February's Small Group Accountability Challenge!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
February's Small Group Accountability Challenge!

This topic contains 140 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  WellMe 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 143 total)

• Good Monday to all FSGAC friends,
    Well – I am glad the weekend is over!!! I have also decided that I have not done as well, since I have not been writing down the foods that I am consuming. I was using myfitpal – but it scolded me when I was on my FD so I quit – and it certainly does not keep my as accountable. So – I am going to go back to it. I was up this am on the scale 3.4 lbs from the 1st day of the month – so not happy with myself. I need an attitude adjustment. I do not want to go so backwards! It is a busy month too – with company and birthdays..ugh!
    Looking forward to losing the 3+ lbs and more very quickly…
    Good Monday to all…

Good Morning!
    Went for a walk in the snow this morning and skipped workout. I’ll go tomorrow, my sister wants to start 5:2 so I sent her to this website and she ordered the book. I have also ordered the book for my daughters…NOT a birthday or Valentines Day gift…LOL

FD today – Monday, Wednesday, Friday

Will hop on scale tomorrow morning.

Embrace the day, we are ALIVE and MOVING!

Hey lovely people and Happy Monday.

Successful fast day yesterday πŸ™‚ however with the way this month is going I think I will settle for no weight gain, with my dad here last weekend and coming back this weekend (there’s pictures of all his walks being posted on Facebook, love him!), an array of dinner/lunch dates throughout the week and my sister coming to stay with me for 5 days next week I’m having a lot of fun but not much time for Fast Days! Things will be more routine in March so it’ll be full steam ahead.

I’m also experimenting with my cravings and how to get into long-term patterns. At the moment it looks as though if I allow myself a good quality treat but with dark chocolate instead of anything too sugary (a dark chocolate chunky cookie for example) I can retain self-control.

@smileycgirl yep Dennistoun is one of the nicer areas of the East End! Such a small world! Honestly I wouldn’t be safe with an individual pie maker in the house..

@wellme good luck with your FD’s πŸ™‚

@grins I know exactly what you mean, weekends suck don’t they?! I’m very well behaved during the week then the unpredictability of the weekend comes and my self control dissapears! Boo! Don’t be too discouraged.

@tanchora I’d always make space for you and never kick @lessofme34 out πŸ˜› How was the social element of dancing? I adored the social element of boxing and think that’s important for me. The circuits kicked butt though!

Hey @tiffoz of course, welcome πŸ™‚ could you provide your starting/ideal stats?

Hi @shelleydawn good job on the party πŸ™‚

@hippyhayles great update once again πŸ™‚

Updating:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tmXtHndcMTxRUwi69wcokgzFbtBYPz3GNzYf_O4XV1k/edit?usp=sharing

Day 4,5 – NFD
    Day 6 – FD
    Day 7 – NFD
    10k steps – 11 day streak

Had a pretty good weekend, nothing exciting going on though, just walks, a run, cleaning the house etc. Did some geocaching again for the first time in ages – it’s a good way to discover new places, and good for getting my steps up!

@xamos – Welcome back to the land of healthy people πŸ™‚ My pizza was super yummy, although it didn’t turn out quite as I expected… I decided to make the base as well, which I haven’t done in a long time (and last time I did it I used a bread maker). Because I wanted to make it healthier I changed the recipe around a bit, and used some linseeds and wholemeal flour instead of all white flour. Unfortunately the dough didn’t rise – I’m guessing this is why. But the flat bases were still yummy, which is the main thing!

@tiffoz – when I first started 5:2, I took my FDs as permission to eat whatever I wanted on NFDs. As a result I lost no weight at all (I was eating a lot of junk food on NFDs, so would have easily been making up my calorie deficit from the FDs). Now I still allow myself some treats on NFDs, but not entire packets of biscuits etc. I’m slowly losing weight – I know it would be faster if I cut out treats altogether, but I’m happy with slow, as long as the trend is down πŸ™‚

Hello FSGAC friends!
    Hope you are all well.

I am fasting today but have Miscalculated silly & had 880 calories! Feeling v full and nice! Oops! So this is a Half-fast day, it seems.

I weighed 56.2 kilos this morning on the dodgy scales. I decided to focus on the basic weight measurement, and forget about my fat % for the moment.

We were v busy over the weekend. Went to the cinema and saw a film called Split (horror/thriller) – really good! I snacked on nuts and vegetable crisps. And a naughty ice cream. I drank around 12 units of alcohol last week so I have been v good and there is now a little more money in my Drinks Savings Account.

FD 6 and 7 Feb. I decided to fast two days in a row. Tomorrow I will do a proper fast… It seems easier for me to fast on Mon and Tues.

@xamos I also like dark chocolate as a treat. I had some 85% chocolate today. Your family sound lovely.

What is your FB name @xamos, please? I will message you if that’s okay, so we can chat about property in Glasgow! I live near Saffron Walden which is an hour from London. It’s in Essex.

@wellme, the snow sounds lovely.

@grins I know what you mean as I went wrong today by being reluctant to write down what I was eating. So I will try to be diligent tomorrow. This is going to be a difficult week though… Due to various things.

@smileycgirl I imagine Canada is v nice and it’s currently my dream to go there.

@lessofme I hope the biz travel is as fun as poss.

@karlanz I bought li seeds too. I haven’t used them yet! May make healthy cookies.

Wishing all of you good luck.
    x

Day 6 NFD weight same as yesterday 173.9
    Did a little yoga today, 30 mins.
    Resisted the pie of the day I made for the family.
    Sorry super busy tonight.. chat more tomorrow.

Good morning from humid Perth!

We’re waiting for a big thunderstorm to hit and hopefully cool us down a bit!

@xamos. My current weight is 73.4kg and I’m heading for 68kg. I would like to lose 2.5kg this month.
    I’m 5’9 (171 cm)
    Are you a Real Estate Agent?

Yesterday was a FD and kept to 492 Calories but had to disappear to bed early when the family were eating fresh grapes after dinner. My stomache was rumbling and found it hard to fall asleep.

@karlanz. Thanks for your comments. I am being really careful on NFD and have cut out refined sugars and refined carbs so hoping to lose it a bit quicker. I’m too scared to let the snack food in because I don’t want to undo the work done on the FD!

Have a great day everyone.

@hippyhales. I joined the Facebook page through our family account so it shows as David Bray! I have just tried to add my Facebook account insteadπŸ˜„ As you can see – technology’s not my thing! Sorry!!

Morning everyone!

Days 4-6, 8-9: NFDs
    Days 7, 10: FDs

Lost a couple of pounds last week but the weekend was not very good. I have some mulled wine which tasted quite sweet. I am trying to stay off chocolate or anything sugary at the moment. I think it is going ok, the main thing for me is to get rid of that dependency / cravings.

Ready to go for it this week, zumba was cancelled yesterday, which was a shame.

@hippyhayles you’ll look great in your dress, you are doing so well with the weight loss! Not long to go now….

@xamos the social side was great, you are right. The most thing I miss about it is the stage! It can be addictive. I wish we had smartphones in those days, such great moments are lost and not captured anywhere.

Good luck everyone!

Hello my friends,

So yesterdays FD went really well. Managed 568 calories so happy with that and wont have a full meal until tonight, just 2 shakes and lots of water until then. I’m aiming for 1000kcal a day now on my NFD until 3rd march (my hen party) so hopefully will help give me a boost. We shall see when I weigh on Sunday. Didn’t weigh this weekend as I was fully off plan!

@grins I use MFP and on my FD I just add enough at the end of the day to up it too 1000 so it will actually log it for me, but I know in my head I haven’t eaten those calories, do what works for you

@wellme yes, we are all alive and moving, something we should be grateful for even tho we have struggle we should still be happy! Well said!!

@xamos Sounds like your having the best times at the moment! Don’t be so hard on yourself, sometimes you have to enjoy the moment and worry after. Your family will not be here for ever so make as many memories as you can. Im oddly craving walkers cheese and onion crisps today! Not even a cheesy kinda girl but dam…. I want them! I may treat myself to a bag when I get home. Dark chocolate is the way! you only need a little before you don’t want any more due to the high coca. March is DEFINITELY your month!

@karlanz We have done some geocaching here but it mostly seems like we live near idiots and they have been moved so we spend hours looking for something that isn’t even there!! Its good fun tho when you do find them. Great family time.

@smeagle well done on lowing the drinks and making some good choices on the snacks. Every little helps with lowing the calories so I wouldn’t worry too much about going over a little. I feel your pain on the dodgy scales! Buy some new ones ;0

@smileycgirl well done on resisting those pies, we have a lovely pie shop near us and I find it so hard to resist when I walk past. I have to not go in if the fella and daughter go in. I swear I would end up jumping behind the counter and I would literally end up lying in the pies eating them all haha

@tiffoz Well done for an amazing FD!! If you find it easy to not have the snacks then do what’s best for you! Don’t let those bad habits undo all the good your doing!

@tanchora Those cravings will never go (sorry) but if your like me you just have to learn to not binge on what’s bad for you. Try what @xamos is doing and stick to high coco content, you eat a lot less! Yes not long now at all until my wedding! I’m getting a tad excited about it all now!

Long post but thought id reply to you all as we are doing amazing!!!

GOOD AFTERNOON!

NFD
    155.6#
    HIIT this morning
    Feeling good though yesterday afternoon was challenging. The time between 2:00pm and 5:00 pm seem to be most difficult.

Thanks for the encouragement, working to get below 155#…

Hello!

I just have to say that I really enjoy reading all of the posts and encouragement even though I am not a prolific poster myself.

Yesterday was a FD for me and I have to say that I am proud of myself! The hubs wanted to go out for Taco Monday and I stayed home with the baby and stuck to my fast. He said he was proud of me and how hard I have been working on my fasting.

I really hope to lose some more weight and body fat. I have been Googling healthy waist and subcutaneous fat versus visceral fat for the past 30 minutes.

I know I need to lose weight but am so discouraged by my middle. I can pinch so much fat and skin and just don’t know how much is my diet and lifestyle or if any is related to having four big babies in seven years. Probably a combination of both. I am just tired of my squishy belly making my children giggle. πŸ™‚

Oh well, I try to tell myself that children love the softness of their mother and I don’t think it bothers the hubs that much either. I remember Michael Mosley losing visceral fat on the documentary. That is my aim because I know it is so unhealthy.

Also, I am proud to say that my alcohol consumption was much lower this past week. Partly due to a cold, but I am trying to break a bad habit of having a few glasses of wine each night.

So, there we go. In vino, veritas. (I am on my second glass tonight.)

Hey lovely people.. second fast day yesterday and I did so well until half way where I wobbled a bit.. I feel as though i’m somewhat giving myself this month off as I have so many social things coming up. My sister leaves next Sunday (19th) so i’ll have a week left of properly focused February before a great March.

@karlanz I’ve just looked up Geocaching and it looks so good! Definitely going to give it a try, never heard of it before. I’ve also got some whole linseeds.. no idea what to do with them!

@smeagle don’t worry I had a half FD too πŸ™‚ absolutely a message would be great, my name is “Jenn Quinnell”, here’s a link incase you can’t find me: https://www.facebook.com/jenn.quinnell I come from about 20 minutes outside of Hastings in East Sussex πŸ™‚ beautiful part of the world.

@smileycgirl great job on resisting the pie of the day!

Hey @tiffoz nope not an estate agent just own a property and looking to grow a portfolio, @smeagle is interested in investing in a similar area πŸ™‚ well done for resisting, more power to you.

@tanchora oh I get you with the performance side too, what a rush. I also have a terrible sweet tooth and really struggle with it sometimes. I’m the kind of person that would rather skip the main course and go straight to dessert!

@hippyhayles Thank you so much for your kind words πŸ™‚ you’re completely right, while my health and weight are important so are my family and I deserve a few weeks off to spend quality time with them and have some fun. Hope you treated yourself to that bag of crisps πŸ˜‰

@wellme great job for making it through the tough afternoon, I think we all have slightly differing times where things can get tricky. I personally always have cravings in the evening.

@shelleydawn really glad you’re enjoying the group, that’s what we’re here for! πŸ™‚ amazing job on the self control, you’re doing great. What kind of stuff did you find out about subcutaneous fat versus visceral fat?

Updating:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tmXtHndcMTxRUwi69wcokgzFbtBYPz3GNzYf_O4XV1k/edit?usp=sharing

@xamos

So excited to see this February group! Is there still room for one more? I would love to get back into it.I forgot my lunch today so figured no time like the present to jump in with a FD.

πŸ™‚

Whoop WHOOP!
    FAST DAY & weight is down below 155# Actual 154.6# this morning! This is a huge milestone for me.
    Day 8 this month, just returned from HIIT!

Hope everyone has a GREAT DAY!

Day 8 – NFD
    10k steps – 12 day streak

Weighed myself yesterday morning, and have lost a kilo in the first week of the month! Very exciting, as my goal for the whole month is 2kgs πŸ™‚

The plan is for a FD today, and now I’ve written it done I have to do it!

@smeagle, @xamos – linseeds go well in bread-type things, and I think they’re also good to sprinkle on cereal (not that I’ve tried this, but it’s what I’ve been told). Mine are ones mum bought, and then didn’t use, so putting them in the pizza base was a bit of an experiment. It tasted good, even if the base didn’t rise! (I think I put in too many linseeds.)

@hippyhayles – yes, I imagine it would be a great family activity. Some of the caches I’ve found would be much easier to get to if you’ve got little people with you! Such a shame if you’ve got caches that aren’t actually there though πŸ™

@xamos – geocaching is good fun, but be warned, some of the caches can be very tricky to find (in my experience anyway). They do let you know things like container size on each cache’s page, so I’d start off looking for larger containers – or at least not the tiny ones, that can be anywhere!

Hey @willworkforhealth! Great to have you back! Yep we’re all keeping the flag flying! Of course there’s always room for you, how are you doing? As I said before if you want to take over at any time just let me know, I’m loving looking after the spreadsheet though so I’m more than happy to continue! What’re your goals for the month? πŸ™‚

@wellme Amazing what fantastic news! Go you! Whoop Whoop!

@karlanz amazing progress well done πŸ™‚ I have a feeling i’m going to give my linseeds to my colleague to bake something with.. she loves looking up all different recipes and always makes great stuff. My flatmate also bought home a huge bag of apples from work so maybe apple and linseed cookies? Yum. I can imagine geocaching can often be the victim of tampering! It’d be interesting just to have a variety of locations to walk to anyway even if there’s no prize at the end πŸ™‚

Updated:

Hello friends,

Well what a morning, how many times have we all thought ” I wish I could wake up thin tomorrow?” Well for me, that day has arrived this morning, I know I’ve lost weight, I look thinner and my clothes are now way to big. I’ve just not “felt” thinner. However, this morning I woke up, looked at myself in the mirror and actually felt AND looked thinner. What an amazing feeling!! I cant wait for my weigh in on Sunday! I haven’t weighed since the 1st so it will be good to see what I’ve managed to achieve!

@wellme Well done sounds like you’ve got this in the bag!! Keep going!!

@shellydawn I am the exact same, carry most of my weight in the middle. I only have one child and she’s 15 next month so cant blame the kids. Alcohol is my biggest downfall. I am a classic binge drinker! However I’m not having a drink not until 3rd march so I’m hoping for some great results by then! Good luck with the next few days.

@xamos Yes, I had some crisps at the weekend, some lovely Aldi ones, duck and something, they were yummy! So glad to hear that your embracing the time with your family. I was very close to loosing my dad a few years ago and it really hit home to me that I would struggle to cope without him. Hence why I HAVE to loose this weight. I don’t want to put my daughter through that because I couldn’t loose weight due to being lazy and not caring. Can you up date me please FD were Mon, Wed and will be tomorrow.

@willworkforhealth Welcome back, great group your started and @xamos has been doing a great job on your behalf!

@karlanz Yes, once you have said your doing something DO IT! I used to lack in this, more a lack in commitment than anything, I have seen the error of my ways and if I say I’m doing something I do it! This month is all yours go get it!!

Happy Thursday people the weekend is nearly here, does anyone have any nice plans for it?? I am going to my wedding venue to confirm all the final details!!! Oh and I have to go shopping for new clothes as nothing fits me anymore, another great moment! 2017 is defiantly MY year so far after a few really crappy ones.

xx

Hi FSGAC friends!
    Nearly Friday!
    I met my goal of 56 kilos yesterday So I adjusted my goal to 55.5 kilos.
    today I am 55.8 kilos.
    @grins and @shellydawn and @wellme, Super Bowl Sunday sounds fun! Did you see the awful tweets about Lady Gaga, criticising her for having the tiniest bit of belly fat ever when actually she looked great! I am self-critical, which may be okay since this is about how I want to be. Also it’s not just about weight and appearance it is about health. As well as heart disease and diabetes we have the dreaded dementia in my family so I have reasons to be concerned.
    @hippyhales glad things are going well and I am sure you will look your absolute best at your wedding. I am a binge drinker too and save my 14 units to have in two days. Since I am calorie counting I still get to feel tipsy! I have to remind myself that it is not okay to drink in order to get drunk …
    @xamos thanks for your FB details, I will message you. Also this week my FDs were 6&7 Feb, which is different from what I said before. I will try to stick to Mon And Tues fasts because it gets it over with!

@shelleydawn the fat around my middle is my issue too. my scales say My visceral fat is low but I don’t trust it because they give variable readings depending how I use them. Also, if you are hung- over and dehydrated the body fat % decreases, which can’t be true can it!
    I love junk food too but try to indulge at the weekend only or when on hols. I like cheese and chocolate especially. I am not really into potato chips or other fried food unless it’s fried cheese…
    @tiffoz I ate 1350 cal on my NF day and plan to have 1200 – 1300 if poss. The 8 week blood sugar diet sounds interesting, hadn’t heard of it.
    On FD this week I ate too much, 950 cal and 750 cal. Supposed to be 500!

I cannot replace these scales as they are my partner’s and he likes them. They are Omron Body Fat analyser scales and supposedly the best. I could buy my own but seems a bit wasteful, I’d rather save for a holiday.

@karlanz I will put the li seeds in an apple crumble or something. I never eat cereal or bread nowadays. Our family like plain white bread without seeds so I can’t use it in our bread maker. Perhaps I will sprinkle them on yoghurt.

Have read all your posts, sorry for not mentioning everyone, good luck with your FDs.

x

Hello everyone,
    Well I weighed this morning and am down to 72.5 kg which is awesome. I know it’s just because I fasted yesterday and it will be up tomorrow after eating normally! Too scared to weigh on the normal day ( Saturday morning) because I’m doing a roast lamb tomorrow night and that will show Saturday! It’s sooo not fair😝
    @smeagle Thanks for your comments. That’s what I’m doing and seem to be having good results though I’m off to Bali in a couple of weeks so we’ll see if I can maintain it! The 8 week blood sugar diet is Michael Moseley’s newest thing but mainly aimed at those with or bordering on diabetes. The idea is to cut back to 800 calories/ day to drop weight quickly and rebalance sugar levels before maintaining on the 5:2 or 6:1. It’s not bad short term and I’m enjoying the recipe book but I don’t have a lot to lose ( another 4 kilos) so should be able to do the 5:2.
    I think I have read every similar weight loss/ healthy eating book in the last month. I could be a Doctor with the amount of study I’ve done! It sounds so easy…,why do I love food and wine so much?!!!

This seems like a very motivated group with impressive progress!

@xamos thank you for all your great work in carrying this on. I am quite content to remain a participant and super happy to join back in.

My goal for the month is to lose one pant size. I am fasting on Wednesdays only because I find that maintaining energy for the gym is critical in my quest to lose inches. I’m happy to have this accountability. Hope everyone has a great day moving towards their goals!

Good Morning ALL!
    NFD & really want oatmeal it’s funny the things I want to eat on these days.
    Down .8# so total of 19.2# !!!

I have discovered Starbucks Petite Vanilla Bean Scones 120 calories ($1 each if you buy 3) and SO YUMMY! Not to sound like the Food Channel but they are much better than the standard scone at 430 calories (dried out and huge).

I am so encouraged by everyone’s success, KUDOS to ALL!

@smeagle Yes, saw the Gaga half time and have seen her struggle with weight at times; although she is young and very fit now. Hard to not be fit while dancing AND breathing well enough to sing!

I am currently planning a 80th Birthday Party for my Dad and my sisters are fighting…sheesh! We are planning to eat at an Italian restaurant…pasta, Caesar Salad, Dessert…oh well, it’s next month and I can plan ahead to eat correctly AND still have a glass of wine.

Question: Perhaps the “chart” should show FD, NFD and how much we have lost or gained each day? Just one more way to be accountable?

Have a great DAY stay strong and drink more water than you ever have!

Good morning FSGAC friends,
    Help…I am struggling to stay in the game! I don’t know why I am having such a hard time this month wrapping my head around it! My fast day on Tuesday was so..so, I started pretty well, but by late afternoon evening..I just failed…probably a 900 cal day maybe more, still not writing down. Today – I have 2 sick teenagers at home – so I am playing nurse. It is a fast day – but when I made pancakes for the one that would eat…I had a little.
    @Hippy…ok – your post has definitely encouraged me, thank you and great job!
    @Willwork….glad you are with us this month…@xamos has done a fantastic job and we have a fab group for sure!!!
    @smeagle – great job, I thought gaga looked great as well and loved her tummy!

@wellme – great job.
    Love all the posts from everyone and I promise I am going to have a good day the rest of the day and month…getting my head into this game!!!!
    I don’t remember who said – if I say I’m going to do it, I do it..that is how I usually am – so I am going to do this….!!!

Day 9 – FD
    Day 10 – NFD
    10k steps – 13 day streak

Didn’t have too much trouble with my FD yesterday, which was nice πŸ™‚ Having the weekend off (I find it hard to fast in the weekend), so Monday will probably be my next FD.

@xamos – linseed and apple cookies sound yum! And you’re right – I’m using geocaching as a way to keep motivated for my steps (as well as reporting my streak to this group). I think it’s making a big difference, I’ve certainly lost more weight than I expected this past week. Might even lower my overall goal if it stays this easy!

@smeagle – apple crumble also sounds like a great idea for the linseeds!

@hippyhayles – good work! I’m sure cutting down on alcohol or cutting it out entirely for a while will be a big help in getting the weight off and keeping it off. I don’t drink much any more since I discovered years ago all the empty calories in booze… I’ll still enjoy a few drinks for dinners out etc, but definitely less than I used to.

@grins – you can do it! If you kept yourself to 900cals, that’s still pretty good πŸ™‚

Good morning everyone,
    Well the rain has come that we were expecting but now it won’t stop! Crazy in the middle of summer. No walk for the dog again today but I have jumped on the treadmill for the past two days and made my 10,000 steps. After returning from a trek to Everest Base Camp 3 weeks ago , I’ve been seeing a physio for my knees so just gently easing back into excercise.
    I weighed in at 72.6 kg today which is great. Only 0.1 more than the day before which came of a FD. I had wine last night and a fairly large dinner though I was careful during the day.

@grins You can do it! It’s always harder when other people are around. I had to go to bed at 8:30pm on my last fast day because my family were all eating grapes watching TV and I couldn’t stand to watch them!

Hello FSGAC friends,

So, on Monday I had my OH weigh me and not tell me my weight, I couldn’t bare seeing if or what damage my weekend had done, my weekend off plan made me put on 2lb which wasn’t too bad, I thought it would be less but never mind. Its shown me how easy it is to undo all my hard work. I’ve worked extra hard this week, keeping my NFD to around 1000 and my FD to around 600, I wasn’t going to weigh until Sunday but I couldn’t resist this morning and I’ve lost the 2lb I gained plus 2lb more. Happy but annoyed at the same time as that could have been 4 off. I shall weigh again on Sunday and hope there is another lb or so gone! Its given me the boost I need to stay on track now and I’m finally in the right mind to cut the booze and work hard for the next few weeks. I’m now starting to try and think what I’m going to look like on wedding pictures(slight panic mode). Something I haven’t done since getting my dress!

@smeagle yes it’s good to remember that you don’t have to drink to get drunk, however I struggle with that so its either all or nothing for me. At the moment I’m choosing the nothing option!

@wellme that restaurant sounds like heaven to me! I don’t think I could resist all the yummy treats, and of course i’d no doubt wash them all down with a full bottle of vino.

@willworkforhealth That’s a great goal for the month! Good luck I’m sure you can do it!!

@grins Now come on you! You can do this, don’t be so defeatist. Looking after ill kids will take its toll but remember to make those good choices. I have started to ask myself “why am I eating this” each time I want something bad for me. I say “are these calories worth it” “will I enjoy it that much or will I feel bad after” every time I know I will feel bad and now I make a choice NOT to eat it. Get your head in the game and remember we are here for you!!! 900kcal is still amazing, so don’t beat yourself up, that’s where the vicious circle starts and you will just binge on junk. It’s still a lot less than you need so ANY deficit in calories is good.

@karlanz yes lots of empty calories, I just really struggle at the weekends to not have some. I have to stay busy and make sure I have to drive somewhere to ensure that I don’t drink. I’m working overtime this weekend and working 7 days so not a chance I can drink. So bonus for me, more money and no empty calories from booze.

@tiffoz wow sounds like a lot of rain! Well done for doing your steps tho, sounds like some serious commitment from you. Keep it up!

@xamos can you update me please FD was Wednesday, Thursday and Friday this week. Going for it this week to shift those extra pounds!

Happy Friday people, have a great weekend!! xx

Morning all πŸ™‚ crazy day at work yesterday and another one planned for today.. I weighed myself and I’m not telling anyone what it said!! πŸ™ gonna have to be a quick update I think so forgive me if my replies are a bit short!

@hippyhayles glad you had a treat and still get to spend quality time with your family πŸ™‚ i’m looking forward to enjoying lots more with mine. All updated now. I’m sure we’re all just as excited as you to see wedding pics πŸ™‚

@smeagle no problem looking forward to having a chat πŸ™‚

@tiffoz great job, I also hate weighing on a normal day and I’ve had a few of them in a row today and it wasn’t fun!

@willworkforhealth it really is a lovely group thankyou for starting it πŸ™‚ i’ll update the spreadsheet for you.

@wellme I know what you mean about your taste buds changing.. back when I was doing ADF last month my cravings were definitely beginning to change. Not sure about the weight each day and I know not many of us weigh every single day.. what does everyone else think? Happy to add it in if there’s a consensus.

@grins I know what you mean.. as i’ve mentioned previously i’ve practically given myself most of this month off but i’m getting frustrated with feeling tubby.. one more week of social occasions and i’m back in the game!

@karlanz awesome πŸ™‚ sounds like you’ve got this cracked now!

Updated:

Im happy to have my weight included so that its logged on here. I don’t weight every day tho but I do sometime weight more than once a week just to keep track. Bad I know but I do….

Good Morning!

Just back from HIIT, almost in the shower. Heading to Austin tomorrow for a week. Planning to work out and try MWF~FD while out of town…pray for me!

Today is FD
    Yesterday’s weight was 153.8# Hard to believe down 19.3# overall!!!
    I’ll get on the scale tomorrow morning.

Will try to check in next week! Good luck to ALL!

Good morning All,

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! Apologies for being incommunicado for some long, returned home from 10-day business travel Friday afternoon and was thrilled to be reunited with my beautiful and amazing wife! Exercise was decent while on travel (ran 13 miles last week but last weight training was Monday) but eating was so-so, not much snacking and quantities were good (actually made a lot of progress in that regard) but lots of rich foods for lunch and/or dinner most days (plus probably averaged 2-2.5 glasses of wine per night!). Don’t have as much alcohol at home (last drink was Thursday night on travel). Got back on track with MFP yesterday, went to movies with my wife (no food at the cinema) and ran a painfully slow 5 miles (10:50 pace) yesterday late afternoon despite decent temperatures. Looking forward to church this morning and planning to continue with MFP today but eat closer to daily calorie targets today and will get in some weight training today. Will step on scale tomorrow morning (expect to be up) but glad to be home and get back on track.

Wow, what amazing results from so many folks this morning!

@hippyhales – wonderful, just wonderful on your success!!! Scales are fine but clothes can really paint a picture and mirrors are obviously…revealing!! So excited for your success and nice adjustment on your alcohol intake. Have you thought about any non-food rewards for your success? Again, congratulations and keep it up!!

@smeagle – wow, another success story – congrats on having a great February!!

@xamos – so glad your feeling better and hope you can give yourself a pass for this month. Any strategies for “breaking even” the rest of the month? No weight gain during less controlled eating environments (including holidays) can be a major win!!! In addition to not gaining weight, these are great practice for “how do I eat the rest of my life and not gain weight?” While I’ve made major progress on that front at home and with personal travel, definitely still struggling with business travel (although I’ve developed some much better habits). Hope you enjoy the journey and thanks so much for leading this group πŸ™‚

@wellme – congrats on your results so far! Awesome that you do HIIT, i tend to just do steady/classic jogging and upper body weight training but have read so many good things about HIIT. I did it once a few years ago (sprint/walk/jog) but have been a baby about doing it again! Have fun in Austin (great town)!

@karlanz – great results as well and awesome streak with steps!

@grins – great sentiment and I’m with you in looking to get February jump started!

Hi everyone,
    Well, the weekend is over and I’m feeling heavier than I should so will leave the scales til later in the week. I cooked a really delicious roast lamb on Friday night and whilst I didn’t over indulge in food ( coming off a FD), I did have 2 rather large glasses of wine. I fasted again on Saturday but the scales haven’t come down much!
    I had “home opens “yesterday and today so feeling exhausted. It’s our 18th anniversary tomorrow , followed by Valentine’s Day, so no fasting until Wednesday. I need to re-focus and keep up the hard work until holidays!
    Have a great start to the week everyone.

Hi FSGAC friends
    And happy Monday to you all.
    The weekend was a time of indulgence as usual. I was a little stressed so drank around 20 units of alcohol since Friday.
    13 and 14 Feb are FD. We decided to postpone Valentine’s Day until later this week. We have unexpected got extra child care duties and it’s half term. Severely tempted to reach for a bottle of wine.
    Still, Feeling lucky because everything is going well.

@tiffoz I hope you are having a lovely anniversary!
    @lessofme thanks, you sound as if your time away went well diet wise.
    @wellme, you are so energetic! Well done with the workouts.
    @hippyhales and @xamos, I am not keen to record a daily weight as I know it fluctuates and is sometimes a little depressing. I make entries on the ‘tracker’ page sometimes. If I have a binge I put an entry on there to shock myself!
    @xamos that’s how I feel, I may weigh myself but I won’t tell if it’s discouraging. Tomorrow on my second FD I expect a reasonable result and I will tell you then -;)
    Have a lovely week lovely people!
    x

Hi Everyone,

I’m brand new on here (week 1, FD 1) and I’ve really enjoyed reading through this post.
    I know it’s too late to join Feb’s accountability challenge, but I’d really like to join for March.

Great work everyone.

Today is a FD. Not sure of weight – my scale needs a new battery but I wasn’t very good this weekend. It was my birthday! Cupcakes, wine, beer…and now Girl Scout cookies at our house. Oh my.

I wanted to share with you all my favorite healthy cooking website. Skinnytaste.com

I have made tons of recipes on her and love them all. My family does, too. Last Thursday I made the Turkey Chili for dinner with half a baked potato and it was delicious and very filling. I recommend!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/loaded-turkey-chili-baked-potato/

I am going to a BodyPump class this morning evening though I am fasting so wish me luck! Take care all!

Shelley

Hey lovely FSGAC people πŸ™‚ gutted to say I’ve come down with something again.. think it must have been from a friends birthday party at the weekend. Gah here we go again.. trying to rest and nip it in the bud before my sister gets here on Wednesday! What a month!

@wellme best of luck with your travel πŸ™‚ let us know how you’re getting on if you can!

Hello @lessofme34 glad you’re back we’ve all missed you! Glad to hear things are getting back on track. Yes i’m afraid to say I’m definitely not anywhere near maintenance mode.. I’ll need to make a game plan for when that time comes around so all of my hard work isn’t undone!

@tiffoz roast dinner sounds yummy πŸ™‚ hope you have a lovely week.

@smeagle yes tell us after a couple of fast days! I’m at least 1kg up from starting weight.. I could cry!

Hey @angela80 welcome πŸ™‚ I can always pop you onto this months spreadsheet if you like? Wont be any trouble πŸ™‚

@shelleydawn happy birthday! Hope you had a great day. Definitely going to check out some recipes, thanks! Let us know how you get on in your class πŸ™‚

Updating:

Hey @xamos thanks for the reply.

That would be great if you don’t mind. Starting weight 173lbs. Ideal weight 160lbs.
    End of month goal 170lbs.

I’m fasting today, and due to prior social plans, will be fasting again tomorrow- As I have things going on every other day this week.

I’m sorry to hear that you are unwell. I really hope you feel better before your sister comes. πŸ™‚

Thanks for the welcome.

Day 11, 12 – NFD
    Day 13 – FD
    Day 14 – NFD
    10k steps – 16 day streak

Morning all πŸ™‚ I’ve been finding it harder to get my steps done over the last few days – yesterday I really only got it done because I knew I was reporting to you guys! The support is muc appreciated – just being accountable to someone other than myself really helps.

A FD yesterday, which didn’t go too badly – it will be interesting to weigh myself tomorrow morning and see how I’ve done this week. I’ve done less walking than the previous week, so I’m guessing I’ll only have lost a small amount.

In terms of weighing daily and recording it – I do tend to weigh most mornings, but it fluctuates heaps, depending on where in the week I am (before a FD, after a FD). So I only record weekly – I’m hoping that way it shows genuine weight lose, rather than just variations.

@xamos – so sorry to hear you’re coming down with something again. I’ve had winters like that (I think you’re northern hemisphere?), and they’re miserable. Rest up, and I hope you feel better soon!

Hello FSGAC friends…
    Well, the weekend is over and I am happy to say that I did not gain! I did not lose either, I am unhappy to say that I am still 1 lb heavier than the start of the month. It is a FD today – and I am doing..ok – had a big salad for lunch and some smoked salmon on it – so I think it was a little over in the calories..but it was delicious!
    My FD this week are today and Wednesday. Then we have tons of things going on for the weekend again – so will do my best to maintain!
    @angela80 – welcome!
    @xamos – sorry you are not feeling perfect again – that makes it hard sometimes to eat right – but sometimes it makes it easier not to eat as well. Hope you feel better fast so that you can enjoy your time with your sister!
    @shelly = Happy Belated Birthday!!!!!
    @smeagle – hang in there, but I get the wanting to reach for the wine!!! I had a bloody Mary yesterday!
    @lessofme – glad you are back at home – very nice! Please greet your lovely and amazing wife -from your group!
    @wellme – good luck on your travel days!
    @Hippy – just happy for your success!! I love the photos on FB, of your differences, you look great! Keep it up, you will be a most beautiful bride!!!
    Good luck this week everyone!!!!!

Good morning everyone,
    FD today which is necessary after our anniversary yesterday! Decided to stay home and just had take away Chinese being a Monday night. We shared a bottle of MoΓ«t and then I also had a glass of wine with dinner. All those delicious calories are not going to be kind on the scales!
    Anyway, back to the soda water with lemon for me. Bali holiday 1 week away and I will be seen in bathers! Should be motivation enough!!

@ smeagle- I find not having the evening wine the challenge too! There’s always someone popping in and it’s normal to relax and have a glass. We’re in the middle of summer so there’s lots of socialising.
    Thanks for the anniversary wishes!

@xamos- I hope you are feeling better. There’s nothing worse than the mind being willing but the body not being able!

@hippy- I can’t believe how far you’ve come. Your before and after photos are awesome!

@angela80- welcome, I’ve only recently joined too!

Have a great day everyone. When my stomache is rumbling later it will be comforting to remember I’m not fasting on my own!

Morning everyone.

Days 11-14 & 16: NFDs.
    Days 15, 17: FDs.

Last week and the weekend was not good. More news about my mother’s health and my cold didn’t help.

I’ve decided that there will be no more treats, not even at the weekend from now on. Too close to the holiday time.

Zumba is on plan this week, that’s good!

Good luck to everyone.

hey people,

So after a great weigh in on Saturday i’ve had an awful weekend! I had way too much alcohol (I really need to stop these binges) and eat nothing. Sunday I was ill and I continued to feel ill yesterday too. Saturday/Sunday I eat hardly anything and then yesterday ate my weight in toast loaded with butter to try and feel better. Didn’t work and now I have a sick daughter to look after too. I also got on the scales this morning and ive gained 5lbs!!!! I seriously could cry right now, I know this is from the weekend and mainly water weight and stodge from yesterday but I really am disappointed in myself.

I need to remember how I feel each time I get on the scales after a weekend of drinking. This weekend will be a dry weekend those as we have plans with family that mean I will be driving.

Sounds like everybody else is doing well at the moment and im just feeling crap today.

Ive read all the posts but just don’t feel like doing individual responses sorry. Bad day for me

@xamos FD this week is tue,wed,thur,fri – I will loose those 5lbs!!

Hi FSGAC friends,
    My weight results this morning are up to 56.4. I’m hoping for a better result tomorrow.
    I stuck to the fast yesterday and had maybe 600 calories. So I am hoping it’s just water πŸ˜‰

What helps me is to plan what I will eat in advance. Then try to stick to it! Yesterday I was tempted by a couple of squares of dark choc and I gave it. It is so delicious! Today I will have plain cottage cheese with chopped onion salt and pepper, plus a large plate of veggies with mozzarella and garlic oil.

@hippyhales, toast and butter is delicious comfort food. I am thinking about this now and salivating!!
    Sorry though to hear about your situation and I sympathise. I have no doubt that tomorrow or Thursday I am going to open a bottle of French rose! It’s because we normally would have Friday to ourselves but now I have to drive two hours, acting as a taxi service.

@tanchora I hope your mum’s situation improves. This sounds v difficult.

@tiffoz your celebrations sound ideal. I love summertime. Yesterday we had a lovely starry sky and an enormous pink moon. How beautiful the world is.

Have a great week everyone.

x

Happy Valentines day everyone πŸ™‚ funny how much things can change in a year, last Valentines I was practically engaged but this year it’s just me. Will be glad to have my sister here tomorrow.

I’ve also managed to postpone a work trip I was meant to go on due to my cold but i’m not sure how happy my boss is about my cancelling it.. oops..

@pollyanna24 and @analana are you still with us?

@angela80 no problem πŸ™‚ thank you for your sympathy and well wishes!

@karlanz yep i’m in the UK.. i’ve actually managed to dodge cold/flu season for a good few years so I think i’m getting my fair share all in one go..

@grins thank you πŸ™‚ glad your weekend went well.

@tiffoz you must be getting very excited for your holiday now!

@tanchora I hope your mother’s okay, take care of yourself πŸ™‚

@hippyhayles don’t be hard on yourself πŸ™‚ you will lose those 5 and more, we all love you!

@smeagle yum that meal sounds good!

Hope we all have a lovely day πŸ™‚

Updating:

Happy Valentines Day to all…FSGAC friends!
    I am happy to say…I was finally below my starting weight for the month today! I had just an OK FD yesterday, as my daughters Volleyball team is selling chocolate bars and everyone was talking about how good they are…so guess what…I tried them and yes…they are quite good! But I am happy today considering. Now, it is Valentines Day and since I have a valentine who is awesome – we will be going out for dinner and some wine tonight…which is fine and I will not worry about it -as the next day is another FD!
    @xamos – life can change in an instant either way – I really got together with my husband, who was an old friend from way back…was never a boyfriend, but we hung out sometimes, and 30 years later, we met up again and 2 months later we engaged and I moved from AZ to MN and here we are! That being said…I once wrote a “Love list” many years ago, while still married to my x, thinking maybe he would turn into the person I was writing my list about…the end result is that my husband is the 70+ items on my list!!!! True Story!

@smeagle…planning…it is what I have NOT been doing this month and it has showed big time!!! I am going to jump on the PLAN game with tomorrow’s fast!!!
    @Hippy…hopefully, you will bounce back quickly from your weekend – I know you will and hope that you and your daughter feel better fast!
    @tanchora – hope your mother will be ok.
    @karlanz – I was tracking my steps all through January and have let that fall too this month…I am going to get back on with that too..
    I don’t know why I let things go this month – but I am going on a ski trip in march and really need my ski pants to fit better!!!
    So – planning, walking, Oh and someone mentioned no treats…I need to do that too!
    Have a happy hearts day everyone…if you don’t have a significant other…give a valentine to someone that needs it today!

Good afternoon, and happy valentines day all!

Thanks @xenos for adding me onto the spreadsheet, and thank you @grins and @tiffoz for the mention.

So my very first FD went very well. I stuck at 250 cals throughout the day, hit the gym after work, and upset my husband by only eating the veg from the diner he made me!

Today has not been so successful. I did spinning first thing this morning and held out until 11 before I just had to eat a banana as I couldn’t concentrate. then I ate soup for lunch and my appetite went into overdrive. So today has now turned into NFD. Which, actually, I’ll cope with, as it’s valentines day and he’s making me a special dinner apparently.

I’ll not get a chance to fast again this week, but I’m exercising lots and counting calories, so I’m not discouraged. I’ll manage 2 FD’s next week- when the kids are back at school.

<3

Afternoon,

Well im feeling better than I did this morning. My day has been good and ive stuck to my FD so far. Hoping to have an early night (ALONE) tonight as I have a very long day ahead tomorrow at work.

@smeagle weighing daily WILL make your see your weight fluctuations. Try not to do it! Yes, toast is just THE best!! Enjoy the wine at the weekend, have one for me please.

@xamos Life can throw some massive curve balls at times. I never thought id meet anybody after being a single mum for 9 years and then my OH just swept me off my feet. Stuff the trip, your health is important and work will always be there tomorrow. Thanks for your fab support! Certainly makes me feel loads better!

@grins All I can say is you sound just so totally in love! Its so nice to hear! Enjoy your lovely night with your awesome better half

@angela80 Hiya, well done on your very first FD, however I would like to raise a slight concern, please do not over do the exercise on a FD. You still need fuel for exercise so I would try and keep your FD for minimal things if possible. Also you can put your body into starvation mode in some cases where too much exercise and not enough calories. The then totally defeats the whole thing as your body stores everything you eat. Good luck tho and we are all here if you need any advice

Have a lovely night groupies and happy Valentines day xxx

Day 14, 15 – NFD

Well I’m afraid my step streak went out the window yesterday πŸ™ however, I’m going to make sure I’m back doing my 10k steps today!

Weighed myself this morning, and I’m 0.3kgs lighter than last week – looks like those steps really do make a difference (my average this week is about half last week’s average). However, still in the right direction, so that’s all good. Also lost another half cm of my waist, and am very pleased with that!

Good morning Friends,

Happy Wednesday! Had a wonderful Valentine’s Day with my beautiful and awesome wife – was really pleased with my eating at dinner (very small bit of bread, 4 scallops with a tiny portion of crab meat accompanying the scallops, mashed potatoes (reasonable amount), sautΓ©ed spinach, and shared a side of roasted Brussels sprouts although did have 2 glasses of champagne (at home) and a martini at dinner. My wife and I do not do candy on Valentines Day to make it more of a guilt free holiday (although I did decorate with rose petals πŸ˜‰ …)

Got in some weight training yesterday and may have a window to run when temperatures are high enough, otherwise will do weights today. Have been having different salads as part of lunch (measure and use my own dressings to control calories) and tracking my calories in MFP! Nice thing about salad is pressure to eat each day so prepackaged trader joe salads or mixed leaf bags don’t go bad πŸ™‚

Weighed in and up approximately 2 lbs after business travel but slowly coming down. While I definitely had some nice eating and exercise habits for a 10-day business trip, looking at the math, half of my weight gain was due to red wine on travel given that 3500 calories is a pound. Need to have a better plan where I have more days that are alcohol free while traveling, especially when not eating dinner with others.

Current weight – 195.8 lbs

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

@xamos – feel better!!! Hope you had a nice time with your sister. You strike me as an amazing woman and a treasure that your future husband will cherish.

@smeagle – besides your great approach to FDs, enjoy that you don’t seem to get on the emotional roller coaster with the scale. Great point on planning. Convinced that high-level Planning food/meals for the day ahead is important for just day-to-day “normal” eating.

@angela80 – great job counting calories as your backup to making NFDs valuable! Hope your Valentine’s dinner at home was wonderful! (Sadly, I’m not much of a cook, have tremendous admiration for men who are)

@grins – what a wonderful testament to your husband and sounds like the loving and devoted appreciation is mutual! Good luck on your FD.

@hippyhayles – Hope you had a successful FD. Great attitude and bounce back from what sounds like a challenging morning. So easy for us to make food a little g-o-d in our lives and a source for comfort.

@tanchora – hope your mother returns to good health. Like your strategy, sometimes easier to give something up if it’s difficult to just eat a small amount. (I too gave up treats/sweet dessert foods – could never eat just one doughnut πŸ™‚ …) Hope you have some type of indulgence that you can enjoy in smaller amounts/less frequently so you don’t resent “dieting” (in my case, I still eat salty snacks on occasion but don t keep them around the house)

@tiffoz – happy anniversary! Psyched for your trip to Bali, have a great FD.

@karlanz – great sentiment regarding your exercise, look forward to your next amazing streak! Losing a cm is awesome!!!

Hi FSGAC friends
    Well, here I am at 56.0 kg again after 2 days fasting. Yesterday I strayed so had 900 cal and the day before I had probably 700 tbh… So it was half-fast again! Had a large glass of rose wine. So that is 25 units of alcohol this week …. Oh dear. Also I discovered that I prefer drinking LESS as I feel so much better the next day. Still 25 units is better than the excessive consumption of 2015 and 2016 and Jan 2017.

Next Mon morning I will hope to not be back up where I started. The spread-sheet is v useful to keep track of this – thank you @xamos. BTW I was single for almost eternity before meeting my partner. You are such a lovely person, it really shows from your posts on here and your interest in others. I do hope you are feeling better!

@hippyhales you mentioned low cal wine in a previous post, where do you get this? As a vegetarian I generally can’t find options of this sort but will check it out if you have any info. I buy sparkling water for weekends to alternate with alcohol. Thanks for the advice re not weighing every day. I got into this habit and actually, when I don’t do it, I sometimes eat less! so I might try not to, until next Mon.

My fave shop at the moment is Aldi for plain cottage cheese and masses of veggies.

@lessofme you did so well on your time away. I am occasionally horrified by what my scales say and I don’t like that feeling. I also find I have changed eating habits. Less sugar, less carbs.

Everyone, hope you are all doing well and having a good week. I read all your posts… But no more time today to reply!

xx

Hello again lovely people πŸ™‚ feeling better today, hopefully will be 100% again tomorrow. My sister will be here in a few hours! She leaves on Sunday afternoon so i’m not sure if I’ll get a chance to come on here while she’s with me, we’ll have to see but I apologise in advance if I disappear for a few days πŸ™‚

@grins sounds like you had some lovely plans for the day πŸ™‚ how was dinner? Your love list sounds very interesting.. may have to try that πŸ˜‰

@angela80 I have to agree with @hippyhayles, don’t do too much too soon πŸ™‚ your body especially needs to get used to fasting so ease off of the exercise on fast days as much as you can for about a month then see how you get on with introducing classes back in. Maybe go for a walk instead?

@hippyhayles so glad you’re feeling better πŸ™‚ where was your fiance last night?! Thank you for your kind words πŸ™‚ I honestly love all you guys! We’ve got such a great team.

@karlanz amazing job on your progress πŸ™‚ hope you made your steps goal yesterday and today.

@lessofme34 Wooooo! I was so excited to hear how your day was and you didn’t disappoint! You guys are my favourite couple. Sounds lovely, hope your beautiful wife had an amazing day. Thank you for your kind words πŸ™‚ I’m safe in the knowledge that any persons rejection is Gods protection and he will guide me to my husband when the time’s right.

Updating:

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 143 total)

You must be logged in to reply.