Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,904 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 7 hours, 58 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 24,701 through 24,750 (of 35,390 total)

• Think the smarties are in danger of being scoffed tonight ๐Ÿ˜ˆ๐Ÿ‘บ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿคค

The tube of smarties lasted less than 10 minutes ๐Ÿ˜ˆ๐Ÿ˜ˆ๐Ÿ˜ˆ๐Ÿ˜ˆ๐Ÿ˜ˆ.

Morning!
    Dave- naughty, naughty! You’ve done well to resist so far though! Polio & scarlett fever aren’t rare, not sure about what your daughter had…the website I do is for Eagle Syndrome, which is a rare neck condition, there’s others ones for rare forms of arthritis, neuralgias, fibromyalgias, all sorts of things.
    Jean- glad the Dally rally was good, & that you had a nice visit with your daughter- I guess Charlie was shattered & quiet if it was after the rally?
    Xena was very good with our friends, sometimes she’s nervous & barks at men but she was fine.
    Got loads done yesterday in the end, an early 2nd walk with Xena, cut hubby’s hair, & did the decorations!
    Just had a long walk & Church shortly, seeing mum this afternoon, a bit worried about her, she seems to have gone backwards a bit despite a busy week with lots of visits from friends. Will take round some of the dutch biscuits so I don’t eat it all ๐Ÿ˜‚

Morning All…

Chilly start but the frost hasnโ€™t arrived….going to a canal and having a walk there for a change…possibly wonโ€™t be dogs and people about which is a shame..
    Charlie was so shattered after the rally he slept for 7 hours, sleepy this morning too..

A bit of food shopping later ran out of bread so just a few bits…

Dave…
    Keep off the rest of the smarties…it would be close call with the smarties in 10 mins?….mine are still unopened…๐Ÿ˜‡..I shall time myself when the occasion arises ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜…

Hedgehog..
    Lovely that Xena was fine with your friends, I think you will have more visitors than us..Charlie loves visitors can be in their faces a bit, strange he was good yesterday he knows if you are not a dog person..still he was tired too….hoping your mum is fine, coming up to Christmas again will be hard again, she has a lot of time to think when on her own…you got your decorations up, they do take time…good idea to pass on some of the biscuits..

Have a good Sunday everyone..

Jean x

Morning all,

Its a chilly and frosty morning here but we are now into December so can expect a few more like this.

I’m down a pound this week which is at least a positive i think it’s them smarties coming back and biting me on the butt otherwise it could have been a two pound loss ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜ƒ.

Welcome to the first day of winter, I may break my rule of only getting weighed on Friday, I think I will have gained a bit so it will make me try hard to lose it before Friday.We are having a meal from the fitness class I go to on December 12th,in a pub๐Ÿ˜ฑ,it’s just soup and a roast,or in my case just a roast,but there will be dirty beer to drink๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜ƒ.

Hi all!!

Once I miss a day of posting, the days roll on and before I know it, another week has gone by!
    Maybe I should try shorter posts and more often. Its the individual comments that take the time and I dont like to miss anyone! I might keep things brief for a bit, to get me back into regular posting ๐Ÿ˜€

Too many to scroll back on but I did notice Daves smarties have bitten the dust!!

Nice bright morning, much prefer this type of weather.

Neil has bought us an Xbox!! Still setting it up and checking out games!!

Really need to wash the car….grit my teeth and do it, whilst its dry.

Hope everyone is ok x

Typhoo..
    A pound off is a pound…all going in the right direction….smarties donโ€™t help…

Dave..
    I like a Friday weigh in I do try and not do it between, occasionally peek..a lovely meal and dirty beer to look forward too…we have two lunch time meals through December, friends on one and Manchester family the other..so not too bad.

Kay..
    Hope your trip was a success and all was well..
    I donโ€™t know much about Xbox, usually grandchildren play them..I suppose you buy adult games? You will have to let us know…our car is really bad too especially inside with Charlieโ€™s hair.

Shopping calls and Steve is asleep ( his blood condition) usually 5 or 10 mins hopefully.

Jean x

Afternoon Everyone,
    A lovely sunny day here so far – yesterday was so cold but lovely and clear. Not a bad day eating wise yesterday plus a couple of glasses of wine in the evening.
    Hedgehogs I decorated our ๐ŸŽ„tree this morning and like yours it’s full of sentimental ornaments. Some of them are from when I was a child plus the decorations our daughter made at play school together with one that we bought for our first Christmas as a married couple also the fairy as she was given to us by the husbands late Aunt. Maybe I should call it a memory tree instead.
    Jean glad the visit went well. Daughter was supposed to be doing a charity dog walk today with Poppy but sadly Poppy has an upset stomach so unable to go. Would have definitely tired her out. Daughter is putting up her Christmas tree this afternoon and hopefully Poppy will leave it alone – they had a tree up for Halloween and she didn’t bother about that at all.
    Dave I’m off out for a Christmas meal on the 12th also going to be in a pub it’s going to be a carvery Christmas meal and I’ll be having a couple of glasses of wine. It’s with the day centre that my sister helps run and it’s amazing how many of the people who attend the day centre can drink so I’ll have some company.
    Going to the tree lighting ceremony this evening so looking forward to that.
    Have a good rest of the day everyone.
    Nana x

Nana..
    A busy time putting up the tree with all the memories..as a second time marriage unfortunately all were left behind, still a lot happier times for us both now…
    What a shame Poppy couldnโ€™t make the charity walk hope sheโ€™s soon better…they eat all sorts as puppies and big puppies ๐Ÿ˜‚ itโ€™s a wonder they are not always ill…
    Charlie is un interested with the tree, he smelt it a bit and around the ornaments and watched us closely, think heโ€™s pleased all the cases are put in the garage he didnโ€™t like the mess.

Enjoy the lighting ceremony tonight at least itโ€™s dry….our lights will be on outside tonight with most of the street everybody makes an effort, lots of activity today.

Jean x

Thinking back when I had my other dog,we put chocolates on the tree and Boots (dogs name) pulled the tree down and woofed all the chocolates,then he went upstairs and scoffed three selection boxes.Heidi is much better behaved.But we learned from it and put the tree out of Heidi’s reach.I have bought 3 smartplugs one I will use to turn on the tree,the second to turn on the kettle,not decided what to use the third one for.

Dave..
    I have been thinking on where to put things…Charlie is very good but I do keep temptations out of his way..itโ€™s like the nuts and bowl of chocolates other bits you leave out for anyone passing, I think it will be a tin of chocolates keeping lid on for one…think on others…

Beautiful sunset at the park tonight, it did look pretty…

Jean x

Hi everyone, had two good B2B FD800 – 810 Friday and only 550 yesterday. Felt rough yesterday and today, sick headache which wonโ€™t go away, normally a couple of pills and they go. Drank lots of water too so not dehydrated. Bit better now, so will have a nice meal and some ๐Ÿท. Was going to weigh myself being the 1st December but decided to leave it.
    Jodie is good with food left out, apart from the day when all our friends were having tea and cake on a low coffee table and she just sauntered by and whipped a slice. It was funny, so out of character. Luckily it wasnโ€™t my slice ๐Ÿ˜‚.
    Interesting reading about the trees with all the memories. Our whole house is memories and clutter over 40 years, totally different to Paulโ€™s brother and wife. They moved a few years ago, threw everything out and went minimalist. Itโ€™s funny you couldnโ€™t get two more different homes. Theirs is a lot easier to keep clean though ๐Ÿคช.

Evening!
    Nana- shame Poppy was poorly, hope it soon passes! Nice to have your sentimental tree up! We had several new decorations I really don’t remember buying!
    Mel- glad you’re feeling better! Your past Christmases sounded hard work, glad you can have more time to enjoy it now! I like the idea of a minimalist house, especially for cleaning, but am too much of a hoarder!
    Typhoo- a pound off is still good, going in the right directiin!
    Dave- naughty Boits, glad Heidi is better, very tempting chocolate on the tree though! Don’t think we’ll be doing that. Xena jumps on the settee & if you’ve left a mug or glass out she’ll drink it, naughty girl!
    Kay- enjoy the xbox! As long as you play together, & not Neil on his own ๐Ÿ˜‚
    Got a few things sorted with mum- she’s coming to us Christmas day, & trying to organise her as my aunt’s coming next weekend, taking her shopping tomorrow. Played Upword, a bit like scrabble, quite enjoying that. Mum had some stollen open, we had some, I could live on that!

Mel..
    Hope you soon feel better. You had two good fast days….I suppose we are quite minimalist, I have very few ornaments and three plants which possibly shouldnโ€™t be there but I like them.

Love the idea of Jodie swiping a slice of cake off the table without anyone seeing…( or seeing ๐Ÿ˜‚)

Hedgehog..
    Glad you have sorted Christmas Day out and Mum knows where she is going. She will enjoy your Aunt coming to see her, she seems more comfortable with visitors now…

We are fasting now into tomorrow..

Jean x

I’ll definitely take a one pound loss its a step in the right direction at least.

On a fast now and through Monday which seems to have come around quickly but this time there are no smarties in the fridge to tempt me into eating them.

I would have my dad for Christmas but he lives too far away and It would be a struggle trying to get him in the oven ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜†.

Typhoo- I’m vegetarian so mum is safe ๐Ÿ˜‚
    I still have some food to finish up so no fasting for me!

I have really fell off the wagon,had the other smarties and some wine,cake too.Will be a miracle if I loose weight this week. Fighting off Christmas feeling, too early yet.

Hi all
    Had a lovely weekend with Mum… But definitely eaten too much! Really glad I weighed a fraction early as it meant I got my 2lb for the month of Nov recorded on the system and I’ll not look closely again until Ivve got a good disciplined week ‘under my belt’ as it were!

Today it’s the Guild lunch and they always invite me… But that is ALL I’m eating today! Then it’s back on the wagon with you, Dave.

Mx

Morning all!
    Up to Jean to hold on to the baton & the gold stars I think, it sounds as if most of us have been indulging this weekend! Wine, Dave? Not like you?!
    Glad you lost 2lbs Minols!
    Have a good day everyone, & stay strong if you’re fasting!

It was just a glass of wine,I bought it already in a glass,you just pull the top off and drink it.It was a tester for Christmas.I don’t if it’s the weather but I feel hungry all the time, I got up early and had Weetabix,don’t normally have breakfast,not going to be a FD today. Will try tomorrow to do one.Bad weather for my knees,took Heidi out and now my knees are throbbing ๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–.

Afternoon All…
    Chilly but lovely day here…a river bank walk then out looking for some trousers for Steve, when we got to the outlet half the shops closed to power cut, so waste of time…

Only drinks so far today but tummy rumbling now…a few hours before we eat…very hot chilli chicken tonight.

Dave..
    Whatever happened??….I am keeping quiet I donโ€™t want Steve to think Christmas has started!

Minols..
    Good idea to weigh in early..well done on the 2 lbs off for the month…enjoy your Guild lunch today….

Hedgehog..
    Hoping all the food is disappearing and you find someone to share it with….baton is going strong at the moment…but I am hungry…

Dave..
    Hoping your knees improve..I am limping with my toe I have a corn, I have never had one before and I am burning it off..two toes rubbing together ouch!..

Typhoo..
    Keep strong today…three hours to go for food for us…are liquid fasting again, a hard one.

Nana, Mel, Kay, Endellion and Cakey..hoping you are all ok….

All quiet on here….is there only Typhoo and us fasting?

Jean x

Afternoon all

It’s another wet and dismal day here but I managed to dodge the rain when I went out earlier.

Fast day going well so far had a few hunger pangs but nothing too serious.

Jean

Looking like its just us fasting today but if anyone else is enjoy and look forward to a normal eating day tomorrow.

I have had about 600 calories today,so will possibly end up around 1200.Sat waiting for a parcel from Amazon,it’s a 10 inch Amazon fire tablet.Denise is pulling her face because she only uses chrome browser and there is no Gmail,but I think I can put them on for her.

Hi all, fasting day for me but not got the heart for it really. Still not feeling 100% but no excuse. Will be over 800 but will try and minimise damage. Jean and Typhoo, you are doing well today. Sorry about your knees Dave. How bad do they have to be before you have them done though?

Until I can’t bear the pain I suppose. Denise was in so much pain she wanted them to cut her leg off.

Afternoon!
    Well done fasters!
    Dave- is it the cold making your knees bad? Hope the tablet comes today & you can get it sorted for Denise!
    Jean- I had a corn & finally got round to getting it sorted a few weeks ago- ridiculous as it was really painful & so simple to get rid of! Hope yours is better soon!
    Minols- was lunch good?
    Mel- hope your FD is okay & you feel completely better!
    Typhoo- where are you in Scotland? You haven’t got the power cut have you?
    Kay- how did the hospital appt. go, are you waiting for any test results?
    Nana- have you been out anywhere today?
    Shopping took a while with Mum, did a couple of other shops as well as Tescos, didn’t need anything myself so could organise her, I think that’s the best way to do it, it’s too hard if you have to get your own stuff as well!
    Had 2 good walks with Xena, there were 4 other labs at the park to plsy with!

Fast Day Fail. ๐Ÿ˜ž.

Oh Mel – hate those days. But make the most of the evening and start again tomorrow.

I had a lovely piece of salmon, w roast spuds and red cabbage followed by panetone so not too bad?

I’ll have a little skyr tonight when the boys eat and then try to get back to the omelette / light dinner pattern tomorrow for the rest of the week.

Hope you and Steve have survived, Jean.

Mx

Evening everyone,
    The tree lighting ceremony was very good and we had a hot dog and a mulled wine each as it was cold.
    Mel never mind there’s always another day that’s the good thing about the 5:2 way of life. I’ve had this happen to me quite a few times.
    Hedgehogs we’ve got friends coming over for a takeaway curry ๐Ÿ› tonight so been busy tidying up – will be walking over to the next village with the husband as he has to have a blood test done every six months ever since he had Prostate Cancer to check his PSA levels. Out for our usual Wednesday lunch time meet up with some other friends.
    Dave hope the knee pain eases for you – my left knee has been giving me a lot of discomfort over the last few days.
    Minols hope the lunch was enjoyable.
    Jean ouch with the corn does it give you a lot of trouble walking Charlie. Well done to you and Typhoo on completing a FD.
    Really sad about the two people killed in Friday – Jack Merritt was from the next village to us which is where I was born but I didn’t know him .
    Have a good evening everyone.
    Nana x

Hedgehogs

Im in central Scotland but not had any power cuts luckily I didn’t know anything about it until I heard on the news yesterday.

I can hear the mince pies in my cupboard calling out for me to eat them but it’s not going to happen maybe I’ll have them tomorrow though.

Well done fasters…I didnt get my head in gear for a fast today, but Im aiming for a FD tomorrow.

Its this weekend I go to my mums, Friday til Tuesday, as long as the train strikes dont affect me!!

HH, the hosp appt was good news as they told me there and then that the red flag symptoms were actually nothing to worry about thankfully, just a potential need to consider hormone therapy ๐Ÿ˜Š

Its been a lovely day here, frosty cold start but no rain.

I did wash the car yesterday, which I did very quickly but unfortunately the crap which came off the wheel arches etc did make a mess in the drive, which took me twice as long to clear as where it runs is across 3 neighbours ๐Ÿ˜

Catching up with recorded tv at the moment, as Neil is going to bed at 8.30ish every night for the early starts…..so Masterchef…..Im a Celebrity…

Hope everyone has had a good day. X

Evening All..
    Kitchen closed all finished…

Dave..
    Hope your parcel has arrived and you can sort it out for Denise…

Mel..
    Sorry you are still under the weather maybe not a good time to fast…maybe tomorrow..

Hedgehog..
    Glad a good shopping day and you sorted mum out..I agree shop one at a time not so confusing…what did you use on your corn?..I am doing corn plasters every two days, last day tomorrow.

Minols..
    Dinner sounded nice….all well here.

Nana..
    What a busy life you lead..glad your tree ceremony went well. Enjoy your curry meal tonight and Wednesday meal out……hoping hubbyโ€™s results are good and clear. A bit of a struggle walking, flat boots not so bad but I went out in small heels they were murder …

Typhoo..
    Freeze your pies and eat one by one…defrost for about a minute then a little bit more.

Kay..
    Sorry I thought you had gone to mums as you went quiet you must of been busy… ..so pleased at your results, I was so happy to be on HRT for me it was brilliant, see which way they advise you.
    Enjoy your quiet evening doing your TV catch ups…

Jean x

Kay- very glad the hospital was okay! Might join you tomorrow fasting…
    Jean- I just used Boots corn plasters, surprised how well they worked.
    Typhoo- my mince pies are very high up so would have to get the steps out, it’s a bit of a deterrent! Hope yours go quiet now!
    Minols- lunch sounded good, stay strong tonight!
    Mel- it happens!
    Nana- hope hubby’s results are good, & enjoy the curry & all the outings! Your memory is very good to keep track of it all ๐Ÿ˜‚
    Dave- did it come? Enjoy the setting up…
    Dinner eaten- really enjoyed some falafel, they’re a bit high in carbs to have when I do keto…hopefully back to that tomorrow!

Yes it came, I put Google play store on it and Gmail plus Chrome.I just had to download four files and install them. All good now.Charging it up now ready to use tomorrow.Will try for a fast day tomorrow but not confident โ˜น๏ธ

Morning all!
    Right, I think we all need to get a grip, ignore all those goodies as it’s too early to start Christmas ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
    I’m hopefully fasting today, aiming for 3 days of 800cals, have no excuses for the next few days!
    Jean- you’re excused as you’ve been strong, & not slipped at all!
    Typhoo- hope you managed okay yesterday!
    Mel- are you trying again today? Sending you keep strong vibes!
    Dave- same for you, hope that your knees are better.
    Nana- have a good day today!
    Kay- how’s the xbox?
    Minols- are you facing any food temptation today?
    Anbabelle, Endellion, Cakey- all quiet, hope you’re all okay?!
    Dog training this morning, & maybe a trip out later to get some more lights. Very frosty here, will take Xena to the park again soon.

Morning all

Fast yesterday was ok but stomach this morning was growling like a very angry bear so fed it with some porridge.

I managed to block the mince pies talking to me so all was good on that front. I’m still getting used to not overeating on non fast days.

Good luck to all those fasting today.

Morning All..
    Park and cafe this morning, then call at a couple of shops……hoping to make some more mince pies and some scones for the freezer, they are the on the to do list. With Tony coming for Christmas apparently he likes them, I like a few back up things.

Hedgehog..
    Have a good training morning…how is the lead walking going?…egg and chips tonight slipping a bit ๐Ÿ˜‚..no frost this morning here…

Dave..
    Glad all your computer savvy has worked and you are up and running.

Typhoo..
    All strong on the pies ..well done…

Have a good day everyone…

Jean x

Afternoon All.

Lovely sky here blue skies and not too chilly…I have been out to buy stuff for helping my corn pain, looking at the full bag, looks like I have having major surgery ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Scones made for the freezer obviously they had to be tried and tested…soon be away when cool.

River walk before dark and egg and chips tonight, one of my favourite comfort foods…

All quiet on here everyone busy…

Jean x

Good afternoon,done the shopping,bought 15 bottles of beer for Christmas and New year.Done our Spanish lesson,it’s going to carry on so that’s good. Not had any food today so definitely a FD ๐Ÿ˜ƒ,must climb back on the wagon.Poached eggs and bacon for tea so not too many calories.Will take Heidi out again before dark.Warmer today didn’t need hat and gloves.

Dave..
    A good Spanish lesson good itโ€™s going to continue..lots of testing out on holiday …a big lot of booze for Christmas…

Jean x

HH strong vibes lost in the post. Feel better health wise and have had two good walks today but feel very stressed at even the thought of fasting. We are out for a meal Thursday night so am cutting myself some slack until Friday, see how I feel then. On a positive note I weighed myself this morning and am the same as on the day we went away for our three day foodie trip so damage there repaired.
    All this cooking going on! I am still looking forward to the Waitrose cherry and chocolate mince pies. Hope they have some left.
    Jean, enjoy the egg and chips. Havenโ€™t had that for years. I can taste it now!
    Good result Kay and Nana hope hubbyโ€™s PSA levels are good. We have three friends who had prostate cancer and all are doing really well.
    Have a good day everyone tomorrow, fasting or not.

Afternoon!
    Fast day going okay so far…not too hungry!
    Dave- well done to you so far, hope the beer doesn’t tempt you! Nice that they’ll carry on with the Spanish lessons!
    Jean- hope the corn stops hurting soon! I love egg & chips, definitely a nice winter meal! Hope the scones were good, the cheese ones I made last week were really nice, I made them thicker!
    Typhoo- hope you’re not too hungry & don’t undo the good work yesterday!
    Did dog training without hubby, he hurt his leg when we were out at the park. There were only 2 dogs, so they took advantage of extra cuddles with Nick!
    Toured round 4 shops to get bits this afternoon- we’ve bought outside lights but still need to get hooks for them! & a new set of indoor ones for the little tree, couldn’t get a candle arch so will have to order one online, too expensive in the garden centres! Xena has some more biscuits, they will be her Christmas present as she has enough toys! Her favourite one is an old plastic bottle wrapped up in a sock! She has missed a park walk tonight, I might take her out round the streets in the dark, not that she really likes that!

HH the beer is safe,not tempted at all, chocolate is a different matter but so far resisted.Denise’s go to meal when she can’t decide is egg and chips, she had that last night. We are both having egg and bacon so I will go and cook it now, hungry now.

Evening everyone,
    Not a bad day food wise – nothing until this evening and had gammon steak egg and chips followed by advent calendar chocolate. Last night was good fun but had way to much to eat and drink ๐Ÿ˜•
    A nice walk with husband to the Drs for his blood test this morning helped to get rid of the sluggish feeling.Will get results of his blood test tomorrow.
    Have a good evening everyone.
    Nana x

Nana- hope the Psa test results are good…sounds like a nice night with your friends!
    Took Xena out for a quick walk round looking at Christmas lights- she’s good on the lead if we’re not heading to the park, Jean! Too excited if we’ve got a ball…
    Dinner eaten, just under 800 cals, will hopefully manage another one tomorrow!

Heidi had her fix in the churchyard ๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿคช.It’s not as cold as yesterday. Going shopping for Christmas decorations tomorrow I think, only one or two trees up in our street at the moment. We don’t put ours up until the 10th.Watching football on Amazon prime ๐Ÿ˜€.

I did a food shop this afternoon and unfortunately was tempted by some very nice looking doughnuts but the smarties have lived to see another day and are still on the shelves at tesco.

I am safe with doughnuts,can’t stand them.Smarties are a totally different kettle of fish.๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹

Morning all!
    Hoping to see my Homestart family today, will ring them later. Wasn’t too hungry yesterday so it was fairly easy, but hungry now, so today will be harder!
    Hope everyone has a good day!

Viewing 50 posts - 24,701 through 24,750 (of 35,390 total)

You must be logged in to reply.