Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,832 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  symba7 3 hours, 49 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 2,801 through 2,850 (of 35,317 total)

• Hi Celtic

Yes like you before I have no upstairs. That would be quite a thing. Decorators seem really expensive I agree. I do love dogs as well, my son has a dog that I look after sometimes. I used to work long hours and so it would be really unfair on a dog. Also we aren’t allowed them here. I used to have my mum living with me and she always loved cats so this is why I had them. I love cats and once you have them again it, it difficult to be without them. When one has died the other looks so lonely that I have got him a companion.

Hi ShaziiI

I must have missed your 3lbs loss. Sorry I should have said well done earlier.

Hi Audrey

I turned notifications off as they drove Pam mad. She kept talking me there was another her “noise” on my phone. I was on two threads (once on three) now I am only on this one. I was ok today no need to log in.

I am wondering what to have to eat now. Pam and I are sharing a curry tonight so that is easy. I have a very good chinese locally and curry, rice and chips is only about 3.50. A bargain for local prices. They are always packed out of the door as they are good as well. I phone the order in and pick up as then I don’t have to wait so long.

Hi Lynda

Yes it was driving me mad. I isn’t have problems this morning though. Tech here is really good. Scroll down to the bottom of the page to get the link.

Hi Jean

You and Audrey to tend to spoil the grandchildren, how lovely. Your holiday sounds lovely. Renember these times are meant for enjoyment so enjoy them, 5:2 will be here when you get back. If it takes two or three weeks to lose gained weight then take it on the chin. I have lost 1lb this week so getting closer to me ore break weight and hopefully this time it will carry on past that and down further. I think the break did me good.

I prefer to have bread without anything, sometimes I use cheese spread though. Love to cook in butter but can’t stand a lot of butter on bread. Pam can have it tons of it on bread, the more the better. How people differ.

Hi KT

I have heard of junket not quite sure what it is though. Is it like blancmange?

Ginette

Hi Hemmy

I prefer 1% or Aldi skimmed myself I have never likes cream milk especially in tea. I love cream over things though. I couldn’t drink tea of coffee with it in though.

Ginette…

Well done on the 1 lb off….a break has possibly done you good…chasing weight every week I would think could get you down and obsessive over a long period…a small break and hopefully hold your own, would do us all good maybe every 3 months for a week or two …then push on again…

We are expecting to put on as everybody does on holiday but we will take all what’s on offer. We have even discussed the drinks on flight, all free so that’s nice. India may be OK for me for food wise as I only like a small amount of curry and rice and I am a bit fussy. Lots of walking it could be even up to 5/6 hours every other day so hoping our knees and feet cope. Our last week is in Sri Lanka is All inclusive so that could be the nightmare for food and drink but we will hold our head high and enjoy and face the damage on return. 😀

We are hoping to start excerise when back, swimming as its easier on our knees and feet. I really have to get hubby towing the line and get some of his weight moving its been a bit slow for him.

Jean x

Snowing big time here in the NE for the last three hours but not laying …..not nice
    X

Hemmy

Shloer is any 2 for 2 pound at tesco…..Let’s keep you off the wine!

☺☺☺☺☺

Audrey

Hi Jean

Looks like a nice time is planned. I am pleased that you are going to enjoy it. Yes last year I has been on it and lost really well for about 8 months Then the last two months before my break I had trouble losing anything. Really disheartening week after week. So I had a break for about 6 weeks which included Christmas and obviously overeating!! I put on 10lbs but have since lost 6 of that. Not bad as I only weighed again on the 5th January. I am hoping that February will see me back to my original best weight. Then that I carry on downwards.

I love to see the snow and if it isn’t laying you have the best type of snow!!

Audrey what is Shloer? I know it’s probably alcoholic but I have no idea what type of drink it is.

Ginette

Hi ginette

Shloer is sparkling grape juice. Non alcoholic. Hemmy has been drinking it instead of wine! Good girl…

Hope you are all better now?

You have done well to almost lose your Xmas gain I have quite a few lbs left yet….

Audrey

Hi all !

Just a v quick pop in to say have a fantastic holiday Jean!! Hope all travel goes well and enjoy everything 🙂

Will catch up on all posts tomo..weather supposed to be grotty again 🙁

Out for dinner at friends’ tonight. .taking wine and shloer! Top tip Hemmy!! Haven’t had it for afew years but it will look like wine as I’m driving. Don’t want to drink tonight..tail end of a cold so still a bit bleugh 🙁

Have a good eve all x

Karen
    Xx

well the egg custard is yummy
    and very light
    ok so it would be more yummy with full fat milk, and more sugar
    but it is still nice as it is

Hi My ducks as we say in Oxfordshire. Lol x

Hi Aud will try that bake it sounds good.
    Whey hey good old Tesco ” every little helps”. lol Wow £2 for 2 I will be there tomorrow buying 10 bottles= 20 Yay Yay thanks so much Aud… made my day. Xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Lyn .. yes good idea getting hubby involved will be so much easier. Tell him he needs to do this to compete with your fab dress. Lol Xx

KT Is the egg custard made yet… don’t know why but I keep thinking about it . Lol I was at school and came in for lunch on a Friday Mums shopping day
    It was always . a boiled egg soldiers and a custard tart from our local baker. lol Fond memories. Hope you enjoy it. Stay with us KT.Xx

Hi Ginny X I only have a splash of milk in tea. But I do love a full fat milk coffee on a FD. at 2pm. That keeps me going feels filling till my meal.

I have taken it easy this week … I am in the frame of mind to conquer my weaknesses. Starting at wine. That is going well .. then my next thing would be my liking for carbs. I have cut my breakfast toast in half from 2to 1 am wondering whether to add yogurt though.

G be kind to yourself .. I know we all want to lose this weight yesterday. Although I think you are in the same frame of mind as me …slowly catches monkey.

Sometimes I get the feeling that you don’t realise how far you have come and that is so very wonderful and to be applauded. Many times over this past year I have thanked my lucky stars I tuned into FBB read your posts and joined in. Thank you G Xx

Sym .. Have a wonderful holiday… take everything that’s offered .. this time with our loved ones is so very precious never to get back.
    Forget the world and all … this is you and hubbys special time together . Safe trip to you both. Xx

Hi Karen.. Good idea with the shloer I had forgotten about it too. Lol Have a wonderful evening Xx

Kristy had a nice lunch time today … treated to Jamie Oliver’s by a client. Await her report. Lol Meanwhile .. Mum Is having a Bacon and Egg Bap. Lol.

Take care all. Xx

Morning all

Just a quick post before I get a quick work out in and the girls arrive. …

Hope you are all doing ok, I had a good day yesterday, the scales are looking good for Tuesday weigh in….

Keep in touch together we are stronger

Audrey

lost another kilo 🙂

I just love looking at the graph on the ‘tracker’

Morning All,

Thanks for all the farewell wishes, I shall miss the forum and all the banter…..what am I going to do when having a cuppa!
    Will be back on 16th….I shall pop in if I get Wi Fi but we are a bit in the sticks.

Keeptrying …really well done a kilo off..it’s really worked this week…must make you feel good….I shall have a go at the custard sounds ummy…

Audrey…have a lovely weekend with the grandchildren, make the most of it they grow up too fast ..

Ginette…keep focused after your break, may be a bit hard to get back on track again…you will do it. Have a good Fast week…

Lynda….glad hubbys with you it makes it so better..

Hemmy…yes it is lovely to have someone by your side who’s special….time is so short sometimes.. I shall be buying some Shloer when I get back and give it a try X

Karen….your meal sounds lovely out with friends..and the Shloer!

Milner…hope you are OK and feeling better after your fall…

Hope everybody have good FDs ….keep on track…good luck to you all…see all that fat melt away 😇😇😇

Jean X

Jean, have a wonderful time away, come back to us safely. …

KT well done on your loss. …the egg custard worked out ok for you then!

Have a good day everyone will be back on tomorrow now, kids on their way after church….

Audrey

Good morning lovely peeps,

Hope you are all well. Had a good day yesterday can’t say I was calorie counting but just had smaller portions. Felt quite relaxed. I was just wondering about the Sholer, isn’t that quite high in calories? It is one of my favorite drinks but have totally gone cold turkey for months now. It’s a weird thing to say but I’m actually looking forward to my fast day. Lol

Audrey…hope you have a lovely day with the grandchildren

Keep trying…. well done on the loss

Symba…hope you enjoy your break.

Right I’m off to wrestle with a pile of laundry. Wish me luck x

Hi Guys,

Hope you all had a great weekend.

Hi Audrey

Thanks for that. Enjoy your workout and time with the grandchildren.

Hi Karen

Yes the posts go mad on here sometimes. Weather is colder here today. Yesterday it wasn’t bad but biting wind. I hope you enjoyed your evening.

Hi keep trying

Well done for your weight loss. It is strange that some of us measure in lbs, some in stones and some in kilos. I wonder if we leave the EU what it will be?!

Egg custard sounded lovely.

Hi Hemmy

I don’t forget but I suppose I have now get used to it. I need to carry on down and get back to the gym to tone up a bit. The gym I feel is in my mind but it will take two or three weeks before I am back there. I want to lose steadily this year and let my body adapt to it, my skin more than anything.

I know next week will be a little busy as I have some appointments arranged. The week after the dreaded mammogram. A necessary evil. I noticed that sainsburys soups were quite expensive but the butternut squash is nearly twice the size 600gms compared to 350 Asda and £1.50 compared to 85p. They also do a vegetable broth at Sainsuburys. Now I shall have to look at Morrisons.

Don’t go too mad with the soft drinks as they can really rack up calories. I love elderberry juice but that is quite high. I normally stick to squash at home.

Hi Jean

Did the snow lay in the end? I hope you have a lovely holiday and really enjoy yourselves.

Hi Shaziii

Yes it’s a funny thing that isn’t it looking forward to fast days. I think most of us do too. I suppose after we get into a routine we don’t have to plan too much.

Well done with not drinking.

Ginette

Hi All

Shloer drinks calories links. These are given per 100ml.

http://www.shloer.com/About-Shloer/Frequently-asked-questions

Another article about drinks

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/news/5171660/Average-wine-drinker-puts-on-half-a-stone-of-fat-a-year-says-campaign-group.html

It helps to know and make informed choices.

Hi Hemmy

I forgot to say I love a cappuccino from time to time or a milky coffee.

Ginette

Here is another one. Very interesting especially at tge bottom of that arricle for some. Sorry juices don’t count though.

The good news: A few grapes really CAN slim your waist (and boost your love life)
    http://dailym.ai/1WQyJfy

Ginette

Hi guys im new to the forum iv just made a lovely meal for fastday on bbc good food,you mite want to look at the site just type 5:2 diet in,june

Evening all

I have had a great day with the girls but am worm out now. Sent the bulk of the biscuits home with them. Made gingerbread ones and melting moments.
    Our posts have just crossed welcome June. ..
    Hope you have all enjoyed your Sunday

Audrey

Morning all

I had a great day yesterday with the girls, managed to keep my calories pretty low, even with pasta bake. It’s looking good for tomorrow’s weigh in…..

Have a great day, keep in touch, if your struggling or not, together we are stronger

Audrey

Good morning friends hope all is well with you and yours.

Hope you all had a lovely week-end.

Aud .. sounds like a busy busy day with your girls. Bet they just love Grandmas kitchen with the wonderful smells and food she bakes.

The taste of my Grans gravy was second to none. A wonderful baker too… those memories stay forever.

Hope you have a good day.. is it a FD for you? Where is Milena hope she is ok. Xx

Hope Sym got away on time to her wonderful holiday. Very best wishes to them both. Xx

Karen… hope the party went well. Xx

Shaz.. Re The Shloer calories. On a evening I have about 100ml in all.. topped up with sparkling water over two massive wine glasses. So its 50 cals per night. Can have them EVERY day. Also no munches … no feeling tired the next day…. hopefully weight loss… plus I really like the non sweet taste.. finding lots of drinks to sweet. Win win. Lol Have a good day. Xx

KT… Wow wow and wow. Well done on that kilo loss. You must be sooo thrilled. Another egg custard is called for I reckon. Lol

So very pleased for you KT… Stick with us girl… as Aud says… Together we are stronger. Xx

Hi Gine … Hope you had a good week-end. I am not fasting today as I want to see how the non wine is panning out.
    Just been sensible and 1 FD this week. .. Hopefully stay the same.. it looks pretty stable at the mo. Will see tomoz.

Everyone keeps saying how well I look.. even Mum yesterday that sees me lots. Noone mentions the weight loss though. Lol

It sounds like a busy week for you… Hate set appointments .. being in a place at a set time. Getting quite reclusive Lol… just like to meander in my own time from project to project. Fixing a leaky outside water tap today. Lol

I also find Sainsbury quite expensive for some things. Big shop at Audi then like yesterday … up to the nearest Tesco for stock up on frozen broad beans..
    £1 a bag .. the only place I see them. Plus of course the 2 for 1 Shloer got 10 bottles for £5.

Hope your day is good whaterver you are doing. Xx

A big welcome Junew… lots of encouragement here… lovely to have you on our journey. Check in and exchange experience’s with us like minded people. Xx

Everyone else have a great day whatever…Anyone looking in… go on take the plunge… come in.

Brit lovelies… Remember to be kind to ourselves… we are doing the best we can.. we are amazing … Don’t ever tell yourself anything less. Xx

Lol meant to say 10 bottles for £10.. Xx

Morning hemmy

Glad you got your Shloer. … non fast day for me, Ian off tonight it’s his first one off so big meal later is planned, he always looks forward to his 1st meal off. …

I will be going tesco later in week for my Shloer, will join you in a glass or two…..

Audrey

Hi Aud

Have a lovely meal later. What’s on the menu. lol Please don’t say stew an dumpling’s as I have that on my mind. lol

So weird .. about losing this sweet tooth. Yesterday Mum had got a strawberry cheesecake. Used to loved all that stuff .. but all too sweet now. Find a piece of cheese or nuts more appealing but of course its watching the portions.

I know I keep on about the sweet thing but when I came here it was awful. In a way quite miss a mars bar etc . Can remember thinking on a morning after a FD .. when I go to the shop I will buy a bakewell tart from their bakery. Never occurs to me now. Funny I quite miss it in way. ( no pleasing some Hey ) Good ole 5 2 lol. Xx

Hemmy

It’s hairy bikers sausage casserole, cooked in my slow cooker with mashed potatoes. …. smells good even now, and it’s only just gone in……

Make some stew and dumplings if you just have the one dumpling it’s not too bad calorie wise, I made my last lot in a big pan of stew and froze them in portions of stew as ready meals….they freeze wonderfully well….
    It’s a good job you went to tesco Yesterday, Shloer offer ends tomorrow. …
    Aud

Morning all

Well lost 2.2lb this week going in the right direction.

Been on a 4 mile walk this morning and a bit of wii fit later.
    FD for me today.

Lynda x

Lovely Aud… can smell it from here. Lol

Yes, thank you for that tip about Tesco. Xx

Lyn .. Brilliant 2.2 what a great amount. So very thrilled for you. Easier Zip here we come.

Blimey 4 miles already.. still pottering in my dressing gown. lol A 1 +1/2 hr walk for me at 11am. Better get going. Have a good day. XX

Had a good FD yesterday and thought Id dare a weigh in . Despite food in transit 13 8 yay . Had the mega veg version of the covent garden haddock chowder. Feels like weight might be shifting from lower tummy/hips. Was a two smoothie day yesterday. Finished mid evening with celery, pink grapefruit toasted coconut satsuma and tiny amount of chilli. … very nice. Hope every one has had a good weekend. Didnt get any forumosts so wondering if had managed to unsubscribe by mistake. Today mostly going to be taken up with getting Stu sorted out….. took last anti epileptic medication yesterday morning and didnt say anything about it until bedtime last night!

Hemmy the redgrape juice from tesco, morrisons, lidl and waitrose are also greatbwith spring water..nice alternaive to red wine and not at all sweet.

Wow, we all seem to be doing well just at the minute, new year new me definitely kicking off now….

If your struggling don’t be quiet and lurk, come and join us see if we can help, we don’t know if you are quiet. …

Have a great day my fellow brits….

Audrey

don’t know what is the matter with me today
    hardly able to stay awake
    have walked neighbours dog, and been shopping, but eyes just want to close

have eaten ok, so don’t know what it is, unless my body is finally kicking back at me for ‘depriving it’ of the vast quantities of sugar it yearns for

Hi June

A big welcome to you. You will soon feel part of the family.

Hi Hemmy

I am fasting today, I like to have the routine of it. Not sure what I am going to eat yet, maybe omelette and heck sausages. Good news about the Shloer. Enjoy your walk.

Hi Audrey

Glad your weekend went well, the sausage casserole sounds good. I suppose I could do that with Heck sausages.

Hi Lynda

Well done on the big loss. Nice to have such a result at tge end of the week.

Hi Celtic

Looks like panic is on then for the Meds and a day seeing the doctor for a new prescription. It’s not one I have ever run out of.

Hi KT

Just do what your body wants. An afternoon nap will make you feel better. Yes as you say maybe a response to lack of sugar. I have never given it up completely. No sugar in tea but I still have a bit of cake and some chocolate. As long as I am losing that is ok. I have been on it some time though.

Have a good day all.

Ginette

Hi everyone,

Hope your all well and had a lovely weekend. Weekend was a bit of a struggle as I felt I was constantly hungry so picking throughout the day. Today seems better as I’ve had porridge with skimmed milk and a mug shot for lunch. Well I say I had the mugshot but tbh threw most away as it was awful. Lol. Fasting day tmrw and no plans to go out so hopefully will see more of a loss.

Hi everyone 🙂

KT Coffee Shaz Ginette Lynda Celtic..well done on your losses! The Brits are obviously going great! Keep up all the good work 🙂

Lynda..glad to hear that the zip is on the move!

KT..if you have to give in to food don’t think of it as failing. Just write that day off and try again another day. There is so much great support on here so keep checking in for the help you need. You’ve had a brilliant loss..and made a fabulous egg custard! My mouth is watering just thinking about it!!

Celtic..hope you got the meds sorted x

Audrey..hope you had a fab time with the grandchildren x

Hemmy..the Shloer was lovely! I shall be stocking up but don’t think I can match your prices here.

Zcrf..don’t think you’ve posted since your initial one. 6 days fasting is not 5:2 or even ADF. Think you probably need to consult your GP as that sounds a bit extreme

Hope all have had a good day 🙂 Mizzle and wind here..every day seems the same 🙁 Although we do have signs of spring on the way and days are drawing out so must be thankful for that!

FD for me today and going fine. I did increase by 1kg when we were away but I can live with that. It’s going to happen on high days and holidays and that’s all part of life. So long as we then get back on track..and stay off the slippery slope!!

Have a good evening all 🙂 off to make soup, then a dog walk and maybe even some ironing..fun fun fun!!

Karen
    Xx

Hi Karen thank you for the lovely post but I seriously doubt I will be losing this week. Don’t know what’s wrong with me just can’t get into the swing of things. I am really good on FD but then slide on the other days… what should I do????

Hi Shaz

You have to log absolutely everything you put in your mouth! Use an app like my fitness pal. Quite a few of us use this. You enter your cals for the day (tdee) then enter bfast lunch dinner and snacks. It calculates it all for you. This helps to concentrate the mind..and you see how ‘expensive’ calorie wise some foods are..then decide whether they are worth eating!

Try it for a couple of weeks and see if it helps. You need to come in under your tdee..sadly you can’t just eat anything on NFDs!!

Karen
    Xx

Hi Karen,

Thank you for the advice and your absolutely right. I just need to take myself into a corner and give myself a good talking to. I start of really well then goes downhill.

I have downloaded my fitness app but haven’t been logging for a few days. I need to get a grip and get on with it 😢

Hi Shaziii

I get hungry days as well. Soup seems to really help and for not very many calories. In this weather it is nice as well. The mug Shots are quite high in calories. I remember looking at them when I did weight watchers.

As Karen says my fitness pal is really good for logging calories. I do it occasionally but in the beginning I did it for a few weeks until I learnt the calories.

You will get there.

Ginette

Hi Friends hope all is well with you and yours. x

Hoping for a calmer wind free day today .. Although good for drying laundry. lol

Just weighed in the same as last week so very pleased as only one FD. Hopefully now stay stable without that extra wine sugar. Then 2 FDs Fri/ Mon…. May do tomorrow as well this week. Will see.

CC Well done with your loss .. those lovely shakes must have contributed. Hope everything got sorted out with Stu.

I will try the grape juice … Thank you. At the mo I have 10 bottles to get through. lol You are doing so well CC keep going. Xx

KT … just wanted to tell you .. I also felt very tired when I started for some weeks. I never mentioned it at the time as no one else seemed too. Then suddenly I felt sooo much better and lots more energy. Stick with us KT.. it will be brilliant. Xx

Gine .. hope your FD went well yesterday. Take care this week as you said you have a busy schedule. A nice bit of rest .. reading in between if possible.

Love reading and have been waylaid by the computer these days. Must admit when I have a few hours curled up with a book I feel so much more rested and relaxed. Probably as I nod off. Lol Not a good sleeper so it doesn’t hurt.

Have a good day G whatever you are doing.Xx

Aud ..Hope you and Ian enjoyed the meal last night. Think I will get a slow cooker. Had one years ago when I was working, probably gave it away knowing me. Lol

Is it a Fd for you today. Wonder where Milena is hope she is well. Xx

Hi June hope its going well for you. Xx

Karen.. know what you mean about the days being the same. So sick of wet dog towels… lol Plus muddy trousers and boots.

Hope your cold had gone now. Xx

Shaz … Keep going mate .. I promise it does get easier. Think at the start we are all focusing on what and not to have… our mind is just consumed with food thoughts.

Once you can get a pattern going and know what works for you.. things will get better. Also taste changes.. and the stomach will shrink. Just keep doing your best and all will click into place. Stay with us Shaz. Xx

Off to the Garden Centre for a look around .. ideas .. lunch. Lolol At one time lunch would be first and foremost. Lolol

Have a wonderful day our little corner ..and anyone else looking in. Come draw up a chair and join in… be kind to yourself.

Brit lovelies… We will not feel deprived when we turn down junk food… We will feel Empowered we made that healthy choice. Xx

Good morning fellow Brits 🙂

Well done Hemmy on maintaining 🙂 it’s good to know that you can stay the same with only one FD. Sometimes life gets in the way and 2 FDs are not achievable so to stay the same is a good result x

Yay no work for me today but have plenty of chores so will not be a relaxing day!

Have not ventured out yet..rain again!!

Milena..hope you are doing OK x pretty grim weather up north so hoping you are safe x

Have a good day all..stay mindful and focused 🙂

Karen
    Xx

Morning all,

Hemmy I have the tesco slow cooker, does a great job, think it’s on offer at the min….

Been on scales down 2.5 lb

Sorry got to rush got sick granddaughter to pick up….
    Love to all

Audrey

Audrey

Brilliant! ! Well done on that fantastic loss..you deserve it! !

Hope day goes ok..poor granddaughter x

I also have slow cooker..over 30 years old and still going strong! Would not be without one.

Karen
    Xx

Hi Hemmy

My relaxation is a talking book and a jigsaw on my iPad. I am having a relaxing day, washing that does itself and maybe cleaning the fridge as I prepare something to eat. I have a shopping delivery coming tomorrow, I sprained my knee about three years ago now (through too much exercise!) and walked on crutches, this is when I had my first lot of shopping delivered. You can’t use crutches and shop. It is brilliant as for £1 I can get it delivered to my door, no more three trips to the car for me. Also it saves money and impulse items normally not healthy ones. Win, win!!

Nice sun was streaming in today so that in itself was quite relaxing.

Well done Audrey on your great loss. I hope your granddaughter isn’t too bad and enjoys you looking after her.

I too love my slow cooker. I have only had it a couple of years and probably don’t use it as much as I should.

I hope everybody is enjoying their day and that tge North haven’t got too much bad weather.

Milena, you are very quite I hope all is well.

Ginette

really fed up
    a fd today, which I have just about managed, although I had readybrek for tea instead of salad, as I just couldn’t face cold food
    but something has happened to one of my feet, and I can hardly walk on it
    no idea what
    it just started yesterday eve and has got worse
    walking home this eve was agony
    stuff like this stresses me out
    one minute I am walking 2 miles to do the shopping, and then for no apparent reason, a few hours later its all messed up
    sometimes when things click out or whatever they do, the following morning they are lots better, but that didn’t happen today 🙁
    really fed up
    something always seems to happen when I think I am doing better

Evening KT

Sometimes I feel like that something hot so keep frozen veg in freezer and make up some gravy and have that for my tea on a fast day.
    Hope your foot gets better soon.
    Lynda x

Good evening friends. x

Wow Aud… 2.5lbs what can I say but Fab….u….lous. So thrilled for you. You have done so well especially after being in pain … then the worry of your Mum. Getting back into Fasting … You really deserved that loss. Xx

Hope your Granddaughter is feeling better. With Grandma is a good place to be
    when not well.

Will look at the Tesco Slow cookers. Thank you. Xx

Hi Karen… hope you are enjoying your day off. The weather here took a turn for the better and we have had lovely sunshine for most of the day.

So had a nice sunny walk with Mr Pips …Then a steak and onion baguette with a drizzle of gravy at the Garden centre. Very yummy.

After your busy day hope you have a relaxing evening. Xx

Hi Gine .. What a good idea re the shopping. Why have the hassle of lugging it from the car yourself. Lots of backs are ruined by carrying heavy shopping. Plus sometimes we forget we are not getting any younger and strength is not the same as it was.

I am going to be back on my own again in 2 weeks time. Kristy is going back to London to live.

Her hours are erratic being in events and also she is spending so much time and money commuting.

She is nervous as before she lived in Guildford and now will be right in the centre of London near work.

I am looking forward to getting a routine going again. Not keen on these early mornings and late nights now. Anyway back every other week-end… so not too bad. I dare say with washing in hand. Lol

Hope your son is doing well .. They always seem like little children don’t they. Lol

Think I will have a FD tomorrow. Take care G. Xx

Hi KT .. Yes, not really salad weather. Soup is always a good standby for fasting days. Omelettes are filling with a couple of mushrooms and herbs. I have been having a cup of milk coffee at 2pm … that keeps me going till later for a meal.

Everything seems to go wrong at once. Some days worse than others and you think ” what next”. Hope your foot is feeling better now.

Take care KT … onwards and downwards… with the lbs. Xx

Hi Lyn.. when is the next dress fitting. How many more weeks do you have to master that Zip. Xx

Enjoy the rest of the evening everyone. Wonder what lovely sights were seen by Sym and hubby today.

Take care friends. Xx

well it is still the early hours and I have been trying to think through what happened on Monday, and just remembered when I was walking neighbours dog I stepped of a curb sort of backwards and sideways (trying to avoid a builders truck), it hurt at the time but was fine to walk the rest the way home. But it was after that that my foot started to hurt.

currently icing it again, it is a bit swollen and red, so not sure what to do really
    cue expletives!!!!

Morning all,
    KT hope the foot is better soon,
    Thanks for all your congratulations. ….
    Babysitting again today ……😷😷

Ian has ordered a treadmill for me. He is worried that if I start walking outside and my back goes into spasm I will not be able to get home, so he has got a treadmill that I can walk on it but he can also jog on it too. ….at least if my back goes I won’t have far to go to sit down..

Milena, getting worried now, don’t make me email you…. let us know you are ok please. …

Have a great day everybody fast or non fast. …

Together we are stronger

Good morning friends hope all is well with you and yours. x

A chilly start here… hoping for some sunshine.. yesterday was lovely.

Going for a FD today . anyone else?

Aud .. hope your Granddaughter is feeling better today. How are you doing. Xx

Ps .. Just seen your post .. well done Ian the Treadmill is a wonderful idea. We don’t want our Aud in pain. Xx

Hi KT .. Sorry you are still in pain with your foot. Probably resting it up sounds the best idea. You may have twisted it or bruising. If it doesn’t improve best you see the pharmacist or nurse.
    Look after yourself .. there is only one you. Xx

Hi to Milena we are all missing you.. hope you are well.Xx

Have a good day my friends in our little corner.. and anyone else looking in. Come join us on this wonderful journey.

Brit lovelies.. Be Kind To Yourself… When we become our own best friend life becomes easier. Because You are Worth it. Xx

Viewing 50 posts - 2,801 through 2,850 (of 35,317 total)

You must be logged in to reply.