Had a baby 6 weeks ago and not losing weight

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Had a baby 6 weeks ago and not losing weight

This topic contains 3 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  sarbeth82 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• I’ve been doing the 4.3 diet and sometimes I fast 2 days on the run and do 4 days a week for around 3 weeks now and I’m not losing weight. I had a baby nearly 6 weeks ago and I’ve been eating around 1800 calories on other days and exercise doing cardio for around a hour and half a day. My weight isn’t budging im 139 pounds now and 4 foot 11. Please help I really want lose my baby weight.

IMHO, Don’t stress, enjoy your new baby – plenty of time to lose that weight, just give yourself some time for your body to get back to normal… if you are breastfeeding, 5:2 (and 4:3) probably isn’t the best thing to be doing right now anyway, very easy to get dehydrated, need to keep those nutrient levels up each day (are you feeling really tired most days?)

Don’t take this the wrong way, you know your body and situation better than anyone on an online forum could possibly understand… but sometimes, slower is better than faster – even if that means not seeing any major results right now (they will come). Keeping something sustainable so that you can maintain it for a longer period of time is more important than pushing too hard and getting quick results… especially when your body was/is going through major hormonal changes.

Congratulations on the new addition to your family, from my experience (as a dad), the 6-week mark is about where things start to settle down a bit, the baby starts to sleep longer through the night (and so does the mother!). Good luck.

Hi Hannah,
    6 weeks after your baby is born you are still meant to have a saggy tummy, extra weight on your thighs, ballooning breasts (plus bags under your eyes and uncombed hair! 😉 )

I second what Vaderz has said. Good luck! Make it sustainable. be kind to yourself!

Don’t feel pressured by social media and ‘celebrity’ stories of quick return to pre-baby weight/ figure. Focus on being a new Mum and giving your baby the best healthiest start you can. Six weeks from giving birth seems a little soon to be panicking about your weight, particularly if you’re breast feeding,

I had my baby Jan 2016 and I didn’t even start thinking about weight loss until this Dec…largely cause I was nursing. 6 weeks out is very early to be doing this, IMO.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.