February's Small Group Accountability Challenge!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
February's Small Group Accountability Challenge!

This topic contains 140 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  WellMe 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 143 total)

• The second month of the year already and what a month January has been! Huge successes for a lot of us in the January group and I must say we have become like a little family so here’s to another great month with great friends. Please feel free to join in this month even if you didn’t take part last month!

How it works:

First of all a quick post to introduce yourself and let me know your goal for February, your goal can be in terms of weight, exercise commitment, diet commitment or anything else.

A slight change from last month – I thought it would be nice to note down our “Starting Weight” and “Ideal Weight” as well as our monthly goal just to give us that added bit of motivation – feel free to give me these statistics however if you don’t feel comfortable disclosing this information don’t feel any pressure at all. You’re still more than welcome.

Then post as often as you like to let me know about your fast days (FD) and non-fast days (NFD), the easiest way to do this is to post “Day# or Jan# = FD or NFD”

I will then update the spreadsheet for everyone, you can keep track of it here:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tmXtHndcMTxRUwi69wcokgzFbtBYPz3GNzYf_O4XV1k/edit?usp=sharing

Looking forward to a Fabulous February 😉

I want to be in again!!! I am hoping that at the end of Jan…2 more days I will be at a solid 212…right now – bouncing from it. That would be an 8 lb loss for Jan. So for the month of Feb – I again would like to go for a 10 lb loss – which may require a few more FD in there and bump up my exercise which has been mainly walking so far – and the last week with a sprained ankle -so not like I was in the beginning of the month. Step it up with some additional cardio things and weights. I will fast on Monday and Wednesday this week – so that will be the 1st of Feb – starting out with a fast!!!!
    This has been a great group and I hope to see most of our family still hanging in there together!

I’d love to be in again this month, I need the support! I’ll update on Weds with a start weight.

Ideal weight is probably 62kgs (I’m assuming that gets my waist down to a healthy 84cms, if not, I’ll go for 60kgs). Monthly loss – lets say 2kg. If possible I’d like to get to goal by the end of March, as I’ve signed up to do a performance then!

Hello FSGAC friends,
    Yes I’d like to be in the group too for Feb, as it seems a useful source of encouragement and info.

My goal is to be 56 kilos.
    I will weigh myself tomorrow to get a starting weight. My reason for fasting is to look and feel better and for health. We have a history of heart disease and diabetes in my family so fat and sugar are issues for me. Also my waist is at the cusp of being too big for my height of165cm. According to our fat monitoring scales my fat is 31% which is at the high end for a woman.

I wish I were taller as tall people seem to have more defined waists.

Thanks for hosting this again @xamos. And thanks to all for your nice comments and stories. Good luck.

X

I’m in!!!!

My goal for this month is 14lbs! Just hoping I hit my 20lb loss for January!

Fingers crossed, I will update on the 1st with my total loss and my new start weight for Feb 🙂

Hi @xamos – thanks for leading this effort for a second month!! Really appreciate your leadership and dedication!!

My goals are to consistently track my food using MFP, not eat mid afternoon when fatigue hits, and lose at least 4 lbs for the month of February towards my goal weight of 182 lbs. I get that is a long list so feel free to edit or drop anything for purposes of space on the spreadsheet.

Looking forward to weight loss in February with the group!!

For anyone new to the group, I am a 48 year old male, married to a wonderful woman, living in Maryland near Washington DC with two amazing young adult daughters! In terms of profession, I am essentially a senior engineer for one of the large wireless carriers in the U.S. Lost approximately 25-30 pounds 3 years ago and have kept it off since that time, staying under 200 lbs. I exercise quite a bit but will always have challenges with food, regardless of the diameter of my waist line. Enjoying slow weight loss in order to continue to build additional habits that will prevent weight gain (beyond normal 2 pound fluctuations in water weight) at any time in the future.

Hello

I am new to this site.

I have tried 5:2 over the last two years or so with varying degrees of success. Twice I have lost a stone (and then put it back on again) and so I am here to try again.

I think I need some support as over the last four weeks, I have only lost 2lb 7oz.

I set myself a target of losing a 1lb a week, but this week, I put on 4oz.

I do count calories and think I overdo it on my non fast days, so that is something I have to combat.

My target for February is 4lb to take me down to 9st 9lb.

I’m finding to hard to stay motivated when I put weight on, so I need help to get me through today’s fast as it’s easy to go, “Oh, it’s not working, I’m just going to give up!”

Hello lovely people! Glad to see you all here.

@grins best of luck with the last couple of days of the month, hoping for that 212! How is your ankle now? I’m sure you’ll storm February being back to full health 🙂

Ohhh @karlanz a performance? Do tell us more?!

@smeagle I feel your pain r.e. defined waist as i’m only 5’2! I often feel as though I just go straight down and don’t really stick out anywhere.. apart from a bit at the front where my tummy is haha!

@hippyhayles you are smaaashing it! Looking forward to your final weigh in for January.

@lessofme34 you’re more than welcome, looking forward to another month of your friendship and support 🙂

@pollyanna24 welcome 🙂 do you mind me asking how tall you are? Depending on your height you must be very close to your goal weight! This group will keep you motivated and accountable 🙂 glad to have you here.

Updating with names and goals as we speak..
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tmXtHndcMTxRUwi69wcokgzFbtBYPz3GNzYf_O4XV1k/edit?usp=sharing

@xamos – I forgot to say, thanks for running this again!

For the performance – I do pole dancing classes… they’re super fun, really good exercise, and very non-judgemental about body sizes, shapes etc. We’ve had a few student showcases since I started doing it, but I’ve never signed up for one. And now I have (gulp). Whilst I can go on stage as I am, and no one would make any comment, I’ll feel more confident if I’m a bit trimmer. Plus everything will be easier if I weigh less!

Hey FSGAC group,
    I am really not trying to sell anyone anything here, but since we are all trying to lose weight and I just found out about this at my event in MSP the other weekend, I just thought I would throw this out there. The company I represent (Zinzino) is having a weight loss health challenge. There is a 5, 10 and 20 lb challenge and in each group they will give out 2 prizes for each category. In the US it is a Cruise gift card of $3,000 and in Europe it is a Mediterranean worth 3,000 Euro. Here is the link for Videos on the challenge if you might be interested. I am doing the 20 lb challenge. The Lean Shake they have is very good, quality ingredients no artificial sugars (which is why I don’t like the chocolate) the Berry and Vanilla are the best. They are Vegan if it matters to you.

http://www.zinzino.tv/tags/649cdfb31a16e9/health-challenge

My site to order the product is: http://www.zinzino.com/2002919851

From there you must go to the 4 little lines on the top right and choose your country and language. Then scroll down to weight control.
    If you are interested and have questions, you can email also at judydawsonh@me.com

Hi! I’d love to partake. This is my first time trying 5:2 and so I am still not sure which weight goals are realistic but ideally I would like to forever lose 5 kilos as I am currently 67. My long term goal is to hit 55 which is appropriate for mi height.
    Anyways, I am new to this website and would love to learn a little bit more as to how it works. Do I get a message? reminder? or anything when someone comments in this thread? How do I ensure that it won’t get lost amidst the other threads?

anyways, thanks a lot!

Hello, I would love to be part of the group.
    My last challenge was in October, I found it difficult to lose much weight but hung in.
    I Then tried the 8 week blood sugar diet and lost a few extra pounds.
    Since Christmas I have been floundering on my own and know that I need accountability, so here I am.
    I am 56 live in Calgary, Canada I currently weigh 174.2 lb. I hope to lose 4lb in February and would like to workout 3 times a week.

Hello all,
    Realised today that I haven’t been fasting properly for a while.
    So I will be trying to do better this month. My commitment is to do 2 FD per month and to only eat once a day on those days. Generally my FDs will be Monday and Thursday. Sometimes I go for ADF and if so that will be Monday Weds and Friday but I tend to be indulgent on Fridays so it is difficult!
    Nice to meet you all. I am a domestic goddess with one self published novel and ambitions to publish more.
    I like to cook but am better at making food for others than for myself. As a vegetarian i wish I liked broccoli. But I like cabbage so maybe it’s okay.
    My partner sometimes diets too. He is v fit and is an inspiration to me.
    I drink too much alcohol for my health and I am trying to curb this by paying money to myself in a savings account. So far I managed one week and aim to continue this month.
    @xamos yes this is my problem too, I want a WAIST!

X

@karlanz you’re welcome 🙂 your performance sounds like so much fun! I’m wolf whistling in my head hahah! Keep us updated with it 🙂

@grins no problem at all, i’m not the type for shakes but I know some people here are using them at the moment, best of luck!

Welcome @analana pleased to have you here 🙂 our goals sound very similar! Are you around 5’2 if you don’t mind me asking? That’s my height! Absolutely, if you tick the little box below where you’re submitting your message you will receive an email each time there’s a reply, also each time there’s a reply this thread goes to the top of the forum and we’re relatively active so you shouldn’t have any problem finding us 🙂 However you could always bookmark or favourite us on your web browser if you’d like to, if you need some help with that let me know and I can talk you through it 🙂

Hello @smileycgirl lovely to have you, welcome 🙂 we’ll keep you on track! Well done for making this commitment.

@smeagle was that meant to be 2 FD’s per week? Love that you’re self-published! So great. Lets hope we can uncover a waist after looking some weight 😉

Updating:

Hi all
    @xamos yes that really ought to to be 2 FDs per week. Lol! Thanks for your comments about self-publishing 🙂
    OMG @karlanz that sounds awesome and so v confident.
    @grins I am feeling hungrier due to imagining milkshakes. They sound lovely.
    I try to avoid sugar and sweetener except I bought some xylitol which is supposed to be good for a person, but I am not at all sure if it’s true.

I am hoping to join this small group before it closes.
    Ht: 5/6″
    Start weight: 173 (October)
    Current weight 157# … plateaued… ;(
    Goal weight 150#

Started with 5:2, currently ADF while doing HIIT 3 days a week.

Need this accountability! Thanks!

Start weight 66kgs

Day 1 NFD

@smeagle – I’m not so sure about confident! The studio owner has been trying to get me to sign up for a performance for a year now, I guess she’s just worn me down! I’m pretty nervous, and very glad I have two months to prepare…
    @xamos – hopefully it’ll be fun, others in the studio say it is. I’m working on some moves I want to be able to do (including getting the splits), we’ll see how I go!

For the new-comers – I’m a 37 year old female from New Zealand. I’m 5’6 (168cms), and am aiming to get to a healthy waist size of 84cms. Which also means I need to lose some weight! I’m fairly active – I pole dance and rock climb, and have just made a new commitment to walk 10,000 steps a day (I’ve managed four days in a row so far).

Happy February!
    Starting weight: 195.8 lbs
    Flying out this morning to Dallas for business travel – will be gone 10 days (which is unusual). Probably won’t have any FDs but looking to continue tracking in MFP, exercise, and make solid eating (and drinking 🙂 ) choices. Would love to come back with no weight gain!

Happy February FSGAC people! As expected it’s unfortunately a bit of a downer start of the month for me.. starting stats 1/02/2017:

Weight: 66.9kg (around 10st 7lbs)
    Body Fat Percentage: 33.7%
    Water Weight Percentage: 49.0%
    BMI: 27.1

From where I was on 25/01/2017 at 65.6kg I would be lying if i said I wasn’t disappointed, just goes to show what slipping off for a week can do to your progress. I’m 90% certain I would have reached my goal had I not fallen off of the wagon. Alas what can I do now, the show must go on!

I’m going to do a little bio as i’ve never done one before:

I’m a 22 year old female originally from the South East of England but currently living in Glasgow. I’m the UK fundraising director for an international charity and i’m also working on a property portfolio. As an ex-amateur boxer I used to be fit as a fiddle but I wouldn’t say I’ve ever been at a body shape i’m super happy with – I used to do a lot more exercise than now but managed to counteract it with my love of all things sweet 😉 I feel I need to train my body to enjoy and expect regular healthy meals rather than constantly grazing on sugary indulgences. I’m very ambitious and driven and I want to be able to make the best out of this life, having a healthy mind body and soul is a huge part of that. I adore this group and immensely enjoy checking in with you all every day.

@smeagle I thought so 🙂

@wellme welcome 🙂 adding you to the spreadsheet now.

@karlanz super proud of you for signing up, you’ll do great 🙂

@lessofme34 best of luck on your business trip 🙂

I’m hoping to be able to shake this sore throat by tomorrow or the next day at the latest.. fed up of feeling sorry for myself! My dad’s coming to visit tomorrow or the next day and will be staying with me for one or two nights so I’m really looking forward to that 🙂 also my American colleague (who’s been in America for the past year) came back today as a total surprise! So we’re having a good day at the office, lots of stuff happening.

Updating (i’m going to add another comment for a quick whip-round to get any extra info I need):

Okay missing info below, if you don’t want to record any of this that’s no problem I can just record “N/A” just let me know 🙂

@grins what’s your starting weight and ideal weight? Did you reach your 212?

@smeagle what’s your starting weight and February goal?

@hippyhayles what’s your starting weight (really excited to hear this!) and ideal weight?

@pollyanna24 what’s your starting weight and ideal weight?

@analana what’s your February goal? I know you weren’t entirely sure what to expect, may I suggest 2kg as an initial figure?

@smileycgirl what’s your ideal weight?

@wellme what’s your February goal?

Hi FSGAC friends, both new ones and peeps from before.
    My start weight this morning is 56.9 kilos. Feels good to be in the 56 zone again. Yesterday I was 57.7 so I fasted diligently. I ate some reduced fat cream cheese and some broccoli, a hot choc with soya milk and sweetener, and a single very nice chocolate (a whisky truffle). It all added up to around 500 cal with other drinks and soya milk. Also 18 gram of protein.
    1 Feb is FD for me (two days in a row!). I have not got any more planned this week.
    My goal this month is to reach 56 kilos. Perhaps I will revise my goal and lose more.

I am 31 % fat.

@xamos a psychologist told me that women are rarely happy with their body shape, no matter what it is.

I am thinking about investing in property in March this year. Where are you buying? Glasgow? V interested because I may do the same.

@lessofme thank you for your encouraging comments.

Happy Feb. FSGAC group.
    @xamos – I did not quite reach the 212. I was at 213.2 yesterday and today – which I am thrilled about – because after birthday lunch and dinner and cake with my daughter I was so full last night I was sick…my tummy must be shrinking some, anyway – thought I would be up this morning but I was exactly the same as yesterday. My goal this month is to do a bit better than last month…I would like to see 10 lbs. so 202 is my goal for the month. 160 is my ultimate long term goal.
    I loved learning more about you – thanks for keeping us going – I love this group and look forward to checking in with everyone to see how we are doing!

Welcome newcomers to our group – I am 53 and live in Minnesota USA.

@lessofme – good luck on your 10 day trip – always can be a challenge – but does not have to be either…planning is key I think. You will do great!

@smeagle – good job on your FD yesterday – I have no doubt you will reach your goal this month.

@karlanz – I have been doing 10k steps now and making my goal most days – even with bad ankle!!! It is almost healed so will step up the pace with those steps now!~

@wellme – you have made great progress – I would like to step up to ADF – but have not managed it yet – I am sure that would get me further down the road where I would like to be – going to look at calendar and see if I can plan that. Glad you are with us.

Lets all do really well this Feb!!! Remember keep telling yourself “This is easy!!!”
    Grins

@xamos – Today is a FD and then next Monday the 6th and Wednesday the 8th.

Puyallup, WA
    FD

Weight today 157#
    My goal in February is to lose 6#
    HIIT 3 days a week
    Walk 2-3 days a week

HIIT this morning!

@xamos thank you for the welcome.
    Day one, FD weight 175.8 feeling good.
    Weight class 45 mins.

Good luck to all.

Hello FSGAC and welcome to a new month

So for those of you who are new to the group, a little about me. 31 year old mum to a girl who will be 15 in march. Getting married in 11 weeks, own a daft Yorkshire terrier cross called Max and lost 22lb last month.

I just need to add, my “diet” is different as I have restricted my NDF calories to around 1000-1300! I have a lot to loose and need to look good for my wedding.

@xamos Well I did it, start weight this month is 17st 13lb. So I managed to say goodbye to the 19’s, 18’s and a massive hello to the 17’s!! Ive not seen them for a long time! My FD was yesterday and will be tomorrow.

@grins ive been there myself, I stuf my face and then im sick as my tummy just cant handle all the crap after being so good. Hope you daughter had a nice day!

@smeagle wow your doing really well keep it up!!

@wellme & @smileycgirl welcome to the group!

@karlanz you can do it!! All those steps will be helping in a massive way

@lessofme34 Good luck with the trip and don’t blow all that hard work!

Here’s to another fantastic month!

xx

Hi my FD on 1 Feb went well, I may have had 550 calories though. Got a little hungry in the evening and had to split food allowance because I was driving and needed to be alert.
    This morning I am 56.4 kilos!
    X

You know that type of cold where you go to bed every night thinking “i’ll feel better in the morning” but in reality you wake up and you feel worse.. yeah.. I’ve got one of those type of colds. In better news.. we made homemade pizza yesterday! Late night in the office so my American colleague made fresh pizza dough and we all chose our own toppings. Yum. Taking it easy until my dad arrives so I can shake this snotty nosed, sore throated beast. Send healing energy 😛

You guys are all awesome, you’re doing great. When i’m healthy again i’ll be joining you in full force.

@smeagle where are you based? I currently own a two bed flat in the East End of Glasgow, looking to buy more in a similar area but am open to other areas too such as South Side etc. Happy to meet to discuss and help in any way I can if possible. Great job on fast days and this mornings weight! *victory dance*

@grins good job, sounds like you and your little girly had lots of fun even if you did get a little sicky. It’s a good sign though in some ways, almost as if your body’s rejecting what’s not good for you.

@wellme good job on a productive day.

@smileycgirl you’re welcome 🙂 hope you’re having a great day.

@hippyhayles I knew you’d do it you star, so proud of you. February is trembling in its boots 😉

Updating:

Day 1 Pacific Northwest
    NFD
    Weight 176# THANKS ALL FOR THIS ACCOUNTABILITY!
    Down 1#

On the road today working, already scoping out lunch stop to include a salad at Subway. WATER, WATER, WATER!

Feeling…determined!

Hello!

I would like to join.

Female – From Kansas City – Starting Weight: 141.6 – Goal Weight by end of month 137.6 – Today is a fast day!

About me: I will be 37 next week! Mother of four – trying to lose some baby weight. I just finished nursing my 13 month old last month. Mostly concerned about my expanding middle and want to get to a healthy circumference. Also trying to drink less wine! I will try to be accountable for my alcohol consumption this month as well.

On my fast days, I drink two cups of coffee in the morning with half and half (40 calories). Usually have Progresso Light soup and greens at lunch (160 calories). Then a 300 meal dinner.

My goal weight is 129. I have been fasting for a few weeks and am a little discouraged at the amount I have lost. However, I am ready for a breakthrough!

Thank you.

Afternoon all,

Sounds like we are ready for this month!! Lets go and get it!

@xamos THANK YOU!!!! Couldn’t have done it without your help. sorry your feeling rubbish at the moment, have a nice hot toddy. Obviously just for medicinal purposes!

@smeagle 550 is still a nice low amount, don’t have too little so it takes you over the edge and then fail and reach for the junk!

@wellme yes, water and plenty of it, helps curb the hunger cravings and makes your skin look amazing!

@shellydawn welcome to our little family 🙂

DAY 1 NFD
    DAY 2 FD
    DAY 3 NFD
    DAY 4 NFD
    DAY 5 NFD
    DAY 6 FD

Just to let you all know we have a little group going on facebook. its not the main group, its just somewhere if you want to post things you eat, motivational things or just random crap! Will post it below

x

Here is the link https://www.facebook.com/groups/1772391599746482/

Please add yourself if you want and let us know who you are!

Day 2 – FD
    Day 3 – NFD
    10k steps goal – 7 day streak!

Welcome to all the new-comers 🙂

@lessofme – I always find travelling a challenge, even just trying to eat sensibly! Eating out all the time makes things really hard, so I’ll be thinking of you. If you’re staying in a motel (i.e. have your own kitchen), then that makes things a lot easier. Although I’m not sure if other countries have motels? It may just be a Kiwi/Aussie thing, I don’t remember having it as an option when travelling other places.

@xamos – this sounds like the cold that won’t die 🙁 Hope you get better soon… Your homemade pizza looks amazing – its my plan for dinner tonight, although I don’t think mine will look as good!

@shelleydawn – any weight loss is a step in the right direction, don’t get discouraged!

Day 2 FD second of week
    Weight 174.6
    Mood was okay, really wanted a snack in evening but resisted.
    @xamos my ideal weight is 155lb which I haven’t seen in years, I am 5″6 so even that is is at the top end of my healthy range, so ideally I just to be a Canadian size 12 which is a UK size 14. I am originally from Glasgow myself…
    West end though, born and raised.
    Hope you feel better tomorrow.

Night all, good luck

Morning all 🙂 slowly but surely getting there.. my dad’s arriving in about half an hour then leaving tomorrow so my first FD of the month will be Sunday.

@wellme congratuations! Hope lunch went well.

@shelleydawn welcome 🙂 congratulations on making this commitment to yourself! Adding you to the spreadsheet now.

@hippyhayles you deserve it you’ve worked so hard 🙂 I’m currently eating chocolate as if it has some kind of medicinal qualities.. very badly behaved I know. I agree any newbies should join the FB group and introduce themselves! 🙂

Ohh @karlanz how did your pizza go? Mine was yummy but I can only take minimal credit because I just put the toppings on! Feeling 80% better today so maybe tomorrow morning will be the one finally!

@smileycgirl good job for holding your reserve 🙂 oh how funny! I love the west end.. very cultured and posh, not like the East End at all! 😛

Have a lovely day everyone 🙂

Updated:

Helloooooooooo everyone,

I can see one slot available. Can I still get in, please?

My goal would be 8 pounds. Starting weight 165, ideal 140.

FD today, NFDs days 1-2.

Hello friends,
    This morning I was either 56.5 kilos or 56.2 or poss 56.0.
    My scales gave a different set of readings each time I tried.
    Also my fat % is still 31.9 or so.
    My waist is now 30 inches or 34 inches depending on where I measure. The bigger measure is not healthy as it’s more than half my height. This measurement is the one around my belly button.

@xamos I would like to discuss further with you! I am in SE England but used to be in Edinburgh and Glasgow.

x

Day 3 NFD – Weight 173.6 going in the right direction 🙂 !2 mins on the treadmill HIIT. My arms are killing me from weight class on Wednesday but that’s good, means I actually made an effort…lol
    Tonight my hubbie and I bought a Breville individual pie maker (yes I must be mad) and I made almond tarts and cherry pies. I ate one almond tart and kept away from the cherry ones. Not a fast day and I have been fairly good but we will see tomorrow if the carbs and sugar show on the scale…

@xamos : Glasgow Posh..hmmmm, maybe just not the end of the west end I came from…ha ha

Good morning Friends,

Happy Saturday! Still in Dallas on travel, eating has been decent. Vendor took me to dinner Thursday night – good: no bread, shared a small appetizer (one small lobster/crab cake), ordered a smaller cut of steak, ordered a side of sautéed spinach and went easy on au gratin potatoes. So-so – 4 glasses of wine (although the bottles were very nice) and appetizer Caesar salad (I know these are high calorie salads but enjoy when dressing is made in-house). Breakfast is always healthy (fruit with either eggs/wheat toast or oatmeal). Doing a nice job watching portion sizes. My sister and niece are driving up from Austin to Dallas today to spend the night and going to a coworkers house Sunday evening to watch 1st half of the Super Bowl. Will have no more than 2 glasses of wine and minimal snacking – not making snacks into a meal! Did some weight training Wed after landing (great hotel gym!) and doing some this morning. Doing back and biceps this morning at the gym and then meeting a couple friends in a couple hours for a 7 or 8 mile run this morning, they are training for a half marathon in March so expect to fall behind and have a slower time but should make it OK. Looking forward to having a peaceful conversation with my wife today without telling her “I have 10 minutes before my next conference call” (she has a friend and her adult niece with her on her trip to Houston so not sure when we’ll talk)! Have a great Saturday everyone!!

@xamos – thx for sharing ur bio – boxing …. wow, that is awesome!! Do hope ur feeling better and enjoying your time with your Dad – is he local? (Btw, I suspect that scientists will one day find that NyQuil cures everything … mostly because of sleep it delivers!). While you recover, hope you’re getting enough calories and/or not seeking comfort in food. Thanks for leading our group! Lobbying for @tanchora! She can have my spreadsheet slot if we’re at a peak and I’ll just read/post comments if that makes your life easier.

@karlanz – wow, nice job on the steps- fantastic! Thanks for the encouraging word about travel. To your question, staying at a Hilton, no kitchen but to @grins point, do try to think ahead and plan.

@grins – great job on the weight loss, keep it up! Thx for your comments as well about my travel, spot on!

@smileycgirl – welcome to the group and congrats on taking control of your health.

@hippyhales – good luck on your week and FDs ahead!

@smeagle – cool idea on the savings account and find it cool that your partner is a positive source for inspiration. Way to start the month on a FD!!

@wellme – welcome to the group and awesome progress from your start in October!

@shellydawn – welcome to the group!!

Good Saturday Morning ALL!

Day 4
    NFD
    AFD may change to 4:3 with Superbowl tomorrow…
    Todays Wt. 155.8# … ahhhh the elusive 155#, now to maintain or keep losing, going out to lunch today; salad bar commitment.

About me:
    I am 54 years old, I live in Washington State. I have twin daughters in college & graduating soon. I currently do HIIT M-W-F which kicks my butt! My husband and I have property we go to most of the summer and I’m worried about my workouts there. I’m planning to create my own HIIT workouts to do while there. I love hiking, walking, skiing, most anything outdoors.

I love FD until about 4:00 pm when I’m just hungry, been able to stay around 500 calories those days.

Enjoy the weekend!

My slogan (for now) = One cannot drink alcohol and expect to lose weight.

I’m please to report I am HEALTHY! That feels good. First official fast day tomorrow. You got the first four days February but the rest of you is mine 😛 had a lovely evening with my dad, we actually went out for dinner with my boss so they were both singing my praises over the dinner table! Really beautiful evening. I am blessed.

Hey @tanchora of course there’s room for you 🙂 will add you now. Glad to have you here again.

@smeagle you’ve had the dreaded scales issue too! Great lets talk and see what we can do, are you in the FB group? If not i’d be happy to chat over the phone/email/Skype? Let me know what works for you 🙂

@smileycgirl not sure how much time if any you spent in the East End but the West End may aswell be central London in comparison 😉 also my goodness individual pie makers exist?! My waistline is not safe..

Hey @lessofme34 glad travelling is going well and you’re going to get to spend some time with family too! Yep boxing was great but it’s been a few years since I trained at all now and my fitness level has gone way down.. My dad’s travelled up from England so had a 7 hour overnight drive! Had to have a few hours nap when he got here.. He’s continued on his journey north now for a week long walking holiday but i’ll see him again next weekend 🙂 I have to say I did seek comfort in food more than I should have while I was ill.. I need to work on that. There’s room for @tanchora but thanks for offering, a gent as always!

@wellme great job 🙂 r.e. HIIT workouts have you checked out the Youtube videos available? Some of them look pretty good and would be doable in a relatively small space, could be appropriate for your summer property? I know what you mean about the 4pm hunger hit.. I tend to breeze through the morning then by afternoon/evening I really need to use some of my cals!

Updating:

Day 4 NFD Weight 174.8, up a little but that’s my MO, a little down, a little up, a then a little more up, but eventually slowly going down.
    @wellme, we have a summer place in Osoyoos B.C. And travel to Washington state often for real good Mexican food(which obviously has to stop…lol) I agree totally with your moto.
    @xamos, I worked in Denniston at the concrete yard I think that’s in the east end??
    @tamchora… welcome

Good Morning! Snowing here and more snow happening in Eastern Washington.

NFD, two in a row then Fasting M, W, F next week before business trip Saturday to Austin, TX for 3 days of meetings & 4 days of vacation. Will try to follow protocol.

Had wine and pizza last night WHEW! Remember the slogan… Feeling a little puffy this morning but it also came out quickly…:( As a result not getting on the scale but will march forward tomorrow morning.

@smileycgirl … really good Mexican food in WA? Where would that be? I’m a soup person, love a great Tortilla Soup w/o chips!

Have a great weekend ALL … GO Falcons … I guess since the Seahawks are not playing…

Can I just say….I think I hate weekends!!! UGH! I am up in weight – like 3 lbs – which blows my Jan goal. I don’t even feel like I have been THAT bad. But, I guess I have and today is superbowl sunday – which they say is the 2nd largest calorie consumption day of the year, next to Thanksgiving! Good thing I don’t really have any plans, but I suppose I will have a beer or two and some food.
    @xamos – I have to change my FD to Tuesday and Thursday this week – as I have plans on Monday now for lunch. Also, so glad you are feeling better and that you had a great time with your dad and boss.

@lessofme – hope your time with family was great.
    @wellme – probably smart not to get on the scale until a few days – or you will feel like me…which is not so good at the moment.
    @smiley I guess we have the same MO…and in a way the same name…smileygirl and Grins.
    @tanchora – glad you are with us this month too!
    @smeagle – my scales are like that tooo – I weigh myself 3 times and take which ever one showed up twice or the average!
    @karlanz and Hippy…hope you are having a great weekend!
    OK – hoping to not eat too much today and have a better week.

I hope everybody is enjoying their weekend! What a lovely group we have here. I must admit I mainly read the posts before work, very early in the morning. There’s a lot to go through which can only mean one thing: we are working hard on trying to make a difference!

To ourselves, our health and bodies!

Thank you @xamos for running the group once again and for including me. I started checking the spreadsheet in horror, thinking I took @lessofme34 space but I can see we are both in, phewwww! Thank you for your offer @lessofme34 though!

@xamos – boxing, wow. I always think it’s one of the most demanding forms of exercise. I used to dance in the past (national dances) and was fit too. I can relate to the issue.

@hippyhayles – 11 weeks until your wedding, aagghhhhh, so close! What are you doing about your dress? It is a challenge to try and guess what weight you will be, you are doing so well!

@grins: nice to see you here too. The weight tends to go up and down, not always depending on how you did. I guess we have to be patient and concentrate on a bigger picture. Hopefully that picture is like this \

NFDs: 4th, 5th and 6th.

Hi I’m Tiffany, from Australia and would like to join this challenge and be accountable. I’ve just started 5:2 after dabbling with Michael Moseley’s 8 week blood sugar diet for a week. Counting 800 calories/ day wasn’t for me, though Surprisingly I wasn’t hungry. I lost 3.8 kg ( probably largely water) being the first week but it’s motivated me to keep going! It’s amazing how much better you feel with every small weight loss!

Day 5 NFD weight 172.8 oh down again 🙂
    @xamos… perhaps the individual pie maker was not a good idea, I scarfed down a lovely apple pie today, just watch the scales will be laughing at me tomorrow..
    @wellme.. Rancho Chico in Tonasket is where we used to eat but the opened a new place in Oroville so we go there now, Canadian on par in the winter.

Hello!

Happy Super Bowl Sunday here in the U.S. Just returned from a party where I did not count any calories but did try to explain the benefits of the fast diet to a few who were noshing around the chips and dip with me. People are always very skeptical.

Anyhow, this weekend I didn’t drink much but didn’t eat that well either.

Tomorrow is my fast day – I fast on Mondays and Thursdays. So we will see at the end of the week how things are going. I am slowly chipping away at the weight but I can see it working!

I did bring a veggie platter to the party! Of course, the ribs and chips were the first things to go.

Have a great day!

Shelley

FD today and feeling great. Just water and Green Tea before rushing off to work. Left over chicken and broccoli for lunch and will have soup tonight after parent info night at school.
    I’m not worried about the FD’s because that’s contolled by calorie counting but it seems too good to be true that you can eat snacks and junk food on the NFD’s and still lose weight! I find I’m still watching everything I eat obsessively. Probably only eating 800/1000 calories because it’s healthy food, no snacks.
    Is anyone else like that on NFD’s?

Hello FSGAC friends,

Well it looks and sounds like we are all certainly on form this month! Those from last month we have got this!! Those newbies good luck you all sound like you are ready for the longhaul.

So my weekend has been manic to say the least! I gave myself the whole weekend off from my low calorie NFD and I still managed to not over do it. I found some lovely low calorie wine for Friday night which went down a treat! we had both sets of parents over on satuuday and I did a buffet and managed to stay away from the pizza and all that was bad, I have realised im making healthy choices without having to think about it which is great! Yesterday I was busy from 6.30am and didn’t sit down to eat anything until 4pm, then I have a massive gammon roast with all the trimmings but still managed to keep to a sensible 1500kcal (I had a huge helping of homemade apple pie and custard for dessert)

Today is a FD for me and im feeling good. I should be trying my wedding dress on again in the next few weeks once the alterations have been done so im getting a little excited!

I have my hen party in 3 weeks so I am being good until then!

@tancorah I would like to be down to 17st if possible, I have to be careful I don’t loose too much as I don’t want the dress to be too big! My aim was just to get “something” off before the wedding and then after I return from honeymoon im going full steam ahead!!

Good luck this week people!

xx

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 143 total)

You must be logged in to reply.