First day of fasting complete…..Woohoo!!!

This topic contains 113 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  fasting_me 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 101 through 115 (of 115 total)

• Hey Momma,
    You are very welcome to our little support group. Thank you so much for your lovely comments.
    Well…..Sounds like you had a very successful first FD….big high five to you 🙌 I’m so glad you didn’t find it as tough as you thought it would be, next FD will be less daunting. I’m sure you’ll be as prepared and focussed as yesterday.
    fasting and I said that the hot weather sort of makes it easier to diet, only during the winter months I really love eating hot, calorific, comfort food….haha….but not this year….I’m not undoing all the good I’ve done these past 4 months. I’m still 11st 5, I’ve plateaued these past 3 weeks, however 2 weeks of those I wasn’t focussed and only did one FD per week….tut tut. This week I’ve been very motivated, I did a FD on Sunday, a FD on Tuesday and a FD today, so I’ll be surprised and very disappointed if I don’t lose a pound.
    If I don’t lose, I’ll probably need to tweek my diet, like eating less calories on my NFD’s.

fasting……you always eat the most delicious food. Hope you had great 4th July celebrations yesterday. Happy FD 👍

Abi…..How are you getting on???

Sarah….How’s things, when’s your next FD?

Hope you are all doing well x

Love I think you are doing great, the nice thing is this diet is so flexible so it is easier to get back on track! This is the heaviest I have been other then being pregnant so I have to do something for sure. I am not sure how much a stone is being a American but I weighed in this morning at 179.6 but considering it was just after a fast I am guessing it is closer to 182 I want to get to 152 but won’t be upset at 160 tbh. I was hungry today I wasn’t craving sweets or carbs just hungry so I might have eaten more than I would have maybe I did try to pick healthier choices…I suspect that will get easier, could be I was just thinking about it more. It is awesome to meet you guys 🙂

Hey momma, don’t worry about eating a little more food than normal, i have days like that after a FD too, sometimes you can’t think of anything else but food…..and you’re right, it does get easier. I think once you start losing weight, you become more aware of the calories you consume on NFD’s, when you’ve eased into the diet, your eating habits will change for the better by naturally choosing healthier options and lessening the portion sizes 👍
    It sounds like we have a similar story regarding our weight. I was 181lbs when I started the diet 4 months ago and now I’m 159lbs. My goal is to get down to 154lbs by the time I go on holiday in 6 weeks time….I’m nearly there 🤞 If I could get below that goal….wow….I’d be over the moon.

It’s important not to beat yourself up if you have a bad diet day, I’ve had plenty of those but like you said, the diet is flexible enough for you to get back into it. That’s why I decided to Fast on Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday this week after my bad fortnight, I was in the right frame of mind to Fast this week. Sometimes sticking to same days for Fasting every single week is not possible for one reason or another, so a simple change of day won’t hurt at all, as long as you try and get 2 FD’s in. I’m still learning.

Good Luck with your next FD, I have every faith in you 🙌

Hi i have started this 5 2 on monday first day was hard but tuesday i ate as normal,wed i did diet again as thursday i have wine night . i got on scales this morning and i was 4 lb loss very surprised but happy.I ate curry and chips last night and had three glasses of wine, i will try and stay on this got a holiday in three weeks need to fit in my swimwear.I have noticed im not feeling as hungry as usual i find i can go longer without eating. dawn

Hi Dawn, I’ve gotta say, when I read your message I did smile. Having curry and chips and several glasses of wine all in your first week, it just tickled me. I don’t want to be a party pooper but try not to weigh yourself too often, if you read some of my earlier posts, I mentioned I weighed myself every morning and I was so surprised to see my weight flunctuate so dramatically, I went from having a 4lbs loss one day and the next day those 4lbs would be put back on again…..grrrrrr….it’s a real downer when that happens. I now weigh once a week. I’ve read from other dieters on the forums that this is very common.
    I really hope you keep the 4lbs off, that will be an amazing start. You’re already getting into the swing of things, you’ll find your stomach will shrink and you start choosing healthier options and like you’ve already realised, you can go longer without food, that makes FD’s easier to do. You’ll be fitting nicely into your swimwear in no time. Let us know how you get on. Good Luck

Hey everyone! Hope everyone is having or has had a great Friday! Doing good here 🙂 Portugal congrats on the first fast love is right be careful weighing every day the scale fluctuates a lot… I have a fancy smart scale that measures fat and water and stuff so I can see what parts are water gain but I don’t stress out when the scales yoyo’s. My next fast day will be Monday my easiest day to do it since I am in th car carting the kids everywhere lol. Plus my hubby is at a meeting every Monday until late so I can feed my self and kids lighter fair and hear no complaints always a plus lol. Big plans for the weekend anyone?

Hey everyone!
    Been a bit MIA lately due to doing crazy hours at work. I have been quietly getting on with fasting 3 days a week for the past few weeks, and I have lost around 8lbs wahoo! Had a bad weekend and day yesterday food wise but have fasted today and plan to fast again tomorrow and Friday. I have done a far few b2b fasts and I don’t mind them at all! Just about to break my fast with stuffed mushrooms and veg 😋
    How are you all getting on?? What days are you all fasting this week?
    Hope everyone has a great week! X

Hey abster! I am impressed I haven’t done b2b fasts I did my second fast yesterday wasn’t too bad 🙂 I think I will fast either tomorrow or Thursday it is going to be hot so that should help! I got to find some good recipes for dinner that is low calorie but the kids will eat with extra sides 🤔🤔. Love how was your weekend?

Hey Abi,
    You are doing brilliantly, 8 lbs loss in a few weeks is such terrific achievement…keep it going. You’re really doing it well if you are doing 3 days of Fasting per week, I’ve only done that once….lol.

I used to stick to the recommended Mondays and Thursdays for my Fasts. Now I tend to do them when I’m feeling most positive, so lately I’ve been doing them on Sundays and Tuesdays, Wednesday or Thursdays, it varies from week to week.

Hope you continue to see the pounds drop off, speak soon x

Hey Twinmomma,
    Glad you’ve succeeded doing your second FD….well done you!!!

I’ve had a good weekend thank you. I had a really good FD on Sunday I think at the moment I find it easier to do it that day because I don’t work Sundays. I work during the week as a painter and decorator, which is quite an active job to do. I can get very hungry during the day as I’m painting the exterior of houses and it builds up an appetite.

I live in the UK and follow a bloke called The Body Coach, on Instagram, he’s a food and fitness expert. He has brilliant low calorie recipes on his 90 day plan and his Lean in 15 plan, check them out 👍

Glad you’re still getting on well after 2 FD days, keep up the good work, you’ll be shedding those pounds no problem. 👍
    Speak soon x

Hey guys,

Just a quick message before work this morning

Hows the diets going???everyone doing well ???🤞

I’ve had a couple of good weeks and managed to lose a pound last week and a pound this week, so I’m thrilled!!! I’m now 11st 3lbs (157lbs) with only 3 lbs to lose before I reach my holiday target weight of 11st.
    I have 3 weeks to lose it in…..yikes…..losing a pound a week is all I can manage at the moment, unless I do extra FD’s of course. I’ll see how the diet goes this week….haha.

If you’ve got time, let me know how you’re getting on 👍 Its always lovely to hear from you all and follow progress x

Hey Hun! I have been doing good I am down about 8lbs so far so I am quite 😃. This past weekend wasn’t my best lol period time and we went to the state fair so I ate horrible but back on track.
    Oh you are sooo close to your goal I am so proud of you!!!! I hope to be in the 160s by my vacation August 11th I was 173 this morning so I am with you we are close!

Hey TwinMomma

Yeah….we’ve nearly reached our goals for holidays…..I know we can make it 👍

Glad you’re back on track, we all have bad days, just do better the next day. We’re only human after all 😄

Happy Weekend 😁

Momma, you asked for recipes that a Faster can eat along with non-Fasters.

here’s one for Red Beans & Rice. A Faster eats 1/4 of the recipe, others can pig out.
    Red Beans & Rice: 280 calories 1 g fat 9 g fiber 11 g. protein 59.5 g. carb 142.8mg Calcium PB GF This is the old classic recipe for the ‘perfect protein’. We were afraid that we wouldn’t like it — it sounds bland — but it is good. Yeah, you’re right, the carbs are way high, but these are complex carbs. HINT: This is enough for 4 servings! Either have a gathering or cut the recipe or freeze for later.
    1 and 3/4 cups brown rice, cooked ½ cup celery, chopped ½ cup sweet yellow or other color pepper, diced 1 cup onion, chopped 2 cloves garlic, minced ¾ cup crushed tomato oregano black pepper 1 and 3/4 cups red beans, drained and rinsed [Goya brand is very good] ½ cup green beans or peas
    Cook the rice. Saute the celery, pepper, and onions for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 5 minutes more. Add the tomato sauce and seasonings. Stir in the red beans and heat through. When the rice is done, add 1 and 3/4 cups to the mixture. HINT: if there is extra rice, it freezes well. Serve with the cooked green vegetable. Pass the Tabasco.

Depending on what your children like to eat, this very filling salad can be served with dinner rolls on the side for non-Fasters.
    Greek Chicken Salad: 295 cal 12.8 g. fat 4.8 g fiber 23.7 g protein 26.5 g carb 240.3 mg Calcium PB GF This recipe was long ago clipped from a magazine and stored in the recipe file. When I saw it, I recognized that if most of the olive oil were removed, it would make a smashing Fast meal. We like this one a lot.
    1 and 1/2 oz chicken, roasted and shredded 1 and 1/2 c. shredded romaine or 3 oz salad greens 1/4 c garbanzo or small white beans 2 and 1/2 oz tomato chunks or 1 c cucumbers, cubed 3 black olives, pitted & sliced 1 oz feta cheese, crumbled 1 and 1/2 tsp lemon juice 1/2 tsp olive oil 1/2 tsp each of mint, oregano, parsley
    Prep the meat, greens, tomatoes, and olives as described. Measure the lemon juice, olive oil, and herbs into a salad bowl. Whisk together. Add the greens and toss to combine. Add the chicken, beans, tomato/cukes and toss gently. Top with the olives and feta.

And for easy, this is perfect, especially following a Sunday roast or grill meal. For non-Fasters, serve some boiled parsleyed potatoes along side.
    Chicken/Turkey Dinner: 284 calories 4.5 g fat 9.3 g fiber 31.6 g protein 34.2 g carbs 58.2 mg Calcium PB Perfect use for left-over roasted or lemon-marinated grilled chicken breast. Instead of potatoes, enjoy the crunch of high-fiber crackers. So low in calories that you may even have some lovely fruit for dessert!
    4 ounces roasted breast meat, without skin 1/2 [3 0z] cup green beans 2 oz carrots, sliced as coins 2 pieces Finn Crisp crackers 1/2 cup sliced strawberries.

We are ‘officially’ on vacation, having driven to our vacation house on Thursday. We are still Fasting of course, made easier by an abundance of fresh seafood.
    Love, glad you are on track for that 3 pounds. Try cutting out 100 calories/day of food you don’t really need. After 5 days, that’s one Fast-Day worth of fewer calories!!
    Absteroo, keep on trucking’!

fasting…..Thanks for the great advice, makes total sense to do that 👍

Plus, I hope you don’t mind, I’m taking those recipes too, I need more variety in my diet. Thank you 😊

Love, click on my ‘handle’ to see my profile. You will note the address/name of my blog where I post lots of recipes to help Fasters like you who want variety without having to reinvent the wheel. Feel free to use all of my recipes that you like.
    Have a good weekend. Fasting on Monday!

Viewing 15 posts - 101 through 115 (of 115 total)

You must be logged in to reply.