First Faster!

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Tanychu 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Hello all!!!
    I recently bought and read the Fast Diet book. It inspired me to start sooner rather than later. So yesterday I decided to start my first Fast day today. I chose to go with the poached egg and smoked salmon for breakfast and the thai salad for dinner. I had breakfast at 6:30am and it went great and I spent the whole day filling myself up with water. I managed to spend the whole 12 hours without eating and for someone who has really bad self control I am quite proud of myself for being able to show some self restraint! Still, I was really looking forward to having my dinner especially since I wouldn’t have to cook as I did that the night before. I have to say that I was really dissapointed with the taste and did not enjoy it at all!! It’s just me though, the smell of the fish sauce was really off putting and I did not enjoy the taste. Because of that I did not eat the whole portion and unfortunately I quickly made myself a SMALL crunchy salad with a few more prawns from the thai salad recipie and a teaspoon of Ceaser Salad. I quickly drank a glass full of water but as we speak I can still feel a bit of a rumble in my tummy… I thought I was doing so well and now feel that all that efort I made during the day has been for nothing =(
    Any words of support from anyone? Has anyone felt the same way or has had the same situation happen to them? All replies are welcome!!!

Similar thing happened to me last week. Prawns tasted awful. Hubby thought they were mine, ended up eith them all, I just had salad, felt robbed.

But dont give up, drink eater, perhsps a small hot milk at bedtime, go to bed eith a good book, or watch a movie.

Dont eat, day is nearly over, this is the hard one. Let your tummy rumble. It won’t happen often, most food will taste better than it does now.

And its only one day!!!!!

good luck, let us know how you did tomorrow

Thank you for the kind words milena! Haven’t eaten anything since my small salad. I thought it wouldn’t be too bad since I only ate half of the thai salad so I was hoping that if I had the salad it would make up for the rest. Looking forward for my normal day tomorrow but have to say I’m also looking forward to my next fast day which is Saturday! Decided to go for a Weds Sat pattern as I’m always off on either one of those days and will find it easier to distract myself at home. Might have to pick another recipie for dinner tho, don’t think I became a fan of the Thai salad. Tummy still rumbling so I think I might call it a night. Thought I might say, since it’s my first day, that I’m starting my journey with 75kg. I put 78kg by mistake on my profile…
    SO! Weight: 75kg.
    Fast day 1: better than I thought!
    Energy: not as weak as I thought!
    Tanychu out!
    Goodnight milena! X

Tanychu, the first day is always the hardest; you will find your second day easier, and your subsequent fast days easier still. I started at the beginning of April and now it is hardly a challenge at all.

I’m at the beginning of my Thursday fast, as I type it is Wednesday at 22:08 and I won’t be consuming anything but water until Friday morning at 6:30. On Thursday’s I subscribe to the ‘it is easier not to eat’ plan.

Phil a liquids only day! brilliant. I do that every week, well apart from a brazil nut with my morning black coffee, but I regard that as more medicinal rather than food.

Tanychu tummy rumbles soon pass, just ignore them. It is hard at first but gets easier, you will soon be looking forward to all your fast days. You don’t need recipes. You could skip the evening meal altogether or maybe have a small tuna salad, or a poached egg on a bed of spinach, something like that.

Good luck!

Thank you PhilPlasma and Applepie for reading and commenting on my post!
    I think I might start posting here every day if I can and keep it as sort of a diary that talks back to me hehe!
    It’s great getting inspiration and feedback from other people, makes everything so much easier.
    So today is my first normal day and so far I’ve had an apple, kiwi and pineapple drink with some grapes and cashew nuts.
    I found it funny how I walked past 2 Starbucks on the way to work and not once did I get the temptation to grab a chat latte like I used to.
    Will be having salmon sashimi for lunch and maybe a poached egg for dinner.
    I know I can treat myself but I guess it’s ok if I don’t feel like it?

Of course it is ok! And it’s better not to look on carbs or sugar as treats. Sugar especially is poison. Try to watch the documentary film “Fed Up” that should turn you against sugar. Did you make your drink yourself? If not I would check the sugar content.

You are doing well, and it gets easier every day.

Happy Fasting!

So first normal day over. Ended up making myself a quick salmon and prawn crunchy salad with feta as I got home at half 10pm and could not be bothered to watch water boils for an egg.
    Have to admit, I was hungrier during the day even though I was eating more which is odd but interesting at the same time.
    I am looking forward to my next fast day on Saturday and I think I might do what you suggested PhilPlasma and start it Friday night and only eat Sunday morning.
    But, until then, I’m going to just pass out on my bed.
    Gnight everyone

Change of plans everyone!
    I was invited to have dinner with my aunt tomorrow so I’ve decided to start my second Fast Day today! I woke up fairly late so I didn’t have breakfast.
    I woke up at 10:45am. It’s now 1:48pm and I’m still not hungry! I’ve only just gone downstairs and got myself a large bottle of water with 2 small slices of lime inside for some flavour.
    To be honest I was quite excited to start my second Fast Day as this seems to be the one eating lifestyle I might actually follow and keep for the rest of my life!
    I never thought I would ever feel excited to having a day where I don’t eat anything at all!
    I find it incredibley liberating not having to worry about what I should have to make for breakfast, lunch, dinner…
    If I don’t go to my dad’s this Sunday for dinner I might try and fit in a third Fast Day.
    Seeing as I have a long weekend from Friday to Sunday I might as well take advantage of that seeing as I find it easier to distract myself from the hunger at home, what with all the housework I need to do and the rest of the time playing my video games haha!
    I also apolosie to anyone if they might think I’m going way too overboard with posting on here but I find it helps having other people commenting and giving suggestions. I guess it’s also because I have other people following my progress, I want to do better.
    Oh yeah Applepie, unfortunately I did not make it myself. I will keep that in mind next time I buy a fruit juice from the shop and will be watching the documentary today!
    Thank you all for the support so far!

You are doing great! and you are already saying you think you can do it for life, brilliant.

When you hit your ideal weight the advice is to switch to 6:1.

Happy Fasting!

Hi guys I’m a newbie also. I have read the book back to back and plan to start on Sunday as a friend of mine is coming to stay tomorrow. I’ve been finding it hard to make a start but feel inspired from reading you’re above posts. I know from past experience that protein and veg really fills me up and keeps me going for ages without hunger so will prob do eggs for breakfast and chicken and salad for dinner. I know it will get easier but have to admit I will find it hard as I tend to get irritable if I go long hours without food. Anyhow I will update on Sunday to let ye know how I’m getting on. It’s great to have this forum for support. My starting weight is around 10 stone and I’m 5’2″ so would like to lose at least a stone !

Hi all!
    Thought I might post an update on how my second Fast Day went on Friday.
    It was going all well and good until I realised that maybe a whole 24 hour fast so early along my journey might be a bit hard for me as I have just started. I ended up having some poached white fish and an egg with some veggies for dinner.
    Yesterday was chaotic! I spent the whole day making Nutella Star Cakes as I had my younger cousins come over for dinner. I ate so much and now feel like I can go without anything sweet for quite some time!
    So because everything went to hell yesterday I’ve decided to have a third Fast Day today! I tend to get 3 days off every 5 weeks so I thought why not!
    Now, I’m off to play some Mass Effect to distract myself ;D
    Laters!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply.