First day of 5:2

This topic contains 7 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  fasting_me 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Hello, newbie here on another quest for weight loss and health.

I am on the first day of 5:2, sitting at my pc and feeling hungry. I know that the hunger wont last. I tried the 5:2 a while ago but was not really committed enough, and really struggled with keeping to the required daily calories. This time I am going to see if it is easier to just go without altogether.
    I have been also doing a 1pm – 7pm eating window over the last week and it has been fine (18:6 I suppose)but I am not sure if the two are practical as it makes it a long fast. I am just learning and I hope to find whatever works for me.

hi, i also started today..
    i live in the caribbean and its 12:47 pm …i already had two small meals
    gonna fast for the next five days and at the end that will be my day 2 of eating…

currently weighing 158..height 5ft 1′

Welcome, and all power to you.
    The best thing about 5:2 is that you are able to adjust it as you go along, until it fits nicely into your life and you know it will be sustainable.

RobN, a lot of people here find it easier to not eat at all on FD. Whatever gets you through the day! I almost always skip breakfast since I’ve never been a morning eater anyway. Eating about 200 calories around noon, usually soup or a can of tuna or pink salmon, and then doing a 300 calorie dinner. Drinking lots of water, black tea or coffee or carbonated 0 calorie beverages is very helpful, whether you eat on a FD or not. After a while you get so used to fasting that you hardly give it a thought. I usually eat the same thing every FD because they’re foods I like and they work to keep me feeling full.

Good luck to both of you. It gets easier as time goes on. I’ve done 2 FD a week since early last May. I haven’t missed one yet.

Hi Rob and welcome:

This thread will give you most of the information you need to know to be successful at 5:2: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

This is my first day sticking to the 500cal too. Previously made a lesser effort but always ended up eating about 800cal – not a disaster, but not 500 either. My plan today is to have a PLAN – okay, so it’s not rocket science, but it’s a first for me. My plan is to have plenty of things to do in the danger zone, which is 4-6pm for me. So I’m going to Bunnings to buy a yard broom and a mint plant. Then walk for 45 minutes. That’s it. That’s my plan – and my tip. Keep busy. So I’m off to Bunnings. Good luck.

Hello all its my first day on this Forum

im taking almost 1000 Cal approx daily, my weight is stuck in 105 KG
    im doing 1 hour gym + 1 hour walk and running almost 5 to 7 KM per day.

i gain my muscles and my shape becomes more better than past after these activities but my weight stuck on 105KG

i decrease my waist from 44 to 38 but from 117KG to 105 KG im stuck

can any body help me in this ??

Good start, RobN, bluanne, JuJubes! Do what works for you to lose weight and keep a thought to eating for the rest of your life. Once you reach your target weight, you will want to continue to Fast 1 or 2 days/week to maintain the weight loss. learn good behaviors now, as you lose.

JuJu — so smart about the distracting behaviors. Make plans like that for every Fast Day. When I started, I would paint the upstairs woodwork for 2 hours every day. Worked like a charm, since I couldn’t just put the wet paint brush down and go get a snack. Had to stay at it for 2 hours! Worked very well.

Lake Rock, are you Fasting or are you dieting? Fasting involves 1 or 2 days of calorie restriction. That means eating many fewer calories than you eat on other days. EX: 1800 calories most days but 500 calories on Fast Days. If you eat the same low amount of calories every day, you are not getting all the benefits of Fasting. Nor are you developing a sustainable set of behaviors which you can live with for the rest of your life. if you want to lose weight, try really Fasting. Also, what are you eating in your 1000 Calories? That makes a difference for weight loss. Nice improvement on waist measurement. Are you perhaps building muscle as you lose fat, thus not seeming to lose weight?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply.