Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,895 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  hedgehogs 8 hours, 15 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 32,451 through 32,500 (of 35,381 total)

• Hi all,

Nice day here too. Warmer than they forecasted but I agree Hemmy it goes chilly at tea time.
    I did some gardening, things are definitely waking up. Still need to do my baskets yet.

Hemmy enjoy your weekend with Kristy. I think the weather is going to be fine.

Dave, hope the bowls are fully functioning and play nice! What was wrong with them? What did you have done?

I went along to our local bowling club on Monday afternoon and a bit of a go! Looks like I’m going to be joining and learning how to play šŸ˜ƒ

Nana, you are doing well with getting back out and about. I’m going to weigh in at the end of this month and see where I am at for the year so far.
    Glad your son-in-law and sister are doing OK.

Jean, hopefully you will find you enjoy the tournament after all. A bit of competition can be OK but I know what you mean.

HH, did you enjoy your weekend away?

I seem to have got over the cold virus thingy I had but I still have a very sore throat, quite inflamed on one side and a headache some days so I still think I have some virus going on.
    Oh well, keep on going whilst I can!

Back to walking the cockerpoo Queenie tomorrow and then I’m going to do 2 of the cottage cleans, as they are empty and guests not arriving til weekend, so I can get ahead of myself hopefully and its less pressure then.

2 good FDs done. Yesterday was a 500 and today was under 800 so I’m happy with that. I’m not going to eat tomorrow until I’m back from work, so will just have the 1 meal. But it’s bell ringing and pub night, so not a FD.
    I will fast on Thursday and then decide whether to add another one or not, given its BH weekend and Neil and I both have the 3 days off together.

Now he’s started work as a postie, he works 5 days a week. He has a driving assessment tomorrow morning and then Thursday and Friday he’s doing a round on his own. It’s not an area he knows totally but I’m sure he will be fine.

Are we all (well not Jean and Hemmy) going to do a weigh in this week, to see where we are at given we are almost 4 months in to this year? šŸ™‚

Good morning everyone, chilly at the moment but hopefully it will warm up later. It’s going to drop to 1Ā°C tonightā„ļø.I will text my new bowls out later unless I’m dropped, bowling next 3 days now so should get a game one of the days.

Afternoon Allā€¦
    A good walk at the nature reserveā€¦Oreo came back with three ticksā€¦.canā€™t find any on Charlieā€¦ā€¦I was only thinking when walking everything growing ticks would be aboutā€¦

Haddock and chips at my favourite chippyā€¦sat outside and had them in the car absolutely delicious.

A lazy day for me canā€™t be bothered to get goingā€¦..I have repotted my tomato plants into larger pots, they still need to be done again before going outside.

Hemmy..
    How old is Mr Pips ?ā€¦calling him an old manā€¦.šŸ¤£ā€¦..enjoy your few days with Kirsty have a few days offā€¦.

Kay..
    Lovely you are starting to play bowlsā€¦still you do all sorts as it isā€¦hope they are a good crowdā€¦

Dave..
    Good luck on the new bowlsā€¦all new and shinyā€¦

Jean x

Evening everyone, a very chilly cold day was so cold when we got back home from St Ives despite having face wind which I thought would’ve made us feel warm but we ended up putting the central heating back on.
    A nice visit with our daughter followed by lunch as usual with our friends in St Ives.
    Uncles funeral tomorrow but my sister is unable to attend sadly due to her having Bells Palsy.
    Jean fish and chips lovely.
    Dave bowling for next three days a nice bit of exercise ahead.
    Hope everyone else is keeping okay.
    Nana xxx

Just took Chloe out, it’s very cold now. Fire on. Fast day tomorrow. Lost at bowls again, on a bad run.

The bowls were uneven, the varnish was all chipped, so they cleaned them up and put new varnish on them and I had my name out on the new disc inserts. Still lost but it’s a very difficult green, The team lost 7-1 so I was not alone. Good fast day today

Sorry everyone have been very remiss in posting on here. Lots going on with Scilly Isles holiday and a houseful for Easter.

Have been very rough for quite a while. A lot of breathing problems when walking. ECG booked for Tuesday. Also nausea and loss of appetite for over five weeks. Still walked as much as I could on holiday but think I pushed myself too hard. Anyway since Easter nausea gone and appetite back so just enjoying my food. Also breathing much better which I hadnā€™t connected to the other symptoms as it started right back at Christmas. Can only think I have had a really bad virus (not covid) of some sort.
    Hopefully nearly gone now. My annual birthday holiday coming up in Scotland so after that will start doing some fast days and get back in the swing.

Hello everyone lovely weather here today. Still waiting to hear from the other bowling club I’m trying to join, it’s only a 5 minutes walk away.ive lost a stone this year so far, so at least another stone to go to keep my promise to Heidi.

Afternoon Allā€¦
    A beautiful warm day. A village walk and then onto boules I won a game ā€¦ then we had practice timeā€¦

Sat in th garden having lunch with Charlie .. with a wine.

Mel.
    Hope you get your breathing problems sorted outā€¦ itā€™s been like it a while. A lovely trip to Scotland to look forward tooā€¦

Dave..
    Hope you can get in at your local bowls clubā€¦

Nana..
    Glad the funeral went as good as they can, hoping auntie is ok when everyone goes homeā€¦ I found it about 8 weeks before it hit meā€¦.you get into a deny modeā€¦

Jean x

Hello all! Sorry have got right out of the habit of posting on here…busy over Easter, then our weekend away, which was lovely! Did one 500cal FD, then 3 more 800cal days this week, tomorrow off. Been busy with the garden, but everything’s really slow this year, runner beans & dwarf beans haven’t come up at all so am having to start more off šŸ˜§
    Kay-have weighed, 1lb on from weekend, a measly 3lbs altogether since Christmas, it’s been such a slog!

Afternoon Allā€¦
    A walk across the fields this morning, we havenā€™t been that way for a while.. a bit damp so kept people away so a lovely peaceful walk.

Lots of cleaning done this morning debating whether to pop out to shops in a different direction picking up tomato plant larger pots, they are really taking off now.. Home Bargains and Aldi.. I noticed no veg oil about I will need some soon..

Charlie fast asleep and wrapped up.

Hedgehog..
    Nice to see you back .. a weekend away and you are always so busy.. your boys keep you on your toes.

Slip on a different top I shall pop outā€¦. Bank holidays I always seem to struggle everyone so busy with families.

Jean x

Good afternoon everyone, quiet on here again. Had a couple of walks with Chloe and Denise took her out as well.So she will no doubt soon be asleep. Denise is making a cake so no fasting today. šŸ˜‹šŸ˜‹šŸ˜‹.

Even quieter today. Been to speedway,a good win. Fast day going ok but feeling hungry now. Only 40 calories so far today.

Evening Allā€¦
    Across the fields walk againā€¦. Then a few hours at my sisters, my nephew is unwell at the moment the hospital has found some abnormal cells he is having a consultant ringing him tomorrow. Itā€™s a worry with my sister with dementia.

So a busy day for me and no FDā€¦ must try and do one tomorrowā€¦

Boules tomorrow and I have my tournament game after we finish so no cafeā€¦. Itā€™s been raining the pitch wonā€™t suit me unless it dries offā€¦.

Daveā€¦
    Good on speedway and lovely cakes to eat too

Jean x

No cakes today, FD. Going to try possibly 3 fast days this week. A good fast day today. Good speedway so very happy.

Afternoon everyone thought I’d post early incase I forget šŸ˜‰
    Uncles funeral went very well and although it was a sad reason to be meeting up with my family it was lovely to see them all. Auntie seems to be doing alright at the moment but it’s early days yet.
    Braved the scales yesterday morning and I’d not lost any weight but not gained any either.
    Hope everyone had a good Bank Holiday weekend.
    Enjoy the rest of your day everyone and stay safe.
    Nana xxx

Good afternoon everyone. Weather mixed today, Chloe’s sat on knees, such a big lump, can’t move. She’s so loving. Will take her out that will move heršŸ˜‚.

Evening!
    Managed two 800cal FDs, but am very hungry! Had an unexpected afternoon free yesterday as Mum was seeing a friend, spent the afternoon doing 2 online Safeguarding courses for Homestart, frustrating but passed okay. Today has been an odd day- an extra long walk with Xena, youngest off so he helped hubby set up a doorbell camera, unfortunately put to use as Roger’s had a bad day, wandering about the close & coming to see us- 6 times hubby had to help him home! It’s so sad, hope that his social worker & GP agree that he needs to go in a home, it’s getting worrying, & he has carers 4 times a day! Have got some jobs done in between checking on him…
    Will see how hungry I feel tomorrow!

Good morning everyone sleepless night,Chloe was upset by fireworks and decided she would come upstairs and jump into our bed. It’s raining now here and we are bowling later so hope it stops, only a practice today and I need it, keep getting beat. Going to try another fast day today and Friday.

Afternoon All..
    A rainy start today although it had stopped for our walk just damp thenā€¦itā€™s warmer than of late..

Good fd yesterday next one tomorrow ..

Dentist for checkup and hygienist..all done and okā€¦.

I ordered two dresses on-line long and floaty, with a floaty short sleeves for summer, very reasonable thought they might not be any good, quite nice quality and will do for the time I will use themā€¦green mix and a blue mix..I am supposed to be not buying blue, all my dresses are blue šŸ˜‚ā€¦both for Ā£34ā€¦

Played boules yesterday, we got slaughtered on the first three games, 3 women against 3 menā€¦
    Then it was my first game of our tournament, a damp pitch which I donā€™t likeā€¦I won the two games out of three, so through to next roundā€¦itā€™s really not my thingā€¦

Dave..
    Hope you managed to move Chloe for her walk and dry oneā€¦enjoy bowls laterā€¦

Hedgehog..
    Roger definitely needs helpā€¦it wonders how bad you need to be before they help..such a worry.
    Well done getting your course things passed.

Looking very dark again hereā€¦.

Jean x

Hi FBBs hope all is well with you Xxxx

I had a lovely break with Kristy .. some nice meals out and shopping .. It always feels like a holiday but the comfort of my own bed and home . lol

I weighed this morning .. as for once I have left it a week. I gained 2lbs. We never really went mad with treats .. so just goes to show if unchecked how very quickly it goes on. lolol

So back to it today mindful is the word. lol
    Its a dull day here just had rain.. lucky I did the lawns yesterday .

Take care all.

Fear of change can prevent us from creating space for something better.šŸ’— Xxxx

Had a good bowl, only practice though. Proper match tomorrow. On a losing streak at the moment so need to pull my socks up. Think it’s going to be a low day today, not sure when I will get weighed next.

Evening everyone have had an unplanned fd today due to our lunchtime friends unable to make it today so we went to visit our daughter as usual and then came back home.
    Finally had some rain today which our garden desperately needed
    Hemmy glad you had a nice time with your daughter.
    Usual Ely visit tomorrow.
    Enjoy the rest of your evening everyone and stay safe.
    Nana xxx

Morning All..
    A beautiful day day for this mornings walk, I came back in and took layers off.

I am fasting today.

Going for a facial shortly one of three which Katie has bought me for Motherā€™s Day .. I have never had one so a different experience..

Gardening later and tidy round outsideā€¦

Hemmy.,
    Itā€™s hard weight soon goes back on but you have to liveā€¦ you soon get it off before it settles..nice to have a Kirsty about for a little while..

Dave.,
    Hope you improve your bowls soon.. itā€™s the taking part what counts..

Nana.
    Enjoy your Ely day out.. sometime itā€™s nice not doing anythingā€¦ I get too busy at timesā€¦

One month to Katie coming by dateā€¦.šŸ˜

Jean x

Well I was getting beat 6:0 at bowling today but turned out round to a 21:8 victory. Not a fast day today, was up to early. Beautiful weather so hope it stays the same.

Evening!
    Jean- hope the facial was nice & you’re glowing!
    Dave- well done with the bowling! Lovely to have a lap dog, Chloe’s certainly settled welll! Does she mind the rain?
    Nana- hope your day at Ely goes well tomorrow, well done with the unplanned FD yesterday!
    Hemmy- good you had a nice week with Krisy, 2lbs is nothing, you’ll soon shift it!
    Managed another 800cal FD today- was hoping for lower but was just too hungry- & a bit stressed about Roger, as he was off to visit his mother on the bus apparently! Talked him out of it but kept half an eye out for him all day…spoke to his son & things are in hand to get him in with Margaret soon, just sorting funding. Their son will take Gwinnie. Son’s gf is coming for dinner tomorrow night, so will be busy cooking tomorrow, not a FD!

Chloe’s ok in the rain,I put her coat on and away we go. Very dull here today. I wish Minols and Steve and Dragonfly world come back on if only to let us know how they are doing. Shopping at Sainsbury’s soon, speedway tonight so that’s the day taken care of.

Speedway called off tonightšŸ„“xpected rain. So at a lose end.

Afternoon All..
    A lovely morning rain expected soon.. nature walk, play date with Oreo .. they do enjoy it.

A bit of shopping, just having a late lunch.

Half a pound up this morning.. so not so bad.

Hedgehog..
    Hoping they can get something sorted out for Roger he really needs it with him getting much worse. Nice if he can go in with Margaret if they remember each other!

Dave..
    Shame on your speedway tonightā€¦ it would be too slippy.

Jean x

Afternoon!
    Dave- shame about speedway…good that Chloe’s okay with rain then!
    Jean- nice when dogs get on well with each other, Xena plays with only a few dogs she knows very well, only boys though! Yes Roger & Margaret do still know each other, surprising!
    Mary- enjoy your takeaway tonight!
    Hemmy- have a good day, whatever you do…
    Had a long walk with Xena, quite hot even at 8am! Found a puppy we know all by herself so took her back with us to find her owner, she’d run off quite a way! Lots of cleaning done, pud made for tonight- now dinner even later as son & gf are going to the pub after football so I won’t wait for them! Some of my seeds are finally sprputing- everything’s really late & slow but hopefully we’ll get some veggies!
    Weight the same this week, thought it would be!

Afternoon everyone forgot to post yesterday but as usual we had a good visit to Ely and saw Auntie who was pleased to see us as always. My sister also came and her face is much better than it was but she still needs to use a straw when drinking.
    Have had a busy day starting with moving a log delivery into our woodstore and then walking to collect our repeat prescriptions we’re both absolutely shattered now but not to much to visit our Friday night friends and collect an Indian takeaway my turn to drive.
    Dave shame about the speedway but better safe than sorry.
    Jean half a pounds not bad.
    Hedgehogs well done on staying the same.
    Hope everyone else is keeping okay.
    Enjoy the rest of your day everyone and have a good weekend and will be back on here on Monday if I rememberšŸ¤—
    Nana x

I’ve just joined the local bowling club at last. So don’t need the car to go there. My son as joined too, he didn’t have a choice I need someone to play withšŸ˜‚.It’s roasting here today. Hope you all have a good day.

Afternoon All..
    A very dull day looks like rain but not forecast..called at cemetery and we went across the fields this morning, a nice walk.

Partnered Lesley who just was chucking the boules with no thought, she should have stayed at home.. we lost two games then coffee at cafe.

Hedgehog..
    My tomatoes have really taken off they need repotting again and going outside wary of frosts yetā€¦.maybe a job for tomorrow.
    Good deed finding the dog and back with the ownerā€¦
    Panicked about a month ago I saw a dog bounding about, I did know the dog thought he had got away.. I was calling him to get him on the lead when the owner appeared from behind a tree šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚ fool!!

Nana..
    Glad your sister is feeling much better. The log delivery sounded hard work!!

Dave..
    You have better weather than us.. nice your sons joined you at the new bowling club.

Charlie wants me to make a cuppa.. heā€™s after a biscuit heā€™s been telling meā€¦ not a bad idea..

Jean x

Had a nice day bowling, we played mixed doubles. The only drawback is the ladies don’t bowl very far and it’s so frustrating for me. But have to get used to it. Lovely weather today so a good day for it.

Hi FBBs hope all is well with you. Xxxx

Beautiful weather .. enjoying being in the garden. Hanging baskets looking well.

I am pleased to say I lost the “Kristy time weight” lol so I am safe now until 27th and next visit. lol

Mr Pip rolled in some disgusting stuff this morning .. yuk I can still smell it even after a good shampoo. Not sure if it was deer or fox.

Have a good day all whatever you are doing šŸ’™ We need to Stop living our lives with realistic expectations… and just enjoy. Xxxx

Good day bowling I won a very close game, we had 4 winner each team but lost overall. Dull today but dry at least. Feeling hungry now only 60 calories so far today.

Evening Allā€¦
    Dave shame on the short bowling of the ladiesā€¦ I throw long!
    Sounds like a good match.

Hemmy..
    Our weather chilly today expected 20 degrees but definitely not that..
    Glad your Kirsty weights gone off.. I am still maintaining.
    Re potted my tomato plants but sent away for larger pots they were still on the small size. Naughty Mr Pip rolling in mucky stuff, I am glad Charlie doesnā€™t do it.. as yet!

Well itā€™s a good night from us ..

Jean x

Chloe’s perfected going upstairs, only problem is she takes some moving getting her off the bed, then at 3:30 am she decided to get in-between us in bedšŸ¤Ŗ. Yes Jean the women only bowl it 19 meters, very short.

Afternoon everyone forgot to post yesterday. Weekly weigh in yesterday morning showed no loss again a pity I’m not at the weight I should be as I seem to be able to maintain it. Had my usual fast day meal of salmon with pasta and philadelphia lightest. OH cooking our meal today its Gammon Steak with a jacket potato and vegetables.
    Son in law has changed his working hours and now works on a Wednesday so our usual morning visits before our lunchtime meet up to see him and our daughter won’t be happening anymore.
    Hope everyone is well.
    Nana x

Evening All..
    A lovely warm day, a couple of long walks for Charlie.

Played boules won 1 lost 1ā€¦ very close games..

Going to Lord of the Dance tonight with my daughter part of my birthday present, looking forward to it.

Dave..
    Chloe has really settled in nowā€¦ thatā€™s really lovely.

Nanaā€¦
    I remember our weight like that it took about 6 months to start move again. Itā€™s disappointing but push on it will move.
    Enjoy your gammon tonight one of my favourites.

Jean x

Good morning everyone what a wet and miserable day.Waterproofs will have to be worn for bowling this afternoon.A good fast day on Monday but eat to much yesterday so will try and do 2 more this week. Chloe slept on the floor next to me in the bedroom but can’t get her down now, she’s asleep on the bed.

Afternoon All..
    A busy morning, cold, rainy miserable start, although missed the rain on our walkā€¦ a different river bank walk quite nice, with Oreo and Natalie.
    Then popped to garden centre for more tomato compost and canesā€¦ filled up with petrol.. called to collect a parcel for a second time at the post office delivery centre, closed!.. I have now collected it..
    I have stringed my canes up for my plants while it was drizzling but all done now.

Having a sit then need to do Charlieā€™s veggies for his dinner.

I shall be fasting tomorrow.. these weeks pass so quickly..

Dave..
    Poor you playing in the rain the bowls will be slippy.. playing my next tournament match on Saturday am.

Jean x

Afternoon everyone just got back from our usual Weds lunch and as it’s been raining non stop all day we now have wet cycle gear dripping on our airer. A lovely lunch as usual as its feeling quite chilly I had a jacket potato with beans and cheese but no butteršŸ˜‡I did have my usual wine though.
    Ely visit tomorrow so hope the rain has stopped by then šŸ¤ž
    Enjoy the rest of your day everyone.
    Nana xxx

Hi FBBs Hope all is well with you Xxxx

What an awful day .. but water tubs are happy lol

Decided to go shopping not realising how bad the downpours would be.. got soaked. Good part was it was very quiet everywhere.

Nana .. I think you will be ok tomorrow for Ely just a blip today as we now have blue sky and sunshine at nearly 7.30

Brads … Lol sounds like Chloe loves the bedroom now.

Sym.. You will be looking forward to your daughter coming soon.. that will keep you busy..

I am trying to go through the freezers again.. .. so cooked a big chicken yesterday and just having it cold with salad or some veg.

Made a wonderful soup with the carcus ..lots of garlic and herbs from the garden bits of veg.. Its wonderful .. you can taste the goodness.

Just over 2 yrs losing Mum and since then I have been having a lot of ready meals.. but back to it again now. lol

Have a good evening everyone… The start may seem hard, but you cannot make it to the end unless you begin. Xxxx

Good morning everyone, weather mixed here sun and rain. Could get wet again bowling this afternoon.Chloe slept with me last night, Denise was under the weather so she stayed downstairs. When I woke up chloe had her paws over my legs.

Evening All..
    A miserable dull day and chilly, it did improve a bit. Well wrapped up for walks.
    Fast day had gone quite well I havenā€™t counted the calories.. maybe 700 ish.

My flights are booked for October to Texas, September would have been nice but Charlieā€™s sitter was away. I donā€™t like it too hot either..I have been in November so should be about right.

Nana..
    Shame you got wet through hate those sort of days..

Hemmy..
    Yes I am with you again working through my freezers it does knock the food bill down .
    These years do pass hope you got through the week ok, itā€™s 17 months since Steve passed.. I just canā€™t believe it.
    About three weeks to Katie coming.. another week and then must start getting things done here šŸ˜

Jean x

Evening everyone,

Back on it this week and today is 3rd FD and finished on 650 cals, so I’m happy with that.

I only managed to lose 5lbs since New Year by the end of April, but it’s better than nothing!

This week’s FDs will hopefully see me at the end of April and then I can start losing again! šŸ˜„

All busy at the mo with holiday lets and dog walking jobs!

Jean, great you have Texas booked and only 3 weeks til Katie arrives. That’s the same time that my mum comes down to stay with us.

Hemmy, we have been doing similar…rotating stuff in the freezer! Mind you, ours is full of meat stuff for Tara. I prep her meals a week or so in advance and I’m due to do a batch šŸ˜„

Kay

Morning All.,
    Very windy and layers on this morning walk, across the village fields called to see Steve and watered his plants.

Three weeks count down to Katie arriving ..

Bang on to the ounce of maintenance.. no cafes as a people on holiday .. it shows šŸ˜‚

Next leg of our boules tournament Saturday all close now..

Kay..
    Lovely your mum is visiting how long is she coming for?
    Well done on the 5 lbs off, you are always busy doing things so thatā€™s good going.

Must move and start doing things itā€™s a lazy day ..jobs are waitingā€¦.

Jean x

Just realized it’s Friday the 13thšŸ˜±.Not really superstitious but Denise dosent like it, she had a miscarriage on Friday the 13th.I bought some new Wrangler jeans, they just about got bit now they are big. So if I’m not losing weight I’m shrinking šŸ¤£

Weather improving, sunny at the moment. Chloe went to bed upstairs on her own and came down on her own, I missed her coming down but she did it ok.slowly getting my internet working properly.Door camera is ok now, next the indoor cameras then the sound system to sort out.

Viewing 50 posts - 32,451 through 32,500 (of 35,381 total)

You must be logged in to reply.