Fresh start September 2021 challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Fresh start September 2021 challenge

This topic contains 406 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  jaifaim 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 428 total)

• Day 10 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 221 lbs. So far, this week is looking great! No, I haven’t hit any records, nor hit my record low of 220 this week (last hit on July 18), but I’m inching closer than I have in a while. The last (and only) time I managed to stay under 224 lbs in a week was at the end of May, so if I’m 223 or under tomorrow — it will be a true reset!

My 10-day weight trend average has shifted from 224 lbs at the beginning of the month to 222 lbs in the past three days. Nice.

Oh, I saw the nurse practitioner yesterday rather than the doctor, so there weren’t any comments really about weight. I weighed in at 230 lbs with my dress clothes on, so yes, a full 30 lbs lighter over the previous wellness check. Cholesterol at 175 (LDL was a few points higher than desired, but everything else, including HDL and triglycerides within range). In 2019, it was high at 221; last year, within a few months of doing 5:2, it was 188; and now 175.

Day 10, UK, FD

Yesterday’s NFD wasn’t brilliant:
    •Healthy late breakfast – TICK
    •Healthy dinner – TICK
    •GROSSLY UN-HEALTHY lunch – also tick!!!!!!
    Lunch was 2 packets of crisps, followed by four Almond Slices.
    This was over the period of about three hours, so I managed to keep my insulin levels on max for a whole three hours…. well done me! NOT!!!!!!!!

Anyway, back on the straight-and-narrow today and doing my third & final fast day of this week.

@dvw – Let me know how you get on with the Brain Octane Oil ! Hope it does help your sleep!

@basyjames – I am in the UK, so I get it from a UK reseller of BulletProof products.
    Guessing there will be Oz-based resellers of it too?

So that you can read up on it, here is the original/US site – https://shop.bulletproof.com/collections/brain-octane-oil

@songbirdme
    @bellyblast – Here’s the link to the US site – https://shop.bulletproof.com/collections/brain-octane-oil

I have kind of collated the information on poor sleep and being cold during FDs from various different sources (such as Dr Michael Mosley, Dr Jason Fung et al…)

Nobody jumps into the subjects in depth, so I have had to pick up snippets here and there!

As far as I can work out, if your body is not great at switching from carb-burning to fat-burning, you can experience these symptoms during the period where you’ve run out of stored glycogen, but your body hasn’t quite jumped into fat-burning yet.

As far as I can work out (and you may want to undertake your own research here in case I don’t have the full story) taking supplementary ketones, such as Brain Octane Oil, helps your body find the quickest route into switching into fat-burning. In particular Dr Mercola and Dave Asprey (founder of BulletProof) are big fans of taking Brain Octane Oil to help you switch into (and maintain) ketosis.

I do wonder whether people like me (who have bodies which are slow to jump into a fat-burning state) would benefit from doing longer fasts where the body would have a longer time-period in which to (a) switch into being in a fat-burning state AND (b)remain in a fat-burning state for longer.

Apparently one’s ability to switch into ketosis gets slower as we age….. I’m ‘only’ 50 yoa, so I am a bit disappointed that my body doesn’t switch a bit faster!!!!

Anyway, I couldn’t bear the idea of doing a B2B these days, so I guess I will never find out whether I would benefit, haahaha!!

Pocket list for Friday 🍋:
    @litprof FD800
    @dvw
    @high5

SECOND POST

@northgeorgia – WELL DONE on your triglycerides and your HGL! They’re the important markers anyway. CONGRATS !!!!!! Shows all your hard work is paying off 🙂

Day 10 – Rural Nebraska, USA – ??

A friend has been in the hospital all week; yesterday morning, we realized he was fighting for his life; last night he lost the fight.

Mark and I are heartbroken.

He was driving home from upstate New York last Saturday, started feeling awful, his daughter and SIL drove from Nebraska to meet him, and when they got to Nebraska, she took him straight to the hospital–that was Sunday–and last night he died. Honestly, we think he wasn’t actually fighting for his life, but was missing his wife (who died of cancer four years ago) so badly that he joyfully accepted the situation (the doctors don’t actually know what was the matter) and just waited. And now he’s home with Jesus and is with Kimberly again.

Sorry, I know this isn’t typical forum chatter, but it’s all I can manage at the moment. However, my house is a mess from various projects I have going, so I’m going to get to tidying, and I’ll hopefully shake off the melancholy.

Day 10 North Canton OH FD

I am so sorry for your loss @stitchincarol. My prayers are with you and your family as you process the loss of your dear friend

@northgeorgia congratulations on getting those numbers, they are a testament to all your hard work over the past year

@high5 thank you for the link, I will look into it. I have noticed on extended fasts that the first 24 hours is the most difficult; I am usually lower energy, cold and sleepy during the day and restless at night, then it feels like a switch turns on and I don’t feel quite as cold on subsequent days, and I am also able to sleep deeper and better. So it does track with what you are saying. I will give this a try and see if it helps. I have also noticed that eating half an avocado is very helpful if I am unable to sleep. Sometimes, I do not want to break my fast, so I just get up and start my day very early.

I started the day by listening to the news and the stories about 9/11. It brought the memories of that day crashing back; the horror, and disbelief that I felt as I watched the towers burn, the sense I had that everything had changed. Hug the people you love, and be kind to the people that you meet today, be the change that you want to see in others today.

Love and light.

Day 10 USA – OMAD

So good to hear of successes for several of our peeps here.

@stitchincarol – on my, so sorry to read of the loss of your friend. Yes, broken hearts do really influence health, don’t they. I know you will miss him. Hugs to you.

@funshipfreddie – that OMAD faster YouTube was most interesting. I am doing OMAD in maintenance several days of the week although not as strictly as she did. Also interesting to hear of her other health improvements (eyesight and toenail fungus??!) and it would be amazing to hear of others who have any similar benefits.

Onward and downward.

Day 10 Minnesota FD

@stitchincarol – I’m so very sorry to hear of your friend’s passing. What a sad story. As @basyjames said, “hug the people you love and be kind to the people you meet….” because life can change so quickly. I’ll keep you and your DH in my thoughts and prayers.

Congratulations to everyone who find themselves accomplishing their goals this month: it is very motivating for all of the rest of us.

@funshipfreddie – Thanks for the interesting links over the past month. I’ve finally read/watched most of them. Very helpful and renews my resolve.

Have a good day everyone!

Day 10 Canada NFD

A great FD yesterday, I am feeling like I am back in the swing of things after a long break! 6 more FD’s for me this month so lots more work to be done and weight to be dispatched.

@babs_b I am so sorry you are in pain and hope that the emergency consult gives you relief
    @funshipfreddie well done on the weight front and Yay yay it’s Friday
    @dvw those macaroons sound dangerous
    @high5 thanks for the link, I will take a look
    @stitchincarol I am so sorry you have lost your dear friend

Day 10 – Ireland – NFD

Hi all, home to look after mum for the weekend.. I’ll try to get out and about for some nice short walks and catch up with pals.
    @stitchincarol I am so very very sorry for your loss. That is terribly sad for you and your family.
    Sending hugs to you 💕and yes as @basyjames says we should hug those close to us. In the blink of an eye everything can change. 😢

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 11 AUS FD800

@songbirdme thanks for your kind thoughts! We’re just north of the Gold Coast, in Brissie, so not in lockdown at the moment, but anticipating a return given the situation south of us.

@stitchincarol deepest condolences on your loss, I’m so sorry to hear that. Sending love and strength to you and your family/close circle.

@babs_b and @daffodil2010 prolapsed discs and gout both sound excruciating. I am impressed by the way you are both tackling such debilitating conditions, and hope you both get some relief soon.

After my sulky response to the recalcitrant scales yesterday, they dropped 0.8k overnight, giving me a 1.3k loss for the 5 days of FD800, so I’ll take that! It’s going to be a hot weekend here, so I’m going to ZBC it and continue the FD800 days over the weekend. The recent lockdown led to a lot of depressed baking last month, so I’m needing a health reset.

Day 11, U.K. – NFD

Today I am hovering at 0.2 lb above my (former) goal weight. So it is time to conclude that it was definitely not a fluke, particularly given that my clothes are now concurring with the scales!

That also means that I have to get on with focusing on achieving my new goal weight! Which means that I have a further 2.2 lb in weight to lose!

Looking back at my stats for 2021, I am beginning to realise that I have steadily lost 0.25 LB per week since February.
    Somewhat glacial! But steady!!

As for my sleep experiment, it has so far been a 100% success! Hooray!! The Brain Octane Oil is really helping, not only with sleep, but also with helping me through that mid/late afternoon energy slump & hunger peak that I get on Fast Days. And this is just using one teaspoon! That’s all!

@basyjames – Echoing your sentiments on 911. The news had me in tears yesterday going back 20 years ago.

@stirchincarol – I was so sorry to read this, sending hugs to you

@litprof – So glad that you are now seeing the evidence of all of your hard work on the scales!

@basyjames – So glad to read that your experience matches up! 🙂 Yes the half avocado thing would fit with Dr mercola’s approach – he is a big fan of eating something high in good fat to help get you into ketosis.

Happy weekend everyone xx

Day 11 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@stitchincarol – so sorry to hear of your sad loss 🤗

I’m also in disbelief at how it can be 20 years since the 9/11 terrorist attacks?! I remember it as if it was last week – as I’m sure most people do – seeing those horrific images on the news.

It sounds like a few people are getting their mojo back & making progress this month?!
    @northgeorgia – great numbers from your wellness check, & you’re so close to smashing that record low! 💪

Have a good weekend everyone ⛅️🌈

Day 11 – Canada 🇨🇦 – NFD

@stitchincarol – condolences on your loss.

Stay strong all. 🙂

Day 11 Melb Aust NFD

Weigh-in this morning, 1.2 kg loss since the start of the month, which is pleasing.

@litprof, I’m cheering your sudden 0.8 kg weight drop. Well done you!

@babs_b, sorry to hear of your back problems. Hope the pain settles quickly for you.

@stitchincarol, my sympathies on the loss of your friend, going so suddenly. Even though you know where he’s gone, it’s still a loss to those left behind.

@northgeorgia, good news with your lipids. It would have been interesting to hear the doctor’s comments, but…. there’s always next year, when the results will be even better.

My sympathies to our American “forum-ites”. Even here in Australia, there’s been a lot of remembrances being shared re 9/11.

Onward and downwards, everyone!

Day 11 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD500/800

Thanks, everyone, for the kind words about the loss of our friend. The warmth of your condolences brought tears to my eyes; I’m blessed by all of you. 🤗

DH and I went out to dinner last night to a new Italian restaurant we’ve been wanting to try. The food was excellent and the ambiance lovely, but Italian is clearly not at all Keto- or HFLC-friendly, so the scales popped up this morning. But from a low yesterday of 145.0 to this morning’s 147.2 is not awful, and with my plan to eat very little today (mostly if not all at supper), I will hopefully offset yesterday and help offset tomorrow’s dinner party which also has more carbs than I’d like…but a non-carb dinner party just seems like an oxymoron to me, right?? 🤔 The thing that surprises me the most? I’m rather miserable with all those carbs in me. They also didn’t taste hugely wonderful going down. Well, the bread did 😋; the pasta, not particularly. And now? My gut feels bloated and I’m so aware of “stuff in me.” That was sure an encouragement to stick to HFLC!

@litprof Huge frustration that the scale is not responding to your discipline! Just don’t give up: “A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but because of its persistence.” You’ve got this. —-And now I read that the scales finally responded! YAY!!

@daffodil2010 GAH!!! I didn’t realize that the gout diagnosis was in ADDITION to plantar fasciitis, but thought it was instead. You have BOTH??? You poor, poor thing. Hopefully the healing is fast and complete. But, for the record, my PF lasted an entire year…

@funshipfreddie Interesting video, thanks for the link. SOOO many variations to this IF lifestyle!

@northgeorgia Wonderful numbers at your appointment!

@high5 Fascinating info on BulletProof; thanks for sharing

Twenty years ago at this moment, I was blissfully unaware of what the day would hold. By the end of the day I was numb with horror, shock, fury, heartache…you name it. Prayers for all the survivors…

The house still isn’t spotless, but I’ve been working on refinishing the very top of our dining room table (so far, I’m still at the sanding stage, and that’s taking forever), so that took a couple hours yesterday morning. Plus, I’m putting out fall decorations at the same time, and that just takes a long time somehow. And on top of that, our dishwasher decided not to drain, and the water remaining made the whole house stink, so DH had to make like a plumber yesterday. It’s not fixed, but at least the stink is gone, so we’ll just handwash dishes for now. And, I’m planning to use my antique china tomorrow which needs handwashing anyway, so it’s no huge change.

So, off I go to conquer my to-do list! Have a good one, everyone!

Day 11 USA 🇺🇸 Remembering 20 years ago

Yes, it is hard to believe it’s been 20 years – so many memories flood back. Our son was at a temp assignment in Manhattan that day, and I really didn’t think he was close to the World Trade Center, but I was very relieved when we did get word that he was safe. On his way to work, he saw the smoke from the 1st plane, heard what had happened, and went on to his assignment. He then saw the 2nd plane come past the mid-town building he was in. New York would never be the same. Son-in-law had to get a rental vehicle to drive home from a business trip in Colorado back to Illinois. Minor inconveniences in the scheme of things, but how we remember…. I told my students at school they would always remember this day (as we did the Kennedy assassination, landing on the moon, etc.). Please forgive me waxing nostalgic.

@high5 – meant to thank you for the brain octane oil link and information. I will have to check it out, but must admit your comment that things don’t adapt as well as we age. Hmm, here I am at a young 73… is there hope for me?

@babs_b – oh wow, disc and back issues run in our family. One daughter and son have had surgeries to alleviate some symptoms. Both are doing better, but those things just don’t seem to g away. Hugs to you and prayers for healing.

Onward and downward.

Day 11 UK CD

Hello! I’m returning to the waggon after three months away with health issues.

I’ve sadly put back what I’d lost – a combination of medication, reduced activity and eating too much. But beginning to feel more human which means it’s time to take action. I’ll start back here on Monday with a FD, and looking forward to catching up with you all.

Stating intent and making plans are the beginning of change

xx

Day 11 – Ireland – NFD

Today would have been my parents 60th wedding anniversary … I remember so clearly the day of their 40th anniversary and party when we saw the scenes from New York on the television as we prepared to travel home for the party. We were terribly worried for relatives in New York at that time. The party went ahead and we did have a great night but we were all pretty shocked and numb looking back now… and how that day changed our world 🌎

Mum doesn’t realise the date but she has been known to surprise us so I’m ready for anything. 💕

Hoping you all have a lovely day.

Onward and downward ⬇️

Welcome back @michelinme! Great to see you back… 👍

Day 11 – USA/GA – NFD

@stitchincarol My condolences on your loss. Prayers and hugs to you and your family. Your Italian restaurant adventure comforts me because I lost the plot yesterday with leftovers: a hotdog with macaroni and fries from Labor Day, and a Captain D’s platter of fish, fries, hush puppies, and okra. I knew better than that. Like you, my body this morning felt the heavy bloating from the carbs, pushing the scales to 224 before finally settling back at 223 after my ZBC. I’m not trying to avoid every single carb and sugar, but I am attempting to greatly reduce the stuff to one meal with plenty of veggies, fiber, fats and protein. Yesterday was a double or triple whammy of carbs with little else! Lesson learned!

Still, great news! This is the only second time (the other time at the end of May) where I have weighed in under 224 all week, so Fung’s concepts are working for me, even though I’m just dipping my toe in the water. My weekly weight average is down about 2 lbs from last week! I skipped the bananas this week, bought cauliflower, lettuce, cucumbers, and a bell pepper in addition to my usual green onions, cilantro, and grapes. Also bought extra cheese, eggs, and raw meat. Aww, the store was out of Brazil nuts 🙁

Here’s to a more mindful NFD!

Day 11 – Lake District UK – NFD

Hello everyone, we’re back !

Hope everyone’s ok.

A fabulous few days of R&R, didn’t realise how tired we were!
    Set off Monday and had a FD, found a lovely seafood restaurant en route to our destination, no wine as I still had a bit of a drive. Arrived safe and sound, but couldn’t be bothered to go out for an evening stroll, but an easy FD.
    It brought it home how tired we were, got up Tuesday morning and we’d both had 10 hours solid sleep! Not only that did the same the next 2 nights, but had been out and overdosed on fresh air!
    Will leave the scales alone for a day or two, Thursdays FD was a non starter, well, did OK until breakfast 😉

So back to it, need to be good for the next four weeks, then we’re off again.

Gardening jobs today, desperate for rain, never seen the ground so dry.

Take care all

Day 11 OMAD London
    Actually I’d better alter my sign on. I’m rethinking everything. I like OMAD and I think it suits me in one way. I’m unlikely to ever want breakfast, but with OMAD I found I was overeating in my eating window, bearing in mind I don’t count calories. So I’ve decided to try to listen to my body more, ignore hunger pangs for a bit to see if they disappear, and eat a little bit of something before I stuff my face. We, and I’m off to Sicily for seven weeks. HELP!!!

DAY 11 NFD UK
    Just got back from the New Forest this evening. A very relaxing week. Have been doing TRE whilst away but will weigh myself tomorrow and see how its been. DH is away next week for three days which will give me a good opportunity to do a couple of FD.I have been catching up on some posts as WiFi has not been great and
    @stichincarol So very sorry for your loss. What a shock for you with it happening all so suddenly.
    @michelinme Good luck with your new start.
    @babs_b Joint pain is so exhausting. Hope you get some relief soon.

Day 11 – UK – NFD

@stitchincarol – I’m so sorry for your loss, that must’ve been such a shock. Pleased you had some time out with your DH, though not so nice re how the carbs made you feel!

@michelinme – good to have you here & in for a fresh start on Monday!

@funshipfreddie thanks for the Youtube link, I’ve never done OMAD for any sustained amount of time but that’s made me consider it. I pretty much always stick with a 16:8 schedule which keeps me in maintenance but never get a loss with it, so perhaps a 20:4 might be a winner…!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes re the dodgy joints & discs. Things are ok, I’m just taking it very carefully which is frustrating because I’ve been desperate to up my activity levels (I’m not good at sitting still / resting!). I’ve been on pain management programmes before and have learned the importance of pacing up activity so that’s the plan now – baby steps (quite literally!).

Today has felt very reflective with the memorials to 9/11 on TV and in the media. I remember watching the events unfolding on the news here in the UK in complete disbelief – I can’t believe it’s been 20 years.

Wishing everyone a gentle weekend

Day 12 – Lake District UK – FD

Good morning everyone

Unusually for us we watched the ladies Tennis final last night, very entertaining stuff, not all about just power as the gents game seems to be these days.

Having a FD today, feeling a bit bloated and lethargic so an easy day with a steady amble and gut the lawns. Started the FD with a coffee, will have fruit and yoghurt lunch and something very light this evening.

Think todays pocket list might be a small one 🙂

Day 12 pocket list
    I-hate-lettuce

Day 12 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Welcome back @michelinme, @i-hate-lettuce & @caoimhe

A very quiet Sunday here?! 👀

@babs_b – I only follow OMAD on FDs. I never eat breakfast, but I enjoy having lunch out, & I think I’d feel too deprived to stick to one meal indefinitely. Although I’d definitely give it a shot for a while if I was trying to get over a plateau. Go for it!

I’ve got a birthday lunch to attend this afternoon, but there will be no alcohol for me (driving) & I’m determined to be on my best behaviour.

Happy S🌞nday all!

Day 12 Melb Aust NFD

Well, didn’t indulge too much at the weekend (yay me!) and think I’ll see if I can cope with a real FD tomorrow (pending a change of mind 🙂 ).

@michelinme, good to see you back. I’ve only really come back this month, after about 3 months of putting my name down at the start of the month, then mostly silence, so we’re in the same boat. I started this month at about where I was at when I first started 5:2 in November 2019, having had two yo-yos down and up again in the interim. Really can’t afford that any more. I’ll cheer you on if you cheer me on, okay??!

@stitchincarol, it’s a real surprise, isn’t it, when you can see clearly what stodgy carbs are doing to the body.

@i hate lettuce & @emma Taylor, lucky you, to be able to travel so freely. Here in Australia, we started vaccinating later than most other places, so there are still lots of restrictions on what people are allowed to do, and travelling overseas for pleasure isn’t on the list of permitted activities (yet). Enjoy your jaunts.

@northgeorgia, great to stay below 224 for a whole week. It will be even better when you stay below 220 for a whole week – and it will come. All good things come to those who wait! 🙂

Onward and downwards we go!

Day 12 – UK – NFD

@betsylee well done! You’ll definitely manage a FD tomorrow I’m sure. 🙂

@funshipfreddie – I’m with you on that, OMAD every day feels so out of reach for me, even though I almost always skip breakfast. Maybe I should think about it a bit more to get me out of this plateau.

@i-hate-lettuce – Good work on the Sunday FD. Your break sounds lovely – which part of Scotland did you visit?

I had a good night’s sleep last night, woke up feeling pretty refreshed for the first time in a while so went out for a gentle walk this morning. I’ve spent most of this morning pottering about indoors, mainly decluttering! I’m taking it a bit slower than usual but am working with my pain management program firmly in my head & pacing my activity levels.

I was in the ZBC until just now, and have broken my 15hr fast with a tuna & avocado salad I just made, served on romaine lettuce leaves. We did a quick food shop yesterday afternoon which was unplanned so I’m just going to spend some time now planning out what meals I’ll be cooking on which days to tie in well with the FDs.

Just starting 5:2. 3st at least to lose. First fast day went really well so fingers crossed this is the WOL for me!

Day 12 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 222 lbs.

Had a fried egg, bacon, a few almonds and sunflower seeds, an apple, and yeah a couple of slices of bread with hummus this morning. Then went into cleaning the house and scanning old family photos. Looking forward to tomorrow’s FD!

First time in a little over a month to weigh in at 222 on a Sunday. Good luck everyone!

Day 12 Canada NFD

Goal from here on is to not graze constantly on NFD’s, meals only!
    Off to my yoga mat with Andrea Marcum, her you tube classes are such a workout.

Happy Sunday!

Day 12 UK NFD
    DS and family here for the day plus DD and all three GS. We all went to the local pub for lunch as only back from holiday last night and no time to shop. Had fish whilst the others all had a full roast except DH who is vegetarian. He had a rather delicious looking Vegetable Wellington. I was fine with my fish – the hardest part was seeing them all with their desserts but I know that one sweet thing in my mouth and then I am craving something sweet for the rest of the day. Was pleased to see at weigh in this morning that I had lost just over a pound this week whilst away and doing no FDs. My aim is to lose another 5lbs to get to target but most importantly I want to get into those dresses sitting in my wardrobe!!!
    Like other posts it does seem incredible to think that 9/11 was 20 years ago. It still moves me to tears.
    Have a good week everyone.
    @brendam58 Well done on your first FD
    @babs_b Getting a good nights sleep makes all the difference to the day
    @funshipfreddie Hope you enjoyed the Birthday lunch,

Day 13 AUS FD800

Yesterday was not an FD but did involve some lovely socialising!

Back into another week of FD800s here, and now 1.7k from goal weight! Hoping the .7 will disappear this week.

Good luck, fellow fasters!

Day 12 USA – CD

Made today into a 1000 calorie day. Happy for that.

@brendam58 – You’re already making great strides in the right direction Yeah for you for finding this very supportive body to stand with you. Try to get here every day especially while you are still losing or not!

@michelinme – so happy you’re back with us! We will be here for you.

Onward and downward.

Day 13, U.K.- FD

Quick check-in

Good luck today to anyone Who is fasting

Day 13 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Pleased to report that I start this week at a lower weight than last Monday and not gaining anything over the weekend. The 80:20 plant based diet and the temporary cutting out of high oestrogen foods such as chicken and dairy really seems to be working.

AT LAST! Not going to start doing victory dances just yet but it’s so good to see the numbers dropping rather than staying the same or rising ☺️

I met DH’s mum yesterday!! Well, it was a WhatsApp video call, but it was so lovely to meet her and see that big grin of hers reflected in DH’s own big grin. Happy days.

Have a lovely Monday, usually a big fasting day. Welcome back @michelinme, I missed you !! Hope you are well.

Day 13 – Lake District UK – FD

Good morning everyone

Sunday was a weird day for a FD, went OK’ish’ was fairly busy with jobs to do, but didn’t feel right for some strange reason. Certainly stayed around 6-800 calories for the day, but was rather lethargic. So plan for a concentrated FD today and make sure it’s a proper job today and drink plenty of water!

@babs_b – We were just over the border in Dumfries and Galloway, quite hand to get to for us and a very nice part of the world, much quieter than here in the Lake District, a lot less traffic!

Take care all

Pocket list day 13

@litprof
    @high5
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce

@songbirdme thanks so much for that. FD today for me fingers crossed it goes as well as the 1st 😃

Day 13 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

Giving myself a pat on the back this morning, after a very sensible weekend. The birthday lunch was very tame; I think I was the youngest one there by a couple of decades. In years anyway, but there were a couple of inspirational & very spritely octogenarians, with a joint age of 170 & neither of them on any medication.

brendam58 – welcome to the forum! Popping you on the list of today’s fasters; which is simply to encourage & support each other on a fast day.

Pocket list – Day 13

@litprof
    @high5
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brendam58
    @funshipfreddie

Cheers @funshipfreddie! Glad to have the support and happy to be support if I can. 🙂

Day 13 – UK – FD

@brendam58 – a warm welcome to you! I echo what @songbirdme has said, check in every day whether it’s been a ‘good day’ or not.

@funshipfreddie – good work on the controlled weekend. What’s the Octogenarians’s secrets?!

@i-hate-lettuce – Dumfries & Galloway is one area I’ve not been to up there yet. My family are more central / eastern nearer Stirling & Fife so have seen more of those places, I’ll have to venture a bit further south & west next time! I bet it’s been packed in the Lake District, there were two programmes on back to back on the BBC last night featuring the Lakes, it’s such a beautiful part of the country.

@daffodil2010 – How amazing you got to meet DH’s mum on screen!! Did you notice any similarities in mannerisms between the family? I almost find those more surprising than similar facial features / looking alike.

As for me, I’ve eaten what I’ve wanted this weekend and although I’ve not eaten perfectly healthy foods, I have definitely noticed the amount I’ve eaten has hugely reduced. I spent Fri with my friend and she cooked a lovely pasta dish – I couldn’t finish it and we didn’t have any dessert either. We did drink wine so was hardly a saintly evening but still.

Saturday was ok and I skipped a ‘proper’ dinner yesterday evening too because I had eaten a bit more than anticipated in the afternoon and wasn’t hungry. Only having a light dinner is something I wouldn’t have normally done especially on a Sunday, but I just didn’t fancy a full meal so went with it rather than eating for the sake of it. Also, no snacking in the evening after.

Today is a FD. I’m aiming for 2 good days this week!

Have a great day, all 🙂

Pocket list – Day 13

@litprof
    @high5
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brendam58
    @funshipfreddie
    @babs_b

Day 13 – USA/GA – FD

Pocket list – Day 13

Weigh-in: 223 lbs. Started out at 224 this morning, but it did settle to 223 within the half-hour LOL Well, I ended up grazing throughout the day instead of sticking to meal times. My mom was making chicken salad, so there was a taste test, a go make a sandwich after refrigerating, “we brought lunch home,” and the meals. No snacking, but one of those weird situations that sometimes happens over the weekend. Also a few more carbs than normal.

Glad to be back on a FD today and looking forward to a good week keeping the losses realized last week or maybe even a light additional loss this week (fingers crossed).

Pocket list – Day 13
    @litprof
    @high5
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brendam58
    @funshipfreddie
    @babs_b
    @northgeorgia

Day 13 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD500…WHEW!! 😂

When I posted on Saturday, I didn’t mention the Nebraska Cornhuskers were playing that afternoon, but they did, and they played well, and they won. And I got lots of organ practicing and music tidying done at church. And the house finally got tidied, and the table got set (that took two hours!) and the fall decorations got put out (another two hours!!) and all the prep work I needed to do for Sunday’s dinner party got completed, Saturday’s supper was very reasonable and minimal (don’t actually remember what it was, LOL) and I went to bed a very tired and content hostess. Sunday went wonderfully, our guests loved the food (although I could have left out all wine and not a one of them would have missed it…so odd to this wine-loving woman!) and I again went to bed a tired and content hostess.

This morning, after the carbs of the Italian restaurant on Friday and the carbs of last night’s dinner, even though I’m actually starving this morning (unusual for me, but certainly the result of all those carbs last night), I’m so excited to have zero carbs today and get back to feeling good. I’m fascinated to FEEL how carbs affect my body; it’s not a pleasant feeling and makes HFLC even easier to embrace and follow.

The scale rose steadily all weekend, so from 145.0 on Friday morning I went to 148.8 this morning. But I know it’s all that undigested food inside me, and all those carbs making their presence known by affecting my digestive speed and process, so I’ll just stay the course and start dropping again.

@northgeorgia So did all your carbs last Friday make you feel as awful as they made me feel? Who knew this carb-loving girl could so quickly morph into a carb-avoiding-at-all-costs girl? Back in July I had two candy bars in one day. Actually, in one hour. I pretty much NEVER bought and ate candy bars over the years, figuring I would far rather waste calories on a great beer or a home made dessert or an extravagant dinner, and now I’m thinking those may have been my last candy bars ever. Sure glad I enjoyed them that morning! 😂😂😂😂

@i-hate-lettuce So glad your getaway was so lovely–and clearly needed that you both slept for ten hours the first two nights! Lovely!

@michelinme Welcome back! So sympathetic to health problems; hope you’re on the road to restored health with no bumps to slow you down!

@emma-taylor Have you ever read The Obesity Code by Dr. Jason Fung? Perhaps that will give you the little insight you need to make a tiny change that makes a big difference for you? When do you leave for Sicily? Sounds like a delightful adventure!

@caoimhe Welcome back from New Forest; I had to look it up, and it looks absolutely lovely! And WELL DONE on limiting your food at the pub, and being down a pound after your week away!!

@babs_b So glad you’re feeling a bit better, if frustrated to be forced to go slowly. All in time, hopefully! And your report of how you’re naturally eating less these days? That’s exactly how this program is supposed to affect us, so how lovely that you’re experiencing that!

@brendam58 Welcome to our group; you’ll find lots of encouragement here, so check in every day to let us cheer you on! When is your second fast day?

@bellyblast Thanks for mentioning Andrea Markum’s yoga classes; I keep searching for something I’ll stick to (sadly, I seem to have lost my interest in walking with Leslie), so I’ll look into her later.

@daffodil2010 How exciting to finally see the scale moving down! I hope it continues to move for you!!!

I refused all help last night of help washing up, and started washing this morning when I got up. All the china is washed and it’s dry now, so I’ll go put it away and finish up the rest of the dishes. We think perhaps the problem with the dishwasher is actually a problem of the sink itself draining slowly; hopefully it can get resolved quickly because I want my dishwasher back.

Our friend’s funeral is tomorrow, and then I drive into Omaha for my eight piano lessons…I keep getting contacted for more, but have truly reached my limit on Tuesdays, LOL! Wednesday will be a day of preparation because Thursday we leave for Colorado for the weekend. So it’ll be busy the first part of this week, and then it’ll be a lovely break.

Have a grand day, everyone!

Pocket list – Day 13
    @litprof
    @high5
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brendam58
    @funshipfreddie
    @babs_b
    @northgeorgia
    @stitchincarol

Day 13 Minnesota FD

Quick check in before heading off for errands and then a 5K walk with a friend. We had a productive weekend in the back garden and a lovely time with family yesterday. I did have quite a few carbs but feel okay about those infrequent indulgences. Life is to be lived and enjoyed.

Pocket list – Day 13
    @litprof
    @high5
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brendam58
    @funshipfreddie
    @babs_b
    @northgeorgia
    @stitchincarol
    @northerndawn

Day 13 North Canton OH FD

Hello everyone, I did my usual disappearing act over the weekend and as usual it feels great to check in again on a Monday morning.

So the extended water fast last week did what I expected and I lost the 3 pounds needed to get to my pre-vacation weight. I intend to continue ADF for now, not necessarily to lose weight but because this is an intake routine that I am comfortable with for now.

@ stitchincarol and @northgeorgia It is so crazy what a hit to the system carbs are! I remember the first time I tried LCHF and then had some carbs, it was like night and day with regards to well being. At the time, I promised myself that I would never eat a high carb diet. Since then I have given into temptation many times and I always regret it because of how terrible I feel after. I also get awful headaches when I overindulge in refined carbs- so why do I do it? Don’t know.
    Everything is ok in moderation though, like @northerndawn said life is to be enjoyed and I love a warm fluffy roll

@daffodil2010 congratulations on your progress, hopefully this will be the first of many wins for you

@brendam58 welcome to the group, may the fast be with you

@i hate lettuce welcome back from your getaway

@funshipfreddie I also want to know if the octogenarians spilled any secrets that you can share?

Enjoy your day everyone and happy fasting

Pocket list – Day 13
    @litprof
    @high5
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brendam58
    @funshipfreddie
    @babs_b
    @northgeorgia
    @stitchincarol
    @northerndawn

Day 13 Canada NFD

I was pleasantly surprised by my scales this morning with a slight drop over the weekend, I did seem to eat a lot so will happily accept the number:)

Have a lengthy to do list for work this morning and will check back and read everyones posts during the day.

See you tomorrow!

Day 13 – Ireland – FD

Back to my house and to work early this morning. Always a little tired coming back from mum’s but a good FD had.
    Not much point going on the list now but will be back for another FD later in the week 💪

Hope you all had a lovely day.

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 14 AUS FD800

Oops, I have to retrospectively take myself off yesterday’s pocket list. I had a weird dizzy, blurry vision spell, and had a snack, which seemed to trigger an after dinner chocolate incident.

Today’s scales reflect that, but I am still down 1.5k from the start of the month, and it was 1.8 yesterday, so onwards and downwards.

Today is super busy, so hopefully no time to think about eating. Looks like lots of us have found renewed resolve this month. Here it is spring energy, I think.

Day 14 OMAD London

@stitchincarol – I have read The Obesity Code a couple of times, and I’m glad you reminded me. I’ll reread it and see if I can get back into the right frame of mind to sort myself out. I just feel a bit at sea. I’ve started drinking alcohol again, not much but it does make a difference. And I’ve had a rotten cold so I’ve been ‘feeding a cold’ which I think may have helped get rid of it, but I feel podgy. Bleurgh. We got to Sicily on Thursdays which my sister pointed out was my wedding anniversary. Both DH and I had forgotten. How bad is that? Thirty two years this year. Crikey.

Day 14 UK FD
    So, house to myself for the next few days and will be quite busy as have various jobs to do plus meeting up with a friend I have not seen for a while. Am also collecting DGS from school tonight which is a painful journey as the road is being dug up at the moment which means a long tail back of traffic. Anyway all set for my FD and being busy will help I am sure. Off out now with the dog who is sitting next to me expectantly.
    Have a good day everyone.

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 428 total)

You must be logged in to reply.