First day of fasting nearly over – how do I prevent overeating

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
First day of fasting nearly over – how do I prevent overeating

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  LittleWing 10 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• So I started this new eating plan today and simply haven’t eaten anything today. It’s nearing 6pm and I’m going to need find something around 600 calories for dinner.

I suspect that my biggest problem is going to be the evening meal and thinking that as I haven’t eaten anything I’ve ‘earned’ loads of food.

I think that once I eat something the flood gates will open, I’ll realise I’m hungry and will eat everything I see.

Any tips for preventing this, other than waiting as long as possible to eat and then going to bed straight afterwards?

I’ve really enjoyed drinking tonnes of water, I must have had about 4 litres today.

Hi Steve,
    How did it go ?

It was my first day yesterday and I had similar thoughts. Was ok though. Did find a few things to do after dinner and the feeling of ” I want more” soon past.
    An early night did help though.

When´s you´re next fast day planned ?

Hi Steve – i also find that i ‘need’ the calories in the evening. On Fast days i have no breakfast, water, black tea and black coffee all day with a green salad at lunchtime (box version from Asda, M&S etc) at approx 60 cals. I then have main evening meal – might just be soup or cereal or a meal depending on what’s in the fridge – but always save some calories to spend ‘grazing’ if I need more during the evening – seems to be working for me – 19 lbs off in 16 weeks so far….

Well I got to 8pm and could have quite easily gone to bed without any food, I really didn’t feel hungry.
    But I ate with my wife and that seemed to set me off, I could have easily eaten and munched on things all night.

I think I had about 700 calories or so in the evening, it wasn’t a particularly healthy meal but my wife had planned it as a special treat so didn’t want to turn it down.

I felt pretty good last night though, before and after eating.

I woke up this morning without any hunger and could have done it again – it took me about 3 hours before I felt like breakfast.

I’ve eaten normally again today and am looking forward to Thursday – the next fast day.

Today is my first day. Ive had 3 small spoons of red kidney beans, coffee and water. I lost 30 lbs last summer on this diet before i knew it was a scientifically based plan. I have slowly gained back 10 lbs and am so scared about gaining weight back. I know this plan works but it took me 5 months to lose 30 lbs. It was the first time in 20 years i had an ave BMI. My doctor called me a light weight. What a compliment! However, my doctor would not say that today. I actually went to the bookstore today to buy Dr. Phil’s Life Code and stumbled upon the fasdiet book. Im on page 61 which is the page That lists this website. I plan on updating my progess at least every other day, even if im the only one who reads it. Good luck to all who struggle as I do. Linda from OKlahoma

Steve, to avoid disrupting your meals with your wife on fasting days, I have found cooking something that would give a non-faster the calories on the side, such as bread, potatoes or even just a bigger portion size (I.e. 2 chicken wraps for her, 1 for you!) This has worked for me and my boyfriend so far, and means you don’t lose out on the important acting of sitting and having a meal with loved ones!
    I find I get hungrier after my evening meal too, I try to get through it with herbal teas and the knowledge that you’ve come that far, so may as well keep at it!
    Good luck! 🙂

Linda, you did so well losing 30lb, really impressive! At least you definitely know you’ve got what it takes to see it through for long periods of time. Having only been doing it for 3 weeks, I’m interested to know if I’ve got that sort of stamina! Best of luck 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.