Going to do my best to lose 12kg before a wedding in 16 weeks!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
Going to do my best to lose 12kg before a wedding in 16 weeks!

This topic contains 13 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Hidden-star 8 years ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• Hi all, I have just finished reading The Fast Diet updated edition and am ready to give the 5:2 diet my best shot.
    I have a wedding in 16 weeks time where I will be a bridesmaid and have 12kg (26.5lbs) to lose to get back to my healthy weight, not just for the wedding but for life. So getting as near to my target weight as I can by then is what I’m really aiming for – NOT a crash diet!
    I’m feeling really nervous, I have experimented with fast days before but always caved in in the evening, managing to pack in thousands of calories before bed as I felt so hungry. I really struggle to sleep if I have restricted my calorie intake in the day :/ any tips?
    Love the idea of the forum so we don’t have to struggle through alone and its so inspirational to see people getting healthier and slimmer without having to constantly be on a diet πŸ™‚

Hi Adele, I hope you make your goal! All power to you. Having that wedding is a great impetus.

How have you gone so far? Did you manage a light fasting day or two?

Hey everyone!

I just realized that I had registered in this forum around 2 years ago. As you can see from my name I was in Ireland back then, spending one year there. I gained around 7 kg there (around 15lbs) and after coming back home to Germany I did not manage to loose it until now. But for now I am really tired of seeing me in the mirror like that, and although I managed to keep my weight since I am back home, nevertheless I did not loose any of it!
    My goal is it to also loose 25lbs until summer. I haven’t set a specific date or occasion yet,although I think when I see how the first weeks go and can estimate the speed in which the weight hopefully will disappear I will see what my goal will be. Probably around the middle of July, maybe my dad’s birthday.
    I love the idea of the forum as well! Getting tips first hand will hopefully helps a lot in getting over the cravings on fast days.

I already read in this forum that mini targets along the way would be very helpful and I do believe that it could be a good way to keep you motivated.

Adele1993 and Cinque, we could be buddies helping each other along on our fast days! I will be doing one tomorrow.
    How are you doing so far?

I want to lose 15kg before my birthday in may…I really need to lose weight especially in my tummy region

Hi Eve and welcome:

The average weight loss on 5:2 is about a pound a week. Here is some information on 5:2 – you might read the ‘Warnings’ link: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Hey how is it going for you?

I’m not weighing myself a lot but lost around 1 kg already, very pleased! πŸ™‚

Hi you all! I have been a member on this site for almost 2 years, but i didnt give it my all… But now I’m ALL in!! Have lost some weight though, but still have 12 kg left i feel….

On my fast day I usually eat 2 meals, and all other days I try to eat Low carb. Or our family does. πŸ™‚

Hello Fru Lorentzen,

welcome and it is nice to get some feedback here πŸ˜€
    Same for me, I have been a member here for two years but now I’m all in too!
    I just had a Bia-analysis done yesterday and it said that I have too much fat in my body and to get my ideal weight I need to loose 7kg.
    Let’s get ready for summer!

I’m on my fast day today and just had my lunch meal which contained of broccoli, some boiled potatoes and a small bit of meat that I couldn’t resist because my parents were eating their normal lunch portions at the same table. Have 250 calories left for the day now, hopefully will make it πŸ™‚

Hi everyone,

Sorry I haven’t posted, think I was pretty ashamed, had a really stressful few weeks where my fast days turned into evening binges and ended up gaining more weight (+3kg!!) which has made me feel pretty crappy. I’m definitely a ‘stress eater’ though and picking is my downfall, so hopefully now I can start over now that I am under less pressure. I also downloaded the NHS weight loss planner where you can write in your daily Kcal and weekly weight and any foods you ate that you didn’t plan on and I’ve put that on my fridge so I can look back over the whole week easily and identify my downfalls. I find fast days so difficult from about 6pm onwards, before that no problem just having some coffee and drinks but by the evening I have headaches and feel starving hungry, any tips for evening success??

Thanks everyone,

good luck hope you are doing well πŸ™‚

Hi Adele,
    Glad to see you here – I think everyone is different so you really need to experiment and find what works for you. There are many different ways to tweak IF but it takes patience to find your best method.

For me – eating eggs, bacon, cheese, salads and very low carb on my eating days works the best. It *really* helps with my hunger and cravings even on my fasting days.

I also find it MUCH easier to fast on just water and coffee. Any food gets me back into eating mode. I definitely get hungry on my fasting days, but the hunger absolutely comes in waves so when I am feeling the tummy rumbles I know they will pass soon. I also like to think that I am burning fat when my stomach is empty. It feels empowering. Chicken broth can help with headaches to get you the salt you might be needing, but I found I didn’t need it after a couple fasting days. Lots of water too…..lots and lots and lots!

Have you read simcoeluv’s post for beginners? It is very helpful!
    https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/.

He also posted links to Dr. Fung’s lectures which have been super helpful as well. (I cut and pasted it from one of simcoeluv’s posts….)

“Here are the links to six of his lectures – 4 is on fasting and 6 is on the importance of fat.

1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpllomiDMX0
    2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dimP7IdM2Og
    3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbnshVO4PRM
    4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG89j432w-Y
    5: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yoOx_7MLn0
    6: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QetsIU-3k7Y”

The fasting and fat lectures are probably the most interesting to people on this site, but they are all excellent. The research mentioned was current as of the lecture dates, and to my knowledge has not been β€˜overturned’ since then. Some of the research has been confirmed, and the research on fat has become so compelling that even governments and doctors are just starting to acknowledge that fat can be good for you. ”

Cheers

Hi Adele and everyone else,

I’m also trying to lose weight for a wedding in 13 weeks (end of June). I’m not in the wedding or anything but I live far away from family so I will be seeing many family there. I should say that I’m not really losing weight for the wedding. I started this way before but I’m using the wedding as motivation and focus.

I have started 5:2 a little over a month ago and I’m loving it. It makes it so much easier for me. I only eat an evening meal on fast days which I find easier. If I start to feel hungry, I quickly make some tea and it goes away.

If love to have some support buddies.

Hi everyone I tried a 500 kcal day this week and went way over eating 1250kcal but still a deficit. I have been exercising every day and it has made me even more hungry :/ but I want to continue exercising for the health benefits. Seeing as I keep ‘failing’ at sticking to 500kcal 2 days a week I’m going to try 3 x 900kcal days + 4 x 1800kcal rather than 2 x 500kcal days and 5 x 1800. That should give me a similar kcal deficit and hopefully will be more achievable for me, at least for now. Today I am tying the first 900kcal day, stopped eating at 9pm last night and had coffee with a little milk for breakfast, exercised then had a light lunch at 12.15 so I am trying to keep a slight fasting window but make it more achievable… Would love to hear what you guys think if you have time.
    Struggling so much with getting this going :/

Thanks, A xx

Hi again,
    That is great that you have a new plan to try out. I worry that it would be a very slow way to lose – but if you are patient and stick to it that may be what works for you.

You haven’t mentioned if you have tried cutting back or out sugar and processed grains (carbs). They truly seem to be the driving factor in my craving days. If I have sugar or white flour in the morning I crave it all day long not to mention I am never satisfied after eating more and more of it.

Have you tried fasting all day and then having a 500 calorie low carb meal? I had eggs and bacon (YUM!) last night after fasting all day and it wasn’t too uncomfortable. I have found as soon as I start eating it is pretty hard to stop myself so waiting until dinner gives me a shorter period of eating time before I can go to bed and call it a day.

Just some suggestions…..everyone is so different – I hope whatever you are doing works! We are so lucky to have so much food available to us – but it can be a curse as well.
    Cheers!

I agree with MelindaShay reducing carbs have greatly reduced my cravings. Something to think about and possibly try. However you got a great plan to move forward to try 900 calories. Keep that positive attitude – things will get easier.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply.