Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,907 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 1 hour, 44 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 27,051 through 27,100 (of 35,393 total)

• Mel, it’s going to be the literary highlight of the year for us so might as well string it out and it’s been almost 8 years gap I think. 😱 I loved the first two which are on my kindle though weirdly I got the third as print.

Off to be wined and dined. Could do with a little pick me up now but drinks will flow so best not start too early.

Mel forgot to ask, was it Sat Bains in Leicester? If so we loved it too….

Evening All….

A lovely walk out at the park, Steve did one round I continued round with Oreo, a good three rounds of the park…with space between us…I thought it would be good to get out or we will feel wall bound, even if Steve sits in the car…

Eating the buffet food I bought in, some tomorrow too, a bit of a pain but I shall not waste it…trifle was very nice I don’t make them much…

Hedgehog..
    SIL is always the same very rude, only talks about his self, uninterested in anything else. Thinks you have to continue as normal as everyone has to work, he won’t be changing anything…
    Lots of things about on news and on line, you don’t know how true everything is…

Sarah..
    I have not a lot of support, a few people on the phone, all live a bit away..it’s hard for people when they busy it would be nice a bit of physical contact, still that’s all gone now…
    I think you are right to be choosy on what you do, take it week by week….like you I am well, I am frightened I bring it home..
    Your sister is a worry too..my sister has only just stopped smoking she’s 76…

Jean x

Jean, I love buffet food and trifle, I can help you out.
    Sarah, no it wasn’t Sat Bains, but we have been there twice (and stayed overnight!) and I think that is my favourite. It was a toss up between Sat Bains and L’Enclume in Cartmel for my all time favourite, which we have also been to twice (I do appreciate I am very lucky. Husband has worked v hard) but I think Sat Bains gets the award. This restaurant was a one star which I have never heard of – John’s House, in Mount Sorrell, near Leicester.
    Anyway enough of this foody talk!

Evening everyone, thank you all for my birthday wishes. We had a really good time away and were lucky with the weather. Lots of walking done but also lots of eating and drinking. Am finishing off birthday celebrations tomorrow evening so back to fasting on Mon & Tues as all being well will go out with our friends for lunch Weds as usual.
    Jean will be good to get hospital appointment sorted and over with Monday and then new car to collect – something to look forward to. Husband was due to have an endoscopy done on 23rd March but Addenbrookes hospital rang him yesterday and cancelled it.
    Hedgehogs we took ourselves out for a walk around our village today and we saw a few people but we just wanted some fresh air. We wouldn’t have a problem with being isolated as long as we could tale a walk everyday.
    We’re due to pay the balance on our Cornish holiday that we’ve booked for May at the end of the month but we’re considering cancelling because there would be no point in going if everywhere was still closed down. Hard to know what to do.
    Hope everyone else is keeping okay- have only read todays post as far to many previous to catch up on.
    Have a good rest of the day.
    Nana x

A pound up from where I was at the end of last month, still 2 weeks to go! Fasting tomorrow, Sunday and Thursday plus possibly Tuesday or Wednesday, see how the week goes.

Just been messaged that my working days at the hotel are being reduced this week. Lots of cancellations for rooms and restaurant so hotel closing on the quieter days.
    Luckily I have my self employed work to fall back on and its my last week at the Hotel this week anyway as I will then have served my months notice.

Getting really annoyed at stupid people panic buying with the threat of having to socially isolate for a week. 😠 stop being selfish and use common sense….grrr

Kay x

I am with you Kay, stupid people panick buying.Its possible that they will want the 70s and over to isolate. That would be awful. Will have to wait ace see but can’t see the end of it insight.

Morning all!
    Hope you’re all well still? Anyone fasting?
    Kay- hope you do get enough work, tourism’s going to be hit hard. Hope you can get rid of that pound!
    Not much planned for us, but both boys working so it will be quiet! Think I will try to keep lowish today & then do 5 days of 800cals next week. Nothing seems to be helping me shift right now!
    Have a good day all!

Morning All
    Walk the riverside and garage jobs for Steve ( and me 😱 I will keep busy and out the way 😂)

Charlie is sulking about his ear drops, with me…he’s a lot better still shaking his head at times…

Nana..
    A good birthday and a lovely trip for you both….isolation of the over 70s what do they expect us to do with the dogs, loads of people this age have them. Fortunately the river walk only have the few usual dogs and you can miss them for days then they come like buses!…Charlie will get taken out he will drive us crackers if his energy isn’t burned off, just avoid people.

Shame about your hubby’s appointment has been cancelled, step daughters knee operation in a few weeks has been cancelled too…your Cornwall holiday too..

Kay
    It’s a shame hours being cut..it will take the world ages to get back to normal and even businesses to pull themselves round..so very sad…your pound will soon come off…

Hedgehog..
    Have a relaxing day make the most of it…just said to Steve, should start doing just full loads if washing, joint of meat make it last three days instead of two..general smaller portions, more than usual …helps with the calories too 😂…the world might be a smaller place when it’s all over…

Fasting tomorrow for me another buffet day finish off and throw away …not so keen….

Jean x

Good morning all, good news is in short supply at the moment.These coming weeks could be difficult but hopefully we will all survive them.My fasting will start again tomorrow.I may try and stay under 1000 calories for all of next week and maybe the week after too if I can.Will still do 800 days also.

Quiet on here don’t forget not everyone uses WhatsApp or Facebook.Just been to Sainsbury’s they say dog food could be going short so bought her a few tins of food,hardly panic buying 😁. still no soap in bottles just empty shelves with a notice saying don’t buy too many 🥴.Took Heidi out then and she met a dog called Oliver,she named it Oliver because it always wants more food 😁

Afternoon all

The news just gets worse, though I’ve read a couple of times that the virus might decline with good weather. If that is the case then we might see things improve soon in Italy and Spain first I guess. Nice meal with friends last night and just been shopping for seeds etc. Now we won’t be going anywhere in a hurry we are determined to get a good crop from the allotment and do a lot of big jobs we’ve been putting off. Daughter very keen for schools to close and a bit worried overall…

Saw SK Foreign minister on news. Most impressive woman.. According to stepson the open and transparent comms and hugely proactive testing and treating is real and not just guff and seems to be paying off there.

Jean, I am reading self isolation as keeping away from people. I know your case is different from mine but quiet dog walks staying well away from people has to be ok. OH is not actually isolating but being very very careful…unlike him really…We are lucky in that we live in country areas with less density. Brighton is a 12 minute drive for us and we won’t be going anytime soon. Today might be difficult but it’s good you are going to get that appointment over tomorrow.

Mel, I remember the breakfast the morning after at Sat Bains as being lovely too. Neither of my absolute favourite restaurants now exists. The Carved Angel in Dartmouth and Merchant House in Ludlow. Both of them have very nostalgic memories for me though as my parents loved The Carved Angel and Joyce Molyneux in equal measure and I went there often with them and we first went to Merchant House for our 10th Anniversary. Shaun Hill has the Walnut Tree at Abergavenny now which I also like. Anyway…this is doing me no good at all. No wonder I’m fat!

HH good luck with your strategy for next week. Sounds hardcore. 5 days b2b sounds a bit much.

Kay, it’s so awful so many people will have their incomes reduced as a result of this. As if the thing itself was not stressful enough.

Fasting tomorrow and Thursday. And with staying close to home no holiday excuses for a long while. Hoping that’s the only effect from all this…stay safe and positive fasting buddies xx

Well I have been out twice with Heidi and only came into contact once with another human being.Should have been at the cycling today but it was cancelled,Stock cars is also cancelled so I imagine speedway will be when it starts ☹️☹️☹️. Possibly bowling too☹️☹️☹️.Heidi has enough food to last the week now, may gets her some more on Tuesday when we go shopping again.

Evening All…
    Finished all the buffet food and finished the trifle..really tasty. Goodness what the calories have been.

A good few hours in the garage I was roped in, car full to the brim on the tip run, very ruthless. I shall have to do it with my clothes which are on elastic going in and out of the charity bag..ruthless is the word.

Sarah..
    Yes our isolation is no visitors, taking Charlie out but keeping my (our) distance from people..I have spoken to a few dog walkers, our usual ones down the the riverside, and told them I am standing at a distance and why, they totally understand.

Hospital tomorrow we will cover our face and try and sit away from people hard, as you are like sardines.

I think the schools will close…your daughter will be happy….think your hubby is right just be very careful, we have about 1500 people in our village so quite small…very rural.

Dave..
    I ordered Charlie’s food a little earlier thinking it may go off sale, I now have enough to last three months. Still I have to buy fresh stuff too for him..

Jean x

Keep hearing rumours about next week. We will all find out on Tuesday probably.Spring is looking very bleak.

Evening everyone

As soon as ive eaten my tea I’ll be fasting as usual until breakfast Tuesday morning.

I worry about my dad with this Corona virus he’s 84 next Sunday and wasn’t in the best of health last year.

I can’t really see him self quarantining himself for 4 months as the government are suggesting over 70s should.

Keep safe everyone

Jean, when I was talking to stepson about this, he was saying wear a mask (they all do there) and I said there were none to be had and he said glasses are helpful and even a scarf tied round mouth and gloves (disposable??) would give a lot of protection. He also said not wearing outdoor clothes indoors which I thought might be OTT but they seem to have managed it well there. No new cases in his city since Thursday. Who cares what we look like at the moment….

Dave our bowling has cancelled all meetings/social events, indoor bowls, and an early set of games we call the football league. At the moment regular roll ups not cancelled (don’t start til late April) and if they and friendly matches against other teams go ahead it will be without the fish and chip suppers after. It’s for the best I am sure….

Evening everyone – today has turned out to be 800 calories so pleased with that.
    Been out for a walk around the village again before the rain came. Daughter and son in law popped in for a quick visit minus Poppy as they’d been elsewhere beforehand and couldn’t take her with them. Not done much for the rest of the day.
    Jean hope everything goes well for both of you tomorrow.
    Dave a shame for you with a lot of the sporting events you were planning on going to looking like they’re going to be cancelled.
    Have a good rest of the evening everyone.
    Fast day planned for tomorrow 🤞 hope I manage it.
    Nana x

Evening all…
    Jean- well done helping with the clear out, & getting rid of it all already! I love leftovers, we don’t have the buffets any more I miss them but my waist doesn’t! I’m sure you’ll be fine with walking, dogs can’t do without! Glad Charlie has enough food, we got Xena an extra sack a couple of weeks ago. Hope you can keep a bit away from people tomorrow, not easy in waiting rooms…
    Sarah- a shame about all the bowling & holidays, plenty of time for the allotment. My seeds I planted have a sprouted already!
    Dave- going to be hard for you, don’t know if they’ll include under70s with health conditions as well to self isolate? Maybe look on YouTube for some exercises you could do at home? I think we might have to get the Wii out again!
    Typhoo- I hope your Dad’s okay, does he live near you? I don’t think Mum’s going to cope very well.
    Kay- a worry with work for you…
    Minols- you’ve been very quiet, busy with visiting still?
    Tammy- were you off today?
    DF- hope you’ve had a chance to rest a bit this weekend?
    Mel- lost track of when you’re off to Wales, hope you have a good time!
    Nana- difficult decision about your holiday, hope you don’t have to cancel but can’t see things getting any better 😞
    Cakey- hope your dizzy spells are improving?
    Met a very weird dog today, she’s a staffy cross, literally half her face is brown & staffy like, the other half is white & a different shape, maybe a jack russel! She wanted to play with Xena but Xena only wanted to chase her ball, ignores other dogs. Got chatting to a couple on a walk this morning, tried to keep a bit of a distance but they kept moving closer! Luckily not coughing!
    Dinner done,& the cheesecake’s all gone, so can fast tomorrow!

There was talk on the radio about the over seventies being arrested if caught outside once it all starts. Not sure that would happen but you never know. Think they are doing that in Italy now.

Dave..
    Spain let you take dogs out for a short walk..police will be too busy to monitor it, I never see a bobby in the village…I done think I look my age so I would get away with it 🤞

Tyhpoo..
    It’s a worry with your dad, is he near you?….4 months to be in house is a long time…

Sarah…
    Where does your stepson live?..I am sure you have said….we have a motorbike neckerchief, goes over your mouth and nose, then we both wear glasses…it will be on from now on…we can wash It each day dries in 10 mins on radiator. outdoor and indoor clothes is a good idea too…

Nana..
    Thank you, we are not looking forward to going hoping there can be a plan put in place for him.
    Nice to have a quick visit from daughter…

Hedgehog..
    Buffets give me heartburn, so not good for me it was an easy option when you never know when people will arrive…or not 😂..hope your 800 week works well…

Jean x

Jean, he lives in South Korea. You sound as if you’re well prepared and have a good plan for clothing.

Typhoo if your dad lives in Scotland I think they’re saying reduce social contact rather than full self isolation.

I really dislike buffets. Everything on one plate, always eat too much obvs and end up in orgy of buffet and self hatred.

Very upsetting to see the awful images from Spain tonight. Hoping government does actually know what it’s doing…

Night night all x

Unfortunately my Dad still lives down in the west country so can’t really just pop in and check he’s ok but he does have grown up grandkids to look after him.

It seems to be the elderly and those with medical conditions that are most at risk from Corona.

It’s all very depressing,in America they say over 60 and those with medical problems.I think most of the dead are over 80, but that’s no consolation. They said on the news worst case scenario 80% of us will get it. On the Plus side I am fasting today and Thursday 😁

Morning all!
    Jean- thinking of you today, 🙏. Sending you a hug…
    Dave- it is all a worry, do you ever do online shopping, then you wouldn’t have to mix with people there if you’re worried about your heart? I don’t think they’re going to make it compulsory for people to stay in yet, sounds like it’ll be advisory…can’t see they’ll have the resources for policing that anyway. How is MIL, she’s still in her own home isn’t she?
    Sarah- hope stepson is okay in SK, sounds like they’re handling it better there than we are!
    Typhoo- shame your dad’s not close, but good he’ll have help.
    Nana- you have a lovely close family at least…not presuming you’re over 70 though!
    DF- back to work & are you fasting today?
    Hope everyone else is okay, some of you have been quiet? Not sure who’s fasting, but keep strong! I am,800cals.
    We’ve booked a slot for an online shop; they were getting booked up quite quickly. Happy to use our local shop but can’t get everything there. Will see Mum today, she’ll be horrified about staying in, but she’ll be able to pop to her friend’s houses I’m sure. Shame for the local cafe, they meet there alot. We have 3 lots of older neighbours, (we live in a little close of 9) we help out 2 already anyway, so will keep an eye out for them, they’ve not got close family.

Oooo Im first posting this morning! Only because Im out working again today. Early start as its a job over 1.5 hours away. Its Bovis Homes and cleaning new builds at various stages of the building process. Its only because the company I do some work for have a contract locally and we been asked to cover this other site too. Its a 12-14 hour day including the drive but on the plus side, I dont have to drive and we get paid by the hour including travel time, so its a well paid day!

I had to say yes to todays work, even though Im tired, as the Hotel where my employed work is, has actually stood me down for 3 days so just got Saturday in now. All because of people panicking and cancelling stays and meals booked!

My mum has just ordered am online shop for next week, but couldnt get some of the stuff she wanted.
    My brother visited her with some long life milk and oj but I was surprised that my siser in law visited too, given that she works in a residential home and a work colleage went home with flu symptoms?! They did keep their distance but even so I was shocked. My mum lives on her own and is 89. She has some health issues but I wouldnt class her as vulnerable in respect to her lungs/breathing.

Not sure if to go and visit, whilst its still relatively safe to travel around, given I have an enforced break!

Well done fasters yesterday. I didn’t fast in the end but it wasnt a big calorie day in the end.
    Good luck Steve with your extended fast today.
    Not able to fast today but it wont be too bad hopefully.

Jean, thinking of you and Steve today. Hope the news isn’t too awful and they have a plan to deal with it.

Freezing out there first thing, had to de-ice the car at 6am!

Stay safe everyone x

Morning all,

Its such a worry with the virus and isolating etc. My mum’s panicking over the whole thing, the thought of being isolated for months, she said she wouldn’t survive it! Horrible, horrible it is. We’re even not seeing clients directly face to face at work now either.

In other news, I did have a good weekend, away again in the camper and lots of sea air. I did eat way too much though, so definitely fasting today. Exercise done too, although it was the last thing I felt like doing when I got up this morning!

I’ll catch up later xx

Morning All…
    Up at 6 am an early walk. I am fasting today.

Sat waiting at hospital, we are early as two more roads have opened after the floods and no traffic now.

Sarah..
    That’s different SK have you ever visited..it’s all a worry..missed the news this morning.
    Buffets are very brown and fattening, hard if a mixture of people just easier having a pick..

Tyhpoo..
    Hard when your Dads quite a long way away, nice grandchildren can help.

Hedgehog..
    Sat with our face covered off and on, not too busy..it’s a worry with food I have never done on line delivery, they will be busy now.

Kay..
    Very long days, you will be shattered hoping you can sleep on the transport..

DF..
    Lovely to get away in the open air..glad it was a good break… I think we shall miss it always so relaxing and enjoyable…it will be a long year…

Dave..
    Starting to hit my daughter in the States, going slowly from east to west…lots of 40 year olds dying in Italy so a doctor was saying, so not just the old.

Thanks for all the good wishes . Next in..

Jean x

Hi all
    Just dropped the old boy at the vets – been being sick every mornign now for more than a week. not acting unwell at all, so really hoping it’s nothing underlying…but at his age…! So bloods and ultrasound (he’d better not be pregnant!), and his tummy has to be shaved – good luck to the vet nurse that’s given that job! He’s never forgiven the first ever vet to shave a bit of fur off his leg when he was a puppy. Never mean…he just shuts down, stands in the corner facing the wall and ignores the vet. Did the same when I left him there this morning!

Sorry not to be around over the weekend…dealing with all the same worries that are on here! The full range. Some people really must be taking care – and letting others help with that. Some will need to distance and then isolate…but are obviously dreading doing it and don’t want to do it a minute sooner / longer than necessary. It’s such a tight call as to when to have complete shut down to let the nhs cope, because I fugure there’s just the one shot at this because we’re not really very ‘compliant’ as a nation! And so many people really need for all sorts of reasons, for that shut down to be as short as possible…I had several yesterday telling me that if their forced into isolation with their beloved of 50/60 years for too long, I’ll be taking their beloved’s funeral, and visiting them in prison! And that was followed by a stressed teenager worrying about her exams…

We’re taking temps every day so at the first sign of one of us getting more than the sniffles we usually live with, we’re all in! Made up the spare room for the first person to get sick, and I think the OH will be moving his office home today (I’ll be working even more from the church than ever!). I reckon my work will gradually shift to phone callse, and everyone yesterday was encouraged to put up hearty prayers of thanksgiving for Aelxander Graham Bell, and to keep in touch with everyone they can think of throught the marvels of modern technology. Everyone’s being encouraged to wash their hands thoroughly to a variety of hymn tunes whenever they move from one environment / group to another, so we’re sort of operating in a soapy bubble.

I reckon I’m going to start having the Sanctuary open as much as possible, cos I figure people will get pretty fed up with their own space pretty quickly, and churches are large, empty spaces through the week where if you don’t want to be where you are, you can go and be ‘somewhere else’, perhaps with a little bit of social interation at a distance, if that’s what you want.

And seriously, on behalf of your local church, don’t be stuck if you’re stuck inside! I know of a few clergy currently in isolation, but most of us are happy enough to pop round the shops for you, and leave it on the front step if you’re in isolation. And once the currently ill clergy are through being ill, the hope is they will be even better placed to help!

Sorry – longer post than I anticipated with not a word about fasting…maybe that’s cos I’ve not been doing a very good job at that! Coffee morning on Saturday produced a tub of amazing baking some of which definitely had cocoa involved – gulp! Looks guilty!

And I’m starving right now and meeting someone for lunch who I hope to persuade to become Treasurer…so may need to consume food, too, rather than just coffee! Aaarrgghh! We’re meeting at a doughnut place! I’m doomed!

Mx

Jean- thinking of you…
    Minols- Hope it’s nothing serious with your old doggy. I’m sure you’ll be burning off all those cake calories if you’re cycling about visiting/ doing shopping for oldies! You have alot of worries at the moment so look after yourself too…
    Kay- tbf, those people who are cancelling their holiday may well be older, holidaying at that time of year more than likely, so not unreasonable to cancel. As you’ve mentioned with your SIL, not everyone is respectful of advice to keep isolated, you never know how could have symptoms, hotel staff or other holidaymakers. Plus there’s travelling too, I wouldn’t want to be mixing with the hordes at service stations too.
    DF- glad you had a good weekend away. Hope your FD goes okay.
    Hope everyone else is okay & keeping strong if you’re fasting…Getting a bit hungry here!

HI HH – no bike out yet! Although I have it in the back of my mind to set that as a task if the boy and the OH end up in isolation together…service the bikes so we can get fresh air and exercise.

I have a firend in her 70s just gone on holiday today…hotel apartment on the west coast. Seems an ideal compromise / level of risk. So many judgment calls to be made just now – tbh I think that’s what will burn some of us out!

Jean – how’s the waiting going?

Mx

Hello everyone, thinking of you Jean and Steve.Its a very sunny day here, just been out with Heidi. Not seen the news yet so will watch at 1pm.Tui have cancelled all holidays hotels and cruises for the time being.Hope mine gets cancelled too but will have to wait and see. HH I will be going out until they stop me from doing so, and will continue to go shopping. Tesco have no toilet rolls,hand sanitizer or pasta.Better start cutting the newspapers up 😁😁😁☹️🥴.

Afternoon All…
    Fast day has crumbled …awake about 5am, just too hungry and upset.

Steves cancer is small but aggressive, different from the other of last year.. if he hadn’t been in the radar for his first cancer it wouldn’t have being diagnosed till a lot later then possibly too late. I suppose good in a strange way..
    We have an appointment with the oncologist consultant on Wednesday morning see what plan he has..it looks like chemo and radiotherapy maybe together or separately over 12 weeks. Unless he has a different plan. Starting in a week to 10 days, it is priority to any virus patients.

Minols..
    Hope the old boy is ok when you collect him…..I can see a few families struggling as no sport on the tv and matches to go too and they just don’t know what to do..quite sad really….maybe over the 6 months or so, more kinder people will be about who can mix and chat with people..back to normal communication.
    I like the idea of the church being open people chatting and spreading about a bit…that’s nice.
    The holiday apartment sounds a good thought too…

Hedgehog..
    Cancer nurse was saying, no good covering faces…just good hand washes, keep your distance, get outside as much as you can as you can’t catch it in the open, picnic in the car or visit empty ish places, no crowds ….if feeling unwell take your temperature ..don’t sit watching the TV as it’s making people upset and paranoid and things they say aren’t always right.
    We will have to restrict things when his treatment starts…

Dave..
    I don’t think your holiday will be on..things are getting worse….maybe a rebook when safer times to go…

Jean x

Jean, have been waiting for your post, so glad you have come on here.
    Firstly, can’t believe you were actually intending to fast today in the first place, so just have what you want.
    As you say, good news in a way as it has been caught quick as he is under the radar. Shit that he has it at all of course, but looking for the rays of sunshine. At least things will start moving now. Hugs to both (and Charlie). Like the advice from the nurse, at least we can dog walk. We don’t watch much tv but I have my books and cross stitching.

Minols, hope old doggy is ok. Let us know.

I am fasting unenthusiastically today but away from tomorrow and next possible FD is next Monday. Much wine will be consumed in Wales as they drink an awful lot, I am ok as long as I don’t try to match them. Hotel tomorrow night, quite a small one in a small town in Shropshire so think the risk is small. Definitely no service stations, think I would avoid them like the plague (oops)

Have a good fast day HH and anyone else fasting. Watch those doughnuts Minols!

Jean, sending lots of love to you! FD will have to take a back seat today, quite rightly. I’m glad a plan will be put in place soon, and hopefully things can get moving quickly. Such a rubbish time, you’re strong though .. lean on us if you need to xx

Let’s hope the treatment works well Jean. I will keep checking the news for holiday.Not going to book another holiday for a while though. They are going to do a news update from Boris or one of his sidekicks everyday from now on. There is no way I am stopping in unless told to do so. 60 calories so far today so going well. I have decided to count every calorie for the next two weeks.

Jean- sorry to hear your news, but good that it’s been caught so early…Can’t believe it’s being dealt with so quickly, Weds is good to see the oncologist. Agree with the nurse that being out in fresh air is good, picnics in the car a good idea. If Steve has chemo obvs that will leave his immunity to anything very low, so you’d have had to be careful even without corona…extra big hugs to you, as Mel says can’t believe you were even considering fasting, but I know that routine is important in these situations & that’s your routine.
    Mel- hope you can stick with your reluctant FD! Have a lovely trip!
    Minols- any word on your dog yet?
    Dave- keep strong with your FD, I’m sure your cruise will have to be cancelled at some point…
    Hope everyone else is okay?
    Took Mum out for a walk, she’s in a right tizzy, my aunt told her she’d got to stay in for months or be arrested, I think I’ve reassured her that she can still go out for walks & visit a couple of friends in the village, & we’ll see her alot. But she’s being silly about her car, she was going to give it up but now won’t even though she won’t be able to drive it anywhere 😂 She needs to get her tyre sorted & is stressed about that even though we’ve said we’ll help…if she can’t cope with the thought of driving 5 miles to a garage then she really should give up 🙆
    Fasting going okay but am battling the thought of what’s the point if we’re all going to get the virus 😱 eat, drink & be merry?!!

Yes I have done enough of that HH, eating and drinking 🤯.A young woman just walked past our house waring a mask, first I have seen. Time to take Heidi out again.

Afternoon

So sorry to hear about Steve’s cancer, Jean. But there’s a big but because it’s been caught so early. Hoping it will respond really well to the treatment and you can regain normality. Goodness I am not at all surprised you are upset. We are here for you xx

Fasting today. Sorting stuff out in house and garden after French lesson. Determined to make time count and as we’re going nowhere at least I won’t have holiday eating factoring into 5/2.

An older couple in our French class, both with diabetes, have decided to properly and fully self isolate the minute they’re told to. They will go for drives or quiet walks but no going into shops or anywhere else. They’d seen their small grandchildren this morning and basically didn’t think they’d be seeing them again for months. They think it might be for longer than 4 months. I felt sad for them.

Another emotion today from me was anger at Virgin who have said that very many staff will have to take unpaid leave for two months. And obviously this could go on much longer than that. So basically they are being made either temporarily or probably permanently redundant without the redundancy pay. For such a big company to behave like this is appalling in my view.

I think we may see the best (thinking of Minols post)and worst in human behaviour many times before all this is over.

Anyway fast day going ok. Positive thoughts to everyone especially of course Jean, Steve and Charlie

I am not sure what to think about Virgin.If it saves their jobs it’s a good thing if not they will have to pay out redundancy.I have been made redundant twice. Anything that saves jobs it’s good but don’t know how they will go on for money, they must get something from the government.Getting hungry now, not had any food just 3 cups of tea.

Dave- classing anyone who would be offered a flu jab as vulnerable & should isolate & not go out from the weekend. 😞

Dave, the benefits are all For Virgin. If their staff get another job even a lower paid one, they won’t be eligible for a redundancy payment. I’ve been in the very unfortunate position of having to make staff redundant, once on a very large scale and this is simply unethical HR practice. Dire times indeed!

Jean, so sorry its cancer again 😢
    Hope that a plan gets started asap. Theres never any good time, but its particularly bad timing with covid-19 being a respiratory virus as his immune system will be comprised with chemo/radiotherapy.
    Dont forget your FBB family are here if you need to offload x

Evening Everyone…
    Thanks very much from all of you…just push on and be positive…the consultant said Steve is only his third patient he has seen with the cancer this size, as usually too large and spread to even give treatment.. so a big 🤞..

I think I am about 800 cals so not too bad….

Minols..
    Have you collected the old boy..how is he…

Mel..
    Enjoy your trip to Wales, plenty of food and wine…keep in the fresh air..😀

Hedgehog..
    Hope your mum gets her car sorted without too much bother..

Sarah..
    It’s the only good about all this..spring cleaning, gardening everything spick and span ..

Thanks again..I might moan a bit in the future …

Jean x

Evening everyone,
    Jean I echo everyones comments and at least his treatment is starting nice and early. There will be testing times ahead for both of you but it’ll be worth it.
    Hedgehogs naughty you eat,drink and be merry indeed 😀but it’s tempting.
    Have managed my FD today can’t remember who else was having a FD but hope it’s gone alright for you.
    After watching the Coronavirus update this afternoon on the BBC we’ve decided to suspend our social life as husband does suffer with bad Asthma and it’s just not worth the risk. We’re lucky that our village is small 1000 people at the most so we can enjoy a walk everyday to get some fresh air without encountering too many people.
    Stay safe everyone.
    Nana x

I know what your saying HH but the only way I will stay in is if I show any symptoms,to be honest I don’t go out that often apart from taking Heidi out. On the dinner time news they were telling you to get out for fresh air, just keep a safe distance from people which is now 2 metres.

Jean, moan all you want to. It’s so good it’s at an early stage. Only the third patient is pretty amazing.

Nana, awful as it is, that sounds a very good decision for you both and for the NHS. Not getting it is our aim. It’s so weird, it feels like some sort of silent enemy you can’t see or hear. We are stocking up on stuff this week like paint to do our summerhouse early. Conscious that in France the only shops now open are food shops, newsagents and pharmacies. Doubt paint will be seen as essential items. And of course if you can walk in quiet places they reckon that is fine.

HH meant to say before how lovely it is that you support so many elderly people as well as everything you do for your mum.

Very hungry but had 500 now so that’s it. Early night and toast tomorrow without doubt….

Will be 750 cals, pleased with that.
    Have one aunt stressing mum about being arrested, whereas another is insisting on still coming to stay with mum at Easter regardless of travel restrictions! Horrified at the thought of her being stranded with mum up here & not able to get home 😱. Hopefully she’ll see sense…

Well fast day disappeared, I just needed wine. I am so weak. Looked at my pathetic soup and just couldn’t do it. Have kept low though, in my defence!
    Jean, you never moan. You are an amazing woman in my opinion.
    Love to everyone. Early night for me.

Hi
    Well I’m still kicking about, I’m just not feeling the urge to fast, so much going on just now.
    Jean and Steve so sorry about the outcome, but lucky it’s been caught early.
    Hope everyone else is ok, I’m keeping up on what’s app. Hopefully get motivated soon
    Tammy x

Viewing 50 posts - 27,051 through 27,100 (of 35,393 total)

You must be logged in to reply.