Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,893 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 1 hour, 52 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 25,651 through 25,700 (of 35,379 total)

• Dave, if you think we are all in, you can make it private. It cant be searchable then, so we wont get requests from people not here in our group.

Evening everyone,
    A big thank you to Save for setting up the Facebook group – so lovely to see all the photos of you and not forgetting your pets.
    Haven’t had a bad day food wise – a nice breakfast brunch and then nothing until 6pm which was a gammon steak shared with oh as it was huge mashed potato and sweetcorn.
    Sarah well done on the 3pounds off.
    Hedgehogs lovely photo of Xena with Charlie and well done to you also on losing 3 pounds. Isn’t it annoying that men usually lose easier than women😕 I find it very strange that on a Wednesday I have no breakfast then eat lunch and then I’m not hungry for the rest of the day. I went from yesterday lunchtime until 11am this morning and I’m really hungry now 😕
    Caroline 8 pounds just wow! I need to lose 2 stone before end of August.
    Jean lovely to see Charlie 👍
    Have a good rest of the evening everyone.
    Nana ( Mary ) x

Evening, am just home and settled from work, nfd went the way they always do, by eating far too much, must do better.
    I’ll post up a few pics once the page goes closed.

Everyone being having a good day, am not weighing in tomorrow, am going to try and last till next week, I’m dreading it for some reason, think I dont want to be disappointed.

Ok have a nice evening, catch you tomorrow.
    Tammy x

I have made the group private,never done this before so hope it’s ok.

Morning all!
    Anyone fasting today? Hope everyone who’s weighing-in does okay today! Shopping for us after walking Xena, nonFD for me.

Morning!!

Dave, thanks for the FB group, better that its private now. I’ve not got a woof myself, loving the pictures. I have two lovebirds, so will have to post some pics of them. I’d love a dog, but live in a rented flat and the tenancy won’t allow it. Boo to that!

Hope everyone went well on their FD yesterday. Work kept me busier than I thought, so managed okay. Normal eating day for me, and its Friday!

Good luck anyone fasting today.

Catch you on FB over the weekend xx

Morning
    Didnt sleep well last night, Jared my elbow at work yesterday and it’s just gotten worse, everytime I moved my arm I woke with the pain, eventually just got up, then to rub salt into the wound, I about chocked myself to death taking painkillers, it’s going to be one of those days!!!.
    NFD but really should be a fd, I went to bed with indigestion and woke with it, that tells you how yesterday’s eating went.
    Shopping with mother today, so an early start, so we can get back in time for my work. Hope the painkillers kick in before I need to drive.
    Have a good one, catch you later
    Tammy x

Good morning all,up early again so will watch the cricket.Had a shower so will get weighed when I get dry.Taking Denise to see her mum and going with my son to the therapist,then on to Sainsbury’s for shopping.DF put the lovebirds on,nice to see any pets.I like tortoises but Denise won’t have one☹️. When I was very young we used to have tortoise races 😄 mine was the quickest,had three tortoises years ago,not at the same time.

Well another good week.Lost 3 lbs again 😄😄😄.So that means I can have breakfast today,toast and maybe porridge.22lbs to go to first target and a big bar of chocolate 😄😋😋😋.

Dave that’s a great loss!! Enjoy your breakfast 🙂 High five!

Morning All…

Dull day..

Weigh in today 1lb loss for me and 2lbs on for Steve…we seem to be playing bat and ball with the pounds. We had a few dinners last week Steve then likes a couple of slices of bread to mop his gravy, his breakfasts could be smaller portions.

Kay..
    What a busy long day, hope you are feeling better today. Lots of strange dust in new houses it could be an allergy to anything. Good luck to Neil dental appointments 😬

Nana..
    You seem to be very controlled food wise, when going out or missing meals, to have evening meals. Good will power…Poppy has grown so much not very long a puppy…

Tammy..
    Give yourself a weigh in day and go for it…could be a surprise….declare a day next week, needs to be the morning after your second fast day….you will be fine.

Hope you elbow eases off and the painkillers kick in..enjoy shopping with mum….

Hedgehog..
    Walking this morning and cafe stop, a bit of shopping which I missed yesterday. It’s Friday so haddock and chips this evening from chippy. Enjoy your day…

DF..
    Well done on your controlled eating day, keeping busy was good….Yes It’s Friday 😀🍷

Dave..
    Seems the cricket is doing well…good luck with your son hope it proves successful again…well done on 3 lbs off, good matching same loss for second week….another high five 😀 from us…

Jean x

Good morning everyone
    @brads27 well done for the 3 lbs loss. Get in!👏🏽😊
    @nanafixit thank you, no loss as yet this week so going to aim for 3 FDs the second being today of up to 500 cals followed by a liquid fast tomorrow.
    Well done @ sumba7 😊
    I aim for a 500cal FD today with good amounts of fruit and veggies 🌽
    Have a good day everyone xx

Don’t forget Caroline lots of calories in fruit.I have an apple a day used to have an orange too but cut that out. Had toast for breakfast today,no porridge.I don’t normally have breakfast so a treat for loosing weight.If I can loose a pound next week that will be a quarter of my target done in three weeks 😁.

Good morning everyone

Looking like a chilly and fresh day outside but at least it isn’t raining for a change.

Dave

You can’t beat a nice bowl of porridge in the morning when you eat breakfast. Losing 3lbs is a great loss i would be very happy if I lost that amount.

Caroline..
    Good luck on your fast day…..berries are low…

Dave..
    Very strong and thoughtful 😀

Tyhpoo..
    Have a good day fasting or not….

We have been to the park cafe for our weekly treat, Charlie had a sausage his treat day too….we will count it as lunch….

Weather not good at all we got quite wet….Charlie’s mince is now cooking in the oven so we can leave it and pop to Aldi.
    Nothing else planned today..ironing? 😬

Have a good day..

Jean x

HI everyone
    Some absolutely brilliant losses – what a start to the New Year!
    I’ll way at the end of the month and see if I can add anything to the pot.
    Dave – good job on setting up the fb page – afraid I’ll keep out of it just now – a bit nervous about privacy to do not just with me, but some of the friends I have. But if it’s dog pictures you want, just google Elkhound and you’ll see what my old dog looks like…just imagine him slimmer than any you’ll see online and with a greyer muzzle these days!

Swithering between a fd and a very low day today. I have the leftovers of last night’s veg curry. I think I put in lumps of veg that were too big, and probably too much for the amunt of sauce, so I may heat up some stock, add it to the leftovers, whizzy it up and call it curried soup! The boy complained (jokingly) all the way through, and the OH took his portion of leftovers in to work to add some chicken to it!

Today is a mixture of writing and sorting computer things – a new laptop for part of the team of volunteers, so I need to do some of the setting up (gulp) for them! We’ll see how much hair I have left after that…and how much therapeutic chocolate I’ve had to consume!

Mx

Afternoon!
    Dave- well done on the weight loss 👍 Hope things go okay for your son. I love tortoises, never had them though.
    Jean- well done to you & shame about Steve! Enjoy the park walk & cafe, & the fish & chips!
    Minols- hope setting up the computer goes well, rather you than me! Shame about the curry.
    Tammy- hope your elbow gets better soon, sounds like you have a busy day too…
    DF- the birds sound lovely! Have a good Friday!
    Kay- hope you’re feeling better? Any decision on the dog front, about the one in Norfolk?
    Caroline- hope your FD goes well!
    Typhoo- how are you? Hope the weather’s better for you!
    Sarah- glad you had a good day with granddaughter; don’t know if she likes playdough, have recipes if you ever want them! Son got excited this week thinking I was baking- it was cloud playdough for my HS family!
    Mel, Nana, Cakey, Cath- hope you’re all okay!
    Not just Tammy in the wars- tripped over Xena’s bowl carry a big load of washing- twisted my ankle, grazed my hand… Xena came out I thought to comfort me, but no she just checked her bowl & went off again 😂 Ankle aches a bit but was fine to walk Xena. Shopping done- probably undone the good I’ve done this week with chocolate chip shortbread!

Good afternoon, I am at the therapist waiting for my son,she seems very nice and always makes me a cuppa.Only had two small toast, very rare I have toast and cereal it’s normally one or the other.So could be a low day or a fast day even.HH get your phone sorted out I will be on my way to Ipswich to do it 😄. Watching the cricket on my phone but they have gone for tea 😮.I will see what Heidi is up to now on phone 🤪

Minols..
    I realised you wouldn’t do FB, my daughter who is a head teacher keeps well away from it…too much in the public domine.

Enjoy your curry soup…just laughed, making Charlie’s mince I put half a teaspoon of curry powder in to liven it up as he can’t have gravy…just said to Steve try it what do you think!

Good luck on setting up the computer not always easy and time consuming….

Hedgehog….
    Poor you hope you are ok…the last thing you want with dog walking…take it steady…we have our Friday off but it keeps us going all week waiting for the carrot 😂…Charlie had his sausage treat in the cafe, as it’s his day off too 😂..

Dave..
    Hope all is going well, it’s a worry with your son…

Jean x

HH – hope you’re alright – torn between shaken and feeling stupid?

Jean – old dog loves it spicey… Hope Charlie did too. Just came home freezing, added a little water to the curried veggies, heated it whizzed it – fab! Consistency of baby food but the veg all mushed up gave it a wonderful flavour. Full to the brim now!

Dave… Hope your son feels positive. Some days these talking things can leave you feeling a bit sore, other days almost euphoric with relief. Really glad he’s got you there to catch him which ever way it goes.

Mx

Minols- not feeling too stupid- nobody saw!! Curried veggie soup I bet was delish! Going to get colder, you’ll need some more!
    Jean- I’m sure Charlie will love the mince! After Xena tucked into the raw koftas a while back & had no ill effects I do give her spicey leftovers!
    Dave- well done keeping low! Hope son & MIL are okay…
    Takeaway for us tonight, but still cooking for the boys so not exactly & night off! & have made cheesecakes- one bueno one for youngest & a low sugar one for eldest, still have the washing up to do though!

Hi quick catch up while on my break
    Painkillers helping the elbow, have managed to keep it low, possibly fast, have just had a bacon and egg butty this morning and nothing else, not sure of the calories in it though, just sitting with a cup of tea, hope will stay strong later.
    Dave fantastic loss, well done.
    HH hope your ok. Nothing worse
    Minols, I hate setting computers up, phone is bad enough.
    DF, Kay, typh00,Jean, Caroline, Nana hope you’ve all had a good one.sorrybif I’ve missed people, no list here.
    I’ve decided next week I will fast monday and Wednesday and I will weigh on Thursday.
    Right back to work
    Tammy x

Good evening back home now,my son seems to like the therapist,up to now he is happy when he comes out. I like setting up computers and phones, the more you mess around with them the more you learn. Still only had two toast, nothing else. Will go mad at tea.Sausage egg beans black pudding and bacon. Nothing cooked in fat though so I will try and work out out. Bury black pudding, just one horse shoe. 😋😋😋

What a day! Had the two year old who was lovely as usual but anything that could go wrong logistically did. Miscommunication…theirs not mine. Anyway have eaten very little in readiness for a quizz and pizza night tonight. Unfortunately the little included half a cadbury twirl but still. And come to think of it 10 days ago I’d have had the whole thing without a thought. I could do without tonight really as have a dinner tomoz and a house that needs cleaning and hardly any food prep done. I’m usually organised and I don’t like this at all. To exacerbate things we are meeting son and OH who are doing viewings in Brighton. So we’re having lunch at lovely veggie restaurant. Food, food, food. Even in the bad old days I wouldn’t have wanted two such meals in one day. First world problems eh?

Jean, thank you. I need to do what you have done. You were an inspiration last time and you are this. I also remember thinking during my brief FB flirtation that I hope I look like you at almost 70.

Sorry for the illness, Kay and injuries HH and Tammy.

Well done Dave on your 3lbs. Great stuff!

HH thanks for the playdough recipe offer. I may take you up on it. At the mo we are doing pastry or cookie dough, it gets so overworked and grey before cooking not even I feel tempted! My 6 year old grandson who also cooked a bit with me during visits can still separate an egg with ease. #lifeskills

Have a fab Friday night and weekend everyone. Maybe not many fasters over the weekend and def not me! Hoping not to cave entirely, though the alcohol won’t help….

996 calories 😱 and that’s without sauce or bred.Its still miles under my TDEE so it’s allowed now and again. Sausages cooking in oven 🐽🐽.

Having a one meal day today i think had breakfast this morning and still don’t feel hungry enough for my tea oh well it will hopefully reflect when I step on the scales Sunday morning.

Evening All..
    Just finished my haddock and half portion of chips, delicious…really hit the spot, a glass of red later.
    Charlie is staring at me crying, his mince and veg hit the spot too, how can I tell him the kitchen is now closed 😂…thank goodness he has decided to have a nap now phew!

Minols…
    Hope you got your office computer sorted…I blitz the mince and carrot for Charlie he loves it that way looks like potted meat…I am hoping half a teaspoon of curry is ok for him, it made 9 portions.

Tammy..
    Keep strong and busy…late night for you…

Sarah..
    Hoping the house viewings go down well and a busy food day too….it’s so hectic with the little ones but very rewarding make the most of it….I am almost 71 eek….I am so full now do we really want a chicken roast dinner tomorrow 😬, see if I can push it for Sunday….

Dave..
    Enjoy your fry up without fat 😂..I do like that for a night time meal….

Typhoo….
    Very good to have one meal if you feel ok…go for it…scales will be good ..

Have a lovely weekend everyone…

Jean x

Feeling full now.I cooked the bacon in a new frying pan which is supposed to be 5 times more non stick than others.I put two slices of bacon in it with nothing else it cooked lovely and the pan wiped clean with kitchen roll.Two sausages cooked in the oven,poached eggs,beans on the hob.Black pudding boiled.Couldnt eat it all,the black pudding looked like aubergine it swelled so much.Think I will do away with black pudding in the future.

Hello all

Loving all the photos on the FB group. What a lovely set of pets we have, very blessed.

No pebbles in the jar for me this week but none out either.

Love black pudding Dave, don’t have it often but have got a lovely recipe that has it crumbled over roasted cubed potatoes and bacon – it makes the dish so tasty.

I smiled at you spicing your Charlie’s tea Jean, I often wonder if it might cause an explosion at the other end but so far so good. I heard that dogs don’t have the gene that tells them when they are full which is why they will try and convince us they are so hungry. Not sure if that’s true.

Hope your one meal today hit the spot Typhoo.

Sarah – impressed with your will power over the twirl. I’m sure it was worth savouring. Hope you had a lovely time with your little one and not too many catastrophes.

Is your elbow feeling better Tammy, the skin is so thin there, it probably hurts like mad when you give it a thud.

Are the cheesecakes just for your boys or will you share them Hh, hope you’re not hurting too after your trip. Loved the picture of Xena that Jean shared. So nice to see what we’ve been talking about so long.

DF – your story of not being allowed a woof, reminded me of my daughter. She had a flat inspection when she was a student and they spotted her goldfish and said she wasn’t allowed pets. As quick as a flash she replied it wasn’t a pet, it was lunch. I think they didn’t know whether to be horrified or laugh. I’m pleased to say Carrot (the Goldfish) lived another 2 years and was definitely not lunch.

Lots to reply to so apologies for those I haven’t mentioned. Hope your Friday has been good.

Sorry to say we lost my lovely Mother in law yesterday. She went downhill very quickly but she was a good 90 and we nursed her at home until the end. Her faith was strong and she was ready to go. God bless.

Seeing family over the weekend and going to visit my girls, it’s hard living away at times like these. I am awash with tea as feels like the kettle has constantly been on for the last week.

CW

Been to see my mother in law today, she’s 90.Feel like a barrage balloon now. No more black pudding.Think Heidi as a bit of cat in her, she’s always asleep near the fire.

Cakey..
    So sorry to hear of Mum in law, she was a good age and maybe she was ready to go..lovely to have you all around her and she passed quietly in her own home.
    It’s sad when the family are scattered about it makes it so much harder.

We have a lot of variety of animals between us they all are lovely..love the story of the gold fish…

Take care of yourself and the girls…lots of hugs to you all..

Jean x

Update on January progress:

Dave -6 lbs
    HH -3
    Sarah -3
    Nana -2
    Steve -1
    Steve(jean) +1
    Jean -1
    Kay -2
    Annabelle -1

Thanks for doing it Kay,I have to try and keep the good run going.

Well Im feeling a little better but still havent got a voice!

Off to bed early to sleep it off hopefully.

CW, sorry about your M in L, at least she was at home.
    Goldfish story made me chuckle!

Dave, boiled black pudding??? Not in frying pan?
    What camera/system do you have at home for keeping an eye on Heidi? We want to get one when we finally get another dog but there are so many different ones to choose from!

HH, hope you are ok after your trip over 😕 and Tammy hope your elbow isnt hurting too much.

No news on the doggy front as yet. Dont know if the one in Norfolk is available as she was already being looked at by someone.

Steve, did you stick to your one meal in the end?

Minols, computer all set up now?

Sarah, lots happening this weekend for you. Enjoy!

Have a good weekend all x

Wireless IP Camera, Works with… https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07F9K5V8L?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

This is the one I have Kay.Works well.The black pudding is one that looks like an horse shoe, you can boil or Fry so I went for the healthy option.

HH put Avast clean-up on your phone from Google play store.I use the paid version but I think they’re is a free version to.

Good morning everyone.Up early again watching cricket, just had bowl of porridge,are you supposed to put sugar in porridge?I didn’t but never know if you do.Might go bowling later if the weather stays dry.

Morning all!
    Cakey- very sorry to hear your news, nice that you’ve been with her & she had her faith to comfort her, she’ll be in a better place now…take care of yourself, & hugs. Did laugh at the goldfish!
    Dave- I’ll need to get my brain in gear & make sure tech support is on hand before I tackle anything! Glad you enjoyed the fry-up.
    Kay- hope you get your voice back soon!
    Shame about the dog…I did lose 1lb the week before so 4lbs total…a few to go still!
    Jean- any dally rallies coming up? Food sounded good last night! Can’t get my head around a roast on a Saturday!
    Minols- have you got any time off today with the boys?
    Typhoo- have had spells of doing just one meal, good if you can do it!
    Sarah- very impressive will power with the twirl! Wouldn’t happen here! Nice yiu can teach the grandchildren cooking! Enjoy house hunting with your son, very exciting! And the meals out…
    Tammy- did you keep it low yesterday? Hope the elbow is improving…
    Cath- enjoy the walking weekend!
    Mel, Nana, DF, Annabelle- have a good weekend too!
    I’m fasting today, although the cheesecakes are tempting in the fridge, plus leftovers! Lovely & bright, will make the most of that & have a good walk, & will see mum later. Xena had seemed calmer & hoped the adaptil collar was working, but she’s really edgy & grumpy today!

HH if you put Avast clean-up in your phone then run it, it will clear a lot of junk off it and it WON’T do the phone any harm whatsoever.Its very simple to use,a two year old could do it.i use the paid version it cost around £6 per year so it’s 11 pence per week.Ir there abouts.Just put it on and run it.i promise you it will do no harm, nothing to be scared of and it’s a very reputable company.

Morning All…
    A lovely blue sky morning…Steve taking Charlie out…hair colour for me so I can push on while he is out.

Nothing much planned today..ironing!…roast dinner put on hold till tomorrow trying for a low food day.

Kay..
    Hope your voice has come back and you are feeling better..it would be nice to hear from the doggie front, are they rare breed or is there a few about.

It’s lovely to see the losses, I think it makes you accountable…thanks for doing it…is it from when you started or all of January..

Hedgehog…
    Any day is a roast day 😂…leaving it for tomorrow now, we feel full from yesterday. Keep away from the cheesecake too tempting by far …you are fasting on a Saturday!! Now I can’t get my head around that, that’s hard…hope Xena calms down…are your aches ok…
    February is the next Dally rally 22nd rings a bell.

Dave..
    Unfortunately I put sugar in porridge and occasionally jam 😬, it makes it into a pudding but I only have half what Steve has…if you can do without it would be better.

Tammy..
    Hope you are feeling better today, it takes time..

Hoping everyone else has a good weekend, lot of people to go through now…..enjoy your plans..

We are fasting next Monday….

Jean x

Took Heidi out,clear blue skies but all the car windscreens are frozen,seen the wolf,she was fast asleep but likes the cold. Homemade pie for tea, told Denise to give me half of what I normally get but put cabbage and carrots with it. Might go mad and have three meals today.

Thanks Dave, that looks exactly what I want!

You will need the smart life app for it Kay.

Morning Everyone,
    Lots of losses on here well done everyone hopefully I’ll have a loss to report following Tuesday’s weigh in. A FD for today and then again Monday. It’s a beautiful day here and the first had disappeared now but think we’re in for another frost tonight.
    Cakey sorry for your loss but at least she was surrounded by her loved ones at the end and in her own home a lovely way to go.
    Dave a good day for you yesterday good wise and good to hear that your son is finding the sessions helpful.
    Jean our Labrador that we had absolutely loved curry and loved to pre wash our plates before they went into the dishwasher also my late brother in law used to give him Bombay Duck which was a very smelly Indian dried fish but he was never around for the after effects 😉
    Kay hope you’re feeling a little better today.
    Hope those of you who managed to injure themselves are recovering.
    Hedgehogs stay strong.
    Nana x

No way I would give Heidi anything hot, would need a gas mask.Going bowling at 1pm so that will keep me busy,I will give my bowls a polish now.Very sunny here today.

Good morning

It’s a lovely bright day here and there’s a big yellow thing in the sky but no idea what it could be 😃😆.

I only had one meal yesterday which was my favourite breakfast of porridge but looking to eat the a little more today.

Weigh day tomorrow so hopefully will be another pound added to my jar.

Morning all
    Am pleased to say, my elbow is back in action, and no pain.
    Manage to keep it a fast day yesterday, if it had been further down the line, I would of wobbled, I did end up having a cup a soup later on, but counted my calories and it was all good, am going for another fast today, but because I’m working and because I’m starting on empty, I’m going to eat before I go, I’m having boiled eggs on toast, it just comes in under 500, I know I shouldn’t have the bread.
    Cakey so sorry about your MiL.
    Dave your fry up sounded delish, but not the boiled black pudding, I sugar porridge. Or if your looking for a natural sweetener, maple syrup is good.
    Nana good luck with the weigh in Tuesday.
    Kay glad your feeling a bit better.
    HH hope your over your trip.
    Jean nothing better than a roast dinner, I love roast chicken, my desert island last meal would be Christmas lunch yum.
    Minols, Typh00, Sarah, Annabelle, crisp, DF, hope you are all well, have a brilliant day, I’ll catch you all later, it’s back to work for me.
    Tammy x

Dave, confused as I am still seeing photos and stuff put on our new FB site, appear on my ordinary one as well? ie your latest photo of Heidi asleep and the snail.

I just checked the settings it says private group hidden details.But it’s all new to me. I will have to study more.

Mel it’s ok, you will see everything we post on your feed, but no-one else will.
    Tammy x

Viewing 50 posts - 25,651 through 25,700 (of 35,379 total)

You must be logged in to reply.