – but she was happy. The spelt & oat buns I loved – I was pleasantly surprised at how light textured they were given the high fibre grains I used – I will definitely use this recipie as a fruit loaf dough in future. My friend took all of the leftovers home except for 2 of the spelt buns which I kept and have frozen for another day.

I just had the nurse here to do my RA treatment. Thankfully my veins behaved themselves and the drip line went in easily for once.
    I find I feel better on a treatment day if I eat before the infusion. So although I would normally never eat in the morning on a FD, I did have a banana at 9am today. Hopefully I can still make it though to late afternoon before wanting more food. I’m contenting myself with a lunch timepot of tea at the moment and it is hitting the spot quite nicely.

CharlotteRose – like your description of the easter bun – sounds like a giant easter foccacia.

PerthGirl – hope the Nigella recipie is nice. I used her method but my own doughs.

It’s been fun reading of all the artisan hot cross bun varieties! The aroma that must be wafting through your homes, Intesha, Perth Girl, LJ, Charlotterose and GDSA! …Did I forget anyone?

Thin, I loved viewing baby Draco, who happens to be so photogenic, and reading your DD’s blog entries and about her passion for animals of all kinds and their welfare! Reading the post made me smile and know that she inherited your wonderful sense of humor! Keep us posted on what name you choose for Draco’s twin! Luna, if it is a girl gets my vote (though maybe it’s not easy to determine sex, so an androgynous name such as Sirius or Snape would be preferable?

Thin, I know Docklands area and as I read your description of transport around that area, I remembered that I’ve only ever visited via bicycle or when riding on that free City Circle tram since parking can be problematic. I’m sorry they’re further away, though now since your daughter has her driver’s license is she more mobile and can drive over to see you more easily?

When we were kids, my mother used to buy very brightly colored Easter Egg dyes that were probably completely synthetic and artificial, though as a kid they were a lot of fun anyway! My olfactory memory of this ritual was of the vinegar added to those hot cups of liquid dye in which we dunked eggs! Yes, sometimes we’d draw with a wax crayon for decorative effect before immersing the eggs. Later when I was an adult, I took an art class which taught us how to dye eggs using all natural dyes such as onion skins, beetroot and carrot tops which colored the eggs brown, burgundy and muted green respectively. In that class we did wrap the eggs in fern leaves and other foliage which, like the wax resistance, left a pretty pattern. Last night on ‘Gardening Australia’ this very method was featured as a way of decorating Easter Eggs and all the dye materials (onions, beetroot, etc.) came from one backyard garden and the pots of brewing onion skins etc. were set on the BBQ! I saw that instead of wrapping each egg with string or twine like I’d done in my art class, the ‘Gardening Australia’ method used sliced tubes of nylon stockings which also held the fern and other leaves in place, though I did notice the nylon stocking pattern also showed up on the eggs!

I’m fasting today too LJ!

It’s a bright sunny autumn day with not a cloud in the sky and just the hint of a breeze. I’m going to head to the beach for a stroll.

Hello All. Lovely sunny 30deg here today. Went out to lunch with my mum and miss D. The latter was very happy to receive easter eggs from her nanna.

Dear dad isn’t going too well at all. Spending as much time as we can with him as time is very short. He has lost his will to go on because every breath is such a huge effort now. Its heartbreaking to watch – I hope and pray the suffering doesn’t linger.

Miss D’s 3 legged cat is going well. Stitches come out on Wednesday. Hopefully it won’t take long for her fur to grow back so she resembles a normal feline again.

Moment of panic today, I couldn’t find the rabbit paw print template that i use each year to show that the easter bunny has visited and distributed eggs throughout the garden. After tearing apart the spare room it was found inside a crate of junk. Hope its not windy pre-dawn tomorrow like it was last year. Was quite a challenge sprinkling flour over the template in the breeze I must say !

I should get motivated and do some chores…..or maybe I should just kick back and relax for the rest of the day. Yep that sounds like a plan !

Good morning and happy easter everyone.

GDSA – I’m assuming you made it to the garden in your easter bunny guise to hide eggs for your daughter.

I’ve pulled my tray of easter buns out of the fridge and they are now sitting in the lounge room trying to pick up a few weak sun rays so they complete their rising before I bake them.

Cinque – As you also bake bread regularly, thought I’d let you know what I learned about “rising” in the fridge. The batch of dough I put in the fridge last night had a full quota of 3 tsp yeast and as I used warm milk the first rise was very fast. Once I had it shaped, covered in plastic wrap and in the fridge, the buns started rising. That continued until the dough temperature fell to about 4C, then it just stopped – it rose very slowly for 3 hours before then. I think this means that it’s safe to put a normal rapid rise dough into the fridge overnight and rising will halt until you take it out and warm it up again. Quite a different approach to the overnight rise doughs that I normally leave on the benchtop. The fridge method does provide a lot more options for delaying baking until morning.

My FD was fine yesterday, although by starting my eating at 9am with a banana I only made it to 4:30 before wanting my dinner. So I had a very early stirfry. I definitely do better when I don’t eat in the morning.

Have a lovely easter Sunday.

Happy Easter Sunday everyone.

The Easter egg hunt went well this morning. All over by 7.15am ! Im sure kids have built in ‘get out of bed early’ alarm clocks for Easter & Xmas.

Cooking on the webber today. Brekky – Miss D is having piklets and I’m having my favourite – eggs, spinach, hash brown, grainy toast and crispy Barossa Valley panchetta. I don’t eat processed meat at all with the exception of this brand of panchetta – it is divine.

Then making hot x buns which more than likely will be our lunch. Tea is roast chicken & vegies. Thinking 3 FD’s might be in order this week and a few extra sessions on the treadmill !

Another gorgeous day, 9am and I’m in shorts & singlet. Catching up on the last few weeks of ABC Adelaide radio weekend gardening show podcasts while soaking up the sunshine.

Will post report later on success or (hopefully not) unsuccessful hot x bun making in the webber.

Minka, pleased you enjoyed the link to our baby bobtail photo & thanks for the kind words. Thanks all for the name suggestions. LJ, DD thinks Luna is great and will save it for the next female dog! Sexing can only be done by DNA testing or with a probe which carries a chance of damaging the reproductive organs. Some claim they can tell by the head shape and size but we’ve found this to be unreliable. Also decided to save the name ‘Draco’ for the next lizard batch and named the babies Bennett and Gordon. I’ll leave you to work it out.

GDSA, you reminded me that we used to do the footprint template with talc to signal bunny’s arrival. I have hidden the chocolate eggs and I’m now sitting down to my first FD coffee. How are you going Cinque? Have a fabulous day everyone. Happy Easter.

Good morning everyone. Hope you are not eating too much chocolate. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    Well I didn’t swim this morning. Thought I would have a sleep in. But I think I got my exercise later this morning.
    Well it is usually the day before a birth that a mother goes on a crazy cleaning spree. Seeing as there is no way that will happen I must be coming out in early sympathy for my daughter in law for August when my 9th grandchild is due.
    What did I do? Moved the car onto the driveway so I could get the big ladder out from underneath the house , took it inside and cleaned the air conditioning unit. Went to put the ladder away and noticed that it was rather untidy so cleaned and dumped a load of garbage that, as per usual, you think you will use again but never do. Everything gets put under my house and the people who know my place know at my advancing years it is no mean feat to crawl under it. That done, I potted some plants. Swept the dirt and dust out from my carport then decided that before I drive the car back in it needed a wash. Done and shiny. So 5 hours later, the dusting and vacuuming inside done as well I am thinking to myself that I really do prefer swimmimg as an exercise. Tomorrow it’s back in the pool. 😊

Just home from the easter egg hunt and brunch. It was a lot of fun. Thankfully, the bun recipie worked perfectly – light and fluffy and well spiced. My cousin’s daughter asked me to bake some with her 4 year old so she can see how yeast baking works – I think I might have to take a “and here’s one I made earlier” approach – I think yeast cookery from scratch might test a 4 year old’s attention span a bit too far. If we make one from scratch and I take a dough that’s ready to shape I think it might be more interesting.

I think I’ve brought home a year’s supply of chocolate. I normally only keep dark chocolate in the house as I’m better at confining myself to occasional small quantities with dark choc. But everyone knows I like milk chocolate best and that’s what I have been given – lots and lots of Haigs milk chocolate eggs and bilbys – Haigs is a very expensive but beautiful quality chocolate made in SA – it’s a family business that’s been here for about a century. (I think my family’s love of chocolate has helped keep them in business.) They have a factory near the Adelaide city parklands that does visitor tours – if you are ever in Adelaide and looking for something to do that involves chocolate…

Charlotterose – I’m tired just reading about your morning’s activities! I think you’ve earned a sit down and a cuppa.

Thin – Given how surprising the arrival of the babies was, I think your choice of names is quite appropriate. Not sure of the origins of “Gordon Bennett” as an exclamation. My grandmother used to use it and she was British so I’m assuming it originates in the UK.

Hello everyone,
    I’m having a good fasty fast day which has meant I’ve had an irritable afternoon where I couldn’t concentrate on anything. It has gradually got better in spite of me not eating anything yet. One hour til miso soup.

Cheers to everyone πŸ™‚

I am so glad the Easter buns worked so well LJoyce. What a beautiful contribution to the day.
    Little 4 year old will be most impressed with bread that is ready to shape. Thanks for the info re refrigerator bread. I’ve never had much success with it. It never seems to soften and swell properly for me, once I take it out of the fridge. But you’ve given me faith to try again if I need to.

Hello to little Gordon and Bennett! Great names!

CharlotteRose, I wish I had a quarter of your energy! 9th grandchild coming? Well, you need the energy!

Minka I saw the egg making on Gardening Australia. The natural dyes are just lovely. And yes that is how we made them in the stocking pieces, but with bright, artificial red and blue and green dyes!

Gday, glad you could enjoy the sunshine, what a wonderful day. I hope the buns cooked well in the webber!

PS There is a Haigh’s shop in the most beautiful arcade in Cetral Melbourne, I used to go in there each year to buy Easter chocolate for my daughter when she was little (even though she preferred garish Coles cr*p! πŸ˜‰ )

Thinatlast – Gordon & Bennett how wonderful. The ol Cockney slang for an expression of surprise – i just love it. As a Minder and Only Fools & Horses tragic I adore Cockney slang especially when spoken in a Cockney accent.

LJoyce you lucky duck to receive Haiges for Easter. The most delicious chocolate I have ever eaten. On the rare occasion we go to Adelaide Haiges is always on our shopping list. Eat wisely and sparingly now LJoyce πŸ™‚

Our breakfast/brunch/lunch was so filling we decided to leave the hot cross bun making and roast chicken and veg until tomorrow. My plateful came in at 1100 cal (oops) and Miss D had 2 stacks of piklets drizzled with agave.

Spent the afternoon on the verandah lazing on the lounge reading MM Fast Exercise, playing with the dog and the occasional snooze….very delightful.

I did partake in some weight exercises and about to step on the treadmill. A very light tea tonight is on the menu as 6 hours later I’m still feeling the effects of my 1100 cal intake….but gee it was delicious !

I have just tried to hide my easter egg collection so that I won’t be tempted to nibble every time I see them. I’ve packed them into a large plastic tub which I have now hidden at the back of the pantry behind the couscous and breadcrumbs. Not sure if that’s going to be enough camouflage. If this doesn’t work I might try the top shelf of the linen closet – I need a ladder or stool to get to that. If all else fails I can always follow the dog’s lead and dig a hole in the garden!

Good luck LJoyce!

I had my classic fast day yesterday and feel much better for it.

best wishes to everyone today!

Hi everyone and good morning. Beautiful weather here today.

Back home and 1.5kgs up after being away and the usual Easter Extravagence. FD for me today. While away With family and littlies taking breakfast orders I didn’t do FDs properly so the scales tell the results. Back to my usual Monday/Thursday FDs. DFIL is finally settling into his new home and going reasonably well. It is sad to see the dementia progressing and his physical spiral downwards. Our immediate future will involve clearing out his home, disposal etc.

Congratulations to those on their weight loss and health improvement journey. Well done!

Onwards and downwards,
    Merry

Hi all.
    Merryme – I dont know about your DFIL but it appears from your post that we are in a similar situation. It’s difficult to deal with and my thoughts are with you and your family.

For those fasting today probably best not to read this paragraph. Roast chicken with roast spuds, steamed pumpkin, carrots, broccoli and brussel sprouts for lunch is nearly ready. Oh and cauliflower bake and real gravy.

Went for a 4km walk with Miss D and the pooch this morning plus early morning weights, stretch bands and treadmill. Poor pooch was getting a bit puffed but Miss D took her scooter so was fine.

Will see how we feel as to whether we make hot cross buns this arvo….

Merry I don’t envy you the task of clearing out and selling your FILs home – I remember how long and tedious that process was with my father’s house (which had also been our family house growing up). My dad also went into aged care with dememtia and parkinsons. It’s a time that certainly has its challenges, but I am enormously grateful that right til the end he still knew who I was. The main trauma that we dealt, almost daily in his last years, was PTSD from WW2 that became really pronounced as his short term memory failed and those older traumatic memories were foremost in both his thoughts and also his dreams. I regularly got calls in the middle of the night because he’d woken in terror because a sniper was shooting at him or a mate had just been shot – in his dreams. I usually keep him on the phone while I used my mobile phone to call the staff so they could go to his room and settle him. Right til the end he always picked up the phone and pressed speed dial for me rather than pressing the bell for the nurse. I think he just scared and needed to talk to someone he trusted. I was lucky enough to get him into an aged care facility that was only 1km from me so it was easy to visit regularly and to go in at short notice if he was unwell or upset.

The behaviour of someone with dementia can be challenging. My dad kept falling in love the nurses which was awkward for us and for them. He was also quite argumentative – I got to the point one day where he was arguing for something that wasn’t appropriate and was demanding to know “WHY?” – my final response was “because I said so!” I remember being on the receiving end of that line as a child, I never thought I’d be saying it back to my father one day. He was also quite impatient and had his own version of “are we there yet” everytime we went anywhere.

On the bright side there were also a lot of laughs. Because his long term memory was clear I focused on discussing people, events and memories from my childhood – there was little point discussing recent events. We were also lucky that my aunt (my dad’s only sibling) also lives nearby and she also visited him several times a week and was able to discuss things from their childhood which he really enjoyed. I found that trying to stimulate my dad’s sense of humour was the best way of drawing him out of a cantankerous mood. Luckily his love of music, chocolate and sausage rolls was also strong til the end and any one of these could be guaranteed to pull him out of a bad mood. My aunt never showed up to visit him without either a sausage roll or chocolate in hand – guaranteeing a happy visit.

One easter I put a bowl of mini chocolate eggs in dad’s room so he could offer them to the staff when they came in. He quickly figured out that he got more staff just popping in with the chocolates there, so the bowl of chocolates became a permanent fixture. I suspect it was as much for his consumption as theirs, although he also had his own stash of his favourite dark chocolate as well.

My father passed away 2 years ago – he made it to 92. I think even with his ill health, his final years were largely happy – happier than the loneliness he’d felt at home since my mother’s death. I’m also really grateful that I got to spend so much time with him in his last years – more time than I can ever remember spending with him when I was younger. They were largely nice memories to be left with and I think it left me with a better sense of peace than I would have had otherwise.

GDSA & Merry I hope you can also find a hopeful way through this time with your own father/FIL. Thinking of you both.

Beautifully written LJ. Even though there’s a sadness behind the story, it’s a fond account of your father’s life that made me smile. I was lucky enough to spend a few quality days with my dad in his own home just before he died – when you emigrate, that’s not always possible. My dad didn’t have dementia but he was occasionally hallucinating towards the end due to meds/bladder infection and wanted me to get him down from a shelf that he’d been placed upon. My thoughts are with all dealing with this situation. You too Intesha – hope your dad liked his 90th b/d cake. Did you bring your mum home for the celebration?

I made it through the whole Easter thing without any hot x buns and only one Ferrero Rocher chocolate (today). I had a great Sunday fast too Cinque and, although I woke twice last night feeling a bit hungry, I wasn’t at all so this morning.

Good morning everyone, Cheers to those fasting today.

Not me, but I am having a sensible and mindful eating day!

I loved reading your post too LJoyce.

It must be lovely to be home Merry, and able to get back to your good routines. I hope you can take it nice and steady re sorting out the FIL things.

I think I am going back to fasting on Thursdays, so that means today is my lull day. I am catching up with work (touch wood and whistle) and it feels wonderful. Off to see my grandchildren in a bit, and some opshopping. What a great day!

Hi all. FD for me which is going well so far.
    I had about 40-50g chocolate on Sunday and again yesterday so a break from it today is a good thing.
    I’ve taken a tub of minestrone out of the freezer so I don’t have to cook tonight, although I will boil and egg to have after the soup, otherwise my day will be a bit too lacking in protein.

Looking back on my food records, I realised I follow a fairly standard pattern on FDs. I roughly have 1 serve of protein, 1 serve of dairy, 1 serve of fruit and 3-4 serves of veg every FD. The actual food choices vary, but they usually conform to the same balance between the food groups. I rarely have much in the way of grains or fats on FDs – usually just incidental amounts. I also don’t eat “discretionary foods” on FDs (cakes, biscuits…) This balance seems to work well for me and as I’m trying to avoid counting calories anymore I find it reassuring to view it in terms of food group serves. It’s a very quick was of knowing I’m staying within limits on FDs.

Hope you are all having a good day.

Hi All,

LJ, I loved reading your post about your visits to see your father and especially about his fondness for chocolate and sausage rolls! Great that he had you nearby and to call on in the middle of the night.

Merry, all the best with the clearing out of your DFIL’s home, a big job I imagine. I know as I age, I collect more and more ‘stuff’, much of it, not even op shop worthy.

Thin, I was an Easter Grinch too! Given I don’t have children, I wasn’t compelled to buy chocolate eggs and the only hot cross buns were a packet of the gluten free variety a couple weeks ago that Mr. M. ate. However, I don’t know what got into me on Easter Eve! At about 8 pm I suddenly wanted to make a batch of my own home made chocolates (well 90% carob) sweetened only with stevia drops (okay, I’m aware Dr. M isn’t fond of the liquid stevia stuff, though I still regard it as healthier than sugar or other artificial sweeteners). I also divided the batch into different flavors so that some were cinnamon flavored, some cardamom and others I made into roasted macadamia cups by pouring a layer into the molds, freezing, then dolloping macadamia butter into each, refreezing and then pouring a final enveloping layer of my carob ‘chocolate’ to completely cover the macadamia butter so that when I bite into those, they have a delicious roasted salted macadamia centre. What I’m happiest about is that I only sampled two pieces on that Easter evening. The next day (Easter Monday) I broke down and ate 3, over the course of the day, though still I’m pretty happy with that and that the container is still there mostly filled, in the freezer! I’d put the recipe into myfitness pal, so I know how many calories each piece contains, which helps me regard them as a special treat. I’m happily fasting today, so no carob chocolates for me though!

My treat for today was another walk on the beach in the beautiful morning sunshine!

Good morning,
    It is cold and grey but about to brighten up here in Melbourne. The garden is hoping we get our ‘possible shower’.
    I had a busy day yesterday with my daughter and granddaughters, and my car is full of bags and boxes to take to the op shop (since it didn’t work to do that yesterday. I had a lovely time with the littlies but I am exhausted so I am back to recovery mode. Better get the stuff to the op shops today (one to each as they tend to get overwhelmed with donations around here!)

Minka your Easter treats sound amazing. You and LJoyce will be walking the delicate line of managing those treats for best health and most enjoyment!

I managed to avoid all Easter foods (although I really would have liked to make Pastiera Napoletana which is like a ricotta cheesecake but also containing wheat berries cooked soft.) (Maybe next year).

Well, today I am going to make a big lentil soup!

Cheers to everyone fasting today, especially you Thin, sorry to have changed days again!

Me too Cinque! But perhaps I’ll have other company for my Wednesday fast. There are quite a few AWOL. Well done for avoiding all the Easter temptations.

Minka, your home-made treats sound tasty – how many calories per bite?

Perth temperatures are cooling to the low 20s but the days are sunny. Perfect walking weather and we did manage to get some kayaking in over the weekend despite our associated breakfast spots being closed. Lured DD away from studying with the promise of lunch on the other side of the river but when we arrived at Elizabeth Quay, almost everything was closed and the couple of places open had such long lines that we decided to paddle back. Poor Perth.

Hi all! Hope you all survived Easter! I was sort of good with my chocolate consumption, but after 2 days in a row of family lunches, I felt I was in a food coma – think I am a little unused to that much food after 3 weeks of 5:2! Last week I did 3 Fast Days (M, W, F) as I knew I was going out for lunch on my usual Thursday Fast Day. I found the 3rd Fast Day easy, so I may do that every now and then. Had to change my FD to Wednesday this week (yesterday) as my Tuesday FD was a family lunch, so now I’m back on track. Can’t say the weight is FALLING off me: did my weights and measurements today, and after 3 weeks of 5:2, I am down 1.8kg, 2% body fat (if my scales can be trusted), and 7.5cm. As I still have the “number on the scales” mindset, I’m a little disappointed in the weight loss, but it IS going in the right direction, albeit 100g at a time over the last couple of weeks! I am presuming that as I don’t have THAT much weight to lose, it will be a slow, steady process (and, of course, Easter didn’t help!). Still going strong though, exercise is good, and as I’m finding this “diet” easy, I will stick to it, adjusting days here and there. Taking my daughter and her friend to do a 2 hour high ropes adventure course this afternoon, and I’m doing it too, so that will be my exercise for the day! Happy 5:2ing to everyone! πŸ˜‰

Viewing 50 posts - 11,101 through 11,150 (of 27,973 total)

You must be logged in to reply.