Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,826 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  hemmy 2 hours, 33 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 26,001 through 26,050 (of 35,311 total)

• Morning All…
    A bright day..it will be lovely for walking…..Steve out on his own to an appointment..

Dave…
    Meal sounds lovely with lots of calories …Birthday meals don’t count…..

Tammy…
    Steve is always a worry one thing and another…his dizzy spells seems to have stopped this morning.

I do like Downton Abbey….I wonder if it’s on catchup….enjoy your lunch out today…

Sarah..
    I have just told him to take them at night, thanks…enjoy your relaxing day to yourself, maybe starting the shrug.

Tyhpoo..
    Snowing..waiting to see what Charlie thinks…still he is from your area, he’s possibly seen it before.

Hedgehog..
    Enjoy dog training…which bit is she doing now….and shopping 😬..the schwarma I think I would like with meat…

DF..
    You are Manchester way I think?….glad you are feeling better and survived yesterday..

Minols..
    Have a good computer day…that reminds me mine needs to go on to update..before I use it..could take all day !!…clockwork springs to mind…..

Jean x

Minols- sounds like you’re really determined, hope it pays off on the scales!
    Jean- nice & bright here too, just had a good walk. Hope Steve’s appt goes okay, he has given you some worries over the last year, & before that with his knees, no wonder yiu have to dye your hair 😂😂👵
    DF- well done for yesterday, hope you carry on feeling better!
    Sarah- unfortunately at the moment doing 5 days of 800 cals only seems to take off what goes on the other 2 days, nothing seems to come off the total 😤😟
    Just heard again about the baby- he still has infections, he’ll have surgery tomorrow to drain one area but the other area is very risky to get to, still on antibiotics, poor little one. & poor mum…

Good morning, no snow here thankfully. Fasting today and will try to fast Wednesday and Thursday too.Got to pull back yesterday’s calories. Having a cuppa then take Heidi out, Spanish lessons at 12-30.

Hedgehog..
    It’s a wonder I have any hair to colour 😂….Steves stuck in traffic, motorway closed, now going across country, on his way home all ok….
    It’s a big worry about the baby….I was going to walk further down the riverbank but so very cold, I did the usual riverbank and around the village…still someone has recently put two horses in a river bank field which we would have to go through..Charlie’s not keen on horses.

Dave..
    You do keep busy….enjoy Spanish lessons, is the teacher back yet?

Jean x

Yes she is back, they are playing curling then we start the Spanish lessons.

Snow holding off here, clear blue sky just now on my walk, but very cold! Jean, I work in Sale which is near Manchester. I actually live more Burnley way 🙂

HH – thanks for the support, you have a lot to think about at the moment. Hope the baby is okay. Their stronger than they seem. Worrying time …

Dave – lots of B2B fasts, that’s great! I can’t imagine doing that myself at the moment. Maybe in time, nearer summer!

Hope everyone else is doing well today, stay strong if you’re fasting! Thursday next one for me.

x

Jean – do you ever hear from Audrey, Hemmy or Lynne? I often wonder how they’re doing x

The lure of the scales was too great this morning and I had a feeling that 5lb quickly on had gone. And it had! So I am back again to my preChristmas weight. Five pounds above target but finding them hard. Need some wriggle room though.
    Just back from mammogram (oh joy!). Something Dave and Steve x 2 don’t have to worry about at least.
    Had falafels, hummus, avocado and tomatoes. Yummy. Find I am having quite a lot of vege meals now, particularly on FDs. Yesterday’s FD800 was really hard but struggled through.
    Got to go as Paul needs iPad (yes we are a one iPad family). Good thing otherwise we would both be on it too much.
    So glad about woof, all worried, and thinking about that poor little baby and family too.
    Speak soon.
    Mel

No internet at home. Our mobile phones need the vodafone booster box which needs the internet…sigh

BT say its an issue with our router and they are sending a new one out.
    However others in the village have had phone/internet issues today, so we will see….

Hope everyone ok, no time to read posts…just picked up signal whilst out..x

Dave..
    Nearly fluent then…was she impressed at you taking the class….😂

DF…
    Steve had is his office in Burnley for a bit…he moved about as it suited him!…really freezing here…just had a shout from upstairs all my windows are open airing upstairs through, been open since 9 am 😂 now 3pm and Steves sorting photos out upstairs 😂..it will keep him awake…

I am on FB with Audrey but not the others..I don’t really talk to her…

Mel..
    5lbs off that’s so great ..you should of waited till February a good amount of pebbles…😂

We have an iPad each..couldn’t do with one, it was causing arguments…lol…

Kay..
    Hope they sort it soon …a nightmare without a signal….

Jean x

It seems weird fasting on a Tuesday, normally I get back from Sainsbury’s have have some delicious bread and butter with meat on it of various kinds.Been alright until I wrote this. Now I feel hungry.Spanish lessons were a good laugh. We all sit round a long table and Olwyn asked questions individually.We have to learn the days of the week and the months. Am ok with the days and getting better at the months.

Afternoon
    Well done Mel 5lbs brilliant.
    Very cold here, no snow, but looking like it could.
    Had breakfast of a boiled egg
    Lunch was a bloody disaster ,just to let you know, my mother is the world’s greatest moaner, if she doesn’t like it or doesn’t agree with it no-one should, I actually hate going to new cafes etc with her, any how, we went to a place we have been going to for years, except we haven’t been there for quite a while, possibly a year, since my work hrs changed, so to start with mother was cold “its always cold in here”, then they had changed the menu, quite a lot, she wanted bacon and brie toastie but it was offered on croissant “croissants too sweet it for breakfast “, could she just get it on white bread toasted, they’ve stopped doing white bread 🤦‍♀️, they could do it on a white roll they have left, fine , gets food, mother again “I don’t understand why they give you cold salad with a hot toastie, no-one wants salad, its horrible” I had a tuna sandwich, which I found a hair in, after I ate half, they replaced it with a new one, my meal would be free (thankyou), my step sister helped eat the new sandwich as I didn’t need it all, she was asking my mother ,if she ever stopped moaning, we dont see each other much, but we are making an effort, sure she regretted it, we would have cake, mum, banana loaf (its solid like a brick!!!), me and my sister opted for the espresso chocolate cake, we were told its vegan, ok how bad could it be !!!!!!, it was utterly disgusting, all i could taste was curry, couldn’t understand it, but staff had seen our faces and came to see, so i tells them it tastes like curry, oh that will be the Bombay mix like stuff on the outside of it, really! Why?, did we want something else, err yes, opted for a scone, which was bloody lovely but couldn’t finish it because of eating all the doubles!!!!, dont think we will go back, sure my step sister will need a stiff drink to get over mothers moaning lol.
    Looking forward to my tea.
    Tammy x

Blimey Tammy you have had a time of it today, vodka calling tonight maybe? 😂. I hate it when people moan all the time, it just brings you down. Our neighbour (who is a friend too) has always been like that but he has got so bad don’t want to spend time with him, just depressing.
    I am pleased with the 5lb off but it is just the 5lb I put on in about a week and a half so not progress, just stopped the rot which I suppose is a result in itself.

5lb off is brilliant.I am starving now, not had anything for 21 hours.Egg bacon and tomatoes soon😋😋😋.Just having a coffee.Took Heidi out in the rain☔☔☔

It’s freezing and I managed to get hailed and rained on coming home with Gretel and no hood. We were literally dripping when we got back. Unfortunately hair can tolerate no moisture or much humidity before I look like a used brillo pad so will need to do it tonight.

Ham and cheese toastie at lunchtime which was total heaven and moussaka and brussel sprouts tonight. Slightly eccentric combo but the sprouts need to be used and we like them so..

Tammy, you sound as if you need a stiff drink yourself. What a lunch! The hair in the sandwich would have finished me off never mind your mum.

Fasting tomorrow. I am a straight 500 cals twice a week person. Don’t think 800 would suit me and certainly not several days of it. I remember plateauing when I was near to target before and I made a deal with myself that if I hadn’t lost at least .5 of a pound I had to do a third fast. I actually had to do it a couple of times but it did tend to keep me reasonable on my NFDs.

Mel at least you’re back to where you were and can move it from there.

HH hope the baby’s op goes ok. Poor little thing and his mum must be beside herself.

Jean hope Steve’s appointment went very well.

Hang on in to anyone fasting. You can hand over the baton with relief tomorrow.

Tammy- a lovely day out for you then, poor you when you work so hard…curry in a choc cake though?! I agree with Mel that you deserve a couple of vodkas too 😂
    Mel- I am so jealous, to lose that 5lbs so quickly! I’m doing 800 cal days all week just to get rid of a couple of pounds which jump on every weekend, never mind the Christmas pounds 😤 Yoyr dinner sounded lovely!
    Jean- poor Steve, you’ll be taking him to the doctors with hypothermia next!
    Dave- well done with the Spanish, & jumping straight back into fasting! Keep strong! Was the journey awful again?
    DF- keep warm, hope you’re feeling better?
    Kay- hope they get the internet back on soon, we lost ours for 3 weeks once as the cables all got stolen!
    Sarah- have you got started on the knitting?
    Made my broccoli soup for lunch, I’d forgotten how good it is! Salad for dinner, although I’m very cold, I get fed up with that on FDs!

HH I honestly think it was a case of on quick, off quick. It won’t happen now I am back to where I was. Also I think you look slimmer than me, according to this site my BMI is 24.9, just on the cusp of healthy and overweight. If I get much lower I think I will find it difficult though I would like the next 5lb off.

HH the trip was much better today, they have one lane each way so no traffic lights.Took 10 minutes so we got there very early, they was still playing curling. The Spanish WhatsApp group is quiet busy, there are two Spanish people on it and you can talk to them if you want to.Its a good idea a WhatsApp group,if we were to do it whoever sets it up would need everyone’s phone number, I don’t mind giving mine but maybe some may not be happy doing so.

Hello

Woof says thank you for your prayers, he’s continued to improve today and much more like his large bouncy self. I’m convinced he’s eaten sometimes poisonous and possibly hallucinogenic, if that’s even possible.

Well done on your 5lb Mel, dedication to get straight back on it and get rid before it has a chance to settle. If you know what I mean.

More prayers needed for your home start baby I think. Sounds like not out of the woods yet and long recovery ahead. Puts things in perspective when you see what some families have to manage.

Such a difficult job planning a funeral for someone you don’t know Minols. My MiL was very organised and had left a note in the diary with the hymns, readings and a poem she wanted. My SiL is starting the eulogy, then forwarding it round so each of the siblings has a chance to include their memories.

Red onion and courgette quiche from slimming world tonight, for no other reason than I liked the sound of it. No pastry so keeps the calories down and has cottage cheese in it.

Loving the activities of this group – Spanish, bowling, dog training, camping, running – what have I forgotten? Have a look at courses, if you’re interested, run by Centre of Excellence. Great reviews on Trust pilot and online courses on every topic you can’t think of from fitness to hobbies to languages to lifestyle etc etc. I’ve signed up for a calligraphy class and also thinking about a Hygge lifestyle one. Just for something different to do. Only don’t take any notice of the price – they seem expensive eg £127 but once I’d looked I kept getting sent offers for 70% discount and in the end I my paid £19.

CW

Evening everyone,
    Well today’s weigh in showed my weight to be the same as last week and then husband decided that he didn’t fancy going out to lunch today and would rather go visit our daughter instead so I decided to make today a FD also so that’s three BTBs in a row.Will have a weigh in again tomorrow you never know I might have lost. Daughter also gave me a long overdue haircut 💇. Granddog Poppy was pleased to see us she has gotten really big – now nine months old.
    Tammy a nightmare lunch for you.
    Minols my job prior to retiring was working for a insurance company processing life policy claims – like you I found the claims difficult when it was someone young. I learned a lot about the deceased from the family members and a lot of them had led very interesting lives. Sadly you also used to get the bickering families especially if a will or probate was involved. At times like this we used to say ” where there’s a will there’s a relative “.
    Hedgehogs hope baby pulls through.
    Dave well done on getting straight back to 5:2.
    Jean been a lovely sunny day here but oh the wind was so cold.
    Enjoy the rest of your day everyone.
    Nana x

Food scoffed, didn’t touch the sides. Great that woof is getting better, going to be difficult doing b2b fast days Wednesday and Thursday.Roll on Friday.I will be like that Charlie Chaplin film when he looks at people and they turn into chickens 😵😖😆.

Cakey glad woof is on the mend.
    Dave I’m on WhatsApp – don’t mind putting my number on our closed Facebook page.

Evening All..
    Second evening of meeting with Oreo at the park, played like mad again and ran and ran…so lovely to see. Dinner late yet again…cooked pork dinner so lovely wine had to be opened, it was worth it. We don’t really drink in the week I did feel the need.

Tammy..
    You did make me laugh..I think am I like that 😂…I don’t think so…..you will have to let her choose the change of cafe…

Mel..
    You have to see the 5 lb off as progress…you could of have added on…well done..

Dave..
    Well done a strong day….

Sarah..
    Every thing ok with Steve….he is still feeling ‘odd’ with his BP, just not well, if he doesn’t alter he will have to go to the doctor..

Hedgehog..
    It was blxxdy freezing up stairs 😂…I had 22 degrees downstairs 😂…enjoy your soup….

Mel..
    You are similar to me, I am coming in at 24 BMI, 4 lbs more off for me but I think my body says different, it’s a battle.

Dave…
    I am easy on the WhatsApp group..go with the flow…well done fasting…

Cakey..
    Really pleased on the woof ..it does sound as if he has picked something strange up….glad you have got your course booked…goodness knows how you fit it in..always so busy….

Nana..
    A change of day for you and a hair cut….well done on making it a fast day…Poppy is getting big now, soon grow up.

Jean x

We need to have a list of people who want a WhatsApp group.Then who is going to form it.Whoever runs it would need all the phone numbers of willing participants.

Busy on here!
    Cakey- very glad woof is so much better! We heard about a couple of dogs being poisoned with drugs- can’t remember what- at a park near us recently, maybe something like that?
    Dave- happy to sort a WhatsApp group, my technical support will be home tomorrow 😂- we could put mobile numbers on our profile page just for an hour or so & then delete them? I am looking forward to Friday too…have to try not to overeat then!
    Nana- well done on another FD, hope some weight goes with a whoosh!
    Mel- mine went on quick too, would be happy to get back to around the weight I was when I wore the dress, my BMI is 23 now, but I feel chunky!!
    Jean- glad you enjoyed your dinner, hopw wine has done it’s job! I hope Steve feels better soon…lovely for Charlie to have a friend to play with, Xena is less bothered now, wants her ball!
    Dinner done, waiting for youngest to get home to do his dinner, mine gone, falafely things & salad.

Evening all

Have been out in the snowy conditions as I needed to do the shopping can’t have porridge in the morning with no milk.

January isn’t quite over and Tesco have stacked the shelves with Easter eggs and next to the freezdrs to tempt us but I stayed strong and walked on past.

CakeyWakey

That’s fantastic news that woof is feeling better dogs are more than just pets more like another member of the family.

Yes Sainsbury’s was full of Easter eggs too.We still need a list of people for WhatsApp before anything can be done. Why is it when I have had a meal I feel hungry again 😠

HH I don’t have a clue how to add a phone number on my profile page, don’t even know how to access it.

Evening all
    Oh how I would love a vodka tonight, but alas I have to start work at 7am(covering holidays)and have to drive to work.
    CW, so glad woofer is on the mend definitely sound like he got into something.
    HH thinking of the baby.
    Had noodles for tea, but nothing seems to be hitting the spot just now, I actually find that I’d rather be fasting, Kinda feel like I’m eating because I can, but not enjoying it, not sure why, maybe not craving the bread and sweetness as much.
    Typh00 try working at tesco and having to pass temptation all the time lol.
    FD tomorrow, I’m glad, dont need to think about food, just one portion of soup left, will see, kind of fancy a tuna baked potato or such likes, but need to check calories first.
    Away to have a cuppy and hopefully warm up a bit.
    Tammy x

Dave, don’t say I can teach you something??!! Go on the burger icon, there’s a drop down menu so click on your profile, then when you go on your profile there’s another drop down menu & edit your profile is down the bottom, use that to add your number.

Not sure what to eat tomorrow, wish I liked soup.Think I will have Kirstys Spanish chicken meal.Not had that for ages.

I have put my number on HH.

HH I have put my number on as well x
    Tammy x

Hedgehogs I think I’ve done mine as well.
    Mary ( Nana )

Will try and put my number on in a minute, but don’t really understand WhatsApp. How does it differ from Facebook?

HH it is great that you are setting up a whatsapp group. I’ve put my number at the start of my profile.

Wish my bmi was 23. It’s 26….

Mel, whatsapp is a texting, calling system via the internet. You need to download the app onto your phone. If you google it, you can download it. It’s free and so are calls and texts.

Was sorry to hear about Nicholas Parsons. I liked him so much on just a minute so funny and sweet. Still 96 and no long illness is a good run.

Cakey, so happy to hear about woof. Sounds a weird thing. Anyway better now.

Jean glad Steve feeling ok. Hope the BP sorts itself out soon. Enjoy that well deserved wine.

Tammy, I had a FD jacket potato with tuna last week. I did 200 uncooked weight (quite small…) small tin of no drain tuna, drained of the tiny bit of oil and then mixed with 3 laughing cow light cheese spreads. Can’t quite remember exact cals but it would have been 350 or a bit under. Quite comforting. Nothing hitting spot for me today either.

Fasting tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing all your dogs! And you of course.

Morning all
    How quickly Wednesday rolls round, early starts this week covering for holidays, but the shift tends to fly by.
    Cold this morning but doesn’t appear to be icy, it always worries me, I’d rather drive in snow.
    Good luck all us fasters, who’s with me?
    Weigh in day tomorrow for me, I have everything crossed.
    Everyone not fasting, enjoy your food.
    Tammy x

Morning all,

Again, so many posts!

I think I over-estimated my calories yesterday. I thought dinner was xx calories, but when I worked it out it was actually double almost, and I’d misread it! OMG. I was going to do another FD today to make up for it, and the usual one tomorrow, but may try an 800 day instead, see how I go with that. I’m terrible when I’m thrown like that, but hopefully I’ll pull it back today. I have done my workout, and will walk at lunch, even if its hailstone out there!

Have a good day everyone, semi-fasting I guess. Stay strong guys!!

xx

Got Dave, Nana, Sarah, Tammy , Mel & Jean’s numbers, will sort the group later, you can take your numbers off your profile, sorry I didn’t get back on last night!

Good luck to all of us fasting today- Tammy, DF, Dave, Sarah, ? Minols, Jean having a low day, & me, is that all of us?

Group done!

Morning All…
    Bright but freezing cold here….Charlie had us both up at 5.30 being sick, he has eaten his breakfast..too much stick eating yesterday maybe.

Waiting in for parcels today or Steve is, I will walk out my self soon.

Steve..
    Poor you with snow…hope it’s melted a bit today…

Tammy..
    Must be great temptation not to buy things you fancy while at work to bring home…we at least have to make the effort to visit…Wednesdays was always a good work day…on your way to the weekend..

Sarah..
    Well done on the food, tuna is a good standby and filling…not a good food day for us yesterday and wine, a flat day for us both, they are not the best…foot forward today…

Nicholas Parsons seems to have been with us for ever…a good age.

Hedgehog..
    Thanks for doing the group…no breakfast for me this morning..see how I go…

DF..
    Hailstone..!!….I am trying to pull back too, it happens…low day for me I hope..

Have a good day fasters…and the low day too…

Jean x

Well done HH on the WhatsApp group, some great pictures on it already. Think I am going bowling is dry at the moment but very cold only 3°C, I think the green will be wet though with all the rain last night and my car is why do it must have been raining this morning too.

Fasting today and going to cook a bbc goodfood butternut squash and feta frittata. Makes 4 portions 400 cals each. So hubby will eat 3. We have to eat very early for us as he’s bowling tonight. That leaves a long tempting evening. And he will probably have toast when he gets in!

Stay strong for the day fasters. Savour every mouthful everyone x

Aarrgghh- I’m having a hungry day!
    Dave- enjoy the bowling- it’s nice you can pop in any day the weather’s good. Hope your B2B day goes okay!
    Jean- hope Charlie is okay. No stick eating for us today, Xena has been eating loads of mud instead!
    Tammy- yes, all that food must get tempting…my son keeps bringing reduced stuff home- last night he brought home cheesecake & chocolate marshmallows, then hasn’t eaten thrm, so they’re making my mouth water!

Afternoon All…
    No breakfast but had a cheese toasty and chutney for lunch, delicious…..

Anyone who likes Indian food or hot and spicy Chutney….I have found Greeta’s Chutney, it’s in a large hexagonal jar with a blue lid, Tesco sells medium heat mango £2, Home Bargains do a mango and chilli 80p, mango and ginger 80p unopened…it’s the best chutney I have ever eaten, give it a try.

Laughing with Steve watching cooking channel…goodness what a load of butter, have you seen how much sugar she’s using,…I have told him to keep out the kitchen when I am baking….he said the will 😂

Dave..
    Hoping the bowling is on…

Sarah..
    Keep strong this evening….is it inside bowling?

Hedgehog..
    We haven’t got to mud yet..ugh…..after his sickness bout this morning he’s fine, it got us moving though..cup of tea at 5.50 a bit early….

1 parcel arrived, 1 in the next hour, one outstanding maybe another day…debating to do a spot check on the caravan and see were it’s up to….

Jean x

Stay strong fasters!

Jean – We’re the same at home when we watch the food channel! I love watching Pioneer Woman, but she makes such calorie filled stuff lol …

HH – I get tempted with the stuff from the reduced shelf too. He only buys that stuff ‘because’ its reduced! Drives me mad ..

Right, cup-a-soup time and then hold out until later this evening x

Just had a little lunch, trying to convince myself it’s enough 😂
    Sarah- how far does Gretel need to walk, do she like alot of exercise?
    DF- keep strong! Enjoy that cup a soup!
    Jean- hope they have started the caravan, it’s such a lovely day I could imagine it being lovely being away!
    Hope everyone else who’s fasting is doing okay?
    More cleaning for me in a minute to keep busy!

Viewing 50 posts - 26,001 through 26,050 (of 35,311 total)

You must be logged in to reply.