first fasting day

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  fasting_me 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Sunday night I was overwhelmed thinking about only consuming 500 calories on Monday, I didn’t think I would be able to do it. I decided on 3 protein shakes instead of food it just seemed easier and then the chewing sensation wouldn’t leave me wanting more.
    It was a lot easier than I thought it would be, I hope it is always that easy and that this was not beginners luck. The worst part of the day is when I got home and sat down with my last protein shake and my 12 year old brings me a plate of pizza, I was like omg no get it away lol. I told them to leave me a piece so I could have it on Tuesday.
    I then began thinking of everything I was going to eat on Tuesday. I planned on making an egg and English muffin sandwich before I worked out Tuesday morning, well I got up late I slept better last night then I had in years, so I got up had a coffee and worked out I thought I would be sluggish, not at all I was upset when I had to turn off the dvd and go to work. I didn’t even have time to shower just brushed my hair reapplied deodorant and to work I came.
    I grabbed a yogurt on the way out the door and I had a handful of chocolate chips that I threw in my yogurt. I didn’t finish my yogurt. I’m still not hungry it is almost 4pm I have a piece of pizza in the fridge here at work, I thought I would be so hungry today and eat everything in sight but I’m not. I even bought a cupcake from a gourmet cupcake store, I walked to the store and back but I never did eat it. It is in the fridge with the pizza.

Hi Melanie.. I’m just got through my first day and was looking for recent first day encounters. Well I guess yours isn’t soo recent. How are you holding up? I’m mentally sooooo determined to make sure I keep at this so hope it lasts

Hi, melanie!
    Hi, MizT!
    You have been doing this since November/December and I wondered how it was going for you?
    Keep us posted.

Hi
    My first day too, I might be mad but I am going to try ‘reverse 5:2’, that is diet from 18:00hrs on Sunday to 11:00hrs the following Friday, effectively 5 days at 500 (plus coffee with skimmed milk) and 2 days eating as, when and what Ii fancy !
    I have tried various diets over the years and none are fun😐. I have worked a ‘loose’ version of the above ‘reverse’ for 3 months and have lost just under 2 stone – surprisingly, after the first 2 weeks and starting to see results the whole diet became much easier to follow. The key (in my view) is to eat calories which have benefits i.e. protein and take supplements – I know some would disagree, claiming I could damage my body but given the crap (and volume) I was taking in before hand, what harm can it do – I make sure that all my dietary needs are met and am now approaching my ideal BMI, thanks for listening 😀

Hey there, Kevin. Mind you don’t lose weight too fast [no pun]. The benefit of slow, gradual weight loss is 2-fold: 1] you lose fat slowly enough that the skin can keep up with it. Terribly sudden weight loss leaves people with rolls of skin. 2] you develop sustainable ways to eat. Your are right: ‘dieting is not fun.’ Fasting has to become a Way of Life for you to keep it up for life. Hope this doesn’t sound like an attack on your unique approach, just offering some cautions.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.