Hello

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  sydwil2 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi, I’m Liz. I joined this forum in 2014 and didn’t really start the program. I am back to try again. I am 52 and have a lot of weight to lose, so I am hoping participating in the community will give me the support to stick with it and to reach my goals. In 2013, I lost 30 lbs following the 5:2 plan after seeing the BBC documentary. I slowly stopped the program, and of course, gained all the weight back. I am hoping to lose 60 lbs or more. I look forward to getting and giving support here.

Hi sidwil2 and welcome back to the forum! You’ve already been successful at weight loss with this way of eating so it sounds like you just need the support of the community here to make 5:2 a way of life rather than a temporary situation. The fact that you went back to your old weight when you went back to your old way of eating has probably convinced you that this has to be a permanent part of your life.

I think maintaining can be the most challenging part of any weight loss plan. I still have 8 – 10 pounds to lose before I get to the maintenance stage, but I bet I’ve lost a thousand pounds, most of them the same ones many times over during my lifetime.!

I don’t know how involved you were with the forum 4 years ago, but I encourage you to get involved now. The August 2017 Challenge has just started up for the month. @debster251 is heading it up this month, so just go over there and post and ask her to add you to the list. It’s a great place to get to know everyone. Just feel free to join in on any of the other threads. You’re welcome everywhere, and probably have lots to share from your previous experiences with the 5:2. For me, the forum is a great way to stay accountable and there’s lots of new and interesting information coming out all the time on intermittent fasting.

Thanks for your reply and the information CD. Yes, my experience helped me get through my first fast day yesterday. I know that the hunger comes in waves and will pass. I knew I would get a headache if I didn’t drink water/fluids throughout the day. I never did reach my goal last time, so I am truly starting over from that standpoint. Yes, this time I am better prepared to make this a way of life, as opposed to a way to lose weight. I will check out the August challenge – thank you for the link.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.