First Day!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Josie87 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi. I have the books an recipes and today is my first Fast Day. Had my homemade muesli for brekkie and hoping to last through to dinner time tonight. Nervous.

I have resisted the biscuits!

Hide the biscuits.
    Eat eggs for brekkie to keep you full longer. We eat a full 300 cal for breakfast, such as this:

Parmesan-Chive Bake: 279 calories 7.5 g fat 3.7 g fiber 15 g protein 30 g carbs 275 mg Calcium PB GF While I was away for 10 days, Dear Husband invented this breakfast to take advantage of the fresh chives in the garden. Clever man.
    One 2-oz egg 1 Tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated 1 Tbsp fresh chives, chopped 1.5 tsp reduced-fat ricotta cheese 1 oz kiwi fruit 5-6 oz fruit smoothie or green smoothie or natural apple cider blackish coffee or blackish tea or lemon in hot water
    First set the toaster oven to 350 degreese F. My Dear Husband is the one who prepares the breakfasts. He says to start the coffee next and then to prepare the smoothie. Spritz a ramekin with oil or non-stick spray. Whisk the egg with the cheeses and chives and pour into the ramekin. Bake in the toaster oven at 350 degrees F. for 12-15 minutes, depending on how you like your eggs. Prepare the kiwi fruit, pour the beverages and have an easy day.

Then we have 300 calories for dinner, such as this recipe:

Greek Chicken Salad: 295 cal 12.8 g. fat 4.8 g fiber 23.7 g protein 26.5 g carb 240.3 mg Calcium PB GF This recipe was long ago clipped from a magazine and stored in the recipe file. When I saw it, I recognized that if most of the olive oil were removed, it would make a smashing Fast meal. We like this one a lot.
    1 and 1/2 oz chicken, roasted and shredded 1 and 1/2 c. shredded romaine or 3 oz salad greens 1/4 c garbanzo or small white beans 2 and 1/2 oz tomato chunks or 1 c cucumbers, cubed 3 black olives, pitted & sliced 1 oz feta cheese, crumbled 1 and 1/2 tsp lemon juice 1/2 tsp olive oil 1/2 tsp each of mint, oregano, parsley
    Prep the meat, greens, tomatoes, and olives as described. Measure the lemon juice, olive oil, and herbs into a salad bowl. Whisk together. Add the greens and toss to combine. Add the chicken, beans, tomato/cukes and toss gently. Top with the olives and feta.

Good luck, Claire Suzanne!

tomorrow is my first day at fasting. i feel nervous myself. I’m 30 years old and 130kg -_- so looking forward to what’s in store for me 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.