First fast day starting tomorrow

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Helenf 5 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Hi folks,

I have tried 5:2 before and had awesome results but due to a family bereavement I fell off the 5:2 wagon with a bump! While I am at a healthy BMI I want to lose my ‘Mummy tummy’ and gain back the energy, enthusiasm and positive vibes I have been missing.

I’m starting my first fast day tomorrow (31st March) and could really do with some support and encouragement

Cheers and good luck Sarahbob,
    5:2 waits patiently until you can fit it in your life again.
    Keep it simple and easy and hopefully it will become a habit that is sustainable even through hard times. All power to you.

Thank you Cinque. I am feeling positive and determined and my first fast day is underway 😀

Good luck with ure plans! Hope you will achieve ure goal

My first day today and so far haven’t eaten anything. Had a cup of tea with a very small dash of milk but nothing else. I last ate at around 11pm last night. Should I be having some of my 500 calories now?

Firebox, while it is a good idea to eat only when you are hungry, if you wait too long you might ‘binge’. In our house, we have a <300 cal breakfast then a <300 cal dinner. End of story. Now some people don’t wake up hungry and start eating at 11 am. If that works for you, go ahead. Flexibility is one of the nice things about the Fast Diet.

Go for it, Sarahbob! Have you planned what to eat? Protein keeps you full longer, and i don’t mean ‘protein bars’ and ‘power shakes’ — I mean real food. How did you do on your first day? Are you eating or water fasting? We are eaters.

Hi fasting_me

I had a great first fast day eating and ended up eating 506 cals. Yesterday I was surprised to find I really was not all that hungry and had a sensible day eating a snack for lunch and a normal evening meal.

Back on fast day today and looking forward to my butternut squash soup for lunch which should keep me full until teatime. All I have before lunch on any day is a cup of tea with a very small splash of skimmed milk, and try not to eat late, so today I have already been fasting since 9pm last night. Heres to another good day!

Well done, Firebox. I make a butternut squash soup for Fasting too. good stuff.

Sarahbob, how goes it?

Restarting 5/2 tomorrow with hubby

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply.