First Week Back 4lbs Lighter

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body General health
First Week Back 4lbs Lighter

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  PreciousBooBoo 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Back in July I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. Before that I had been following the fast diet for about 2 months and lost 9lbs.

When I was diagnosed I had mentioned to my doctor, the sister etc about the fast diet, my doctors approach was follow the 80:20 rule, be good 80% of the time and treat yourself 20% of the time.

The sister seemed horrified when I asked her as it meant eating only 500 cals on fast days and it would effect my blood sugar, blah blah, it wasn’t a good idea, need regular meals etc etc.

Anyway, I started to eat more normal and regular meals. In the two months I have been doing this I have only managed to maintain my weight, despite eating low fat, low sugar meals. (I do admit I have a problem avoiding carbs)

I’m not on any medication at the moment and trying to control it with diet and exercise, so this week I have gone back to the fast diet. My outlook is it worked before I was diagnosed and I would have been diabetic when I was doing it before and I didn’t have a problem with it then.

Oh and one more thing, my weigh day is today (Saturday) I have lost 4lbs after my first week.

You obviously know what works for you! Well done in losing the 4lbs.
    I watched a programme on the tv this morning (I hardly ever watch the telly so this was fate)about fasting from a medical point of view. Nothing to do with weightloss but a lot to do with all the other health benefits that fasting can bring. This was fasting over many days mind you but, it seems, it’s all good! Not a lot of funding goes into studies of fasting though because nobody’s going to make any money out of it at the end!!!

Hi saralou72

By all accounts; you are probably improving your health from a diabetic standpoint. So if you are having blood tests taken periodically to check your diabetic picture; then they stand a good chance to have improved next time.

Way to go on the 4lbs aswell!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.