Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,826 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  hemmy 3 hours, 3 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 4,251 through 4,300 (of 35,311 total)

• Hi KT,

I did say in my opinion…I was only telling you what happened to me after having the camera down. I didn’t mean to upset you and I am not getting into a slanging match. You are far too unwell.

Enough said

We have had a long lazy day but nice.

I had a fruit breakfast with a ham omelette a sprinkle of cheese with salad tonight, I think Hemmy said about it thought a good idea quite filling, on these cold days.

I felt a bit peckish this afternoon, I was reading so it passed.

I had cornflakes and strawberries the other day, my favourite breakfast, it didn’t hit the spot strange…quite into my fruit!

X

Ginette

I had the porridge last week and it did exactly the same to me I could not STOP eating…. I always thought it was supposed to fill you up for the day. …apparently not haha !

Jean,

Such a shame your weekend away turned out so expensive…I too copied hemmy fast day idea with the eggs…. I scrambled mine! I have a lovely hot chocolate to look forward to for later. Am hoping the scales show a loss tomorrow I have been very good today. …

Will let you all know tomorrow how my caserole turns out…. although after a fast day I will pretty much eat anything!

Audrey

Hi Audrey and Ginette

I have porridge every morning with honey and cinnamon 99 cals and it. Keeps me going till about 12:30 ish it’s strange how things trigger hunger. When I was on hols I was eating all the not so healthy foods which triggered acid and also bouts of diarrhea (sorry if you having tea) this is a side effects of having no gall bladder so healthy eating is the way go for me.

Lynda x

Audrey..
    We have bright ideas then they don’t work…never mind. We will have a few days away in caravan instead lol

Hope the casserole works well, you will have to let us know. I still fancy making the hairy bikers curry (Ginette) but haven’t got around to it.

Do you make your hot chocolate with water or milk?

Hope the scales are good after our fast day…

Hemmy…
    Hope you have had a good day with Mum you will be ready for a cuppa..and feet up.

Jean x

OMG .. those damn carbs…. Really noticed it today.

This morning had 2 Weetabix for breakfast as I had ran out of fruit. Well by 12.30 I was starving. So at the bakery café Mum and I shared a cheese onion and potato pasty … and half a jam doughnut each.

Tonight at 5pm I was just yearning for something sweet.. lucky today the only thing I bought was a berry tart from Lidl for Sunday Lunch.
    I do not have one sweet morsel in the cupboard. Even thought of popping to the shop for sweets or chocolate. Anyway spoke to myself sharply and put on my dressing gown. Lolol
    Its the first time I haven’t bought anything after Gine saying she cant have these things in the house.

Thank you Gine from the bottom of my heart.

That’s really taught me a lesson today. We always have that lunch but because I usually have the fruit I am not really hungry … then feel full for hours after.

Another big lesson learned today.. it could have been a bad one if I had that sweet stuff here. YAY YAY YAY .. I didn’t thank god .

Aud I know just where you are coming from about your family and your Mum. My brother and wife in Norfolk …are bloody awful to Mum and I .

They visit Mum once a year at Xmas.. and expect the fatted calf for their arrival… Blow the trumpet and all that. Both very fit and able .. ride all over the country for EBay stuff.

Well Kristy and I have washed our hands on them.. speak when necessary. I would be surprised if after Mum passes I ever speak to them again. I feel so let down everything to do with Mum on my shoulders.
    Don’t get me wrong I love her and her company .. very young at heart .. Kristy adores her. But its not the point .. like you it should be shared. I often say I manage two households.

True though we will never have to reproach ourselves Aud.

Sorry you are under par today .. rest up a bit. Xx

Hi Sym

What a shame about that show. That did turn out expensive.

Do you look at Groupon or Wowcher they have really good deals. We did our London hotel meal for peanuts. Plus the Brighton one. Really excellent.
    I am sure they do the shows.

Hi Gine
    I bought some Rhus Tox homeopathic remedy for my aches. I used it years ago and it was good. Also a lovely young man in Holland and Barrett which really helps . Lolol

Hope your day is going well. Xx

Coffee how is it going with you. Xx

Lynda hope you feel better soon. xx

KT hope your throat will soon improve . Good you have the all clear from the camera. Take care. Xx

CMum .. well done you girl.. we are all going to crack this together. xx

Karen CC hope you are doing ok. Xx

Night all

I am away to my bed after a successful fast day yippee!

Jean I have the hot chocolate drink you make with water 80 kcals…. yummy…

Talk tomorrow may have a quick peek at the scales hehe

Audrey

Audrey,

Yes a peek…night night
    X

Oohh it’s looking good for weigh in on Saturday…. that’s all I am saying…😆😆😆😆

Night all

On channel 5 now secret life of puppies… guaranteed to cheer us all up… try to catch it on plus an hr or catch up tv…

Audrey

Hi Jean

Me too, fruit low and so changed for today, porridge was for lunch, the fruit was a good idea of Hemmys never makes me hungry as long as it isn’t Apple.

I have omlette some days for a change but I prefer chicken or fish with veg.

I have had a lazy day as well I didn’t intend to but I have the next few days which are busy.

Hi Audrey

Yes I’m not touching porridge or weetabix at all in the 6 weeks ….week what is left of it, I have fine nothing but pick today. Fruit tomorrow, I shall take two oranges and a flask with me for when I am waiting at the hospital. It says to allow up to 4 hours and he wants picking up at about 8.15. Very early for me to be out, I shall have to leave here about 10 to 8. I shall post if they have the Internet or on my phone if I have a signal.

Hi Hemmy

Well done, you see if you had something in you would gave been tempted. Best thing you could do not buy it. Oh those carbs again…….

You can always make a sugar free jelly or have some rhubarb at the ready. I shall make a jelly on Saturday. It satisfies that sweet urge without adding a lot of calories. I add a couple of teaspoons of youghurt to it and sometimes even have it on a fast day as I do with the rhubarb, all about stretching those calories, rhubarb is really low as well.

Ah yes, another person taking full responsibility for a mother. Even when there were times I would have like to discuss the beast thing to do for Mums illness it was pointless talking to them as they didn’t know how it affected her in everyday life. But the privilege was also all mine, I don’t regret a minute of it and I mad a point of telling my Mum that I loved having her live with me and that she was never a burden but that I enjoyed caring for her, I role her that she kept me out of trouble. All true apart from the last bit, I don’t normally look for trouble. 🙂

Hi Lynda

I think we learn over time what affects us, we are all different. Keep on doing whatever works for you.

Hi Audrey

Glad your day went well. Now I am intrigued to find out how you have done when weigh in comes.

Night all.

Ginette

HI all

Sorry I’ve been missing all day, I had unexpected company which I really enjoyed.

WELL DONE LYNDA on your 6lb loss. What a fantastic start for you, and not suprised you kept getting on and off the scales – I did the same and it was 3lb not 6! LOL

So glad your day went well Audrey and looking forward to what the scales say when it’s your weigh day. I hope your tummy clears up soon, it might stop us eating when it’s upset but it’s not a very nice way to have to do it.

Another WELL DONE to cmum. It’s great when we see results from out efforts, and a lovely ‘kick in the teeth’ for those who hope we fail! Don’t be so hard on yourself – going a few cals over on a FD isn’t going to make much of a difference one way or the other X

Ginette I hope you feel better tomorrow. It’s debilitating when you lose sleep. I think you know that everyone on here is sending you healing thoughts that hopefully will work some magic for you. X Thanks also for putting up the link to the debate. I’ve managed to register I think. LOL

Jean well spotted on the Michael link – it sounds as though it will be really interesting, so thank you. Pity about the show break costing so much, but I agree it’s expensive for such a short time away.

It sounds as though you had a tough day Hemmy, so all in all you did really well. A friend of mine always says ‘I can resist anything except temptation’
    Which we can probably all agree with so it’s better not to have it in the house if it can be helped. LOL

All I’ve had today was a small portion of oven chips with mushy peas and 2 slices of bread… no idea what the calorific content of that mishmash is! LOL

KT hope you’re feeling better. Remember people here are on your side and only trying to help. X

Night all xx

Hi Coffee

I’m really feeling much better than last week thanks. I think it was just adapting. I have had a lot of carbs today (yesterday now). So I shall only gave fruit tomorrow am.

Glad you have had some nice company. We are here anytime.

Just wanted to post a link about portion sizes. I will say, whoever would only eat half a scone!!

http://dailym.ai/1VDPddo

Off to bed now as I have to be up at 6.30 and I know I won’t go straight to sleep.

Ginette

Hi Ginette

Glad you’re feeling a bit better and hope you manage to get at least some sleep and that you can manage to fit in some time for a good long nap tomorrow. I think you’ll need it.

Thanks for the link – had to laugh a bit at the porion sizes, the scone reminded me of a friend who used to keep a dish full of water in the sink. Whenever she was ‘tempted’ whilst in the kitchen she usually managed to fling the tempting article into the bowl of water – it was usually a scone! lol Mind you it must have worked because she did manage to lose stones.

Speak later X

Hi Coffee

I agree, still awake, it’s very annoying. I hope to get a couple of hours though. Portion sizes were very small I agree.

Ginette

Generally sound advice regarding portion size apart from this very interesting statement.

“Luckily for pasta fans, Emma says there are ‘no restrictions’ on how much pasta you should have a day but said wholewheat pasta is a better alternative for those concerned about the 247 calories in a portion. Plus there are extra calories in the added sauce.”

Why on earth would there be no restrictions on pasta? Of all the foods that were canvassed this one was the most calorific dense food mentioned!! And that’s before you’ve even added the sauce to it. The difference between wholemeal and standard refined wheat is so small that the only true difference can only be exploited by PR companies when they advertise that particular food as “more” healthy.

I know everyone is different Ginette but if you’ve over indulged in carbs why would you then have fruit the next day to make up for it? Fruit by its very nature contains large amounts of fructose, one of the simplest carbs and one that must be processed by the liver and stored as fat. It can not be used directly for energy, the body uses glucose for that. Don’t get me wrong I think fruit is great (dried fruit I wouldn’t eat if you paid me) and I have it in moderation, but not if Im deliberately wanting to cut back on carbs.

Hi bigbooty

Nice to see you here. The only reason that I want to start the day with fruit is it doesn’t trigger wanting to eat more whereas porridge, cereal or bread does. It does work for me and a few others on this thread. Plus as we are meant to eat 5/7 fruit and veg to have a couple of portions of fruit I think isn’t a bad thing. I often have strawberries and melon fairly low in calories, but sometimes oranges or rhubarb.

I also count it into my 500 if it is a fast day. Thanks for your advice though. I give pasta a miss most of the time, I think I have only had one portion in a year, I can quite easily eat two portions in a sitting that they show here. I only have wholemeal and try to cook it, cool it and reheat it to cut the calories down. The sauce I only gave tomato, onion, herbs and Parmesan. I think that this as a treat is quite acceptable.

Also I only have pasta at night so it doesn’t trigger those cravings during the day.

Ginette

Morning ALL

AUDREY IS DANCING ROUND THE ROOM….

Just nipped on scales and down 4lb…. under 150 lbs….. wow cannot believe it! if this is what ADF does count me in,,,,,,

Now I just have to eat sensibly today ready for tomorrow’s official weigh in…..

Audrey

Morning All,

Audrey…

Wow Wow Get that music playing….That’s great 4 lbs off…under 150lbs..are you getting near you goal? After a break as well..have you done ADF all week?

Ginette…
    Hope you are up and running this morning..how you do it with no sleep!! Have a snooze later. Hope your friend isn’t too long, you are a Good Samaritan xx
    Up in the night like you are..we are a 24 hour help line..lol..lol

Coffee..
    Another one up in the night…Glad you had a good evening with company…I watched Michael video..interesting…we have missed 3 earlier videos which is a shame. Unless I can find them.

Scales looking good for me this morning down 1 lb….😀…Log weigh in Tuesday..

How are you Hemmy, any more weighing in mid week today??

Speak later
    Jean x

How can I miss Hubby…1 lb down also…his weekly weigh in..
    X

Hi jean

Congratulations on yours and hubby loss glad it’s finally coming down for you both. .

Last week I had 18 lbs to go to get to my healthy bmi… if I keep this weight off it will be 14 lbs left with 14 lbs lost since I re -started in January. ….

I don’t think I will stop at the 14 lbs but that is my aim to get from obese to healthy bmi…

I have to be good today to keep my loss… Sausage casserole for tea with mash? If I stick to only this may do it… and yes I have done alternate days all week…. it’s not too bad but going to mums tomorrow is throwing my days off so I have to do a healthy day today after my fast yesterday…. shouldn’t be too bad have worked calories out to 314 for caserole plus 181 for the mash…. comes in at just under 500….

Wish me luck it’s looking like a B2B for me!

Audrey

Hi Audrey

Well done!! What a great result if I wasn’t in a hospital waiting room I would dance round for you. The pounds have all dropped away. At least that hard day in the week has now shown results.

I did get about an hour an a half in a chair, I thought this was safest. Set two alarms as well. He was worried about being late but we were half an hour early so all was ok.

Hi Jean

Well done on your pound, to be honest jumping on the scales was the last thing on my mind this morning.

Waiting time today in the hospital is only one and a half to two and a half hours.

Yes I couldn’t cope with these short nights very often. They have a guest internet here so hence the post.

I used to take his sister to a Christmas party every year many years ago. He is my cousins uncle and he didn’t know me so a bit nerve racking for him to see if I was reliable, would turn up on time etc. We arrived half an hour early.

I hope my curtain pole is ready to pick up when I drop him home. Then I will be heading to wilkinsons, I need this as the cat swang on the last one a year ago as a kitten, he was chasing a fly. The other one was plastic and had got brittle over the years. I never close my curtains but like them to dress the window. I also need some wood glue to do some repair jobs.

Hope your loss continues.

Good morning friends hope all is well with you and yours.

Another pretty morning .. hopefully a warmer one.

Gine hope today goes well for you. I do wish you were able to get a really good sleep though. I wonder what we can find to help you. Still, bet you have tried most things they suggest.
    Glad the fruit is working well for you… feel like I have been doing it forever now. So easy too. We will have all the lovely cheaper soft fruit to look forward too.
    Have a good day .. willing it to pass smoothly for you and the old gent. Xx

Coffee Well done for such a good day especially with company .. that’s when its easy to go off the rails. Xx

Hi Bigbooty the pasta statement does sound strange lol fancy that. I think its like the fruit .. we just have to try and test things to suit our bodies. Like in everything else one size doesn’t really fit all. Xx

Aud Ooooh really well done… 4lbs thats brilliant girl. So thrilled for you. Roll on tomoz weigh day for you. Xx

Sym well done to you both another lb goes away for good. You like like you are on course for our 2lbs loss on Tuesday. Well done girly. Yay.

Have a lovely day Brit lovelies…

Bad habits are like a comfy bed, easy to get into and hard to get out of. Lolol Xx So true. Xx

Ginette you really are a friend in need ….. Let’s hope you get a bit of sleep later…

I am over the moon if I keep this off I am almost at target, into my last stone. … Ian says when I reach my healthy bmi we can celebrate by going TO KFC! I hope he is joking…. once I reach it I will then decide how much more I need to lose…

I am back into size 12 clothes now, I have a small frame so I suppose a size 10 is possible. ..I almost forgot I am back to Kates wedding weight again now too!

Aud

Lol Aud posted together. Xx

I can feel your excitement here … what an uplifting start to the day. Xx

I agree with you what a wonderful person we have in Gine….Caring and so thoughtful. Xx

Audrey..
    I am sure you will be fine still in the allowance..and I do wish you look I will be waiting for your results…hope the record still playing..lol

I have now 10 lbs to get into healthy BMI but like you I think I want to go lower if I can to get more in the middle of BMI.I might go down in half stones as with being older don’t want to look haggard and see how I look.

It will be awhile yet. Like Karen I would like to keep on board here for support as I think it’s the hardest to keep off.

Ginette..
    Looks like you are there for the morning…hope you get your curtain pole sorted ..

Xx

Hi Audrey

Posts must have crossed. How lovely that you are moving closer to the healthy range, I am hoping at the end of FBD to be into the obese range, sounds strange to be excited about this but I will be really pleased. A stone to lose sounds much better than 18lbs for you as well.

Ginette

Wrong look ..😬

Hemmy…

Lots of posts crossed

Have a lovely day whatever you are doing…Kirsty nearly back 😀

X

Just rang my mum, it’s snowing hard in Lancashire. … Let’s hope it clears by tomorrow. ….

Thanks for all your support and good wishes I too will be sticking around once I reach target, will need help to maintain. ..

Have I told you we are off for holiday in caravan a week tomorrow? Will be gone almost 2 weeks, I need to be very good whilst I am away I don’t want to relapse again. …

Ginette I was obese when I started in Feb last year so you can do this I will be here to support you however long it takes… together we are stronger, and we will all do this together. ..

Audrey

Audrey…
    We are also going away for 6 days a week on Monday…I will have to be strong too…the sun will be shining 😀 Xx

Ginette..
    You have been through many goals this last year, you must be very proud of yourself. We all say it’s a long slow progress, hubby says slowly slowly as long as it’s going down.

Going through to the next BMI is another great goal.

You have to have a ‘Lot Of Well Done’s’…xxx

Looks like we will all be around a long time…lots of support with friends. 😀 xxx

Jean….

I am taking lots of frozen home made food with us and am going to try to stick to the ADF… I have decided to do 5 weeks so I can join in with you on your FBD…. if that’s allowed?

Audrey

Hi Hemmy

I see posts crossed again. Thank you all for keeping me busy, in the hot atmosphere of the waiting room I am finding it difficult to stay awake.

Once I drop him off and maybe make him a sandwich and drink, I shall head to wilkinson and pick up pole if the email arrives and then go to Pams and fall asleep in the chair.

Hi Audrey

As we get older if we need to go to day centres I wonder what music they will be playing, slade, Bowie, Simon and Garfunkle?? It’s a strange thought isn’t it. I can imagine us dancing to Tiger Feet…..

Yes I shall just carry on down. I imagine you will be maintaining by then.

I saw that snow was forcast this morning. No snow in the south but with this strange weather I wouldn’t be surprised.

Of course you can join us. Glad to have you on board. It will be 4 weeks to go if you start next Monday. .

Hi Jean

Don’t forget to take your willpower with you. I do hope the weather improves by then.

Ginette,

I have already done this week with my ADF . I think I may have confused you I am going to stick with my ADF for the next 4 weeks to support you all and tag along for 5 weeks in total. .. if you will have me? I couldn’t manage the full FBD. …

Hope you get seen soon and manage a nap later…

I can picture us with our zimmer frames rocking along perhaps a bit of meat loaf too? Like a bat out of hell is being played at my funeral. ….

Audrey

Ginette…
    Rocking to the music..we will be rocking and rolling….hope we are fit in the head to remember…you did make me giggle X

Audrey..
    Love to have you on board you was about there anyway…doesn’t matter which way we do it as long as it suits you. X …..it would be nice to get a chunk off..

Yes I am going to have to think Food for holiday…hubby likes treats..so I have to let him think he’s having some when he isn’t 😂 A hard one…I like to BBQ’s and I always have wine part of the package!! ☹️

Hemmy..
    Had to go out for my fruit, then bought all extra food! A ribeye for tomorrow night but it’s not real big…hubby picked up two big sirloins I told him he likes ribeyes better 😅 Baffle them with science! Lol

Changing my weigh in to a Tuesday is making me think food through the weekend to the weigh in…wouldn’t want to sabotage it….like I usually do 😀 Chasing two weigh ins…and don’t want it to go up on either!
    My half bottle of merlot from last weekend still waiting…what a good girl I am..

X

Michaels video…no 4..

Shape my life

If you go on ‘yesterday’s’ video at the top, I don’t know if I pressed it twice but I have all the videos from the beginning.

If anyone wants to watch them.

Maybe you can still register now and watch the back ones ( non at the weekend) some more next week..looks like two X 30 mins each day.

X

Hi all

I managed to swerve cake and pork pie, also offered chips and avoided. The worst I had was a gammon sandwich in wholemeal bread. Now sitting in a chair very soon to fall asleep I’m sure xx

Ginette…
    I would go to bed and see if you can have a couple of hours…you must be shattered x

Good afternoon everyone

Audrey WELL DONE GIRL! I’m dancing round the room with you, what a fantastic result…and just goes to prove what you’re always saying – together we can do it! With your new found determination I’m sure you’ll be OK while you’re away on holiday and will enjoy it all the more knowing you’re going to come back lighter 🙂 Brilliant that you’re joining in for the remaining weeks. Xx

Well done to you and hubby Jean, doesn’t it feel great when the scales show a loss. I’m sure you’ll also manage to be good while on holiday.. as long as you can continue to bamboozle hubby! LOL
    Going to try an look at the videos shortly… thanks Xx

Hope all is going well with you Hemmy. Yes I was pleased that I managed to resist eating too much yesterday, wouldn’t it be great if the doctors could come up with a ‘determination’ pill! LOL

Ginette I hope you manage a decent nap. I’m sure you’ve tried every known remedy already, but can’t the doctor help, even with something like a muscle relaxant to get you over to sleep?
    Like you I’m going to be here for the duration, I still have loads of weight to lose and even once the target weight is reached (!) I’ll still need, and hopefully give, support and encouragement.

And at this point friends I want to say thank you for all the help and support already given. It means a lot. XXX

Hi all
    Well mother has landed its started sweets in the car on our way up mind you they were sugar free but only had 1 and she bought baking potatoes as they slimming lol

Audrey well done to you fingers crossed for tomorrow weigh in.

Lynda X

Will pop back later when sorted mum out.

Coffee,

Are you up and working in the night or are you sleepless like Ginette?

I was having one of those nights so I came on here to have a moan about 2 am…and I couldn’t believe Ginette when she came back to me…I thought I was all alone!

As I said earlier 24 hour service for help! 😀

All stronger together…it works

X

Hi Jean

The reason I’m up most nights is because I’m a 24/7 Carer for Hubby. His sleep pattern is eratic and he very often sleeps all day and is awake all night. Think I could sleep for England if left to my own devices 🙂 He went away for 2 weeks respite and I spent nearly the whole 2 weeks in bed…. snoring! LOL

Definitely right Jean… we are stronger together. X

Glad your Mam got there OK Lynda. I think most mothers are the same, they show their love by feeding us!

Speak later x

Hi Jean

I am flagging now, but not quite ready for bed. I got three half an hours in I just fell asleep at Pams when she was out and there was someone selling something on the phone, gave them short shrift, then fell asleep agin Pam came in and I woke up, followed by my son, got half an hour more sleep later.

Food went out the window. My son has a lady who likes to keep are things specially for him. She had enough a strange thing I have never seen before, the bread of a crusty loaf was scooped out, cheese, Parma ham, Parmesan, peppers were the stuffing with olive oil and herbs.

He didn’t like the peppers and as there was a lot I ended up with a big chunk. She also made him some pea soup, calvados and apple cake and crumble. She likes to mother him. You will be pleased to know that I didn’t eat anything sweet apart from an orange.

I felt cold today, maybe being tired.

Hi Coffee the support goes all ways here, you do your fair share of supporting as well. You sound as if you have a lot to cope with and if you are someone who eats with stress that will always be working against you.

We will battle on and will conquer, good days will outnumber the bad and we will win through. The Mach is really earning that one bad day can be easily overcome, it is the overall battle that counts.

Keep strong, as Audrey says, together we are stronger, so true.

It is nice to have someone to talk to in the early hours…..

When my Mum died I slept for almost three months, that was the way it affected me, I was signed off of work with exhaustion. Have you nobody who can help with the practical things, even if someone just helped with the housework it would give you less to do.

Hi Lynda

At least she bought you sugar free, she is trying. A small baking potato won’t hurt, I have this sometime.

Audrey

Have you made your sausage casserole yet?

Morning all

Beautiful out there this morning been for a power walk over 10.00 steps done.

Mother still in Bed she order porridge for breakfast,left me a note last night lol

Lynda

Morning All,

A lovely bright morning.

I am colouring my hair this morning and hubby cleaning the car. Looks like I have got out of that job we usually do it together.

Lynda…10,000 steps this morning great going…made me laugh about the porridge…at least it’s healthy. Enjoy your time with your Mum…special times…

Ginette…hoping you are feeling a bit better and had a better nights sleep. My friend did this crusty bread thing 40 odd years ago, I thought it strange then, I think she filled it with mince and onions with some veg not a lot of gravy. I think it was nice but I have never made it maybe not that nice?

Coffee…you must get exhausted and have no time to yourself. All carers need a medal and all the help they can get. You do it through love which we all would do. Hoping you get some some help to give yourself even a couple of hours break. At least we are here for a chat when you can fit us in xxx

Hemmy….are you getting ready for Kirsty arriving…I shall be having one Merlot this evening with my steak.

Audrey …..what are you doing today? Anything nice…

Have a good weekend everybody

Speak later
    Jean X

Good morning friends hope all is well with you and yours.

Another pretty day…the gardens are really waking up now.

Off to Oxford today with My friend who is in the middle of an on off divorce. 40 yrs is a long time just to discard even if your trust has been broken.

So some shopping .. then calling at a farm tearoom for afternoon tea and a chat. Lol

Kristy Mr P duty.

Gine you must try to get some good rest today … you will get run down. Be kind to yourself. You are important like those you help. Xx

Aud … Is today your weigh day. Xx

Sym … how very clever to avoid that car cleaning. One of my worst jobs. Lol

Coffee .. I take my hat of to you mate. You have my greatest respect for what you are doing. Look after you too though. Xx

Linda .. Good for your Mum.. reckon she will keep you on your toes. Just like mine. xx

KT hope you are feeling better. Take care. Xx

Have a lovely week-end all…

Brit lovelies Happiness is not something ready-made. It comes from our own actions.” Xx

Hemmy,

Enjoy your day in Oxford and the shopping…farm tea room sounds good…enjoy your chat..

Xx

Hi Lynda

10,000 in the morning, I know my steps per day are very low. You can relax and enjoy your day. Smiled at your Mums porridge order.

Hi Jean

I had a much better night thanks, only been up a while, I eventually last looked at the clock at 3. Your stuffed loaf sounds a lot less calories than the one I had. Maybe stuffed with vegetables and herbs…..knowing me, I would take the middle out and then eat it as I don’t like waste, counter productive I think!

I have a sister in law in Canada who looks after injured pigeons and feeds those trapped between buildings. Seems they cage some of the buildings in last year. She was down there all the time trying to get them rescued. She also takes injured small birds one they are healed to a sanctuary out in the country to give them a chance.

I had my hair coloured this week, Pam does it. It makes me feel so much better.

Hi Hemmy

Have a lovely day out, shopping would not be my cup of tea but I would certainly enjoy the tea rooms, that sounds lovely. It is true, very sad after all these years and it will difficult for her to adjust. Nice that she has friends she can share with. Maybe they need a forum someone for couples who are divorcing. They could get it off their chest incognito and help each other through it.

I don’t really do a lot for others, there is more I could do and I am always aware of that. I feel as if I have had a really lazy week this weekend need to get back into action next week. Still lots more to do. Hopefully make some headway next week. I need to make a list and stick it on the kitchen door. This way maybe I will get my act together. I am up to Pams tonight for a few hours as she has my sons dog, he us out working and has a busy few days ahead.

Is Oxford far from you? I have forgotten where you are based.

Coffee

I agree with others, you are doing an exhausiing while really rewarding thing, please take care of yourself as well. Allow those little luxuries when you gave time, name not food orientated ones though. 🙂

A veggie stuffed loaf sounds lovely for you if you can avoid eating the middle as I would. Maybe just a small French stick (tiger bread) would be nice, the crust is the best bit there.

I hope you are having a good day Audrey.

Ginette

Ginette..

Both this week looking good with our new hair….I keep thinking should I go grey then I bottle out…I will keep going at the moment!
    It’s good you got a good nights sleep you will feel better for it. Have a lovely evening at Pams.

Having my steak dinner tonight with wine will be going over the calories a bit. I usually stick to under 1200 but it will be nearer 1400. I think for us one day off and a total treat keeps us going and feeling positive for the week ahead. It keeps hubby happy and he doesn’t think diet!

Hope it doesn’t upset my Tuesday weigh in…
    X

Viewing 50 posts - 4,251 through 4,300 (of 35,311 total)

You must be logged in to reply.