Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,895 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  hedgehogs 6 hours, 39 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 2,851 through 2,900 (of 35,381 total)

• Hello!

I started IF at the start of the year. I have been very overweight for about 20 years and recently my weight hit 19 Stone, my BMI is 41 and I have the usual collection of weight related illnesses.

I weighed myself using my Wii balance board to get a start weight. I have used the Wii to record my weight for the last 5 years. I like how it keeps a record and shows progress on a graph. I was 258 lbs. I want to lose 90 lbs this year.

I have decided to try Alternate Day Fasting (ADF). I started on the 3rd of January. I eat between 2000-2500 cal on eating days and 500 on fast days. I track everything I eat on MyFitnessPal and wear a fitbit to monitor my activity level. I stand on the scale every morning after I go to the toilet. I also weight myself every 8 days using the Wii and track my progress on an Excel spreadsheet. 8 Days seemed sensible – 4 eat and 4 fast and then weight myself.

First weigh in I lost 5 lbs. I was very happy with a 5 lb loss after 8 days. I knew I couldn’t maintain that level of weight loss, but it was a good start. The fast days were surprisingly OK. I didn’t cheat and didn’t suffer any major side effects. My eating day average for the 4 days was 2321 cal. My fasting day average for the 4 days was 603 cal. I did have a McDonald’s breakfast once as well as a couple of chocolate bar and a few bags of crisps. I ate food I enjoyed.

The following weigh in I lost 3 lbs. I focused that week on trying to lower my fasting day calories to nearer 500. The average for 4 days was 543 calories. Again I had no real problems with the fasting days. I am eating an M&S Be Good to Yourself or Balanced for You ready meal with about 350-450 cal and a Muller Lite yogurt as a snack. My eating days are a pleasure! I do not restrict myself to what I can eat, although I do track the calories and try to stay under 2500.

Last time I lost 4 lbs. I found this week slightly more difficult though. I struggled on a couple of fast days but managed to overcome the desire to cheat. I was very careful on fast days and got my calories down to an average of 512 a day. Eating days were lower – at about 2150 calories for the 3 days I tracked. The other day was my Birthday and I ate a lot! It was a real celebration with chocolate and crisps and burgers and fries and ….. loads! I estimate about 5-6000 calories at least! I think that is why I am so happy with a 4lb loss. That is from the Wii. The other scales had me 1 lb lighter than that! CHUFFED!!

So in total I have lost 12 lbs so far. Only 78 to go!

Alternate Day Fasting works well for me because I don’t have to wait for weeks or months to have the food I crave – I can have it tomorrow (in moderation)!

I hope to post on a regular basis and I will be looking for help and support when things eventually and inevitably start to get difficult. Hopefully soon I’ll get to know some of you better and get involved in some mutual support!

Sorry for the long first post.

Hi KT

So sorry to hear about your foot. It sounds as if you have strained something. I hope it soon heals. Yes like you I don’t find salad a good choice in the winter. Saying that I have just got a bowl for 10p so I will have that with an a omelette and baked potato maybe. Or maybe just with an omelette today as it is fast day.

Hi Hemmy

I am sure Kirsty will soon settle in. I lived in London for 5 years. Looks like maybe an ideal time to take some trips to shows for you as well.

Hi Audrey

Yes a treadmill is a good idea. I haven’t got the room but I would listen to a talking book whist on it. I hope your little one is on the mend today.

Have a good day all.

Ginette

Hi all
    Hemmy l will try dress again end of February hopefully that zip will go up.

Had a good FD today staying on 3 a week until that dress fits.

Lynda x

Hi all,

Welcome squircle, you are welcome to join us, I am glad fasting is working for you. I don’t know anyone else who is doing alternate day fasting on a permanent basis but if it’s working for you you go for it…

My treadmill is here and I have managed to walk half a mile, quite a distance for me!

Lynda I am sure with all the work you are doing the dress is going to fit fine.

Ginette have a good fast day…

Talk again soon, I am child free again now….yeah!

Audrey

Hi squircle

Lovely to see you here. You sound very organised and I am very interested to know how the AFD goes. You have done brilliantly .. well done you.

I agree with your thoughts on FD days. I also have to be able to have food I enjoy or on a long term basis I would be bored. Often my meal is a bacon .. mushroom and egg sandwich on a fast day. lol

Please keep us up to speed with how its going. Xx

Gine hope your FD is going well Need nice warm food this weather. Yes, some shows in the west end would be wonderful. Xx

Hi Lyn.. Wow you are so determined it will fit for sure. How is the exercise going. Xx

Hi Aud/ nurse/ Grandma .. good going half a mile. Nice to do it in the comfort of your home. Xx

Enjoy the evening everyone. xx

Hi everybody

sorry to be so quiet – nice to be missed though!!

A very manic few days, you may remember was trawling through the tax returns last week, has a visit from a lady from HMRC as i was about to get a summary warrant! She turned up when I was in the shower – thank goodness I had decided to have a tidy up before she arrived – don’t think she was expecting to get such a nice welcome – but she was here to discuss an overdue payment of thousands of pounds – made me feel a bit like google!!!

As it was penalties for a partnership which we ended 11 years ago, and a business that finished 9 years ago, can’t tell you the relief of at least starting to get it sorted. Bet google didn’t have these issues!!! lol!

Needless to say been really busy pulling together all the info for her!

Got my tax return in in good time too!

Managed a couple of fast days, 4lb down on the Christmas indulgence, not as good as I would have liked, but hopefully right down the ladder by the end of next month, then onwards and downwards.

Hope all of you are doing well, welcome to June, good crowd here!

Hi Milena Xx

So pleased you are Ok. We were all worried about you and also missed your brightness you add to the day.

I sympathise with you re the Tax lady. Years ago I had a small clothes business with a friend.

We also had a visit from her majesties and it was scary . We just played 2 poor little woman grateful for her advice. .. She went through our books and all was ok thank goodness. Scary though… still remember it after 20yrs. Lol

Well done on the 4lbs loss. Not easy after a holiday especially Xmas. Lol We have Easter to contend with next… Eggs in the shops now. lol

Lovely to hear you are well. Take care. Xx

Milena

I am glad you are ok, you have really had us all worried, I thought I was going to have to email you and I am never sure how to do that! You know how technically minded I am hehe….

Keep in touch, I couldn’t do this without you, and all my other fast friends….

Just shouted to ian…… MILENA IS BACK YEAH!

Aud

Hey

A quick introduction from a newbie in every which way: first forum, first go at 5:2. I am on day 3, & the usual caper in that I am tired of bursting out of my clothes. 20lb to lose, would love to have it all gone by my birthday in June. I’ve been reading this thread for a few days, inspiring stuff 🙂 So, hello all!

Evening everyone and welcome Clementine. You’ve chose the best group everyone here is amazing and very supportive. I’ve been on the 5;2 for 2 weeks. Tomorrow is my 4th FD so I’m hoping I will have lost by the end of the week. Wish you all the luck and if I can help in anyway just hola!

Shaz x

Hi Sqircle

Sorry I missed your earlier post. Welcome to the forum. Your ADF sounds interesting, I do three fast days a week. Always the same Mon, Weds and Fri. You seen to have lost well so far. I tend to have long posts and nobody has complained yet!! So don’t you worry, a few of us on here ramble on a bit, it’s being amongst friends that does it.

Don’t let the amount of weight you need to lose daunt you. There are a fe of us with quite a bit to lose. If we stick at it the weight comes off, sometimes quickly other times more slowly. As long as it is going in the right direction that is all good.

Hi Lynda

Here’s hoping that zip does up with ease!! What days are your fast days?

Hi Audrey

Well done on your half a mile, a really good start. Fast day today was home made soup and then weight watchers sausages, omelette and salad. I just fancied a change.

Hi Milena

All those tax things sound daunting and also very stressful. Good that the worst is over and that the return was in early.

Well done on the 4lb loss.

Hi Clementine

Welcome to the forum and 5:2, this is a nice way to lose and plenty of people on here who are like minded and encouraging. Many people read the threads before dipping their toes in the water, I am sure there are a few reading it now who we don’t know. We were all like that once, before we took the plunge…… Once of the best things every. No money to pay out like slimming clubs and all to gain (apart from lbs) hopefully.

That is very achievable by June. Also there are the health benefits which go alongside fasting.

Hi Shaziii

I was thinking about you earlier, are you getting to grips with My Fitness Pal yet? Here is hoping for a loss for you.

Ginette

Hi Hemmy

I’ve just realised I have missed you, how did that happen??

I am with you on having food I enjoy. This is why I think it works. I am really enjoying soup at the moment and made two lots today. Enough for a few days.

I’m out to a meal tomorrow at the Harvester. Fish and chips and salad is my normal choice. They do a lovely signature fish. It never normally leaves room for a dessert.

See you all tomorrow sometime.

Ginette

Hello to all the newbies
    Hi Ginette I do mon wed fri too FD as I don’t work these days, just purchased exerbeat for my wii as Audrey said this was a good one to have hopefully been here this week needed something different to do.

awake early this morning can’t wait to have my porridge stated soaking it over night with a few dried fruit seems to be more volume in it.
    Off to work today.
    See you later ladies X

Lynda

morning ladies
    glad to see how well you are all doing!!

I am managing to stick to eating better so far, but since I cant go for walks at the moment, that is making me very sad, so I am really hoping it wont trigger a mass of bingeing. It looks as though I will have to get my shopping delivered next week, so I will have to be restrained at the keyboard!!

I am still recording everything I eat/drink – as per the binge eating programme I am on. However, I am also meant to plan meal and snack times which I seem to find SOOOOOO hard.
    Particularly the snack times, as in my head a snack is something you ‘fancy’ at the time. I realise it is to teach me to control when I eat so I don’t eat without thinking, but it seems to be a sticking point.
    Anyway, I guess I should go get on my exercise bike, and cycle across imaginary fields, at least I wont get muddy or have to clean my shoes!

Morning clementine and welcome,

Shaziiii glad you are still with us, what day are you weighing in? Let us know the results please.

Ginette, I love soup too, it’s so soothing somehow, my favourite has to be pea n ham, although I do stack mine full if vegetables too!

Hemmy, how is the not drinking going, I have tried Shloer must admit it was quite nice, I got the low calorie version ….

Lynda let me know when the game arrives, hope you like it, ginette and myself do…although sometimes I am glad I do it alone so no one sees my arms flaying about. …hehe

KT, stick with it ot dies get easier, although I still weigh and count everything, but that is just me I am a bit ocd with numbers….

Well I am hoping to walk 1 mile today, will let you know, ……..now I could walk 100 miles and I could walk 100 more…. got that song in my head now……

Keep in touch together we are stronger

Audrey

Good morning friends hope all is well with you and yours.

A good FD yesterday so mindful eating and choosing while doing weeks shop today. Lol

A big welcome Clementine479 .. lovely to see you. I also read the thread for a while .. it was Ginettes posts that inspired me to start. Good too as you get the gist before starting.

We are all different and have tips and suggestions to bring to the table. You will soon be at home here and losing those lbs. Bring on June .. you can do it .. we will help you. Xx

Skates on to get Mr Pips out early .. and yes KT muddy and wet Lol.

Have e good day everyone/ catch up later.

Brit lovelies… Everyone has inside them a piece of good news. The good news is.. you don’t know how great you can be .. what you can accomplish and what your potential is. Go for it. Xx

Hi Lynda

Yes Exerbeat is the one I suggested to Audrey. Enough on there to suit most people and you get a lot of encouragement to do just a little bit more, especially if you have nearly reached a country or a time bonus. Let me know how you get on.

I do the same with my porridge when I have it. It is nice to have someone fasting the same days.

Hi KT

When I started getting shopping delivered I found that I got less of the treat type things, so it worked out better for me. I still have it delivered about ever month and go to Aldi or farmfoods inbetween. I have had many bargains as well if something is slightly bruised they take the whole price of of the order, so one potato in a bag wound get me a free bag etc. sometimes also free delivery!!

I normally buy myself two boxes of Jaffa cakes. If you get Harley’s sugar free jelly mix these are really low in calories. Audrey and I also often have stewed rhubarb, I have mine with stevia which is a natural product and doesn’t give a sugar crash but satisfy some my sweet tooth. If you have a farm foods near you it is £1 for 750gms.

I hope your foot mends soon as there is nothing worse than hobbling around. Try and sit with your foot up as well, this will stop it getting swollen.

H Audrey

Now don’t go and overdo things!! We don’t want another person off their feet. Just increase it a little each day and then you won’t feel the strain. I agree to use Exerbeat on your own is best.

Hi Hemmy

That was a nice thing to say, I have just stuck with it. Not hard as I can have my treats, I don’t feel deprived and most importantly I see results. Yes they slow sometimes but as long as I can have my treats on NFDs then I am happy. Enjoy your walk, sunny here now.

Is anybody watching sugar free farm? I feel for them especially the ones who are struggling. The meal they had the other day looked awful, I would have still given it a try though.

Have a good day all.

Ginette

Hi ginette

I too am watching sugar free farm….I feel sorry for mark he is obviously struggling. … I would be useless in there I can’t stand vegetables. …..I don’t eat anything green…..or cauliflower eugh!

On our own today, have to say it’s nice to see the girls but great when they go home again hehe…

I have managed a mile. … I am feeling ok the back is doing well, think it’s helping because I am not bending or twisting. ..

Audrey

thank you for your tips ginette
    I have just placed my Tesco order, and it is mostly fruit and veg
    the only ‘naughty’ thing is my richtea
    I resisted the temptation to get anything else

it is my birthday in March, so I will let myself have something nice then, and then at Easter

I am hoping to avoid chocolate until then, as I simply don’t trust myself – I am lacking a ‘chocolate stop button’!!

I think I might get some of that sugar free jelly, as I love it. I sometimes make a lovely orange jelly filled with mango, and instead of topping up with cold water, I use orange juice which makes it so tangy.

My tip for rhubarb is to also cook it in a little orange juice, as that cuts the sourness right down

Yes, I am watching that programme, its interesting, although in agreement with you there is a lot they are cooking that I wouldn’t like.

I do find LOTS of the low calorie recipes are simply things I cannot face – I don’t like spicy foods, or curries, and recipes always seem to be so full of either things that add ‘heat’ (they call it flavour), or things I just don’t buy. Admittedly I am a very UN-adventurous cook – but then there is no one else at home so no one else to use things up

oh, forgot to say – you can also top up jelly with sparkling water
    it retains a little of the ‘sparkle’ which is rather nice in the jelly

Good evening friends x

A beautiful sunny day here today. Just as well because Mum had me here there any everywhere shopping. lol

She lives in a studio in a assisted living complex. A new comer aged 82 asked Mum her age and when she said 89 the lady replied .. are you sure that’s your right birth date. Did make Mum chuckle. Bless her… her favourite saying is ” if you don’t move with the times .. you will get left behind. I am so different and would rather be left behind thank you. Lolol

Everyone doing so well here… Aud with the walking… Gine making soups… KT sharing wonderful tips. Xx

A puzzle my lovelies… As you know I had lost my very sweet tooth. Noticeably over the Xmas period. Anyway … since it seems stopping the wine drinking which is 11 days … it seems to have come back.

Any ideas gratefully received.

Hope all our new friends are doing well … plus our old ones… Come and share your highs and lows. We have all been there. Xx

Take care all. Xx

Hi Audrey

Well done on the mile. If you don’t like vegetables just make smooth soup out of them. Cauliflower is good at taking on other flavours so can disappear if you put it with the right food.

Yes I agree poor Mark. They have another two weeks to go, I know a couple of them have done well. It will be nice to see then end results as we all know it is keeping off of it that is the problem.

Hi KT

Always remember when using orange juice it does contain a lot of sugar and the fact that it is orange fades into insignificance as the good part is actually eating the fruit and getting. Fructose is from the fruit but is just like sugar. If you can find a sparking water without added sugar this would be better. It sounds lovely to use orange juice but sadly won’t help cure your sweet tooth. This is why I use Stevia as it doesn’t give your blood a sugar spike.

I hear Tesco are now reducing prices instead of doing the two for 1 offers. It will be interesting to see if it makes any difference.

Ginette

Hi Hemmy

Out posts must have crossed. No help really regarding the sweet tooth thing. Mine had never gone away but I always use Stevia to sweeten as it does the job without the sugar rush. This is part of the battle. Maybe just try to have less sweet things than you used to. I really really miss sweet things I did cut it down really well once and that was exercise that helped. Whatever exercise does to your brain it took away my sweet urges. I cagoule take or leave sweet things. In fact I was left in a room for about 4 hours with an open tin of quality street and I didn’t have one!!

I don’t mind being left behind in some things but I like to know what is out there as well. I am quite technically minded. I used to teach computers years ago, I really enjoyed that. No need to teach it now as most people have been taught at school. I am still learning though and enjoying it as I need to learn, I have to have a reason to do something. I couldn’t just learn a language for no reason. I was on an Italian course once as I ran an Italian restaurant and had to know what the chefs were talking about (I couldn’t bear missing out) there was a woman there who just did languages to improve her knowledge. She enjoyed it, I found this a strange reason as she had no intention of going to Italy!

I’m rambling again, goodness knows what triggered those thoughts and I’m sure it’s not really of any interest here either. I’ll jump back in my box now…….

Ginette

sorry I realise orange juice contains a lot of its own sugar – was just giving a suggestion of a yummy jelly
    and I still think it would be better than refined sugar – not less calories – but ….

I have never had sparkling water with sugar in it – I just meant the spring water that is carbonated

Hi all, I’d like to join in with your discussion if that’s ok? I am just at the end of my fourth fast (and week two) and am finding fasting surprisingly easier than I thought it would be. I have about a stone to lose. I stopped breastfeeding in October and that stone went on in super quick time. I didn’t realise how much breast feeding was keeping my weight down and I was a stone lighter than my pre pregnancy weight so I want to get back down to that as I’ve always been that extra stone (or two) overweight before pregnancy.

I lost 3lb in the first week which really surprised me and I’m weighing in again tomorrow. Worried what the scales will say after a stressful week drove me to have a takeaway, chocolate and wine yesterday… Not sure if my fasting today will be enough to counteract it, watch this space I suppose.

It’s great to have such an active forum to join in with, sounds like you’re all old hands at this and are really supportive of each other.

Hi KT

Don’t be sorry as it sounds lovely but I just wanted you to count the calories in if you made it that way. Orange juice is about 45 calories for 100ml which is a tiny amount. I only have it if I am on holiday and have a breakfast treat or on special occasions.

Of course I’m not sure how it would taste with sugar free fizzy orange, maybe very nice. I rarely drink fizzy drinks maybe the last one I had was a couple of years ago. I am sure the lime jelly would be delicious with sugar free lilt though!! I shall try that as the weather gets warmer as an experiment. It would be fine with carbonated water though and maybe even a flavoured water although these do contain a few calories.

Hi Rosalam

Welcome to the forum.

Wow, well done you that is a real accomplishment to weigh less than your pre pregnancy weight. This is a nice way to lose weight. Strict on some days and relaxed on others. So you never really feel hard done by, this is how I felt on other diets that were less strict but on a daily basis. It’s works for me and all of the people here so it will work for you. Shout if you have any questions you will get a lot of people willing to help.

Ginette

Morning all, Welcome to Rosalam,

Hope you are all doing better than me diet wise. Have not really had a good week so far with sick grandchildren and husbands home. ..

He is back in work tonight so hoping for a better few days before the weigh in on Wednesday next week…

Keep in touch together we are stronger

Audrey

Good morning friends hope all is well with you.

Hoping for another lovely sunny day… need to loosen the soil around the snowdrops . So pretty. Often wonder how such dainty little flowers bloom in winter months.

Aud so pleased the exercise with the walking is helping your back. Be careful though.. you always sound like you are whizzing around. Lol

I am wondering if I should have got the light Shloer … 50 cals in 100ml is not bad though. I think the light is half that. Only filling a lrg wine glass about a third then topped with no cal sparkling water. So should be okay.

I wonder if my sugar craving Is that I am missing the sugar from the wine. Always something to conquer. Lol Never boring. Have a good day Aud… hope your GD is feeling better now. Xx

Hi Gine .. I am not brilliant on the computer but love finding out about how things work. Will always have a damn good try at fixing stuff myself before involving anyone else. Lol

Running an Italian restaurant must have been fun but also hard work. A agree learning a new language or anything really … so much better when you have a goal or a reason to do it.

My first Hubby used to say ” if you are interested in something you are brilliant at picking it up .. but if not.. you don’t want to know. Lolol About sums it up.

Hope this week is going well for you G … 12 days wine fee now. Xx

KT .. good to have a goal to work to. Having Easter and your Birthday to look forward to will keep you on track. That’s the good thing about this way of life .. tomorrows is another day when we can have a little treat. You are doing so well .. Yay. Xx

A big welcome Rosalam Wow a 3lb loss brilliant. Let us know how you do with weigh in today.

We are all on your side … lots of good tips .. help .. support here plus our highs and lows … laughter and tears.

Hope you enjoy it and lose those lbs along the way. Xx

Shaz .. Clem ..SQ how are u doing. Xx

CC… Karen… Milena .. Lyn.. How is it going for you. Xx

Hope Syms hubby is not leading her astray to much. Lolol XX

Have a good day Brit lovelies…. And anyone else thinking of joining in.. come on more the merrier my friends. Xx

Lets use this time in our life to do what we want …Be what we want…and not look back with regret. Xx

Morning All,

Felt a bit deflated yesterday seemed to have a headache I can’t shake off. Completed my second FD of the week so my next one isn’t till Tuesday. Don’t think I slept very well as still in zombie mode whilst trying to get the kids ready for school.

I’m sure you will have done just fine Audrey everyone needs a cheat day here and there.

No work for me today so that’s a huge plus. Going to jump in the shower whilst the temptation for jumping back into bed is really strong! Have a lovely day all x

Morning Shaziiii

I used to get a lot of headaches at first on 5 2.

Try drinking something salty like bovril or an oxo it may help.

Audrey

Thanks for the welcome from so many of you. Already picking up tips from you so thanks for that. Weigh in went well. Another 3lbs off so I’m very chuffed with that. Another 8 or so to go I reckon.

I like the idea of bovril to help with head aches. I haven’t had any yet but that sounds like a good idea to try. I’m just having issues with a tantrumy child which drives me to food, luckily only on my non fasting days though. I seem to manage on fasting days, even when preparing her food as normal.

Hi girls
    RADIO 2 JEREMY VINE SHOW THE MAN WHO STARTED THE 5:2 DIET IS CHATTING ABOUT SUGAR
    LYNDA x

Hi Hemmy

Well done on your wine free days, maybe that is where you are feeling the sugar withdrawal. Do you drink read or white, sweet or dry? I think it makes a big difference to sugar content.

Hi Audrey

Fingers crossed for you Wednesday. It is probably easier when Ian is working I imagine.

Hi Shaziii

Yes it does happen at the beginning. Lack of salt and water I believe. Where we cut down on food we also cut down on both of these things without realising. I hope you feel better soon.

Hi Lynda

I missed that I shall see if I can get it on catch up. Thanks.

Ginette

Morning all,

My we are a quiet bunch, hope you are all ok, it’s a fast day today for me, and after all the food I have eaten I am looking forward to it.

No big loss I fear this week, if I maintain I will be lucky….

Keep in touch all, and have a great weekend

Audrey

Morning Audrey

Just came back from a wet and windy walk only another 3,000 steps to do which I will do as going shoe and handbag shopping today so under decided what colour to get.

Have a good FD
    Lynda x

Good morning friends hope all Is well with you and yours.

A rainy one here. Had a lovely much needed lay in this morning.

Hi Gene.. I was drinking red wine Merlot. Lots of sugar in wine… could well be withdrawal

I did find yesterday better though. Never thought sweet at all. So proud … Kristy came in with two good wines that had been reduced at our local shop. I said “can you refill my Shloer and water please. Who would have thought it. Lol

Hope you have e lovely week-end and thank you for all the encouragement. Xx

Shaz .. I couldn’t do without that little Oxo cube especially on FDs. Hope all is going well for you. Xx

Hi Lyn .. thanks for the link .. I will try to catch that up. Soon be Zipper testing again. Its so exciting … Have a good week-end. Xx

Hi Aud … Yay FD for you .. our Auds back on track. Take it easy though with everything.
    It is easier to fast when on your own. I am looking forward to those days when Kristy is in London.

The first week I am going to declare a home holiday for me and Mr Pips. Just a 2 hour walk … sofa reading … M&S meals. Lol Why not… life is to be enjoyed.

Have a good day Aud .. I know you will stick to the 500 .. or is it Liquid today. Xx

SQ .. how is the ADF going … we would love an update. Xx

Hope everyone else is ok.

Don’t forget Brit lovelies. Positive thinking evokes more Energy…more Initiative and more Happiness.

Morning all,

Just hot off the treadmill, very hot n sweaty…..

Did 2 miles in 45 Mins. …wow feeling great, my back is holding out very well, let’s hope it lasts …

Have hopped on scales for mid week weigh, up 2 lbs… 😈😈… Let’s hope this liquid day puts it all back…

Lynda enjoy your shopping I am sure you will find what your looking for. .. it’s so exciting isn’t it?

Hemmy afraid I have lost the track but am determined to get back on… who knows may try another walk later. I sometimes have a lovely break when ian goes back to work and I stay at the caravan… I usually watch my dvd collection, I have I Claudius and roots…. both really good series I can watch over n over again. .

I am up to 7000 steps so far….

Audrey

Morning Aud

Your breaks at the caravan sound lovely. Nice to have some “me time” looking forward to it again.

Have a good day on the liquid.. hope Milena is ok and just busy.

Off to Stratford Upon Avon for lunch and mooch around the wonderful charity shops there. Catch up laters. Xx

Have a good day everyone… Everyone .. especially new friends need support. Xx

Hi Lynda

Well done on your steps, hope you get what you want shopping. I really don’t enjoy shopping and prefer to avoid it when possible.

Hi Hemmy

Nice for you to have a lazy day, well done on keeping off the wine. I hope you find something good in the charity shops.

Hi Audrey

As you know weight can fluctuate so much from day to day, tomorrow you may be 2lbs down again. You are doing so well on that treadmill. As you say it is nice to know that when you are tired you can just stop it and get off an Ideal way to start.

As you say it is quiet on here.

Ginette

Hi all

hope you are all having a good weekend – watching the Calcutta Cup – dunno why, I find England/Scotland games the most stressful! England leading 6-7 at the moment.

Audrey – what days are you doing next week? Got the engagement party Friday – doing Monday but thought to tag onto the back of you if you are doing yours later in the week.

Had a dicky tummy the last few days – eating quite ordinary stuff and rushing to the loo – quite unusual for me nowadays,but hey, there are no goods in transit! Hope it settles down, my neighbour has had no gall bladder for 5 years, but reckons she has to take toilet paper with her if she takes the dog for a walk – I presume for her, not the dog. Is it me but I can’t work out exactly why – well I can, but it paints a very funny picture in my head, I wonder if she is needing to hide behind bushes. Just glad then I don’t have a dog!

Was going to do James Martin’s Roast Pork on Sunday, but giving it a miss. Trying to get tickets to go and see him a the Usher Hall in Edinburgh, but seems I can only get circle tickets at the moment – and can’t think who to ask to go with, but there will be cars involved so OH will probably go with me, luckily he understands me well, knows very well I have the hots for Mr Martin, so he records Saturday Kitchen for me every week!

Light dinner today, plaice! Got a box of wine so that I don’t drink too much, it is too tempting to finish a bottle. On the other hand its now too tempting to finish a box!!!!

travel hopefully……

Milena

Will be doing 2 separate fasts next week, got girls coming for lunch on Sunday, so will be doing sat and Monday I think…or if b2b Monday and Tuesday. ..not next Monday but week after! With possible Thursday fast next week with Ian. ..

Sorry it’s a bit up in the air at the min….

Audrey

milena – I have read (on a US forum re. gut issues) that lots of people have found taking a calcium supplement has massively helped with the upset stomach issues following removal of gall bladder

you have to get just the plain calcium tablets – NOT the ones with magnesium as that can cause the problem

I used it for a while when things got bad and it certainly made a difference

I had my gall bladder removed about 2yrs ago and I certainly don’t have that trouble is if I I eat fatty foods it gives me heartburn and intergestion.

Had a good shopping day got my shoes and bag really pleased.

Lynda x

Lynda, you can’t just say you got your shoes and bag without describing them….. come on tell us all…. are you having a hat or fascinator?

Audrey

Audrey
    Just put a photo on fast friends
    It’s a jacques vert two tone lace purple and champagne colour dress and purple shoes and bag to match and I’m wearing a fascinating which is purple looks lovely on.
    Lynda xx

Just seen a recipe for chicken cooked cola (?!)on a FB 5:2 group. Why on earth would you want to cook in that kind of rubbish. Surely 5:2 is a way of life, about reeducating our palates, breaking old bad habits and living a healthier life style other wise how can you change and move fowards (and downwards). What does eveybody think?

Lynda photo looks great, you will have to post pictures on Facebook after wedding too. …

Celtic, the mind boggles doesn’t it? Chicken in cola? And I get its full fat cola too full of sugar eugh. …. I grilled my chicken and had it with roasted veg…..was very tasty… I had a glass of cola at xmas I got an instant headache. …

Audrey

Girls
    I use to make this on the slimming world diet with Diet Coke or diet Fanta taste yummy.

Will do Audrey post some photos.
    Lynda

Lynda’s right, apparently its a slimming world recipe with diet cola.

I can imagine using a small amount of diet tonic for jelly in a slightly boozy trifle. Even then I’d prefer to try and flavour naturally. Stu makes a lovely pina colada trifle that no added sugar and the custard is made with light coconut milk. Very refreshing in the summer

Viewing 50 posts - 2,851 through 2,900 (of 35,381 total)

You must be logged in to reply.