Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,828 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  hemmy 11 hours, 9 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 27,701 through 27,750 (of 35,313 total)

• Morning everyone
    I think I have finally sorted the TV out for voice commands, but some of the lights are playing up now according to Denise🤯. Living room light works fine but she asked for the bedroom light to turn on and the stairs came on instead ☹️.So will have to try and sort all this out now. I had 2000 calories yesterday so will stay lower today, only had one cuppa so far today.

HI All

I’m with the cold brigade on FDs. Managed mine yesterday alright…good job as I couldn’t have done it today…boy being too frustrating and annoying! (I know you all think he’s as good as gold!!!)

In fact, the cold is the hardest part of working from home. My end of the study is in the dark cold depths, and it would seem that our double glazing / insulation is so efficeint that no warmth from ouside can make it in…and of course with the OH workign from home I can’t sneak the heating on! Fine for him…he’s by the patio doors in the sunshine in the afternoon…grrr!

So I’ve been sitting here with a lap quilt over me knees and a shawl over my shoulders typing away like some strange hybrid of the olden days and modern days…oh for a roaring fire I can burn my lap top on!

Right…going to suggest a family walk tio the post office to send my sister her birthday present.

Mx

Oh dear, Dave- definitely a hassle that would drive me mad, rather you than me!! Not getting fed up with calorie counting yet?
    Jean- hope you’re done & home now, very hard for you & Steve as you’re used to going out alot. The greens look good!
    Endellion- you’re so busy, keeping fit, cooking, working, writing (what articles are you doing btw?) & a sign language course! Good you’re filling your time!
    Hope everyone else is okay?
    Kept busy too- had a 2hr walk with Xena, kept her on a lead in the woods, cooked breakfast for the boys & have then had a couple of hours in the garden, potting on some seedlings, & have sowed more lettuce in pots & 3 pots of carrots. Just had a little lunch, should be an 800 day.

HH lights all sorted😄. Calorie counting still going strong. Will continue for the rest of the month.Minols can’t you work outside if it’s warmer, we have the technology 👽.Just took Heidi out and she met lots of dogs.I think it’s why we have to turn left when I leave the house,she knows she will meet dogs if we go that way.

Dave, glad you managed to sort out the lights, that all sounded complicated!
    Its nice that Heidi gets to see her friends.

HH, busy bee again! I tried some more beef tomato seeds yesterday and some rocket and leaves. I have loads of cherry and plum tomato plants – I may end up giving a lot away! But I cant get the beef tomato seeds to take and stay alive!

Jean, hope you are back home now and all sorted.

Endellion, you are certainly filling your time in well! I have the odd day like that then lots of days totally the opposite!

Minols, there is nothing worse than trying to work when your hands are cold! I dont envy you that.

The page has turned, so hope everyone else ok.

Im fasting today and it will be a 500 day. Nothing eaten at all yet and Im off to help out in the shop this afternoon so that will keep me away from temptation. Just hope its not too quiet as I will get bored. It has started to go quieter again.

It appears Im back to work next week. Bovis are reopening but with distancing guidelines etc, so I’ll see what that entails. It will be good to be busy again, and it may help with my weight too!

I was up again at the end of April, so need to reign things in properly before I undo all the good work done in January and February!

No news on the dog adoption, he is quite hard to pin down and get answers from!

Right time for a coffee and get ready to walk across the road to ‘work!’

Kay x

Afternoon All…
    A lovely day now…a park walk with Steve his nurse said she thought it no problem as long as we keep away from people…you have to think of your being but not to over do it…..back there Thursday if we don’t hear from them about his blood….

A lovely quiche tonight I really do enjoy them, with salad…unfortunately the 10 raspberry jam tarts I made have now gone 😱..

Jigsaw looking good had a good go at it today..quite a bit wrong…you can have 6 pieces all the same colour, going in the same hole, fitting, but all looking a bit different..it’s a very hard jigsaw when you haven’t done them in ages…still a bit to go…

DF..
    Glad you are feeling better and it’s a 24 hour thing…

Endellion..
    Learning sign language is a good thing to do…you are so busy…..
    We are taking a few days at a time to get through Steves treatment, it’s the only way I can cope..he is supposed to have a good outcome but a CT scan in the next couple of weeks will be a worrying time…to see if the cancer has reduced in size…we are ok..

Dave..
    Glad all the lights sorted…I think you would drive me crazy with all your gadgets…..

Minols..
    You sound in a very chilly corner of your house doing your work…we have the CH on Steve unusually, is feeling the cold..it’s blasting away a bit warm for me.

Hedgehog..
    I have had my salad and forgot to snip my greens 😬…all very quick at the hospital this morning, I sat with Charlie in the car.
    2 hours is a good walk, has the muzzle arrived yet……she won’t like it 😥

Kay..
    Hope it was a busy day in the shop…you have lots of tomato plants to look after…I am pleased with my greens only growing small amounts…

Jean x

Jean all the tarts gone 😲😲😲.Glad I am not counting the calories there. I do drive Denise mad but she is happy to use them, much easier to say turn of the light than getting out of bed to do it. And I hear her asking Alexa if she gets stuck on her crosswords.Heidi met lots of dogs today so one happy dog.1400 calories today, can add another 100 for cups of tea so a good day.

Evening everyone, a bit of excitement for us today we went out in our car to the next village to collect the husbands repeat prescription and I was able to go to the greengrocers and get some salad stuff and fresh fruit. First time that we’d been out of the village and used the car since 27th March.
    Jean quiche and jam tarts looked lovely. Glad Steve’s hospital appointment went well.
    Hope everyone else is doing alright.
    Keep safe.
    Nana x

Morning all

Glad yesterday went alright for Steve, Jean.Is it another treatment starting tomorrow? Sorry, losing track of days / weeks.

Now in the throes of requests for what the boy wants for his birthday next week from relatives…essentially, he doesn’t really want much – and the few things he does, we’ve already sorted cos you have to order ahead…so now they’re all offering to pay for things – which is nice…but I have to keep track of! Over the years, we’ve often leaned towards giving him an experience ourselves, because he doesn’t want anything else…not really an option this year – poor kid! But he’s more excited than ever this year, which is strange…has a piece of paper in the middle of the bedroom floor so he can mark off the days as soon as he gets out of bed int he mornign!

Anyway, fd for me again today…right up until sausages, bacon and beans cooked otuside tonight cos we’re determined to make the most of this last lovely spell. The tent is still up, so we may camp out the rest of the week, although I have a ‘meeting’ this evening, and the boy has zoom BB, so maybe not tonight.

Kay – glad to hear you’re going back to work…and that they’ve been thinking about how to make it as safe as possible. Anyone else find themselves watching the news and swithering from wanting everythiing to start up again, to wanting everything to only start if we can stay far enough away to protect each other…and doing so from one news item to the next and back again?!

Working hard on maintaining a calm centre in the middle of a maelstrom sometimes!

Mx

Morning all!
    Minols- posts crossed yesterday, hope you’re warmer today, doesn’t sound like the best deal being stuck in the cold end while OH looks at the garden! Enjoy the eating out tonight & camping if you do…lovely that son doesn’t want much, but does make it hard! I will be very wary of going out much even when lockdown’s lifted, it’s not going away…
    Nana- 😱 the excitement of a trip to the pharmacy!! How life has changed 😂 enjoy the fresh fruit & veg…
    Jean- hope Steve’s blood tests are okay for him to have his next treatment- it seems to have come round quickly, but probably not for you! Glad the quiche & jam tarts were good!
    Dave- how’s the tech going? Nice for Heidi to meet lots of dogs on her walk!
    Kay- hope the shop wasn’t too quiet, & will be good to get back to cleaning if they can do it safely…sounds like you’re plants are doing really well!
    Endellion- what have you planned today?
    My FD went well yesterday, nonFD today. Seeing mum later, had a lovely walk with Xena, playing by the lake, hopefully the muzzle should come today!

Morning everyone!

Minols – hope you warmed up in the end! It’s a similar struggle for me here. I often wear my dressing gown over the top of my clothes in the daytime to keep warm. It’s a look.
    If I’m honest I try to steer away from the news. It’s all so contradictory at the moment.
    Camping out this week sounds amazing! I think the weather is set to be beautiful so you’re right to make the most of it.

HH – I’ve had a blog for a few years about travelling! I started it because I thought from a potential employer’s perspective it would look good, being able to back up a passion with some proactiveness. But I long forgot about that, and now just love writing about where I’ve been. I have been thinking of sending off articles to some travel newsletters or publications to see what they think…
    Well done on a good FD. And let’s hope the muzzle doesn’t go down too badly. Have a lovely time with your mum.

Kay – oh, homegrown tomatoes are SO delicious! So different from the shop ones in this country.

Jean – I have to keep slightly busy with a few projects on the go or I panic! Haha. Sign language is going well – did an online assessment yesterday and got full marks, woohoo!
    Tough time for you, keep staying strong.

Nana – it’s one of the few positives about this experience. We’re appreciating the little things lot more!

FD for me today. Had a lovely morning! Normally I feel bound to jump out of bed for breakfast but it was nice in a way to not have that on my mind, and just enjoy nestling under the covers. I feel incredibly peaceful and rested.

I think today I’ll start my diary. Just keeping track, honestly, of what I eat on my NFDs, without counting calories. The idea is to stop mindlessly snacking (it’s not a massive problem, but I think useful to deal with anyway). And also keep tabs on how I’m how I’m feeling, and see how that impacts my food habits. I’ve been reading up on maintenance threads, and think I should start focussing on that now so I’m in good stead. I’m determined not to keep gaining and losing the same stone forever!

Hope everyone has a lovely day x

Morning All..
    Lovely day..a good walk with Steve at the park, met up with Oreo kept well away..Oreos ear seems much better now…

A good clean up moving into grass and bush cutting….Brown bin day tomorrow I never use it but try and get rid of bush…..

Dave..
    I must pull my socks up on baking…it really should be a No..

Minols..
    It’s difficult when the boy has everything, hope you can do some thinking…camping out sounds good before the weather changes…

Nana..
    It’s says it all when you get excitement to collect a prescription…we get excited to go to hospital appointments…quite sad 😂

Hedgehog..
    The lake looked lovely this morning..I wonder if she will venture for a swim…have a lovely visit with your mum…do you social distance with her?

Endellion..
    Well done on your assignment good marks 😀….I need to think what I eat, too much extra stuff!!
    Good luck with the food diary a good idea…

Jean x

Evening all – fd has gone pretty well…just need to NOT sabotage it this evening. Didn’t eat until bangers, bacon and beans off the camp stove thingy, a couple of choc thins after, and now I’ve set the boy up for BB and I’m back in my study (shawl, lap quilt!) waiting on my own ‘meeting’.

It’s actually a lovely thing. A wee bunch of women a bit younger than me – professional, mothers of young children, all trying to do and be all everyone needs them to be…and a bit shattered at the moment, so we don’t do anything stressy…we just chat, encourage each other, have a wee reflection / prayer and that’s it. Does me the world of good!

Jean – blood tests all good?

Mx

Busy day today,didnt have breakfast or dinner.Had egg bacon sausage and tomatoes for tea and 2 toast so a pretty low day. The wall socket I bought didn’t fit so I had to get another. I went to B&Q this afternoon. Had to queue outside.Got a new socket and fitted it so kitchen is back to all sockets working again.No usb on this one, that was the problem it was to big inside the box. Not weekend out the calories for today yet but can scan everything I have had. Sorted the cables out behind the telly, it’s like spaghetti junction.Its a bit better now. Hope u hace put all the plugs and HDMI’s bank in the right place or there will be problems.

Evening everyone, so excited about my outing yesterday I forgot to report a half pound loss this week slow and steady but I’ll get there. We received a definite wedding invitation for 28th August today and need to email by the end of this month our acceptance but husband is a bit uneasy about going will wait and see how things go.
    Been a lovely day here today and forecast is for the same tomorrow.
    Had a fish & chips takeaway tonight from our pub instead of Friday for a change.
    FD planned for tomorrow.
    Stay safe everyone.
    Nana x

Evening!
    Jean- will you hear tomorrow if Steve’s having his next lot of chemo, or do you just have to turn up? Hope it’s all okay…I don’t social distance with Mum- she can’t hear that well so has to be fairly near, & I help her with stuff on the computer etc, we’re not hugging though 🙁
    Nana- well done on the half a pound again, you’re doing really! hope the fish & chips are good!
    Dave- fingers crossed for your TV working!
    Minols- your meeting sounds lovely, keep warm! Well done on the FD!
    Endellion- was it a good, productive day?
    Everyone else okay?
    Played a few games with Mum, sorted out her post. Downside of this nice weather is spending quite a while watering in the evening! Xena fusses about all the time too, she wants a game, but is really weird with me at the moment; every time I play with her she goes really loopy afterwards, she did zoomies for ages round the garden & has ripped up quite a bit of grass!
    Eaten well today, ready for a FD tomorrow.

Jean – So maybe it’s a coincidence with starting the diary, but I was in the kitchen earlier and saw a new bag of granola that needed emptying out into its Tupperware. I suddenly noticed that I thought ‘I can’t do that as it’s a FD’. It’s very interesting that my brain had made the connection that I’d automatically eat some of it. I wonder if I can change that, and be around food without it falling mysteriously into my mouth…

Minols – your meeting sounds so lovely. And so well-deserved for all of you! Hope you enjoy.

Nana – excellent, well done on your loss!

HH – sounds great! Does your mum live quite close to you? Hmm, maybe Xena is sensing something is up too and it’s getting to her?

I had a great day today, mainly sorting out bits and pieces in my room. Replaced worn out batteries, tidied up my shelves, repotted my pot plants into bigger planters, and I have an ever-increasing pile of things for the charity shop, whenever that opens again. Plus did an arm workout outside… And for dinner, I made my tray soup. Creamy cauliflower and garlic with plenty of leftovers.

x

Evening All..

We have attacked the jigsaw late afternoon and it’s looking well…lots of pieces wrong all on the right track now…I got my two bushes chopped back so looking tidy, leaving enough on to grow my berries for the winter and grass cut…
    Shop order delivered but she forgot my eggs, she will pop by tomorrow I suppose and drop them off…

Early start to hospital and onto the park so a late post tomorrow…I will be fasting..

Minols..
    We haven’t heard from the bloods so all must be ok..Steve just turns up…

Your ladies meeting sounds lovely for a catch up and reassure…

Dave..
    The sockets are quite deep I forgot about that..I was in bad books as I wanted two, in the bedroom and kitchen..😬..they are very good..

Nana..
    We so fancy fish and chips ours is closed…well done on your steady loss…

Hedgehog..
    We just turn up if no phone call from the hospital….I wondered what you did with mum it’s quite a difficult situation ..I think within families it’s not too bad if you are a small family….Xenia’s got Spring in the air 😂…we have a new Dally on the block, he’s not allowed out yet just a puppy 😀 everyone will be seeing spots!!

Endellion..
    A very productive day, you are always so busy…relax!!

So to bed…..

Jean x

Just over 1100 calories today so far so the lowest day of the week. Won’t be many more more maybe another 60.Its easy to stay low when busy.

Morning all – that sounds like a lovely low day easily done, Dave! Love those days when things just keep you going.

All the best today for Steve…how long is this treatment again, Jean?

Gave my boy the ‘you make me sad when you don’t…’ talk this morning. Poor kid! An only child really gets the brunt of a mum’s disappointment so I must try and let it be a thing of the past now. As an old friend used to say – build a bridge and get over it!

I have a young friend going into hospital to have her baby induced today…nervous excitement! Well…you can imagine, I guess.

And my day needs to be spent ‘writing ahead’ – I need to send worship stuff out to folk not on-line next week – three week’s worth at a time to make the most of the postage…so I really need to think ‘forwards’.

Here’s to low nfd and easy fds!

Mx

Morning All…
    A few beautiful days for us…definitely sitting in the garden day, make the most of it…

Leaving shortly to go to hospital then I will go straight to the park….back to collect him about 1.30…

Minols..
    Hope the camping is working out…don’t be too hard on the boy he’s growing up it’s hard for him too….
    I have Steve who doesn’t listen to me until he realises I am not talking and I am having quiet time (not sulking I don’t do that but I can not talk!!)
    Lots of work to do when it’s three weeks at a time..good luck on your friends baby and she keeps safe…

Dave..
    Glad you sorted the TV out…well done on the calories…

Hope everyone else is ok…good luck on the fasters theres a few of us today …

Must go..

Jean x

Morning all!
    Jean- hope it goes okay at the hospital…keep strong fasting with your early start! Nice to have another dally about, hope three’s not a crowd! Don’t see any round here!
    Minols- good luck with all your forward planning! Your son must be finding it hard too, missing his friends, & not being able to do the usual birthday stuff. I think the homeschooling is a very difficult thing for parents to have to do too.
    Dave- well done on the low cal day & sprting out the TV! Hope another low day today!
    Endellion- good to keep busy on FDs! I’ve still not worked out managing to not keep yo-yoing with weight so good luck with that!
    Nana- are you fasting again?
    Joining Jean today in a FD, quite hungry already though! Slept til late this morning, not like me, so not been out with Xena yet, & son wants a haircut…

Good morning,bed at 2am and up before 10am, what’s the world coming to. Just told Denise to say good morning to Alexa.She said it and the living room light turned on,the television turned on,the sound bar turned on and the telly switched channel to ITV 😁.My old fitness instructor from when I did the exercises sect me a text saying to turn on the website she gave me.She is doing an online class, it’s free.She was very nervous of doing it. I was in bed so texted her back and said to let me know next week the day before and I will try and do it.

Good on your fitness instructor, Dave – brave!

The boy back to himself after a few tears, a wee chat about disappointment and a walk in the sunshine. Oh, and some protein rather than sugar helped.

He is his mother’s son!

Mx

I will have to put the link on here and we can all do it 😁😬.I was an only child, Denise says I was spoiled.Heidi is recovering from her long walk.

Jean – hope everything at the hospital goes okay today.

Dave – amazing effort on the low day yesterday, well done. What sort of fitness class does she do?

Minols – glad he’s back to himself.

HH – good luck with the FD, and the haircut! My brother made me do his other day. I think it came out okay considering I just had a razor and the kitchen scissors hahaha. I sort of half followed a tutorial off YouTube to help. Luckily (in a way) he’s not far from bald (at 27!) so it’s impossible to mess up too much.

Ugh, had one of those annoying FD sleeps… (I think this is something to do with higher adrenaline when you’re fasting – body thinks you’re starving and gives you more energy to go out hunting for food). I struggled to drop off and then woke before 6. I think I might try and switch to FDs on Monday and Thursday instead of Wednesday so my body has more time to reset itself between fasts.

Anyway, I’m down another pound this week. Hooray! Spent the morning (after a few hours spent wallowing in bed, trying to wake up) finishing Erin Brockovich, which I loved, and designed a logo for a friend’s website.

Hope everyone is well and enjoying the lovely weather!
    x

The fitness class was for people who have trouble breathing or had suffered heart attacks and a few other problems.It starts off up and down on a step,using weights only a small dumbbell then lots of stretching.Neck stretches, bending down,lunging sitting on a chair lifting legs then standing up.Starbursts or whatever they are called. We had elastic resistance bands,and a few other exercises.It lasts for 1 hour.

Afternoon!
    Jean- are you both still at the hospital, or have you dropped Steve off? Fingers crossed it’s gone okay…
    Dave- shame you couldn’t do the class, hopefully next week, & post a link! Are you keeping low cal today?
    Endie- is there no end to your talents?! Designing websites & hairdressing too! Son’s hair looked good- he’s asked me to do it every week or 2 since the start of lockdown, he’d got an appt the day it started! So am a pro now! Took the opportunity for a quick chat & reminder about speeding in his car, which didn’t go down well!
    Minols- see, doesn’t get any easier 😂 glad son is back to happy now!
    Spent hours doing the online safeguarding course for homestart that I’ve been putting off! Felt like a total waste of time, but I guess at least at the moment it’s not stopped me doing anything exciting! What annoyed me most though was as I was getting cross with the stupid quiz questions ( judging whether a hypothetical situation would be of no concern, slightly concerning or immediate reporting, contradictory answers!), that my 1st thought was that I needed chocolate! I know I’m an emotional eater, but that was instant! Had I not been a FD I’d have munched my way through the whole course!!
    Tesco delivery tonight, see what silly substitutes they send us!

Sainsbury’s tomorrow for me, will look for ingredients to make some tarts. A lovely day here although it did rain for ten minutes.

Evening All…
    What a beautiful hot day….all went well for Steve, some more antibiotics for his spotty itchy head.

Lovely egg salad on one slice of bread, oh I did enjoy it..Steve had chops, beans and jacket.

Fasting day went well and kitchen now closed….

Hedgehog..
    You seem to be doing a lot of hair cutting…you will be cheap and maybe more regular now 😂..you sometimes need a slower start…why not…I collected Steve at 1.30, we were waiting for the tablets to arrive at the ward. Hope you get the full Tesco order..😬

Dave..
    Are you starting to do the exercise in the house, you can get Denise to join you…are you buying lemon curd and the ingredients for pastry…which recipe are you going to follow?

Minols..
    Hope your son ended up having a good day…..

Endellion..
    I sometimes have those sleepless nights maybe not so many as I used too…well done on your pound off..

Keep strong fasters…

Jean x

Yes I will get the ingredients, don’t know how to do it. Will Google it and see what I need. If I get up in time I will do the exercises.Good the hospital went well.

Evening everyone, been a lovely warm day here today so made the most of it by being outside for most of the afternoon. FD gone well but have gone slightly over as we raised a glass to our late niece who we sadly lost 11yrs ago today – she was only 27 yrs old and suffered a seizure whilst having a bath and despite the paramedics getting her breathing again she went on life support but there was no sign of brain activity so after 24hrs the life support was turned off. As she was an organ donor she did help save a few lives bless her.
    Glad Steve got on okay Jean.
    Stay safe everyone.
    Nana x

Morning All…
    A lovely day again…

Scales not kind this morning 2 lbs on thrown me out of maintenance first time since August ….baking and chocolate treats of birthday didn’t help…only a couple of things left out of my birthday hamper to eat…must pull my socks up…

Park walk shortly..no Steve with me this week while on treatment …

Nana..
    It’s lovely to remember people with a glass of wine…sounds so sad at a young age, lovely she helped save some more life’s .
    Silly as it may sound I made a birthday cake for my Mum and Dad on their 100th birthdays..Mum always wanted to reach a 100 sadly not to be…we do funny things sometimes.

Dave..
    Very easy to make just follow the recipe..you want cold hands (rinse under cold water) and don’t mess with it too much as it goes into a pastry ball…roll out thinly as you can…good luck..photos please 😀

Have lovely day with all your cakes and celebrations …

Jean x

Morning everyone!

HH – oh, I’m not sure about that! I just try and give various things a go, especially now I have all this time on my side! Went back to the drawing board on the logo though as I just wasn’t convinced. Will spend the afternoon drawing it up nicely, I think.
    Think you could give my hair a go too? With extra long, distancing shears?!
    I don’t know much about homestart, can you explain a bit?

Jean – you both must be so relieved about that brilliant news!
    Re the gain this week, as they say, quickly on, quickly off…

Nana – so sorry to hear about your niece. Hope you’re all doing okay.

Woke up stupidly early again this morning, not sure why. Still, got in a workout, and made a start on some rhubarb and ginger jam. And I’m brewing some gin for this sunny weekend too! I’ve done it before and it’s very easy – just take a litre bottle of vodka (any type, ideally a nicer one if there’s any on offer), add 3 tbsp juniper berries, and the rest is up to you. Went for cardamom, peppercorns and coriander this time. Then you just leave in the dark for two days, strain all the botanicals out and it’s ready! Given how much you can pay for premium gin, it’s my favourite way to make whatever flavour I’m feeling like, and for cheap! Will be ready tomorrow evening.

Felt quite lean today so weighed after breakfast – a surprise half pound off overnight. Good motivation to keep this weekend in check.

Happy Friday x

Afternoon!
    Jean- hope Steve doesn’t feel too rotten & the antibiotics get his head sorted. Shane about the weight but you’ve done really well so far to maintain. Hope you see Natalie & Oreo on your walks, for company.
    Endellion- will give your hair cut a go!! HomeStart is a charity I volunteer for, we support parents who are struggling with their children/ situation. Unfortunately can’t visit like we usually do at the moment, just phone calls. My family have 4 children 4 & under, 3 with autism, two severe, so she has her hands full…Well done with your weight! Not a gin fan, hope it turns out good!
    Nana- sad about your neice, but good some lives have been saved through her. Good you still think of her & that she’s not forgotten…
    Dave- hope Sainsburys is okay & happy baking!
    Woke up at 4.30am, often wake early after a FD, but that was too much! 1lb off for me this week, but it’ll be back on over the weekend probably! Took Xena out & adjusted her muzzle; she was not happy & spent half the walk sliding along with her face in the grass trying to rub it off! Hopefully she’ll get used to it soon 😟
    Little victoria sponges made & yummy keto coconut cakes for me. Tea time soon!
    Enjoy the lovely sun everyone!

No baking,couldn’t get any lemon curd.I could try the local shops or Tesco I suppose.Scorching here, just back from our walk, Heidi is looking at me while I write this.I went in the kitchen before and there was a cat creeping up to Heidi’s bowl.It took one look at me and ran 😁

Nightmare,I went to Tesco and the queue was about 80.So I didn’t go in, I went to Aldi got in there quickly but they didn’t have lemon curd ☹️ so I went to Asda the queue was about 100 but waited and got some 😁😁😁.Very dangerous in Asda,too many in and a little to close for my liking, won’t go there again.I copied this from WhatsApp group saves me typing it all again 😬😱.Going to bake tomorrow, will let the butter and lard soften a bit.

Afternoon..
    We have had a lovely day, a bit up lifting. Afternoon tea outside, Churchill on the TV quite loud and our church bell ringing…all just right…

Pizza delivery tonight not quite our chippy but it will have to do….quite enjoyed it…a bottle of wine drunk er just me 😱

Endellion..
    All good with Steve but still further treatment, a CT scan in the next couple of weeks which will be scary…fingers definitely crossed on that..
    What a busy girl you are…how does vodka make gin?..interesting..well done on your weight loss..

Hedgehog..
    We saw Oreo this morning just for one round of the park, I stayed longer…they are a bit rough and his ear is still nit right but much better…Oreo is one on Tuesday Charlie has sent him a card…well done on your pound off, I must pull my socks up…your cakes sounded tasty..

Dave ….
    Asda sounded a nightmare…not good at all….daughter has just taken a big shopping list for me for tomorrow…grandson will drop them off tomorrow …hope your baking goes ok..

Have a lovely evening..

Jean x

HEllo my Name is Gregor. I am new to this Forum. I have tried intermitten fasting for so long and it helped.
    Until I discovered this. I can use intermitten fasting with a weight loss supplement and it worked wonder for me.

So I decided to share this with everybody so YOU can get your Beach Body as fast as possible.

Just click on this link
    https://mixi.mn/?a=161489&c=53&p=r

Gregor..
    We don’t use anything…we have fasted for years and it works for us…We all have a beach body already!

Charlie has finished his first fast day…no treats today only had his dinner this evening..missed breakfast??

I shall be fasting tomorrow….any one else feeling stuffed to join me?

X

Heidi as not had anything all day.

Morning all!
    Hope your fasting doggies are okay & back on their food! No chance of Xena going off hers, she seems ravenously hungry at the moment…
    Jean- hope your FD goes okay today! Was the pizza good? Enjoy unpacking your shopping later…
    Dave- did you get time to make the lemon tarts after spending all afternoon shopping?
    Endellion- did you do anything for VE day in your area? The vodka/ gin should be ready later today?!
    Hope everyone else is okay?
    Lovely & sunny here again, will enjoy the last warm day. A couple of cakes left for me! Might take some nonketo ones over to Mum’s later.
    Youngest son is going over to a different store to manage & close up tonight- it’s in a rough area, so a little worried…a good opportunity for him though, so he jumped at it.

Morning All…
    What a beautiful morning, lovely walking the park early…Charlie has eaten this morning…

I am fasting today…

Hedgehog..
    Pizza was lovely..not quite fish and chips but I didn’t cook!!..good wine..I enjoy my day yesterday…

Hope your son keeps safe, they think a lot of him it’s nice..last warm day shall sit out a bit later..hoping Charlie’s Fitbit arrives maybe late due to bank holiday…enjoy time with your mum…

Jean x

Good morning, getting ready to bake. Lost my instructions so will find them first then have a go at making them.Shorts on today for a change. Make the most of the weather.

Dave..
    I have my shorts on too..winter gear tomorrow☹️

Good luck with your tarts…photo please..

Jean x

They are in the oven now. Fingers crossed they come out ok.

HH – wow, props to you for getting involved with something like that. I imagine it’s quite a full-on role but they must appreciate having you around for support, even if it’s just over the phone at the moment. Well done on the pound off too!
    Yes, we had a small VE celebration. Bunting up, and the whole street came out onto their driveways/gardens for distant chats and a drink.

Dave – good luck with the baking. Sounds delicious!

Jean – ooff, it’s really the long haul for you. Hope you’re keeping well.
    Glad you’re enjoying the lovely weather! My factor 50+ went straight on this morning to make the most as well.
    Well, gin and vodka are made from the same base alcohol, usually. The difference is that gin has juniper. So, you could in theory make your gin completely from scratch, distilling a ‘mash’ of grain or potato or whatever you choose, plus juniper. But the ‘compound’ version where you infuse juniper berries (and any other botanicals) into a neutral spirit (like vodka) is just as valid.
    It comes out tasting like gin, anyway! Gave it a smell this morning and it was wonderful.

Me and my brother are going to make a bbq later (while sipping g&ts, of course). Chargrilled aubergines, grilled courgette and lemon salad, potato spirals on kebab sticks drizzled in truffle oil, then sausages and veggie burgers… I made coleslaw which is marinading in the fridge, and dessert will be bananas and chocolate chips wrapped in foil and left to caramelise while we eat.
    Excited doesn’t cover it!

x

Denise is just sampling one of my tarts, she said am I trying to kill her but did it was nice when she had it. She said she would have put the curd on after the pastry was cooked,my mother did it that way too.I just followed the instructions and baked the curd too.Been for a long walk with Heidi, she is still panting now after 30 minutes.

We are having bbq later too. Will make some marinades in a bit.

I have some botanicals to try and make gin. I don’t drink it, but Neil does. I just need to keep some vodka back! Lol

We are going to have mojitos later. Be a bit different.

Last day of shorts today for a bit, back to jumpers tomorrow by sounds of it.

Dont watch the updates every day now, but will catch it tomorrow to see what lies ahead. I think garden centres will be opening if they can distance people safely. I have to say I would feel safer going to a garden centre than a supermarket to be honest, people have become a bit blase.

I am only down for 1 day of work next week but at least thats something.

Hope every one makes most of nice weather today x

Viewing 50 posts - 27,701 through 27,750 (of 35,313 total)

You must be logged in to reply.