Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,801 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 1 hour, 27 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 25,851 through 25,900 (of 35,286 total)

• Picking up the baton, Sarah, along with HH… Have a lovely day!

Oh dear – HH… Sounds like it’s going to be a long one. We all slept in unusually, so still in my jammies😱

Haven’t really thought through the day, either, so I’ll need to watch I don’t fritter it away. May make it a reading and writing day ie start at the coffee shop with a book! That means I can pop to the butchers for something for the boy’s tonight.

Jean – you’ve reminded me I’ve got some mysterious old tubs of stuff in the fridge… I think they might be soups. I’ll get one out for tonight.

So, Mel – have you been brave yet? Really hope itvs not as bad as you fear and even if it is, like someone else said – jump back in.

Better stop this prerence at being a lady of leisure and get on…

Have a good day everyone.

Mx

Morning all,

Wow so many posts to keep up with!

FD for me, and exercise done 🙂 Always feel great when I do that.

Hedgehogs, just wanted to say your pics were great on FB. Thanks for sharing, you look amazing in your award picture!! xx

Morning All…
    Nothing much planned as yet…painting the bit were Steve shook the printer paint on the wall is a thought. Such an upheaval to get to my paint it’s under the stairs 😬..Steve off out to do a couple of jobs, I am walking.

Fasting for us but as Steve was saying he is going up by a pound a day!!…too much bread and large breakfasts…it’s up to him….

Hedgehog
    What an early start to a fast day….keep busy…

Sarah..
    Well done on your loss, better than you thought….I have low BP so I need more salt generally I must remember, I do up it if I go dizzy.

Minols..
    A lady of leisure in PJs 😂….enjoy your coffee shop work…I always like a good butcher..

DF..
    Have a good work day hope you are kept busy…in a nice way…..

Have a good fast day everyone or NFD for the rest….

Jean x

Oh no .. we have an office birthday. Two HUGE and I mean HUGE birthday cakes in the kitchen right behind me. I’ll sip my water .. of all days haha! Never mind, this will be a test for me.

Jean – I have low blood pressure too, and luckily LOVE salt!

Stay strong guys, its going to be harder for me now there’s cake around lol

xx

Morning all
    DF stay strong, use the force !!!
    HH nothing worse than being woken early
    Minols coffee shop and a book sounds lovely
    Jean enjoy your walk.
    Well weigh-in on the new scales!!!, has me at exactly what I started at the first time 😭, I know I have lost weight, and I would be pretty unlucky not to have lost anything in 3 weeks, eating a fraction of what I normally do, I just wish I could see it, oh well, will just need to wait till next time.
    Another 9hr shift for me, but I did get told yesterday that I am officially going to London to do the fishmonger course, so am really chuffed about that.
    Tammy x

Sarah sorry forgot to say well done to you xxx
    Tammy x

Good morning everyone, probably a FD today,not planned what meal or meals I will have.Well done to all the loosers.Its a nice sunny day today so may go bowling,it replaces my fitness class that I miss on Wednesdays.Time to take Heidi out

Tammy..
    Well done on getting on the course, very interesting …scales are a pain, I remember mine were not good on the changeover….you know you have lost, your scales we’re getting old 😬

DF..
    What a nightmare to have birthday cakes in the office on a fast day….gaffer tape? 😂…keep strong, I would struggle..

Dave..
    Enjoy your walk and bowling…beautiful out.

Jean x

One has gone already! The other has a way to go, but its going slowly. They look so good too. I’ll be strong, I just keep thinking how disappointed I’d be if I mess up.

Thanks guys x

Tammy – when you’re a qualified fishmonger you’ll know how to deal with scales! Sorry, coudn’t resist…

Feeling positive, and dare I say it, slimmer today – well, less bulky! Will I risk an early weigh in? I’m supposed to wait to the end of the month…see how the day goes and how I feel in the morning.

Nearly a third of the way through the day, fasters…resist all cake – birthday or any other kind!

Mx

DF..
    Well done keep your head down and busy….keep out the kitchen..

X

I wonder if Denise will make me a birthday cake on Monday? Hopefully not if I want to lose weight. But there again🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂.I won’t ask her to make one so should be safe.Minols have you fixed the tap? HH have you sorted your phone out? I might have a look at the plug socket later, will see

Well done Sarah!

DF, keep your head down and stay away from the cake! Think of how great you will feel resisting it. There will be other cakes! If its a family birthday cake then fair enough, but others…no go on FD 😉

HH, might be a long day for you with an early wake up. Keep busy. I meant to say, love your photos that Jean has shared for you! Its great to see what Xena looks like, you too!

Tammy, always annoying when you have to swap over on scales but new base line and will be fine going forwards. Did you jump on the old ones as well just to see if you had lost anything?

Minols, have a relaxing day, great that you can have some time for yourself with all the busy busy you normally do.

Jean, get the paint out! A job done and out of the way!

Dave, enjoy your bowling later. Its very grey here again so good to get out in the sunshine if you have it.
    My Ctronics camera has arrived so I will have a play around with that later. Just need a dog next 😀

A few of us fasting today.
    HH, Jean & Steve, Dave, DF, Minols, me!!

Best get dressed, I AM that lady of leisure in my PJs!! 🤣

Kx

I’m not fasting, someone misread my post! Wasn’t planning to anyway, but definitely couldn’t have with the early start!
    Minols- enjoy a day to yourself! Love the scales joke 😂😂
    DF- keep strong, you are doing so well, resist, resist…
    Dave- I have had a fiddle with my phone, deleted some videos & apps, & I think the emails are working…
    Jean- I’m sure you’ll find plenty to do on your FD, keep strong, Steve too if he’s joining you?
    Kay- have fun with the camera! Are there any other dog breeds which appeal?
    Tammy- well done getting on the course! Shame about the scales…
    Sarah- hope you’re having fun with your granddaughter! Well done to you 👍
    Thanks for the compliments on the photos- Xena is slimmer but I am not 😂 have not done very well maintaining, put on a few pounds in the build up to Christmas & then quite a few more over Christmas unfortunately 🐷 stayed the same this week too, after today will have hopefully a low day tomorrow, & then a week of 800cals going up to my birthday.
    Managed a short nap, then an extra long walk in the forest with Xena, let her choose the way!
    Keep strong fasters!

Ambled me way in to the office and discovered a really significant, challenging report in my inbox – wasn’t expecting it for another day at least! Thought they’d be wise and not release it until after a meeting tonight which is supposed to be about other stuff but which will inevitable now get taken up with this! It’s a really good report, really needed, but the second part (actions) will not be released until next week, so it inevitably sparks speculation and gum-flapping. Oh well!

SWhouldn’t have felt so good about the FD earlier…VERY hungry now! I guess it’s another cup of decaf…
    Mx

The support here is amazing 🙂 Stay strong fasters!

I am sat sitting feeling tired and very hungry…I need to get the blocker paint spray out and bring it to room temperature before I can use it…so that won’t be done today…

Daughter will be ringing shortly as she was busy yesterday…then park walk as we haven’t been today..

Dave..
    Are you going out for your birthday?

Kay..
    Have a lazy day..why not…..my paint job extends to the Block spraying the kitchen too…splashed fat on my walls again, I shall have to buy some kitchen paint which I can wash, never had this problem before, I don’t like the paint I used.

Hedgehog..
    A lovely long walk for you this morning ..I was thinking on the same lines and Steve changed his plans, so returned home…I feel starving so strange.

DF..
    Well done..

Jean x

I had a couple of hours bowling, the green was very wet but playable. I was on my own then a man who I later found out plays for the team nearest to where I live joined me. He has had a replacement hip so he is trying to get fit again. He is a good bowler and we play his team second game of the season. Depending on which team we are in.We have an A team and another team.I think the A team is in the lower league, don’t ask me why. I think that’s probably the team I will be playing in, the two I usually play with are moving up to the higher league team. Still not had anything to eat so it’s officially a FD 😁.Yes we are going out for my birthday, will go to the place Denise had her birthday meal, it was very good. No idea what to have for my tea.

So back in action FD800 going ok. Just done my plank challenge, that was fine but dread to think what day 30 would be like!
    Some good walking and fasting going on, well done everyone.
    Tammy we have got really old scales but I don’t want to change them, I think they are ok although Paul wants to change. I don’t like the thought of some new ones throwing me with a different weight, it doesn’t take much to throw me! You’ll just have to tough it out! You will soon get back on track. Well done on the course too.
    Well I bit the bullet and weighed myself this morning. Five pounds on 😳. Not surprised cos I could see it one me. So stupid, only two pounds on over Christmas and lost that easily then I go and put five on over about two weeks. I am hoping it’s a case of “quick on, quick off”. Going to done some ADF. Don’t feel strong enough for B2Bs.
    Feel free Dave to put me on the list, think I need the push!
    Oh and DF, hope all the cake has gone, but not into you!

hello lovely people, been busy at work trying not to strangle my co worker. Fasting and annoying people do not mix! I took myself out for a walk in my 30 min lunch break and drank my cup o soup at my desk, which worked well so might do that on my fast days when the weather is good.

Im starving but glugging water in the hope my other half is going to make me a lush tea within my cals or near enuff!

You all sound like you are keeping busy and keeping up the fasting yay go us!

x

Feeling peckish now, not long to fooooooooood😋.Not easy these back to back fast days. I hope I lose this week to make up for my birthday next week.I might do a Jean tomorrow and have haddock and chips 😋😋😋.

Afternoon everyone, did a long post and it’s disappeared🤔Maybe it’ll turn up.
    Hope everyone is doing okay whether fasting or not today. Some good weight losses reported on here.
    Nana x

Sounds as if today’s fasters are carrying that baton high despite temptations of birthday cakes and the like.

Well done to you too Tammy. You know you’ve lost well but you just can’t see it because of the scale change. Annoying but it doesn’t change the loss and congrats on the fishmonger’s course. I bet it will be very interesting xxx

My little granddaughter has sadly not had a great day. She was hugely sick on the 20 minute journey back to ours. Honestly she’s a little dab and I can’t quite believe the deluge. A complete change of clothes and everything washed and dried including coat and car seat cover. Poor little mite and luckily I have spare joggers and hoodie here. Picked them up in the gap sale in Brighton on Saturday and thank goodness for that. Not herself at all. Very much wanting to see mummy which she never mentions at all normally. She obvs has some of gastric cold/flu thing. A strange old day. My daughter will stay off work tomorrow now.

Just eaten too many walnuts. I am a nut freak. I know they are good for me but also fattening. We have jacket potatoes, with red cabbage and cauliflower cheese tonight. A slightly weird combo but I was going to pot roast a pheasant that has been languishing in the freezer for sometime but didn’t take it out of the freezer in time so I’ve switched it around and will do it tomorrow with green beans and roasted potatoes (minimal for me) tomorrow night.

So we’re headed into the last week of dull and cold January. Spring is almost round the corner. I want to be confident in my skin and in my clothes and this works. So keep on the job fasters. Tomorrow is another day as Scarlet said.

Evening All…
    Kitchen closed roll on breakfast…it has been a hard one for me today….

Dave ..
    A good afternoon bowling..must burn some calories up….hope you don’t ache too much. Enjoy your haddock tomorrow..it’s not on for us I don’t think.

Mel..
    Mel let’s hope it’s quick on quick off….it will be off in a couple of weeks…

Crisp..
    You made it through the day..good idea a walk and soup….

Nana..
    It’s so annoying to loose a post…I don’t know why…

Sarah..
    Hoping the little one is much better tomorrow..it’s hard when there’s not a lot you can do…lucky on the clothes.
    A pheasant don’t think I have ever tried it…different….lamb steaks for us tomorrow, new potatoes, veg.

DF..
    Did you survive the cake…I was thinking about you….

Have a good night…

Jean x

I must try and make my food last longer on fast days 👹👹👹.Not aching at the moment so hope it stays that way. Jean you have me thinking about lamb steaks now, sounds nice. Mint sauce and Yorkshire’s.😋😋😋

Dave….It’s not a dinner without Yorkshire’s 😂
    X

Waiting for eldest to get home so I can dish up his dinner…
    Have eaten rather alot today 😡😬 early start has given me serious hunger! Went to an antiques shop this afternoon, may go back for a big purchase for the garden, will have to measure up! Stopped at a farm shop & cafe for a scone – they were massive! And had fish & chips tonight, but did at least share a portion!
    Well done to all the fasters!

Evening all, work finished again till tomorrow.
    Minols, very funny made me lol.
    Everyone seems to be having a good day, I’m in good company with HH, but her fish and chips sounds better than my chilli, FD tomorrow, may try a b2b, will see how it goes, I need it after today, how is it possible to eat barely nothing all day and be fine, and then want to eat my own arm when I can eat normally, I don’t get it 🤷‍♀️.
    Legs and back are starting to complain at all the standing, these 9hr shifts take their toll.
    Well done the fasters
    Who’s with me tomorrow?
    Tammy x

Good evening

Had a bit of a rough night last night think it was something i ate but will leave it there so today hasn’t been a FD though I have only eaten once.

Hopefully the one FD i have done this week will be very kind to me when I step on the scales at the weekend.

Good luck to all of you that have fasted today just remember it’s only for one day and you can eat normally tomorrow

Hmmm, just looked back for my last update post I did yesterday, but I cant see it 🤔

Another missing post perhaps…

So here is what I think it is, correct it if its wrong!

Update on January progress:

Dave -6 lbs
    Nana -4
    HH -3
    Sarah -4.4
    Kay -2
    Typh00 -1
    Anabelle -1
    Jean -1
    Steve(jean) +1

Weigh in tomorrow for a few of us and one more week left of January!

Well I managed another 800 cal today, just, so thats my 3 in a row done.
    Im going to try a do 800 ADF for this coming week. Tomorrow is a nfd but as Im working I wont be eating til mid afternoon, so a short eating window.

Sounds like everyone else has done ok too. Baton being handed over to Tammy, anyone else?

Sarah, hope your grand daughter is better tomorrow. That sounded a bit of a nightmare! Lets hope that spring is indeed round the corner although I fear we may see some more bad weather yet.

Typhoo, hope you feel better. Your extended fast earlier in the week will hopefully help this week.

HH, did you go to bed early to make up for the early wake this morning? Hopefully it will be a better nights sleep for you both.

Nana, are you out for lunch tomorrow?

Cath, well done, the walk and the cup a soup obviously helped.

Tammy, good luck for tomorrow. Keep strong.

Minols, how did the meeting go? Hope it wasnt too heated or controversial!

Jean, how long is the caravan out of action for?
    Wonder what Charlie will make of the big dally rally?

DF, did you manage to avoid the cake?

Mel, did you fast today or are you fasting tomorrow?

CW, hope you are ok. Thinking about you.
    Anabelle, feeling any better?

Have a good Friday all. x

Morning all.
    Didn’t end quite so well last night, but don’t think I’ve completely ruined it.

So a controlled day today, meetings should help, and judging the Burns comp at the primary school. Takeaway as usual tonight so that will be a caesar salad or snaffling a couple of pieces of the boy’s pizza (he hates it when I do that!)

Have a good day everyone.
    Mx

Hello Friday and friends

Please can you put 2 pebbles in the jar for me today thank you.

Back in the game

CW

Morning everyone,

Cakey .. great loss, amazing!

My weight was the same this morning, a bit frustrating, but at least not a gain. Did a text book FD yesterday, and avoided the cake completely. There’s still some left this morning I notice, but weirdly being a NFD I don’t feel tempted yet, how weird!

Have a good day everyone, and good luck anyone fasting x

Together we are stronger, as someone wise once said 🙂 xx

Good morning people.I am up early for the cricket but unfortunately it’s rain stop play ☹️.I lost one pound this week so still going in the right direction.Happy with that, I try to lose one pound per week, that’s my target. I will have to work hard to lose next week with it being my birthday.

Morning All…
    A dull day…we are going to Clumber Park again in Nottingham, a good walk in the forest and coffee…lunch out if we can find a dog friendly.

Steve the same ..I have put 1lb on…I am still under goal but I am chasing wriggle room pounds…maintaining is worse than loosing….

Hedgehog..
    Its good to have a day off, everything sounded very lovely…a blow out is good once in a while….

Tammy..
    Long days shop work…hope you feel better today….are you trying for a B2B…

Tyhpoo..
    Hope you feel better today…

Kay..
    I don’t think I have spoilt the jar….must try harder…three 800 on the trot you seem to be back into it….Passing the caravan place today, we are going to see were it’s up too, two weeks now 😬

Minols..
    Have a good time at school…

Dave..
    Well done on the pound off…

Sarah..
    Hope the little one is back to herself…..they bounce back quickly…

Off shortly catch you all pm…..have a good day fasters and NDFs too

Jean x

Kay I need to go on the list +5lb. Good FD800 yesterday, mindful today and another FD tomorrow.
    Jean, enjoy Clumber Park, we loved it last year.
    Dave, was just about to put the cricket on when I read your post – hopefully some on later. You are doing really well, I think on the path to lose more than two stone this year, just watch it a little bit on the holidays!
    Have a good day everyone, fasting or not.
    Oh, did my plank challenge already. Ok but think I will struggle as it goes on.

Mel the holidays will be my downfall.But there is no way I will take things easy on holiday, if I gain a stone on holiday so be it.Hopefully this year I will have from the middle of June to December to lose weight. Don’t think we’re going away in September.I must stop eating toast, I have had it three times this week at midnight 😖😖🥴.Got wet dog walking but it’s not cold. Sick of all the weather forecasts saying snow, not had any and hopefully won’t get any.

Dave – Thought that when I wrote about holidays, I am a fine one to talk. They are too precious to worry about food (and beer!) intake. BTW cricket due to start 11.20 our time.

Hi all!
    Well done Dave & Cakey on the losses…well done to DF, Minols, Kay, Sarah, Tammy, Typhoo & Mel staying strong on FDs/ getting back into it…sorry probably forgotten someone!
    Typhoo- hope you feel better soon.
    Jean- have a nice day out, hope they’re getting on with the caravan….shame about the pound.
    Sarah- hope granddaughter is better.
    Tammy- very long days for you on your feet.
    Just heard that the baby in my HS family is very seriously ill, it doesn’t look good…

Sat at therapist in Warrington,my son’s just gone in, so I am day having a cuppa 😁. Might watch the cricket on my phone.

Good afternoon all

Feeling much more like myself today and have my appetite back to normal thanks everyone for the well wishes.

Dave

A pound loss is always a positive result and going in the right direction at least.

I’ve worked out i would ideally like to lose two and a half stone which will make me 12 stone which I haven’t been since I was a teenager.

Cricket was good, they have gone for tea now, watched it all on my not sure what I am having for tea, could be haddock and chips but could be lamb or who knows, see what I fancy in Sainsbury’s.

Evening All..
    First time I have sat down all day….lovely morning at Clumber forest accept we got lost and it was a longer walk..cafe and cake stop…..nightmare with the caravan it’s been in two weeks and they haven’t even started anything I was cross, they promised it will be started on Monday.
    Found a dog friendly pub so had our dinner there so no cooking tonight 😀…walk around the park tonight….poor Charlie has had a hours sleep he’s shattered…

Mel..
    The plank challenge sounds very difficult…

Dave..
    I will second fed up with wrong forecasts…beautiful here so mild…Haddock and chips for me in the pub at lunch time, very nice…lamb tomorrow ..

Hedgehog..
    Poor baby so poorly, is it a condition she has or caught something….Hope she soon improves….
    I must get my head on NFDs, that’s were I am falling…posted your photo told them what you told me 😀

Typhoo..
    Glad you are feeling better…and you have a goal in mind….

We are meeting up with daughter and SIL for lunch tomorrow at a garden centre, maybe tea cake or something small……Charlie staying at home only for a couple of hours.

Jean x

Haddock and chips for me too.Bursting now.Just a day on the motorway today.

Evening all

A good day, just doing jobs etc. Just opened bottle of red after no alcohol since Monday. Little one much better today a 24 hour thing but daughter at home so free pass for the day. We have made the most of it. Lowish today though a roast dinner tonight will change that. My updated copy of 5/2 by Dr M has arrived today and will be reading for motivation. I did have a copy, maybe not the revised one but can’t find it. Might have given it to someone.

Kay thank you for keeping track of us all. And well done on 3x800days. I remember back in the day when we supported each other on liquid only, zero cal days. Do you ever do one of those now?

Cakey great stuff on 2 off esp with everything going on. Dave too. I was and will always be happy with a pound down.

Jean, sounds a nice day. So good to be at maintenance and you’re bound to fluctuate a bit. I’m sure you’ll get the wriggle room you want. Hope to be joining you in long term maintenance in the not too distant future.

Steve, glad you’re feeling better and it’s good to have a goal. As well as the tracker I have a list of interim goals written down.

DF frustrating but natural fluctuations means your willpower doesn’t necessarily show immediately. You’re due a whoosh.

HH oh no re baby! What’s wrong with him/her. Sending all positive thoughts and wishes that it has a positive outcome. Are they a family you support through your church?

Mel, 5 is a blip. Hard after Christmas to get on track but seems you’re resolved and determined now. The Woman is back!

Everyone else, have a good Friday night and hang on in there.

I have a dinner to go for a friends birthday tomorrow night and walk with pub lunch with family on Sunday. Determined not to go OTT like last weekend. I can still eat nice food, have a few glasses and not wreck it. It’ll be much easier for the next couple of weeks and not much on.

As someone once said, ‘stick with it, in 6 months’ time, you’ll be so pleased you did.’ That takes us nicely to July I think…..

Evening everyone,
    Just enjoyed our usual Friday night takeaway curry 🍛 and a couple of glasses of wine.
    Hedgehogs lovely photo you and of baby Xena on Facebook. Any news on the baby.
    Jean a busy day for you hopefully caravan will be dealt with quickly now.
    We’ve got our annual village meal tomorrow night in which a free four course meal plus as much wine as you can drink followed by a pantomime is provided for all village residents 60 yrs and over. It’s a fantastic evening but I tend to take my own low alcohol wine as your wine glass gets topped up frequently.
    Dave hope your son is finding his counselling sessions to be beneficial.
    Enjoy your weekend everyone looks like I’ll be having BTB again Sunday and Monday.
    Nanax

Hi all
    I forgot to take my phone to work so am trying to catch up on all the posts, I have managed my FD but could of easily wobbled, but have stayed strong, should be ok now, still not sure about tomorrow, will see how it pans out.
    Tammy x

Late check in from me!

Just 1 lb off, a bit disappointing with my 3 x 800 days but lets see what next week brings!

Worked all day so didnt eat until 6ish but I have had wine! And a few rums…tomorrow is an 800 day!

Mel and CW, Im not going to add you in to the list as its only been a week to week check, but maybe good to add you in at the end of the month with Minols as a check on how we have done since beginning of January…

Kx

Update on January progress:

Dave -7 lbs
    Nana -4
    Sarah -4.4
    HH -3
    Kay -3
    Typh00 -1
    Steve(jean) +1

Checking in at the end of the month:
    Minols, Cakey Wakey and Mel

Viewing 50 posts - 25,851 through 25,900 (of 35,286 total)

You must be logged in to reply.