Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,906 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 18 hours, 43 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 24,551 through 24,600 (of 35,392 total)

• Endellion…
    If scales stress you out maybe better without them..when visiting your parents it will be a surprise..

My daughter worked for Emirates for 20 years in Dubai..small world…she is visiting Dubai at the moment catching up on a few friends…..what are you doing with them?

We are on pulled pork butties tonight, so not overboard…plenty left for dinner tomorrow do roasties and veg..or something like that…

Jean x

Good afternoon,a dull day here but dry.Still got my smarties 😇. Took Heidi out twice so can relax now,lemon chicken tonight so not too many calories but not a FD.Around a month and the days will start getting longer😀.

Hi Jean – I’m not sure, I think I’d be less obsessive now, and weighing every now and again certainly keeps you accountable. I’ll have a think…
    Ah yes I remember you saying your daughter worked with Emirates – it sounds fabulous! Where I’ve been today has actually only been the Emirates stadium, where I work as a hostess during Arsenal matches.
    All done for the day now and fighting falling asleep on the tube!

Had a mince pie which was delicious. Have resisted so far but……It was so nice I had another and now feel sick. Serves me right. Also am astounded at the calories involved. It wasn’t a FD but nevertheless…..
    Careful tomorrow before attack on Monday.
    Warning. Keep away from mince pies.

Evening All…

A pleasant walk out tonight, dry, a bit on the dark side…we both had our lights on, very mild, very relaxing..

Pulled pork shortly all ready now but a bit early….

Dave..
    Smarties safe and sound here….enjoy your lemon chicken….

I seem to buy like we used too and we don’t eat like that now…we have cut back a lot but not enough, I forget how awful you feel when you stuff yourself.

Endellion..
    Think on the scales…I wouldn’t be without mine…I weigh once a week sometimes mid week peek but not always…I forget Arsenal is sponsored by emirates, sometimes tickets were available when the crew flew in…maybe not these days…

Annabelle..
    Are mince pies so bad??…goodness I will be making ours shortly only 24 between us, I freeze them so they carry on into the new year…Still I serve warm with double cream and we have two each 😬😬😬..a test on my mini apple pies ( size of mince pie)..they went down really well yesterday..oops.

Jean x

Evening everyone,
    Weighed yesterday and stayed the same which I’m okay about.
    Hedgehogs the chocolate and cherry mince pies were heavenly – we only had one each and I out the others in the freezer.
    Hope everyone else is keeping okay as I’ve not had chance to read back from my last post.
    Nana x

Good evening all,

Very interesting to hear what everyone is upto this weekend and for dinner,well for me it’s bangers and mash with baked beans and a couple of tomatoes i had in my fridge.
    Its been a very overcast and wet day up here in Scotland but it’s the end of November so can’t really complain.

I have a feeling I may have to visit my local Tesco and indulge myself with some smarties and mince pies but will try not to eat them all at once before I fast Monday.

Evening!
    Chocolate talk is bad enough, not mince pie talk too 😬. I looked longingly at some viennesse whirl topped ones in a bakery today, I did walk on, only just 😂 Did my Church prayer morning after a march round the heath with Xena, bought my Christmas cards & a stack of birthday cards…have done a pile of ironing & been to the park with Xena, sis & Arnie. Would’ve seen mum but she wasn’t answering her phone, she’s at sis’ now so is okay.Xena is being really silly & growly tonight, she growls away but wags her tail & fusses round us! She’s tired after playing with Arnie. Haven’t done too bad foodwise today.

Mince pies not a problem for me, I can’t stand them.I Reckon a tube of smarties is about 600 calories 😫.And once I open them I empty the tube Denise is scoffing chocolate 🐽🐽😖.I had an apple😇

Morning All…
    A lovely dry morning……an early walk caught loads of dog walkers at a distance …

At home day today catchup on downstairs cleaning, a spot of ironing…….baking mince pies and writing cards on the to do list?? We will see…..

Park I think this afternoon before the rain starts again next week..

Nana..
    Keeping the same is fine…getting near December it’s always a funny month…….chocolate and cherry and mince pies?? Different….not sure..

Typhoo…
    Did you get out to Tesco..I like mince pies..

Hedgehog..
    What a busy day yesterday…you push a lot in….

Dave..
    Very strong watching Denise eating chocolate…😀

Have a lovely day everyone…

Jean x

Was going to ask where to get the chocolate cherry mince pies but on second thoughts – don’t tell me!!
    Had a good day yesterday, 700 calories, lots of water. Did 16:8 too. Same plan for today before we go away tomorrow to a very foodie pub for three nights. So looking forward to it. Hopefully some good walks too, although the weather is not inspiring me ☹️. Good day everyone, any fasters today?

Morning all

Its a dry morning here but overcast so im not sure what the day will be like.

Weighed myself this morning for the first time in a long time and was around the same weight as I was when doing this way of life but still need to lose around two stone.

Jean

I haven’t been out to Tesco yet so no sweet goodies and will be avoiding the shopping tomorrow as it’s my first fast day for a while.

It’s wet here just for a change, just over a month to Christmas,must get the cards wrote.Think of the poor postie’s they get absolutely hammered with cards this time of year,the main office in Manchester deal with one million cards per day,a scarey thought.I think it’s stopped raining so time for doggie walk.

Managed a dry walk, Heidi seen one of her friends,Willow a big rottweiler,she likes me more than Heidi I think😄.Got the first leaflet for the general election,it’s from the Brexit party.I read somewhere that they are not canvasing because they wouldn’t be safe to do so😵 don’t know if that’s true. I have just had egg on toast,not had that for years, really enjoyed it.

Afternoon All..
    A busy day, cleaning and ironing…finished…mince pies baked and in freezer, just held 4 back, made a black cherry pie, I noticed the pie filling in the cupboard a bit sweet but ok….trying to clear some stuff from my cupboards…

Steve tidied the garage, I helped him get all the Xmas toys and tree down, Christmas lights up outside but not on…before anyone does a 😱…we are not the first!…will be turned on next Sunday the 1st…there will be at least half a dozen in the street then…..

My pulled pork of yesterday, I left half as a joint it has cut up a dream and very tasty, for tonight’s meal..roasties and yorkshire’s etc..

We are fasting tomorrow ..

Mel..
    Enjoy your foody trip it sounds lovely and different ..enjoy all the lovely food..weather may be iffy hope it holds for some good walks.

Typhoo..
    Good luck tomorrow, we will be with you….

Dave..
    A million cards a day is a lot…I think a lot of people are cutting back….that’s my next job!…all dry here today.

Jean x

The post starts to get really busy the second week in December,it’s no exaggeration about a million cards a day then you have thousands of parcels too plus business mail.I know because I worked there for years.I miss the people but not the job😄.My arm is very sore since I had the pnumonia jab,never had one before.Cant believe it’s starting to go dark already, better take Heidi out before it’s black outside.

Dave..
    It seems to have been dark all day…pitch black outside when we walked in the house…

Jean x

Yes not good, another month to go then it will improve every day.

I’m a celebrity makes me laugh,out of ten of them I think I know maybe four.How do you become a celebrity these days,if you walk past a camera and are accidentally caught on film does that count?I don’t watch it but it amazes me how they can be called celebrities.On a good note the Yorkshire puddings mixture is waiting in the fridge,roast beef tonight 😋😋😋.

Dave..
    I don’t watch it but I agree with you totally ..a tv presenter and they a celebrity, loads of people just doing a job..you just don’t know any of them…

Our dinner was really nice….don’t really cook dinners now…Steve said, I have to keep my hand in…my sister and son have ‘ ping’ meals now ( microwave)…nothing like a home cooked one and baking too…don’t do much of that now ..

Are you fasting tomorrow?

Jean x

Yes I will be fasting tomorrow.I was very tempted to open my stash of toffees last night, picked a tub up but they wasn’t mine so had a cuppa instead😇Smarties tempting too they are not Christmas toffees so I think they will be gone before Christmas.

Talking about Christmas tree and lights still a while to go with us,we do it on my son’s birthday,10th of December.Seen a couple of trees lit already in nearby street.

Having a cup of tea before the fast starts though I have been nibbling on the quality street i got in for Christmas so will probably need to buy something else for that oh well.

Dave

My Birthday is on the 10th of December too though I’m a good deal older than your son in body at least my mind still thinks I’m 25. 😝

Yes in my mind I am around 27,but definitely not in body👴👴👴

Evening everyone,
    Am pleased to report a successful FD under my belt – kept myself busy for the day. Managed to get our Christmas cards written – Dave a million cards a day. My sister was a postie for a while until she slipped over on her round one day and damaged her cocyx so they transferred her into the office but I remember her being exhausted for most of December due to the heavy deliveries.
    Mel the chocolate and cherry mince pies are in Waitrose they’re by Heston Blumenthal and called chocolate crumb and sour cherry mince pies.
    Jean & Dave your evening meals sounds good.
    Will be putting our tree up next Sunday – there is going to be a tree lighting ceremony on our village green next Sunday which we go to it’s lovely to see all the children excited to count down to the big switch on by Father Christmas who then goes around giving all of them sweets. Us adults partake of some mulled wine and hot dog sausages.
    Off to Cambridge tomorrow which is why I made today a FD as husband is talking about having lunch out.
    Nana x

Some lovely food eaten over the weekend – judging by the posts!
    I was so restrained all last week I treated us to stewed apple and custard on Saturday – oh and a very large piece of fish topped with chorizo and cheese. I noticed someone else had bangers and mash – typhoo? Well ysrerday the boys had the bangers and I had the mash… Lovely cheesy cauli and haricot mas+ – and there is enough for today. Also had my first chocolate in a week last night.

Weekend busy – didn’t finish till 9 last night but the best bit was getting whole load done on a quilt on Saturday. I might even finish it by Christmas at this rate!

Lu cky to be able to have a slightly relaxed start this morning cos I’m working from home until lunch, so i’ ll maybe have an omelette once the boy has gone to school.

Take care, everyone.
    Mx

Morning all! I miss one day & tons was going on! Very busy yesterday, Church, 2 Xena walks to the park & games with other dogs, roast again & Mum came…I love I’m a celeb, watch it every year, but only know most of the older people 😂
    Mel- well done fasting at the weekend!
    Dave- do you ever have a dry weather day? Well done resisting chocs & toffees! I worked in a sorting office as extra hours for Christmas, I loved it, did London, I knew all the major street postcodes off by heart!
    Nana- have a lovely time in Cambridge, going one day ourselves hopefully!
    Jean- it’s good that you’ve cut down on all the meals, it’s still all freshly cooked suff! you have very busy days too, your house must be immaculate 😂
    I agree Sunday 1st is early enough for decorations!
    Typhoo- hope your FD goes well & you can keep away from the Christmas chocs!
    Kay- hope Neil’s birthday was good!
    Minols- hope your back is improving?
    Cakey- how are you?
    A quiet week for us so hopefully can get some jobs caught up with…I’ll be fasting the 800cals days Mon- Thurs, if I can! I didn’t find it too hard last week, it’s sticking to keto that’s seeming difficult now!

A nice wet morning to you all.
    Have reviewed my progress over the last 3 weeks and have lost precisely 1/2 lb. shock horror.
    Admittedly I have had a few eat out lunches which didn’t seem too excessive but obviously I did not cut back enough in between. FD today and tomorrow as I have to see some decent weight loss to make me keep going. I feel at the moment i am on a yo yo system. I have been writing everything down but have been unable to calculate the eating out. Things may improve when I am more used to it.
    On a different tack does anyone use a fitness tracker? How useful is it or is it just another gadget?
    Any details, hints comments would be helpful.
    Hope you are all doing better than I am
    Annabelle

Morning all

It’s a wet and wonderful day here too but I’m not going out for shopping as there’s too many Christmas temptations in Tesco.

Woke up at around 7:30 this morning and feeling very hungry I’ve had a coffee and a glass of water so far but stomach is rumbling away but it’s a zero food day for me.

Good luck to all joining me in a fast day just remember tomorrow is a normal food day.

Morning All…
    A dry muddy walk in the park…taking the caravan for a small service which doesn’t involve emptying the lot, collect tomorrow…hairdressers Thursday…

Fasting today…stepdaughters birthday the 10th too…

Nana..
    We have a tree in the village and lights on the trees on the green…I think it just arrives 😂 enjoy Cambridge and lunch..

Dave..
    Keep off the toffees!…do you say toffees and you mean general sweets, like Steve?

Typhoo..
    Keep off Christmas things that’s not allowed…good you owned up..Dave is chomping at the bit!

Minols..
    Nice to see the quilt out….is it still the special one for the piano…and nearly finished😀..well done I don’t know how you find the time.

Hedgehog..
    My house is far from immaculate shall we say clean and lived in 😂…I only have one good do once a week sometimes split into two half days…a quick hoover about for dog hairs a couple of more times…..I was much better when I was working.

I couldn’t cope with ‘ping’ meals I am too fussy eater..I like to know what’s in things!…you were missed yesterday you was very busy…

Annabelle..
    I have worn a fitness tracker for goodness, er 6 years, I have a Fitbit flex2..although it tracks movement/steps…I used to do 4,000/5,000 steps a day, even less sometimes….terrible…I am now doing 17,000/20,000 a day…I wear it every day wouldn’t be without it…even just for health reasons, I think you have to be over 15,000 steps to help with weight loss, I have found that for me but I have a low pulse and can’t get my heart to a working heart rate.

Keep pushing on, the weight will move as you get more into fasting…it’s a funny month December…the big push in January for us all as we will put on weight….as we say….”if you wasn’t fasting what weight would we be”

Jean x

I have a smartwatch with Google fit on it but don’t pay any attention to it.You are supposed to do 10,000 steps a day,the only time I do that is if I am bowling for a few hours.My knees are so bad I have no chance of doing ten thousand steps.Heidi would also struggle.Well guess what,it’s raining again 🙄🙄.Fast day today and gym too, somebody mentioned an omelette so I might have one for lunch before I go to the gym.Heidi is asleep and it’s raining so will leave her in peace until it stops.

Annabelle- sorry, missed you off this morning…I have to say that I didn’t lose anything at all on just 5:2, doing 500cals FD, not sure if you’re doing 800cals? I think maybe I’ve messed up my metabolism 😂…so I had to do ADF- maybe adding in a 3rd FD will help, especially if you’re eating out quite a bit, as that’s bound to be more cals than you’d have at home? Unless you could try one meal a day, that can sometimes help as you shorten the eating window? Especially days when you eat out. It is hard…
    Typhoo- I can cope with going in Tescos but wouldn’t dare go in M&S at the moment, definitely too much temptation!
    Minols- posts crossed earlier, well done with the quilt, & especially well done being so strong last week! Stay strong today!
    Later walk with Xena, waited for hubby, feel really weary today & got sooo hungry, so have had a teeny lunch already! Not much hope of getting lots done, no energy! Could sit & do cards I guess…

Thank you for your speedy replies.
    Hedgehogs
    I was trying to do 800 on FD but think I need to go lower so am going to try for 600 today.
    Symba7
    I struggle to manage 5000 steps so your 15000 is out of the question unless I am out all day with frequent stops. Have to own up to bad knee and foot plus very advanced in years. I’m really looking for things to encourage me and it is heartening to hear that you wouldn’t be without your Fitbit. I’m really impressed at the amount of steps you manage to get in.
    Brads
    Interesting that you seem to use yours mainly as a watch, can you illuminate the dial? Thanks for the info.

I have 2 weeks when I am not going out to eat (at the moment), so I have a good opportunity to get some serious work in. Walked to the post office this morning (1 3/4 miles ) and bought Christmas stamps plus overseas ones. Now raining quite hard and as have no dog that needs to be taken out will try to take my mind off food by
    writing some cards. I hate the job.
    Annabelle

Annabelle I have a new fossil watch,yes it does light up at the moment I have a star wars watch face,just to wind up my son😀.It has an heart rate monitor which is the main reason I got it,but it has lots of useful apps on it like find my car.I also receive all my messages on it and can reply by text,can even receive phone calls on it.Jean yes toffees are sweets, I don’t like calling them sweets because that’s what they were called when I was about two years old.Denise calls them sweets,she calls fizzy drinks pop, I call them minerals 😀.

Well it stopped raining so I took Heidi out and yes it started raining.I walk around the front of the church now but Heidi managed to find a new batch of her weed😵. It’s right next to the big arched door, I like looking at the names on the gravestones,Ethel, Nathaniel,Agnes, Samuel,some real old names although mine is probably older.

Dave- yours means beloved in hebrew! Tell Denise that, see if she agrees 😂 I did laugh that you call pop minerals!
    Annebelle- not got started on mine yet!
    Found the energy to wash the kitchen floor- the chicken somehow slid off the carving dish onto the floor last night, it was wrapped in foil so was fine but the juices went all over, Xena had a field day! At least it’s not slippery now…need to take her out before it gets dark!

I decided to go out in the rain for some supplies i needed at Tesco and also bought some mince pies but they are for next month or i hope they will last that long lol.

I did have a look at some bathroom scales too that also measure BMI and body fat but am still thinking about buying them or not.

According to my first name which is Stephen i should be having a feast next month while being watched by some bloke called wenceslas but while I may enjoy a good Christmas dinner i definitely won’t be watched by anyone 😃😉🎅.

Afternoon..
    What a waste of a day..caravan back in storage we have to take it back in on the 14th Dec, we thought it was out of warranty, but it’s not so need to empty caravan and have full service 😬…still not thought of food..

Annabelle..
    I would try and do 500 calories on fast days.. I have bad feet and have started taking omega 3, I think it helps a lot…I ran out of them for a month and I have noticed the difference we are back on them now…looking at Annabelle48..is that 1948?

Dave..
    Steve confused me a lot calling them toffees, when he doesn’t eat them..he got bought the wrong sweets 😂..no late walk Charlie he won’t go out so I am not pushing him, but I feel guilty….

Typhoo..
    So you match my Stephen……we bought scales with fat, water, bmi but we don’t bother with that bit now….very good digital scales, spot on, I like the 2 point increments.
    You are being brave buying pies already for next month.

Egg, tomatoes and bacon tonight….soooooooon I hope..

Jean x

Thanks symba7.
    Have tried to do 500 but cold weather defeats me. Might do better with warmer weather and salads.
    Feeling cold now so hope that means ketosis is kicking in. Keep looking at clock to see when I can eat!
    No 48 was plucked out of thin air. Tried several names and all taken so just tacked 48 on the end of Annabelle. It’s actually 11 years out, the wrong way. Work that one out.
    Annabelle

PS symba7
    Thanks for the omega tip. Will try

Back from the gym,Ruby the fitness trainer is calling Stuart and I Laurel and Hardy 😀.Steve said it could have been worst Dumb and Dumber😄😄.It’s so dark and miserable outside 😟.I picked up the smarties last night but put them down again, I have been dipping into my tub of toffees(sweets)and taking a purple one out each time I pass the tub,but I give it to Denise 😇.I will not touch the smarties until Friday at the earliest.Sausage egg and beans tonight I think.Dont know what Denise is having,she knew the meaning of my name.I bought a tea shirt and on it was I don’t need Google my wife knows everything,where she used to work they called her Google too😄.

Just back from a dark wet walk withe dog.
    Had a good Fd… Had my omelette and I’m about to do my mash, then we’ve got an eco ideas swap tonight which should be fun! Coffee and cake too, no doubt – church es run on it!

My big news today is that I passed my grade 4 piano today – chuffed to bits. It’s 40 years since I scraped through as a kid and this time I got distinction.

Btw – I’ve done a few Christmas shifts at the sorting office – absolutely loved it… So satisfying turning chaos into order!

Mx

I worked at the main sorting office in Manchester for over 30 years,got fed up of being made redundant in engineering.Most letters are done by machine these days but still thousands of Christmas cards done manually,for 15 years I used to sort letters to all the country then changed to just Manchester letters.Did foreign letters too ft or a while.Just back from a dark walk with Heidi,think I will stick to walking her while it’s still light,can’t see the floor when it’s dark.Feeling hungry now.

22 hours into my fast but im definitely not counting honest. Feeling the cold so made myself a nice cuppa but otherwise feeling quite good.

I’m sure talking about omelettes and cakes when someone hasn’t eaten for almost a day is some kind of torture or at least totally unacceptable behaviour 🤐. Though to be honest im probably better not eating anything than having the calories I could eat as that would just make things alot harder.

I did give in to the temptation to buy some smarties i can only blame the bad influence of others talking about them here and that is the excuse i am sticking with.

Evening All..
    Kitchen closed…egg, bacon and tomatoes went down well..

Hedgehog..
    Sorry I missed your post earlier…chicken juices on the floor I could just imagine Xena so excited..Charlie isn’t bothered tonight for walking, just fast asleep, he looked outside and he wouldn’t go…

Annabelle …
    A wee babe…your 11 and another 11 for me 😬 I am getting old now…

Dave..
    Laurel and Hardy sounds good….where are all your chocolates kept, out of the way?..ours in the back bedroom.

Minols..
    Congratulations on passing your exam ..Well Done…

Typhoo..
    A full liquid fast now that’s a hard one..well done…smarties orange or mixed?…I have both…

Three of you have walked out…you have made me feel really guilty…It was pelting down here…😬..we are on very heavy rain alert midnight Wednesday and all day Thursday…that sounds good!

Jean x

Minols you can play us a tune now,well done.✅✅✅⭐⭐⭐. Annabelle your still a youngster.Jean my goodies are in plain sight on the kitchen table.Desperate to try the smarties but not until Friday.After the weigh in 😄.Storm Sebastian is on the way so more rain I imagine 🙄🙄🙄.

Jean

I was very tempted to go with both but for now its the mixed tube of smarties.

Its been raining here too but if i didn’t go out in the rain id never leave the front door this is Scotland after all we only have two seasons and one of those is winter.

Evening everyone,
    It’s been a horrible dull day here also today and now raining. Cambridge was not as busy as we thought it would be but I managed to buy the last of the Christmas presents I needed to get and then lunch at Bella Italia again as husband had a voucher one main meal at usual price plus a second main meal for only £1. Nothing else will be eaten today as I’m still full. Having a Tesco online delivery this evening between 8 & 9 so a little bit of exercise packing it away.
    Minols well done on passing the exam a real achievement given considering your busy life.
    Dave love that Heidi had found a new source of weed.
    Hedgehogs agree about not going into Marks & Spencer at the moment whilst in Bury St Edmunds last week my sister wanted to go to the food hall there to buy some tins of Chocolate biscuits for a Christmas treat to take to the day centre that she helps to run. The day centre was set up by my late mum with two friends over 40 years ago so my sister is carrying on with it.
    Annabelle the first time I tried 5:2 I had 500 calories for my 2 FD ‘s and lost 2st 10Ibs fairly quickly but then Christmas came along and I regained 10Ibs – this time around it’s coming off slower but at least it’s coming down I’ve lost 2Ibs so far this month so I’m happy with that. Don’t be disheartened.
    Typhoo stay strong 💪
    Nana x

Annabelle- are you 37 then ?😉 That’s the only trouble with doing 800cal days, 509seems really tough after that!
    Typhoo- well done you with a liquid fast…I used to do them but it stopped working for me, so I find 5-7 days of the 800cals every day seems to do the trick. Keep away from the mince pies!
    Minols- well done on the 🎹 exam! 🌟 now to resist the cake?!
    Nana- well done finishing the Christmas shopping! I guess with your big family there must be alot to buy! How lovely that the day centre your mum started is still going & your sis in charge, is it for the elderly?
    Jean- if Charlie’s asleep that’s good, let him rest! How’s his skin looking? Although if he’s like Xena he’ll wait until 9pm & want a game 😂
    Xena is being silly now, her game was cut short as I lost her ball, so she’s not had quite enough running to wear her out! Dinner eaten, distracted myself from hunger with writing the cards, all written but still have to put letters in lots…

Oh dear I seem to have confused some of you so let’s set the record straight. I am …wait for it….82. Born in 1937 so a child during the war years.

Viewing 50 posts - 24,551 through 24,600 (of 35,392 total)

You must be logged in to reply.