Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,892 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  symba7 1 hour, 36 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 25,001 through 25,050 (of 35,378 total)

• I have just brought Christmas eating things down stairs ๐Ÿ˜ฑ…Keep Off!

I have hand fed Charlie his kibble he has eaten it…..I think he is looking for daughter..

Hedgehog..
    Pud recipe sent to email a good 6 to 8 portions..

Charlie has been so good since April eating, itโ€™s a pain just like when we got him….I shall do it for a couple of days then add chicken again and see if it helps…I have just shopped just 4 things short due to dates.

Dave…
    19,000 calories ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Kay..
    A lovely thought for Neil to come home..I canโ€™t believe itโ€™s a year…enjoy your next few days off..hope you are all safe with the weather and floods…

Jean x

Morning all!
    Ugh, not had much sleep- a combination of being hungry, head buzzing from reading til late & also worrying & keeping ear out for youngest- he’d had a very early start but went out late with friends.
    Busy day- have to drop presents off at brother’s, pick up hamper & drop it off for my family, go into town for a couple of bits, & then food shopping at Asda & Aldi…& M&S if hubby still wants goodies! Definitely not a FD!
    Have a good day everyone!

I am up early also couldn’t sleep,had about 5 hours if that ๐Ÿ’ค.So up at 6-30am.HH can I have chocolates today please ๐Ÿซ๐Ÿซ๐Ÿซ. Going to Denise’s mums soon when Denise gets up ๐Ÿ˜.

Dave- yes, & I’ll be joining you ๐Ÿ˜‚ have a safe journey to MILs…
    Cena has gone to doggy day care so don’t need to worry about leaving her!

No chocolates until tonight,then I may gorge ๐Ÿ˜.Can’t believe that big bar of Dairy milk has got 19,000 calories (almost).That’s 10/11 days food calculated on 2000 calories ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ.

Morning Everyone,
    A very enjoyable but tiring day yesterday spent with my daughter and Great Grandsons whilst husband and son in law went to see the final Star Wars film. Very excited little boys ( could apply to the husband and son in law ) but I mean the grandsons who can’t wait for Christmas Day. Poppy is so gentle with them when taking a treat from them.
    Jean and Hedgehogs almost finished food shopping hoping to get the last pieces today after my blood Doning session this afternoon.
    Dropping off some presents also and then our usual Friday evening take away plus we’ve been asked to meet up with some of our neighbours at our local for a Christmas drink.Will be a late evening I’m thinking.
    Dave all those calories wow.
    Have a good day everyone else whether fasting or not.
    Will check in tomorrow.
    Nana x

Morning All..
    Out early for the park walk to beat the rain but we got caught in drizzle…park cafe shut too but good job as hospital letter about fasting had just arrived!

We are throwing a FD in today..Steve needs to fast for a scan at 4.45 so I might as well join him…eggs for tonight….

Hedgehog..
    Itโ€™s a shame you had a bad night listening for your youngest coming in..those were the days…my ex complained they hadnโ€™t got in woke me up, then I was listening after a few hours I would get up and they were fast asleep in bed and had been in early!
    Hope you get your last few bits and make it to M&S..the supermarkets are heaving, car parks full!

Dave..
    A bad night for you too…are you dreaming of your large dairy milk ๐Ÿ˜‚..enjoy trip to MILs…

Jean x

Nana..
    Posts crossed…
    Glad your day went well …..the children do get so excited, Charlotte is so excited in Texas, the elf is keeping her in check….shops are so busy here, I shall go late one night just about 4 things to get, the dates were up to 22nd…
    Enjoy your evening takeaway and your Christmas drink with your neighbours…

Jean x

Just arrived at mil.She is not happy only just got her breakfast from her carer’s, then they will be back soon with her lunch. Took Heidi out and got slightly wet. Will take her out again when I get home. No doubt she will be on the sofa Watching the TV๐Ÿ˜

I havenโ€™t had breakfast but licked the chocolate bowl out and a teeny weeny couple of bits of marzipan ๐Ÿ˜ฌ…ooops..

Eggs for tonight ๐Ÿ˜‚
    X

Afternoon all

Been a chilly but dry day here just as well as i have been out doing the Christmas shopping so that’s all done and Birthday gifts for my daughter on Monday.

From the first of January I will have to give up having pringles in the house as they are just too tempting and bought a tub of quality street but think i can manage that before the first ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿค๐Ÿ˜‡

Just bought a tub of pringles,only time of year I have them. Just had haddock and chips, delicious ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹.Bought a cake in Sainsbury’s coconut and raspberry, I am the only one who likes either ๐Ÿ˜

Steve..
    Well done on finishing your shopping Xmas and birthday..the tub of quality street donโ€™t seem as big as they used to be..you will be ok..

Dave..
    Haddock and chips yummy…sounds better than eggs!!

Jean x

Jean

The quality street are much smaller than they used to be but it’s the same with the roses too.

If I had the opportunity to lick a chocolate bowl out i can guarantee it would never be turned down.

I am not keen on chocolate cake but I loved licking the bowl when my mam made coconut cake๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹.6-20 and chocolate still untouched ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡.The though is in my mind now though๐Ÿซ๐Ÿซ๐Ÿซ๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿฅž๐ŸŽ‚๐Ÿ˜ˆ

Steve…
    Is it because we are getting bigger everything looks smaller?

Dave…
    I couldnโ€™t eat cake mix…my chocolate lick bowl was melted chocolate ๐Ÿ˜‚ it was 70% dark so not too bad.

Fasting finished kitchen closed..

Jean x

Evening!
    Jean- hope Steve’s scan went okay & the results are good…keep strong fasting!
    Dave- poor MIL- it’s so frustrating having to wait that late for the carers when you rely on them. Enjoy the chocolate!
    Steve- I can resist pringles…until they’re open! Well done getting the shopping done!
    Nana- nice to see all your family, & the lovely Poppy! Enjoy tonight!
    Hope everyone else is okay…
    We went out at 9.30, home at 4pm! Traffic was bad, shops really busy- there’s still 4 days to go for food shopping! We have pretty much got everything, presents & hamper delivered too. But we didn’t get lunch out- it was heaving & queuing out the door!
    Picked Xena up; think she’s got overtired, she’s behaving stupidly again!

I was watching some programme on tv and they were saying that the quality street and roses are something like a third smaller than they were about 30 years ago.

All i have to do now is wrap the presents and try not to get covered in sellotape lol. Its not my favourite job but needs to be done

Hedgehog..
    6 week wait for results….Charlie is still on his medicated baths we have just done him, his next one will be after Xmas a bit late but I think it will be ok…..hoping Xena settles down after her different day…lots of jobs completed for you, I hate it all busy…last fast for us….

Steve..
    Interesting what you said…I would rather have a good size sweet!…..time consuming job wrapping presents good luck ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Jean x

Still not had any goodies,just having a cuppa. Will have something before I go to bed though.

Morning all!
    Dave- being very restrained?! If you had choccy later hope you enjoyed it!
    Nanna or Mel- were one of you fasting today? Good luck if you are!
    Hope everyone has a good day, whatever you’re doing!
    We’re going out with mince pies to let people know about our Church carol services this weekend, lots of fliers to give out…will see how it goes, we gave out chocolates last weekend & people were very suspicious, didn’t give many away! We have over 100 mince pies, could be interesting if we have lots left ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ Hopefully will be dry!

Morning All…

Raining here may pop into Tesco before park walk…we have to go after the 5k run finishes as the car park is full..

Well we braved the scales this morning I was calling it a day last week….we are both the same so very pleased with that…a couple of meals out, shared chocolate orange and some minced pies, apple pies and a small Xmas cake eaten between us..oops..a good finish to the year.

Looking back at the year I have lost 13lbs since January..I think itโ€™s the hardest when getting towards goal the last half a stone is so hard.

Hedgehog..
    Hope you get rid of your leaflets and mince pies, we get a folded leaflet/Christmas card with service times which is quite welcome, ๐Ÿคžto keep dry…

Kay..
    Hoping you are safe with the weather and floods…

Steve..
    Did you get the presents sorted and wrapped…

Dave..
    How are the chocolates..still safe..

Nana..
    Friday nights takeaway and drink with neighbours hoping it was all enjoyable…I did laugh how neighbours are so different, I wish we could come to an agreement….

Annabelle, Mel, Minols, Endellion, Cakey thinking of you all….

Have a good day all…

Jean x

I sampled the chocolates last night and had a chocolate Bailey’s to drink.The big bar is still in one piece though. It’s a nice sunny day today, tempted to go bowling but probably won’t.

Dave..
    I am starting to sample now ๐Ÿ˜€

X

Too early for me Jean, I will start again tonight.My tickets arrived today fo Herman’s hermits and along with the tickets I got a voucher fo ยฃ75 to buy wine.You have to order a case of wine priced ยฃ115 or more and I suppose you get ยฃ75 knocked of it.So if anyone wants the code for the wine let me know.

I haven’t done any wrapping yet but will be doing so over the weekend once I’ve decided which are Birthday and Christmas presents.

Sampling the smarties as I type but the rest of the chocolate is safe for now at least until Wednesday.

I can’t believe we are only four days away from Christmas just wish it arrived aa quick when I was a kid

Well I think its time to declare it Christmas!
    Although not going to bring everything out of the hidey hole just yet!

I weighed myself yesterday and Im the same as I was at the beginning of the month but 3lbs up from my lowest in mid November.
    Im going to try and throw in some 16:8 days over christmas to help and I am going to keep jumping on the scales as usual, to keep in check!

I sat down yesterday and looked over the last few years since finding 5:2 in May 2016 and its very unremarkable! I guess its because I didnt have a lot to lose in the first place, but I still could have done better!

In May 16 I weighed 11st 2lb and by doing 5:2 with some fluid only fasting I almost got down to goal (9st 10) weighing in at 9st 12 in December 16.
    The first half of 2017 had me stable around 10st but the weight crept up over the latter 6 months and by the time christmas had gone, I was back up to 10st 12 at the beginning of January 2018. I was up and down throughout last year but by the beginning of January this year, I had shot up to 11st 6!
    Earlier in the year I followed the Fast 800 for a few weeks and then switched back to 5:2 but struggled to do any proper fast days. I got back down to 10st 8 and apart from managing to get down to 10st 5 on a few occasions, 10st 8 is where I have stayed and where I am now.

I am going to get back on with 5:2 in January and want to get back to 10st in the first instance, then an extra couple of pounds for a buffer!
    I seem to have adopted the way of life to be able to maintain, so just need to get the weight off first.
    By the way Im only 5ft 4!!

Interesting seeing all this written down ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

Kay x

Now Ive got my reflection out of the way, what is there still to bake?! ๐Ÿ˜€

I might have to make another batch of mince pies, only a few left in the freezer. I have gone back to using plain flour as the last ones I made with SR flour were a bit ‘risen’!! Maybe I didnt roll it thinly enough….Jean you dont have any problems, whats your recipe?

I want to make some truffles, but cant find the recipe I have used before. Jean?!

Im also thinking of making a roulade. I have a nice looking recipe for a boozy cranberry and chocolate roulade, depends on whether I can be bothered with the faff!
    But apart from the mince pies, Ive not got anything sweet, no cake etc, so it would be nice to make something. Need to have a think..

We still have a few things to get from the shops and we are leaving it until tomorrow to finish off, should be ok for fresh stuff, only a few days away.

It sounds like everyone is almost ready for christmas and although some sampling is happening, the major chocolate hoards are still in tact! ๐Ÿ˜

Still raining here, although the winds have calmed down. We are lucky here with no flooding, but its been bad not too far away.

Off to the pub for a couple of hours this evening, there is a christmas do on, but Neil is up early in the morning for work so we cant stay long.

Im in work tomorrow and its likely to be a heavy shift as the hotel has its final christmas party tonight. Im also not sure how many rooms there will be used. Ah well, get tomorrow over and then relax!

I am all fasted out until after Christmas now. Yesterdayโ€™s fast day was reasonable but not perfect. Didnโ€™t count properly as I had a bit of butter but probably between 800 and 900.
    Kay, interesting post as we are the same height and about the same weight. I had been about 12st 5lb for what seems like years but am now 10st 5lb. I seem to stay about that to 10st 8lb reasonably easily but need that bit more. My goal too is 10 stone but a bit of wriggle room would be nice. I havenโ€™t been nine stone something since forever!
    Paul got a really bad cold and I think I am getting it now. Good timing!

Kay
    Interesting read …we started together a week a part..we have had lots of ups and downs, life gets in the way.
    I started at 13.7 but I am 5โ€™.8…got down to 11.2 my goal weight was 11.7……I see 11 stone looming but my American daughter has told me not to go lower, I am older I donโ€™t want to look too wrinkly and you need some weight behind you if you are ill…
    I have hovered 2 lbs up on 11.8 for ages and all of a sudden I started to move again…just keep positive..

I do roll my pastry out very thin, I donโ€™t mess with it, cold hands, pop in the fridge for 30 mins wrapped up in cling film to handle better..I do do it in my processor….I find plain flour makes them so hard, I like the crumbley texture…maybe thatโ€™s just me..

My truffles, I have decided not to make them, they make 60, absolutely delicious..I have enough chocolate in now..I shall make them at Easter. I shall see if I can put the recipes on message for you.

Jean x

Making me hungry all this talk about baking. I opened my choccy but just gave Denise a few purple ones,I didn’t have anything. Mince and onion pie for tea, will watch the football first so it will be about 7-30.Mighy have a cuppa and a piece is cake ๐Ÿฅž.

The mixed nuts have been opened….a bowl on the table to nibble at ๐Ÿ˜Š

I like nuts,not got any though, more calories in them than chocolate. My dad used to crush the walnuts in his hands ๐Ÿ˜€

Evening All..
    I have been locked out of the full forum,I donโ€™t know if they have been updating it??

We went to the shops at 9.30 this morning, we got stuck in traffic about half a mile away not moving, Morrisonโ€™s and Tesco on that stretch we gave up, I think traffic going in and out of the full car parks was the problem…we are trying again tonight about 8.30 ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Mel..
    Hope you are not getting his cold….keep on fasting the weight will move, this last bit just takes forever…

Dave..
    Goodness you are staying strong..

I have had a couple of sweets I made..to die for…one for you Kay maybe….you want good quality pitted dates ( no stones in those oval cardboard box), block of marzipan, 70% plain chocolate..
    Open the date and roll a small sausage of marzipan and put in the middle, ( look like hot dogs) melt the chocolate and with a fork dip the sweet and cover with chocolate, put on grease proof paper to go hard…delicious!…any choc left do circles of marzipan on their own and dip those…

Oh I am naughty they may be gone before my guest arrives!

Jean x

Hello

Website playing up again,no chocolates yet but there will be, debating if I should open the big bar of chocolate ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿคค๐Ÿคค.

Evening everyone,
    A good day yesterday with blood Doning going okay, and a nice end to the day at the pub with the neighbours.
    Jean managed to get the rest of the shopping done yesterday. Now just have to get on with making sausage rolls and a large pork pie as that is one of husbands favourite things to have at Christmas.
    Hedgehogs not me fasting today but I’ve definitely come in under my tdee calories.
    Dave we started on our quality street and also had some spiced nuts yesterday but have resisted so far today.
    Nana x

I will start around 9 ish on the chocolates.Maybe later,not had my apple yet.

There was a problem with web site but they said itโ€™s sorted now….

Nana..
    Do you make your own pork pie?…I have never done that, itโ€™s hot water pastry I think…I have finished everything here..
    I have had to block painted my kitchen walls near my hob ready for touch up paint tomorrow, I am a mucky worker splashed with fat and it wonโ€™t come off….๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Martini and nuts in hand ๐Ÿ˜€..cheers Kay..

Jean x

Late one today, watching hockey. Big bar of chocolate still intact.But made a big hole in my tub of chocolates ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Morning all!
    Dave- are you a happy bunny now you can start the chocolate?! Hope the hockey was worth staying up that late for!
    Kay- that’s an interesting journey, thanks for sharing…if you’re 5’4″ that sounds quite low? Hope it doesn’t go up too high over Christmas ๐Ÿ˜‚
    Jean- well done maintaining last week! And doing painting in the kitchen! Traffic sounds like ours yesterday!
    Nana- have made gala pie once, hope the pork pie turns out good!
    Mel- well done with last FD! Hope you fight off the cold, I think I might be brewing one too…
    Typhoo- happy wrapping! Hard with birthday & Christmas so close together for your daughter!
    Minols- hope it’s not too mad for you, & that you have time to enjoy the magic of the time.
    Annabelle- hope you’re better & able to get on with Christmas prep now?
    Endellion & Cakey- hope you’re well!
    Sorry if I’ve missed anything/ anyone!
    Handed out lots of leaflets, but do have some mince pies left- oh dear! I had to do a taste test to compare them from Aldi, Asda & Tesco ๐Ÿ˜‚. I think Asda just had the edge, might just need to check that again though ๐Ÿ˜‚. Got home & then took Xena out, think she overdid it a bit chasing her ball…then a tidy up as Mum came for dinner. No Strictly to watch tonight ๐Ÿ˜ž. Will take Xena out soon & then our family carol service, there’s a candlelit one tonight we might go to as well, depends if I can get dinner ready & in the oven beforehand. Eldest is coming home today after his trip- he says he’s shattered, I think he underestimated how tiring the driving would be as he enjoys it!
    Have a good day everyone!

Morning all

If we’re doing reviews… I got down to 11st 2lb in Oct 2016 when I went to Peru. I bounced around that weight for a while, but by Jan 2018 my ski kit was unbearably tight and the next thing I knew I was 13st,occasionally managing to drag myself down by 5lbs but not staying down for more than a week. Depressing.

I think hormones have played a large part in the inability to keep weight off or make substantive progress – I am about ‘that’ age. But I’m going to keep battling on because the alternative is my sister… With all her health issues. I’ll keep active and mobile, and I will aim to lose a couple of lbs every month next year and try not to get excited if I lose a little more cos then I start imagining the clothes I could fit into by whenever, it doesn’t happen and I lose heart! Iw I’ll carry on the mixture of fast days and smaller portions that I’ve been working on this term.

But immediately, if I can get through Christmas hanging on to the half stone Ivve lost this term then I will be over-joyed…really really don’t want to be starting from scratch in the new year!

Meanwhile, I haven’t bought chocs for Christmas – people will give me some I don’t doubt and I’ll eat more than I should… And the 19000cal bar horrified me, Dave cos once started I probably couldn’t stop. Just how big is it? As long as your arm? Hand to elbow?

Right… Enough food talk. I need to go and think angelic thoughts ready for the nativity service. No food for me until a bacon roll afterwards.

Mx

Morning All..
    A rainy start but Steve is taking Charlie…I have to touch paint my kitchen wall and get ready to go to daughters for lunch…a down stairs clean when back then Christmas ready for visitor tomorrow…

Hedgehog..
    Did you pick up the recipes on email?
    A good morning giving out leaflets shame you had to eat the pies which were left ๐Ÿ˜‚..enjoy your two services today if you can manage both….nice to have all the family back for Christmas..our candlelight is Monday evening but with our guest here and I am cooking the time is all wrong, a bit disappointed really…unless I can juggle the food about.

Dave..
    Hope the hockey went well and not too many chocolates eaten…

Minols..
    Hope the new year is good for you…itโ€™s so hard getting to the end goal, as you say loose slowly and try and keep it off….these middle years are hard going as your body changes you will get there in the end…there will be lots of weight to loose for us all in January…

Mel..
    Hoping you are feeling better today and the cold isnโ€™t arriving…

Take care everyone have a good day….

Jean x

Good morning all

I weighed myself this morning and have gained a pound so on one hand its not good to have put that pound back on but i was expecting to have gained around three so very happy it wasn’t more.

The mince pies and tub of sweets are very safe for now as is the shortbread it wouldn’t be Christmas without shortbread and all to be eaten by the first of January but it’s a challenge i am more than willing to accept.

I am with you Steve all must be gone by January 1st.Minols the chocolate bar is 16.5 inches long and 6.5inches wide,for the youngsters on here it’s 419mm long and 165 mm wide.It would be a challenge to eat it all in one go, but I did do Harry’s Challenge (Harry Ramsdens) once when on holiday in Bournemouth.That was very difficult and lots of people I have never seen before all cheering me on๐Ÿคช.I dare say I will gain a fair bit over Christmas but I am determined to lose 2 stone in 2020.

Afternoon All..
    A lovely lunch at daughters all went well we took Charlieโ€™s bed so he had his own space..SIL was ok….

I did my touch up paint so all looks good again, finished cleaning down stairs waiting for floor to dry then off walking…..

Steve..
    Well done on the 1lb on as long as you know why I donโ€™t think itโ€™s a problem…our choccies will last to June!! So we will have to be strong…

Dave…
    A fish and chips challenge sounds different..did you win…

Jean x

June๐Ÿคช๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿฅดno way on earth I could make mine last that long unless I had a lorry full.Yes I won the fish and chips challenge.It was two very large fish,two lots of chips and two portions of peas plus two portions of pickled onions and bred and butter.If you won you got a certificate and a free dessert which after eating all that they was no chance of eating, so I gave it away๐Ÿคช. Been out with Heidi she had a quick nibble at her weed, watching United on telly now, they are not doing too good at the moment but plenty of time left.

Just had roast beef and Yorkshire pudding, I have told Denise come January I want my portions cut in half, I asked her for less tonight,she said I only gave you three slices of beef but they were very thick. I made 9 small Yorkshire’s Denise had two and that left 5 each for my son and I,I left two.Looking forward to fasting next year.

Dave – I think portion control is my current thing. Just did wee pies from the butchers – cut mine in half so OH had 1.5. Trying to do that as much as possible. Also eating off a smaller plate. It looks fuller!

Mx

Yes I will cut down by half the portion size next year. No chocolates until I have lost 2 stone.So could you eat the big bar in one go Minols๐Ÿ˜ˆ

Viewing 50 posts - 25,001 through 25,050 (of 35,378 total)

You must be logged in to reply.