Hello, not exactly new but been following 5:2 since February.

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
Hello, not exactly new but been following 5:2 since February.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Cal62 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• I’m so pleased after seeing nurse for regular blood test results, the usual cholesterol glucose etc. Weight down by over 2 stone, cholesterol down, blood pressure down, nurse was very pleased. However by glucose level was up which it had been some time ago but had gone down so as not to raise any concern, she did say it isn’t always that accurate. Anyway I’m continuing as it is working so well. I feel so much better, my OA joints are better and I do weights, fast exercise on bike and treadmill which gives me a buzz as I’ve seen improvement in energy levels, anaerobic fitness and strength. My fat level was measured by calliper and calculation – 27% fat. Which I’m not sure how accurate it actually is gave me another boost. Apparently my biceps are superb! All in all fast diet and fast exercise is working for me. Just had to share.

Congratulations, Cal62! Isn’t it great to fond out that besides losing a lot of weight that your health has improved too? Are you at your goal weight now, or do you still have some to lose?

Hi, no got a way to go yet at least another stone. Yes it is the other health benefits that encourage you to carry on as much as the weight loss. I must admit I have stalled at times when I’ve been on holiday but I have found that on returning starting back on the 5:2 that any weight gained disappears in the first week. I’ve also found that exercise is a key factor in total benefits.

That’s the nice thing about it, that if you are on holiday, as long as you don’t go too crazy with eating, it’s easy to go right back to 5:2 when you return. Usually, on holidays you’re doing a lot of walking or are busy with other activities, so you aren’t eating all the time either, and that helps some.

I’ve been doing the regular 5:2 for maintenance for the past 6 months or so and that works great as well. I just eat a little more on NFDs than when I was losing. I think it’s the best way of maintaining as well as losing. I got so used to the 2 FDs, it’s become routine now.

Well done, there have been times when I have plateaued, where the weight loss has stopped but it’s far easier lifestyle than slimming world etc where I felt it was all too easy to cheat and the humiliation of group/ leader “chat” was very off putting. Glad to hear that maintenance is ok to control lifestyle. Did you lose much? How long have you been doing 5:2 Califdreamer?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.