First day of fasting complete…..Woohoo!!!

This topic contains 113 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  fasting_me 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 115 total)

• Started the fast diet today and decided to go straight into a fast day as I felt syched up to do it, plus I wanted to get it out of the way. It wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be. I live with my parents and food is a very big part of all our lives, so the temptation is always there. I kept myself busy and drank loads of water and some tea. I’ve felt pretty good all day. I feel confident I will get through my second day of fasting on Monday without any problems. I’m feeling positive and not hungry at all, which is a surprise.
    I’m enjoying reading all your weight loss journeys and fasting tips, very helpful and motivational.

Good luck fellow fasters

Day two and all has gone very well. I didn’t gorge myself like I thought I might do after my first FD. I’ve eaten healthily and feel satisfied. I actually weighed myself this morning and I’ve lost an incredible 3lbs in one day….I wasn’t expecting that. Day 3 and 4 of my diet will be a challenge as I’m off for a romantic weekend away with my boyfriend to celebrate his birthday, food and drink will be a large part of the holiday. I will try my very best to chose healthy options….please will power…don’t let me down. The reason why I didn’t start the diet after the birthday weekend away, was I kept using excuses to not start, there’s always, meals out, family parties or maybe a wedding to go to….I was in the right frame of mind, so started yesterday.

Hope everyone has a good weekend, whatever you’re up too x

Milestones!

I did my first full day of fasting (30 hours) before taking an overseas fight. I had done a bunch of 16 hour fasts before that but that first full day was hard. I even had snacks packed in my backpack which we eat later. I have two teens so finishing the snacks wasn’t hard. Now I do 36+ hour fasts often and it is so easy.

Those first few fasts are major milestones!

dykask Sounds like you are well organised and have good control when it comes to food. I think being organised with having the right foods to hand helps a lot, stops you picking or choosing unhealthy options. I feel confident I will be ok on my second fast day on Monday…what’s a little hunger now and then…lol.

lovealottie the hard days are the days I’m eating! At this point not eating is easier than eating. I actually eat more now on a weekly basis than I did when I was unsuccessfully using calorie restriction. That worked for a while but then it didn’t. Fasting doesn’t seem to have the same problem. I now have been doing this for about 1.5 years. However now when I’m traveling I ease up on the fasting. Since I travel pretty often that is an impact. I’ve only managed to do 16, 36+ hour fasts so far in 2018.

dykask. I feel your frustration. Travelling so much cannot be easy whether on a FD or not, it must be hard to maintain a rhythm. At the moment I plan to fast on Mondays and Thursdays like a lot of people, this fits in with my way of life nicely. I’m sure if I travelled as much as you, I couldn’t maintain that regimen and it would probably throw me off kilter.
    I know I’ve only just started the 5:2 diet but I understand what you mean about finding it easier on FDs, i found this too, it was easier to stay away from food altogether. On the couple of NFDs I’ve done I found it harder to stop over indulging and keeping a lid on my calorie intake. Yesterday was a disaster. I’m away for my partners birthday weekend and totally over ate and was quaffing the champagne like no tomorrow, I tried to choose healthy options on the menu but tbh, there weren’t any…..lol. I’m not going to beat myself up about it, the food I ate last night was absolutely superb and it was afterall, a special occasion. This morning I’ve had a healthy breakfast and feel positive it’ll be a good diet day. Tomorrow will be my second FD….bring it on.
    Good luck and stay positive dykask

Well, tomorrow morning will be my first week of the 5:2 diet complete. I will weigh and measure myself in the morning and hope that I’ve lost something, whether it be lbs or inches. Third FD tomorrow. I don’t think I’ve been drinking enough water as I’ve felt a little constipated the past 3 or 4 days, sometimes I go hours without water at work which is not good at all. I will try and make a conscious effort to drink more water.
    I was very controlled this evening, as my parents were munching on loads of chocolate and was offering it around, it’s their wedding anniversary and the treats were out. I for the first time declined the brown stuff and opted for an apple instead….lol. I do love and miss chocolate.
    Oh well, week two…..lets be having ya!!!

Weighed this morning and I’m feeling very disappointed. After my first week I’ve only lost 1lb. I’ve stuck to the diet all week and after losing 3lbs after the first day, it bought I’d at least keep that off but no, I’ve put 2lb back on in the latter part of the week. I know that I don’t drink enough water and will try to rectify that this week but I’m feeling so despondent. Third day of fasting today and I hope I can find the motivation to get through it.
    I’ve gained an inch around my bust??? Yet I’ve lost an inch around my waist. Other measurements are the same.

lovealottie, one pound is about average for a week’s loss. Do not despair — at least you weigh less than last week! The weight will go up and down through the week, sometimes for no apparent reason! I weigh every day so I’ll have a sense of whether or not I can splurge a little on a Slow Day or not. Don’t bother measuring every day or even every week. When we first started Fasting 4+ years ago, we measured at the start and then 3 months later, then 6 months, etc. Now we measure once a year.
    When you go out for a big weekend or restaurant meal, try what I do: I order 2 appetizers and then share a dessert with my husband. That is enough to fill me up and still keep the weight down.
    Good luck this week.

fasting_me Thank you so much for your encouragement, it really does help my motivation. I’ve just completed my third FD and considering my low mood this morning, I’ve done really well, I’ve even drank lots and lots of water.
    Yes, I totally understand now…not to measure myself every week, it was a little daft of me to think the inches would just melt off weekly….lol. I will do like you suggested and measure myself every 3 months, hopefully then, I will see some changes, hopefully in the right direction.
    I really like the idea of the two starters and the shared dessert idea. My first meal out on this diet may have been an epic fail but like you’ve suggested, there are ways to eat out healthy without filling your face….lol.
    Like you said, I should be happy I’m 1lb lighter than last week…..that’s a positive.

Thank you and good luck everybody x

Atta girl. Have a good weekend.

Just completed my fourth FD and have found this one really tough, two reasons, I’ve been with my boyfriend all day and eating out is a big part of what we enjoy together, this is the first FD I’ve spent with him and not going out to eat or cooking ourselves was really tough, plus my parents have large bars of chocolate lying on the coffee table in front of me….I’ve been watching them munch away all evening…..torturing myself. .I’m absolutely craving it but will refrain. I’m drinking lots of water which is good for me.
    I feel as though I’ve lost weight this week, I’m hoping it will be more than a 1lb but happy at any loss of course. I shall weigh myself Thursday morning, that will be two weeks into the diet. Looking forward to my NFD tomorrow.

Being with family, especially on their turf, makes it really difficult to keep Fasting as we want to slip into old habits. Does your boyfriend know that you are fasting? Do you have his cooperation? [notice that I didn’t say ‘consent’!] If he knows what you are doing it might be easier to Fast in his presence. Or by Fasting do you mean ‘not eating’?

fasting_me Yes my boyfriend knows I’m doing this diet and is very supportive. He feels guilty eating in front of me if I’m on a FD, which I don’t want him to be of course. I stick to 500 calories on FD’s. I’d like us both to feel ‘normal’ around food, on any day, as this is going to be a way of life for me, hopefully once I reach my target weight, I can proceed with the 6:1 option to maintain the loss. It’s still early days, so we’re both getting used to my new way of eating. My boyfriend has the ideal healthy diet already, he’s never been overweight and eats organic as much as possible and rarely eats anything unhealthy and he’s happy, he sees food as fuel and has a ‘you are what you eat’ mantra, he’s always been like it apparently. I, on the other hand love food too but the unhealthiest options and bigger portions. My mantra has been ‘I live to eat and not eat to live’, hence my weight problem, all my life, most of my family are overweight or obese. Unfortunately, I don’t live with my boyfriend at the moment, I live with my parents. I’m sure if I lived with my BF I’d lose weight anyway, as the temptations are not there to tempt me. At my parents, I’m bombarded with snacks, chocolate and unhealthy food. I’ve tried to convert my parents into a more healthy lifestyle but they say they’re too old to change.
    I have my 2nd weigh in tomorrow morning, 2 weeks into the diet. Seems longer than that…lol

Hi! I think you should be so proud of yourself and you are doing great. Regardless of the weight and number.. how do you feel?

I started a 4 day fast on Monday at 8pm, this is my first extended fast, but so far, I am doing ok. Went to the gym both days, worked, drinking water and feeling good. It is amazing how much I get done when I am not focused on food. Anyhow, I am glad to be here and love reading your story and encouragement!

I just want to lose like 5lbs, so we will see… this is more for becoming more focused. I also am keto and fat adapted so that helps!!

This helps to read! I wonder how much the weight will fluctuate.. I am new to extended fast!

I hope you do not mind that I joined in on this post:)

Have a great night.

Tomorrow is my 3 day of fasting.

Hi michelemm1 Thank you so much for your words of encouragement, it really does help.
    I’m in such a good mood this morning, I’ve just weighed myself and I’ve lost 3 lbs this week…..Yay!!!! 4 lbs in total in two weeks, a good steady weight loss. I feel good, apart from Mondays FD, which I found tough, the diet has been quite easy, well, easier than I thought it would be.
    I have big respect for you doing 4 days continual fasting, do you not eat any food at all??? It does surprise me reading other blogs, how the body adapts to not having food for 3 or 4 days and people carry on with their day to day lives without feeling dizzy, h-angry or ravenous…lol. Sounds like your doing great, I’m sure you will reach your four days of fasting and feel so much better for it….I really hope you lose your target 5lbs. Instead of the 4 day continual fasting, would you consider doing the alternate fast, I think I’d probably find that one a little easier.

Best of Luck michelemm1…. You can do this…..Day 3 no problem at all. Have a fab day

Remember, it is a process, not a destination. Whether you plan to lose 5 pounds or 50, you need to develop a new view of food as well as a new way of eating which will last you for the rest of your life.

Lottie, glad your BF is on your team. Too bad about your parents — you will have to continue to resist the temptations.

michele, a 4 day water fast to lose 5 pounds sounds like overkill. I’m sure it will work. Then what?

Hi everyone

This is a bit easier then trying to catch up with the April challenge post! I like this thread.

Fasting– we will see. I am on Day3 and today I was down 3 lbs, but the goal is definitely to focus on a new relationship with food. I am going to do ADF after Friday. I just feel so much more calm and focused when I am not eating or thinking about food. I typically do OMAD, and probably will go back to that at some point, but for now, I want to try ADF.

Lottie- I am glad that BF is on board as well and congrats on the weight loss!! Thank you for your encouragement and support. Actually, the 3 days was not as bad as I thought. I worked out everyday and just did my thing. I think it helps that I am fat adapted too… I have been doing zero/VLC for years.

Now.. I am a bit anxious on what to eat tomorrow night though. I usually eat bacon everyday, so that is definitely in there.

Ok– thanks for the support and I will check in tomorrow. Going to do kickboxing in the am, then busy with work then I can eat. I am actually hungry for the first time in a long time which I think speaks to the fact that I needed to do this fast.

Have a great night! We got this:)

michele, how about a Ceasar Salad? This is made with Canadian Bacon but you could substitute the real thing.

Cesar Salad: 240 calories 9 g fat 3.9 g fiber 32.7 g protein 5.4 g carbs
    106 mg Calcium GF Straight out of the Fast Diet book, with quantities changed a teensy bit. Large portion, good flavor.
    2.5 slices Jones brand Canadian bacon 3 oz chicken breast, left over from a roast 2.5 c chopped romaine or 2.5 c. mesclun 1 T grated Parmesan salad dressing: 1 tsp olive oil + 1 tsp lemon juice Mexican oregano [Cesar Salad after all is of Mexican origin, not from Roman rulers] 3 oz tomatoes
    Heat the bacon on a hot, ungreased griddle until it begins to brown. Remove and slice into strips. Cut chicken meat into strips or chunks, as you wish. Roughly chop or tear the romaine, if using. Whisk the oil and lemon juice in a salad bowl. Add the lettuce and toss to coat with the dressing. Plate the greens and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and oregano. Arrange the meat on top of the greens.

For a breakfast, try these baked eggs with bacon:

Apple-Bacon Bake: 272 calories 6.5 g fat 3.5 g fiber 14.4 g protein 37 g carbs 284 mg Calcium PB GF What a perfect taste of Autumn.
    1 two-oz egg ¾ oz apple, peeled, cored, sliced thinly 1/8 oz bacon, diced 1/2 Tbsp ricotta cheese, drained if too liquid 1 tsp Parmesan cheese ¼ tsp prepared mustard sage 1/2 oz pear blackish coffee or tea or lemon in hot water 5-6 oz fruit smoothie or green smoothie or unpasturized apple cider
    Spritz a ramekin with cooking spray. Set the toaster oven at 350 degrees F. In a saute pan, cook the bacon until done. Drain away the fat and blot in paper towel. In the same pan, saute the apple until softened. Put apple and bacon in the ramekin. Whisk the egg, ricotta, Parmesan, mustard, and sage together and pour into the ramekin. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Prepare the beverages and the pear.

These are foods we eat on Fast Days, but they are good enough for Slow Days, too.

Have a good weekend.

HI fasting

Thank you so much for the recipe. I wish I read earlier, but I was out and about when I broke it. I had bacon, chicken, salmon, and tiny amounts of vegs. I haven’t eaten in 4 days, but I still tried to count calories or keep track. I think all this was about 1000 but I tried to eat a little here and there throughout the night. Protein and fats feel good for me.

I really expected to love my food this evening, but I kind of wasn’t into it that much. It was like my other days of OMAD, just eating, not a biggie. I have never been a big “foodie” but I do wish I could learn to enjoy food a bit more. This fast really opened my eyes to how much I depend on food to give me that WOW, but it never does;) It is all good.

now I am doing ADF.

On a positive, my weight was 3 lbs less and my waist was 1 inch smaller.. prob just bloat and water loss but hey I will take it.

Oh– and I am celiac and dairy free. But I could totally do the recipe above with the cheese!

Have a great weekend as well. I will be on here checking:)

Hey…I’ve been away with the BF again, so just catching up with this thread.

I haven’t been very disciplined these past 2 days, I’ve had a few more treats than I normally would, although I’ve been doing loads of walking too. I think I will have to do 3 FD’s next week, which I’m happy to do to balance things out a bit…lol. I’m sure my stomach has shrunk, as it doesn’t take as much to feel full.

Michele, well done for your 3lb weight loss. Excuse my ignorance but you mentioned zero/VLC in an earlier post, what is that? Was 5lb your target weight loss for this particular 4 day fast or is that your goal weight loss???
    I don’t mean to offend, I’m just confused, you don’t appear to eat much at all, you’re dairy free, you’re now doing ADF after an extended fast……like fasting_me mentioned above, it just seems a bit overkill. I’m sorry to hear you don’t enjoy food very much, I can’t imagine what that would feel like at all….is it the Celiac disease that has caused this??? I hope you can find a way of enjoying a meal without any negative consequences. I had a total Thyroidectomy some years ago, which has taken its toll on my health.

Enjoy the rest of your bank holiday 🙂

Hi Love

Not offended at all! I am glad to hear you are back! Hope you and BF had some quality time. I do eat zero carb/very low carb. I like it!

I eat plenty for my size. But, thanks for asking. I am not a big person, so I don’t need a lot of variety in general. I love bacon. lol

I dont think the adf will be perfect me though. Today I ate because I was hungry, all zero carb but I could not seem to get through the day and focus without eating something. Anyhow, hope you have a great weekend as well!!

michele, when you say ‘zero carb’ does that mean no bread/pasta or does that mean no veg/fruit too? Tell me what you can/do eat, and I’ll send some more recipes. I love food and I want to help other Fasters to have meals that they will enjoy. Do let me know.

Hope your week of Fasting will go well for you, lottie, as you try to recoup from several Slow Days.

Hi Fasting

Thank you so much for your support! Just meat and fat. I am experimenting with butter, and so far so good, but I dont think I can make it a staple.

I need to get enough fat/food calories on my eating days, but fasting every other is the plan. I did not start this weekend. I am still referring from the 4 day fast.

I have tried every plan in the books.. vegan, vegetarian, paleo, keto.. blah blah. The only thing that I thrive on is meat, fat and water. So, we gotta be creative. maybe coc oil? ghee?

Hi Michele,
    Thanks for explaining zero/VLC to me. I tried to eat no carbs once and it wasn’t for me, I found it far too hard to maintain. I love bacon too…lol…especially with poached egg and grilled tomatoes…yum yum.

Have you tried any recipes from the 5:2 recipe books?? I’ve tried a few of them, they are easy to prepare and cook and taste delicious, plus I’ve also preserved some lemons as detailed in the book, I’m looking forward to using them in recipes too. My 500 calorie meals for fast days can be a little boring and repetitive, I tend to eat a small portion of porridge in the morning and a poached egg and a slice of grilled smokey bacon for evening meal…only because I always have bacon and eggs in the fridge.

I weighed myself this morning to see what the damage was, after my weekend away, I’ve put one 1lb, which wasn’t a surprise tbh. I’m hoping my 3 days fasting this week will help to rebalance things. Next FD will be Wednesday and the next on Friday.
    I decided to eat one meal today instead of two. I missed breakfast and had an evening meal of a large green salad, a large spoonful of couscous, an avocado, tomatoes, and cucumber. I’ve been drinking hot water with lemon, which has been refreshing. I do feel a little hungry tonight but I’m about to go to bed, so another FD complete….woohoo!!
    Thank you for your support michele, have a great week and speak soon.

fasting
    Thank you for your continued support…much appreciated x

Hi Lovealottie

I am sure 1 lb can be lost fast! Drink lots of water. I am glad you had fun with BF, that is important. I am doing ok. Yesterday was a bit off, I hate way too much. I am still trying to see if ADF will work for me. I am trying it for 2 weeks. We will see.

No, I do not eat vegetables.. I just eat meat and fat. Works for me.

Sounds like you are doing well on your plan in general. 3 days of fasting with def help stay focused.

Ok, back to work!! lol

Today is no food for me. I will eat again tomorrow night at 7. Prob bacon:)

michele, are you following a keto diet? I guess if it works for you than it is fine. Getting enough nutrients? fiber? That’s my concern.

Lottie, going well?
    Tomorrow will be our Fast Day.

michele How are you?? How’s the ADF going?? I can see why you’ve a difficult relationship with food, considering all the food types you can’t eat, must be very very frustrating. Do you take any supplements at all??, I was wondering if you were deficient in certain vitamins and minerals. Because of my Thyroid problems, I have to take Vit D, B12 and Iron supplements every day, as well as my Thyroid meds of course.

fasting I’m so pleased with myself today, I have lost 1lb this week, which is 5lbs in total after 3 weeks, which is fantastic considering my two weekends away. My FD on Monday went well and I was going to FD on Wednesday but I decided to eat two small meals instead, probably about 1000 calories for the day. Today I am on my FD and I’m feeling very motivated and positive. Ive booked a beach holiday mid August, so am determined to lose a stone in weight by then, I have another 4 months to lose 8 lbs, of course I hope to lose more than that but I’d still be happy to lose a stone. My goal is to eventually lose 2 1/2 stones.

Have a good day both of you and speak soon

lottie, great progress so far. Keep up the good work.

Fasting today: Ham & Chive Omelette for breakfast. Homemade Wonton Soup for dinner. Today My weight was at a good place, so I hope today’s Fast will keep me there.

fasting
    Really pleased to hear your weight is at a good place. I think I might make an omelette for breakfast tomorrow, beats having porridge all the time. Nearly anther FD over…yay!!!

Hi Faster Friends

Fasting and Love- thanks for your thoughts. I do better with no fiber. I take supplements so I think the nutrients are good! For me ,I just have to make sure I eat enough on eating days.

Glad you are doing well with your weight both of you. I think I am around the same, maybe a lb or 2 lighter depending on my workout and salt! I love salt and crunchy foods… I eat lots of pork rinds too as a snack with my bacon. lol

I guess my only question for you both.. I am doing ADF; however, I find that it is much easier to not count calories ( exhausting) so keeping it under 500 is hard for me. I had 700 yesterday which was suppose to be my fasting day. So.. I am going to try no calories on fasting days, I think that might be easier and mentally less exhausting.

Today was my food day- just omad- bacon, pork rinds and butter. It was good!

Do you both not eat on fasting days or do you keep it under 500?

Thanks so much!

We [husband and I] eat breakfast and dinner on Fast Days all under 600 calories. I do the 600 cals. because I had less weight to lose. We eat breakfast, a small lunch [snack actually], and dinner on Slow Days, just more food. I am a counter. I have broken down every recipe into calories, fat, fiber, protein, carbs, and Calcium counts so I’ll know if we are getting our nutrients.
    I’m still concerned about your nutrient intake, michele. Protein is important for Fasters to maintain muscles. Don’t tell me bacon has protein — not enough. Supplements are rubbish. Look up the term “orthorexia” and see if it applies.
    Because so many people don’t like/can’t be bothered to count calories, I post my recipes with all the ingredients listed and the arithmetic done. Click on my ‘handle’ to see the URL.
    What does ‘omad’ mean?

Hi Fasters

I’ve found I can’t go through a FD without eating something. I’ve tried to go zero calorie just as a challenge to myself but failed every time. I have a very small breakfast and a very small dinner, I’m afraid I’m one of those lazy calorie counters, I look on the packaging for calorie info and have looked in my calorie counter book to find out the calorie content of the basic foods I eat but most of the time I roughly estimate. Since starting the diet, I eat lots more fruit and veg, I’m choosing more healthier options on NFD’s as I don’t want to pig out and undo all my hard work after doing well on my FD’s. I know I had a couple of indulgent days over two weekends but I still didn’t eat as much as I normally would. I drink loads more water too, plus hot water and lemon.

I know I probably shouldn’t but I do weigh myself most mornings, I know a lot of us fasters do. I’m fascinated to see how the scales rises and falls over the days. Today I weighed myself and I had lost 4lbs in 24 hours…..I couldn’t believe it. Yet, I bet when I weigh tomorrow that weight would’ve been put back on somehow. Have you experienced this??

michele
    Im still trying to get my head around your very very limited food options. Bacon, butter, pork rinds, meat and fat….that’s tough. No wonder you find it hard to enjoy food.

I’m working all weekend, so certainly won’t be indulging in any treats this weekend.

Have a good weekend Fasters 🙂

Yes, Lottie, my weight does that too, sometimes for no apparent reason! I weigh daily so that I have a chance to mitigate the damage.

Michele, do you not eat vegetables because you don’t like them or because they upset your digestion? when you say ‘the only thing I thrive on is meat and fat’, I’m still having a hard time figuring out why you got to that place. Oh well.

HI Love and Fasting

Yes, I do not do well on vegetables and I struggle with digestive issues. I was a vegan for 18 years, and not sure why to be honest. lol

Anyhow, I am getting the nutrients I need and feel great. The only thing I want to work on is deciding a plan that fits me best. I loved the fasting for 4 days because I gained a sense of not worrying or what I should be eating. I just felt better to take a rest with food. I have never been a big eater.

Yes, my options are limited LOVE, if I look at that way. However, I look at the idea of I can eat whatever I want that feels good and that is what works for me. I appreciate that you recognize how I might not enjoy food too much. However, I find that eating is more for my fuel and brain, and fats and protein are necessary. I just graduated with my PhD and now I am teaching!! Yay. . that being said, I need to make sure this little brain has enough food on my eat days.

You both sound great. I am not losing any weight but that is ok.. I dont feel like I need to focus on that. More importantly, just enjoying the process of fasting for other reasons. Even my skin looks better since that 4 day fast. I was thinking… the ADF might not be a good option for me. So, how about I do 3 day fasts more often? I always eat OMAD during the week and then weekends, maybe 2 meals.

Ok, back to work ladies. Thanks for keeping a check on me. I will find the right plan, but for now, I am going to try another 3 day fast this week since that actually felt good compared to this ADF… I am not sure if that sounds weird, but oh well.

Glad you are both good!

Hi Fasters

michele, I’m pleased you get positivity from doing fasting, the 3 day extended fast may be the right one for you. You did really well last time. Good luck with it.

fasting
    I lost the 4 lbs after Thursdays FD and on the Friday morning I put on 2 lbs….hahaha. I find that fascinating. I’ve never weighed myself so much in my life…haha.

Another fast day for us today, have a good one 🙂

Today’s FD was tough towards the end, my fault really. Firstly, I’ve been watching Masterchef…haha and on FD’s it’s like torturing myself, I’m actually salivating whilst watching the tv…haha.
    Secondly, When I’m with my BF, I’ve told him to eat normally on my FD’s as I don’t want him to feel he needs to avoid food just because I’m on a diet. Well, tonight that thoughtful suggestion backfired on me, whilst I was in the bath, he had ordered Indian food from the Indian takeaway just down the road (Indian being my most favourite food) and was stuffing into his face as quickly as possible before I got out of the bathroom…..lol. I was only in the bathroom for half an hour. I’m guessing he ordered it earlier without me knowing. So I’m now in bed smelling the delicious aromas of Rogan Josh, Pilau Rice and Pechwari Naan…..bloody torture.
    If there’s any leftovers, I shall be devouring them for breakfast….lol,

Hope you’ve both had a good day

Good fortitude, Lottie! Have a good heart-to-heart with the BF and explain what your ‘really’ meant to say.

Congrats on the new PhD, Michele! And you got a professorship! Wow — those are hard to find. Keep feeding that brain!

Fasting today: Salmon and Boursin whisked with egg and baked. Salad with shrimp/citrus/mango/asparagus. Good stuff.

Hi ladies

Thanks for checking in! Thanks on the congrats, fasting!!

Love- your doing awesome. Nice job!

Fasting- your food sounds luscious

Check in later!

Doing the ADF this week, to try? We will see. So far so good. Today is Food Day! Yippee.

Thanks michele and fasting for the encouragement. I didn’t eat Indian leftovers for breakfast after all….lol…I’m not undoing the good I did yesterday…..Go me!!!

michele, Sorry, I forgot to say HUGE Congrats on getting your PhD….such a great acheivement. Good luck with Teaching, What are you teaching? I hope your students are kind to you. What age group are you teaching??
    Good luck with ADF this week

fasting, you eat some lovely dishes. I’ve been looking at the 5:2 diet book this morning and have decided to cook the Chicken Tagine which used some of the preserved lemons I made some weeks ago, so looking forward to that.

Have a good day all

Hi Love

Thank you so much on the Phd. I teach Rehab Counseling and Psychology, college- graduate level.

I am doing this ADF. Seems to be working, kind of:) I lost a lb.

I am glad you skipped the Indian. nice job!! Yep, go you.

I agree.. fasting is like the queen of menus!

Morning Fasters

Start of week 5 for me, another FD today… bring it on!!!!

Im totally motivated as I’ve lost another 2lbs, that’s 6 lbs in total so far. Depending where you are in the world, in the UK, that’s 3 bags of sugar….haha.

michele I really hope you enjoy your vocation, teaching can be so rewarding, especially teaching subjects like yours.
    Well done on losing a lb, keep it going

Speak soon

Since you mentioned Indian food… our Fast Breakfast was eggs scrambled with tomatoes and curry powder. Delicious!! Dinner will be a Pheasant Casserole from an English cookery book. Happen to have some left-over pheasant — doesn’t everyone?

That chicken tagine sounds yummy. Ummmm — preserved lemons! I need to make some.

Good losses, you two! Way to go. Happy Fast Day.

Hi Ladies? I was not sure??

Thanks so much for the support. Today was fasting day.. I had 2 of my sf chai teas.. yum. I will confess I did have 1 teaspoon of whipping cream on the side though. I totaled under4 g of carbs though for the day.

Fasting– NOOOOO cookbook for me- lol. I seriously use the microwave. Even for my bacon. I know… its not the best. Cooking gives me anxiety!

Love- awesome on another 2 lbs.. must feel good. I am glad you are sticking with this!
    Thank you, I do love my job overall. Today and next week are crazy hectic with teach, interviews, research— but I enjoy helping society. It definitely is my calling:)

Tomorrow I eat but I am having a hard time getting ALL the calories in on my eating day.. I just never eat during the day.. too busy. I am not forcing it though. I seem to be doing 48 hour fasts without planning it. I will go with it!

I did two weeks and maintained, then a friend gave me the new book and I completed the questionnaire. It came out quite definitely ‘New fast’ for me so today is the first 14 hour fast. Meals both planned and I’m optimistic as I already feel better in myself. I’m so pleased to find I was doing something wrong. Keep going all!

Hi everyone!

I hope you are doing well? How are the fasts?

Hi Fi-jane! thanks for posting. Well, it is good to know where you stand right? I have never taken the questionnaire:)

fasting day for me. Looking forward to my eating day tomorrow! Bring on the bacon.

Hi Fasters

michelemm1
    So funny you can’t tell if you are speaking to males or females on here…I don’t know why but I just assume I’m talking to women and turns out I’m talking to men and women….haha…which is great.
    Hope your FD goes well today. Enjoy your Bacon tomorrow….Hahaha

Welcome to this thread Fi-Jane. Ive never done the questionnaire either, I’m curious, will check it out. Even though Im losing 1 or 2 lbs a week, which I’m happy with. Glad to hear you’re positive. Good luck

I’m on a non fasting weekend, FD on Monday and Thursdays as normal. Me and the BF shared an Indian take away yesterday, which was good for me, I could really pig out on Indian food. I feel a lot better for eating less and to be honest, I think my stomach has shrunk, as I felt really full after eating half the amount….good news. I’ve lost 6lbs so far and even though I can’t see any change in my appearance, I feel loads healthier.
    The foods that I’ve really cut back on or even removed completely from my diet has been Bread, Cheese, Potatoes, Pastries, Cake, Biscuits and Chocolate, which is a big acheivement for me.

Hope you have good FD’s this week. Speak soon

What questionnaire?
    Happy Fasting tomorrow.

Hi

Congrats Love on your weight loss and how you feeel better! I think just feeling healthier outweighs any number on a scale, in my opinion. I am glad you are making better choices with food!

Well, I am down a little on the scale so ADF is prob working. However, I still struggle to get adequate food amounts in on eat days. It makes me tired to eat so much! Today I was exhausting and kept thinking to eat will make me feel better; but I think it made me more tired.

Not that food is the cause of fatigue all the time. I have been doing a lot of overtime at work and this is a busy time in general which I think is causing me to be tired. I just like to nap on the weekends.. I love my sleep! I seem to have more energy on fasting days. Anyhow, this week is another busy week but then things will settle down a bit, I think.

I had bacon, butter, pork rinds today — kind of just munched all day long.

I am still working out 7 days a week, so things must be ok!

Still would love to hear about this questionnaire!

Fasting… thank you! Happy fasting to you too:)

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 115 total)

You must be logged in to reply.