Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,889 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 3 hours, 36 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 24,751 through 24,800 (of 35,375 total)

• Hi all
    I’m with HH – time to get strict! Had a good day yesterday – omelette, and a tiny amount of curried chicken /rice for tea (it’s one the butchers makes up and it’s awesome!). Only weakness was some chocolate, but I think 8’ll still have been well under 1000.

Today I’m not going to eat until soup and bread during a lunch meeting at a farm shop cafe (sure it will be yummy), and then I’ll have a tiny slice of pie (same butcher) and lots of veg tonight… That’s the plan!

Jean – didn’t know you could freeze scones. I love the savoury scones that Dobbies serve with soup – so that might be an idea. Of course the best thing is an excessively cheesy scone but they wouldn’t stand a chance of making it to the freezer! Not that I’ve ever made them – would not be able to compete with those made by a kiwi called Jeremy who ran a cafe round the corner from my last place in NZ… The ruin of many a good intention!

Hope everyone’s plans go well.

Mx

Morning All…
    A frosty start this morning Steves doing walking duties.
    I am getting ready to go out for lunch with my sister and taking it slowly. Waiting in for Charlie’s food to be delivered.

Mel..
    Well done staying the same that’s hard to do after a break away…

Dave..
    We have about 12 houses decorated in our small street…very festive..

Hedgehog..
    Hoping you find your lights to finish your decorations off….have a good day with your HS family if they are not ill….glad the lead walking is coming together, I try and do a bit a few times a week it’s hard when they are off the lead most of the time.

Nana..
    Hoping for good blood results for hubby today..

Typhoo..
    Fresh donuts are to die for…

Minols…
    Enjoy your working lunch today…when I warming scones/mince pies up I always do it on a defrost setting it’s more gentle..

Tip of the day…….Talking about mince pie baking or any pie baking girls …use SR flour much better than plain!

Have a good day all…

Jean x

Good morning,just about.I was up late watching hockey,It’s a lovely day here today brilliant sunshine.I have wrote this week off as far as losing weight but will keep trying.Anyone fasting today,who has the baton?

Baton well and truly dropped!

Mel we can pick it up next week.Tempted to go bowling but not sure if I will.A woman just said to me dosent your dog walk to heel very well, I said it’s because she is old.I never liked dogs walking to heel, I like them in front so I can see them otherwise it’s like walking on your own.

Good Afternoon ..
    Lovely lunch out with sister Steve joined us…

Charlie’s food has arrived…anyone got a cat?….poor boy he’s no food he doesn’t do a good miaow…🙀

I am not amused …I shall have to use his other food which I am trying to keep him off 😬

Very bright outside but chilly off to the park for a good run….

Dave..
    I am like you, although I have trained him to walk to heel, but I like him just in front which he now does.

Mel and Dave baton dropped??..never mind there’s always another day 😀

Jean x

I had an hour bowling so aching a little now.If you have a Poundland nearby they are selling orange smarties and also sell pink smarties as well as the normal ones.I didn’t get any,but I had to pull my right arm away from them with my left hand,🤪🥴.Bought a few Christmas decorations so will put them up when I get time.

Poor Charlie!

Just looked up at old boy, snoring gently in the doorway, he’s doing that sleeping with his eyes open thing! Ivve just baked some buns and I guess he doesn’t want to risk going too far away!

Amazing creamy brocoli soup today. Looking forward to steak pie in a little while.

Mx

I wish we could put pictures on here.Heidi sleeps most of the day and night😁and you might know she just opened her eyes👀.

Me, I have the baton! & Charlie by the sound of it 😂
    Jean- glad you had a nice lunch with your sister! Hope that Charlie’s emergency food doesn’t upset him…
    Minols- well done keeping strong today! Especially when making buns for your son! 😇
    Dave- Heidi has earnt her sleep! Has she had her weed today?! I am glad that I’ve just read your suggestion of Poundland & pink smarties now, I’ve been very near one today, so might’ve been tempted, too late now!
    Mel- I think I missed your post- have you kept the same weight after your trip? How do you do it?!
    Nana- how were hubby’s results?
    Typhoo- hope not too many donuts eaten?
    Felt like I was useful with my Homestart family, had a cuddle from one of the boys, which was lovely as he does’t accept many people.
    Ended up with a bad headache by the time I got home, not sure if it’s from my neck or maybe from cutting back on the sugar the last couple of days…taken painkillers but still lurking. Eldest home from seeing girlfriend in Southampton, he’s done lots of cooking for her, I suggested he does some for me!

Dave..
    Poor you hope your aches go soon….

Minols..
    Baking buns!…didn’t know you baked!…for the boy(s)

Hedgehog..
    Charlie isn’t still right looking very moth eaten..giving it until after Christmas then re group again at the vets…maybe….daughter says leave him, she’s been through it with her first Dally… Dally rally people say leave him to get over it, it takes time….it’s a Dally rash….a very bad one…

Hope you are feeling better and headaches gone…a good day and cuddle with your HS family…..your son still seeing the girlfriend..has she been to see you yet?

We are fasting tomorrow ..

Jean x

Evening everyone,
    Just remembered that I hadn’t checked in. Please to say husbands psa readings were the same as they were this time last year so very pleased about that.
    Enjoyed our usual lunch today plus walking and cycling so that should help.
    Am planning on having my next FD on Saturday.
    Nana x

Morning all!
    Nana- very good about hubby’s results! Enjoy your trips out, Saturday FDs are hard, hope yours goes well!
    Jean- poor Charlie, I hadn’t realised Dally’s are so delicate! & not common either, hardly see any about now! We have met the girlfriend once, she was very nervous (what had he told her about us 😂😂), so probably didn’t see her at her best! But she’s a doggy person & Xena loved her so that’s good!
    Will be waiting in for my washing machine to be repaired AGAIN- 3rd time they’ve been out in less than a year! Xena will not be pleased, & we have a visitor coming too, hope they’re not both here at the same time 😂. Another 800cals day for me, got woken at 5am as son’s on the early shift, so will be a long day!

Hi all
    Been up ages…not achieved much!
    Nana – so glad blood results are alright…hate tests.
    Jean – I don’t think my recipe classes me as a baker – it’s a fling everything in dish it all out kind of recipe that I’ve been teaching the boy, so I don’t have to buy so many sweets for his lunches. I put so much almond or lemon essence in thought that there’s nothing subtle about the flavour!

HH – so glad you were useful to your HS family – can be a tough time of year for families already finding it tough, so I’m glad they have you.

Bad funeral today – tough circumstances, very little detail from the family to work with and what I do know I can’t say…struggling to know how to help them – humph!

Going to work on an egg, today…and another egg, some chorizo and cheese – yes it’s omelette time again! Then I’ll hold off and have pan haggerty tonight.

Mx

Morning All…
    We are fasting today…

Nothing much planned just dentist, a teeth clean and polish for me, then pop for some flour on the way back…

Nana…
    Good news on hubby’s results..

Hedgehog..
    The girlfriend a long way for a visit, you are not that frightening 😂 as long as you made her some biscuits it breaks the ice 😂..
    Dally’s are a bit rare..they are strange the only dog with an extra gene to the rest of the dogs, and could get stones and crystals in water works, very similar to people with gout, so a diet low in purines is a must….then this blxxdy rash!…his coat has got his shine back I suppose a good sign….other than that they are quite fit.

Your poor washing machine that’s a nightmare…hope they sort it out.

Minols..
    I have decided eggs on a fast day moves my weight, eg 2 eggs tonight 😂…good job Steve falls in…lovely baking with the little one I like that idea….

Have a good day..

Jean x

Just testing been blocked since yesterday afternoon.

Are good I’m back😁.I don’t know if I should leave the weigh in until next Friday but it’s Friday the 13th😱😵😖.I will have gained this week but I haven’t been very bad.Very dull today but dry so far,think rain is in the way though.

It was a beautiful start here, bright & frosty for our walk, but turned miserable now!
    Dave- glad you’re back on! Told hubby you’d been watching footie on Prime, so he watched the West Ham match last night, but they lost 😞 You could be surprised at the weigh-in! Maybe the chocolate diet will work again 😂
    Jean- eggs are nice & easy for a FD, I had some last night. Hope the dentist is okay…I did make biscuits for the girlfriend, but she didn’t eat any! They’re going away for a week next week, will be interesting if it lasts after such close company 😂. They’ve planned a road trip round England & Wales, did debate Scotland but decided not to in case of bad weather!
    Minols- I’ve got an unused bottle of almond essence, you’ve reminded me I need to use that in some baking! Hope the omelette fills you up.
    Typhoo, Nana, Mel, Kay, Annabelle, Cakey…hope you’re all okay!
    Washing machine hopefully fixed, a leaky hose. The chap was a proud ‘daddy’, has a lab puppy, showed us the photos! so he was really intetested in Xena & spent a while getting her to come & see him. He would’ve chatted for ages but we had another visitor- overload for Xena! She huffed & puffed at them but said hello & settled!
    Fasting going well! Will be the last one for a few days then, got foodie things on, I don’t think I can even stick to keto 😱

Afternoon all

It’s a very wet day here again so far and I don’t think it’s going to get any better.

I wouldn’t say I’ve fallen off the wagon but covered it in petrol and set fire to it so no fast day today but maybe try again tomorrow.

HH not had chocolate,just had too much bred and butter 🙄😈. Been bowling again today,so some exercise,it started raining so we only played an hour or so.Had a few biscuits too😋👿🤯.I recon I have gained 4lbs hope it’s not more but you never know.Must take Heidi out in the rain☔☔☔.

Afternoon All…
    Feeling very off and dizzy, hoping not the Nora Virus…trotting to the bathroom and feeling sickly…possibly the best day to have it…not feeling like eating…

Steves taken Charlie for his walk it’s bitter here…

Jean x

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/health-50673491
    It’s prevalent at the moment,hope you don’t have it Jean.

Hope it’s not, Jean, that’s nasty…hope you soon feel better.
    Dave- I put on 4lbs last weekend with not sticking to keto & the Dutch goodies, see if you can equal that 😂
    Haven’t weighed yet, will see if some’s come off with my 3 FDs…
    Typhoo- 😂😂 burning the wagon!
    I’m fed up with being cold 😞😬. Fasting makes it worse, but I’m usually cold anyway. Have got quite a few of the letters done today for my Christmas cards, been putting that off! Stir fry for dinner tonight.

I hope I don’t beat your 4lbs gain HH,more football on Amazon prime tonight,two games then all premiere league games are being shown on prime in a week or two.

Feeling very pleased with myself,Denise didn’t like the launcher on the Amazon fire tablet,too many icons for her liking,so I have managed to put a new launcher on it,it’s the best launcher on Android as far as I am concerned,it’s called Nova launcher,I have the paid version but the normal one is very good.Also the new case came today for it so now I close the case lid and it turns the tablet off and when I open the case it turns it on and starts up Nova launcher 😀😀😀.Took Heidi and she had her fix in the churchyard 😀.

Dave- could do with you as my tech assistant 😂 The boys help out but aren’t here enough!
    I did a sneaky peek at the scales- 3lbs off! So only 1lb left to get off, but if I don’t stick to keto over the weekend it’ll go back on!
    Jean- how are you?
    Finally warmed up, I made a green thai curry instead of just a stir fry, it was quite hot!

I can always help if needed,no guarantee I will know what to do but generally I am ok.Watching the footie on Amazon again.Ordered an SD card for new tablet so I can download films to watch on the plane in march, I have prime and Netflix so should be ok for films from those two.

Hi everyone!

Checking in at last! Been an FD for me today and on Monday, and a surprisingly easy breezy one for me today as well. I wonder if my appetite is just decreasing, as I’ve been feeling much fuller on my NFDs as well?

Hope you’re all well! x

Evening everyone,
    Thank you for the kind comments regarding the outcome of husbands blood test results – it’s always a nerve wracking time waiting for them luckily it’s only 24hrs.
    Went to Ely this morning and it was foggy and cold but the sun managed to break through late morning. Had a pub meal this evening as it’s steak night Thursday and am absolutely stuffed – need to get my iron levels up as I’m booked to go blood doning on the 20th of this month.
    Jean hope you’re feeling a little better now.
    Hedgehogs well done on 3lbs off.
    Dave glad Heidi got her fix today.
    Nana x

I stopped the blood donations, I am on too many tablets.You just reminded me I have to make an appointment at the doctor’s to discuss my blood test results.

Dave I’m lucky that my medication 💊 doesn’t stop me from donating at the moment.

Denise has opened her Christmas stash😱😱😱😮😦😧😩. Nibbling her sweets😈.I am putting on pounds watching her👀👀👀🤯.

Morni g
    Didn’t do particularly well yesterday. Started eating junk at lunchtime… Really didn’t enjoy it which is good and didn’t eat as much as I could have, but really wish I’d had a good day.

Anyway today is a proper nfd – finishing at lunchtime to go to the Christmas Market with the boys as I won’t have much time with them this weekend.

Hope you’re feeling better, Jean. The boy woke up with a cough and he’s NEVER sick.

HH well done on the sneaky weigh in… Be brilliant if it stays off!

Quilt is all laid out on the floor at church waiting to be pinned, trimmed, boun and knotted. Looking pretty good🤔

Morning all!
    Dave- very naughty of Denise, put her in the corner! Hope you stayed strong!
    Jean- hope you feel better soon!
    Nana- curry night?
    Endellion- glad you’ve had a good couple of FDs, nice if your appetite has reduced, mine never does 😂
    Minols- how’s it going, did you keep strong yesterday?
    Mel- are you okay?
    Typhoo- is your fasting done for the week?
    Kay, Cakey, Annabelle, hope you’re all okay!
    Pouring with rain here! Will leave it a bit before I take Xena out! Have got pork in the slow cooker in for pulled pork tonight, Mum is coming & my aunt who’s staying a few days with mum. Hubby has chosen a pudding, not going to be able to resist that!

On route to mums! A bit of a panic at the moment as downloaded tickets to train app and when I came to activate it, it says ticket expired! Ive double and triple checked the date and time!!!

Been a busy week, getting sorted for my trip and working. Made some mince pies yesterday but didnt really like the pastry, self raising flour and egg…

Havent managed any FDs this week and when I got on the scales this morning, they just said…low…
    Sadly that means battery not me!

Hope you are all ok and not got your christmas heads on yet, its too early!

Kay x

Kay I hope mine say low😃.But somehow I don’t think that they will 😖.It’s warm here today 11°C, summer is back.Going to Denise’s mums after I take Heidi out.Not got on the scales, still deliberating on that🤪. Less than 3 weeks to Christmas, soon be here.

I got dressed so no scales, will leave it until Friday the 13th 😱😱😱.At Denise’s mums now she is not a happy bunny,the carer’s have only just gave her breakfast.It absolutely poured down while I was on the motorway,yet people still drive way to fast,must be all brain-dead.Non of them leave a space in front of them so if one crashed they all would.Took Heidi out in the rain I will check in on her in a moment no doubt she will be sat on the sofa watching the telly 😀

Kay- eek, hope you get the tickets sorted & get to your Mum’s safely! Have a good trip!
    Dave- hate driving on motorways in the rain, silly drivers, same in the fog! Must be hard for Denise’s mum if she’s totally dependent on carers- FIL had similar problems when he needed carers, sometimes they wouldn’t come at all, but he wasn’t totally dependent. You’re a wuss, not getting on the scales 😂
    We went to our local Co-op to spend our divvy vouchers- got pretty much all the rest of the Christmas presents there! Christmas cards all done, presents ready to post, so feeling quite organised! Will marzipan the cakes this afternoon, & have decided to make the chocolatey Christmas pud I made last year for Mum & I, so will soak the fruit for that overnight.

Afternoon All…
    I had a bad day yesterday finishing at bedtime by throwing up..feeling more myself but feel weak…Charlie was upset as I was asleep on the settee, crying and whining then he sat just staring at me apparently…bless him..

Steve 2 lbs off today, I lost half a pound….

Hedgehog..
    Glad the 3 lbs has come off..I make a chocolate trifle, crumbled sponge and chocolate sauce with fresh cream in layers then it mingles doing it the day before eating, our favourite for Christmas or special times, it’s delicious…all families have their favourites…

Kay..
    Hoping you got the tickets sorted out….everything is good on the computer until it goes wrong..have a lovely time..

Dave…
    Are you watching Denise closely while she munches on….

Minols..
    Enjoy the Xmas market later….I would love to see your quilt finished…

Nana..
    A lovely steak night….and too much to eat..

I am not doing anything still not too good…at least I have stopped all the nasties.

Jean x

Divvy voucher’s 😀 didn’t know they still did them, are green shield stamps still going too😃😃.I would have got weighed but didn’t want to get undressed again.Heidi is on the sofa watching the telly and looking out onto the street.

Had a lovely meal out last night. Today eating like there is no tomorrow. But there is and I hereby declare tomorrow as a FD800. Shoot me if I fail. Got to pick that baton up, I just keep kicking it away!

Mel- all this eating like no tomorrow & epic face stuffing days don’t seem to make any difference, your weight doesn’t seem to go up much 😂
    Jean- glad you’re up & about! Poor Charlie- at least he didn’t leap on you, Xena probably woukd do that to me! Well done to Steve, & your half pound too!
    Minols- sorry, I missed your post this morning…enjoy the market today! Hope the quilt does get done & looks good!
    Dave- divvy is still going, had forgotten about green shield stamps! Mum’s still got quite a bit of the crockery from the petrol tokens- was it Mobil?- we saw some at a vintage market recently 😂
    Xena’s had 2nd walk, sitting down with a cuppa, getting on well today. Youngest son has decided to book a holiday to Thailand with friends in January, I have 🌞 envy!

Hallo everyone.
    Sorry been a bit quiet. Have been very busy.
    Cards done and presents wrapped and almost done.
    Have had major problems with water here. Toilet cisterns leaking and new ballcock needed which did not fit old plumbing. Back and forth to shop plus water on and off plus buckets to fill cistern. Then discovered pipe in airing cupboard had been leaking and towels and sheets soaking wet. All in all it’s been a busy and stressful few days. As a result all thoughts of dieting out of the window, so much stress.
    Crossing fingers nothing else will go wrong.
    Not planning any fast days as such now before Christmas as meals out season has started. Have increased walking and will try not to go mad on days not eating out.
    I wish you all success in any planned fast days.
    Blood test next week so hope result is good and can reduce steroids. On that subject have done quite a bit of research and it seems to maintain without further gain will be a major achievement so may have to settle for that until dosage is lower. At the moment I seem to be fluctuating between the same 2 lbs so will try to keep it at that.
    Regards annabelle

HH I have a pie dish with a receipt in it from petrol vouchers,still looks good and gets used for cottage pie 😋. Denise is going to make a mandarin orange and chocolate buttons cake🤤🤤,for my son’s birthday on the 10th,we are going to the bowling club on his birthday should be for Spanish lesson but They’re having a Christmas buffet. If he isn’t doing anything at the night I will take him for a meal so not looking good too loose weight next week, going for another meal on Thursday with exercise class. 😱😱😱.It must almost be Christmas Slade was on the radio on my trip home from mil.

Evening All..
    A very lazy day for me……managed my two walks, called and got some trousers for Steve. Still feeling off ish but much better than yesterday..could have been the sandwich when we went out the other day but you can pick up bugs anywhere.

Mell..
    Keep strong for holding the baton…the gun is waiting…..

Hedgehog..
    Holiday in Thailand sounds lovely something for him to look forward too…

Annabelle..
    What a nightmare for you..things can only get better..just do the Christmas lunches and start here again in January we all will have a bit of weight to loose…hoping you can reduce your steroids that will help a lot..

Dave..
    Orange cake sounds a lovely birthday cake 😀..it will be hard for everyone these next few weeks…all re group in January..

Jean x

Evening everyone

I must have the rudest scales they just say one at a time fatty 😝my fasting for this week is done and as its my Birthday next week I will probably treat myself to a small cake or a couple of cup cakes.

Dave

That mandarin and chocolate buttons cake sounds very nice if only we had smellavision so we could all enjoy the smell at least.

Had to go out card shopping earlier as its getting so close to Christmas plus its my daughter’s birthday on the 23rd.

Im really looking forward to being 21 next week 😃😉🤐😝😇

Steve I will let you know how it tastes🤪.Just booked tickets to go and see The Four Tops and the Temptations at Manchester Arena in November next year.Denise is getting clever now booking online,last year she couldn’t turn a pc on😃.I’ve created a monster 😁.A low day today only had cottage pie and green beans, nothing else all day.

Evening everyone,
    Hedgehogs you guessed correctly a curry it was this evening. FD tomorrow I so need it.
    Sounds like a lot of you are getting on with the Christmas preparations.
    Dave cake sounds lovely.
    Jean glad you managed to get out today nothing like fresh air to help you feel better.
    Nana x

Baton gingerly picked up. I can do this. Just today, no pressure. My mojo is very weak!

Viewing 50 posts - 24,751 through 24,800 (of 35,375 total)

You must be logged in to reply.