Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,906 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 10 hours, 18 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 29,251 through 29,300 (of 35,392 total)

• Spud cooking in the oven now ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹ be done at 5-30.Lovely crisp skin๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹ and a smear of butter.

It was lovely ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹. Watching England play football in half an hour.

Evening everyone – had a lovely visit to the daughters this morning. Been a good day food wise and hopefully tomorrows fast day won’t be too difficult.
    Hedgehogs sounds like you’re having a good time away.
    Dave your evening meal sounded good.
    Hello everyone else and hope you’re keeping okay.
    Nana x

Another good FD today. Next one is Friday.

HH, looks like you are enjoying your break.
    Nana, great that you are able to have your Wednesday meet ups.
    Dave, my phone is arriving tomorrow ๐Ÿ˜
    Minols, hope you are enjoying your time off.
    Jean, thinking of you. x

Early night for me tonight.

Take care and stay safe all x

We don’t appreciate adverts on this forum.On your bike.

More eating, oops! Had our 1st Chinese takeaway for about 9 months last night, & fish & chips today- not had them since we were here in Feb! A couple of nice walks along the beach won’t burn that off- hubby got loads of chocolate for his birthday too!

Nice HH, make the most of it and enjoy yourselves.

Good afternoon everyone.Been to visit mother in law, she’s fed up of being bedbound,14 months she’s been stuck in it. Other than that she’s ok. Minols hope your getting plenty of rest. Hoping to lose a stone for Christmas with my 2 fellow musketeers.

HI everyone – just stopped in and celebrating the end of nearly a week on holiday (alright, I’ve spent the afternoon finishing the things I didn’t get finished by Sunday night – but seriously, I’ve barely been near a screen this week until today)

And I’ve jsut scrolled back through – so sorry, Jean. Not sure if you’re keeping an eye on things here, so Dave, could you just pass on my thougths and prayers via the other connections? I think it was Kay that said it – we’re like a wee family on here, and we’ve been dreading hearing this news – but also so privileged that you let us into your life, Jean, at this time.

Catch up later.
    Mx

Done Minols I took a screenshot of your post and put it on the other connection.๐Ÿ˜.

Hi All..
    Just really busy lots of things to do until the funeral on Wednesday…I have had a quiet day to myself today, so very strange without Steve…must look at clothes and what the wear, difficult with the virus must rustle something up…

I am popping in and out as I have time, looking on and not always posting…

Charlieโ€™s ear is not good still shaking it, I was hoping the cream would kick in hoping it eases tomorrow.

When I get time to myself I shall be back on…mines a good diet but wouldnโ€™t recommend it!

Xx

Morning all!
    Jean- will be thinking of you even more on Weds- that’s quick…
    Minols- enjoy your 2nd week of ‘holiday’!
    Dave- poor MIL, must be so boring, hope you can keep visiting…
    Back home & back to fasting. Only 2 weeks til we’re back to Norfolk for our 30th wedding anniversary, so will try to do quite a few 800cal FDs, starting today. Had a good walk with Xena, now trying to motivate myself to do some cleaning! Seeing mum this afternoon, with sis as well so that will be nice.

Enjoy your 2nd week Minols.

Well 3.6lbs off…..good start to the stone for christmas…need to stay focused though. But not today, as its a NFD. Not sure if to do another NFD tomorrow and then on to a FD for Monday or just carry on with day on, day off..

Silly Tara has eaten a bee. It was going to happen at some stage. Keeping an eye on her as she has been sick and is now subdued but still eying up the buzzy things!

Ive down a bit of tidying up in the garden and put a few spring bulbs in. Its been quite nice in the sun this afternoon but clouded over now.

Waiting for Neil to come home from work. It was his last shift at Argos today so no more 3.30am alarms! He starts driving for a local Home Appliance company on Monday.

Looking forward to a cheeky glass of wine later ๐Ÿ˜Š

Jean, I hope Charlies ear is starting to improve.
    Gosh the funeral is Wednesday, thats quick. You know we will be sending you vibes of love and strength x

Im going to put the garden tools away and close the door before the temperature drops any further.

Kay x

Evening everyone have had a quiet and if I’m honest a lazy day. Husband cooked a nice chicken stir fry for our evening meal. Like you Kay I’m just about to enjoy a nice glass of wine or two ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Hedgehogs are you going to the same place for your 30th Anniversary that you’ve just come back from.
    Minols hope your enjoying your holiday time.
    Jean thinking of you and sending virtual hugs.
    Hello to everyone else and hope you’re keeping okay and staying safe.
    Nana x

Kay- sounds like a busy day, & Tara’s doing well with training, that’s great! Nice that Neil doesn’t have to start too early next week!
    Nana- nothing wrong with a lazy day!
    Enjoy your wine, both of you!
    We’re (hopefully, still keep worrying that they might do a total lockdown!) going to Sheringham, to the Wee Retreat, it’s right on the front, a converted loo block!
    FD done, just under the 800 cals. & hubby is eating some of his birthday chocs, I’ve not had any ๐Ÿ˜‡

Hedgehogs-know the wee retreat. It’s not far from where we stay when we go to Sheringham. ๐Ÿคž You can still go

Afternoon all!
    A dry walk, but raining now…cooking roast chicken later, not going to be a FD today, easing in gently!
    Hope everyoe’s okay…

Right back on the forum. Got to get into the ADF state of mind starting tomorrow. Not going to weigh myself, I can see I have put on weight on holiday and the five days we have been home. Getting a bit out of control and could easily slip back. Three weeks tomorrow until hopefully out next trip away. Must get back down to target before them.

Anyone fasting tomorrow – HH?

Yes I am fasting tomorrow.Eating to much today so need to do it tomorrow. Had 2 dry walks and a game of bowls.I played Irene a lady in her 70s and just about won 21-19 I was lucky.Roast beef dinner about to be devoured.

I’m fasting also tomorrow as well have had a lot of calories today not helped by wine. We can do this.
    Hope everyone else is keeping okay and stay safe.
    Nana x

I Just stopped by to see how everyone is. I’m absolutely devastated to read about Jean’s loss. Sending lots of love at this time. Here for you if you need anything Jean *hugs*

Not sure what else to say at the moment, I hope everyone else is doing okay.

As you can see, I’m back (yet again). Its been hit and miss with me when it comes to FD’s but I’m trying again to get back some control!

Love to all x

Nice to have you back DF.Sunny here but only 9ยฐC.Going bowling again, got a WhatsApp at 12:40 this morning asking if I would like to go. I think Manchester may well be in lockdown but the end of the day.

DF lovely to hear from you! Yes it has been a sad time.

I have slipped a bit on holiday and since coming back have just been stuffing myself.
    Doing ADF from today and feeling positive. A three week push before next trip away. Control is the buzzword DF, we must regain it!

Morning all!
    DF- nice to have you back! How’s your Steve doing? You’ve had tough times too…
    Mel- good to have you back on board, you’ll be fine I’m sure you’ll shift what you need to before your next trip! Is that Scotland?
    Dave- well done with the bowling! Hope the beef was good, & keep strong today…
    Jean- thinking of you, sending you love & prayers, a difficult week ๐Ÿ˜ข
    Minils- hope you’re doing okay?
    Nana- have a good FD- anything planned to keep you busy?
    Took Xena for a quick game at the park early on, just got back from a lovely walk with some friends from Church, found somewhere a bit different to go. Xena was mostly good! Now need to tackle my monster ironing pile, & seeing mum this afternoon too.
    Fasting too today, 800cals, hopefully can do a few days B2B.

Nice to see you DF, hope things are ok with you.

Mass FD it seems! Keep strong everyone.

Minols, enjoy your 2nd week off. Hopefully you have some half decent weather to get out and about with the boy.

Going to put the kettle on and have a look at dog coats!

Kay x

Minols I hope your break is going well No bowling today messages got mixed up ๐Ÿ˜ฒ.Fast day for me today just had my meal so feel better now. Must try to get people to come on here more often.

Evening everyone,first fast day done and dusted have come in at 850 calories. Next one is planned for Weds as unless
    they change the covid rules on visiting I’m going to be visiting my sister on Thurs.
    Dragonfly welcome back to the fold as they say.
    Jean a sad few days ahead for you to get through but we’re all thinking of you.
    Hedgehogs snap I managed to get the ironing done. Hope the visit with mum went okay.
    Hope everyone is doing okay whether fasting or not and keeping safe.
    Nana x

Morning all!
    Sounds like the mass Monday fast all went well!
    Spoilt my boys with a cooked breakfast, did make my mouth water! Dog walk with eldest, vet trip with Xena for her jabs, she didn’t like having to go in without me! Stopped for petrol too on the way home, out for over 2 hrs so she’s traumatised now! Eldest is setting up mum’s new printer, she’s been fussing about getting that done ๐Ÿ˜ฑ she barely ever uses one anyway! Sat down with a cuppa now, hubby needs help with some jobs soon. Another 800cal day for me, will make some soup later.

Well done HH. Had 1500 calories today that includes tonight’s meal so shouldn’t be too high today. Will try for another fast day tomorrow.Bought a chicken to put in the ninja tomorrow.I may try and spatchcock the chicken myself so it fits in better.

Well done Dave so far today…spatchcocking a chicken, very fancy!
    Quite hungry, hoping an apple will keep me going…

Lost a post – Jean…hope you’ve had a quiet night and all goes as you need it to today. We’ll be holding you and the family in our hearts adn our prayers.
    Mxx

Minols, Ive passed this on to Jean x

Morning…
    Very hard day , Jean, thinking of you xx
    Dave- are you having a FD? Hope it goes well if you do…
    Mel- are you doing ADF & fasting today?
    Kay, & Nana- hope you two both stay strong as well if you fast, can’t remember how many days you’re both doing.
    Not in the right frame of mind myself- had a bad night thinking about my cousin (although promising news this morning), it’s grotty weather & got soaked out with Xena. So food is needed!

Yes I will try for a fast day. The pressure is on from the other two lose a stone by Christmas.Chicken tonight so Denise said I might as well cook tea.She wasn’t to keen on me buying the Ninja but I have done more cooking than ever so she is coming round ๐Ÿ˜.Keeps telling me about the Ninja with 2 draws now. Jean thinking about you today๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—.It’s dull here and rained early this morning, going bowling with my son unless the heavens open.Think we have had it visiting Denise’s mum now we are in lockdown ๐Ÿ˜ซ.

Evening All…

We have had a good day considering how funerals go.
    The service was just what we wanted plain and simple, just perfect. The restaurant is where we had our last meal together, three weeks ago, they looked after us lovely.

The rain held off just a bit of drizzle but the undertaker had put up a shelter for us but we didnโ€™t need it, he is so lovely and considerate.

One of Steves daughters decided not to come because she was too upset ??, is that not normal ! I was very disappointed and annoyed with her. Steve would have been so upset, he has picked her up too many times over her whole life and she didnโ€™t have any manners to pay her last respect to him, I just cannot understand it at all.

I have had a couple of wobbles but have stayed quite strong, plenty of deep breaths.

Time to get back on here and join in again…it been a very hard 5 weeks..to come to terms with everything.
    You have all supported and looked after me lovely. Thank you very much I really appreciated it.

Jean x

Glad to have you back Jean.

Not good food wise today. Just heard my favourite uncle has prostate cancer back, waiting for more scan results. Have a new HS family to do phone support with, will be weird building up a relationship with the mum without meeting, a bit nervous about that, they’ve bigged me up as being really experienced with autistic children as mum needs help with that but I don’t know alot!
    Will do an 800 fd tomorrow

Glad you got through today, Jean…it’s often a looming thing that has to be got to the other side of and you sound like you’ve handled it with grace and dignity.
    Each day will have its grim bits and some days those bits will outweigh the richness of life you know is there because that’s what you and Steve have shared…but you have wisdom on your side so you know each day will end…and you get to start anew each morning.

HH…if you can befriend people with your thumbs on here then you’ll be fine when you get to use your tone of voice as well. Your HS family are lucky to have you listening to them and supporting them. Sorry to hear about your uncle, though.

Dave – I think the ninja arrived when I was s AWOL so I’m not really getting the context…details, please! Ours is a bullet and does smoothies…or it did for summer we got it – not done tok much in the 2 years since then! Another gadget that had it’s day!

Made pea and spinach soup today cos I had some stock to use up…now I just need to find a good day to fast! Feels like ages.

Mx

Beautiful words to Jean, Minols ๐Ÿ˜˜

Thanks, Dave…get what you’re talking about now! I had hoped it was an acrobatic figure in black who would sneak into the kitchen and cook wonderful food for me *sigh*.

OH has to pop into work this morning so I’m probably going to sneak a few hours at my desk too…really struggling not to think about work this holiday so it will be good to try and get some things out of my head and maybe some things ready for next week. I guess the ‘rest’ is knowing I’m not responsible for this Sunday morning…the stress is knowing I’m just responsible – and Advent is nearly here!

Mx

Yes advent is 5 weeks away I think.Don’t work too hard Minols.Heidi is fast asleep as usual,seems to wake up for food or walkies otherwise she sleeps. It’s going dull here now winter is not far away.

Afternoon!
    Minols- you always have wise words ๐Ÿ˜€
    Dave- stop reminding us about Christmas ๐Ÿ˜‚ I’ve decided to sponsor lots of golden oldies doggies for people’s presents this year as it looks unlikely that we’ll be visiting to deliver anything!
    Mel- are you managing ADF? Or is it difficult?
    New HS family sound lovely, I really wish I could meet them & help out. Chatted for an hour Mum is very easy to talk to. I have to say if I had an hour spare when mine were young there was plenty I’d rather do than chat on the phone, but there we go! Rang my other family too, then had an Asda delivery, so time has flown. Fasting going okay!

Soon be New Year HH ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜ฒ just took Heidi out and met up with a 14 year old Jack Russell. Not often Heidi meets up with dogs her age.

HH have suspended my ADFs for the moment. Stuff happening here which I will tell you about later.

Evening All..
    I have had a quiet day on my own….a vets visit for Charlieโ€™s ear, a follow up treatment…
    A bit of shopping, chasing about getting some photos printed, no paper in machine so will have to wait till it gets filled up.

I am not eating a lot at the moment so not fasting as such..wait till my appetite comes back. My daughter and SIL are going away for a weeks break, so I will be on my own.

Hedgehog..
    Itโ€™s not good news on your uncle, hope his scan goes well….good the telephone call went well with your new HS family…

Minols..
    Wise words from you…very much ups and downs, just miss him terribly, so quiet and tidy…I have new photos up and I talk to him, ( although wrong size until I get them replaced), slippers still here too. I didnโ€™t want him to suffer and he was finding it very hard to cope to breathe, he was ready to go, he went the best way you can, peacefully. I have to be thankful for that.

Dave..
    Christmas I am not even thinking about it…

Mel..
    Sending you good vibes if you need them….

Jean x

Evening everyone, been a lovely busy day for a change Tesco delivery this morning and no substitutions and after a light lunch went to visit my sister and brother in law for a cup of tea and catch up. I took some tea cakes along which we had toasted with butter.
    Hedgehogs glad the new homestart family sounds good.
    Jean bound to be hard for you no rush getting back to fasting – all in your own time.
    Hello everyone else and hope you’re keeping okay and stay safe.
    Nana x

I got a message on my covid app saying someone I have been near as reported having covid. So will have to see what happens next.

Afternoon!
    Jean- thinking of you- you & Steve were so close it must just be devastating. Not good timing if your daughter’s away too. You know where we are, vitual hugs & listening ears we can do xx
    Dave- shame to not see MIL, but sensible just in case…
    Minols- enjoy your last weekend off!
    Nana- glad you had a good visit!
    Mel- understandable that your feeling bad, hugs xx
    Seen a friend & her girls today- they’ve hatched chicks! Cooking this afternoon- a curry for tonight & a chilli for eldest to take away with him when he goes to girlfriend’s. Poor sis is seeing mum this afternoon- mum’s internet is playing & mum’s expecting her to be able to fix it ๐Ÿ˜‚

Afternoon All…
    A park walk this morning and we had early brunch at the cafe…collected my photos and put them in the frames, I feel Steve is with me again…one is only two weeks ago he looks so well, unbelievable how things change so quickly….

Charlieโ€™s new coat/jumper has arrived, I lost the other one off my roof, it looks so good the other was getting tatty old slipper look ๐Ÿ˜‚…he will be pleased when we go out…

My weight is holding the same, I lost 3 lbs after Steve but itโ€™s still the same..I am not eating much at the moment..I have bought a chicken to cook tomorrow and will share with Charlie…I am not fasting at the moment, as I go up and start eating I will join you all again.

Nana..
    A nice visit with your sister…yummy tea cakes..

Dave..
    Hope you donโ€™t get a further Covid text…

Mel..
    Hugs to you…itโ€™s such a awful disease…

Hedgehog…
    I will be waffling along…I have wobbles but I think I am staying strong…hope the internet gets sorted, is it more your thing?

Daughter and SIL calling tomorrow for a couple of hours before going to the Yorkshire Moors for a weeks break…

Take care

Jean x

Viewing 50 posts - 29,251 through 29,300 (of 35,392 total)

You must be logged in to reply.