From Mass, USA First Day Today

This topic contains 255 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  MassPoodleWoman 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 256 total)

• Me!!! But it’s still early here πŸ™

Hey Janey – I’m fasting today too! Doing ok so far – but came really close to scrapping it when I had to go buy bagels, cream cheese and lox for the office today. I compromised by setting a bagel aside for myself for tomorrow, although no such luck saving any lox – that stuff flew out the door like crazy!

Feeling good about myself for not giving in though! πŸ™‚ Your water sounds really nice! I’m just having some peppermint tea, but yours sounds so much more refreshing!

On 3rd fast day in a row, more cuz I have a horrible cold and soups seem to be all I want anyway so did soup for chicken veggie dinner on Tuesday, Seafood Stew for lunch and White Chicken Chili for dinner yesterday and soup so far for lunch today (made a new one Thai curry chicken and veggie) and have a bowl of the fresh batch of chicken and veggie I made at the same time as the Thai one. Plus sugar free cough drops.

Freezer is now stocked with 20 portions of homemade low calorie soups made today plus still some seafood stew and white chicken chili.

Hope everyone who fasted yesterday had a good one.

I weighed and measured today and was a bit disappointed by results, stayed the same or slightly up in weight, and the same on hips, biceps, calf measurements, waist was slightly up if I didn’t suck it in (.5 Inch) but same if I did. Slightly down were Neck (.25), Bust (1 inch), wrist (.25 Inch) and thigh (.5 inch).

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

MPW – snap!!! I also am a bit disappointed as I have been so good this week – also up slightly although feeling good in myself in terms of body shape! Just have to try not to go off the rails this weekend in England with my family – so excited!!

Have a great weekend everyone, I am not fasting now til Wed and will try and fit 2 in next week though could be tough!!

Hey MPW and Janey – I was up when I weighed this morning too – by 1 lb. But when I look at my chart I see a jagged journey that ultimately is headed downward so I’m trying to stay cheerful. It helps that the sun is shining bright this morning and I’m wearing my flip flops to work. Always helps put me in a good mood. πŸ™‚

Good luck with your journey Janey!! I hope you’ve been practicing your response to all your family and friends when they start telling you how amazing you look!

I was up slightly yesterday and down today even after a moderately high calorie feed day, so it just bounces around! General trend is down though and I tried on some stuff yesterday that was too tight the end of last year that now fits better so that is a win.
    I’m suffering this morning with a strained back-must have been all that work unpacking boxes, damx it. Have too much to do to be laid up with a cranky back.

Next fast day, #3 this week, is tomorrow, Saturday.
    Aloha from Hawaii!

I see I’m not the only one with disappointment on the scales this morning. I too had a 1 pound increase also. I blame myself for not drinking enough water lately as the reason for my increase. I’ve been reaching for diet sodas more instead of water because I had bought some on sale. I’m going to save the rest of the diet soda for an occasional treat and stick to water from now on.

Hi all,

Since I was up last week, I’m hoping Monday will show me a bit down. I’m glad to know that it’s not just me and that it happens to everyone. I think you’re right LacerX, the trend is more important than the individual weigh-ins. I’m done fasting until Monday and hope that I can keep myself in check this weekend.

good 3rd fast day yesterday but I was pretty much down for the count with the back. Damn it, gotta get on the plane Wednesday so gotta baby this thing until then. Hope everyone is well and on track with their fast days.

Hey all!

Had a great week! It was one of the hardest weeks on my fast days but I got through it. I did a 3:4 and fasted on M/W/F and weighed in Saturday… worked out 4 days HARD. I dropped 4.5 lbs this week making it down 28 lbs! The wife took me shopping and I got into a new size in jeans. The hard work is definately paying off!

Sorry to hear everyone is having a hard time. Definatley keep pushing on!

Ryanvinedale-congrats!!!
    I’m puffed up from high dose anti-inflammatories and up 2 pounds on the scale. Getting some muscle relaxants today which I hope will be the answer to the back. Don’t want to get on a plane with this cramping/pain….

Fasting today. Stay strong everyone!

Fastdiet1115 Feel better and hope that back is better by the time you get on a plane. These days the plane is uncomfortable enough.

Ryan – woohoo, congrats! Nice 4.5 lb. drop.

Hello to everyone on this thread. I was glad to find a thread with people from the USA. I am from the Midwest, am in my late 40’s, and have about 120 lbs to lose. I am in my 3rd week of fasting, and have lost 15 lbs so far!! Yippee!

I have been doing 4:3 from the start, and found that it really has not been that hard to do! Shocking to me since I have tried every diet out there, and have struggled with all of them! What I love about this approach is that I can personalize it to what works for me!

So, on my fast days I eat nothing at all, and only drink a cup of coffee with cream throughout the morning. For me, it’s a LOT easier to eat nothing at all on fast days than to eat a limited amount. Just keep the lion in the cage all day long! On non-fasting days, I don’t follow any rules (no calorie counting, weighing and measuring of food, counting points, limiting carbs, or anything else). For this to work for me, I know I have to feel free to eat what I want (within normal limits of course)! And that’s what I love about this program!

I went to dinner last night and had a substantial meal, and was totally satisfied, and today when I woke up, I was actually looking forward to having a fast day!

Thank you to all of you on this thread who have written about your journey with this way of life. It totally inspired me as I read through it all this morning! I am excited to join this little community!

Welcome eni1001! Glad to hear you’re already having successes and that you’ve found a routine that works for you. Pair all that with the support from the website and you should be golden!

I’m on my weeklong holding pattern again while I wait to find out if our baby efforts have been successful this month – should know by tomorrow. πŸ™‚ If not, back on the fasting train! I did fast last week and did a mini fast on Monday where I didn’t eat all day until dinner, but for dinner I didn’t count calories and am sure I ate more than 500 because I started to worry that I might be hurting our chances. My normal next fast day is Thursday, so I may be able to still fit that in if things are clear early enough in the day.

Hello everyone and a big welcome and congratulations to ene1001 – what a great start, you sound as though you are embracing this new WOL with exactly the right attitude.

I had an amazing but all too brief long weekend in England, saw all my family and it was worth every second!! So many lovely compliments on how slim I was looking so I was delighted and I felt great! My first FD of the week today as enjoyed my days away but don’t think I went too mad although didn’t worry about what I ate at all! Hope to fit another in on Friday but that may not happen as not sure I will be in the right frame of mind as its usually done by Thursday – we shall see – just been to the gym and did 30 mins of HIIT so now feel like I could do with a grapefruit as a treat, haven’t planned my dinner which was foolish and I have SO much English chocolate in the house…..

Good luck with this week LacerX!

Ryan – amazing loss – well done you!
    Sanguinepenguin – how you doing this week?

I plan to weigh in on Saturday so as to try and minimize weekend damage!!

Hi all!

Busy week for me with school starting again and two courses to teach this term. Thankfully, I tend to do better on the diet when I’m busy. I was down another 1.6 pounds on Monday , which was great to see. Then, I weighed again the next day and was down another pound, to 191! Can’t lie, though, I was hoping for the 180’s. But I’m right on schedule with 1 pound lost per week of dieting, so I can’t complain. 9 weeks until the end of term and I’ve decided to start exercising (beyond the daily walks) again at that point. If I’m another 9 pounds down, I think I’ll be ready to start running again without the fear of sabotaging myself.

I am going to San Fran this weekend and will work hard to keep the drinking and food-ing under control. I really don’t want to see another gain!!! I’ll fast tomorrow and most of Friday until dinner time when I get off the plane in Oakland and meet my husband. We got a convertible for cruising through the wine country πŸ™‚

Welcome ene1001, great start you have!

Good luck to everyone this week, stay strong!

Thank you for the words of welcome to this little community! I look forward to hearing more about how all of you are doing as I continue with the new WOL.

Happy Friday and Happy Easter weekend! I am on FD, 2nd of the week and feeling out of sorts as usually I am a Thursday girl! But determined to keep on track, no cals as of yet. Will weigh tomorrow to see if my weekend in the UK did any real damage but feeling good and have upped the HIIT sessions this week.

Will try and be good with all the chocolate and goodies around this weekend but definitely not going to deprive myself.

Anyone else Fasting today??

Have fun y’all

Janey 263, I did a FD today also, and it went well. I have to do a bunch of food prep tomorrow for Easter, and there will be lots of food on Easter Sunday. Normally if I am on some kind of diet, and am approaching a holiday, I would get stressed about it all, and worried about how I will maintain my diet, and at the same time irritated that I have to be so limiting with food choices. But I feel so free with this whole IF approach! I already know that I will very likely eat more than usual this weekend, but I’m not stressed about it, because I also know that on Monday, I will be doing a FD, and even looking forward to that FD. Wishing everyone a great weekend!

Quick hello and Happy Easter!
    Fasting today (picked today so I would have to stay out of granddaughter’s Easter basket!!)
    Hope you are all doing well.

Hello my friends.

2nd FD of the week for me, hoping to do tomorrow too but may just be a reduced calorie day….trying to make sure the scales don’t show too much damage from a lovely easter weekend!! I am drinking copious amounts of hot drinks and water and its not even midday yet – didn’t eat well last night and it wasn’t wise as I am more hungry than normal.

Anyone else on a FD?? I could do with the moral support!!

Hey everyone!

Not a fast day for me but I had a pretty successful one yesterday. I decided to not weigh myself after my vacay in California, and will do my next weigh-in next Monday. I’m feeling pretty good about it, at this point.

Hope everyone had a nice Easter!

Hi I am back from a vacation in FL. Did one fast day last week and fasted yesterday, the day I got back. Will fast tomorrow as well. Welcome Eni.

Was nice to come home to an almost snow free yard. Hope everyone had a great Passover and/or Easter.

Hi – I did my second fast day this week yesterday. I weighed and measured, mixed results. I am down 2 lbs but my waist measurement is up a 1/2 inch but across my belly button is down an inch, bust is down and inch, calf and bicep down a 1/2 inch (other measurements stayed the same) so all in all good movement when last time there really wasn’t any or up slightly. So even though I only fasted 1 day last week, I must have been ok with my eating on vacation as this week with 2 fast days I am mostly down.

Hope everyone is having a good week!

HI.. a french man in NY.. and this is my first week on the diet and second fast day. I plan to fast Mondays and Fridays at this point to loose 15 lbs. I am about to go to Italy for a bike vacation and I want to keep the regiment when i am on vacation. I know that will be hard. Of course it does help the group will do a lot of exercise but there is the danger to over eat after rides or to under eat during. This has been a challenge for me for years .. trying to balance the food intake in function of the activities. I hope i will do better with this kind of program.

Hello from the beach,
    I had an uneventful 8 hour plane ride-the back did fine. Nice visit with Granddaughter and other family and then we drove 5 hours to the beach 6 days ago. Back and leg pain/cramping have gotten progressively worse. My mom is here visiting and after I had 2 nights in a row where I got very little sleep and was just miserable she and my husband insisted I go to the urgent care clinic (I’m stubborn “it will get better if I just give it time…”). Xrays were fine so it’s not a disk. Doc was sympathetic as his wife suffers on and off with similar symptoms. Started me on steroids and a different muscle relaxant yesterday and big improvements already including a much better sleep last night!!! Had to miss all our golf outings planned for last week, which I won’t do unless I’m almost dead, LOL, so that should have told me I needed to go to the doc. Hopefully on the mend now. Have to take the meds with food so fasting on hold this week but I will watch what I eat.
    Good to see some new names! Hope everyone has a successful week ahead and has their plan put together!
    Will get my golf fix watching The Masters today. Cheers everyone.

Hi all. Monday weigh-in for me, and I’m down 3.3 pounds from two weeks ago. Finally hit the 180’s! 189.1 lbs is what the scale said, so a total of 10.3 pounds in 9 weeks. I’ll take it.

The husband left for work in Florida so this week should be pretty smooth sailing. Hate to say it, but I just simply eat and drink less when he’s gone!

Tuesday and Thursday are my fast days this week; what’s the plan for everyone else?

LacerX, any news?

Hi!

Not the month again for me, unfortunately. πŸ™

However, we just sold our house and are now hunting for a new, bigger one and so I’ve been a bit wrapped up in all that. It’s been incredibly stressful and I must admit that I have not been fasting during this time. I intend to jump back in once the dust is all settled and we’ve found a new home, though. Every possible finger crossed that that happens swiftly – but if anyone knows anything about the Portland real estate market right now…well, it will likely be awhile…

Good luck, LacerX. I don’t know what your needs are, or how familiar you are with the Portland area, but my husband and I were just in Portland on Friday. One of the meetings we had was in Sellwood, which is the SE part of Portland. Anyway, it was really cute and the real estate seemed pretty reasonable (for Portland, at least.)

And we’ll be here when you get back πŸ™‚

Hellooooooo?
    Fast day for me, first in a while. I’m off the steroids, only muscle relaxants so stomach should tolerate fasting. Slow but sure progress getting over the back issue, sleeping much better and other than first thing in the morning, very little discomfort. Still know it’s there but manageable.
    Hope everyone is doing well with their plan.

Hi Fastdiet, I’m here. It was a fast day for me, too. Went just fine. I almost prefer fast days to eat days, now. Hope yours went swimmingly.

Penguin, yep agree about enjoying fast days! Ended up around 475 cals. Was trying to not eat until dinner-made it to around 3:30p so not bad. When / how do you eat on fasting days?

Fastdiet, I follow the same routine every fast day: nothing until 7pm, then a cup of oatmeal cooked with cinnamon and a little maple syrup. Last night I put strawberries in it too. I find that with a little will power, lots of water,tea and maybe a diet coke, I am able to make it to 7 pretty easily. Only a few days I’ve had to eat earlier. And the oatmeal makes it vastly easier for me to sleep.

Weigh in day yesterday. Down 1.6 lbs from last Saturday!! Woohoo!!! So far that is 19 lbs lost in 5 weeks! I can’t believe it! I LOVE this approach, and even find myself looking forward to FD days!

Hi All – Just checking in at the start of another week, FD for me and so far only liquids. I struggled on both FDs last week so determined to do better this week, Weigh in last week was lovely – down to 142 lbs so a loss of 14lbs now! I have a feeling I will have gone up this week but hopefully if I can nail the FDs I will be pleasantly surprised, I still don’t count cals on non FDs and love the freedom I feel – a loot of people have been asking what I have done to lose weight and they are fascinated by this WOL but feel like they couldn’t do it themselves!

My next mini goal is to get to 140lbs before the end of May and to up the exercise so I tone up which may mean the losses are less but that’s fine with me. I have started doing quite a bit of HIIT through an app which I love.

Have a good week all

Hi Janey. It’s not a fast day for me, but a weigh-in day. After a few weeks of steady downward trends, I’m up again this week. It’s so frustrating but I’m trying to take it all in stride. Your loss is great and I’m so looking forward to the point when people ask me about my weight loss!

Completed a good fast day today; planning 3 this week-today, Wed and Fri; gotta get back in the groove after about 10 days off while I was on steroids for my back. Hope everyone is doing good.

And… I’m down again. And… my old pants fit and were almost too big. I love this WOE/L!

Yeah Sanguine – you kept the faith and it paid off! I weigh tomorrow…don’t think I have lost any this week as I have struggled but will remember that it doesn’t always track downwards each week just overall – that’s the aim

Hello, I am from Mass, husband from SF and live in Durham, NC. Any ways, about to start this lifestyle and need to lose about 40 lbs. I definitely need suggestions on what to eat on fasting days. On and I am 49, not yet in menopause but this weight is so hard to get off! Hope this helps!!

Bstrain – I’m from Durham!! Grew up there, living in Oregon now, but my parents are still in Durham. Small world, eh?

So this is just my way of doing things, but I’ve been here for a little while and it’s worked so far: I drink coffee and tea during the day and wait until evening to eat. Come 7:00 or so I have a cup (raw) of oatmeal, cooked in water, with a little maple syrup and cinnamon. Sometimes I add unsweetened frozen fruit while it’s cooking. It fills me up before bedtime.

It took me a little while to get used to going the whole day without eating, but now that I know I can do it, it’s easy-peasy. I love fast days – it’s the eating days that are hell on me.

Good luck and stick around! This is a great community. Here’s my blog if you want to see what I eat from day to day: https://livingthe52life.wordpress.com/

By the way, Bstrain, expect about 40 weeks to lose the 40 pounds. Really, truly. They mean it when they say to expect a pound a week. I thought I was a special snowflake and that I would blow that out of the water, and I did for about the first three weeks. But then reality caught up with me. As long as you can hold on for that long, this will be the easiest diet you’ve ever done.

Thanks sanguinepenguin! Definitely a small world. I am keeping my expectation real about the time frame but just want consistent weekly loss over however long it takes! I am going to check out your blog too!! Gonna prepare this weekend and jump on board Monday. I’m already eating healthy but need to add those fast days in!! Pretty excited about it!

I still find it hard to judge what kind of food to eat on fast days. 600 calories are enough to keep me going et energetic even if i have a good work out. The only thing, I want to stay away from starches and carbo and that restricts the available selection of food

Hi all on day 1 of 3 planned fast days. Lost another 3 lbs. last week after 3 fast days so my total loss is 24 lbs., looking forward the 1 more as I like the milestone numbers, and 25 sounds good!. The week before was vacation so no fast days so I was happy with the dip on the scales.

Finally a week of spring and almost summer weather, so to change up my routine today, I had medium shrimp on spring mix with a non fat Trader Joe’s vinaigrette vs. my normal soups that I have been doing. Tonight maybe fish on the grill with grilled veggies?

Anyone else fasting today?

Hi everyone, today is another FD (I do 3 FD every week), tomorrow is weigh in day. Right now I’m down 23 lbs in 7 weeks!! Woohooo!! This truly is the easiest WOL I have ever done! I almost feel addicted to it! I am regularly losing between 1-3 lbs each week. Usually it’s like 1.5 lbs lost every week. I have about 80-100 lbs more to lose though, so I am definitely in this for the long haul. I just want to encourage any newcomers – just keep it up! Don’t give up! Have a great weekend everyone!

Congrats, eni1001! We’re all int this togetherβ€”thanks for your support!

Weigh in day today:

week 8: 2.6 lbs down since last Saturday. 25 lbs down total!!

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 256 total)

You must be logged in to reply.