Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,827 replies, has 403 voices, and was last updated by  hemmy 1 hour, 18 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 25,401 through 25,450 (of 35,312 total)

• Ohhh my braised steak hit the spot…just taken me 50 years to get it right…will be on the menu for another day.

I shall miss the site tomorrow maybe they are trying to give us family time 😂

Have a good weekend everyone..

Jean x

This is where I wish we had a private Facebook group.The quitters reunion Facebook group I am in just as twenty odd members.We could all post pictures of dogs😄😄😄. Don’t know when next FD will be possibly Monday.

Looks like Sunday for us as we are busy Monday….still under discussion..
    X

Think I will be low on Saturday and Sunday and fast Monday.

Hopefully quite low tomorrow and potentially fast or very low on Sunday… If you need to know while the site is down! Thanks for spotting that, Jean.
    Mx

Good evening all. Last day of the week with grandaughter so chilling now with wine. Feeling so much more positive. Haven’t actually done a proper fast day yet (Monday) but feel on it now thanks to the forum. Have also done enough shopping to feel in control of what I’m going to eat and feel more mindful already.

A couple of topics as I don’t know everyone yet.

Dogs- great to have so many dog fans. We have an 8 year old finnish laphund called Gretel. She is a scavenger par excellence (we have a lot in common). I can tell you all love your dogs so no need to explain how we feel about her. Daughter’s dog is a yellow lab. He’s very big (not at all fat but a huge lab) we look after him quite a bit and love him. Not the prettiest lab in the world but just the nicest ever dog.

Eggs- not quite in the only good in cakes camp, although that is prob the best use of them. They have to be well cooked as in totally set for me and though I love to cook, I couldn’t poach one to save my life.

Hope things go well witb your son Brads, aka Dave?? It’s so true that they are always your (little) children. Mine are 40 and 37 now and it really doesn’t change except there’s no sending them to bed early these days however much they deserve it! X

Sarah mine are 41 and 34, it’s the younger one who is having problems, hopefully he will get sorted out. A lot of people on here so Monday and Thursday fast days.

Evening!
    Dave- good that your son feels positive about the therapist, well done for finding them!
    Sarah- mine are 19 & 20, I worry about them so much, especially driving! I’m now at the age where I would love to be sent to bed early 😂😂 Glad you love dogs too, I’ll google what yours looks like! Goid that you’re getting prepared for the fasts!
    Mel- well done with the weight over Christmas,I guess the cloud of feeling rough had a silver lining! I wouldn’t worry if Jodie doesn’t eat veg; dog food has all the vitamins in they need!
    Kay- interesting lunch?!
    Minols- hope today has been to plan, & good luck for the weekend!
    Jean- well done with the braised steak (yuk!). Just do stews for my lot…What will we do without the site!
    I’ll be busy anyway, Church breakfast & prayer thing tomorrow morning, & Mum’s coming for dinner, so not a FD. Tonights dinner was amazing, quorn mince, lots of veggies & pasta sauce with the low cal noodles, a little bit of parmesan (👍 Minols!), came to 270cals!

Forgot to say we’re in for a rough night I think- Xena has been weird all day, very nervy & edgy…just realised it’s a wolf moon, last time we had one she was barking & weird all night!

Hi All….
    We are clearing a quarter of the caravan tomorrow for it going in Monday for repairing..

Our children 47 and 45 mine..Steves 48 and 40..4 girls…grandchildren, 20, 19, 13, 10, boys,.. 12 and 6, girls.

Make the most of the little ones they soon grow…our 6 year old is still cuddle able but in Houston 🙁

Sarah..
    Enjoy your wine, we have had some..you both deserve it..I must look Gretel up..I fancy some smarties..it’s our day off 😀

Hedgehog..
    Have a good morning church and breakfast…..hope the weathers good….enjoy meal with mum….we have a cracking moon with a halo around, Charlie’s asleep…hope Xena is ok, it used to effect my dad a full moon in a moody way going on into arguing, I always think of him at this time!!

Jean x

Evening everyone,
    Quick check in – as have friends coming round shortly.
    Not been to bad a day but Jean couldn’t resist the shortbread biscuits😕.
    Dave sounds encouraging for your son – our daughter whilst in her previous abusive partnership sadly turned to alcohol to try to help her depression but once she left the relationship she met someone else that partly helped but she gained the most help from one to one therapy. It was very hard to watch her struggle but she has now come through.
    Hedgehogs our daughter said that Poppy had been acting strange today maybe it’s the wolf moon.
    Friends have just arrived so have to go.
    Nana x

Evening all
    Finally finished work, had poached egg and bacon and beans for breakfast, just salt for me as well, beef olive and tatties for tea.

Well I’m a cat person, we have a 8 month old tortoise shell with exactly half her face black and half ginger, and she is the only female cat I have ever had and we have decided we will have a litter of kittens this year, but we do already have homes, if and when it happens, hopefully, she will not be the exception to the rule and only have 3 or 4 kittens for a first litter.
    It was bitterly cold here this morning, hard frost, but it has warmed up now, frost has lifted.

I have a 15yr old daughter, who is growing up way too fast, and is now panicking about school subject choices, as she has no idea what she wants to do.

Dave glad the therapist went well and well done on the 3lbs.
    HH enjoy your meal with mum.
    Jean hope you dont have too much cleaning in the caravan, it’s enough to have to clean your home, I hate cleaning !!!, I love braised steak, I have taken a love for slow cooked skirt steak, I have a new found appreciation for meats as am now work on the butcher and fish counters at tesco (am officially a fishmonger)
    Sarah glad your getting that positive vide, it definitely helps.
    Minols I too am looking at keeping it low tomorrow, possibly fd, but it bingo with the girls sunday afternoon and we have lunch, I will try to keep it low, will see.
    Mel and kay, DF hope your good.
    Thinks that’s it, keep having to scroll back on my phone and the page has turned, sorry if I have missed anyone.
    Long shift for me tomorrow 11-8, so I wont get on till evening.

Tammy x

Tammy my son works at Tesco on dotcom.He used to do stock control.He absolutely hates it there but there is no jobs going, he would improve 100% if he found another job.My daughter works at Christie’s hospital.

Dave
    I’ve only worked there just over a year, did 30 odd years caring for the elderly, but got fed up of the pay cuts and politics, I really enjoy my job, I’m no use at dot.com, I can’t even get out the water house without my light turning red, though recon if I did it every day, I would soon lose weight, but there is nothing worse than going a job, that makes your stomach churn just thinking about it, been there done that, but as you say jobs are to hard to come by.

Tammy x
    P.s. its blowing an absolute hoolie outside,can hear bins blowing about in the road.

Morning all!
    Hope everyone has a good day whatever the weather!

Good morning all,

It looks like another wet and wonderful day out there but don’t really expect too much at this time of year.

On the subject of dogs I had a black labrador who was as soft as anything but was a little wary of strangers. She lived up to the reputation of her breed and loved her food and ours if she could pinch it, sadly she died five years ago but left us with so many memories.

Have a great day everyone whether you’re fasting or not my next FD will be Monday.

Morning All…
    Thought it said we would be off line…looks like it’s been done quick….

Blowy here this morning….clearing a bit of the caravan and popping to Argos for my new pan 😀
    Curry from the freezer for tonight and making some freezer portions for Charlie see how it works…

Nana..
    I love shortcake biscuits hard to resist…hope Poppy has calmed down today..

Tammy..
    How exciting for new kittens maybe in the year…our lovely Symba died a few years ago she was 21 a lovely tabby.
    I do a love a good set out meat counter I can drool over it, still cake counter does it too 😂

Awkward time for children these days she will get sorted, it all falls into place…

Hedgehog..
    Have a good morning and the weathers good…enjoy Mum tonight..

Typhoo..
    Labs are lovely, HH has a golden one she is gorgeous…

Jean x

Good morning everyone, very windy here too.I would go bowling but might get blown of the green.My son’s got a cold,he’s got the heating on a shirt,jumper, hooded sweatshirt and a fleece plus woolly hat on and is freezing.Gym on Monday but not going Wednesday’s anymore, bowling instead.I think bowling is just as hard with all the walking and bending and my bowls are quiet heavy.No food so far today,just starting to feel hungry.

Come back people it’s working 😄👍

Evening All..
    Jobs all done ….curry tonight with a few starter dips….we got back from the park with no rain but Dave said it’s on its way….

Made a batch of Charlie’s food, beef and carrot toppers for his kibble, made 7 for £1.50 so that’s good…first portion hit the spot…purée it down but spreads about good……will make chicken and carrot tomorrow and see how we go.

Dave..
    Really cold here and very windy…

Have a good evening..

Jean x

Cold wet and windy here now☔😵

Been wet and cold all day here but it could be much worse

Have you got scales yet Steve?

Hi all

Keeping it lowish today in the gear up for a proper fast on Monday.

Quite a dull day really, a really raw and windy dog walk, avoided pint in the pub which we often do on that route, then household jobs, then 30 mins French practice.

Hope you’ve all had good days and not working too hard.

Jean you have a tribe of grandchildren. Must get expensive at Christmas. We have three now, the boys who are 10 and 6 and the little girl who is two.

I can understand the worry over young adults driving HH and also when they are choosing options and the like, though the truth is we most of us fall into things and so keeping it as broad as poss and playing to their strengths is the advice I always gave when I was working in post 16 ed. Somehow I think it was a bit less complicated back in the day. Parents today have a hard job steering their children through this world of constant assessment and the whole social media thing.

Back to dogs. So love a black lab. Love them all really (and cats too Tammy, we have a very shy little black cat called Dora, like a little panther). For some reason Gretel has a real aversion to whippets or greyhounds or other very slim dogs. Lapphunds are chunky thick set dogs so I’m going with the figure-envy argument.

Chicken salad with roast new potatoes tonight. Not very January like but I have some cold chicken and can’t be bothered to think of anything more exciting. Oh and baked apples. Thinking the sun is well over the yardarm and it is Saturday so a glass of wine beckons in about 10 mins.

Have a great night whatever you’re doing x

Ps I just wondered if I was the only Southern Softie aside from Kay as most of you seem to live in the North. Husband from Paisley if he counts….

Could be not sure, I am from Manchester DF is too I think,Steve is from Scotland,Jean is from Yorkshire, HH is from Ipswich.

Hi all,
    Sarah I am from Lincolnshire. My dog is a small female standard poodle, 10 next week and the light of my life. Googled your dog breed, looks lovely. Very furry, does she need a lot of grooming? Tammy I like cats too but we are both allergic and also difficult when we go away so much. Would have liked one though. My friend is getting two rescue kittens next week!
    Having another NFD today then a FD800 tomorrow. Fancy some wine. Had cheese, tomato and raw cauliflower for brunch then some brazils and a couple of Medjool dates as a snack. Saw them in Tesco and really fancied them, strange as I haven’t had any in years and not something I normally eat. They were so nice, hit the spot. Chicken tikka tonight.
    BTW didn’t notice Jodie react to the moon last night at all but she has been very barky today – gave the window cleaner what for!

Evening All..
    A lovely curry meal out the freezer a left over and all the dips before..a really lovely meal..of course finished the bottle of red off too…a treat later..then a good week ahead…

We are fasting tomorrow..I hate changing fast days but a coffee shop calls on Monday at Clumber Park, we have joined National Trust so giving it a try after dropping the caravan off.

Sarah..
    I suppose the money adds up but I shall be going to Houston in April ish when Christmas will then call to three of the children…so a bit split up but have to remember were I am up to.

Charlie is a rescue Dalmatian, we have had him 11 months, a most lovely nature we have been very lucky. His mum died of lung cancer and his dad had mental issues and just couldn’t manage him. His last 18 months he was passed from pillow to post within the family as both had been in hospital a lot. We collected him from Cumbernauld, near Glasgow. He is 4 next week.

I think just you and Kay in the South. Where is your nearest city?..Minols is Scotland

Jean x

Evening everyone,
    Horrible weather here also – very windy outside.
    Jean we had curry this evening made by my husband but I’ve not had any alcohol. Have been very hungry all day. Daughter said Poppy is much calmer today.
    Sarah I’m in East Anglia about 6 miles from Cambridge.
    Next FD will be on Monday.
    Hope everyone else is doing alright whether fasting or not.
    Nana x

Jean, i live in a village about 10 miles north of Brighton on the south coast. We’ve been here for about 5 years now but I was working for a good bit of that and we are only now just starting to get to know people. Charlie sounds gorgeous and lucky for him as well as you.

Nana, went to Cambridge for first time ever last summer. What a lovely city. We went for my ‘significant’ (60th!) birthday.

Happily full right now. Not looking forward to that intensely hungry feeling I know is to follow but I know I will get used to it and can’t wait to see the scales headed downwards.

Evening all
    Long and very annoying day at work, but have actually managed a fast day, just had my weetabix and banana again, I find it really helps stop the hunger for a good while, and I’ve just had an oxo cube, feeling a bit hungry now. Dreaming of my breakfast.

Hope everyone has had a good day, I’m keeping it short, am tired, will have a proper chat tomorrow.

Tammy x

Well done Tammy. I am hungry now,can see toast on the horizon 🐽🐽

Mornign everyone
    Been up early just to get ahead of a day that will be busy…some ‘doing’ busy, some hanging about busy. I’ll be manning a wedding fayre stand after church in the town. Planning not to eat until after shinty this afternoon.

Love cats, too, but OH allergic, so not an option.

Yesterday wild and wet here, and the boy didn’t feel well, so spent a lot of the day wathching movies – none of them particularly good, but none of them challenging either! I got lots of laundry done, cooked a roast, made banana bread (yuk, but needed to use up bananas) and the boy helped.

Did someone say they had a finnish laphund – looks beautiful! We have a Norwegian Elkhound, and had a Buhund as well…very ‘doggy’ looking dogs. Love all dogs, but very partial to the spitz look and shape.

Mx

Morning All..
    To a very wet morning…on walk..deciding on riverbank or park…park we would both go, do we both get wet, weather worse later…maybe park!! Decisions decisions 😂

A fasting day and I must remember not to eat…..

Nana..
    A bit foody the last two days so we are back on track….

Sarah..
    It’s strange you get used to that hunger feeling, you miss it on holidays, Christmas, you feel the need to get back to it….

Tammy..
    Well done on your fast day a lot harder when you are out working….

Dave..
    A good day for you too…

Minols..
    Hope the boy soon picks up and you get all your things organised for the day…the wedding fayre sounds interesting …I must look up pictures of these dogs they are all new to me…

Jean x

Morning all

Well done Tammy! And I think you were fasting too Dave. Hopefully I too will have a proper fast under my belt on Monday.

Hope all goes well today Minols. I have seen a picture of a Norwegian Elkhound but I will have to consult my dog book on Buhunds. I love the spitz look too but only really since we’ve had Gretel. She is sooo affectionate and sweet but a total nightmare with scavenging. While other dogs play on the beach and our granddog lab frolics in the waves there’s Gretel, nose down, desperately searching for any decomposing matter she can sick up on the carpet later.

Not too strenuous a day planned. A dog walk and seeing Jojorabbit tonight.

Good luck fasting today Jean.

Have a good day everyone.

Good morning all

Doesn’t look like it’s too bad weather wise its dry so far but the weather can change so fast here in Scotland.

Had the big weigh in still on old scales as haven’t decided yet on which new ones to buy and lost a pound which is good considering i had just the one FD.

Good luck to all those fasting today

Morning all
    Rude awakening here this morning, the cat decided she didnt like my daughter cactus and knocked it off the shelf, smashing it everywhere 🤣🤣🤣 daughter wasnt happy, but you cant stay mad at her for long, the cat not my daughter !!!.
    Poached eggs on salt and pepper bloomer for breakfast yum was needing it, woke up with a headache. Gone now.
    Bingo today, think I might even treat myself to a lager shandy, fingerscrossed for a win.
    Minols I love banana bread.Have fun at the stand.
    Jean stay strong, enjoy the walk.
    Sarah good luck tomorrow you can do it.
    Typhoon, it looks like a lovely day out the window, but apparently my washing is frozen solid on the line, someone forgot to bring it in (my daughter), where in Scotland are you?, I’m on the north-east coast.
    Dave, DF, Nana,HH and Kay, and anyone I have missed, have a good day catch you later.
    Tammy x

A good walk, rain at first and eased off..Steve sat in the car…loads of dogs out quite surprised unusually we are on our own in rain…no cafe….Steve wouldn’t go for drink only so home now having a cuppa…

A bit of Home Bargain shopping later a few bits and pieces and Charlie biscuits from Pets at Home…..

Then a lazy day hoping for…..very hot chilli spicey chicken wings for tonight’s meal if you can call it a meal 😂

Sarah..
    I love affectionate dogs, Charlie is in his own way but needs tempting and showing, maybe not had a lot of love in the 18 months before we got him… if we leave him behind he goes barmy when we arrive back, still he comes most places with us.

Gretels searching for disgusting stuff would be a nightmare 😂 all so very different..

Tyhpoo..
    Good on the pound off..the search goes on for new scales…

Tammy..
    I shall have to have a rethink on breakfasts got quite lazy if late going for cereal 😬 not good…a small plant will go everywhere ..not good…

Hedgehog..
    Is all ok…have a good church morning..

Jean x

Minols hope you enjoyed the shinty, I had to Google what it was, I am still not sure, I thought it was lacrosse but maybe it’s different.Wet here as usual think it’s stopped now so will take the hund out.No food so far so it will be a low day.Denise and Peter my son are having roast beef dinner, I fancied lamb so got some steaks for me, will still do Yorkshire puddings though 😋😋. Trying to eat better so having less potatoes (told Denise to cut down my portions) and even having cabbage and carrots,the mint sauce will make them taste better. Get some scales picked Steve,it will soon be Christmas 😄.I have an echo show which is an Alexa with an 8 inch screen.It just said how many days to Christmas on it😖😵🥴.

Afternoon all!
    Jean- hope your FD goes well, hope you don’t forget as it’s a different day!!
    Minols- hope your stand goes well!
    Dave- hope the weather’s better for you. Has Heidi found any more weed yet?
    Sarah- I’m surprised your granddog doesn’t join yours in scavenging- it’s a lab trait usually! Our last was awful fot that! I’m East Anglia, same as Nana; does that count as a southerner?!
    Tammy- well done for the FD, especially if it was a hard day at work! Naughty cat, they do get up to mischief! Love cats too, 15 years since we had one, but son seems to be allergic now. Enjoy bingo…
    Nana- well done on the wine & fasting! Glad Poppy has settled down 😂
    Steve- well done on the pound off!
    Kay, Cakey, Mel…anyone else! Have a good day!
    Ate a box of ferrero rocher we’d bought a for Christmas last night while Mum was here, oops! Enjoyed a ‘day off’ though! Had a long walk before the rain with Xena, & then Church. Hopefully can dodge the rain again with Xena & might pop in to see mum…back to 800cals fasting, had a real battle of will power this morning, nearly talked myself into leaving it until tomorrow, but hopefully can do a few days on the trot now!

Just walked around the churchyard HH,Heidi must have had most of the weed, the daffodils are next to her weed, they are about 6 inches high already. She is going cold turkey today 😵.No breakfast and no dinner today so will enjoy my tea later. My son was trying to explain what tea was to one of his German friends,he said it’s a hot drink,my son said it is but if your from round Manchester its the evening meal.

Afternoon All…
    Quite pleasant here now blue skies..I am so fed up of the weather forecasters getting it wrong..it’s as if they pinch it out of the air and decide…moan over….

Bought myself a hat with ears…no laughing…it’s from Nepal made locally…it’s not bad waiting now for the snow, wind and rain arriving…..my luck it will be hot!

Fasting going ok..looking forward to my spicy wings..a bit hungry…..

Granddaughter is 6 today, I shall ring her soon they are all just getting up….

Dave…
    I do like lamb…Yorkshire Pudds with any meat for me….I always said tea but my American daughter kept telling me off as I was confusing the grandchildren..so now it’s lunch and dinner!…I am definitely not posh 😂..

Hedgehog…
    Good luck on the run of a few 800 days…just made and frozen 17 toppers for Charlie’s kibble, 10 chicken and 7 beef both with carrot bits..going down well..😀
    North of Watford is definitely a Northerer…
    Xmas stash is going down all smarties gone now…nothing now till next weekend….

Jean x

I think that makes me a northener then Jean, we are a bit north of Watford 😂 My Mum & her family are all Londoners, when Dad had to move to Scunthorpe for work they were all horrified- Nan asked if you could get milk delivered up there 😂😂
    I bet Charlie loves his extras! Xena still seems to be on the skinny side, but eating well now, a few more treats needed!
    Enjoy the lamb, Dave. Not very good at cooking that, so we don’t have it often.

Denise said exactly the same,north of Watford 😄. Although I do call her a southern softie,she was born in Plymouth only because her parents were both in the navy,she was only there a few months then moved to Manchester then Cheshire,so I say she’s part of the Cheshire set😄. Still nothing been eaten by me so I don’t know how many calories there will be for tea but I think it will qualify as a low day. No rain but the blue skies are turning grey.

Hedgehog…
    Good Xena is back on her food again and enjoying it…hate it when they get fussy…we are not that bad, we do get milk 😂

Dave..
    Part of my family lived in Westminster in 1780s very rough then, another part in the navy he was pressed ganged from Retford area..enjoy your lamb…

Jean x

Afternoon all,

I lost a pound at weigh in on Friday, so Ive made a start too. Ive not eaten yet today so Im using this as a FD. Neil is working lates so as long as I keep my will power up, it should be ok!

I spoke to the shar-pei rescue trust again yesterday, in an attempt to push our application on, it just seems a lengthy process, but hopefully it will be worth it. Will speak to him again next Monday and see where things are at. Now would be an ideal time to adopt a dog whilst Im off work.

I was born near Warrington and lived there til I was 9, then we moved to Queensferry, 6 miles from Chester but over the Welsh border where I lived for many years, so Im technically a northener!

Rubbish weather here yet again. Wet, wet, wet (🎵🎸)
    Not really got any motivation to do much!! A few jobs to do though…

Definitely known as breakfast, dinner and tea to me but I do tend to change it to lunch and dinner when Im talking to locals down here!

Just took Heidi out again,dry but cold.We went on what I call the wolf walk,there is a wolf that lives at the end house,it is from Canada and was registered the as a wolf. It’s legs are as big as my arms.It dosent like being indoors and was fast asleep in the garden when we walked past,Heidi is afraid of it and if it sees her it howls like a wolf.They have sold there house so won’t see it much longer.Kay we go to Warrington every Friday to see Denise’s mum.

Always a bit confused as to what to call meals… Have used every word under the sun – but essentially… Yum,

Sarah – our buhund was a nightmare scavenger / hunter. Once immersed himself in a dead seal carcass.. Rolled around in heaven – oh that was a nightmare. Also ate rabbit really fasr… Could reconstruct the poor thing the next morning from the vomit.

Right… Too much detail there!

Dave – shinty is closest to hockey in lots of ways… Just with violence and armour! The Scottish shinty team and the Irish hurling team play each year cos the rules are similar. The result for the parent is the same… Time spent on a cold touch line shouting yourself hoarse and trying to encourage good sportsmanship while wanting to call the ref every rude name under the sun!

Mx

Yep

Breakfast, dinner and tea.

Unless of course it’s Sunday then we might have tea tea which would be sandwiches/cake etc

😂

Viewing 50 posts - 25,401 through 25,450 (of 35,312 total)

You must be logged in to reply.