Finally below 200 pounds for the first time in 15 years!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
Finally below 200 pounds for the first time in 15 years!

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Cinque 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Hi to all!

I just had to share my happy weigh-in from today — after following the 5:2 process since May, I am now at 199 with a loss to date of 26.5 pounds!!! I am frankly THRILLED, and have learned so much about how my body handles different types of foods, etc. My progress has had it’s ups and downs, like everyone — days (and occasionally weeks) where I didn’t lose a single ounce, but I continue to stay with the program since it is clearly working. Best of all, my weight loss has been accomplished without special foods, no real dietary restrictions, no medications, and no extreme exercise. During those times I was discouraged, I would always turn to the posts and other information on this site for advice and words of wisdom, all of which provided me with the support I needed to stick with it. My goal is (and has been from the beginning) 180, and I know I can accomplish this. So, for anyone needing some encouragement today, this is why I am posting — it works, just pay attention to what your body is telling you during those times you feel discouraged, and try something different (like changing the fast / non-fast days, or, fasting for 3 days one week instead of 2). You can do it, and we’re all here to support you! Thanks for listening!

Cheers!
    Buddy

Woot! Congratulations!

Well done Buddy, that’s a wonderful milestone. πŸ˜€
    I’m so pleased that this way of eating is helping you get your weight down.

Well done on reaching such an important milestone, it won’t be long before you reach your goal.

You’ve posted a perfect description of how to succeed on 5:2, patience, perseverance, seeking advice when needed and most importantly paying attention, listening and learning from your body.

New fasters take note πŸ™‚

Well done @buddy. πŸ‘πŸΌLike you, this morning I’m at 198lbs, started in March at 242. I’ve never stuck to a diet for over 6 months. Still about 40 lbs to go for me but I’m over half way. Good luck to you😊. I echo everything you said about 5:2, it works just need to develop patience and faith. Onwards.

Woot to you too Saffy!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.