Happy New Year 2018

This topic contains 73 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Floridag1rl 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 75 total)

• Who would like to join me on a new weight loss challenge? It’s just over 12 weeks until 2018 and that gives us a nice amount of time to lose a decent amount of weight at a steady rate.

I’ve already lost 10kg since March (I’ve been doing 5:2, sometimes 4:3, sometimes just trying to stay the same weight when life and work get in the way) and have achieved some of my interim targets such as being able to wear jeans again.

But I’m now ready to start the next phase and would like some others to join me for mutual support.

I still have about 10kg to lose and I’m setting myself a target of 4 to 5kg before January 1st 2018. There are no rules as such but you do need to be serious about sticking with the challenge. You will need to post at least once a week, too.

I’m looking forward to doing this and starting next year a whole lot slimmer! Please join me.

Yes please you can count me in.
    I’ve been dieting since Sept 14th counting calories for 2 weeks and on 5:2 for 2 weeks and have gone from 83kg to 78.4kg!

Which is a good start, my target weight is 60kg so I’ve got quite a way to go. I want to be able to wear a bikini next summer without wobbling all over the place!
    I would also like to be able to wear a light summer dress next year without having to wear shorts underneath to stop my thighs rubbing! (Enough’s enough)

My interim target is a silk dress to wear at Christmas, I ripped the seams two years ago and had it repaired and I’d like to wear it again without mangling it.

I’m French size 44, size 16 I think, my weight loss doesn’t really show yet, but I have noticed that clothes which were uncomfortably tight are now zipping up with ease. Have lost 6cm off my waist!

So you have less to lose than me but I’m up for your challenge and regular posts.

Hello Lilimar. It’s great to hear from you and I’m so glad not to be alone doing this challenge! It sounds as if you’re off to a really good start so well done. Your targets sound similar to mine when I started back in March and it was great this summer to be able to wear summer skirts without thigh chafing. Although I’ve lost a fair bit of weight and achieved some interim targets, I still have a way to go and feel it’s the right time to get going again now. I see you say you’re french size 44. Do you live in France? I’m doing 4:3 at the moment as it fits in best with my lifestyle when I’m doing a lot of work in the garden.

This challenge is open for anyone else who is serios about losing at least 4 or 5kg before 1st January 2018. Happy New Year!

Hello,
    Nice to hear from you again.

Hurrah, another 1cm from my waist and 100g less on the scales!

Yes I do live in France, in the suburbs of Bordeaux, though I’m originally from SE UK.
    Have one son (14) and am 53, so losing weight will be a bit slower I guess. However what is nice is realising that it CAN be done, I’d allowed myself to believe that it was too late for me to lose weight after 50 and I was wrong!

I’m doing the 16:8 as I’ve never really been a breakfast person, just a large bowl of coffee is enough, and on FD I’ve been skipping lunch and saving the calories until the evening. In fact I’ve kind of adapted the whole thing to suit me, My TDEE is just over 2000 calories a day and I just CAN’T bring myself to eat that much when I want to lose weight! Seems counterproductive, so I reduced my TDEE to 1500 per pay and look at it over a weekly basis so that at the weekend I can eat really what I want. Tonight it’s pizza and wine after my swim and have my parents in law coming tomorrow so we’ll inevitably have lunch in a restaurant Sunday. So at the weekend I probably do eat my TDEE, but not the rest of the week. I suppose that makes me more of a combination of 16:8 and 4:3 !?

You say you started in March, so you’re an experienced “old timer” then? How much have you lost?
    Well done for the skirt goal, the thigh rubbing thing is hell in the summer, it gets hot here and I loathe having to wear trousers in the summer!
    I do hope more people join us!

Just realised you already said how much you’d lost!

Sounds like our situations are fairly similar, you have lost 10kg and have 10kg to lose, I’ve lost nearly 5kg and have 18kg or so left to go!

For the 10kg that you’ve already lost, did you incorporate any exercise into your life? I’ve been very sedentary for the last few years and have introduced swimming three times a week for now to help things on a bit. I do this at the weekend, Friday to Saturday as this is also the time that I eat the most. Fo now it seems to be working.

F&F…I’m so glad to see your new thread!

I’m in! I have not really lost anything since July…but I have been able to maintain my 30 lb loss! πŸ˜‰

I am also looking to shed 10 lbs by the end of the year. My weightloss has stalled…my fault though…I haven’t been exercising and I have been over-eating on the weekend.

Hopefully, once we get some cooler weather, I will be more motivated to exercise.

Have a great weekend! πŸ™‚

Hello,
    Please count me in! I am new to this, but am interested in joining you and learning from your experience. I’m from New York State, upstate where there are mountains, lakes and trees, not NYC, which is lovely too. So, I use pounds. πŸ˜‰

I will be fasting on Wednesdays and Fridays. I am also interested In trying to fast from 7pm to noon the next day everyday, as I read on another thread. Sounds like it will limit my binging on off days…. I need to exercise more and eat less. Seems simple!

Thanks in advance for all your inspiration!

I’m IN! I really need 2018 to be a new start for me altogther. I look forward to seeing how well I do. Starting on Monday I’m aiming to do this diet for 9 weeks up to Xmas to start with.

Hello and welcome to Luvnlife and Podgyboo. Floridag1r1- you’ve been with me since I started 5:2 in March so it’s excellent that you’re joining us!

Whether you’re new to this or an old hand, I propose that we take measurements straight away as quite often you can lose more more in bulk than in weight, especially if you’re doing more exercise and it’s very reassuring to see the cm or inches disappear. I will do mine again tonight so I can compare with March and January 2018.

Lilimar, yes I do try to incorporate exercise into my life. I see you are swimming which will make a fantastic difference to your motivation and toning up. I try to swim twice a week but often it’s only once. I also cycle, usually twice a week and do a lot of gardening. Exercise really helps me because seems to boost my metabolism and I need all the help I can get with that (I’m 59). BTW, I live in France as well, a bit north of La Rochelle.

Anyway, I’m so glad we now have a nice group who are going to do this together. Have a great weekend and we are doing this! Remember, if you are serious about losing 4-5kg before January 1st 2018, why not join us?

Hi all, new here! I’m looking to lose at least 4 stone and hopefully reach my goal by this time next year. I’ve done most “fad” diets over the past few years and have only put more weight on (always the way!). I watched the programme/read the book when they first came out but never actually stuck to the diet properly. I was only a few lbs overweight then. Got much more to lose now πŸ™ I was also recently diagnosed with IBS, so I’m hoping there will be other health benefits as well as weight loss.

Going to start my first FD on Tuesday. Good luck to everyone starting/restarting. Hopefully I’ll have lost at least a stone by Christmas! πŸ˜‰

C2L xx

Hope I’m not too late to join in??? If not, then count me in!! I started 5:2 on 04/09/17 and so far have lost 13lbs (5.5kgish). I would like to lose another 5.5 kg by 01/01/2018!! Great Topic idea!!! Look forward to hearing about everyones journey to the big day. Good luck to all!!

LubNLife, Podgy, C2L….Welcome!

I’ll introduce myself…I live in Florida, duh! I’m over 50 and have been slowly gaining weight over the past several years. The extra pounds were really starting to affect my health…high blood pressure and joint issues. I finally decided to do something about it. January I started on this 5:2 journey and started exercising, by July I had lost 30 lbs … high blood pressure, gone!…problems with my knees, gone! I’ve not been as disciplined since my Summer vacation (this always happens), but I am happy to see that I have been able to maintain πŸ™‚

I usually fast on Monday and Wednesday…Friday I usually do a 16:8 (I skip breakfast and lunch, then eat only dinner). So today is a fasting day for me…Good luck to you all!

Hello hello!

Lot’s of us all of a sudden, that’s so cool and encouraging!

I was developing knee joint issues too, and my right knee is still bothering me a bit.

Had my parents in law here this weekend so ate quite a lot, including a marvellous restaurant lunch in Arcachon, with wine, didn’t watch what I ate at all. But had an extra swim in the sea Sunday and we walked quite a lot and I did a load of gardening yesterday after I saw them off at the train station and hurrah, I have lost 200grams! Down to 78.1 !!!

Today is my first fast day, I have a big bowl of coffee (though I have it with milk, can’t do black coffee sorry) for breakfast. Then nothing until lunchtime when I may or may not have a big bowl of mixed salad, then nothing until evening meal, and not sure yet but may make a curry with rice.

I do this 2 or 3 times a week, last 2 weeks skipped lunch altogether and saved calories until evening meal. It’s working for me, weight loss has slowed a bit but is consistent and my waist is emerging and I look a lot less like a barrel on legs!

How is everyone doing this week?
    I am hoping that you all had a good fasting day!

Lili, how did your first fasting day go?
    Nik, Great job on the 13 lb loss! I hope that you are having a good week.
    C2L, How did you do with your first fasting day?

My FD, on Mon, wasn’t so great πŸ™ … I am going to do better today, on FD #2. I can’t wait to hear how you are all doing. πŸ™‚

Hello please count me inI I need to get on track! My first fast day will be Thursday

HI,
    Fasting day didn’t go! OH has been home for lunch so I ended up eating with him whereas on my own I often skip lunch and in the evenings I’ve had Thai red curry with rice so I’ve been over the 500 cal limit but under 1500.
    What is totally incredible is that I’ve STILL lost weight!!! Am down to 77.4kg this morning. I am losing 1kg a week at the moment, just hope it lasts!
    With 1cm GONE from bust, waist and hips respectively.
    Will fast today, will be my only one this week so it’ll be a 6.1 week not a 5.2. I do a 16.8 just having a bowl of ground coffee with skimmed milk for breakfast.
    Good luck to everyone else doing FD!
    Remember we can do this!
    C2L, what’s IBS?

Hi Floridag1rl – two fast days this week and stayed just under my 500 cals on both days. I then workout in the evenings on Fast Days – 2 classes on a Monday and one circuits class and an hour in the spa on a Wednesday!! Weigh in tomorrow – Wish me luck!! I am hoping to have lost that last pound to have made it a stone lost!! I am taking my partner away for his birthday Sun-Weds next week so will have to try to cram two fast days in somehow! Good luck to everyone who is on a FD! CMs lost so far: Waist = 6cm, Hips = 4.5 cm, Arm = 2.5cm. C2L I am looking to lose 3.5 stone all together so another 2.5 to go for me which I would like to have lost by April as that is when I am taking my partner to Italy for the main part of his gift for his 50th. Good luck to you.

Hello elkster! I’m trying to get back on track also…been a little sloppy since my Summer vacation.

Lili, whatever you are doing seems to be working! Hope it keeps going that way for you πŸ™‚

Nik…WTG! on those fasting days! It sounds like it is going well for you. I hope that you have a nice trip. You’ll have to be sure to get right back to it, when you get home.

I had a good FD yesterday. I’ll probably be fasting Tue & Thur next week because of my work schedule.

Have a great day everyone!

Hello everyone!

Where are you guys? How are you doing?

Fasting day for me…and I really need it! I was bad yesterday. πŸ™ Nothing but water for me today.

We are finally going to get some cool weather in Florida tonight! Yeah!
    Have a “fasting” good day πŸ™‚

Hello everyone. How are you all doing?

I’m on my first real FD of this challenge. We had to do a complicated family visit over in the UK last week and it’s not been possible to stick to a proper routine. I managed by skipping breakfast, generally eating smaller amounts and trying to make healthy choices such as white fish. No weight lost but none gained either!

However, I’m back on it now and am enjoying the hungry feeling which is so much better than feeling stuffed full of food. It’s still pretty warm where we are in France (25c today!) so we still have a lot to do in the garden. I’ve just picked about about 5kg tomatoes so I’m going to make some tomato soup.

How are you all doing with exercise? I’m going to make a big effort to keep more active as I know it really helps me to lose weight and sleep better. Today it’s gardening for me.

Next FD for me will be Friday- not ideal but it has to be done. What are you all doing this week? It would be good to hear from everyone who has decided to do this challenge as the mutual support really does make a big difference. If you haven’t got off to a great start (like me), it doesn’t matter. Let’s get going today!

Hello everyone! I fasted last Thursday and yesterday and was successful. I am eating 800 calories on those days. My next fast day is on Thursday. I was really hungry last night but this morning it wasn’t too bad. I have 10kg to lose and figure this would be the best christmas present to myself and maybe some new clothes as a treat when I reach my goal. I have never tried just having water on my fast day did you find it hard @floridag1rl.

Nice to hear from you, f&f. I really enjoyed your post. 5kg of tomatoes, that sounds awesome! and tomato soup sounds awesome….
    No weight gain while you’re away is great…your strategies are good…we’re are really getting good at this way of eating! I love your positivity!

elkster, congrats on your fasting days! I love the way you are looking at it…”as a gift to yourself” … that is fabulous!
    When I first started…I tried the 500 calories…it was just too difficult for me to stick to only 500 cal…I’m kind-of an all-or-nothing personality…so it’s easier for me to have nothing. I do really well while I am at work, the hard part is when I get home in the evenings…and I usually get a headache…but in the mornings I feel great.

I am fasting with you today, elkster! Good luck to us! and you on Friday, f&f!

Hello everyone. Well, I had a successful FD and feel like I’m back on track. Elkster, how are you finding 800 calories on FDs? If you’re losing weight on that, it’s brilliant.

I know I couldn’t manage on a water only fast all day but eating nothing until the evening works for me on FDs.

How are you all doing with exercise? I’m gardening again today. I’ve cut and moved over 50m of raspberry canes which has taken about 3 hours. I’ll continue this afternoon as the weather is still amazing.

Will anyone else be fasting tomorrow? I’ve not done a Friday before so I hope I can stick to it!

I hope that you are doing well with your Friday fast, f&f. and glad to hear that you are back on track.

You are amazing! with the exercise! and fresh raspberries, too?

I will be back to my usual schedule next week. Yeah! Monday, Wednesday and a partial on Friday.

Hubby said today, “you look like you are losing weight again.” I haven’t lost any more weight…but it was nice to hear! Makes the FDs worth it.

πŸ™ I am still not doing well with the exercise…thanks for poking at me. πŸ™‚
    Now that it is getting cooler…I’m going to try to get back to it.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Hello…just joined this today. I’m 48, nearly 49. I need to lose 3 stone. Ideally I’d like to do this by March 2018 but defo by by JUly 2018 as I’m going to a wedding I have spent a RIDICULOUS amount of money on a size 10 dress. So, currently a size 15 (between 14 and 16 so nothing fits !). 20lbs by New Year would be a good start though. x

Hi Floridag1r1, welcome Amandmoo and hello to everyone else, if you’ve signed up to this challenge or you’re just reading the thread.

The Friday fast went really well until about an hour ago (just tea for breakfast, coffee for lunch and a hard boiled egg/ smoked trout salad tonight). Then I saw my husband with a nice glass of red wine! I know it’s not part of the plan and not very sensible but I’m only human so I’ve nearly finished a small glass of red wine, too. It could be much worse (more wine, crisps, so I’m not going to beat myself up about it. In future, I shall avoid Friday fasts and maybe I’ll follow your Friday plan, Floridag1r1, of not eating until Friday evening.

Amandamoo, I think it’s entirely feasible to lose 3 stone before July next year. This is a marathon, not a sprint. If you haven’t read up the basics on the website such as finding your TDEE, then please do it as it makes a world of difference.

You must be feeling very inspired by your husband’s comments, Floridag1r1. It really does make you want to stick with it, doesn’t it? What are you going to do for exercise?

Talking of exercise, my best cycling buddy suggested today that we sign up for a charity bike ride next September from Venice to Rome. The first day is 126 miles and I would be celebrating my 60th birthday on the last day. It will involve a lot of training but will raise a lot of money for a good cause and it would certainly help in the weight loss challenge. I’m more than tempted and will let you know if we’re going to do it!

Next FD (sans vin rouge) on Monday. Have a great weekend and walk away from the cake.

Hello Floridag1rl, firmandfruity, and welcome Amandamoo. My fast day was yesterday and it went well. I am down 1 lb. I think for me it is best to start at 800 cal on fast day especially for my family. I don’t want to be too hangry. Once I get used to it I will see where it goes. I like your idea Floridag1rl of the friday plan I think I will try that too. My weakness is a nice glass of red wine in the evening too. My fast days next week will be Monday and Thursday. Have a great weekend!

Hi everyone, I would like to join the challenge. Today is my first day and I am looking at Mon and Thu being my fast days. Im from Australia, just joined the gym and need to lose ALOT of weight. So a challenge with a group should help me get going. This weekend is time to sort the pantry and stock up on healthy options… and basically get organised.

Hi firmandfruity and everyone else

Am I too late to join? I’ve had a terrible few weeks in many aspects and would really like to get back on it.
    Last time I started I lost a stone (about 6kg) would like to lose that again for end of December if not a little bit more.
    The forums help me stay on track. Will we be submitting losses?

Looking forward to healthier November that’s for sure.

Hello and welcome to jenlil and Slogan15. No, you’re not too late to join as this is a medium term challenge. If, like me, you still have a fair bit to lose then we have to be realistic and lose the weight slowly and steadily. If we have the odd day (or 3) where we can’t quite stick to it, it doesn’t matter but we need to get back on plan as soon as we can.

I think we should all submit losses (weight and/or measuremnets) once a month as it gives a true picture of actual fat loss. Another thing I found very inspiring when I first started this in March was interim targets such as being able to wear a particular item of clothing so please let everyone know any successes like that, too. It will inspire all of us.

I’m on a non fast day today but have taken it easy so far as we’re having roast lamb with onion gravy and vegetables with a nice bottle of red wine this evening.

It would be great to hear from everyone who is still doing this challenge by Monday night so we know who we are.

I would like to join as well. I am 47, female, living in Alberta, Canada. I had done this a couple of years ago but fell off the wagon. My goal weight is 15 lbs away but probably want to lose 17 lbs before I go onto maintenance as a bit of a buffer. As with anyone, my weight fluctuates, even gained 2 lbs after a fasting day because I did a new exercise, muscles retained water, and got stitches (just mole removal) and whole body retained water. πŸ˜‚
    Amandamoo – I admire your commitment buying that new dress. I’ve been thinking about getting a goal outfit and you have inspired me to start looking!
    I track my weight daily & weekly but not usually my measurements so the monthly measurements will be good for me to see. Ate & drank too much and stayed up way too late last so today is a definite fast day to get me started.

Hello everyone

It’s school holidays so been kinda busy.
    SkinnyMe, put all that behind you and keep going forwards!
    I haven’t been as on track as I should be and have got into a bad habit of drinking a couple of small glasses of wine every night with my dinner! Before I restricted this pleasant treat to weekends only so today I’m going to knock that on the head. Although I’m off to my parents in law Wednesday- Saturday so wine’ll be back on the menu! I’ll do what firm and fruity did and restrict the size of my portions. We’ll be taking the dog so lots of after meal long brisk walks will help as well!!! As long as I don’t put any weight on I’ll be happy as every meal is a formal three course affair with aperatiifs and nibbles and wine with each course!

I haven’t put on weight with the wine relapse thing but it’s slowed me down, which is frustrating. But on the 12th Oct when I joined you all I weighed in at –
    78.4KG
    Bust 102cm
    Waist 93cm
    Hips 98 cm
    And today I am –
    Weight 76.3 kg
    Bust 100 cm
    Waist 89 cm
    Hips 96cm
    Which is a loss of 2.1kg this month and a total loss of 6.7 kg since I started on Sept 14th which is about a stone. So things are going reasonably well!!! And my clothes are loose!!!! 😜
    I probably won’t be able to post again for a few days so in the meantime good luck to everyone with this month’s weigh in and measurement taking! We are all here together and going in the right direction!!!

Hello everyone and fantastic progress, Lilimar. Your 2.1kg in a month and 6.7kg since 14th September are great losses.

I’m with you on the wine thing. It’s so easy, here in France to get into the habit of drinking a glass or two most days but it’s important for me to try to not to! If I drink wine, then I lose a lot of resistance to snack on rubbish and end up eating a bag of crisps or a piece of cheese or whatever.

I generally don’t drink alcohol Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, sometime Thursday too. If we go out on those days, I volunteer to drive so I’m not eve tempted.

Is anyone else doing a FD today? I am and so far I’ve just had tea froo breakfast, and 1 grilled tomato and coffee for lunch. We have guests and I cooked egg, bacon, baked beans and grilled tomato for everyone else but managed to nt cave in. We’re going rowing this afternoon so that might burn off a few calories, too.

Let us know how you’re all doing.

Well i was supposed to be doing a fast day but completely forget and just ate dinner oops 😁🀀 beef casserole so not too bad.
    We are trying to cut back on the alcohol as well it easily creeps into the daily life and that is what has added to my weight gain thats for sure.
    Keep going everyone

Sorry, I forgot to say hello to SkinnyMe. Glad to have you with us and I’m sure you’ll find the measurement changes a big inspiration.

My FD has gone well but looking forward to more food tomorrow (which is actually today because it’s very late.

Good luck for all your FDs this week.

Hi Everyone, I had a lovely trip but there were so many nice restaurants and teashops with delicious cakes that I ate A LOT!!! When I got back home I hadn’t gained any weight but due to it being my partners birthday we still had a couple more meals out and drinks etc. I haven’t weighed myself since (but I expect I have put on a couple lbs) but I got back on track yesterday (Monday) with a 500 cal FD and two workouts in the evening. Today is an eat day and I am making chicken and mushroom linguine which I am looking forward to already lol. I am doing another FD tomorrow and another workout class in the evening. I will do a weigh in and take measurements Friday and I will let you all know how I get on!! Wish me luck?!?!?

WOW! We’ve got quite a group here!
    Welcome to all the new-comers! Jen, Slogan, Amanda

f&f – good job sticking to you FD, while serving guests! That cycling event sounds like quite a challenge and such an achievement for your 60th…you should go for it! I know that you can do it!

Amanda – welcome! and yes, your goal is totally achievable!
    elkster – how did your Monday fast go? 1 lb down, you are on your way!
    Jen – and how did your Monday fast go? Cleaning out the pantry was a grand idea.
    Lilimar – Awesome weightloss! I hope that you have a great trip.
    Nikmann – WTG! getting right back to it!

I have to report no weightloss for the month of October…but I am maintaining…so I am looking at that as a win. As I said before…I know why…too many calories and too much alcohol over the weekends, and not any exercise. πŸ™ I can feel my motivation coming back. I am still 10 lbs from my initial goal…15 from a healthy BMI. I’m not giving up…I like this way of eating…I feel that there are many other benefits to the fasting also.

Here in the US we are coming up on holiday season…Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year…I will be happy if I am able to maintain, then hit it hard after the first like I did last year.

Good luck to everyone! Have a great day! πŸ™‚

Happy Halloween Everyone! Welcome jenlil slogan15 skinnyMe45! firmandfruity good job sticking to a fd with guests. I find it tough! I also fasted on Monday and it went well. I did have 1 glass of wine it was yummy! Floridag1rl awesome for maintaining, holidays are tough but I think having the fd make it easier to avoid the gain. Have a great day my next FD will be Thursday. Next week my FD will be Monday and Wednesday. Have a great day!

FD #2 here…this week is going well…FD, Monday was successful! And I stayed under my calorie allotment for an eat day…feeling good today! πŸ™‚

Good luck to all the fasters, today and tomorrow!

Still Nov 1 here in Alberta, Canada. Am starting my month at 142.8lbs. Took measurements in cm so can see the changes a bit better. Measurements were:
    Bust: 94cm
    Waist: 75cm
    Hip: 98.2cm
    Hoping to get well into the 130’s by the end of November with an overall goal for Jan of the high 120’s / low 130’s.

Hello everyone

I hope you’re all doing well and it’s great to hear from lots of you. Well done for the FDs and posting measurements, Skinny, Elkster, Nikmann and Floridag1r1. Lilimar, Slogan and Jenlil – good luck with your FDs and we look forward to hearing of your successes.

I’m on my second FD of the week. We have guests until Saturday so it’s difficult because I have to cook nice food for them and then not eat it myself! It is so worth it though. Good luck to us Thursday fasters.

Happy Monday everyone…I hope that everyone had a nice weekend.
    I still felt like I over ate over the weekend. πŸ™

This is a new week! Monday FD here.

Small changes can make a big difference.

Hello everyone. I hope Monday fasters have had a successful FD. I had a nice weekend, thank you Floridag1r1. I didn’t overeat but I did eat some bread ( half a baguette in total, spead over 2 days) which has caused me to bloat and gain 1.5kg! I rarely eat bread and have learned my lesson.

I’ve managed well on the exercise front- 2.5 hour bike ride on Sunday followed by gardening, a 50 minute swim today and 1.5 hours dancing tonight. If it’s decent weather tomorrow, I’ll be working in the garden.

Next FD, Wednesday.
    I hope you all have a great week.

Hi all
    Im really struggling to even start! 😯 I’ve decided to start a fd tomorrow and begin again.
    6 weeks til christmas we can do this

Good luck everyone

I’d like to join your challenge. I just signed up and am ready to start this new lifestyle.

Hello everyone…and welcome DeniPooh!

f&f keep talking…you’re going to get me back on track with the exercise…I love your dedication to your physical activities. πŸ™‚
    In my defense, I am on my feet all day at work…I am just plain tired when I get home…that’s my excuse, anyway. πŸ™‚
    I’ll get back to it eventually.

Slogan, good luck with your fasting day…I am fasting with you today…they are having a luncheon today, at work…I am trying to wiggle out of it…I’m planning to save mine for tomorrow.

A huge part of losing weight
    is believing that YOU CAN DO IT
    and realizing that it’s not going to happen overnight.

Happy fasting πŸ™‚

Hi All, I weighed in on Friday 03/11/17 and no weight off but no weight on either which I am pleased about. I did lose 0.5 cm off my waist but no other losses other than that but after the week away and all the meals and cakes etc I have to say I am pleasantly surprised. Second fast day of the week for me today. All going well so far then I’m at the circuits class tonight after work. I kept below my 500cals (just) on Monday and did two gym classes that evening so I am hoping to have lost 1lb or some cms off my measurements this Friday. Good luck to all on a fast day.

Hi all

So my fast day went ok. thought I would continue and eat homemade soup. well when I took it out of the freezer it was a congealed mess! I don’t know what went wrong but hey ho. Instead of buying a sandwich though, I quickly made a salad.

I am determined to lose a bit before Christmas.

Happy days

Happy Friday, all.

It sounds like you are doing great, Nik…keep up the good work!

Slogan, great job, with the healthy improvising! I am glad that you had a successful FD!

I didn’t do so well with my Wed. FD…I fell apart when I got home…fell back into my old ways…it was a sad πŸ™ binge.

I’ve shaken it off…did real well yesterday, staying within my calorie allotment. Doing a partial FD today. I weighed-in this morning and I am still holding steady. πŸ™‚
    I am going to try very hard over the weekend to NOT over-eat and eat only healthy foods.

Never give up
    everyone has bad days,
    pick yourself up and KEEP GOING!

Hi Floridag1rl – great attitude there. We ALL fall off the wagon from time to time so well done for maintaining and for keeping positive.
    Weighted in on Friday 10/11/17, another pound off and another cm off my waist and 1 and a half cm off my hips so all going in the right direction. Second and last fast day of the week today, circuits class tonight. I am going to have to work out hard as I ate A LOT on my Non Fast Day yesterday then I am out for a meal with the Directors after work tomorrow.
    Good luck all.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 75 total)

You must be logged in to reply.