Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,906 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 18 hours, 34 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 25,701 through 25,750 (of 35,392 total)

• Thanks Tammy, like I say it’s all new to me. Definitely private group and hidden.

Afternoon!
    Dave- enjoy the sun & the bowling! Long day for you, being up so early! I put a bit of sweetener in porridge, or fruit. Eldest likes it with nutella, youngest with maple syrup & fruit.
    Jean- I can hopefully manage to fast today, ate lots yesterday 😂 hope you get the ironing!
    Tammy- well done for yesterday, hope the day goes quickly if you’re doing B2B FDs.
    Nana- keep strong too, nice to have the company on a FD. Bombay duck for dogs- bet that was fun the next day 😂
    Mel- how are you doing?
    Had a beach walk with Xena- she was awful in the car again after 4 days of being much better 😬 but had a lovely walk- met a chap with a similar aged lab, dogs played together nicely. He told us his partner has had a stroke & can’t talk, so we felt sorry for him, he was very chatty, walked all the way with him. Just got back to the car park & along came a runaway horse- walk away really, it wasn’t going very fast, so caught that. Hubby kept Xena well out the way! Apparently the rider was okay, someone collected it.
    Soup for lunch, playing a game with mum & sis soon, hope she doesn’t get the dates out again!
    Keep strong Tammy & Nana!

Afternoon All..
    Hair done so glad about that…makes you feel better…..

Charlie is driving us nuts today just wants to play…maybe another walk needed ….just told him to chill out.

Nana..
    Looks like I don’t have to worry with a bit of curry for Charlie, he does like a touch. Good luck for Tuesday weigh in.

Tyhpoo..
    A rattle in the jar tomorrow..good luck to you too.

Tammy..
    Pleased you are feeling better and you are back in action. Two days fasting, keep strong today, keep busy.

Hedgehog..
    Ironing still there…been watching James Martin…poor Xena not liking the car or is just excited to be going somewhere…a lovely beach walk too far away for us…goodness the horse, hope the rider was fine…hope the afternoon goes well with Mum…

Good luck to the Saturday fasters……shhh Charlie has gone to sleep, he took the hint…

Jean x

Can’t keep up with all the posts! Thanks Tammy re FB info. That makes sense. One question, if I post a photo now from my album, it just says post to Facebook. Does that mean it goes in FBBs and my day to day one too but only you lot can see it? Love your pets!
    Everyone seems to be doing so well. I am just sinking back into every bad habit. Where has the woman who lost 2 stone last year gone? I want her back. Away Monday to Wednesday night, after that I must go and find the woman I was. Rambling now…..

Booked tickets for the cycling on the 25th January.

Mel..
    If you post on FBB it will go on your usual FB and FBB…

If you post on your usual FB it won’t go on FBB

I think…

Jean x

Still here but not posting at the moment.
    Not in a good place with PMR and auto immune arthritis.
    Still reading posts though.

Annabelle

Dave..
    Thanks…he can eat what’s left but I won’t do it again…it’s very marginal talking about grains over the 7 portions…no garlic or onion.

Something to look forward to the cycling…

Annabelle..
    Hope you soon feel better and the pain subsides…take care and rest up.

Jean x

Mel, if you post a picture on our fat busting page, only we will see it, it will show on your normal facebook that you posted to us, but only you see that, even though it looks like it’s on your normal feed. If you post a picture on your normal page, everyone will see it, depending on what your security settings are, you can change it from all to friends and friends of friends, friends only or totally private. But what ever we are posting on our fat busting page, no-one but us are seeing x

At break just noe, am staying strong, talk later
    Tammy x

Dave- love watching cycling, I’m envious!
    Jean- well done you colouring your hair yourself, my bathroom was a disaster zone when I used to try 😂 Glad Charlie has settled!
    Mel- she’ll come back, hopefully! Keep looking…
    Annabelle- that’s rough, are you on immunosuppressive drugs as well as the steroids? Thinking of you…
    Tammy & Nana- hope you’re doing okay?
    Mum got the dates out again, sis had one but I resisted this time, I think my guestimate was about right, 100 cals in each one! Staying lighter a bit longer so had time to go with hubby & Xena at the park. Had to get the spray ready, a woman was there with her belgian shepherd, it’s not friendly & chased Xena, the woman was getting panicky but luckily Xena ignored it & it went away.
    Getting pretty hungry now, over an hour until dinner, so had one of the fibre1 cake things & a cuppa, taken the edge off!

Just been out with Heidi,brrrrrr it’s cold,had to put hat and gloves on.Had a good hour bowling,gym on Monday then bowling on Wednesday.Got tickets to see the Four Tops and the Temptations in November.Hermans Hermits in march.Couldnt get tickets for the finals of the cycling,sold out. But the qualifications should be good.

Hedgehog..
    What’s the spray you use and what’s it for?…I can’t wait for the summer nights we used to go out after 7 pm I found it so relaxing……it is getting a lot lighter now, dark hits about 4.35 for us…..

I do my hair in the kitchen, mirror at the front and another mirror on my ironing board at the back of me, I have done it so long now, takes me about 35 mins to do it all, combing small partings as I go..must admit I put my painting dust sheets on the floor, I am messy.

Goodness dates at 100cal…my Christmas dates with marzipan inside and covered in plain chocolate…a couple at a time oops…😂…so nice.

Dave..
    A lot of music things booked…nice to look forward to it…

Jean x

I enjoyed my smaller portion of homemade pie with green beans, cabbage and carrots. Been practicing Spanish on my phone, still not got the hang of Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday, Saturday and Sunday easy Monday ok Friday so-so.I have not been to watch cycling live since the 60s,so that will be good. Roast chicken tomorrow,fast day Monday and Thursday,low day Wednesday Tuesday don’t know.

Quiet tonight, everyone busy?

Sorry Mel ment to say, you have to be on our page to post to the group, you can do it the other way but it’s a bit fiddly.
    Work was fine and I have managed another FD, although I have had 2 cups of tea, with milk, but I’ll take it as a win.
    Hi Dave, we must be the ones with nothing exciting to do this evening, I’m away to watch the film Coach Carter, Samuel Jackson, it was recommended to me.
    I cannot tell you how much I am looking forward to my breakfast tomorrow, a nice healthy fry up, but done in the oven, and sirloin steak for tea, can you tell I’m hungry lol.
    Tammy x

Morning all!
    Quick post- have to be in Church extra early to do refreshments, & need to walk Xena 1st.
    Have a good day everyone, catch up later!

Good morning all,

Had my weigh in this morning and haven’t lost anything this time but haven’t gained either so no money put in the pot.

Tried the birds eye vegetarian burgers for my tea yesterday and I would definitely recommend them to any veggies here.

Good luck to any fasters out there I’ll be doing my usual Monday and Thursday this week and hopefully see some good results next weigh in

Quick post, thanks Tammy for FB info. Have posted some piccies. Think I have got it now!

Morning All…
    A very cold morning watched the frost appear on the cars as morning came..-2 outside very cold for my little boy….

Roast chicken dinner tonight, left over for fasting tomorrow…

Hedgehog..
    Have a good morning hope all goes well with the refreshments…

Tyhpoo..
    Always good to maintain and re balance the body….

Mel..
    Hope you have got it now…I am still learning….enjoy your fry up and sirloin tonight…delicious

Dave..
    Good Denise listened and gave you a smaller portion and you enjoyed it more….porridge for me this morning….something around the ribs 😂

❄️Park walk in a minute ❄️

Have a good day….

Jean x

Morning
    Very frosty here, but lovely, washing on.
    Breakfast also on, I cant wait, I shall enjoy it.
    HH early start for you, have a good day.
    Typh00 at least you maintained that’s good.
    Jean hope it’s not too cold on your walk.
    I’m going boot shopping with my daughter ordered her winter boots and they never turned up.
    Catch up with everyone else later
    Tammy x

Good afternoon, sunny day but cold.Steve I would change your day for your weigh-in.I do Monday and Thursday fasts but with weighing in Friday it allows you a little leeway at the weekend.Nothing planned for today. I hope everyone is sorted on the FB group, the way it works. It’s new to me as well.

Afternoon All..
    A most beautiful warm morning at the park…ground frost so not muddy!…I can’t get my head around all this wrong weather forecast…not complaining this morning.

Just prepared dinner so all set to go later..a walk before..football on so no help there…

Tammy..
    Good luck on the boots hope you can find some in the sales….it could be a nightmare if it was my youngest, she used to do every shop then go back to the first, still she is no better now 30 years on 😂

Dave..
    Thanks for organising the FB group just nice just for pictures…it looks as if all ok…

I have decided to go over a few books which match up to Michael Mosleys way of thinking to put me back on track and remind me why I am doing this way of life…

Jean x

Watch the program on BBC iPlayer think it’s on there Jean.Or is it YouTube.Just watching cricket, doing ok at the moment. Will watch Liverpool v United later.

Afternoon
    Boots bought, was very good and had a coffee and half a scone, shared with my mum. A new set of scales jumped in my trolley, they were being sold off cheap in lidl, can connect to an app etc, glad I got them , after I did my daughter said the old ones said she was 4 stones lol , no way no how, is my daughter that. So good excuse for buying the new ones, just hope I dont gain 2 stones, cant finish setting them up till .
    Thursday as I have to weigh myself, and dont want to till then.
    Jean sorry I’m thick and cannot figure out who you are on the fb page?
    Dave enjoy your cricket.
    Quiet on here today, sure everyone is enjoying their weekend.
    Steak and potatoes for tea, then I am headed to a friends tonight, probably crisps and dip 🤦‍♀️
    FD tomorrow, am getting a scan in the afternoon to look for gallstones, and cant eat for 6hrs before, so good day to fast.
    Right better go sort the laundry.
    Tammy x

Tammy- sounds like a successful day, can I have your old scales, 4 stone sounds appealing 😂. Enjoy your dinner & evening out!
    Dave- hope cricket & football are good, a roast tonight?
    Jean- did you wrap Charlie up well?! Xena doesn’t notice the cold at all. Hope the chicken’s good, we’re having that too..
    Typhoo- shame about no loss, but no gain either at least!
    Hope everyone else’s okay…
    Feeling quite weary, on my feet alot doing refreshments, washing up, 2 walks & then cooking this afternoon! Mum’s coming shortly. Have eaten too much as usual on a nonFD- at least I’m doing 5 days fasting & only 2 eating 😂😂

My weekend has been NFDs with a bang I’m afraid. Def over tdee all 3 days. I will be back fasting tomorrow and will try for lowish on other days. I just hope I haven’t compromised my 3lb loss 😩 by basically throwing caution to the wind.

Nice walk today in the sun, having to constantly move for cyclists who sometimes say thank you but often don’t, like they own the path. I did call out ‘you’re welcome’ after moving myself and Gretel for an especially rude one. 😤Is it just Sussex ones or is it everywhere? I do notice it more here I think and rude drivers. I lived in Essex for a while and despite the stereotypes I am sure drivers were more courteous there. Anyway probably the walk cancelled about about half an hour of weekend food activity!

Cakey so sorry to hear about your MIL. At least you know you did what you could for her and I am sure your kindness meant the world to her.

Mel, you are that woman. She’s just had a little consolidating siesta. Ready for action again! 😇

Tammy, good luck tomorrow for scan. Maybe that is related to the loo prob you have sometimes.

Jean, marzipan stuffed, dark choc covered dates are my idea of heaven. I am a date fanatic and try not to buy them or I just want to eat the lot.

Have a good end of weekend everyone. Tomorrow is another day…..

Evening All..
    Most lovely dinner can it hold me at bay till next Friday 😂…fasting with the rest of the chicken tomorrow with salad, must be low all week to fasting Thursday…

Tammy..
    Glad you got the boots and scales..I hope they are kind to you…always seems iffy on changeover…I have left you a message on FB so you know who I am…I have a bob haircut, with glasses ….

Hedgehog..
    What’s the spray you use on Xena would it work on humping?
    Looks like feet up and rest a most busy day for you….

Sarah…
    We don’t have many cyclists more runners, still we move away from their running path, Charlie leaves them alone…interesting today a lady on roller skates, I used to love that but if I fell I don’t think I could get up now but it would give Charlie a good run 😂

I do my marzipan sweets for Christmas unbelievably tasty…a late friend used to make them, I always think of him.

Jean x

Evening everyone,
    Yesterdays FD didn’t happen as I was just not coping with the hunger – so abandoned it but still managed to keep the calories lowish. Today however I sailed through with no problems – have just had some Tuna Pasta bake with a salad and there’s enough leftover for tomorrow as well which will mean doing btb FDs.
    Sarah cyclists around here are a nightmare – we live near to the Cambridge Guided Busway which runs from Cambridge to St Ives a total of 12 miles and has a lovely path beside it for walkers , cyclists and horse riding. Only problem is that the lycra clad cyclists use it for doing time trials with no regard for other ordinary cyclists like my husband and myself or walkers and horse riders. Weekends are the worst as a lot of cycling groups are always on there and they are so rude and yell at you to get out of their way makes me so angry 😠
    Love seeing the photos on Facebook by the way.
    Tammy best of luck for tomorrow.
    Hedgehogs a busy day – enjoy being with your mum.
    Enjoy the rest of the evening everyone and here’s to a good week for us all.
    Nana xxx

The cyclists round here are terrible,they don’t use the roads half the time,they use pavements instead.One gave me a dirty look so I said to him if you are too scared to use the road like you are supposed to get a bus instead.I too had roast chicken with Yorkshire’s.I volunteered to wash the pots while the football was on.Chicken was good,Heidi had everything except the breast.

Jean, Tammy looking for you made me have a look through the site. You seem to have disappeared?

Nana..
    Well done on today strange how some days are easier, have a good day tomorrow..

Mel..
    I have just posted again…I am here 😂…strange I seem to get more on my iPad, than my phone, I don’t understand that..showing Steve some of the pictures didn’t show on my phone…

Jean x

Praise be to YouTube,I cleaned the oven door and the inside glass needed doing,so I looked on YouTube and the answer was so simple, then after I cleaned it couldn’t get it back on 🥵👹. Eventually did it so all good now.Xena is so cute HH.

Jean, your lovely picture of you and Charlie in the cafe is on my normal FB page but not our FBB page. I think you have to press Facebook then Next, which will bring up FBB site so you post it on there. Tammy will correct me if I am wrong hopefully! I love Charlie – I have never met a Dalmatian,
    Thanks to all who have posted support, we are away until Wednesday night now and I am determined that my missing ‘woman who can’ is coming back from Kent with me, set for a renewed onslaught on Thursday. Think I will need lots of cheerleading though 😂

Mel it is on our FB page,I just checked.

Mel, Jeans photo will show on your FB as well as in our group as you are a member of the private group….it wont show on anyone elses normal fb feed, just those of us in the group.

Went out on the beach this afternoon for a walk, potter around the rocks and rock pools. Lovely.

I think Im finally shifting this virus and my voice is back!

Sadly, it hasnt stopped me eating 😁

Neil and I are going out for a walk to tomorrow, maybe lunch out, so Tuesday will be my FD along with Thursday.

Whos fasting tomorrow….Monday?

Kx

I am.

I am

Good morning,up early again for the cricket.Makes the fast day much harder but got to be done.Gym later too at 3pm.Good luck to all the fasters.

Morning all!
    Dave- what did you clean the oven door with, elbow grease & anything else? I’ve got the door clean, but can’t get the roof clean, any oven cleaner stuff drips off!
    Jean- we’ve got the adaptil collar for Xena, they do a spray as well, we thought it was helping to start with but not so sure after a few days 😂 If you could get near Charlie a water pistol might do the job?! It’s probably quite an established habit, might be excitement or dominance…it is pretty normal dog behaviour though, he’ll get told off by other doggies! Hope Steve’s with you for you low week?!
    Nana- well done with your Sunday FD!
    Sarah- unfortunately cyclists can be quite rude here too! Hubby had a run in with a big group once, they’d all gathered at the exit to the forest car park, blocking the road & wouldn’t move! Hope your FD goes well today!
    Kay- glad the virus is going, have a nice lunch out today, hopefully nice enough for another beach walk?
    Tammy- hope your FD goes well too!
    Minols- you were probably busy all weekend, are you joining the mass Monday fast?
    Typhoo- did you see your daughter over the weekend?
    Mel- have a good trip!
    DF- are you back with us again too?
    Cakey- thinking of you, lots to sort out…
    Cath- hope your Yorkshire weekend was good!
    Anbabelle- hope you can stick with this, keep with us!
    A pile of washing up awaits us this morning, spent time with mum rather than do it last night…although I did fall asleep when we put the TV on! I’m joining the fast, hopefully a few days of 800cals again.

Morning all,

Yes, definitely joining the fasters today! Week 3 for me, and I’m so glad I’ve got into this again.

Its so cold … keep warm and stay strong!

Catch up later x

Morning All..
    A bright day again…

I think it might of been a garage day but with a bit of a nudge and push we are off to a Doncaster park which another dog walker recommended 😀…like to get some movement in on a fast day….he can do garage stuff it later…

Kay..
    You are so lucky to be near the beach, especially now when not many holidaymakers about…glad you are on the mend..enjoy your day out and lunch…

Dave..
    Enjoy the cricket and gym later….

Hedgehog..
    The water would maybe help, forgot about that I used to squirt him when he was in rubbish bins in the summer..water bottle back with us 😀…washing day not the best with ironing to follow 😬…

We are both doing a low week, Steves no choice he gets what I give him but we usually discuss it 😂..cold chicken tonight…

DF..
    A good few fasting today…I do like a mass fast…

Jean x

Yes I’m fasting today too and boy do I need it. Eating too much food does not make me feel good. Such a change in how I feel from before the weekend. Hoping not too much damage but will see on Thursday.

DF, well done on completing 3 weeks back. Gives you confidence to be entrenched into it like that. I think this is about determination and confidence which leads to persistence and long term success.

HH, I heard of something over the weekend which chimed with your story regarding young men getting into difficulty through no fault of their own. Our next door neighbour’s son was punched in the street while leaving his church. He has some sort of apprenticeship with their church actually and so was leaving work. He is just 17 and a lovelier boy you couldn’t wish to meet. He is polite, confidently chatty and friendly and just lovely in every way. I’ve only heard this second hand through OH but we both know it can only have been entirely unprovoked. Anyway it must have been some punch because he has had to have several scans and can only see out of one eye. Luckily there does not appear to be long term damage but what an awful thing to happen to him. It’s by the by to this story but his mum died of breast cancer when he was only 6, a long time before we moved here and his dad has done a great job with him and his two older sisters. That fact seems to add to the poignancy of this somehow. Anyhow he will be ok, physically at least.

Have a good day fasters and everyone.

HH I used Cillit Bang limescale and grime,plus elbow grease.Got to do the shelves next,Got Oven Pride for that but not got any gloves so will have to get some before I can do it. England won the cricket 😁, Feeling a little hungry so I will have a shower then take Heidi out. It’s supposed to be very cold tonight so stay warm everyone.

Not as cold here today, thankfully dry, a good walk with Xena, still got the roasting tin etc to wash, then hopefully we can have a look & think about where we might go on holiday! Our 30th wedding anniversary in November, so we should celebrate that!

Just popped in to keep up with news.
    Am doing a reduced calorie day today and trying to come in under 800.

HH thank you for keeping me in mind. Nice to know I haven’t been forgotten.

Blood test tomorrow so maybe will know if steroid reduction can continue.

Am being referred to a rheumatologist but waiting list is very long.

Keep strong everyone.

Annabelle

It’s out 45th so hence the cruise. Feeling hungry but will resist until 5pm at the earliest. We went on a cruise for our fortieth so give it a go HH.I was always worried about being seasick but the ship is that big you don’t notice of its rough.Time to take Heidi out.

Afternoon
    FD whether I want to or not for having my scan, DF know exactly what you mean, I’m glad to be back at it, and have the support of you lovely people, and you’ve no choice but to put up with my prattling lol.
    Sarah I’m the same as you, and feeling it as well.
    Dave and HH such big Anniversaries well done to both. Its my 50th and hubby’s 60th birthday’s this year, not sure if we can afford to do anything, hubby doesn’t work due to his 2 stuffed up knees, which they wont fix cause hes too young and over weight!!!!, and hes not able to do anything that involves a lot of walking, so we a stuffed really.
    Annabelle good luck with the blood test.
    Jean enjoy the new park.
    Minols, typh00, cakey ,cath, kay hope your day is going well, sorry if I’ve missed anyone.
    Tammy x

Dave- I’d love a cruise, hubby not so keen! Lots of lovely places in the UK though, so I don’t mind.
    Annabelle- don’t know if it’s possible for you, but if you pay privately just to see the consultant (about £200ish), then you jump that bit of the queue, & can have all the tests & treatments on the NHS; hubby had to do that a few years ago for his heart, he’d have had to wait months otherwise!
    Pretty hungry, having popcorn for lunch & have had loads of tea!

Viewing 50 posts - 25,701 through 25,750 (of 35,392 total)

You must be logged in to reply.