Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,906 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 14 hours, 38 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 4,751 through 4,800 (of 35,392 total)

• Audrey ..

What was the name of the waterproof sealant stuff?

I will make a note of the cleaning stuff also.

Thanks
    X

Hi Jean

The cleaner works out cheaper from eBay as there is free p&p. On Amazon it costs 4.99 postage.

I just went into the kitchen to get a last cup of tea and it was all I could do not to carry on steaming…..must be getting the bug. I have another nozzle I want to try out as well. Ah well looks as if I shall be busy Friday, paint has arrived so I will clean all the walls before painting.

Ginette

Morning All,

A drizzle sort of day, miserable.

Ginette..
    You are very busy and getting sorted, always like a paint things always look clean and brighter, it then shows up the other rooms.

Thanks for finding the cleaner on eBay always nice to save a bit!

I am up a pound today maybe the crumble and custard, a very small bar of chocolate also, it soon trips you up.

Enjoy your carvery and ice cream today…nice for a treat.

Swimming for me today then back clicker this afternoon. Maybe some computer work if I can fit it in, I did three hours yesterday.

FD for us omelette with salad this evening for a change.

Have a good day everybody

Jean x

Morning all

The path seal is called ever build path and patio seal 5 litre off amazon…free p&p…overnight delivery too!

Ginette I steam clean my windows I simply spray steam at them them use a squeegee to wipe them down once water is clean polish them with a micro fibre cloth… never streaks! It gets easier once you gave removed all the cleaner you gave previously used. It is looking like I have a fellow steamaholic in the making haha. .

I buy the spray and leave in 3 x 5 litre containers as I leave some at mums!

Jean hope hubby is better soon,

Hemmy ru ok? I know its a sad time for you! 😭😭

Have a good day everyone together we are stronger

Audrey

Audrey..

Thanks made a note on both, when he feels better we have a bit to do outside, I think all the gardening jobs always seem hard work, old age!

Maybe when our visitors have gone now, early July.

Hubby is not bad for a couple of hours after he gets up then the pain starts, not good at all, the worse I have seen him. Usually only 2 or 3 days.

Hemmy,

Hope you are OK our thoughts are with you..X

Cmum..
    Hope are going good also.

Jean x

Hi Jean

I am really looking forward to my meal, I had a quick weigh in today and I am even lower than on Tuesday so I am really pleased. It is the first time in a long while that I am not showing up. Thank goodness for this. A day off of tasks today as I am out most of the day.

That cleaner looks good, I have see some pictures on eBay. Have a good day fasting, I had a whole packet of chicken noodle soup yesterday. All of 96 calories. It sounds really greedy but it was only a pint, followed by a cup of tea of course.

Hi Audrey

I think you may be right about the steam cleaning. It is so easy isn’t it. Those attachments have been sitting there for a year. Pam has a steam cleaner that hasn’t made it out of the box and she has had it for about 3 years!! When I have finished my cleaning and decorating I am going to break that cleaner out……

Thanks for the sealant that is good with no p&p I belong to Amazon prime. I even have made a wish list of films to watch, I just haven’t got time to sit and watch them. I will have even less time now I have used the wonderful attachments to the steam cleaner πŸ™‚

Hi Jean

Such a shame that the back problem hasn’t eased, they do say that the day after it is sometimes more painful because of the manipulation, let’s hope this is the case.

Something to look forward to in July though.

Hi Hemmy

Missing you on here. Thinking of you and I hope you are really busy and that is why you aren’t here. We all have times when we really miss people we love, it brings tears to my eyes just writing this. Xx

Hi ginette and Jean

Check out ebay for spray n leave I think it may be cheaper….

Have to run we are off looking at New cars….

Audrey

Thanks Audrey

I have just been reading about Seat Leon tdi 1.6 does over 62 to the gallon, this will checked out as well xx

Hi all – just thought I’d drop in so you know I’m still here! Desperate for a FD…you know what it’s like when you begin to feel bloaty, and just want the chance to take a day off. It’s not that I’m eating loads or badly, it’s just that I can’t get away from house guests and food! I’m supposed to be at a lunch meeting tomorrow, but I may try and be fashionably late and ‘forget’ my packed lunch…that way I may actually be able to fast from tonight until tomorrow dinner, at least. Guests lovely…but really looking forward to Sunday!

Afternoon all

Hubby on way home so the 🚫Sign is up in for a bit of πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’• ing.

πŸ”™πŸ”œ Lynda X

Minols..
    Soon be Sunday but I bet it’s been nice to have your guests. I like the idea of forgetting lunch.

My daughter is coming on Tuesday (5 weeks) and she likes a merlot…I said to hubby if I ask for gin and tonic it means slimline tonic in a small glass only..lol..lol. Nobody will know!

Lynda..
    Enjoy your hubby…you and him time…enjoy..

X

Hi Mino

I hope you get your fast day soon. It also sounds as if you would like a nice rest.

Hi Lynda

Enjoy your time with hubby. See you when you feel like a rest. Xx

Hi Jean

I hope you manage to keep the weight off. It is such a struggle to lose it. I had a lovely lunch and an ice cream, with a flake!!! What a delight. Mostly meat and vegetables so no real harm done. I then went to sort a friends tv box out, it only needed the plug pushing right in tool me 10 seconds. Frustrating for her through as she though she had checked it all. Then shopping and on to Pams for a quick visit. She was out so I kept the dig company and had a cup of tea and a game of cards with her when she came in. I didn’t get home until about three quarters of an hour ago. Just sat down with a cup of tea, I think it will be an early night.

8 hours out is to much for me.

See you all tomorrow. Hemmy I hope you are Ok. Xx

Hi everyone
    Just a quick pop in before I go to bed. Had a bad couple of days with Asthma but not feeling too bad at the moment. OH and son have both been poorly – fun and games all round! πŸ™‚

Thanks for the links to the CDs Ginette. I bought the slimming one and also sent for a smoking one. They aren’t here yet and I’m away on Saturday for a week so I won’t be able to try them till I get back.

Hope everyones health is better than it has been and that all are keeping positive. I’m not going to worry too much about food while I’m away, just try and stay mindful so that the damage isn’t too bad. Probably try to be extra controlled when I get back home. Not really looking forward to it the way I feel at the moment, bit worried about having asthma attacks while I’m away as they can be really scary. Also no internet where I’m going so won’t be able to look in until I get back. Havent’ even thought about packing yet so tomorrow is going to be hectic I guess!

Take care all and I’ll speak soon Xx

Morning All,

A busy day for me today, food shopping and getting things done for my family arriving. Trying to organise a UK phone card for her to use while here to keep in contact. My heads in a whiz with listsπŸ˜€

I lost a pound this morning which brings me to 21 lbs, 1 1/2 stone a good round number..really pleased. Hubby got another 1 lb off 12 lb for him.

I now have to keep it off for the 5 weeks visitors are here, a worry. I will have to do strict fasting inbetween visits ..lol..lol and I have to get over my two meals out Saturday and Sunday.

Ginette..
    Good job you sorted the plug out before dismantling everything..a good carvery for you with ice cream sometimes not too much damage, hoping I can have something like that on Sunday.

Coffee..
    Have a lovely week away hope all of you improve so you get the benefit from it..speak when you are back.

Lynda..
    Hope you are having a lovely weekend with hubby.

Audrey..
    Hoping you are improving back wise.

Hubbys feeling half to half, whatever that means !

Hemmy..
    Thinking of you, have a nice weekend with Mum and Kirsty and Mr Pips..come back when you are ready xx

Have a good day all.

Jean x

Hi Coffee

Sorry to hear that you haven’t been well. Enjoy your time away, remember if you want a treat ice cream is often a good one as not overloaded with calories, unless it is chocolate covered of course.

I hope you are well when you are away and the rest of the family are feeling better. See you when you get back.

Hi Jean

I am not doing badly this week, show a gain on yesterday but a loss on Tesdays weigh in so I will see if it has corrected itself by the weekend.

I am sure you are beginning to get excited now, don’t forget to weigh Tuesday in all that excitement.

Hi all

Had a very busy day yesterday looking at cars… not bought one didn’t get the trade in price we wanted….

Off to hospital later today to see the back Dr….

Weight down from last week thank goodness but we are having brunch today as will not be back in time to eat after hospital before Ian goes to work…

Hope you are all ok

Audrey

Just wanted to say hi and still here. Havent been near the scales yet. Fast day went fine on Sunday and Wednesday, even survived a family get together for dads 84th birthday. Hope every one is doing ok

HI all. Keeping a ‘secret’ FD today! I’ve persuaded my guest that her salmon cake recipe would be lovely to try tonight with salad – no idea what the cals will be but it’s got to be pretty close to my usual fish cakes?! And then I’m out for the evening away from temptation.
    Coffee – hope you have a great time away and that the break is not only NOT spoiled by asthma, but that being away is just the break you need to re-charge your batteries.

Hi Audrey

I hope your appointment goes well. It is my 800 day, I had granary and egg for lunch followed by strawberries. Smoked haddock for dinner for the third time this week with vegetables and a cheese sauce made from the instant one. Fruit for dessert will come in at under 800.

Glad your weight is going back down.

Hi Celtic

I’m glad you are getting back into the swing of things. It is nice to get back into routine. Lovely you still have your Dad. I lost all of my close relatives before that age.

Hi Mino

Well done for being sneaky and having a day off of eating. The weathers lovely here and if it is the same where you are sounds the right weather for it.

Hemmy

I hope all is well with you and Kristy is getting over her tonsillitis. Enjoy the weekend.

Hi all,

A busy day for me just getting the food in and planning the cooking for next week. Hubby has managed to walk better than the other day when he had to go back to the car, very slowly but they say a bit of walking helps.

Meeting daughter for the morning shopping and lunch out. She is always busy working so I don’t get her to myself a lot.

Ginette..
    Glad the scales are looking good for you I am sure they will settle out. They do go up and down a lot but the fast day pulls you back. Good luck fingers crossed for us all πŸ˜€.

I quite like the weighing two days a week I think you can pull back if you have to. I have come in today just under 900 calories, trying to keep on track over the weekend I want the scales at least 1 pound off Tuesday.

I will be weighing in at 6 am before I go, a bit early I might of lost more at 8 am!! Lol..lol

Audrey..
    Glad the weight has gone down, as I said to Ginette it goes up and down, goods in transit it all settles down. Hope the hospital appointment went well.

Minols..
    Laughed on your secret day..shhhh…enjoy the salmon …good on a FD ..πŸ˜‡

Celtic..
    Nice you are on track again..lovely to hear from you.

Hemmy..
    Have a good weekend..xx

I will try and pop in early morning before I go if I have time.

Have a good weekend everybody.

Jean x

Hi all

Hospital appointment went well. They are having me back in to try another spot on my spine ! I have said ASAP as the other one seems to be working well.

Enjoyed my brunch today just what I wanted……

Just finished steaming the bathroom was beginning to look grubby walls shining again now I wonder if ian will notice? Hehe

Talk again tomorrow keep on keeping on people. ..

Audrey

Hi Jean

Not long to go now, you will soon see your daughter. How long is it since you last saw her?

Yes I agree with the twice a week weigh in although I have weighed more times this week, I am so worried that I won’t lose and I’m normally up more than down midweek.

Hi Audrey

I had my steamer out as well today. I did the back do or some of the skirting and then descaler the kettle and did the sink unit. Also pottered around tidying. I’m tired now as I was on the go for 4 hours. I shall do a bit more tomorrow before going to Pams.

See you all tomorrow.

Morning all

I have had a quick pop onto scales and am down 3lb… that’s the 2lb I gained plus an extra 1….

Jean hope hubby is feeling a little better would be a shame if he was still bad with back when family comes.

Ginette go easy with the steamer it is addictive hours can fly by. ..

Hemmy hope you are ok loving thoughts flying your way from me ❀❀❀.

Minols, celtic coffee hope you are all having a great bank holiday. .

Lynda enjoy your time with husband .

Will post again later just popping washing out, we are off to van on Tues for a quick break. ..

Keep in touch together we are stronger

Audrey

Morning All,

Up bright and early, meeting daughter at 10 am in Hull. As its the city of culture this year or next the city centre is upside down with building works on the pedestrian area! Could be fun she says a nightmare for walking.

Hubbys back seems a bit better but still sore, I have given him a massage this morning, ( no heels Ginette) he said it felt good I will do another one later. I have been watching back man..

Ginette..
    I saw my daughter last October but I sit and have a coffee with her at least 5 times a week on face time, we could be on for an hour her morning coffee at 9am my time afternoon tea at 3 pm. I do see the children and they have a chat even little Charlotte at 30 months!

I am up a pound today but I know it’s up and down..so no upset.

You are a busy bee with the steamer don’t do too much.

Audrey..
    It’s strange this weight, back with the 3 lb off all going downward..enjoy your break away on Tuesday. These steamers sound good careful with you back.

Hemmy, Minols, Lynda, Cmum, Karen and Celtic. Hope you are all doing well.

Have to dash catch up later.

Jean x

Hi all.

Bright sunny day here today. Feeling really good at the moment. Even a snappy husband hasn’t brought me down.
    Weigh day on Monday but so far I’ve shifted the holiday weight I gained, hurrah. Now I can get back on track and aim for the 3 stone mark.

Coldpizza – I hope the munchies have subsided.

Jean – I hope alls well with you now.

Cmum

Glad you are ok and joining me in the I have lost the holiday weight corner hehe.. it feels great doesn’t it to have control back?

Have a great weekend everybody

Audrey

Audrey
    I spoke to soon. I’ve just swept and scrubbed our decking and garden furniture while my husband sat on his sun bed doing a crossword. I’m so angry, he behaves as if he has staff waiting on him. Its things like this that get me eating to much. Deep breaths phew.
    Yes the wait loss is great. Good for you for feeling good, you deserve it. I think because we have all battled our weight loss demons a pound or two is very encouraging for us. So well done to us.
    I’m going out now to get away from the house before I give in to my emotional eating urge.
    Enjoy the sunshine today.

Cmum

Go out and spoil yourself non food wise of course…hehe πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Your husband sounds similar to my ex husband… he continually told me I was worthless fat and ugly and I was luck to have him because no one else would want me… I met a wonderful man who worshipped me and I left my husband and took great delight in telling him it was for someone else! That was my Ian and 20 plus years later are still happy and together…

I hope you manage to escape to you are worth so much more…

I am here if you ever need me

Aud

Hi Audrey

Well done on losing that weight, now we are nearly reaching an end of FBD. Not long to go at all. Although none of us want to go mad. I gave another meal out next week, I saved them all up to the end of this. The free dessert offer ends next Saturday, I will have a free ice cream again.

They have a really good seiection of vegetables, a bit skimpy on the meat roast potatoes are lovely but I only have two medium sized. The bad sage and onion roast and also normal roast potatoes. Lovely and crispy.

After I posted last night I went and had another half an hour on it, addicted only short term I think……

Hi Jean

That’s nice, the Internet has made such a difference to our lives. Nothihing like a big hug though. I hope roadworks don’t spoil her stay.

My niece lived in Hull she loved it there. She moved back when her Mum was ill.

I hope the massage is really helping, sadly the time for heels isn’t when someone is groaning in pain….save it for later. πŸ™‚

Hi CMum

You can be strong, keep reminding yourself, don’t let him wear you down, you need to build that self esteem and losing the weight will help.

Well done on losing that weight. You sound as if you are having a busy time, think that the exercise is adding to weight loss and maybe see it in a positive way. Next time I would try Audreys suggested patio cleaner also does chairs, wood, garden furniture and much more. I will post the link when I finish this post. I gave ordered some for Pams patio. (Thanks Audrey).

I will let you know the result.

Hemmy

Thinking of you, come back when you are ready, link to my Facebook page is in my profile, just click on my name to see it. Audrey contacted me this way when I was off of the forum, some times are just difficult to get through. If you don’t want to contact please don’t think you have to. Xx

Good afternoon friends

As you can see I haven’t gone away for the week, asthma has been bad and I feel safer at home. Lost the money but it’s not worth the worry and upset so I’m not too bothered about that.

Jumped on the scales and lost the 2lb I’d put on so that put a smile on my face πŸ™‚ Hoping that I can lose more by the time Tuesday comes around.

Hope you have a lovely time with your family Jean, you must be jumping through hoops to be able to give them all a big hug and spend time with them. Hopefully OH back problems will ease quickly (fingers crossed) and he also will be able to enjoy the family time. X

Audrey, I’m doing the happy dance for you! 3lbs loss is fabulous, so congratulations. πŸ™‚ It sounds as though they may be making some progress with your back, which is great. Long may it continue. Don’t be waving that steamer around too much and undo the improvement! LOL Bet you’re looking forward to your break in the van. With any luck the weather will be lovely for you – it usually is once the Bank holiday is finished. LOL

Minois hope your ‘secret FD’ went well. There’s always more than one way of skinning a cat! LOL

Well done CC on 2 good FDs… AND being strong willed enough to survive the family celebration. You should see the results on the scales when it’s your weigh day. πŸ™‚

cmum you’re in a difficult situation, but hopefully you can turn it around. A friend of mine was stopping smoking and someone close to her really upset her. Instead of turning to cigs, which would be the natural reaction, she visualised how smug that person would be if she started smoking again. It worked. Maybe you could do something similar. He expects you to give in and start eating badly again.. determine that you won’t give him the satisfaction, if he wants to laze around think of the work you’re doing as excersise that is helping you achieve your aim. If you can play him at his own game YOU WILL WIN. We’re all rooting for you. XX

Ginette it sounds as though you are having the kind of clearout/clean that my house needs – what a sense of satisfaction you’ll have when it’s finished!
    The ‘stop smoking’ CD/book has arrived – brand new for 1p! the P&P was Β£2.80 but fabulous value altogether. The ‘thin’ one isn’t here yet, but hopefully won’t be too long in arriving.

Hopwe everyone else is well and happy. KT are you still popping in? Hope you’re feeling a bit better and managing with everything. Xx

Hi Coffee

Nice to see you, sorry that you aren’t well and have missed out on a holiday, when we aren’t feeling too good home is the best place. It will give you peace of mind and hopefully soon pass. If stress makes it worse then Paul McKenna is just right. I have his control stress and thus really helps when things get bad, I also have his sleep one but I haven’t used this as the stress one sends me to sleep.

Ahh yes the steamer. I am doing different things with it. Cleaned all of the kitchen cupboards and doors, I really need to smpty the cupboards and clean inside as well, but this will have to wait. I have more pressing things to do and when it’s really hot I will do that.

Cleaning the edges and grooves in things as well. Doesn’t look like much is done to someone else but I can see it. I still have all the kitchen tiles and most of the walls to do before the kichen is ready for painting. Also kitchen cupboards to build and passage walls to strip. This will probably take me a couple of weeks.

I need to do these things as they have been waiting for a long time. I am sure I will find other things along the way…..

Hope the asthma problems reduce quickly. Breathing exercises also help to calm you. I have done these in the past. They really help bring blood pressure down.

Be back later I expect.

Hi All,

Had a lovely morning with the daughter, bought a pair of shoes, two handbags, four belts ( my old ones are too big won’t hold my trousers up) and two lipsticks…a bit naughty most of it was birthday money. Had lovely prawn sandwich and salad, I thought a good idea then …ahhhh…lemon cheesecake and cream. Worked it out on MFP and it wasn’t too bad.

Thinking of Lynda now and grandchildren…I have chocolates in, 6 packets jammy dodgers ( my favourites and the children’s), chocolates biscuits, crisps…all waiting in the cupboard I am not touching as yet! 😬😬 then baking on Monday for the children…ohh…

Audrey and Cmum..
    Glad the holiday weights come off back on track again…we all seem to be working hard it must be the spring cleaning bug…I came straight in got changed cut both lawns and strimmed, then washed the car.

Hubby feeling much better today, after the morning massage but he is just resting taking it easy.

Coffee..
    Well done on your 2 lb off, it’s a shame about your holiday but better safe and at home. Hope you soon improve take it easy.

Ginette..
    Yes hugs are nice..lots at the airport..they are a huggy family..nice..

Another meal out for me tomorrow… hope Tuesday is ok for us all.

Off to get Hubbys meal, I may have a few biscuits with cheese 150 calories!

Jean X

Evening, all! (Makes me sound like a very old policeman, in black and white!)
    Anyway, guests go tomorrow, and I will be having a more normal fast day, after today’s church BBQ. We’re perched on a busy corner at the foot of the town, and I swear everyone must have been able to smell the onions frying – definitely hoping that smell makes it to heaven! I’ll be weighing in tomorrow, and to be honest, I’ll be happy if I’ve managed to stay the same. Guests are tricky! Upside is that I’ve just discovered the boy is NOT off school on Monday – they’re doing the Bank holiday the next week. Just brilliant – I can get caught up both around the house and at work. Enjoy the long weekend everyone.

Minols….

That BBQ sounded lovely I can smell those onions..lol..lol

Strange your son is not off school Monday, thought they were off for the week.

Hope your weigh in goes OK, you can now get down to fasting properly…no secrets..

Enjoy your weekend

Xx

Coffee – Went to baby sit my grandson while my daughter went to tour the new maternity unit. She’s having our 5 th grandchild at the end of June. When I got back I finished cleaning the decking and paving. My other half was still sat in his chair and as I walked in he asked for a snack. I told him to get a pot noodle but he wasn’t impressed so went to the pub. I’m fine really. I’m finding it easier as I do feel stronger and more in control. I wish Id have felt like this 20 yrs ago.

Audrey – Thanks for the link to the patio cleaner. I already bought some as its easier than jet spraying. Just need to dig the garden now. I wish there was a spray for that as I have a bad shoulder so its difficult for me.I have to do it or it doesn’t get done.

Hi Jean

Your day sounded lovely in every way. Can your daughter see you have lost weight? It will be hard to keep your hands off those goodies. Temptation everywhere. Pam put up half a family size pie each!! I took half of this off the plate and Pam did as well and still didn’t finish what she had left.

Nice that you bought new clothes. I’m glad you are keeping busy you need to work that cheesecake off somewhere. Lemon cheesecake is my favourite.

Hi Mino

You as well talking about foods and fried onions at that. I am pleased to say I am on the straigh and narrow at the moment. Without counting Pams meals of course.

I hope you manage to stay the same, some time to yourself now. Lovely.

Just weighed in…believe it or not, 1lb lost! Remarkable considering all the cream, full fat yog, cheese I’ve eaten this week. Very few carbs, and in theory no sugar (but I’ve been sneaking chocolates!) My guests leave today, and the freezer is full of creamy soups that I would not normally ever allow myself. They are yummy, rich, and apparently fat is what my brain needs (think that might make me a ‘fat-head’?!) In a bit of a quandary – do I try to be high fat this week (low carb, and try not to eat lots of sweet stuff unless I make it with stevia), or do I go back to just trying to be low cal?

Try changing your tastes by having less sugar in your diet. I have given up sugar in my tea after 40+ years and after a week of moaning it was fine. If I eat less of the sweet stuff and don’t have the desire to binge. I have been making my own yoghurt(heat milk to 85C then allow to cool to 46C then add 3 tbsp/500mls OR a small pot of live yohurt to 850mls(my thermos will fit 1 litre) and then pour into a pre warmed thermos flask, tighted the led and leave for 8 hours. I keep mine in the fridge in a couple of jam jars. Next batch-use some of the yoghurt as the ‘starter’) from full fat milk for the past few weeks and feel much fuller for longer. I have also ditched the meusli(homemade with porridge oats and dried fruit) to a seed and nut mix that is toasted and I feel better. I am trying more fat and less carbs(smaller portions of brown rice/pasts less often) and I certainly think that there is a difference to how I feel and I have started to shrink again. I am on half term this week, so will have complete control over what I eat. I am going to see what happens/how I feel and whether I manage to lose any of this very stubborn belly fat.

Stevia is highly processed.Try without it.

Have a look at a you tube clip, I think that it is called something like I ate butter and my pants fall off.

Morning All,

A dull day here hope it improves.

A bit of housework before we lunch out. Think I might go with a carvery with a couple of potatoes….half Guinness??

Ginette..
    You made me laugh…meat pie…hubby usually says to me ‘ are we feeding the street?’ when I make one. We have them rarely it’s Hubbys favourite, I have to give in occasionally.

I am still one pound up today, I felt and looked very bloated last night, only could have been the sweet lemon cheesecake.

I am not touching any naughties here at the moment…πŸ˜‡

Cmum..
    You sound very busy in the garden mind your shoulder. Hoping things improve for you I understand completely.

The men don’t understand how you fight to keep it to work then after awhile you plod on in your own world, your children and grand children’s. I had a brother and sister/ housekeeper relationship for the last 10 years of my marriage while he was doing his own thing at the pub, cricket, rugby and football! and sleeping between the pub!! Only thought he had was for himself. My solicitor said to me..you have a very controlling husband…I never looked at it that way…after 31 years you get used to it.

My lovely hubby now says I am very confident now a different person from when he met me. We discuss what we are doing for the day each morning, what we are eating for the day and fall in with each other, it works well.

Minols..
    Well done on your pound off you have done very well.

I believe in high fat and low carbs, lot of things about low fat not being good now but it depends what you believe and read. Each to your own thoughts who is right?

I still can’t get my head around, full milk and sugar in tea for hubby he has sweeteners, I see the calories and he won’t drink it without sugar. I don’t win there. If I have a gin it would be low cal because it counts too high at the moment to have ordinary! Although I am not a fizzy drink person. So l think balance out best you can.

Have your soups and enjoy it will fill you up more. You can’t waste them, no bread! Lol .lol

Have a nice rest, a bit of you time, before the arrival of your new grandchild in June.

Annette..
    Lovely to hear from you. Hope all is going well for you. You have been on this way of life for awhile now, 3 years? Did you ever get your waist and height measurement to match?

I feel like you, the sugar and carbs must be restricted it’s the enemy but we all have our own thoughts. It’s reading, seeing and believing which path suits ourselves.

Hemmy..hope you are all having a lovely weekend we are thinking and missing you. Hugs. Xx

Must get on…I will pop back later

Jean X

Symba, your hubby sounds lovely. Yes how you described your previous relationship is pretty much mine. I spent most of my younger years at home on my own crying waiting for him to come in. My daughters know I’m not happy but they said they never noticed how unhappy growing up and I hid it very well. We will have been married 40 yrs next January and the thought of the rest of my life living like this is horrible. If I left it would affect the whole family and I’m scared how it would be. Not for me as I’m used to spending lots of time alone but for them. I don’t want to spend the rest of my life being a servant, housekeeper and general dogs body. Very difficult. I’m sure as the weight comes off my confidence will grow. Well that’s the plan.

Mino

Well dove in losing a pound a great result!!

I too have been pondering this. I try to have fat, it is so difficult when you train yourself over many years to have low fat as an option. I really couldn’t have full fat milk. I was never fond of this. I can happily however have cream but normally on desserts, butter but only during cooking, I can’t stand a lot of butter spread on bread, for Pam you can cut chunks of it off and she would be happy, cheese is ok although I know I have the reduced fat mature right now.

When your brain is used to rejecting these foods it is so hard to reverse this……. and is this right? Again with youhurt I am fine but with youghurt normally comes a lot of sugar. I have Skyr as that is reduced sugar. Pams youghurts the thick and creamy from lidl were over 200 calories and over 5 teaspoons of sugar.

To find a good halfway mark would be great. I love the fact that you have eaten a lot of cheese and cream.

A trial of this is good, if it achieves results it is great. Am I brave enough?? It is strange as I’m sure you are finding to change your set wants to some that were at one time really a no go area. I would love to know your results if you try.

Hi Annette

I am having kess sugar and I can see the benefit. I am no longer drawn as I was to sweet foods. I am however having more fruit, this does of course contain sugar. At the moment mostly strawberries, melon and oranges. A kiwi here and there thrown in as well.

Years ago like you I took sugar in tea but not in coffee. Gave up quite easily although I only took one.

I can easily eat a fried breakfast although I have this once in a blue moon and often when I go out for one as I don’t like all the washing up.

French bread (in France) interestingly is made with oil. I love a nice soup at lunch time and a couple of slices of French bread. I know that I weighed the bread when I was there once and I think six slices were equivalent to either one or two English slices. Next time I am there I will go again and take my kitchen scales. I buy the bread ready sliced so it is very thin.

I have a youghurt maker that I got from a car boot sale for Β£2, I have never used it. I may try it when I sort the kitchen and it is decorated so probably a few weeks away yet.

I have found that although I love porridge, it triggers hunger pangs so have it as a treat in the evening sometimes.

This way of life is certainly making me question what I am eating a bit more, especially these last few weeks.

As with the belly fat I was only looking at that last night after I had been on the forum. Mostly they said that exercise is needed to shift it. Aerobic. I can see I will getting the Wii Exerbeat back out as they have lots on there. The good thing about these as they are various lengths from about 2 minutes to over 30. This means you can mix and match, you can build your own program and you can start slowly. All good for me.

Hi Jean

I agree he does sound lovely as does Audrey’s. You are both so lucky to have them. I haven’t ever missed one, I was out off of relationships by my first one, but if someone came along then I would never rule it out. I have lived on my own fir a long time now and I am quite happy, I have my neighbour who goes out for meals with me, although he is a similar age we are really chalk and cheese. Good company for a while but we don’t find each other attractive in the least and would not be suited in personality.

Carvery sounds just the job, a nice easy time of it and plenty of choice. I don’t even eat the Yorkshire, I sometimes get a small one to carry the peas in but don’t eat it, no taste in them for me. Do you know which carvery you are going to? If it is the Toby look up their offers. Others have offers too especially this time of the year. Worth a look.

That pie!! What can I say, it was massive, thankfully not very tasty either. I was in charge of oven chips so only a small portion here. They were bland as well. Just as well.

I am about six inches out at the moment for my waist measurement to match. But it is my stomach that is the problem. I am a smaller size as my blouses are loose at the top but fit around the stomach. Of course bust area always shrinks first, I didnt mind that though it can stop now.

Well done for keeping off the treats. I am showing 2lbs off but I can feel my knees aching and I know that I am retaining water again, it was 23 yesterday and looks about the same today. Temperature indoors is over 22. Kitchen is cooler though so this is where I shall be working later. Not too much today though.

Hi CMum

Yes I can see how it must be difficult after so long. It just becomes a way of life. Get slimmer, this will make you more confident and find alternative things to do to keep you happy and motivated.

The weight coming off will really help your self esteem.

Only about a day and a half to weigh in……. Keep strong.

Hi all

I am at the caravan…. yesterday my back decided to play up and I ended up at the out of hours Dr… to cut a long story short they have me some diazepam and told Ian I need to rest…

Ian rang work booked the week off and this morning packed me and the dogs up and brought us here.

He has forgotten to pack a lot of stuff including the scales so I cannot do my final weigh on tues. But I am a 3 lb down from last week….we had to turn around twice once for my purse!!!
    I am a bit spaced out so will sign off

Hope you are all ok

Will be in touch again soon

Audrey

Hi Annette

Just reading this. The first part of it is about sugar.

http://dailym.ai/20PB5N1

Hi Audrey

Sorry, posts must have crossed. Oh what a shame, don’t worry about the scales, think about resting and getting better. Ian is lovely to put you first and take you away.

Look in when you get better. Thinking of you xx

Thanks ginette

Talk soon..

Aud

Weighed yesterday and am 1.9 lb down since last weighing and back under 14 st. Horray. FD for us here today, and just liquid so far so think rest of day should go fine. Went to meet friends at a local campsite for the annual birthday bash, took the dogs. Met some lovely people. Including a great couple who our friends oldest friends and it turns out have lived over the road fro my Dad for the last three years!Small world eh? Stu was rather quiet, not sure if it was because their were lots of people and it can be hard for him to process or if he was mopey because every one there was a biker, although not every one had motor bikes with them. I wish we could find some one who could take him out pillion regularly (and me too I really miss it). Hope every ones having a gooc weekend.

Hi all – on the yogurt thing – I’ve been eating low fat plain greek style, but I have it with something like raspberries, sesame seeds, oats, hazelnuts, and for sweetness just use dessicated coconut…don’t miss the sugar at all. But for my husband – he’s not supposed to have lactose (too complicated to explain his supposed diet), but we make him yogurt in a Lakeland yogurt maker that keeps it at a steady heat for 24 hours to destroy the lactose…he then packs it full of honey – sets my teeth on edge. he loves the creaminess of the yogurt, though.

Ginette..

I have had a couple of lovely hours with our caravan friends, the meal was lovely. I decided on the carvery roast beef, three roasties, peas and Yorkshire pud…I couldn’t eat a meal without my Yorkshire, I am not a great veg girl, although I eat them raw and in soups. It was a private pub so food is always great.

Hubby is lovely, always puts me first, buys me a new phone and uses my old one, just bought me a new Fitbit as my battery keeps going flat on me, said I use and need it! I look after him in a different way, I always help with any DIY chores he is doing, we always share the work load whatever it is.

It’s lovely to have your neighbour to go out with, then go home and shut the door. It’s not often you find the right one, if not you are better on your own. I said I would never marry again, it depends who you meet.

Enjoy your day at Pams you usually go up today.

Audrey..
    Enjoy the caravan and hope your back settles again. It’s very unpredictable at the moment you must rest up. Hubby is very gently moving about but is a bit better.

The 3 pound off is very good you will have to weigh in when you get back..I will be lucky if I stay the same hope I am not up!

Have a good break.

Jean x

Viewing 50 posts - 4,751 through 4,800 (of 35,392 total)

You must be logged in to reply.