Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,906 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 15 hours, 28 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 28,251 through 28,300 (of 35,392 total)

• Morning everyone!

HH – I think the idea was to make people feel welcome and save using public transport now things are opening up. Although it seems they went a bit overboard with the sheer numbers of staff v passengers passing through. So I was just saying hi to people and letting them know they could get masks for free and use hand sanitiser if they wanted. As for how I find them, I’m on the books with a handful of events and hospitality agencies who then offer me work. Sometimes it’s general emails to everyone, other times they give me a call specifically. Just depends!
    Boots sounds a bit of a nightmare. I was going to attempt there later on, fingers crossed…
    Lucky you with a haircut! Very jealous! And well done on your early workout. I’m definitely enjoying following along live ones at 8am as it gets them out the way, and when it’s cool as well.

Jean – busy day baking for you, sounds lovely! Hope you have a lovely time today! Wow, that hamper sounds fantastic too.

Dave – hope you don’t bake! Enjoy the sunshine!

So, I was up nice and early this morning for a morning work out, and am doing some writing now before heading into town for a spot of shopping and to see one of my best friends for a picnic. Can’t wait! I hope everyone has lovely days and can enjoy the beautiful weather.

x

Morning All..
    Everything ready I don’t have the confidence to hold lunches, family is different…we never have visitors so you get out of doing things…it all looks ok….hope nothing is forgot…rose wine is chilling so a bonus…and a change for me…

Set the chairs out in the garden but I think we will be chasing the shadow and the sun, maybe get away with 45 mins..

Hedgehog..
    I weighed in and was the same this morning, so the weight will be today’s or Fridays 😂….we shall take it steady with the food, picnic things heavy on calories and have to be eaten…

Hope everything is up and running for your holidays…I would think they have been ready and waiting…a short summer for them…enjoy mum later…

Dave..
    Maggots it puts me off…can’t you use something like bread or meat…

Endellion
    Enjoy your meet up with your friend and your picnic and a bit of shopping too..

Jean x

Jean, enjoy your lunch. Im sure it will be fine.

Endellion, enjoy your picnic too.

HH, the page has turned but I think you were seeing mum later. Have nice afternoon.

Minols, hope the old boy is a bit better and the inflammatories are working.
    Soup surprise later, fingers crossed its a pleasant surprise.

Dave, I wouldnt like the maggots either! I think it will be probably too hot for fishing tomorrow.

Its very hot today and quite humid. You can tell rain is on its way in next couple of days.
    Worked yesterday and again on Friday, so no shop shifts this week.

Tara’s tummy isnt growing but she is still ‘saggy!’
    She is much more settled with us, but still reactive on the lead when she sees others. Only been with us 3 weeks today though. Wanted to start training today but its too hot to get her playing games etc, maybe later.

Going to see if I can sit in the sun for a bit with my magazine, along with some pottering about.

Fasting today. Had 92 cals so far. Quorn peppered steaks and salad for tea so nice and low. Gives me an allowance for something this afternoon, mind you Im just thirsty rather than hungry.

Enjoy the sunshine everyone x

Kay x

Afternoon All..
    Everything went fine and all eaten…I do get up tight I think I just want it right..we don’t do much entertaining…our friends usually stay a couple of hours if we meet in the pub they stayed nearly 5 hours, so I was pleased with that…Charlie was a good boy too…

Just sat not doing much may start a book..walking tonight about 8 pm…so very hot..

Kay..
    I can’t believe it’s three weeks you have had Tara it has passed quickly..It’s good she’s settling in now and you can start some training when the weathers cooler…. Well done on the fasting…I seem to be thirsty a lot today…

We will be fasting Thursday…

Jean x

Evening everyone how’s your day been with this heat we’re having. Just sitting in the garden as it’s cooler than indoors enjoying a nice chilled glass of pinot grigo. Had a good time visiting daughter and son in law not forgetting Poppy who was pleased to see us.
    Jean glad the visit with your friends went off alright and Charlie was a good boy.
    Hedgehogs hope mum’s coping alright with the heat my mum used to struggle with it.
    Dave enjoy fishing tomorrow if you go.
    Have a good evening everyone else and stay safe.
    Nana x

Evening!
    Jean- glad that you had a good time with you visitors! And that Charlie was good! Lots of food to eat though, with the hamper too?
    Endellion- hope your shopping trip & picnic went well, our Boots is only small so that’s why the one way system didn’t really work!
    Nana- lovely to sit out with wine to cool off, good that you’ve had a nice day…Mum’s fine with the heat, she loves sitting in the sun!
    Kay- that’s good that Tara’s tummy isn’t getting any bigger, fingers crossed for a phantom pregnancy. Pleased she’s settling in too…keep strong on your FD!
    Dave- will you go fishing if it’s that hot tomorrow?
    Minols- how’s the poor old dog?
    Busy day- holidays places are all paid for, arranged a walk with the dog sitter at the weekend. Harvested first lot of potatoes, got quite a few. Saw Mum, her internet keeps playing up, managed to get back on so we did her next shop, & sat out for a bit. Lots of cooking done getting hot & bothered in the kitchen! Took Xena out later although still a bit too hot realky, & just finished our asda order for tomorrow. Bloomin youngest son has taken my bike & gone out- his car is in the garage, went out at 7pm & still not home, no lights on it, just like when he was younger, always late home 😬😬

Good morning everyone.Up early for fishing,made my flask next put suncream on then ready to go. Going to be hot so will try and get some shade.

Morning All…
    A late post early walking popped back home dropped Charlie and went back to the shops..long queues at Tesco I only wanted a few things and Super savers …taken me ages…

We are fasting today…..having a lazy day hopefully..tiny bit of washing and I may reproof my two walking coats as a good drying day…a book read!!

Nana..
    Good you got to sit in the garden yesterday…I was hoping to today but I think I am too late too sunny now..lost the shade…

Hedgehog..
    No food from the hamper eaten..we may go to the beach tomorrow for a picnic depends how busy and heat!!..we will take some hamper food….
    Pleased you have all the holidays sorted and getting the sitter sorted too…very welcome breaks this year..
    James Martin did a good tarte tartin recipe on his programme used shop puff pastry maybe worth a look, I was tempted to try but haven’t as yet…calories!
    Tinker riding bikes with no lights I used to ground mine for two weeks…it took them a hour to walk to school!!…my daughter now understands when she’s driving her car and can’t see them…

Dave..
    Enjoy your fishing day…hope they are biting….

Jean x

Hi ALl

Another scorcher up here – no good really for me! but I do like being out in the shade. The old boy is recovering very well – considering what he put us through! He’s back to his old self pretty much. Which means his back iend still looks like it’s being controlled by a dog in another field that really doesn’t get how a remote control works…but at least has figured out the power button now! And he’s eating and taking an interst, and back to howling with excitement when I cook, or when it’s time to go out.

Jean – your afternoon sounds lovely! So glad it went so well for you.

Endellion – used to do waitressign functions on a similar basis ‘in my youth’…got some interesting work!

Thought I was a bit ahead having the video ready to upload…myb just remembered that actually doesn’t mean I’m prepared for live church on zoom yet…must do that, and write a funeral, and prepare for our first area meeting tonight…oh well, I guess I shouldn’t have thought I could relax!

Mx

PS the boy finally won an award at the BB parents; night lsast night! Great night on ZOom…but absolutely chuffed that his efforts this year have paid off. He’s such a rapscallion wee urchin that he drifts through everything…then gets upset at the end of the year when no awards come his way! Last year’s talking to about hearing what it took other boys doing to get awards, and then starting to think likewise has seen quite a change in him this year…still essentially a scraggly, gangling string of nonsense…but he’s really tried to step up to the plate and lead his wee bunch of boys this year.

Minols..
    Well done on the boys award, it boosts their confidence, good you got on zoom and it went well…

So pleased the old boy is doing well wriggling through his day and getting excited about food, he must be feeling better..

Just getting things together for a beach picnic tomorrow ( a bit hard when fasting), we are going early so not too hot or it may be a blowing a gale and cold on the east coast 😂 Then it will be eaten in the car….
    Just doing something before Steves treatment and isolation for both of us starts on Monday…

Jean x

Oh I am getting hungry now…it’s a bit to go yet….

Afternoon everyone!

Jean – hope you had a wonderful time with your friends! Sounds like you did with them staying so long.

Kay – glad to hear Tara is setting in alright so far. It’s very humid over here too, which I struggle with. Dry heat I can do!

HH – how exciting to have your holidays sorted! You must be looking forward to it! How long do you have to wait?

Dave – hope you enjoy fishing today. Slap on plenty of sunscreen!

Minols – great to hear your dog is doing better! Slow and steady, it’s still all in the right direction. And congratulations to your boy for his award, that’s amazing.

Felt a teensy bit hungover today after lots of lovely drinks in the park yesterday. Had such an amazing time catching up and chatting about everything for hours and hours. It’s good for the soul, for sure! And I picked up a lovely new watch (I lost my last one months ago when I was in Argentina) from TK Maxx. I’ve missed TK Maxx for those bargains! Today aside from a workout at midday I’ve not done a great deal aside from read and relax, but I’ve enjoyed myself. Getting hungry now and after my FD dinner…

x

The fish were biting and fortunately the insects weren’t.Heidi will be 14 in six days. Will buy her a chicken for her birthday. I use ultrasun for the sun, it’s the best I have ever used, the England cricketers use it so it must be good. Jean I wouldn’t go to the beach if it’s anything like down south, the beach was absolutely packed out, not even 2 inch distancing never mind 2 metres apart, much safer in a supermarket.

Evening everyone, what another hot day it’s been at least it made my FD easier as I wasn’t hungry and have had lots of water to drink. Would love a glass of chilled pinot grigo though but will resist.
    Minols well done to the boy and glad your dog is keeping okay.
    Jean hope you’re able to find a spot that’s not too crowded for your picnic.
    Hedgehogs hope son wasn’t to late home.
    Dave a good day fishing for you.
    Have a good evening everyone and stay safe.
    Nana x

Evening!
    Jean- well done fasting & getting ready for a picnic, hope the weather is good & not too crowded…
    Minols- glad that your dog’s back to his usual self! And great that your son’s won an award! BB & clubs like that are so good for them…hope you got everything done, sounded like alot to do 😱
    Dave- thought it would’ve been too hot for the fish, glad you had a good day!
    Endellion- ooh a hangover! Sounds like you had had a good day! & lovely to have a lazy day today too…
    Nana- well done with your FD, & resisting the wine!
    Another busy day, they seem to be flying by right now! A good walk with Xena early, then spoilt my boys with a cooked breakfast, & did haircuts for all 3- maybe the last, hopefully they’ll go back to the professionals again! Did sit outside for half an hour before we had our asda order (all good this time!) Made a tarte tatin- my recipe is great for the pastry, but the apples don’t caramelise properly, so tried a new one. Thought it was going to be a disaster as I’m not good with caramel, but turned out ecxellent- not that I’ve tried it! Walked Xena after dinner, packed lunches done for tomorrow & I’ve finally sat down. Abit weary! Hopefully less to do tomorrow!

Very humid, not going to get much sleep again although I was up at 5-30am😵😫😱.So should be tired.Might even go before Denise 😱😱. Heidi’s got a cold towel on her back, one of my fishing towels soaked in cold water.

Morning all

Having a low day today before a takeaway and movie tonight. But I will have a little breakfast…we have some lovely strawberries so I’ll have those with skyr.

Got lots done at the last gasp yesterday so should be able to lift my head and look a bit at what’s coming down the track.

Hope everyone’s week finishes well.

Mx

Morning all!
    Well done, Minols! Glad you got everything done!
    Dave- hope you slept better!
    Jean- hope that you have a good day out today…
    I’m fasting today 😬😬

Morning everyone!

Dave – good to hear you were safe in the sun and had a successful day fishing! It was a very sticky night… I bought a cheap Argos fan during the heatwave last summer and it’s been a lifesaver. On the really hot nights I then branch out to a wet sheet on me as well. Extreme but works!

Nana – well done for staying strong… I had a minuscule glass of rose on my FD yesterday, couldn’t resist in the sun!

HH – ooh congrats on the tarte tatin! Let us know how it tastes! Hopefully you can have more of a restful day today and a good fast.

I’m feeling surprisingly strong and powerful today – I really sprang through the workout this morning and it was a tough one too. Perhaps it’s because I’ve overeaten a little this week, so I’ve plenty of energy in store. I’m thinking of some online shopping today, the ab workout at midday and some writing. I hope everyone has a lovely day!
    x

HH I was in bed before 11-30 and just about before Denise.Took a while to get to sleep but managed to get some sleep. Heidi was panting half the night, much be horrible with all that fur.Going to see Denise’s mum soon, will take Heidi out first.

Finally dropped 0.2kg after a 3 week plateau, which has been so soul destroying; since I felt I had been honest. I can’t do the 5:2 in the way described, because if I just eat “normally” on 5 days of the week I won’t lose a gram. So, with very few exceptions my NFD’s are all CD’s and still I can plateau or even (apparently) GAIN (which is SO depressing). I concluded some time ago that, for me, OMAD has to be my norm. Anyway, enough moaning. At least I was finally able to register a loss on my tracker and followed that with a great power yoga flow that made me feel strong. It’s technically a NFD for me today, but will be a OMAD as I’m planning a lovely fillet steak dinner with my son who is shielding and won’t be able to join the rest of the family as we get together tomorrow (at my daughter’s). He will be at home alone and I feel for him as he struggles with his mental health also (as a result of serious illness). Park that! It’s a lovely day again, so let’s enjoy because the rain is on it’s way!

Hi all!
    Best Intentions- nice to have you here, well done on the loss, sounds like it’s hard work for you too! I’m currently doing alternate days liquid fasts & barely losing 1lb a week, watcking what I eat more nonFDs. I’ve done OMAD too for a while- I have to keep mixing things up to get anywhere!
    Dave- hope that MIL is okay & you have a good day!
    Jean- enjoy the picnic…
    Endellion- have a good day, enjoy the shopping online! Great you feel very energetic!
    Don’t think my scales are working properly, they’re being quite erratic, unless it’s the heat making me a bit bloaty!! Bad neck ache today, so taking it easy- shorter walk than normal as it was thundering, & done a bit of ironing. Dropped some pud off to mum- never a short visit, always some problem to help with, she’s having trouble with her mobile now 😬😬

Afternoon All…
    We have had a lovely day, sunny, warm and pleasant, a good picnic…I have done two half hour walks along the beach plus Charlies morning walk…
    It was a good slope down, I took the car down to pick Steve up it was a bit much even for me…
    I think only about 200 people on the beach, the tide went out leaving it very empty…a good choice..nothing there, a car park, loo and a cafe..that’s it..
    Home shattered now…

Weighed in the same this morning, same as Wednesday…so all happy…
    A busy weekend seeing daughter tomorrow before our isolation again and a steak meal on Sunday our anniversary of our first lunch together 25 years ago..then I really must get my head to fasting and even NFS seriously again !

Endellion..
    Hope you are feeling better as the days come along…..lovely to catch up with friends…the weather makes you drink more..it does me 😂..have a good writing day and doing your workouts..

Dave..
    Getting an old girl now 14 she deserves her treat…you caught a lot of fish…Enjoy your visit with MIL hopes she’s ok in this weather…

Best Intentions..
    Keep strong and keep going a loss shown so that’s good…these last three months have been hard for all of us..it can only get better…

Nana..
    I really enjoyed the rose wine…something I never drink..there’s another bottle in the fridge unopened..

Hedgehog..
    Your tarte tatin looked wonderful…you bake more than me..and resist more too 😂..hope your neck soon feels better, gadget problems for Mum again, she keeps you on your toes..Getting ready for your holiday too…

Jean x

Evening!
    Jean- glad you’ve had a lovely day, you deserve it, & not alot of fun for the next couple of weeks 😞
    Quite hungry, FD gone okay. Wanted a lay down for a bit to get rid of my headache, only neighbours having a party & music blaring out 😬. No social distancing going on…& they had a bbq which smelt too good on a FD 😂

Not looking forward to my weigh in.Definatly gained weight 😫.Too much comfort eating.Its our Sapphire wedding anniversary in a month, I doubt we will be able too go out and celebrate it😷.So I don’t know what we will do

Evening everyone, had a nice visit with our friends again this evening. Been feeling a bit down today as it’s the 4th anniversary of my mum passing away. Scales showed me being the same as last week so no loss bit I’m happy with that.
    Jean glad you had a nice time at the beach.
    Have a good evening everyone and stay safe.
    Nana x

Morning all!
    Nana- hugs to you for yesterday 😞. Nice you could see friends though.
    Dave- oh dear, so hard to watch what you eat when you can’t go out & keep busy. Hope the scales aren’t too unkind!
    Jean- have a good visit with your daughter, keep safe…
    Endellion- hope you got your writing done, & the workout. Hope to have time for one today!
    Minols- how’s hubby cooking working out? & is your son ‘off school’ now?
    Walked Xena, raining now so I timed it right! Hope it’s dry later, meeting the dog sitter for a walk. Might do some housework now it’s cooled!
    Another measly pound off, was hoping to lose another 2lbs before our holiday, but only got a week 😖

Sorry haven’t been posting. Have been following and keeping up to date though. Firstly Nana hope you feel a bit better today. Dave, shame about your Saphire anniversary, I am sure you will celebrate it somehow. And HH, hope headache is gone. I hate noisy neighbours, we are very lucky. Jean, glad you enjoyed the beach. Very dull here today.

Best Intention, hello! Nice to have you. Introduction – Mel, 63, married to Paul, poodle Jodie. Lost two stone last year but really struggling to keep it off and lose final five pounds. As of today, 11lb from target.

Endellion, feeling strong and powerful. Good for you girl, about the opposite of how I feel. Keep it up, proud of you.

Lastly Minols. Love the chat about your boy. Also have been following about your old doggy. Glad he is on the mend.

Right, two weeks before holiday, feel like s**t. Eating and drinking too much. No control. Depressed, don’t know what is wrong with me. Detox time, sort my head out. Post here. Lots of walking.

Love to all, will post again later, you will get sick of me 😂😂

Morning everyone,

Welcome Good Intentions…we all need to adapt 5:2 individually based on our lifestyle, eating preferences etc, so stick with it.

Jean, Im glad your lunch went off. I know how you feel with that kind of thing. I worry unecessarily, wanting things to go ‘just right’ which is silly as I end up stressing over it and not relaxing until its underway and ok!! Mind you that said we never have visitors so not a worry anymore!
    Your beach trip looked fabulous, a lovely thing to have done to set you up for a bit of enforced lockdown.

Minols, how fabulous for the boy to have done so well. Hopefully that will boost his confidence and things will continue to improve going forward. Things sound hectic for you, but only as per usual, so Im sure you will be fine. Glad doggie is back to his level of normal. He does ‘spring’ back quite quickly after an episode which is in his favour.

Dave, in spite of the heat, it sounds like a productive fishing trip. Fingers crossed the bowling green reopens. I would have thought it was one of the easier sports to reopen, but I guess its down to individual associations.
    How was your mother-in-law? Ok I hope. Sleeping should have been better last night, it was here.

HH, well done on the pound, its all in the right direction. Hope your headache has gone from yesterday. I think today will need to be dodging the rain for dog walks. Do you want to get anything in partiular sorted before your holiday?
    How was the tarte tartin?

Endellion, well done on the workout already. Hope you get your writing and abs workout down too.

Nana, virtual hugs,for yesterday. Nice that you had your friends meet up earlier in the day. Well done for maintaining.

Mel, I hear you!! We both restart ok then loose our way 🙈
    Come on lets make this last week of June postive and successful! x

I didnt weigh myself this morning as Ive already had a coffee. Feeling a bit bloated as well as fat! 😀
    Today is not a fast day, we are going to have a tapas type dinner, depending on what we have in the freezer and will share a bottle of red, but will try and be mindful.
    I need to remind myself of this way of life being about fasting as well as eating low on 2 days a week or whatever. So today I am going to give my body a rest and not eat until late afternoon.
    I have a bit of tidying up to do, dog walking and some training, and some research into which plants I want for my wall planter that Neil has made me. I am thinking mixture of trailing and upright but lots of fragrance…
    Oh and I need to feed my tomato plants!

Have a good day all and catch you later x

Kay I left you out of my post! 😔

Yes we can do this. I know we always say it but we can!! You are doing fine. I remember you did an 800, followed by a low day then another 800 only a week or so ago. I am going to cut right back (not saying out, maybe a bit much) on the wine before we go away. As many fast days or low days as possible. I know I will feel so much better if I do this.

Afternoon!
    Mel- so sorry that you’ve been feeling rough, tough times, you & Paul must be missing friends. You’re strong, you can get back on board!
    Kay- how wonderful it is to read you talking about dog walks & training! So pleased you have Tara! 💝 Hope you can get her mixing with other dogs…And hope your low day/ IF goes well!
    Hope everyone else is doing okay…
    Have a weird burning rash today, the sides of my face, took piriton which helped, starting to wear off now 😞 Have finally finished my ironing pile- only done essential bits all week as it’s been too hot. Done a workout & some housework, time for a sit down. Trying to keep cals even lower today…

Just took Heidi out, much fresher outside but still very warm indoors. Heidi must be hungry, had two lots of food already. Going to Sainsbury’s again today, Denise’s bottle of Pymms, we paid twice for it, so will go to customer service.Also got to pick up a webcam from Argos for my son. It’s inside Sainsbury’s.

Afternoon All…
    Sorry for a late blog….we have had a lovely visit to daughter and SIL, a lovely lunch and a good natter, we did sit in her kitchen as it was raining, it’s biggish so distancing sort of….SIL on form as his holiday is on for the end of July and he wasn’t too bad with Charlie…

Nana..
    Sorry on your Mum, it brings memories back, it’s strange some years seem worse than others, it never goes away…

Hedgehog..
    I thought you were going next week on holiday..another week to wait…hope the weathers dry for your dog walk with the sitter….Hoping your headache is feeling better..and rash…time to have a relax..

Charlie settles for a while then still gets upset at peoples houses, Steve stepped outside when we were leaving and he absolutely panicked he thought we were leaving him…he must have been left so many times before he came to us..messed about for 18 months being dumped about we think…not purposely just through illness….sad really, he’s very sensitive…

Dave..
    Shame on your anniversary let’s hope you can think of something special to do…Cook a nice meal with candles….which we will be doing tomorrow 25 years since our first lunch together…

Mel…
    Let’s get you feeling positive before the start of your holiday….two stone off last year feel good about that, a few pounds up…we know it goes up and down….we all do….I wish we could go on holiday, I am waiting to hear the news as you all go away ….then it might our time…..you will have a great time 😀..chin up and feel strong,…

Kay..
    I think we are all loosing it a bit over this bloody virus….hoping we can set our mind and get back on track again now normal times are looming…I know I am struggling…
    Have a good walk and you can get some training done..I like the idea of plants with fragrance, lovely on a barmy evening….

Endellion..
    Are you relaxing today or getting yourself ready for your holiday..It won’t be long…my daughter is off to buy holiday bits today you go away before her…

Lazy day now for me…seaside knocks it out of you 😂😂😂😂

Jean x

Feeling emotional – Jean you are always so kind and helpful. I will be strong, I know I haven’t put much on but everything feels a bit out of proportion at the moment. I know I am drinking too much. The scenes at the beaches, all the violence and the rubbish left around I just despair. Oh well, onwards and upwards. Your holiday time will come, I know it will. And poor Charlie, just panicking that you would leave him.
    HH weird about your rash, have you had it before?
    How is it going Kay? I have just had tea and some king prawns. Was going to have them tomorrow but realised the date was yesterday! I only bought them this morning, should take them back but couldn’t be bothered. Feel ok so far too!

Jean- thinking of you, must be hard when everyone else is creeping (or leaping, stupid people on the tv!) out of lockdown, & you’re having to be shut away…what are you planning for your anniversary meal? Glad daughter’s lunch went well, nice that they were happy to have Charlie inside, poor baby though getting stressed 😞
    Mel- I’m sure we’ve all regained weight- I know I have! Keep strong, sounds like you’ve done well today!
    Dave- hope you got your refund & son’s webcam, & tidied up enough, was Denise pleased? When’s your anniversary?
    Nana- hope you’ve had a good day?
    Kay- hope you kept strong & enjoy the tapas!
    Endellion- were you working again this weekend?
    Minols- hope the service tomorrow all goes to plan!
    Feel like it’s been a good day- a nice balance of exercise, getting jobs done but a bit of relaxing too! & very controlled food wise too! The walk with Cass went well- Xena was pleased to see her & the dogs, got in Cass’ van when we got back 😂 A bit worried though as because of Covid you can’t bring any our your dog’s bedding, Xena’s so funny about hers & a couple of soft toys, although maybe it’ll do her good!
    Have a good evening everyone!

Evening everyone, feeling a bit brighter today thank you all for your kind words.
    Not been a very nice day here weather wise raining on and off.
    Jean glad visit went well.
    Hedgehogs strange about the rash and headache. Glad visit with the dog walker went well.
    Mel I’ve stopped watching the news lately as it was getting me down.
    Enjoy the rest of your evening everyone and stay safe.
    Nana x

Morning All…
    A breezy day a bit sunny….

Nothing much planned today unless I change my mind ..a bit of ironing …walking shortly meeting up with Oreo then it will be three weeks before I am at the park in the mornings again..Steve will have the car unless we can juggle it and go later….

Mel..
    I am drinking more too…I am having today then I must really get back on board tomorrow…the rubbish gets to me too …the rubbish left in the park over the weekend is appalling, I look forward to the bad weather and it keeps lovely…
    We can do this…maybe have your holiday and come back refreshed with a line drawn…things must improve soon…

Hedgehog…
    We will have the ribeye steak, mushroom and peppercorn sauce tonight with salad and wedges, wine too….I have not thought of pudding too full I think..

It’s a shame Xena can’t take toys and blankets hope she will be ok…I know in the caravan we took a few toys, he cried for the toys left behind, so the toy box used to come but never really played with them all, it’s if he counted them…She sounds settled with Cass she will be fine…

How’s your headache and rash??

Nana..
    Glad you are feeling better…we are not watching the news too, so depressing at times, rioting and full beaches..put my head in the sand and have a wine 😂

Minols..
    Hope your service is on track….

Thinking of everyone else …..Have a good Sunday….

Jean x

Morning everyone, happy to say I feel a bit better today. So much so I am having another fast day. Paul nearly fainted from the shock of my announcement! Just over 600 cals yesterday. It’s just that blip at wine time when I feel irritable. As soon as I am eating dinner it goes so I must just ignore it. Shows how a habit can get ingrained.

Walked Jodie this morning and picked up the leftovers from an entire McDonalds takeaway, put in bin. Not difficult. Hope you enjoyed your walk with Oreo Jean. Charlie will miss him! Enjoy your meal tonight. I won’t fast tomorrow- don’t want to push my luck!

Hope everyone else is well. Anybody fasting?

Mel..
    Very impressed with another fast day…go girl go….😀…I shall fast tomorrow….

Jean x

Afternoon!
    Mel- well done, doing B2B! Good you’ve got your motivation back! Hope today’s gone okay…we’ve noticed alot more rubbish around too 😬
    Jean- enjoy your last day of freedom & your nice meal!
    Hope everyone else is okay…
    Fasting okay, quite hungry but will be okay. Had a long walk, had Church online, & seen mum this afternoon for a game- she thought we were away! Could’ve had a week off!
    Have a good evening everyone!

Roast beef tonight 😋,got soaked for the second time today with Heidi. But she loves being rubbed down with a towel.Still deliberating about a phone.Lots of rain forecast for next week 😫.May go fishing on Thursday.

Evening …..
    A lovely meal but not over the top..no pudding but wine…25 years of our first meeting…lots of happy years, he is so good to me..I hope I am to him too…😀
    Already for tomorrow ..nearly finished treatment ….

Hedgehog..
    Strange we had the same my sister hasn’t rung because she thought we were away in the caravan??..if we were we still have our phone??…I find it odd..
    Hope you had a nice afternoon with mum…then next week getting ready for the boys before you go away …😀

Dave..
    Enjoy your beef dinner….we have had gales it has been really bad…warm and cold strange…

Jean x

Evening everyone, have just had a roast beef dinner followed by homemade cherry pie and custard plus a glass of wine. Definitely need a FD tomorrow.
    Jean glad your meal was nice and hope all goes well tomorrow remember going with the husband for 7 weeks of radiotherapy Mon to Fri and thinking it’s going to be a long time but it passed by fairly quickly.
    Enjoy the rest of the evening everyone and stay safe.
    Nana x

Nana..
    It’s for three weeks at the hospital but it continues in the body for another three weeks, so at least 6 weeks altogether ..I think it will be rough for him……By the 1st September we should be clear….

Your meal sounds good too…a bit of chocolate later for us then back to one day off a week only!

Have a lovely evening..

X

Lots of lovely meals for you all! Sparkly for me- sparkly mineral water, with a dash of diet cherry fizz! Living the high life 😂
    Jean- didn’t realise that you & Steve had been together so long 💝. Don’t be too hard on yourself foodwise, it’ll be tiring, looking after Steve if he doesn’t feel good!
    Nana- haven’t had cherry pie for years! Yum…
    Dave- will you still go fishing if it rains? Shame you got wet- I did too, while I was out watering the garden, we had a shower 😂😂
    Poor Homestart family have had to have their cat put to sleep, he was 13 😢. Baby at least is okay…
    Poor hubby back on antibiotics as he has sinusitis again. Hungry, looking forward to breakfast tomorrow!

Morning all!
    Jean- hope that you find somewhere to walk Charlie if Steve’s going to drive himself? Good luck fasting…
    Mel- hope your FD went okay yesterday, & enjoy a well deserved nonFD today!
    Not joining the mass Monday fast, nonFD as well for me…

You’re up early HH or is that the norm for you? Mind you if I take Jodie out I am normally off by now. Paul taking her so I am in my dressing gown writing this. A good two fast days, both around 600 cals although I was planning 800. Think my weight two days ago was a blip as I am down 3 1/2 pounds! Mind you I am so empty. Will weigh tomorrow after a non fast day which I think will show a more true weight. Walked over 24,000 steps yesterday too. Enjoy your non fast day too.

Morning everyone else! What are you up to Jean while Steve is at the hospital?

Morning All..
    Steve on his way back from hospital soon…

It was a Wet Wet Wet walk..was it a song or group 😂…no idea!…followed the river and went further just over a hour….the cows wasn’t about just on the other side…

Hedgehog..
    25 years ago was our first lunch together, Lived together 18 years, married 16.5 years….passed so quickly.
    Poor HS family they will be all upset, is the little one still in hospital?…hoping K soon feels better…

Mel..
    Nice you can share Jodie walking…I find it hard to let go and share, now I do it all the time, Charlie is definitely my dog 😂….
    Well done on 3.5 lbs off that’s great…Over 24,000 Steps a busy girl too 😀👏👏👏👏

Kay..
    Hope you can sort some work out today and stay,..

Are a few of us fasting today??

Jean x

HI all

OH on board with a strict couple of weeks before our holiday…he’s going to do lvoely protein omelettes for brunch for us both every day, so just had that and feeling lovely and cheesey! The ide is that we eat twice a day this week, so no nibbling or anything cos I’m supposed to be satisfied until he cooks this evenign!

We[‘re cautiously optimistic that we’ll be heading over on the ferry to the Netherlands as planned…assuming all goes well with the virus, the dog…etc! Of course, all the same distancing rules will aplly, and I’ll be taking quite a few supplies with us so we’re not having to shop lots…but it’s nice to have some hope!

Which means I need to get my act together to be fit enough to not be siting on my bum all day…cos our holidays don’t generally allow for lots of sitting around – the boy won’t let us! So lots to get ready / check out as it’s been a while since we went overseas…in fact, the Netherlands may have been it a few years ago? And of course, I have to leave this place tidy, and I have to have a plan in place for work when I come back…Ooh I sense the need for lots of lists!

Rigth…time to get my head back into the game.
    Mx

Viewing 50 posts - 28,251 through 28,300 (of 35,392 total)

You must be logged in to reply.